Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Wii

8.0

1. JamesT
    Jan 11, 2010
    I bought the game because I was anticipating a scary game and....it wasn't scary at all. Silent Hill has gone downhill.....
  2. Gekidami
    Dec 19, 2009
    Shattered Memories misses Silent Hill's main feature: Horror. The game isnt at all scary because you know when and when you arent going to be in danger (you only ever get attacked in icey Silent Hill, in the normal world you're as safe as houses). And even when you are being attacked its just a lame chase from cookie cutter enemies around a rather big area WHERE YOU CANT STOP Shattered Memories misses Silent Hill's main feature: Horror. The game isnt at all scary because you know when and when you arent going to be in danger (you only ever get attacked in icey Silent Hill, in the normal world you're as safe as houses). And even when you are being attacked its just a lame chase from cookie cutter enemies around a rather big area WHERE YOU CANT STOP AND LOOK AT YOUR MAP! And when you do get taken down (probably because the game decided not to understand you're movements to shake off the enemies properly) YOU HAVE TO START THE WHOLE DAMN CHASE AGAIN! I wont be going back to the game ever again and that suits me just fine. I got one of the endings and based off what i've heard the others dont change anything either way (apart from the UFO ending). For the next game they can keep all of this psychologist stuff if they want, it was quite amusing. But please PLEASE let us attack enemies and have them constantly in the game rather then in single bits. Also how about putting it on a console that'll make it look better then the 6 year old Silent Hill 3? To sum it up: unresponsive controls, frustrating gameplay elements, and its not only strayed away from the old SH gameplay but the very thing Silent Hill is meant to be about. If you really must play it then rent it. Otherwise save your money. Expand
  3. MarkB
    Dec 12, 2009
    This game could have been so much better. Instead, we, the players, are given a half finished and thoroughly unpolished game that lacks any cohesion whatsoever.The only redeeming material in this game lies in the few good characters the game has to offer and the solid sountrack provided by the only person on this project who has been there from the beginning, and even he has officially This game could have been so much better. Instead, we, the players, are given a half finished and thoroughly unpolished game that lacks any cohesion whatsoever.The only redeeming material in this game lies in the few good characters the game has to offer and the solid sountrack provided by the only person on this project who has been there from the beginning, and even he has officially jumped ship. The mian character is, by all means, an unispired, souless shell, whose only purpose is to move the story along. Dr K however is an excellent character. As a matter of fact, I didnt really enjoy any part of the game outside of the visits with the mad doctor. Aside from this issue, the game froze up on me on multiple occasions. All in all, I am very disappointed in this game. It has no right to claim "Silent Hill" in its title, as this is far from what I would expect from the storied franchise. Expand
  4. FabianJo
    Dec 12, 2009
    Terrible! The graphics are worse than SH3 of Ps2 and the story was messed up. Furthermore the game is tiny! just 5 hours and is gone! HORRIBLE NOT IN A GOOD "HORRORGAME" WAY!!!
  5. JosephN
    Dec 16, 2009
    I actually think this is a 5 or a 6. However, seeing "voice acting is bang on" makes me think that the developers are playing up the rating here. The game isn't even out in Europe and "bang on" is not an expression that is commonly used in America. Just rent the game and see if you want to buy it.. Graphics are decent but its not scary enough to warrant multiple playthroughs.
  6. Jul 26, 2011
    The game sucks much. Its okay on Wii, but in other consoles it just fall flat on its face. It lacks many things that make the Silent Hill special, mostly the combat is missing. After finishing the game I personally felt less enjoyment. This is a complete waste of money for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
  7. Jun 28, 2012
    This really didn't do it for me. I'm such a huge fan of the original and SH3. This game felt like a step backwards. It was a interesting twist over the original, but average at best. It has a creepy feel to it, but the maze like chase sequences get old fast. The game has no weapons. Graphically is inferior to Silent Hill 3. I would have preferred a remake done in the same vein as REmakeThis really didn't do it for me. I'm such a huge fan of the original and SH3. This game felt like a step backwards. It was a interesting twist over the original, but average at best. It has a creepy feel to it, but the maze like chase sequences get old fast. The game has no weapons. Graphically is inferior to Silent Hill 3. I would have preferred a remake done in the same vein as REmake with the same gameplay as SH3. That's just wishful thinking. Expand

#4 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#42 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is without a doubt one of the year’s finest games, and is another example of a well made third-party game for the Wii.
  2. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories takes some bold, unpredictable risks with this venerated franchise, and the result is a heck of a lot more interesting than yet another survival horror game with motion-assisted aiming might have been.
  3. Shattered Memories is in some ways a true return to form for the series, although with recent news of Akira Yamaoka—whose music and vision has consistently defined the series—leaving Konami, it may be the last true Silent Hill game, period.