Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels Wii

7.1

1. RobertS
    Nov 28, 2008
    Oh my... I had such high hopes for this title. Especially after loving Wii: Force Unleashed! Now this "Clown Wars" game is apparently from the same developer (Krome?) yet it's truly unbelievable how they could get it so wrong. It's incredibly repetitive & boring beyond belief. I want to feel like a cool Jedi, but I've never been so bored playing a Wii title before. This has Oh my... I had such high hopes for this title. Especially after loving Wii: Force Unleashed! Now this "Clown Wars" game is apparently from the same developer (Krome?) yet it's truly unbelievable how they could get it so wrong. It's incredibly repetitive & boring beyond belief. I want to feel like a cool Jedi, but I've never been so bored playing a Wii title before. This has completely ruined by faith in Lucas Arts. Raise the bar with Force Unleashed, then take those mechanics and mess them up as much as humanly possible. 0/10. Discgraceful. Collapse
  2. DecepticonPom
    Mar 19, 2009
    Tedious and unevocative. I completed it within 3 hours.
  3. Rem
    Jul 11, 2013
    Lightsaber Duels does nothing more than drop a bunch of characters from the Star Wars universe and pits them on a 1 on 1 lightsaber battle. Sounds cool right? It's executed poorly and looks as if it were only an easy cash in for unsuspecting younger audiences. I played through the whole game thinking there was strategy, but I did much better simply waggling the controller. The graphics areLightsaber Duels does nothing more than drop a bunch of characters from the Star Wars universe and pits them on a 1 on 1 lightsaber battle. Sounds cool right? It's executed poorly and looks as if it were only an easy cash in for unsuspecting younger audiences. I played through the whole game thinking there was strategy, but I did much better simply waggling the controller. The graphics are sharp though and particle effects are not too shabby. What's truly insulting however, is the amount of content. With barely 10 characters to choose from, only a handful of stages, and absolutely no multiplayer, I burned through all the game had to offer in 25 minutes. Does that sound like a good way to spend $50? The force is not with this one. Expand

#33 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#28 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

The shallow fighting system, the teenage snark and animation won't impress older fans of the series, but it's good fun for younger Jedis in training.
    It's the closest a videogame has come to giving players mastery of the ultimate sci-fi weapon, though the controls are so simple, and the story and multiplayer options so lacking, that it will likely appeal only to the same young boys as the film, which hits homevideo this week.
    Lightsaber Duels may not be exactly what fans were clamoring for when Nintendo unveiled the Wii's lightsaber-esque controllers, but it's still quite enjoyable. The single-player experience won't last you long, though, so you might not want to invest in the game unless you plan on playing with a buddy.