Spider-Man 3 Wii

5.3

1. Dec 14, 2014
    Once again, just writing a negative review to mix in with all my positive ones. Anyway, this game is the only game I've ever seen where the graphics in the cutscenes are actually worse than the gameplay, which are already horrible. Combat is dull and lifeless. In the end, the only redeeming qualities this game has is that it is a little fun to swing around in the city, and the finalOnce again, just writing a negative review to mix in with all my positive ones. Anyway, this game is the only game I've ever seen where the graphics in the cutscenes are actually worse than the gameplay, which are already horrible. Combat is dull and lifeless. In the end, the only redeeming qualities this game has is that it is a little fun to swing around in the city, and the final fight was somewhat entertaining. Other than that, this is one of the worst movie-based and superhero games ever. Expand
  2. Apr 28, 2014
    The swinging is this game is very fun and that's the only good thing about this game. The game play is to repetitive. The graphics are terrible and fighting is boring. I stopped playing 2 hours into the game and after I threw it out of the window.
  3. AnonymousMC
    Dec 10, 2008
    It was fun at first but when I finished the game you need to get 50 (mabey more I can't remeber) to have the black suit which was alot of crud and the story was so of track since it went with the comics. I may get it again but right now it is a game of poor levels, gaming, and fredom of the black suit unless you unlocked it
  4. gamelsang
    Nov 10, 2007
    Rent It First Being a big spider-man fan it was tough to write the below but ........... here it is : + swinging through the city + large city map to explore + interesting re-mix to the movie story line + added villains + voices are good ( use of actors from the movie ) + kool new moves + loose ' GTA ' type feel to the interface - side missions are very repetitive - some side Rent It First Being a big spider-man fan it was tough to write the below but ........... here it is : + swinging through the city + large city map to explore + interesting re-mix to the movie story line + added villains + voices are good ( use of actors from the movie ) + kool new moves + loose ' GTA ' type feel to the interface - side missions are very repetitive - some side missions are pointless ( stolen fruit pie ) - wiiMote motion is not always accurate - ' bonus ' at the end of the game is not worth the effort - fighting becomes ' button mashing ' ( it feels like you could do any motion with the wiiMote and fight ) - graphics are weak - not long for dialogue to get repetitive and annoying - camera angles are awkward at times which hinder / cost you a fight = Fun game but the repetitiveness and unresponsiveness makes it frustrating to play through and finish the game. If you are a fan then you might enjoy it in spite of it's flaws. Expand
  5. M.E.
    Oct 9, 2007
    I do not like this game at all. The controls are a little messed up but i only find trouble when climbing the wall. When I first got wii I had a choice of which game to get. I really enjoyed spiderman 2 on ps2 so i got sm3. I MADE THE WRONG CHOICE. It is not nearly as good (In saying that some people didn't even like the second) I do not enjoy it at all. And cars don't stop for I do not like this game at all. The controls are a little messed up but i only find trouble when climbing the wall. When I first got wii I had a choice of which game to get. I really enjoyed spiderman 2 on ps2 so i got sm3. I MADE THE WRONG CHOICE. It is not nearly as good (In saying that some people didn't even like the second) I do not enjoy it at all. And cars don't stop for you. I find it not boring but not fun. Definitly for certain kinds of people. Expand
    Jul 27, 2007
    This game was decent, fun controls, didnt really like the story though.
  7. thisgameisprettygood
    May 20, 2007
    Okay. Good: fun controlls, fun swinging mechanics, many moves, large city, your frigg'n spiderman, some boss fights are really unique Bad: Very similar to spiderman 2. Controls take long to master, undergound areas are pointless because of no room for swinging, bad voice acting, bad story, so-so graphics, empty city. Amazingly, this game is still great fun.
  8. LukeM.
    May 15, 2007
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  9. JoeF.
    May 7, 2007
    This game wasn't even worth renting! Horrible graphics, story and gameplay. It really seems this game was rushed in order to make it out on time with the film. I played about 45% of the game until I had enough of the same. Saving fruit pies from mobsters is not what I had in mind for a spidey adventure. Complete dissapointment!
  10. WillyT
    May 6, 2007
    Critics have too high of standards when it comes to wii games. they're more worried about graphics and not about the "fun factor" a game has. But I digress. This isn't a perfect game, but at least it's fun, that's something you can't say about most "movie" based games. Well, that's my comment.
  11. HenryI.
    May 5, 2007
    wiimote swinging more than makes up for the lower quality graphics. Gang war system keeps me playing after story is done.
  12. audiotheory
    May 5, 2007
    This is a shockingly extreme example of a game that was released way before it should have been. This of course is down to the publisher and $350 million movie tie in. I bought it the day it came out and took it back an hour later, demanding a refund and refusing to leave the store until I was given one. I suggest you do the same if you have already made the mistake of buying this based This is a shockingly extreme example of a game that was released way before it should have been. This of course is down to the publisher and $350 million movie tie in. I bought it the day it came out and took it back an hour later, demanding a refund and refusing to leave the store until I was given one. I suggest you do the same if you have already made the mistake of buying this based on the (limited) previews or the quality of Spiderman 2. I won't bother going into why this is such an incomplete game - just read any of the negative reviews it has received and take them very seriously. The reviewers that have given this a decent score are very obviously in the pocket of activision (and/or smoking crack). I can not stress enough how much of a travesty this game is. Avoid like the plague. Expand
  13. mikes
    May 5, 2007
    The graphics look about on par with an Atari Jaguar game from 1993, yet the framerate is inexplicably low. Controls feel tacked on and are often completely unresponsive -- an exercise in frustration. This is nothing but shovelware --- grab the Gamecube version of Spiderman 2 if you want to play a Spiderman game on your Wii.
  14. Apr 28, 2014

#46 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007

1. Slinging webs is an accelerated, exhilaration-pushing experience that offsets the return of an old and repetitive combat engine. Wii players have the benefit of using their remotes to attack, which sharply cuts the repetition tied to pressing one button thirty million times.
    The sub-par visual presentation really hurts; the Wii version chugs with an inconsistent framerate despite lots of city pop- up and the fact that many 3D structures lack textures completely when viewed at a distance. The battle system, in spite of some gameplay- enhancing upgrades, feels clunky and unrefined. And many of the story arcs, while original, are neither very interesting nor very well executed.
  3. Vicarious Visions has worked very hard on this title to ensure that it utilizes the unique control scheme of the Wii in the best way possible, and they have succeeded. The city is bigger and the storyline is expanded to take advantage of that.