9.1

1. Nov 27, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy was innovative but his second game was one more of the same. The only thing that was new was the Yoshi and even then it can only be used at some stages. There are many bosses who were the first game and were reused in this game which is disappointing when you expect something new. It's a fun game but expected more from him.
  2. Oct 22, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy Expansion Pack is a copy/paste sequel of the original. Aside from a few new powers and Yoshi which are around for less than a quarter of the game there's really nothing this game adds to the formula. Most of the levels are slightly upgraded from the originals or the exact same, only a few songs in the game are original, and the difficulty was nonexistent. This was thanks to game holding your hand the entire way through. I hate to see Mario's image for innovation dragged through the dirt, but Miyamoto apparently doesn't care. Instead of a great sequel that expands on the original like Super Mario Sunshine, we're given a slightly touched up version that fails to convey the sense that you're in space like the original, to provide a fair difficulty level, or any difficulty for that matter, and to provide any originality. Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2013
    The space where it was possible to move always seemed to be very small. Almost felt like a converted 2d game. The gravity didnt feel like a good instalment in the series, mostly irritating to be honest. I wasnt a great fan of the motion control either, felt very duckt taped and gimmicky. I hope they will let us choose the wii u pro controller for the next game. Sometimes you just want to lay still in the couch or bed without waving your hands in the air. The art style left nothing to complain about, lovely colours as usual. The setting in space didnt really appeal to me though, but it wasnt too bad since it had many places that wasnt too "spacey". The graphics left much to wish for, but it wasnt much they could do with that hardware. It does look significantly better on dolphin emulator with upscaling and some minor graphic tweaks. An OK game, but the Galaxy instalment is by far the worst in the series. Id much rather see a real sequel to Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine. This concept doesnt feel like it would entertain in a new game and missed that Mario feeling to it. Its obvious that this game was a hit among the new and younger crowd. I hope that they get to experience Mario 64 some day. I think theyll be blown away! Expand
  4. Mar 3, 2013
    Worst Mario game Ive played, along with the first Galaxy. I didnt like the setting in space, the lack of "open world" environments. Mario is the one game where the concept cant change too much. We need the castle, the green grass, the classic water levels etc. This felt much more sterile. The motion controls wasnt fitting in this game, it felt very gimmicky. The spin move would have felt more natural to do with a button, which would have made it more precise.

Mario 64 remains unbeaten.
  5. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is basically a waste of money in my opinion. I am truly saying this because I believe it is one of the most overrated games out there. I love how people always complain when games are copied and pasted, but except when Mario does it, it suddenly gets a free pass. I have played many Mario games, and the majority of the maps I can memorize from other games, and somehow no one notices it, and it makes me feel like the majority of Mario games are completely forgotten.

The game is way too easy, and I can say that many people want to play a game just for fun, and I can agree with that, but I do not prefer it in any way.

I hate this game on so many levels, and when Super Mario Galaxy 3 comes out, I'm not spending a pennies worth.
  6. Jun 5, 2013
    I called the last one "original", this one... (sigh). I don't know if they intended this game to be EXACTLY the same as the first, than they got it right, but they completely screwed this one up. The plot is the same as the last one, the combat is the same as well and now repetitive, and everything in this game is EASY! I finished the game in under 5-hours easily without any help what-so-ever! This game was all copy n' paste! Mario is now a dead franchise and it should stay dead after this disaster! Expand

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.