8.6

1. JamesR
    Jan 2, 2009
    This game is a lot of fun. The art style really suits the Wii, as well. It's nice to see Ubisoft stepping up. The Balance Board implementation is really good and adds a lot of depth to the game.
  2. MattW.
    Nov 22, 2008
    I read some reviews here and decided to go out and buy it as I had been craving a real snowboard game for the Wii balance board. This game does not disappoint and the reviews on here are pretty much spot on. The graphics are crisp, colourful, and very entertaining even if they aren't photo-realistic. The cartoony characters are cute and make the game pretty fun. Since most people are I read some reviews here and decided to go out and buy it as I had been craving a real snowboard game for the Wii balance board. This game does not disappoint and the reviews on here are pretty much spot on. The graphics are crisp, colourful, and very entertaining even if they aren't photo-realistic. The cartoony characters are cute and make the game pretty fun. Since most people are probably interested in knowing how the game performs on the balance board let me just say that it's very responsive and very enjoyable. I actually can't imagine playing this game on the Wii-mote. As a snowboarder IRL it's not 100% accurate or how it would be on the mountain, but it's pretty close and really gets you into the game. It can be a bit frustrating trying to do everything on the board, but you have so much fun just playing around on it you don't really notice if you're not making all the goals. I don't buy a lot of Wii games but this one was definitely worth it. Expand
  3. TomasS.
    Nov 17, 2008
    Brilliant game!
  4. StephO
    Nov 20, 2008
    This game is great! This is by far the closest you can come to snowboarding without being on the mountain. For those of us who live in the northeast and have a relatively short season this game def helped me get my snowboard fix until the snow flies. Not only is this game pretty accurate when it comes to movement I've also found when I really get into it I get that calf burn going This game is great! This is by far the closest you can come to snowboarding without being on the mountain. For those of us who live in the northeast and have a relatively short season this game def helped me get my snowboard fix until the snow flies. Not only is this game pretty accurate when it comes to movement I've also found when I really get into it I get that calf burn going after a while as if I'm really snowboarding. So even if you disagree with my review, in the very least this game will help get you in shape for snowboard season. The only negative is that so far its been pretty easy to win challenges. Oh and the graphics are fun but I think a madden style graphic with all the details might have been interesting; but hey I guess the game wasn't made for a an old school 30 something female snowboarder. Expand
  5. NateL
    Nov 23, 2008
    By far...the best snowboarding game I have ever seen.
  6. scottp
    Nov 24, 2008
    very nice snow boarding game indeed. Played it so much on the balance board it wrecked my legs! :O
  7. jareta
    Dec 20, 2008
    fun, enjoyable experience. makes the balance board a must own
  8. FrankiR
    Aug 16, 2009
    I just bought this game today, and so far it's great! The song track is good, and it satisfies my snowboarding needs. I live no where near snowboarding/skiing places, and this pretty much helps satisfy my craving to snowboard.

1. Not quite as stuffed with content as "SSX Blur" but the charm-filled SWS takes snowboarding games to new heights with its controls. [Christmas 2008, p.52]
  2. Road Trip is surprising. On paper it reads like a cheapened, cut-down version of its PS3 and 360 cousin but Ubisoft has really done the Wii justice with this one. Everything from the cartoony, charismatic art style to the well put-together motion control system just fits the console perfectly.
    A kid-friendly, motion-controlled version of Shaun White Snowboarding could have been a disaster, but this turns out to be a truly slick edition of the franchise. Not only is this one of the best-looking Wii games available, both remote and balance board controls feel really nice.