1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 33 Ratings

1. Jun 5, 2014
    As a fully-grown adult human, I actually admit to liking this game. Certainly if you go in expecting The Sims, but with animals, you're going to have a bad time. What this game is, is a quiet, peaceful, occasionally frustrating game about managing an environment so that it best suits the animals you want to live there. It's a god game, and as such, I found it perfect for when you want to relax with more patience than split-second timing. It can be a bit dull, particularly if you're not interested in god games, but I found that it had a lot of fun features, it was pretty, it distracted me from real life for a bit. Don't pay full price for it, but you can probably pick it up for cheap used, and that might be worth it if you're looking for a game that won't stress you out. Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    I expected it to be a lot more fun than it is. It is so boring because there is little customization like other Sims games. The controls and gameplay are really slow which makes it unbearable.

1. For the most part, it's simplistic and lighthearted animal-based gameplay is fun and enjoyable. However, the gameplay is just too basic to make this title more than just that, which is a shame when titles like "Viva Pinata" and "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King" for the Wii offer better managerial-style gameplay.
  2. SimAnimals is a good idea but with poor visuals and fiddly controls, this is a wasted opportunity.
    No effort has been put into the presentation here. The game doesn't run smoothly, the forest is unattractive, and the controls aren't user-friendly. Even if EA is aiming at kids here, they deserve a game that's easier to play and makes use of current graphics technology.