Smarty Pants Wii

7.6

1. AlO.
    Dec 2, 2007
    We got it on the after thanksgiving sale for just over $20.00. Lots of fun especially with multiple people. Highly recommended for the holidays!
  2. EvanB.
    Jan 9, 2008
    This is the ONLY game my dad has ever played with me in my 20 years of gaming! This should say something about my score! Highly recommended for families!
  3. DougL
    May 23, 2008
    Good trivia game... I like the way you ring in and the socring system is good for the most part. I wish there were a larger variety of topics and it the questions getting tougher based on your sucess is unfair for when you play with new players. Example my fiancee and I are very good in science, so no all science questions are pretty tough. I dont like the double points dance and haveGood trivia game... I like the way you ring in and the socring system is good for the most part. I wish there were a larger variety of topics and it the questions getting tougher based on your sucess is unfair for when you play with new players. Example my fiancee and I are very good in science, so no all science questions are pretty tough. I dont like the double points dance and have never had to do the tug-of war. Some of the cards are pointless, but i do enjoy the nudging the wheel, it makes for some excitement. Maybe not worth full price but the best trivia gaem i have plaed on a video game system. Oh and compared to the bargin Wii ware TV show King it is a much better trivia game. (TV show king is fun but a lot of luck involved until final round and you can not know the answer to anything and just copy the answers of the stronger players). Expand
  4. PleasantKnife
    Nov 18, 2007
    Terribly fun with four people involved! A great trivia game for family gatherings around the holidays... not too hard for kids and not too easy for adults. It's bright and friendly and very inviting to non-gamers. Feels like everyone playing a board game like we all used to do. We had a hoot with it!
  5. BillM.
    Dec 3, 2007
    The trivia portion of the game is very good, however the "dance" and "tug of war" parts were too gimmicky. The range of topics of questions were good.
  6. SandyM.
    Nov 26, 2007
    My wife and I found the questions to be quite good and diverse. The presentation is clean but lackluster with Wii remote movement gestures tacked on with no way to disable them. Younger players may appreciate flailing your arms around while not answering questions for a slight edge but older players who prefer their questions straight up will be annoyed by this. This should have been a My wife and I found the questions to be quite good and diverse. The presentation is clean but lackluster with Wii remote movement gestures tacked on with no way to disable them. Younger players may appreciate flailing your arms around while not answering questions for a slight edge but older players who prefer their questions straight up will be annoyed by this. This should have been a budget title. Collapse
  7. BobC.
    Dec 29, 2007
    Questions are good, movements need to be more full-body, instead of hand motions (you don't want to know what we do instead of "tug-of-war"). Overall, a fun game, but better use of the wii-motes would be appreciated. Also, Player A has too much control...should be equal among all players.
  8. BenD.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Fun trivia game for all ages- literally. The questions are actually adjusted to meet the participant's age levels! Sweet. But, one major problem... this is a pretty basic game, and EA is charging $50 for it- the same price as Super Mario Galaxy! Games like this should be priced to compete, especially if they hope to win over the all-important casual sector. So, I've had to Fun trivia game for all ages- literally. The questions are actually adjusted to meet the participant's age levels! Sweet. But, one major problem... this is a pretty basic game, and EA is charging $50 for it- the same price as Super Mario Galaxy! Games like this should be priced to compete, especially if they hope to win over the all-important casual sector. So, I've had to deduct one point from what would have been an 8 if it had been $20. Maybe it would have stopped people from buying all the Wii's budget crap... Oh well. Expand

#65 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007

It's got a few issues with forced gimmicky controls, particularly the dance sequences, but for the most part the topics are well chosen, the questions varied, the Wii pointer functionality dead on and the tactile feel of buzzing in by snapping backward with the peripheral very rewarding.
  2. Smarty Pants is a fun, no-frills trivia game for all ages.
  3. Smarty Pants is fun. It doesn’t pretend to be anything more, nor does it need to. I will say that it’s not quite at the addictive level as the much-missed You Don’t Know Jack series (it’s missing the catty humor), but it’s certainly successful in accomplishing its modest goals.