Sonic Unleashed Wii

7.3

1. AndrewM
    Dec 6, 2008
    What I was looking for in a sonic game was a suitable follow-up to the Sonic Adventure series. and secret rings didn't cut it. this is the closest they have come ever since they put out sonic heroes. i love the werehog levels where you actually have to slow down and think your way through an area, and take out your frustration on the miserable little ghouls that wreak terror on the What I was looking for in a sonic game was a suitable follow-up to the Sonic Adventure series. and secret rings didn't cut it. this is the closest they have come ever since they put out sonic heroes. i love the werehog levels where you actually have to slow down and think your way through an area, and take out your frustration on the miserable little ghouls that wreak terror on the townsfolk. the only three things I found to be potentially problematic is 1. no camera controls, which can get pretty frustrating in werehog levels 2. hardly any 'spinball' action for sonic. ( I mean, the most fundemental part of sonic removed?? ) 3. chip. he just sounds so cheesy. and when all of a sudden he is a god (SPOILER ALERT) that kinda turned me off the whole story. besides that, this really takes the cake as a fenominal continuation of the sonic franchise Expand
  2. BloodS.1
    Jan 28, 2010
    The daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed are actually the new part to the game - the Werehog stages are just the original Sonic games plus lots of fighting minus enemies throughout each level and incredibly badly placed spikes and enemies. The only problem I have with the game is the fact that the werehog stages are twice as long as the daytime stages. Otherwise, the game is better than any The daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed are actually the new part to the game - the Werehog stages are just the original Sonic games plus lots of fighting minus enemies throughout each level and incredibly badly placed spikes and enemies. The only problem I have with the game is the fact that the werehog stages are twice as long as the daytime stages. Otherwise, the game is better than any other Sonic game I've played - including the classics. Expand
  3. MichaelD.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Sonic unleashed is fun! plain and simple. The daytime stages are a blast to play (literally) and sonic is faster than ever before! what really adds to the fun is the ability to drift around tight turns witch surprisingly works for the game, not against it. The night time stages on the other hand, isn't really that awesome, but it also isn't really that bad, in these stages you Sonic unleashed is fun! plain and simple. The daytime stages are a blast to play (literally) and sonic is faster than ever before! what really adds to the fun is the ability to drift around tight turns witch surprisingly works for the game, not against it. The night time stages on the other hand, isn't really that awesome, but it also isn't really that bad, in these stages you lumber around and beat the crud out of baddies, and these constant brawls don't really get too repetitive, thanks to a slew of cool butt whooping moves. also after every night time level you get a bunch of points that are applied to your stats which (if you get enough) can level you up or earn you new moves! In general, after you peel away the layers of "meh" gimmicks, an awesome adrenalin pumping platform is revealed! This is a step forward for the sonic franchise but he still has miles to go before he can get his 1991 fame back. Buy sonic unleashed for the good it has to offer, it blocks out the "so-so." Expand
  4. MarvinM
    Aug 28, 2009
    Honestly, at first I was hesitant about purchasing this game due to its low ratings. But after playing through it for a couple of hours, I have to say, I certainly don't regret purchasing Sonic Unleashed. The night levels aren't as bad as you'd think; I think it's quite entertaining to bash those creatures around. Also, the game's got some great replay value Honestly, at first I was hesitant about purchasing this game due to its low ratings. But after playing through it for a couple of hours, I have to say, I certainly don't regret purchasing Sonic Unleashed. The night levels aren't as bad as you'd think; I think it's quite entertaining to bash those creatures around. Also, the game's got some great replay value because you can unlock many missions, some even entirely new stages. The graphics and music were also great, even for a console like the Wii. So if you're a Sonic fan, go ahead and buy it. If not, consider renting it and taking it for a spin (no pun intended). Expand
  5. BenG
    Sep 8, 2009
    Best Wii game and one of the best Sonic games to date. Better than I expected. Play it and see. To Tom C "The worst part about this game is the fact that the sonic sections are by far the greatest 3d sonic ever." How does that make sense? Yes Sonic Unleashed is one of the best and most important gaming experiences we've ever played, but the fact the game also includes werehog somehow Best Wii game and one of the best Sonic games to date. Better than I expected. Play it and see. To Tom C "The worst part about this game is the fact that the sonic sections are by far the greatest 3d sonic ever." How does that make sense? Yes Sonic Unleashed is one of the best and most important gaming experiences we've ever played, but the fact the game also includes werehog somehow undoes that? Where are people's values? If someone is to deducts points for the werehog it should be minimal, that is if you insist on deducting points at all, because if you do, it is misleading, and it implies we should be avoiding great gameplay just because the total package isn't consistent. Expand
  6. JoeyR
    Jun 24, 2009
    OK, here goes. The daylight levels are very much like the original Sonic gameplay. In fact, Sega brought back for those levels everything that gamers have been whining about not being there since Sonic Adventure. Yet, when given exactly what they asked for, they still complain. The Werehog levels are fun, although the Wii version didn't need 3x the number of Werehog levels. Still, OK, here goes. The daylight levels are very much like the original Sonic gameplay. In fact, Sega brought back for those levels everything that gamers have been whining about not being there since Sonic Adventure. Yet, when given exactly what they asked for, they still complain. The Werehog levels are fun, although the Wii version didn't need 3x the number of Werehog levels. Still, its a fun game and I don't get why people don't like it. The only thing that matters is: Do you think it's fun? Don't examine everything critically, that only ruins the experience. Play the game just to play the game. Ignore what the reviewers have said and make your own unbiased opinion. Have fun. Stop whining. Play the game before you create an opinion of it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  7. JosephM.
    Nov 18, 2008
    This game is truly a sign of greater things to come in the Sonic. It is as if they lifted the curse of bad titles with this one; an almost true return to 2d gameplay glory. I found little annoyances with the Wii version's control scheme and the game is rather easy to get into. I was surprised at how much better the visuals actually are than what I saw in trailers and screenshots. This game is truly a sign of greater things to come in the Sonic. It is as if they lifted the curse of bad titles with this one; an almost true return to 2d gameplay glory. I found little annoyances with the Wii version's control scheme and the game is rather easy to get into. I was surprised at how much better the visuals actually are than what I saw in trailers and screenshots. Then again, most wii games look better when you play it in person. The boss battles at day are similar to that of Sonic Advance 2, where you keep up the fast pace, rather than fight a stationary boss. A great transition from 2d to 3d, finally. This title is a breath of fresh air for the Wii. Expand
  8. AntonioD.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Ok! The stages,graphics,music, and fast paced sonic is a real success in the game, but after the cool sonic epoch( a certain time), we get the werehog sonic. Sure the werehog is an impediment in your gaming, and the fact that it takes to long to complete the stages is sort of besot and a hindrance but it is not all that bad. People normally hate games that that take 3 hours to complete, Ok! The stages,graphics,music, and fast paced sonic is a real success in the game, but after the cool sonic epoch( a certain time), we get the werehog sonic. Sure the werehog is an impediment in your gaming, and the fact that it takes to long to complete the stages is sort of besot and a hindrance but it is not all that bad. People normally hate games that that take 3 hours to complete, and love games like twilight princess. The sonic levels may start out boring, but as you get farther in the game, you tend to get a grasp on this sonics' controls and like it. Over all, i give this game an 82%, but next time when Wii 2 is out, Nitendo better go all out! Expand
  9. Dec 13, 2011
    This game rocks !!! I recommend this game is worth a look !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I this game deserves a perfect 10/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Sep 11, 2012
    While often overshadowed by its HD twin, Sonic Unleashed Wii is, in many ways, better. And no, the Werehog sections aren't as bad as some would make you believe.
    This game is split into 2 level types: Day and Night. The day stages are simply amazing. The 3D sections are the best 3D sections in any Sonic game to date - yes, better than Adventure, better than Colors, and better than Generations only because Generations' controls aren't tight. The 2D sections are fun too, though they seem a little too on-rails compared to Colors' Wisp Power-ups. The night sections... well, although they aren't great, they still are fun at times, and the motion controls make the night stages far superior to the HD version's. The boss fights (both day and night) are among the best 3D Sonic bosses to date.
    The graphics are top-notch. The game has some of the best graphics on the Wii, and definitely had the best graphics at the time it was released (yes, better than Super Mario Galaxy's). The sound is great too. The day stages' music are some of the Sonic series' finest, the night stages' music fits perfectly, and even the hub and menu music will get stuck in your head. My only complaint in this department is Jason Griffith's voice acting as Normal Sonic (Werehog Sonic's VAing is fine).
    Overall, Sonic Unleashed Wii is a great game. The night stages change the pace and have interesting gameplay, but it's the day stages that make the game. Buy this game if you have a Wii.
    Sonic Gameplay: 10
    Werehog Gameplay: 7
    Graphics: 9.5
    Sound: 9.5
    Replay Value: 8.5
    Overall: 9/10
  11. Nov 3, 2012
    Before this game arrived I loved certian sonic but then this game came. It's a brilliant game and the best 3D sonic game. The game is not perfect but it is still very amazing. The only flaw with the game is the controls for the wherehog but you can use the classic controller. The Graphics are brilliant in this game and the cutscenes are amazing.
    The game plays realy well and the Day time
    The game plays realy well and the Day time stages ae just outstanding and the enviroment is brilliant.
    The hub world is diffrent to the HD versions but that isn't bad. The replay value is very good and you can unlock many extras like art.
    Overall: This is the best Sonic game to date even with the wherehog. The Gameplay is brilliant in the Day time stages and the night time stages are allright. For a sonic fan this is a must get.Also the soundtrack is even better and it sounds brilliant.
    Gameplay:8/10
    Music:10/10
    Graphics:8/10
    Presentaion:9/10
    Extra Value:8/10
    Overall:9/10
  12. Jul 25, 2013
    sonic Unleashed is one of the best Wii games you can get that not from Nintendo. The Wii port is the second best port of the game (Xbox 360 port being the best.) the Wii port is fun as on other systems. The day time stages are best part of the game while the night time stages are slow and combat base, but still fun and fast pact in combat. The graphtes are great for Wii standards and thesonic Unleashed is one of the best Wii games you can get that not from Nintendo. The Wii port is the second best port of the game (Xbox 360 port being the best.) the Wii port is fun as on other systems. The day time stages are best part of the game while the night time stages are slow and combat base, but still fun and fast pact in combat. The graphtes are great for Wii standards and the controls works perfect. The story work and easy to understand. Sonic Unleashed is a game a sonic fan should own in hisher collection. Expand
  13. Oct 5, 2013
    This game was a very nice sonic game. I admit it may have its flaws (Like too many were-hog stages) But at least they were enjoyable. The fast paced action and humor give this game my rating of 8
  14. Apr 13, 2014
    This game is a Wii highlight. Don't pass out because it's the "inferior" version. I love this game. All of the day stages are extremely well designed, and I can tolerate the later Werehog stages, To me, they actually pass by quickly, and I get a kick out of beating the hell out of anything that moves.
    This game's only flaw is that the daytime stages are too short, and occasionally bug out. One such case is a certain spring robot used to shortcut your way through Adabat can turn "invisible" and cause you to pass through it.
    The game, overall, has a nice flow to things, and the daytime stages are definately the highlight. There's just some satisfaction of getting an S on a flawless Eggmanland run. To get the sought-after S, you need to become well-aware of the best route, and lies ahead on it. The results can surprise even the most experienced player. Non-hackers can beat Adabat in under 2:00 if they know what they're doing.
  15. Nov 26, 2015
    Awesome game to the Sonic the hedgehog series.Sonic is so fast,even faster than in generations.Even though the werehog stages in this game is not bad,but i recommend you doing the day stages.
  16. Jan 18, 2016
    How much you love Sonic Unleashed really just depends on how you approach it. About half or less of the game is blindingly fast speed, half or more is slower paced platforming and beat-em-up combat. Personally, I enjoyed the Werehog stages quite a bit... Not as much as the Hedgehog stages, but if you treat them like what they are, they're actually very fun. The Wii was a system full ofHow much you love Sonic Unleashed really just depends on how you approach it. About half or less of the game is blindingly fast speed, half or more is slower paced platforming and beat-em-up combat. Personally, I enjoyed the Werehog stages quite a bit... Not as much as the Hedgehog stages, but if you treat them like what they are, they're actually very fun. The Wii was a system full of great platformers like the SNES of old, and if you're planning on trying one of Sonic's ventures for the system, I'd honestly suggest Unleashed before all. Fun, varied gameplay, great soundtrack, solid graphics, fairly cheap to purchase these days. All around solid game. Expand
  17. Nov 3, 2012
    Extra Value:8/10
    Overall:9/10

#8 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#32 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. The Wii version has less annoying traits than the others and still retains all the usual mediocrity. The motion-control elements in the Werehog levels add an extra dimension to the action, and the hub worlds are entirely text-based and aren’t nearly as annoying. If you can stand the diminished graphics, the Wii version actually edges out the PS3 and 360 entries.
    Sonic Unleashed is half great game and half tedious gimmick.
  3. Nintendo Power
    If you don't mind some fisticuffs mixed into your high-speed thrills, give Sonic Unleashed a shot. [Holiday 2008, p.80]