Showtime Championship Boxing Wii

4.7

1. AdamS.
    Jan 6, 2008
    There's a reason this game hasn't been reviewed yet: it'd be savaged if it were. The control scheme is awkward to non-functional, the seconds-long game-stopping transitions from standing to being knocked down are more than annoying, and the graphics and sound are barely serviceable.
  2. RasterM.
    Sep 14, 2008
    Bugs, crashes, lacking content for the majority of the game, memory leaks, and is full of jerks due to the attraction that is blood, gore, and nudity. Don't let them fool you, they, and this game, are not mature. It is merely unfit for younger audiences.
  3. S.B.
    Dec 21, 2007
    I had been anticipating this game for months, and after the release date slippage and shoddy-looking animation on the preview videos, I became somewhat skeptical. Then I read a review on another site suggesting that the play control was actually excellent, so I went and bought the game tonight after all. And oh, how I wish I had that $30 back. The play control is somehow worse than Wii I had been anticipating this game for months, and after the release date slippage and shoddy-looking animation on the preview videos, I became somewhat skeptical. Then I read a review on another site suggesting that the play control was actually excellent, so I went and bought the game tonight after all. And oh, how I wish I had that $30 back. The play control is somehow worse than Wii Boxing, especially with the left hand. Whereas Wii Boxing would have inconsistent punch control, this has pathetic dodge control, horribly inconsistent punch control (even though I'm a right hander, I *never* had the problems executing left-handed punched in Wii Boxing like I did here), and the movement sometimes just doesn't know when to quit. I can't count how many times I tried dodging using the appointed gesture (which is the same as Wii Boxing), only to be left flat-footed. My boxer's left hand seemed unable to throw a punch, and my boxer would somehow insist on retreating (and you can't throw punches while you're moving), so I'd often be left for a punching bag. And the load times between screens are simply abysmal. When you knock an opponent down, it actually takes a second or two to bring up the shot of the referee counting (always either a 7-count or a 10-count, nothing in between)! And then, it takes another second or two to load the regular boxing action back up! There's a slightly entertaining mini-game when you get knocked down, in which you have to guide a bullseye onto a moving target to rise, but again, the pauses really disrupt the gameplay and prevent the suspension of disbelief. The get-up mini-game is one of the few good things in this game; others involve the presence an energy bar to increase the strategy involved in the game and...well, I'm sure there's something else, but I just haven't found it yet. And I'm not sure that I'll spend another few minutes on this game to find out...ever. Expand

#91 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#47 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Even on the Nintendo Wii the game just doesn’t possess the true essence of what makes a good boxing game work on the Wii. Do yourself a favor, boxing fans, and stay away from this one.
  2. Multiplayer mode is basic and simple one-on-one combat, with no frills added on. Since this game is bare-bones to begin with, this is no surprise. So while this game tries to offer an enjoyable boxing experience, the lack of features simply knocks this one down for the count.
  3. Terrible. There is a split-screen multiplayer option, but I can't imagine anyone who'd want to participate, and why would they? Sluggish controls, poor attention to detail, lack of customization, and unbalanced difficulty all makes Showtime Championship Boxing a dud.