Sid Meier's Pirates! Wii

7.4

1. Aug 28, 2014
    Sid Meier's PIRATES! is the best WII game I've ever played. It's on par with even the best next-gen games. The graphics aren't that good, but let's look deeper. Captaining a ship is daunting, and exploring is engaging. It also has some fantastic R.P.G. elements as well, with customisation, and several meaningful choices. You can side with countries, raid ports, marry Governors' daughters,Sid Meier's PIRATES! is the best WII game I've ever played. It's on par with even the best next-gen games. The graphics aren't that good, but let's look deeper. Captaining a ship is daunting, and exploring is engaging. It also has some fantastic R.P.G. elements as well, with customisation, and several meaningful choices. You can side with countries, raid ports, marry Governors' daughters, defeat pirates, travel from port to port, and obviously, sail. The combat is engaging as well, were timing is key. These are the driving forces behind the best pure pirate game ever made. Expand
  2. Dec 25, 2012
    This game is awesome, the critics are stupid. I think it has good mechanics, and when I got it, I didn't want to stop playing it. It is a very addicting game.
  3. Nov 8, 2010
    Pretty good port of a classic PC game. Its kind of aged, but it still is loads of fun. The motion controls are really the worst part about the port- sometimes it feels like I'm just watching the game play instead of playing it.

#45 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#20 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. Feb 15, 2011
    The feeling of being left adrift in Pirates! is one that just should not be tolerated.
  2. Jan 5, 2011
    Sid Meiers Pirates for Wii is partially a missed opportunity. The game's a classic on PC, but the Wii version feels a little unessecary, since the new functions for this console doesn't add much to the experience. There's a lot to do in this game and it can get you quite hooked, but it could have been done much better.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Dated and unhappily ported to Wii. There is treasure, but you've really got to dig for it. [Issue#232, p.87]