Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis Wii

5.8

1. WiiT.
    Nov 4, 2007
    How dissapointing.Not nearly as much fun as tennis on wii sports. Graphics are appalling, it takes ages to load, and the gameplay is diabolical. The ball goes nowhere near where you are aiming-it's so frustrating i nearly threw my wiimote at the TV! It's so shallow. Games like this make me want to sell my wii and get an xbox.
  2. NoelS.
    Jan 5, 2008
    I think this is the most fun game I've ever played on any system. The controls took a big of getting used to, and the load times were non-existent for me, so I have no idea why so many people complain about it. It's an intense game that gives me quite a workout, and while challenging, it always puts a smile on my face. It's no Mario Galaxy, but it's still a winner in my book.
  3. DanielR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I bought this game about 5 hours ago......took it back to the shop after 1 hour of playing it Pro's A port of a good 360 game Con's It feels really clunky with the wiimote You can't react fast enough 90% of the time The graphics are terrible ( not that they matter ) Full price for a half assed port 0/10 i know that's harsh in some respects but the game promised so I bought this game about 5 hours ago......took it back to the shop after 1 hour of playing it Pro's A port of a good 360 game Con's It feels really clunky with the wiimote You can't react fast enough 90% of the time The graphics are terrible ( not that they matter ) Full price for a half assed port 0/10 i know that's harsh in some respects but the game promised so much....but delivered too little. Expand
  4. R.S.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Horribly awful controls. The ball does not go where you intend it to, and the responsiveness to the wii remote is extremely poorly designed. Why can't companies spend a little more time on making games realistic? I had high hopes for this game, but it poorly delivered. There are only two options for playing the stupid game. This game had high potential, but Rockstar completely blew it.
  5. AliC.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Oh the dissapointment. I give this a big 0 as it kept me entertained for appoximately 5 minutes (ie. while i waited for it to load), it's clunky, unresponsive and ugly. What a waste of £30, take my advice and wait for some decent games like 'we love golf' to come out or better yet by a quality game like metroid prime corruption or zelda TP.
  6. S.P.
    May 2, 2008
    Awful. I still regret the spontaneous move of grabbing it when I saw it in the shop. Wiimote + table tannis + Rockstar - it should be great.

Well, it isn't. The load times are long but I can live with them. But the control are horrible and have no relation to the on screen action. The point of the Wiimote is to mimick a realistick move, not assign butto presses to random gestures. Apart from the poor model, the delay between the move and the on screen action ruin what's left of the gameplay.

The worst Wii purchase I've ever done.
  7. Matt
    Oct 20, 2007
    This has been the best sport game i have played on wii!!! At first the controls might be weird to handle but after u master and understand how it works, u will love this game!!! It is so addicting and rewarding when u beat ur frds!!!
  8. StevieJ
    Mar 23, 2008
    Totally awesome game - especially against another human player. We have been playing it 24 hours solid and are risking RSI ! The controls take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of focus mode, the game transforms itself into a contest that you cannot put down.
  9. RicardoG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I was really looking forward to this so I feel very disappointed with what I got. first up, load times are disgracefully long,second there is a distinct lack of synchronisation between actions with the wii remote and actions of the character. Third are the graphics which, as the load times are so long I thought may be high end, but no, average at best. it could have been done on a game I was really looking forward to this so I feel very disappointed with what I got. first up, load times are disgracefully long,second there is a distinct lack of synchronisation between actions with the wii remote and actions of the character. Third are the graphics which, as the load times are so long I thought may be high end, but no, average at best. it could have been done on a game cube. Fourth was that the reviews praised the multiplayer and said that it was worth getting for this. Well, for me multiplayer made me feel like an idiot, standing up waiting for the game to load. To sum up I feel that port games for the wii have only brought mediocrity, whether its lazy coding or poor gameplay design. Please, please please give us some proper games built from the ground up for the Wii, don't try to rip us off with a quick fix to your programming problems. By the way exchanged it for Zelda phantom hourglass on the DS, now there's a game that kicks a*s. Expand
  10. JebR.
    Jan 24, 2008
    This is the most fun I have had with a Wii game. If you are into RPG games and sitting by yourself than this game is not for you! If you enjoy having buddies over, drinking beer and trashing talking, then THIS is the game. This game should be within the Top 10 list.
  11. Aug 6, 2013
    I know everyone was expecting a violent and gruesome game filled with profanity and sexual acts, but at the time, Rockstar was getting in trouble because people were finding extremely inappropriate sexual mini games in Grand Theft Auto 3. So in the next game Rockstar was going to make. Everyone was ready for more mature content, though Rockstar surprised everyone with a very mellow gameI know everyone was expecting a violent and gruesome game filled with profanity and sexual acts, but at the time, Rockstar was getting in trouble because people were finding extremely inappropriate sexual mini games in Grand Theft Auto 3. So in the next game Rockstar was going to make. Everyone was ready for more mature content, though Rockstar surprised everyone with a very mellow game that came out for the Wii console. If you look at it compared to other table tennis games, it is quite good. Expand

#54 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#38 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. It boldly straddles the line between pick-up-and-play and hardcore simulation in a way that's nothing short of refreshing on a system that's currently caught under an avalanche of mind numbingly simplistic "casual" games.
    The real deal, tons of fun to play, and wonderfully simplistic. The game could have used an overhaul, and if Rosktar decides to keep the series alive it could use more options and far more content – a career mode and mini-games are nowhere to be seen – but as it stands it’s still just as strong of a game now as it was a year ago.
  3. From a Wii-friendly point-of-view, Table Tennis succeeds as a hardcore title that lends itself to Nintendo's console with a clever approach to the control setup. It's slightly disappointing to find no new features beyond a mundane Training option, which leaves the long-term appeal slightly questionable. Nevertheless, Table Tennis on Wii manages to retain many of the qualities of its 360 predecessor, providing you've got a couple of Wii Remote's lying around.