8.1

1. Feb 1, 2014
    This is a great Kart Racing game, that, though similar to Mario Kart, is superior than it as well. Now the graphics are nice and crisp, the game looks very good, the game controls great as well! Though if you're used to Mario Kart, it could take a bit of getting used to, as the controls are somewhat different.

Also borrowing from Sonic riders is a simplified trick system. And by Trick,

Also borrowing from Sonic riders is a simplified trick system. And by Trick, I mean rotating in the air, But the more you rotate, the better the speed boost. The game has online racing that is on par with Mario Kart, but I suggest you stay away from it unless you get really good at the game. Because unlike Mario Kart, there are a lot of different, well, I'll call them exploits for lack of a better term, that people use that I don't even know about.

The game has a two different unlock systems based on what you are trying to unlock. "Mods" Are unlocked by doing well in races. But just beating a bunch of races will aid as well. These "Mods" Change how your character races slightly. Like it can increase their speed, but slow their accelerate for example. Another example is it can slow them down, but help with their turning.

For unlocking characters, you must play though the challenge mode. Where you, of course, have to complete various challenges to unlock characters. You will unlock the characters faster if you play on harder difficulties, but will get to them faster if you play on easier difficulties.

Speaking of speed, the races often can last up to 5 minutes, at least at my skill level. And I wouldn't say I'm bad at racing games at all.

The music is mostly comprised of remixes of past games, but these remixes are very good! Not as good as remixes in brawl, but fairly decent on their own accord.

Overall, I'd say this game is worth buying, especially on the PC where it's the cheapest.
  2. May 3, 2013
    This is really good for 2 players. There are really good 2 player combos such as battles and racing. The races are fantastic. You win game coins and you buy the characters. My favourite characters are Opa Opa and Sonic. They are basically the best characters for racing. The tracks are fun and there are really cool stunts you can do.
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    After my friend let me play it at his house for a few hours (I was into it because it was way fun) plays like MK game too controls look and feel like MK too with holding remote sideways.

What I like is when you fall off a course your instantly put back on the track unlike MK as it is slow. Speed is pretty fast as well in this game like MK with Sega characters. Most stages have

Speed is pretty fast as well in this game like MK with Sega characters.

Most stages have blocks at the sides to stop you from falling which is good to help you out unlike MK.

The whole of the slide boost thing too is same as MK too so if you played MK you know what you do on this game very similar and the whole handling where steering is not sensitive unlike MK is bloody is a lot but in this game you can steer very good MK has that bad moment and you just loose your rage because of this on this you won't.

I know I' am saying MK a lot it's because I just think it's like MK itself, so try you won't be disappointed with this game thumbs up.

1. It isn't quite the fan paradise it could have been, but it's a very good racer that makes great use of classic Sega franchises. We wouldn't mind a sequel with more franchises and tracks included. [Mar 2010, p.86]
  2. Good fun but lacking the polish that makes Mario Kart Wii the definitive kart racer. [Mar 2010, p.76]
    Though it has some hiccups, unexciting party modes, and a questionable difficulty curve, All-Stars Racing is a respectable effort that makes a good kart racer at its core (and is at least much more cohesive than Sega Superstars Tennis).