5.7

1. Mar 9, 2013
    Soulcalibur Legends is a generic, repetitive and unspectacular hack-n-slash spin off to the popular Namco 1 on 1 seventeenth century fighting series. Graphics are comparable to mid PS2 era but the frame rate does maintain a refreshing 60FPS making the game very smooth to play. Soulcalibur Legends can be compared to various other Japanese fighting games which require you to kill hordes of enemies and not much else such as Dynasty Warriors and Ninja Gaiden. Combat is actually quite satisfying actually but are you prepared to maintain that satisfaction throughout 40 levels? It's an interesting departure from the usual shenanigans seen in the series but it really is not worth your time.

Graphics: 6/10
    Gameplay: 5/10
    Features: 4/10

I secretly DO like this game but I'm writing this review for a general gamer and I can honestly say that the game's repetition will not bode well with them.
  2. Jan 30, 2014
    I love this game. I recently got a secondhand Wii. It has 40 odd games and some classics like Mario Galaxy etc.. But which game do I like to play most? This one. Soul Calibur has easy to pick up and responsive controls- the onscreen sword responds very well to the wii remote and num chuck.

The graphics are good, I found the story quite lightweight but entertaining. It is a good workout
    to play- I finish after a 20 minute session with a light sweat from swinging the remote about so much.

As a 32 year old gamer I have played a lot of serious PC games and have lately come to appreciate the casual fun that a fun sword swinging game like this offers.

I would give it 8 but seeing as how this game has so many miserable ratings I am upping it to 10 to push the meta up a bit. Enjoy!

1. Soulcalibur Legends is a trap, luring in gullible gamers with the promise of two-player co-op and a cast of characters from the series. Once you take the bait, the whole rusty contraption snaps shut – and you will carry the scars of playing it for the rest of your life.
    The main problem here is that it feels like Legends should have been a side mode in a proper Soulcalibur rather than its own game. There are some good ideas, but it doesn't feel like a complete game.
  3. There's certainly potential here, albeit squandered (in my opinion) on the Wii where like so many of its games, the hook--waving the Wiimote--is more curse than cool. [Dec 2007, p.81]