8.7

1. Dec 9, 2011
    I consider this the best 2D Mario game. The mechanics, the level design, the clever enemy and obstacle placement, the item storing system, the interesting themes to each world, everything about this game is the best you will see in a 2D Mario.
  2. Sep 13, 2011
    Super Mario Bros 3 is often debated to be the BEST video game of the 8-bit generation! It's a timeless masterpiece, full of innovation, surprises and will be fun forever. Mario 3 is one of the first games I will recommend to retro gamers and will forever be remember as one of the greatest video games ever made. Amen.
  3. Feb 25, 2011
    After 22 years this is still seen as the best Super Mario Bros. game of all time and the best title on the NES. A true master piece, what's offered on the Virtual Console is a pixel perfect port that carries over everything from the original and adds a much needed save feature through an option with the Wii software. I really have nothing bad to say about this game. It still stands as the panicle of what 2D platformers aspire to be. Accessible to all ages and deep enough for the big kid in all of us. Expand
  4. May 26, 2011
    Mario at his greatest, this game dominated the NES era and still dominates today. Top-notch graphics, silly power-ups, and great challenges make this game a masterpiece. I love you, Miyamoto.
  5. Dec 30, 2012
    Super Mario Bros 3 is the essential NES game, taking everything that made the original a classic. If Super Mario Bros. is the Godfather of gaming, this is the Godfather Part II.
  6. May 17, 2012
    Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best 2D Mario game I've ever played and definetly the best NES game. The game was very legendary and still holds a place in my heart. This game is great.
  7. Jul 18, 2012
    Such a classic. Although I also love the first Super Mario Bros., this comes in as my very favorite of the old-school Super Mario Bros. games. The raccoon suit, hammer brothers suit, all the variety in the levels . . . not to mention how cool the airship levels are. Just a great game from beginning to end.
  8. Jun 15, 2013
    Although I appreciate SMB 3's place in gaming history, the Wii Shop port of this classic NES title is surprisingly poor. Come on NOA! Solid controls and for the most part good ol' 8-bit graphics... but there are glitches off to the right of the screen and there is a solid (and ugly) permanent line off to the left. These glitches were not present in the original. One of the best games of all time, until now. Expand
  9. Oct 26, 2013
    Being the greatest game in the 90's by a lot of people, I can certainly agree.

Gameplay
    This game is the Mario norm, except for a few things. For example, the world map being introduced to the Mario series. But by far, the most iconic aspect of the game is the crapton of powerups. I mean, we have the Leaf, the Frog Suit, the Hammer Suit, and the king of them all, the Tanooki Suit.

Graphics
    While graphics are FAR from the most important aspect of a game, the graphics are very detailed.

Level Design
    The level design has a VERY soft spot in my heart. Every level is very interesting. Especially the first level. Hell, I've played that level after time runs out.
  10. Feb 28, 2014
    A masterpiece and a perfect video game. I may prefer 2, but this game has a multiplayer(ish) which 2 could have done. The graphics are great for NES and the gameplay is great.

There are no critic reviews yet.