8.5

1. Apr 25, 2012
    This is one of the most fun and easy to pickup whup-ass beat-em-up games for the Wii! While it has an element of "history" to it, the history doesn't get in the way of the crazy, whup ass, beat-up combos of damage you can do to hoards and hoards of enemies. While I played with it, I keep having this exciting feeling of "bring 'em on"! It's one of those games that make you feel like a real bad-ass. The key thing is simplicity that works with both an adult like me and my eldest son! The game play is all about doing much damage with as crazy combos - the excitement of achieving Super Basara Frenzy combos of up to 6000 hits without a break is just plain nuts. And super fun and exciting. I have only played 22% of my first character, Ieyasu. I am now just playing Saica to try a different style, and boy it's fun. Even though the map is similar with the different character, the gameplay and whup-ass combos are totally different, and feels fresh. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - don't listen to negative critics. You don't know what you're missing if you don't get this game. GET IT NOW, no regrets! I'll have hours and hours of fun! Expand

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes isn't a bad game. The problem is that there is so little depth in the gameplay that the experience can quickly grow old.
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes gets the Dynasty Warriors formula and changes the face. It is extremely funny and it will attract the lovers of this genre, but this game is really poor in IA, lack in innovation, and really repetitive and linear.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Sengoku Basara is a pure hack and slash, proud of its identity, which consist just of a big amount of good beatings. You should be aware of what if you're picking up; if you know it, you will get a really fun experience.