Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity Wii

8.0

1. May 1, 2016
    Very good! Nice controls, better AI than the previous installment, better difficulty balancing, mostly cool track designs and overall better designed than the previous entry.

However, it lacks very few new characters and cuts some from the previous entry (4 to be exact) for honestly no reason. The music is not that great but has some stellar tracks, however most are ok and passable. The game also seems to be slightly boring compared to the previous instalment, i guess it's because there's no automatic trails and tricks are preformed almost automatically instead of requiring constant player input. It also feels weird not having an announcer this time around but i understand why that was taken out.

Overall it's still really good and worth playing if you loved the first one like i did, but it still leaves a bit to be desired as it hasn't perfected the formula for this series. Too bad free riders is one of the biggest turds the sonic series has ever shat out.
  2. Jun 5, 2015
    The game is eye pleasing and it can entertain you for quite a long time . They're are many problems as well like,the controls are very hard and its very hard to control your character with a wii remote. Those two problems make the game very annoying and frustrating.
  3. Apr 12, 2015
    It was a mix of improvement and downgrade from the predecessor, the good was a better story and inclusion of Silver and Blaze, and a bit of downgrade for having weird controls and less appealing Gameplay from the first game!
  4. Jan 9, 2015
    I have SO much fun with my friends playing this game at my local boys and girls club. It always gives me the fast paced racing action I would expect from a sonic racing game! Very we'll designed though the music is a bit annoying after a while. Overall a great. Ultimately game to race your friends in. AS LONG AS YOU USE THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER. The wiimote was not made for this game.
  5. Aug 28, 2014
    Not as bad as many think. Story is better than riders by miles, still not saying much though. Graphics and sound are good. Controls do take a while to get used too, though I do prefer the Gamecube controls to the Wii motion controls any day. At least this game has a tutorial mode to get used to the controls. Best game in the riders series, and that's not saying much.
  6. Oct 24, 2013
    Its impossible to move your character, and it took me several tries just to beat the first level, in fact every level i had to redo multiple times to pass. its way to frustrating and the controls are terrible.
  7. Apr 28, 2013
    A far better game than the original. The Wii controls don't take that long to get used to. I actually have fun using the Wii remote to play the game. Its very surprising. The graphics are good. But defiantly no where near as good as games like sonic colours and super mario galaxy. The music is good. Nothing special though. If people would give this game a chance they could find it fun.A far better game than the original. The Wii controls don't take that long to get used to. I actually have fun using the Wii remote to play the game. Its very surprising. The graphics are good. But defiantly no where near as good as games like sonic colours and super mario galaxy. The music is good. Nothing special though. If people would give this game a chance they could find it fun. Same with the original. Just don't go anywhere near sonic free riders and you will be safe Expand
  8. Jan 17, 2011
    Though I enjoy the Sonic series generally, this game was OK. Great graphics for the Wii, yet a times the screen was a little too busy with too much going on at once. Maybe it is just my slow processing powers but I enjoyed other sonic titles like magic rings much more than this. Controlling sonic wasn't too bad, but I have also felt smoother control in other sonic titles. I won't sayThough I enjoy the Sonic series generally, this game was OK. Great graphics for the Wii, yet a times the screen was a little too busy with too much going on at once. Maybe it is just my slow processing powers but I enjoyed other sonic titles like magic rings much more than this. Controlling sonic wasn't too bad, but I have also felt smoother control in other sonic titles. I won't say don't buy this, but some might find it a little more frustrating than fun. Expand
  9. JoshS.
    May 23, 2008
    This one was a lot easier and a lot more fun than the first. I actually enjoyed it! I hated the first one at one time and liked it at another(maybe when I was winning). I actually liked this one the whole way through.
  10. SamiCantin
    Mar 1, 2008
    This game sucks real bad don't even go rent it. It's hard to just CONTROL your character which didn't occur on the GCN version. I gave 1 because the graphic is nice at times.Trust me if you really want to play sonic riders, then get the one on Gamecube: IT's 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better

#38 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#23 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. It's a new and improved Sonic Riders with plenty of new tracks and characters to enjoy. It's a must-have for Sonic fans and a "might-enjoy" for aces of the racing genre, especially for those who like F-Zero and Wipeout.
    There’s no denying the entertainment that could come from a blazing fast Sonic racing title, but the Riders franchise has tried twice, and both times failed to deliver solid control and a true sense of speed.
  3. Nintendo Power
    As with the original " Sonic Riders", a large segment of the gaming populace will likely fine Zero Gravity immensely frustrating. [Feb 2008, p.90]