9.0

1. DevinH.
    Sep 7, 2007
    I played the original Resident Evil 4 on my Gamecube when I purchased it in March 2005. Resident 4 was so amazing that it made me forget to finish San Andreas and focus on playing it instead. It is now September 2007 guys. Porting a game 2 1/2 years old, throwing in Wii controls, and selling it for $30 without any change since the PS2 version came out isn't going to cut it. Even if I played the original Resident Evil 4 on my Gamecube when I purchased it in March 2005. Resident 4 was so amazing that it made me forget to finish San Andreas and focus on playing it instead. It is now September 2007 guys. Porting a game 2 1/2 years old, throwing in Wii controls, and selling it for $30 without any change since the PS2 version came out isn't going to cut it. Even if you haven't played the game yet, it is just simply so much cheaper to buy a used copy for the PS2 or Gamecube instead of wasting $30. Peoply buying this port on the Wii and reviewers giving this game a 9 or 10 out of 10 is just going to promote more developers to take short cuts by developing junk or remakes of an old stale game made years ago instead of devoloping masterpieces like Bioshock. Expand
  2. PeterF.
    Mar 5, 2008
    I'm amazed at the scores for this. I can't find one redeeming feature. The gameplay and mechanics are as stale as they were 3 games into the series, the control system is awful. You can't strafe (sidestep) so entering occupied rooms is always a deathwish, the wiimote as a knife? Doesn't matter what you do it's the same knife swipe that may or may not make come I'm amazed at the scores for this. I can't find one redeeming feature. The gameplay and mechanics are as stale as they were 3 games into the series, the control system is awful. You can't strafe (sidestep) so entering occupied rooms is always a deathwish, the wiimote as a knife? Doesn't matter what you do it's the same knife swipe that may or may not make come anywhere near the object that magically explodes. It's just weak. Expand
  3. TomD.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Awful, controls make no sense, game play is bland, no edge, worst game I have played.
  4. Ryencoke
    Jul 12, 2007
    It's the same game you played on Gamecube or PS2. They just threw down the graphics to become top-notch PS1 graphics, and low end PS2 graphics. The gameplay is okay, very hard to get used to. Controller doesn't work all that swell. Game itself is excellent, just Wii needs to learn to make some good games with decent graphics.
  5. aspentitan
    Dec 18, 2009
    Brutal controls. They are playable if you are willing to struggle learning them for 10 hrs until they are second nature, but it is not worth the effort since there are equally good shooters out there with better graphics that do not require this effort. In all fairness i think it would be an ok game if you only had a few games and were willing to put in the time on this game with more patience.
  6. TroyT.
    Jun 21, 2007
    I'd mark this version as a rental - good game but rent it.
  7. MarcSanders
    Dec 16, 2007
    PLease. 9.1? I give this game a two because it still makes a fine coaster. Beyond keeping the dripping condensation from my frosty beverage from marring the coffee table, I have no further uses for this title. Can't move while shooting? No strafing? Four headshots to kill the baddies in the first level? Ridiculous. Back to Halo and CoD4, thanks. The Wii will continue being used toPLease. 9.1? I give this game a two because it still makes a fine coaster. Beyond keeping the dripping condensation from my frosty beverage from marring the coffee table, I have no further uses for this title. Can't move while shooting? No strafing? Four headshots to kill the baddies in the first level? Ridiculous. Back to Halo and CoD4, thanks. The Wii will continue being used to play kiddie games with the kids. Now where did I put Mario Sunshine... Expand
  8. Dec 10, 2013
    When Resident Evil 4 first released back 2005, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was ok part just thanks to Ada Scenes along with Wesker Scenes, only good part of this Rerelease is Motion Sensing Gameplay.
    Gameplay: 4/10
    Story: 6/10
    Total: 7/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.

1. Though they suffer a bit when things get hectic, the Wii-mote-enabled controls generally serve RE4 well: Aiming weapons, swiping your knife, and shaking off face-sucking nasties with real-world moves adds urgency to an already incredibly intense experience. [July 2007, p.82]
  2. It has the looks, it has the compelling level design, and it has the scary bits. Check, then: this is Resident Evil 4 all over again, but slightly better.
  3. The most intense gaming experience on the Wii...It will consume you. [July 2007, p.80]