7.9

1. Fryfat
    Aug 29, 2008
    I demoed the Wii version and the PS3 version at a recent tech show. Hands down, the PS3 was the superior game. Do not be fooled by the gimmick nature of the Wii remote. I think it is a great game, but needs to be played on either a XBOX360 or PS3 to really achieve full enjoyment.
  2. GraigS.
    Sep 28, 2008
    In a way. it's a good idea for a game. The character designs are cool, the voice acting is good. the cinematic sequences are good. Where this game fails is the game part. It's just not fun. Instead of using standard game play elements to kill bosses you use this sequence where you have to shake the wiimote, or shake the nunchuck. you have to shake the correct ones in order that In a way. it's a good idea for a game. The character designs are cool, the voice acting is good. the cinematic sequences are good. Where this game fails is the game part. It's just not fun. Instead of using standard game play elements to kill bosses you use this sequence where you have to shake the wiimote, or shake the nunchuck. you have to shake the correct ones in order that it displays on the screen, and then you beat the boss. That's the part that kills it for me. Having to do that makes it a good cinematic sequence, but a terrible game. The other part is the attacks aren't very good, the control scheme is just off. here you are with a light saber. but you can only swing it once every second or so, if you wanna hit something really fast you can't. i know, this game is supposed to be more about force powers. but that gets old really fast. it's most efficient to just pick up and throw mobs into a wall. or off a cliff. Another problem with the game is that there's just no difficulty. If you die it just pops you back up again. over and over at the exact same spot you left off. the only negative is that it adds some health to the boss. but that does't even matter because you have to use the annoying sequence cinematic thing to kill the boss. Definately don't buy this before you rent it. Expand
  3. DonC.
    Sep 18, 2008
    I have the Wii version. I rate this game a four. The graphics are great. The skill progression is easy to implement but a little too simplistic. The storyline is mediocre at best. I like the cutscene style fights with bosses, God of War style. The basic controls required for those scenes make them easy, however it does allow you to pay more attention to what is happening IN the scene. I I have the Wii version. I rate this game a four. The graphics are great. The skill progression is easy to implement but a little too simplistic. The storyline is mediocre at best. I like the cutscene style fights with bosses, God of War style. The basic controls required for those scenes make them easy, however it does allow you to pay more attention to what is happening IN the scene. I am a huge Star Wars fan and LOVED the KotOR series, and this game is THE reason I bought a Wii. With all these positives to the game, "why did you rate it only a 4?" you ask? I blame Blizzard for ruining the gaming industry, because after World of Warcraft, I expect a wee bit more than just 7 hours and 36 minutes of gameplay before completing the storyline for $50... My recommendation: Rental or Used, I bought mine on tuesday, beat it on wednesday, and reserved Wrath of the Lich King with it in trade on Thursday. I hope this review helps you make your decision. -Peace out. Expand

#14 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#22 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    The multiplayer mode provides some good (if short-lived) entertainment - especially since the roster includes some fan-favorite "expanded universe" characters - but the story, the always-excellent Star Wars tunes, and the Force-powered combat are the real draws for fans. [Oct 2008, p.88]
  2. It's short and it's frustrating, but you'll still have a reasonably good time with this force-powered adventure.
  3. Nintendo Gamer
    Not an Empire Strikes Back life-changer, but a Return of hte Jedi romp. Plenty of technical hiccups, but fun is never far off. Duelling is alright, too. [Nov 2008, p.50]