7.8

1. Feb 1, 2014
    One of the best Mario games. Ignore all comments about Doki Doki Panic, as that doesn't make it a bad game. The ending is spoiled in the manual, so that's kind of weird, but its not like it was an amazing ending anyway.
  2. Dec 4, 2013
    Despite not being similar to the other Super Mario Bros games on NES, it's still fun, very fun. This is one of the best NES games ever made, the only other game so far that I like more then this on NES is Super Mario Bros 3.
  3. Nov 9, 2013
    I know, this may be the western version of Doki Doki Panic, but I can still call it a Mario game. A great one, at that. The level design was great, and it was simply a blast to play.
  4. Jul 20, 2013
    I'm going to say a bold statement: THIS IS THE BEST MARIO GAME OF THE FIRST THREE INSTALLMENTS. Yes, it took inspiration from Doki Doki Panic, but is in fact the true sequel. Nintendo wanted a new mechanic, and it was the same as Doki Doki Panic, so they utilized the game engine and what not. This game is full of whimsy and of secrets. Need I say more?
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    This wasn't designed to be a Mario game, and it doesn't fit very well with the rest of the Marios in terms of playing style, enemies, etc. However, it's still a fun game with interesting bosses and challenging levels. While not a must like the first and third games, Mario 2 is a lot of fun.
  6. May 17, 2012
    Super Mario Bros. 2 is a good game, even if it does play differently. Sure, it wasn't the real Mario 2, but who cares. The game has aged OK, and you get to play as 4 different characters. The game is good!
  7. Jan 25, 2012
    While some might not consider this a true mario game it is very fun and something new that actually works as this will have you playing for hours with it's gameplay, graphics, and secrets.
  8. Dec 26, 2011
    Yes, this was copied from a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. No, it doesn't matter. It's still a good game. Anyone rating this game low is a relatively new gamer who is under the false impression that the "h4rdc0r3" stance is to not like this game. The truth is that this is a great game. 4 characters to play as, and 7 worlds with 3 levels each (except for the last world which only hasYes, this was copied from a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. No, it doesn't matter. It's still a good game. Anyone rating this game low is a relatively new gamer who is under the false impression that the "h4rdc0r3" stance is to not like this game. The truth is that this is a great game. 4 characters to play as, and 7 worlds with 3 levels each (except for the last world which only has 2), interesting warp zones, bosses that actually have unique patterns unlike in most Mario games which just have a similar boss repeated over and over again, and unique mechanics that we don't see in most Mario games, such as the charge jump, the mask that chases you for finding the key, the ability to pick up smaller enemies and vegetation to use as projectiles, and probably many more that I could come up with. This was just off the top of my head, if I went and played the game all the way through then did this review, I'm sure I could come up with much more. Don't knock this game just because it's copied from Doki Doki Panic. What does that even tell you about the gameplay? Absolutely nothing. That's a factor outside of the game, completely irrelevant to gameplay, and it doesn't actually have anything to do with a sane person's enjoyment of the game. It would be like if you loved a particular type of food, then someone informed you that that food came from a country that you didn't like so you stopped eating it and desperately tried to convince yourself that you didn't like it anymore. Expand
  9. Sep 13, 2011
    Super Mario Bros 2 is a great platformer being fun, challenging and full of creative ideas. Much of the character, level, and enemy design of later Mario games comes from Super Mario Bros 2, and while it was a departure from the now established Mario formula, it still is great and your kidding yourself if you say otherwise.
  10. May 26, 2011
    Although not a "true" Mario game (This is a Mariofied version of a Japanese-only game Doki Doki Panic), this game offers unique gameplay (throwing vegetables to knock enemies silly) and great platforming make this a must-play/buy.

There are no critic reviews yet.