Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Wii

8.9

1. Dec 16, 2012
    Good game. It is nothing compared to the old REs, but it's still good. Nice graphics, gameplay and plot. Recommended only if you like Resident Evil very much, but you don't care about its big gameplay change.
  2. JeffV
    Feb 27, 2009
    While most people will say the controls have made this game even better, I can only wonder how bad the game originally was... It is a 3rd person shooting game where you can't strafe, and you can't move while you shoot. While I'm sure fans of the series will say 'it is not a shooting game' those that haven't followed the series to the point will find the game While most people will say the controls have made this game even better, I can only wonder how bad the game originally was... It is a 3rd person shooting game where you can't strafe, and you can't move while you shoot. While I'm sure fans of the series will say 'it is not a shooting game' those that haven't followed the series to the point will find the game annoying to play and are better off picking up just about any other 3rd person game other than this one. This game would not have even been looked at twice if it didn't have RE in the title. Expand
  3. Alex
    Jul 25, 2007
    I've never liked Resident Evil. in my opinion, its the number one series that Capcom should just kill and never speak of again. between the awful controls, horrible camera, boring graphics, terrible voice acting, and downright slow gameplay, Resident Evil is one of the series i hate the most. however, Resident Evil 4 is good. almost good enough to redem the enitre franchise. almost. I've never liked Resident Evil. in my opinion, its the number one series that Capcom should just kill and never speak of again. between the awful controls, horrible camera, boring graphics, terrible voice acting, and downright slow gameplay, Resident Evil is one of the series i hate the most. however, Resident Evil 4 is good. almost good enough to redem the enitre franchise. almost. there have been a number of improvements in this title. better controls (especially on the Wii Edition), decent graphics, a tolerable camera, likeable voice acting, and surprisingly good pacing make this the first Resident Evil title i'm proud to say i've played. but, in my opinion, there isn't really anything good enough about RE4 to call it the stand-out title of the new millenium. yes, it is the best game in the RE franchise, but that doesn't necesarrily mean its the best game i've ever played. its good enough to keep me hooked and liking it, but not good enough to make me terribly excited for RE5. and why is it still imposible to move AND shoot at the same time? is it really that difficult to make happen? Overall, 7.5 out of 10. Expand

#4 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#2 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Though they suffer a bit when things get hectic, the Wii-mote-enabled controls generally serve RE4 well: Aiming weapons, swiping your knife, and shaking off face-sucking nasties with real-world moves adds urgency to an already incredibly intense experience. [July 2007, p.82]
  2. It has the looks, it has the compelling level design, and it has the scary bits. Check, then: this is Resident Evil 4 all over again, but slightly better.
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    The most intense gaming experience on the Wii...It will consume you. [July 2007, p.80]