9.0

1. Luco
    Apr 7, 2008
    Simply astounding. So good I convinced other people to go buy a copy as well (they say it's astounding too). The controls, the tension, the artificial intelligence, the bosses... I could go on all day, but suffice to say whether you played the Ps2/GC/PC versions or not you should definitely pick this up. The new control scheme alone makes it worthwhile. This is gaming history. Be a Simply astounding. So good I convinced other people to go buy a copy as well (they say it's astounding too). The controls, the tension, the artificial intelligence, the bosses... I could go on all day, but suffice to say whether you played the Ps2/GC/PC versions or not you should definitely pick this up. The new control scheme alone makes it worthwhile. This is gaming history. Be a part of it. Expand
  2. MikaR.
    Aug 2, 2007
    This game is as enjoyable on Wii as it was on Gamecube - and it is even more better in many aspects. The controls are just perfect. For a moment I considered Wii a bad purchase, but this game changed all that. Thank you Capcom, thank you Nintendo!
  3. Andy
    Aug 6, 2007
    Best game yet I've purchased for the Wii. The controls are flawless; it's never been so much fun to aim and shoot - just like playing at an arcade. I never played the first version so everything is new to me, the small nuances like merchants and multiple weapons make this game incredibly addictive.
  4. vickersr
    Jul 7, 2008
    OMg loved this game I tried to play resident evil zero on my wii which was a gamecube cd and it sucked cause u have to use a effin game cube remote and it sucked i though re4 was the best i hope wii incoorperates all R>E in too wii form!
  5. BrianO.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Great game - easy enough to get into and keep moving through, but difficult enough that you don't breeze through it. More of this please!
  6. LittleJimmyP.
    Oct 4, 2007
    This is the best game ever! Are there any others out there like it? Every other game I try is horrible compared to RE4. I hope the next version is just as good.
  7. ThomasL.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Quite simply this is the best game Ive played EVER!. Forget about Zelda. If its such a good game why did I get so frustrated with it and get stuck on the fishing part. As soon as I finished RES EV4 I went back to proffessional level and did it all over again! Quite simply the best 23 hours of game play in my life!
  8. MikeG.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Perfect in every way, had the game on ps2 and i cant put it down now, wish they'd remake more resident evil games with wii control and re4 camera.
  9. asdfasdf
    Jun 25, 2007
    An excellent game for the wii compared to what is currently available. It's just as good or better than it was when if first came out for the 'cube.
  10. JamesT.
    Jul 23, 2007
    Not usual drawn into the purchase of shoot 'em ups i was amazed at how much fun this game was, controls are perfect in my opinion, and the difficulty curve throghout the game is great for challenging gameplay. Completed once, and now am thoroughly enjoying my second round, this ones keeping all of my other wii purchases in the shade.
  11. SYC
    Jul 6, 2007
    This new Wii version is the DEFINITIVE version of one of the best games ever created. With all the best features and additions from both of the previous versions of RE4 plus the excellent new control scheme, this game is definately worth revisitng without hesitation. If you've never played before, then I reccommend you head down to the store and buy it immediately!
  12. RickH.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Splendid game, excellent adventure and gore on the Wii. The controls are good, a little tricky to pick up at first, but soon become 2nd nature. A bargain price in most outlets too, so I would recommend highly!
  13. Boone
    Aug 14, 2007
    Just to echo with what almost everyone has said this is a really great game on the Wii. I've never really been a fan of these types of games and I've never played any of the other RE's. After seeing the glowing reviews and the low price tag I gave it a shot. It took a few times to get the controls but now they seem natural. Great game for the Wii library. I'm looking Just to echo with what almost everyone has said this is a really great game on the Wii. I've never really been a fan of these types of games and I've never played any of the other RE's. After seeing the glowing reviews and the low price tag I gave it a shot. It took a few times to get the controls but now they seem natural. Great game for the Wii library. I'm looking forward to The Umbrella Chronicles, don't change a thing. Expand
  14. ScottW.n
    Aug 19, 2007
    One of the best games ever. It will never get old or boring for as long as you have it. If you have the other versions buy this one anyway because of the wii controler. It realy helps in the expereance.
  15. FrankC.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Honestly, this game deserve something more like 9.8, but 10 is closer to that than 9 so I chose 10. It deserves this in MY opinion as it has more replay value than any game out today. New controls just make it that much better.
  16. BarneeB
    Nov 10, 2008
    The best survival horror game ever. The wii controls doesnt add much to the game, but they work well, so at least they're not frustrating. The game is virtually the same as the other versions, but it features all the add-ons of the other versions, so it could be called collector's edition as well. The suspence, the way the story folds is just amazing. Play it in dark with The best survival horror game ever. The wii controls doesnt add much to the game, but they work well, so at least they're not frustrating. The game is virtually the same as the other versions, but it features all the add-ons of the other versions, so it could be called collector's edition as well. The suspence, the way the story folds is just amazing. Play it in dark with surround sound and it will definately scare the hell out of you!! If you havent played the game yet, go and buy this version NOW!!! Expand
  17. BBSS.
    Apr 10, 2008
    The resident evil game was great. It was good single player action. After you've finished the main game you unlock extras which are really hard . This means that when you have finished the main game you dont get bored with it after. A great game and cheaper than most others.
  18. tonytony
    Jan 22, 2010
    Anyone who thinks the controls are hard for the first 10 hrs is just plain bad at video games. My favorite game ever. I hope I get to play a game this good again.
  19. KarlP.
    Oct 20, 2007
    One of the best games I've ever played! Wii controls are great and its well worth $30.
  20. SimonY.
    Dec 20, 2007
    Takes the best game from the last generation, adds LOADs of extra content, perfect controls and an improved framerate. If you played the PS2 version ther isn't much point in buying it, but if you played the GC version thjen the extra content makes up through it. If you've never played the game you need this game more than any other game ever.
  21. ZapB.
    Oct 5, 2007
    This game is great. I never played the earlier versions, so I can't compare the controls, but the Wiimote give you pinpoint aiming which makes it awesome to take apart bad guys by shooting their feet, knees, etc.. The guns are really cool, and I think the only glaring omission is not having him say "Listen up you primative screwheads.. see this? This is my BOOMSTICK!" every time you This game is great. I never played the earlier versions, so I can't compare the controls, but the Wiimote give you pinpoint aiming which makes it awesome to take apart bad guys by shooting their feet, knees, etc.. The guns are really cool, and I think the only glaring omission is not having him say "Listen up you primative screwheads.. see this? This is my BOOMSTICK!" every time you blast someone with the shotgun. Expand
  22. JT
    Jun 21, 2007
    Great Game... This is a must have for the Wii.
  23. KenH.
    Jun 24, 2007
    Easily the best version of RE4. I've played and beat RE4 on the Gamecube and the PS2, but this version destroys them both! The Wii-Remote is absolutely PERFECT for this game. If you've never played RE4 (or even if you have!) PICK THIS GAME UP! Seriously a steal at $29!
  24. SashaM.
    Jun 25, 2007
    I was hesitant to pick this one up at first...I have the gamecube version and I'm quite happy using my wavebird controller and in-game laser sighted weapons. But make no mistake this IS the ultimate RE4 experience. The Wii controller allows for fast precise targeting (enemies have context sensitive hit zones) and the motion sensing controls are intuitive and responsive. Forget the I was hesitant to pick this one up at first...I have the gamecube version and I'm quite happy using my wavebird controller and in-game laser sighted weapons. But make no mistake this IS the ultimate RE4 experience. The Wii controller allows for fast precise targeting (enemies have context sensitive hit zones) and the motion sensing controls are intuitive and responsive. Forget the reviews knocking the seperate aiming and camera controls. The increased aiming speed allows plenty of time to re-center the camera. This game is FUN, still looks awesome and rivals most games on the market today. Expand
  25. KevinC.
    Jun 25, 2007
    This is a GREAT game. Even though it is just a port of a several year old game, and it doesn't exactly push the system, this game is one of the best to be released for the Wii yet. The plot is well written and really brings you into the game. My only complaint is that the Wii's control scheme could have been used a lot better.
  26. MikeB.
    Jun 26, 2007
    I have never played the GameCube version but I decide to pick this up. It is incredible I tried playing with both the GameCube and Wii controls (you can use either in this version) and the WiiMote defiantly improve game play. The lack of strafing make the controls a little awkward but it doesn
  27. Louis
    Jun 26, 2007
    Definitly a MUST have for any RE fan ... !
  28. JosephW.
    Jun 28, 2007
    I've played this game through on the cube, ps2, and now the wii and even thought the game is basicaly the exact same ps2 game without the load times. The improved controlls make it better than its ever been.
  29. IainC.
    Jul 31, 2007
    WOW! I love this game, totally addicted to it. Played previous versions and could never get on with the knife but on the wii its as easy as dicing chicken! Blood and gore make it even better with great monsters to fight. Also you no longer have to get tape for the typewriter so can save freely - my biggest disagreement with old versions! This is a must have. Play with the curtains drawn, WOW! I love this game, totally addicted to it. Played previous versions and could never get on with the knife but on the wii its as easy as dicing chicken! Blood and gore make it even better with great monsters to fight. Also you no longer have to get tape for the typewriter so can save freely - my biggest disagreement with old versions! This is a must have. Play with the curtains drawn, lights off and volume up! Expand
  30. A.M.
    Jul 5, 2007
    So far, this is the best wii game to come out, and it may actually be the best game I have ever played!
  31. CarlW.
    Aug 11, 2007
    Wonderful edition to the wii, bring on umbrella cronicals.
  32. MichaelP.
    Aug 16, 2007
    Incredible game. I quit playing RE after... well pretty much after the first one. I found the ensuing seqels could never be as ground breaking as the first. However, this is certainly groundbreaking. I would say it is the best usage of the wii controller yet. The graphics are impressive too for a system that is not sold for graphic superiority. Also, the voice acting and story has come a Incredible game. I quit playing RE after... well pretty much after the first one. I found the ensuing seqels could never be as ground breaking as the first. However, this is certainly groundbreaking. I would say it is the best usage of the wii controller yet. The graphics are impressive too for a system that is not sold for graphic superiority. Also, the voice acting and story has come a long way. A lot of zombies too. Great stuff. Expand
  33. TomG.
    Aug 17, 2007
    The best of the ports. The framerate is constantly at 30FPS, ensuring smooth gameplay all throughout the game, and the aiming is incredibly stable and easy to pick up and play. All thegoodies from the other ports are here, and this has the best graphic detail when compared to the PC/PS2 versions. If you have a GameCube controller, you can plug it in and enjoy RE4 like on the GameCube, but The best of the ports. The framerate is constantly at 30FPS, ensuring smooth gameplay all throughout the game, and the aiming is incredibly stable and easy to pick up and play. All thegoodies from the other ports are here, and this has the best graphic detail when compared to the PC/PS2 versions. If you have a GameCube controller, you can plug it in and enjoy RE4 like on the GameCube, but with better speed. Buy it: You will NOT be disappointed. Expand
  34. RyanH.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Great game, better than the PS2 and GameCube versions. The controls remove the frustration with the controller in the other two versions, and only take a little while to get used to. The full 480p widescreen looks spectacular for a Wii game.
  35. DaryleH.
    Aug 7, 2007
    I understand that people are entitled to their opinions, but if anyone tries to say that this game is awful then they are simply wrong. It is not a matter of opinion that this game is great, it is a matter of fact. Could it have been better? Yes. As mentioned, strafing and being able to shoot while running would be nice. But the story is well told, and the voice acting is great for a I understand that people are entitled to their opinions, but if anyone tries to say that this game is awful then they are simply wrong. It is not a matter of opinion that this game is great, it is a matter of fact. Could it have been better? Yes. As mentioned, strafing and being able to shoot while running would be nice. But the story is well told, and the voice acting is great for a video game. The weapons are fantastic and the wealth of bonus features that open up after beating the game is on a level of its own. I've beat this game 5 times on Game cube, and twice on Wii. And I'm still playing and loving it. In my opinion, this game is not just great, it's the greatest game ever made. If RE5 delivers as this one did, I will buy a 360 just for that. Expand
  36. IanG.
    Aug 9, 2007
    The version rolled out for the Wii platform is simply how it was meant to be, the controls are slick and accurate. the game is very intense and when i eventually completed it i simply and instantly started it all over again, one of the best games i have ever played.
  37. godwentpunk
    Jan 25, 2008
    Awesome game. I've never played any of the RE series but this one game is great. Cool weapons, great story line. Game allows you to save at some key points but also does a check-point so that if you die, you don't always need to start back where you saved the game. highly recommended.
  38. AlexH.
    Jun 29, 2008
    One of my favorite titles on the wii. It takes the amazing game from the gamecube, adds the extras from the PS2 and uses the Wii controls to make it even better controlled than ever. After playing it on all three consoles, this version is by far my favorite. It is extremely satisfying in game play and story. This is one title every wii owner should own.
  39. Kelly
    Jul 19, 2008
    I thought this game was the greatest of the RE series. It had much better graphics and it being on the Wii made it much easier to aim. Unlike the rest of the RE series, you dont need any ink ribbon to save, which makes things a lot easier. You are also able to upgrade your guns. I'm glad that in RE4 you dont have to go back to the same place over and over again. With the rest of the I thought this game was the greatest of the RE series. It had much better graphics and it being on the Wii made it much easier to aim. Unlike the rest of the RE series, you dont need any ink ribbon to save, which makes things a lot easier. You are also able to upgrade your guns. I'm glad that in RE4 you dont have to go back to the same place over and over again. With the rest of the RE series, you have to go back into the same rooms multiple times, which gets very frustrating. All in all, this game is one of the best games on the Wii and one of the best games period!! Expand
  40. LeonK.
    Aug 6, 2008
    The ultimate edition. Easily the best one to get. The controls are so much more precise and makes aiming so much quicker. I cannot understand Eurogamer's review and how they say the wii controls makes it more imprecise....uh wtf?? As soon as I played it, the controls felt completely natural compared to the GC version. It truly is the best version to get. Did Eurogamer even play the The ultimate edition. Easily the best one to get. The controls are so much more precise and makes aiming so much quicker. I cannot understand Eurogamer's review and how they say the wii controls makes it more imprecise....uh wtf?? As soon as I played it, the controls felt completely natural compared to the GC version. It truly is the best version to get. Did Eurogamer even play the original version?! How is using the joystick quicker to aim than the wiimote?!? Are they stupid or something. As has been said, the controls feel as if they were always intended to be played this way. Even if you've played the game to death before, you can't pass up the wii controls which really do make the experience much more fun and fast paced. Classic. Expand
  41. Johnd
    Jan 6, 2009
    Hands down the best game I've played on the Wii console yet. This is my first time playing any resident evil title and from what I understand it is the best in the series to date. I'm not even a fan of the horror genre but this is a phenomenal game, a must have!
  42. JimmyT
    Mar 21, 2009
    Best Resident Evil game ever. I wasn't too hooked up on an RE games in the past because the gameplay was just whack and unnatural. But this was so godly, it puts the other games to shame. It's good to see that the interface has carried on to RE5, but RE5 still cannot compare to this game.
  43. LukeD
    Sep 21, 2009
    This was one of the bes ever games I have played when it was on the Gamecube, now enter the Wii version, and it plays like a gem. Dissmiss what Jeff V has to say, and give it a go. The lack of movement while shooting helps create the sense of excitement that this game thrives in. And with the wii pointer to target now, aiming at enemies is a breeze(as apposed to analogue stick aiming, I This was one of the bes ever games I have played when it was on the Gamecube, now enter the Wii version, and it plays like a gem. Dissmiss what Jeff V has to say, and give it a go. The lack of movement while shooting helps create the sense of excitement that this game thrives in. And with the wii pointer to target now, aiming at enemies is a breeze(as apposed to analogue stick aiming, I dont know how people can still play FPS on the 360 and PS3, but thats another matter). There is quite a lengthy story to keep you going, and with different enemies and locales, this game never get boring. When you finish, you wil play through again. Ps- please avoid the pc port of Resident Evil 4, sticj to the Wii or gamecube versions. Expand
  44. BradS
    Jan 11, 2010
    Very scary. When i first played this, I was extremly cautious. This game is fun, and makes you want to play until finished.
  45. Daz
    Dec 27, 2007
    I really wondered if this game could be THAT good. well it is! I normally get bored with a game after a few hours but not this one. I have spent the last few days thinking how they could make it better - what was a negative point about the game. And all i could come up with was that the first village is quite a difficult step in the game after only about 10 minutes played. i nearly gave I really wondered if this game could be THAT good. well it is! I normally get bored with a game after a few hours but not this one. I have spent the last few days thinking how they could make it better - what was a negative point about the game. And all i could come up with was that the first village is quite a difficult step in the game after only about 10 minutes played. i nearly gave up at that point as it was tricky getting by it. If you think you might like thsi game then please do buy it as you WILL like it . i've been playng games on and off since the 1980s and this is one of the finest ever. And yes it is much better on the wii than the gamecube/ps2. Expand
  46. HunterG.
    Jun 21, 2007
    An awsome game made better, I can not put it down and I typically can nver play a story based game more than once.
  47. JamesC.
    Jun 22, 2007
    What's with critics saying stuff about the lack of strafing and moving and shooting at the same time? This is a RE game. You know, a horror survival game. And it excels in the important categories of gameplay, replay value, graphics, sound, story, and, price. A near perfect game that Deserves a purchase, even if you own the GC version.
  48. KyleW.
    Jun 24, 2007
    RE4 Wii edition is a terrific game it was good two years ago at its release, and it hasnt lost any of its luster today. lets talk about the new control scheme very well put together. most wii FPS games have their glitches here and there but not RE4. its a terrific switch and works perfectly for the type of fast reaction game that RE4 is. The controls allow pin point accuracy pulling off RE4 Wii edition is a terrific game it was good two years ago at its release, and it hasnt lost any of its luster today. lets talk about the new control scheme very well put together. most wii FPS games have their glitches here and there but not RE4. its a terrific switch and works perfectly for the type of fast reaction game that RE4 is. The controls allow pin point accuracy pulling off headshots is eiseir than ever before. and if uve played any resident evil game you know headshots are very nessesary. lets talk graphics.the graphics are very good but they dont push the wii graphic capabilities to the limit. and with the release of HD gaming the graphics for RE4 may not be as good as some games for other platforms. However the graphics are still very good. even if they werent the storyline would still make anyone want the game. one last thing the nice thing is if you dont like the new control scheme just simply plug in a classic controller or GCN controller and play from there. -hope you found this reveiw helpful. Expand
  49. JoelT.
    Jul 16, 2007
    Gameplay is perfect, that can help us wait until Umbrella Chronicles !!!!
  50. MarcR.
    Jul 16, 2007
    This game is SWEET, as Peter from Family Guy would say. This is probably the first Wii game to really do the platform AND the controllers justice and is great stuff, it runs at a good pace, the difficulty ramps up evenly as you learn. The only gripes (and these really are minor things) are that you are too close to the main character as he walks around, so you can't see enough around This game is SWEET, as Peter from Family Guy would say. This is probably the first Wii game to really do the platform AND the controllers justice and is great stuff, it runs at a good pace, the difficulty ramps up evenly as you learn. The only gripes (and these really are minor things) are that you are too close to the main character as he walks around, so you can't see enough around him, and the landscapes are very confined, you can go up to an area you can see flat land, but an invisible wall blocks you, so it's not truely free roaming. But those really are miniscule issues compared to the rest of a great game. Expand
  51. BlakeD.
    Oct 31, 2008
    RE4 on the Gamecube was absolutely astounding compared to its competition on the console (which was slim to none). The PS2 version added more replay value, but this port really shines in comparison. Even if you own the Gamecube or PS2 version, you'll find it to be a good buy. The controls are far superior than the originals, the game looks great, and the extra replay value RE4 on the Gamecube was absolutely astounding compared to its competition on the console (which was slim to none). The PS2 version added more replay value, but this port really shines in comparison. Even if you own the Gamecube or PS2 version, you'll find it to be a good buy. The controls are far superior than the originals, the game looks great, and the extra replay value doesn't hurt. I ran through this game 6 times in a row when I finally got it on the Wii, even though I had the PS2 version before that. God bless (or damn) this game. Expand
  52. SamJ
    Apr 13, 2009
    Buy it It's brilliant in every way, I was constantly crapping myself in the 20+ hours story mode, the merchant is a legend amongst shopkeepers and you get some awesome extras after you're done saving Ashley.
  53. JonR.
    Dec 13, 2007
    I agree with what was said in one of those reviews of the game. the Wii version is everything the Gamecube version wanted to be. controls fine-tuned to perfection, with the ps2 extras thrown in for good measure. I've owned it since day one, and every other Wii owner out there should too.....unless they're like 6 years old or something.
  54. Aug 23, 2010
    Alongside a perfect amount of tension all the way through the game, Resident Evil captures the elements of suspense and fear, with only a few cheap shocks.Without a ridiculous amount of weapons, and several nasty surprises, we all can witness a game for the ages but now with precise Wii controls. Originally one of the best games ever, Resident Evil 4 can also add on of the best Wii gamesAlongside a perfect amount of tension all the way through the game, Resident Evil captures the elements of suspense and fear, with only a few cheap shocks.Without a ridiculous amount of weapons, and several nasty surprises, we all can witness a game for the ages but now with precise Wii controls. Originally one of the best games ever, Resident Evil 4 can also add on of the best Wii games to its trophy cabinet. Expand
  55. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  56. Mar 23, 2014
    Resident Evil 4 for Wii is the best game of the RE franchise. It has everything that a RE game needs, plus the precision and comfort of the Wii controller. Highly recommended to play only on the Wii system. No system ever will give you the satisfaction and pleasure the Wii version gives. I become speechless at how great the controller is suited for this game. After the Wii version I am notResident Evil 4 for Wii is the best game of the RE franchise. It has everything that a RE game needs, plus the precision and comfort of the Wii controller. Highly recommended to play only on the Wii system. No system ever will give you the satisfaction and pleasure the Wii version gives. I become speechless at how great the controller is suited for this game. After the Wii version I am not playing other RE games on other consoles. And trust me, I am not exagerating, after the Wii you too will understand how clumsy the regular controllers are. If you still haven't played it yet on Wii. Go get yourself a Wii and a copy of RE4 right now! Expand
  57. Jul 8, 2012
    When people used to ask me what my favorite game was I would always say Zelda Ocarina of Time. Now, I have to seriously decide how I'm feeling that day whether I say this or that.
  58. Apr 21, 2011
    This is exactly why I love Resident Evil. I loved it when Resident Evil stopped using a fixed camera, its even better in 3rd person. And now its even better, its very satisfying to be able to point and shoot. Hopefully the series will go back to this, scary and easy to control. The Wii version is the best version of RE4 by far, it includes everything from the PS2 and GameCube versions.This is exactly why I love Resident Evil. I loved it when Resident Evil stopped using a fixed camera, its even better in 3rd person. And now its even better, its very satisfying to be able to point and shoot. Hopefully the series will go back to this, scary and easy to control. The Wii version is the best version of RE4 by far, it includes everything from the PS2 and GameCube versions. It's a must buy. Expand
  59. May 12, 2011
    To me It's the Best of all the Resident Evil Games and the first to get everything right! Sure the Chainsaw Wielding Maniac is Scary but he doesn't scare me! Overall It is the Best game in the Resident Evil Genre!
  60. Jan 18, 2013
    As good as the Gamecube version but better with all modes being unlockable (Assignment Ada, Separate Ways, Mercenaries)... Also, the Wii controls make the game more fun and actually loosens the gameplay up for better control. I am not a huge fan of ports when the graphics aren't improved upon but in this case they added more content and different controls so the score stays the same for me
  61. Sep 10, 2011
    Would have to be my most played game ever. It has everything that I like in a game, being that it has a good story, big range of weapons, available upgrades, heaps of sell-able items, action and re-playability! It also beats the PS2/PC versions I reckon, with a better aiming system, motion sensed aiming and extra features. Yup
  62. Jul 19, 2013
    When I saw it in game store, I just thought 'Yes, another brutally Shooter." But, then I insert it in my Wii, and 'Wow', graphic, animations, setting and story are only awesome. I recommend this game for every person, who loves zombies or similary stuff.
  63. 4DI
    Nov 26, 2012
    Ultimate game with ultimate controls. With an ultimate widescreen mode, with the ultimate affordable price.
    Need I say more?
  64. Apr 4, 2013
    This one is far too good.

I looked at this when it first came out and it has nice graphics the enemies was smart enough to know your every move. This is what Resident Evil games should really look like and feel, Capcom has done a lot on this game that it's too good on any console! I like the controls for most part of this game but sadly it has been on other consoles too so you
    This one is far too good.

I like the controls for most part of this game but sadly it has been on other consoles too so you won't get much on this game as it's the same thing from the PS2 and Gamecube versions.
  65. May 27, 2013
    The best version of Resident Evil 4. The wii controls are really outstanding; the proof is that the game is easier than the gamecube version.
    In my opinion the best resident evil to date: it has the survival horror vibe but it's never boring because it's packed with action.
    If you have a Wii, you must have this game!
  66. Dec 24, 2013
    This is the best Resident Evil Game yet.
    This is better than the other platform versions of the game.
    A lot of thrills, twists, zombies and awesome Boss fights.
    The ultimate Survival Game..
  67. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is so awesome. long and hard, this game will last for months! you have to buy this game. get it for free on http://kickass.to/ i cant believe this game gets even one bad review!
  68. PaulT.
    Jan 10, 2008
    The only thing that would improve this game would be a multi-player element, other than that it's flawless.
  69. ZincA.
    Feb 10, 2008
    The programmers certainly should of included the higher difficulty setting in the main menu from the beginning instead of having to unlock it by beating the game. I died less than 20 times and 5 of those deaths were cheapies due to a quick movement needed during a cut scene when I was just watching the scene and hardly expecting any interactive movements by me needed... I MAY go back and The programmers certainly should of included the higher difficulty setting in the main menu from the beginning instead of having to unlock it by beating the game. I died less than 20 times and 5 of those deaths were cheapies due to a quick movement needed during a cut scene when I was just watching the scene and hardly expecting any interactive movements by me needed... I MAY go back and play the game on the higher setting but I just beat it and there is probably nothing new included except for more zombies to shoot and less ammo available, so... There are additional games to play once the game is beaten though... Those are pretty cool. I found the controls to be excellent. The game became quite addictive because of the game play and the story line was just awesome. When is RE 5 due out? I'll buy that one for sure because of the fun I had with RE4. If you haven't played a RE game since the '98 PS1 launch like me, this game will put a smile on your face for hours.... Or maybe allow of many "Oh sh*t" moments while playing- it gets pretty intense at times! Oh, and the lack of english spoken by the enemy is rather creepy sounding as well. Expand
  70. AxewhipeS.
    Nov 23, 2007
    If you never played this game before, then play the Wii version. I would recommend this version because it has everything the PS2 version has and more. It has the extra missions and clothing unlockables. I love the aim and shoot of the Wii version. If you don't like the controls than you can always use the Gamecube or other controllers. If you never played it or played it and want to If you never played this game before, then play the Wii version. I would recommend this version because it has everything the PS2 version has and more. It has the extra missions and clothing unlockables. I love the aim and shoot of the Wii version. If you don't like the controls than you can always use the Gamecube or other controllers. If you never played it or played it and want to use the new controls go ahead, This is the best resident evil 4 yet. Expand
  71. P.M.
    Jul 4, 2007
    The game is pretty solid and well worth the cost. Its one of maybe 3 wii games that are must haves. Im not sure if you should buy it if you've already played it on another system but if your bored with the lack of good wii games out now its definately worth a buy. They incorporate the wii remote in a few cool ways like using the knife but i would have liked to see it used more.
  72. JoshB.
    Aug 14, 2007
    This game made me realize how awesome FPS's will be on wii.
  73. SimonG.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Usually, stuff like "definitive version" or "ultimate edition" are often just marketing gimmick that are meant to catch people into buying crappy product. In this case, it goes way past and beyond that. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is more than just a definitive ultimate version. It simply feels like the game was meant to be on the Wii. I've own both the GameCube and PS2 version and Usually, stuff like "definitive version" or "ultimate edition" are often just marketing gimmick that are meant to catch people into buying crappy product. In this case, it goes way past and beyond that. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is more than just a definitive ultimate version. It simply feels like the game was meant to be on the Wii. I've own both the GameCube and PS2 version and no matter how much I loved it, I never finished it. I felt like the shooting was too slow and often frustrating. The Wii version came and solved that with success. Along with "Twilight Princess" and "Prime Corruption", RE4 is an absolute most buy. Expand
  74. MiltonM.
    Aug 7, 2007
    This is the first Re game that I have played and it was sweet the controls are almost flawles , the graphics are some of the best in the Wii , the character voice overs are great , this game is the second best game for Wii ...for now. I give it a solid -9.5.
  75. KevinJ
    Jan 12, 2009
    this was the 3rd game I have owned and I just love it. It took me 32 of game play to beat on normal plus when you do beat you get 3 bonus games. The storyline was different than that of other Resident Evil games but still great and scary at times. Play this game! You will love it if you like the Resident Evil series at all!
  76. PaulD.
    Dec 11, 2007
    The best possible version of RE4 that one can get. It has all the bonus features of the PS2 version with the slightly sleeker GameCubes graphics. I played through Seperate Ways just so I could get the Chicago typewriter and beat the game all over again with style! It doesn't get a 10 because the game is a two year old port, but a damn good one nonetheless.
  77. CarmanT.
    Oct 3, 2007
    It is very the same as in the versions of GC, PS2, and PC but the Wii version just got better because it took with the Wii-mote content like knife mode or maybe just shake off your player to get free. It will concern to be as the same but still a great Wii-make game of RE fans
  78. RupertA.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Incredible! Being a veteran of FPS (First Person Shooter) games (Half-life 2, quake, doom, etc) and somehow having never played a Resident Evil game before, this game comes as a total pleasure. Unlike your standard FPS (shoot, walk, shoot, walk, hide, shoot), RE4 demands unique playing strategies. Enemies are fast, very scary, and come at you in huge numbers. As you realize you can't Incredible! Being a veteran of FPS (First Person Shooter) games (Half-life 2, quake, doom, etc) and somehow having never played a Resident Evil game before, this game comes as a total pleasure. Unlike your standard FPS (shoot, walk, shoot, walk, hide, shoot), RE4 demands unique playing strategies. Enemies are fast, very scary, and come at you in huge numbers. As you realize you can't fend them all of with your wimpy pistol, you run from house to house, escaping through windows and climbing up ladders, desperately searching for a way to outsmart them. I found the game surprisingly difficult until I started to think more strategically about the game environments. Unlike many FPS games, the scarcity of ammo in RE4 is not terribly frustrating. That's where melee attacks come in: kniving downed enemies helps conserve ammo and head-busting kicks come in a variety of juicy flavours. Gameplay is very immersive and flows seamlessly with the well-written and very well acted storyline. My only compaint is the lack of a strafe ability, and that you can't walk and shoot at the same time. This makes fighting in confined spaces very difficult at first. This is a MUST HAVE game for Wii owners and fans of the genre. Expand
  79. Aaron
    Jul 26, 2007
    This game is great. I'm having a blast. The only things lacking aremoving while you shoot and sliding sideways. If these were added it would be perfect!
  80. MOus
    Aug 25, 2007
    Let me ask you this. If an intruder comes into your house and attacks you, would you shoot him with a gun, or would you shoot him with a gun you control using an analog stick? I would choose the former if I wanted to live. Once you've played a shooter with the Wiimote, there's no going back. Too bad you have to return to the analog stick to play the next-gen FPS like Bioshock, Let me ask you this. If an intruder comes into your house and attacks you, would you shoot him with a gun, or would you shoot him with a gun you control using an analog stick? I would choose the former if I wanted to live. Once you've played a shooter with the Wiimote, there's no going back. Too bad you have to return to the analog stick to play the next-gen FPS like Bioshock, GTA, Gears of War. I can't wait for Metroid 3 though. I gave the PS2 version a 7. In retrospect, I would give it a 1. It's that dramatic a difference. Expand
  81. AndyK.
    Jul 23, 2008
    Awesome game and easily the best in the Resi series, whicch is some accolade considering how good the first three were. the story line is enthralling and the use of the Wii remote is ingenious and adds immensly to the experience, hats off to capcom for being a developer to fully utilise the potential of the Wii-mote. The game itself offers about 15 hours of play but the unlockable extras Awesome game and easily the best in the Resi series, whicch is some accolade considering how good the first three were. the story line is enthralling and the use of the Wii remote is ingenious and adds immensly to the experience, hats off to capcom for being a developer to fully utilise the potential of the Wii-mote. The game itself offers about 15 hours of play but the unlockable extras will keep you coming back for more. Expand
  82. DakotaG.
    Sep 23, 2007
    This is the best game that i have ever played. I havent played it on gamecube but i imagine wii version is way better because of the wii remote. the graphics are awesome and the controles are easy to learn. ive beat it 3 times and am still having a blast.
  83. SpecialC
    Feb 21, 2008
    I was not a fan of the RE series but gave this game a try because of the praise of it's iterations on the older consoles and the $30 price. This is the most fun I have had so far on the Wii. Highly recommended! Control is perfect. A must buy.
  84. ClothFar
    Dec 27, 2009
    The controls are great and the game is very good. It uses some shooter features but maintain the essence of Resident Evil. This remake it's better than the original and It's a 'must have'.
  85. May 23, 2011
    I originally had the Gamecube version but really disliked playing a shooter with a controller (main reason I haven't finished Metroid Prime). I didn't get too far so when the the Wii version came out I exchanged it at my local GameStop. For me it was a HUGE difference, the controls were much more intuitive and I was completely addicted to the game! The graphics were great, the controlsI originally had the Gamecube version but really disliked playing a shooter with a controller (main reason I haven't finished Metroid Prime). I didn't get too far so when the the Wii version came out I exchanged it at my local GameStop. For me it was a HUGE difference, the controls were much more intuitive and I was completely addicted to the game! The graphics were great, the controls were awesome, the story is intriguing and the bosses are intense. If you end up liking RE4 I suggest you checkout RE5 on PC/PS3/Xbox 360 also and definitely play it with a friend! Expand
  86. Dec 9, 2011
    I don't care what anyone says - I love this game. I understand it's not like the other Resident Evil games, but you have to take it for what it is and not what you expected it to be. The weapons are all interesting and varied, and even the weapons that become outclassed in the short run are arguably superior in the long run once you unlock the weapon's "exclusive" ability. This, inI don't care what anyone says - I love this game. I understand it's not like the other Resident Evil games, but you have to take it for what it is and not what you expected it to be. The weapons are all interesting and varied, and even the weapons that become outclassed in the short run are arguably superior in the long run once you unlock the weapon's "exclusive" ability. This, in relevance to having limited case size is what forces the player to make interesting decisions as to what weapons they will keep. I love the difficulty level of this game. It's not easy, but it's not frustratingly hard. I'll be playing through this game at least once a year for years and years to come. Expand
  87. Jan 9, 2012
    The game is great. It's scary and full of action. The anger that grows in the player when talking with the main villains make the game more realistic and enjoyable. Despite I not being a fan of FPS, RE4 is the best one-player FPS out there.
  88. Jun 28, 2012
    This is everything the PS2 version offers, but with the visual quality of the gamecube version. The wii version is a slight improvement over the cube version on a graphic stand point. The motion controls almost make this version too easy. However, they work and are very fun.
  89. Jun 5, 2013
    Probably the best survival horror game i've ever played and also one of the best game for the Wii. The gameplay is great and holding the wii remote as a gun is definetly an improvement to the experience. The game also has a pretty good story. The only complaint I have about the game was that some of the boss fights where to easy, however it's only a minor issue to the overall gameProbably the best survival horror game i've ever played and also one of the best game for the Wii. The gameplay is great and holding the wii remote as a gun is definetly an improvement to the experience. The game also has a pretty good story. The only complaint I have about the game was that some of the boss fights where to easy, however it's only a minor issue to the overall game experience. I'd definetly recommend this to anyone who likes horror games and maybe even to those that doesn't. Expand
  90. Oct 27, 2012
    Resident Evil 4 (no matter what console you play on) is a fantastic game. Graphics were pretty good and it was a very fun game. Mercenaries gave me incentive to beat everything and five star everything and the story was a fun ride. The Wii version is a great way to control the action, because aiming the Wii remote to someone's head never felt so good. People complain that you can't moveResident Evil 4 (no matter what console you play on) is a fantastic game. Graphics were pretty good and it was a very fun game. Mercenaries gave me incentive to beat everything and five star everything and the story was a fun ride. The Wii version is a great way to control the action, because aiming the Wii remote to someone's head never felt so good. People complain that you can't move while you shoot, and give the stupidest score for that reason. I say it adds to the tension so that you don't have your sights aimed at all times so you can fire a few shots and get out before the enemies get to you. I still find this game better than RE5 or RE6. Fantastic on whatever platform of choice. Expand
  91. May 19, 2013
    A great game. I recommend it to people who want a really good third person action game. Apart from Revelations, it was the last great resident evil game.
  92. Apr 20, 2014
    many people consider this one of the greatest survival horror games of all time, and I would have to disagree. It is scary at times and has a tense atmosphere throughout the game, but I found previous games in the series such as resident evil 2 better horror games since they simply scared me more. but with that being said, it is still a respectable survival horror game but its strengthsmany people consider this one of the greatest survival horror games of all time, and I would have to disagree. It is scary at times and has a tense atmosphere throughout the game, but I found previous games in the series such as resident evil 2 better horror games since they simply scared me more. but with that being said, it is still a respectable survival horror game but its strengths lie more in the gameplay and mechanics. the controls feel great and making a headshot in a game has never felt more satisfying. the settings in the game look great and are very memorable, such as the village in the beginning of the game. as far as games go, this one is nearly flawless, I'm sure people prefer the gamecube or playstation 2 version better because of the controller and what not and Ashley is one of the most annoying NPC is video game history, but besides that, this game is pure gold, just wish it could have been a bit scarier. The regenerators were pretty terrifying though Expand
  93. Apr 4, 2015
    A shining example of game design, seriously if you any of you reading are young developers just play and learn, the pace is neither boring nor exhausting takes you from familiar situations to new ones without any difficulty, every time you think you've seen all that the game has to offer it surprises you (and this is true until the very end).
    Now let's talk more precisely about this Wii
    Now let's talk more precisely about this Wii version, the controls works just fine (I wouldn't say they are better, it all depends on your gaming habits, but the game was originally design for classic controller and you'll not suffer at all by playing it on another system), the graphics didn't improved from the original release and that's a bit of a shame (the HD versions exist by now so if you're looking for better graphics don't pick the Wii version), but the most important thing on Wii is to do the controls right and they succeeded it, so good port.
    Finally the two minors negative points : the story is poorly written ( with all those bad jokes make by Leon) and should have been more stressful and engaging. And looking back at time now that we are in 2015, it is the first step to the end of Resident Evil, for the 5 and 6 they just added more and more action , to take away all the fear (there is some in the 4 but way less than the first ones).
    Ideally I would have mark this game with a 9.5, so I lowered it to 9 as it is not perfect and tens are reserved for games that have no negative points.
  94. JackF.
    Jul 9, 2008
    Makes fantastic use of the Wii controller, is lots of fun to play and has plenty of replay value. What stopped this from being a 10 is the god awful graphics. Even though it's a direct port of the GCN , one would think they could've made it look just a little better...
  95. GeorgeY.
    Jul 18, 2007
    My first system in over 10 years. My third Wii game purchase, and a great one. Haven't finished it yet but so far, I'm enjoying it.
  96. Jun 27, 2011
    Movement is slow and clunky, and character is unable to strafe. Boat sections in particular are very frustrating to try navigating. Much of the game is an annoying escort mission. Enemies are "zombie-like," meaning they're very slow and have poor pathfinding. Voice acting is sub-par and the dialogue very bland. Controls are unintuitive and I would have liked more musical and atmosphereMovement is slow and clunky, and character is unable to strafe. Boat sections in particular are very frustrating to try navigating. Much of the game is an annoying escort mission. Enemies are "zombie-like," meaning they're very slow and have poor pathfinding. Voice acting is sub-par and the dialogue very bland. Controls are unintuitive and I would have liked more musical and atmosphere variety. With the bad out of the way, the boss fights are very impressive, unique, and fun. Being able to "combine" items in inventory usually means you need to use moon logic or click every single item on another - but RE:4 handles it very well. Enemies are well-varied and surprising. Puzzles are challenging enough to be enjoyable but not too much to become frustrating. Balance and pacing are solid -- unlike many in its genre, it does not draw out gameplay by making you walk around aimlessly for 30m+. Devs create tension very successfully though the game cannot touch the ankles of games like those by Frictional in creating an atmosphere of dread. Still, the game is a fun shooter with plenty of gameplay variety, very worthy of a play. Expand
  97. May 5, 2013
    Come one guys this is just a copy over from the PS2 version just on the Wii now don't add new things to this game at all so Capcom what is the point of this?

Anyway I think the game can be so easy if you shoot a guy in face or leg he be stunned enough for you to attack him a special move that's the point I hate because like Dr Salvador who is quite hard when shot in face but these guys are easy if only they was hard too then I would accpet it.

I am sorry but most the time you will be shooting them in the face and doing special moves a lot in this game. It's has some decent puzzles like when you had to find all these 5 bits for a wall then you can leave the place a nice RE game only copyed over it is nice to use the wii remote and stuff or you can use the controller too which I find helpful to, all in all tihs game is grand outing for re fans.
  98. Alex
    Jul 25, 2007
    I've never liked Resident Evil. in my opinion, its the number one series that Capcom should just kill and never speak of again. between the awful controls, horrible camera, boring graphics, terrible voice acting, and downright slow gameplay, Resident Evil is one of the series i hate the most. however, Resident Evil 4 is good. almost good enough to redem the enitre franchise. almost. I've never liked Resident Evil. in my opinion, its the number one series that Capcom should just kill and never speak of again. between the awful controls, horrible camera, boring graphics, terrible voice acting, and downright slow gameplay, Resident Evil is one of the series i hate the most. however, Resident Evil 4 is good. almost good enough to redem the enitre franchise. almost. there have been a number of improvements in this title. better controls (especially on the Wii Edition), decent graphics, a tolerable camera, likeable voice acting, and surprisingly good pacing make this the first Resident Evil title i'm proud to say i've played. but, in my opinion, there isn't really anything good enough about RE4 to call it the stand-out title of the new millenium. yes, it is the best game in the RE franchise, but that doesn't necesarrily mean its the best game i've ever played. its good enough to keep me hooked and liking it, but not good enough to make me terribly excited for RE5. and why is it still imposible to move AND shoot at the same time? is it really that difficult to make happen? Overall, 7.5 out of 10. Expand
  99. Dec 16, 2012
    Good game. It is nothing compared to the old REs, but it's still good. Nice graphics, gameplay and plot. Recommended only if you like Resident Evil very much, but you don't care about its big gameplay change.
  100. JeffV
    Feb 27, 2009
    While most people will say the controls have made this game even better, I can only wonder how bad the game originally was... It is a 3rd person shooting game where you can't strafe, and you can't move while you shoot. While I'm sure fans of the series will say 'it is not a shooting game' those that haven't followed the series to the point will find the game While most people will say the controls have made this game even better, I can only wonder how bad the game originally was... It is a 3rd person shooting game where you can't strafe, and you can't move while you shoot. While I'm sure fans of the series will say 'it is not a shooting game' those that haven't followed the series to the point will find the game annoying to play and are better off picking up just about any other 3rd person game other than this one. This game would not have even been looked at twice if it didn't have RE in the title. Collapse

1. Though they suffer a bit when things get hectic, the Wii-mote-enabled controls generally serve RE4 well: Aiming weapons, swiping your knife, and shaking off face-sucking nasties with real-world moves adds urgency to an already incredibly intense experience. [July 2007, p.82]
  2. It has the looks, it has the compelling level design, and it has the scary bits. Check, then: this is Resident Evil 4 all over again, but slightly better.
  3. The most intense gaming experience on the Wii...It will consume you. [July 2007, p.80]