SimAnimals Wii

2.1

1. Nov 21, 2015
    This game is meant for children. You are restricted to very small portions of land and it gets boring very fast. I was extremely excited about getting this game because I love all the Sims games and I love animals- needless to say, I was very disappointed.
  2. Feb 27, 2015
    This game was actually pretty relaxing. I got bored a couple times though waiting for things to grow. Although I do wish the environments were a bit bigger, this game isn't as bad as people say it is.
  3. Jun 5, 2014
    As a fully-grown adult human, I actually admit to liking this game. Certainly if you go in expecting The Sims, but with animals, you're going to have a bad time. What this game is, is a quiet, peaceful, occasionally frustrating game about managing an environment so that it best suits the animals you want to live there. It's a god game, and as such, I found it perfect for when you want toAs a fully-grown adult human, I actually admit to liking this game. Certainly if you go in expecting The Sims, but with animals, you're going to have a bad time. What this game is, is a quiet, peaceful, occasionally frustrating game about managing an environment so that it best suits the animals you want to live there. It's a god game, and as such, I found it perfect for when you want to relax with more patience than split-second timing. It can be a bit dull, particularly if you're not interested in god games, but I found that it had a lot of fun features, it was pretty, it distracted me from real life for a bit. Don't pay full price for it, but you can probably pick it up for cheap used, and that might be worth it if you're looking for a game that won't stress you out. Expand
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    I expected it to be a lot more fun than it is. It is so boring because there is little customization like other Sims games. The controls and gameplay are really slow which makes it unbearable.
  5. JimmusMaximus
    Jan 28, 2009
    Awful. Like Viva Pinata without the animal variety, unlockables or gameplay. Simple mechanics (waggle controller - is that all developers can make a Wiimote do?) and too few popups or useful informative visual cues. Sure, you could keep the raccoons from eating all your squirrels, if you knew BEFORE it already happened. No thanks, Maxis - Viva Pinata was frustrating and difficult, but at Awful. Like Viva Pinata without the animal variety, unlockables or gameplay. Simple mechanics (waggle controller - is that all developers can make a Wiimote do?) and too few popups or useful informative visual cues. Sure, you could keep the raccoons from eating all your squirrels, if you knew BEFORE it already happened. No thanks, Maxis - Viva Pinata was frustrating and difficult, but at least it was also fun. Expand
  6. Nov 11, 2011

#72 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#84 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. For the most part, it's simplistic and lighthearted animal-based gameplay is fun and enjoyable. However, the gameplay is just too basic to make this title more than just that, which is a shame when titles like "Viva Pinata" and "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King" for the Wii offer better managerial-style gameplay.
  2. SimAnimals is a good idea but with poor visuals and fiddly controls, this is a wasted opportunity.
    No effort has been put into the presentation here. The game doesn't run smoothly, the forest is unattractive, and the controls aren't user-friendly. Even if EA is aiming at kids here, they deserve a game that's easier to play and makes use of current graphics technology.