7.7

1. Nov 16, 2014
    If you are into the Resident Evil series and want to have a quick cap of it, this is the game for you! If you are a new Resident Evil gamer that started later in the series, this is the game you need to get you up to speed with the story. If you like Arcade style-Point and Shoot kinda games, this is the game for you. Great co-op gameplay where anyone can pick up and join the fight!If you are into the Resident Evil series and want to have a quick cap of it, this is the game for you! If you are a new Resident Evil gamer that started later in the series, this is the game you need to get you up to speed with the story. If you like Arcade style-Point and Shoot kinda games, this is the game for you. Great co-op gameplay where anyone can pick up and join the fight! Some fights do get annoying tho.

-Game_Row

Check out gameplay on my YouTube channel.
  2. AlexM.
    Jan 18, 2008
    This game is a has surprising depth to it. The game is challenging, intense, and pretty quick paced. The Wii Zapper peripheral feels amazingly natural, as you shoot your way through 3 Resident Evil stories, not including the background missions. This well made title by Capcom, gives fans another look at the history of Resident Evil. While it may not be a must buy, it is still a solid This game is a has surprising depth to it. The game is challenging, intense, and pretty quick paced. The Wii Zapper peripheral feels amazingly natural, as you shoot your way through 3 Resident Evil stories, not including the background missions. This well made title by Capcom, gives fans another look at the history of Resident Evil. While it may not be a must buy, it is still a solid title which packs intense enjoyment onto its disc. Expand
  3. JoshP
    Mar 2, 2009
    First of all I have to say that I am biased as I am a very big RE fan. I knew it was a rail-shooter so I wasn't expecting a lot of depth. But in all fairness for a rail shooter it does a good job at adding plenty of unlockables and upgradable weapons and very addicting co-op. This is not a major title. To me this is like the equivalent to mario kart or mario party. Its not really a First of all I have to say that I am biased as I am a very big RE fan. I knew it was a rail-shooter so I wasn't expecting a lot of depth. But in all fairness for a rail shooter it does a good job at adding plenty of unlockables and upgradable weapons and very addicting co-op. This is not a major title. To me this is like the equivalent to mario kart or mario party. Its not really a game in the main series. It is however something that is entertaining alone and very enjoyable with another person. If you like on-rail shooters I am sure you will enjoy this. If you hate on-rail shooters..... obviously this is going to be a game where you wished you were one of the zombies with a bullet in its head. Expand
  4. StaceyG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This is a game made for the fans that is easy for casual gamers to pick up and play, while still having a ton of replay value for hardcore gamers and genre buffs. Umbrella Chronicles has it's flaws but they are all minor and nobody but nitpickers will find any. Besides, they will be too busy enjoying themselves to bother looking.
  5. TylerL.
    Dec 20, 2007
    Not as good as a main game, but as a walkthrough to history? Oh yes! This is a great on rails shooter game that combines house of the dead gameplay and Resident Evi story. I would say this, if you are a massive fan of Resident Evil, buy this game. It is a superb game.
  6. TommyJ.
    Dec 7, 2007
    It is fantastic, the controls are nice and the graphics are superb. This game is fantastic and it is a reborn to the dying genre of on-rails arcade shooters.
  7. KevinW.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Alright, I understand why some people don't enjoy scroll / rail shooters. However, this is the best rail shooter that I have ever played. First, it isn't the typical short rail shooter with a play time of over six hours and more than likely around 15 + hours to completely finish it. If you don't like rail games then this more than likely isn't for you. However, if you Alright, I understand why some people don't enjoy scroll / rail shooters. However, this is the best rail shooter that I have ever played. First, it isn't the typical short rail shooter with a play time of over six hours and more than likely around 15 + hours to completely finish it. If you don't like rail games then this more than likely isn't for you. However, if you have enjoyed rail games in the past then they don't get any better than this one. BTW, when I played this game there were five of us taking turns and all five LOVED this game. Thanks and enjoy a GREAT rail shooter. Expand
  8. davidg.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Resident for wii it is the best rail game to play with the wii zapper.It includes areas from resident 1 , 2 , 3 and it is fantastic game.The best thing of this game is the sounds effects it all amazing so resident evil it is an excellent game.
  9. AlbertW.
    Aug 17, 2008
    As a huge RE fan, despite not a traditional RE game, RE:UC still delivers a lot of fun and also background into Wesker and Umbrella. I finished the game after 13 hours of playing. For an onrail shooter it's actually quite a long game with over 20 levels. As an RE fan though, what I liked was the fact that this game basically fills in all the gaps found inbetween all the other games As a huge RE fan, despite not a traditional RE game, RE:UC still delivers a lot of fun and also background into Wesker and Umbrella. I finished the game after 13 hours of playing. For an onrail shooter it's actually quite a long game with over 20 levels. As an RE fan though, what I liked was the fact that this game basically fills in all the gaps found inbetween all the other games and provides you with more background info on Wesker and Umbrella. I won't spoil it but there were some unexpected characters that you played as which was pretty cool. The one thing I didn't like was the voice acting. This is because nearly all the voice actors were different to previous games and because of this, some of the new voice actors sound like completely different characters...e.g. Chris sounds like Leon, Billy doesn't sound like Billy AT ALL, Rebecca sounds like a 10yr old girl and less confident and Wesker while a pretty good imitation of of Richard Waugh, at the end of the day isn't Richard Waugh which is a shame. Overall though it's great fun while it lasts. If you've never played an RE game before though, I think this game is actually not doing you any good because it essentially covers the main events in each game of the series.....which can kind of spoil it if you decide to pick up the other games later on. Expand
  10. ZacN.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Great game for RE fans. Graphics are good for the Wii. Voice acting is cheesy, but I wouldn't've wanted it any other way. Co-op gives it legs (co-op is awesome!). Might be short, but side stories make up for it. Well-deserving of any RE fan's money!
  11. JerryH.
    Nov 21, 2007
    This game is very good for it's genre. It offers more than decent gameplay plus a great storyline. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It was a great buy and a great addition to the RE franchise.
  12. MikeG.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Awesome game. ppl complained about the controls of all the other re games, so capcom took out almost all of the analog movements. i love that ammo isn't scarce this time,(for a good shooter) however, some of the files are hard to find. RE2 is in the game-(raccoon city with zombies) and i believe that RE4 is almost a completely different story altogether. I do agree, RE;CV should have Awesome game. ppl complained about the controls of all the other re games, so capcom took out almost all of the analog movements. i love that ammo isn't scarce this time,(for a good shooter) however, some of the files are hard to find. RE2 is in the game-(raccoon city with zombies) and i believe that RE4 is almost a completely different story altogether. I do agree, RE;CV should have been included (paris, artic). Resident Evil in my opinion has the BEST story/plot and characters of any video game. Now i need to find RE 0 since i can now play it on wii Expand
  13. BradK.
    Jan 22, 2008
    After 6 hours playing this game, i'm still only in the 2/3 chapter of 4... i was shocked at the amount of content and re-playability this game has to offer! Although i didn't like playing it for more then 1-2 hours at a time, i find myself coming back to it every day, and replaying levels over and over to get perfect scores, and weapon upgrades (i'm glad they left weapon After 6 hours playing this game, i'm still only in the 2/3 chapter of 4... i was shocked at the amount of content and re-playability this game has to offer! Although i didn't like playing it for more then 1-2 hours at a time, i find myself coming back to it every day, and replaying levels over and over to get perfect scores, and weapon upgrades (i'm glad they left weapon upgrades in!). I would DEFINITELY recommend this game to anyone that has ever enjoyed a light gun game, but if you like REs Evil but not light gun games, you may come up disappointed... i've always found a certain level of strategy in light gun games due to not being able to simply run away, you have to plan events and think quickly. This game is DEFINITELY like that... single player can get quite intense and difficult (especially on hard) and Co-op is a really fun way to enjoy reliving the Resident Evil time line. Expand
  14. PabloR.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Wow. This game even though it's not very difficult.. it's insanely fun. Sometimes you dont want to have to Restart more then 5 times. This game has insane graphics, good guns, and more then awesome Original characters. Grab it, screw Halo.
  15. LinZ.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Nice game,content is full enough,a little bit hard,but is worthy of challenge,and that doesn't make any sence.
  16. WesS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    A really fun game, especially if you a huge resident evil fan! It's fun to see all those great moments you remember! And alot of fun to play through them again! I wish they had included re 2,4 and CV to make the game longer.
  17. LauraP.
    Nov 22, 2007
    I totally love this game. This game plays like a homage to the other games in the series. the cheesy B-movie type voice acting is intact (luv it) and includes most of the important characters from the franchise. The gameplay is more action oriented than the previous games (except RE4) but it's not as fast as most onrails shooters. It also last about 6-15 hours to beat. I gotta I totally love this game. This game plays like a homage to the other games in the series. the cheesy B-movie type voice acting is intact (luv it) and includes most of the important characters from the franchise. The gameplay is more action oriented than the previous games (except RE4) but it's not as fast as most onrails shooters. It also last about 6-15 hours to beat. I gotta recommend it to any RE fan or even if you're not a fan, you'll have a lot of fun with this one. Expand

1. A superb entry in the genre with a ton of great missions and reasons to play again and again. Anyone that enjoys the macabre, or going nose-to-nose with zombies should check it out. Fans will absolutely love it as it's basically a love letter from Capcom to them.
    The Umbrella Chronicles does a lot of things right. It combines the atmospheric charm of the ResEvil series with awesome light-gun gameplay, then throws in a wealth of bonus material to unlock and discover. It's the perfect way to prepare yourself for the upcoming "Resident Evil 5."
    While Umbrella Chronicles doesn't accomplish much of note besides solidifying the Resident Evil story thus far, it provides plenty of point-and-pull-the-trigger satisfaction for your buck (especially with a friend in tow).