7.2

1. Nov 12, 2012
    Well I bought this game thinking that it could be fun. While the game is somewhat decent, it really bothers me that Activision keeps pushing people to buy a whole bunch of plastic junk. It's essentially "physical dlc" and ends up costing you even more. So to get the full package, you have to spend hundreds of dollars on this single game. That is just despicable.
  2. Dec 29, 2012
    Different toys and characters but otherwise more of the same. Fun, but very easy and somewhat disappointing. There are less levels and very easy puzzles, compared to the first Skylanders game, so much so that my 7yo (not a big gamer at all) completed it with his cousins over 3 days and asked 'was that it?'. Pales in comparison to Lego Batman 2 for depth of play and lasting enjoyment - which we both still enjoy playing together months later. Expand

1. The gotta buy 'em all mentality is as ferociously addictive as ever, but the delightful characters deserve a more imaginative, better made game. [Christmas 2012, p.108]
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    Ultimately, Skylanders: Giants isn't going to convert many gamers my age as I think we might be a little too cynical for a game that's so blatant in its "pay-to-play" model.
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    Skylanders Giants is, at its core, a child-friendly dungeon crawler with simplistic smash-everything gameplay, but what elevates it is its understanding of its market. There's plenty of variety to keep kids entertained and loads of things to collect, all wrapped in an appealing package – and the toy aspect is still a stroke of genius, an undeniably cool idea that speaks directly to kids and big kids alike. If you or a younger member of your family is a fan of the series, this could be another expensive Christmas.