Skylanders Giants Wii

7.3

1. Mar 24, 2013
    This is an interesting mix between collecting toys and game. The levels and puzzles are not particularly challenging, even for my 8 year old, but the kids enjoy the combat element of the game. If it weren't for the need to buy new toys to further the game, the novelty factor would wear off quickly. While it's fun for them to spend their pocket money on the next Skylander toy, in terms ofThis is an interesting mix between collecting toys and game. The levels and puzzles are not particularly challenging, even for my 8 year old, but the kids enjoy the combat element of the game. If it weren't for the need to buy new toys to further the game, the novelty factor would wear off quickly. While it's fun for them to spend their pocket money on the next Skylander toy, in terms of hours of gameplay Mario Kart Wii is much better value for money. Expand
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Les Giants sont beaux mais parfois pas aussi fort qu'on pourrait l'imaginer. Comparé au premier Skylanders celui ci est beaucoup trop facile, y compris le boss final qu'on bat du premier coup.
  3. Jun 15, 2014
    Fun and addictive, but I find myself not willing to re do levels. The only thing I can do over and over is the pvp battle mode, which adds a fun competitive air to the game. The levels should be more realistic with less stupid humor. Another thing i noticed was that the quality of the figurines PLUMMETED in Skylanders Giants. In Spyro's Adventure, the figurines are fairly well made andFun and addictive, but I find myself not willing to re do levels. The only thing I can do over and over is the pvp battle mode, which adds a fun competitive air to the game. The levels should be more realistic with less stupid humor. Another thing i noticed was that the quality of the figurines PLUMMETED in Skylanders Giants. In Spyro's Adventure, the figurines are fairly well made and painted. All I can sat for Giants is landfill fodder. Levels got way too easy in this game. In Spyro's Adventure, defeating Kaos was a huge challenge. Even me and my brother working to gather could not defeat him, we must have tried some twenty times, until my brother died, and i finally "killed" Kaos by myself. In Giants, defeating Kaos takes twenty minutes tops in one try; if you were trying to play during a HURRICANE!! I would say five to ten minutes.

Now on to some things I do like about it. The extra five levels on each character are a great addition, because leveling up is something a lot of people like to do. In my case, only for the pvp battle's sake, but whatever. The new characters are okay.

Over all, it is a slightly entertaining, if not decent game. I would only recommend it for those who like pvp, or puzzles so easy you could do them in your sleep.

#5 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2012
#8 Most Shared Wii Game of 2012

1. The gotta buy 'em all mentality is as ferociously addictive as ever, but the delightful characters deserve a more imaginative, better made game. [Christmas 2012, p.108]
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    Ultimately, Skylanders: Giants isn't going to convert many gamers my age as I think we might be a little too cynical for a game that's so blatant in its "pay-to-play" model.
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    Skylanders Giants is, at its core, a child-friendly dungeon crawler with simplistic smash-everything gameplay, but what elevates it is its understanding of its market. There's plenty of variety to keep kids entertained and loads of things to collect, all wrapped in an appealing package – and the toy aspect is still a stroke of genius, an undeniably cool idea that speaks directly to kids and big kids alike. If you or a younger member of your family is a fan of the series, this could be another expensive Christmas.