9.1

1. Jun 24, 2012
    At last, a game that managed to do the Mario justice. After multiple attempts to succeed Super Mario 64 including a return to 2D, strapping a water gun to Mario's back(?) and even a typing game(dafuq), a game called Super Mario Galaxy struck gold. It returned to the detailed and well designed enviornments and likeable characters and dialogue. Then, this game did the impossible. It made aAt last, a game that managed to do the Mario justice. After multiple attempts to succeed Super Mario 64 including a return to 2D, strapping a water gun to Mario's back(?) and even a typing game(dafuq), a game called Super Mario Galaxy struck gold. It returned to the detailed and well designed enviornments and likeable characters and dialogue. Then, this game did the impossible. It made a good direct Mario sequel. Now, as you may be wondering, how do I manage to give this game a score of 9 while everything about it is good. Well, I think it's time we admit it. Wii controls are holding it back. The traditional tight Mario controls were replaced with swinging the remote around wildly to hopefully hit some Stars.

9/10, though I would give it a 9.3 if possible on the scale
  2. Jun 15, 2012
    SMG2 may have lot of oldschool approach to menus, voices, childish dialogues etc. but it's simply brilliant at it's core, platforming mechanics. Play this, and you'll feel what what was it like when platformers ruled the world :).
  3. Jun 7, 2012
    This game feels like it should have been DLC. there is just a severe lack of new content here, if you played the first game then there's no reason to buy this game.
  4. Mar 21, 2013
    It sucks to be a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, but SMG2 almost tops its predecessor. The level design is still some of the best in any video game, much of it is owed to the new powerups and the addition of Yoshi. The graphics push the Wii to its limits both in detail and style, and it's hard to find a game that looks better on any platform. The orchestral themes are back,It sucks to be a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, but SMG2 almost tops its predecessor. The level design is still some of the best in any video game, much of it is owed to the new powerups and the addition of Yoshi. The graphics push the Wii to its limits both in detail and style, and it's hard to find a game that looks better on any platform. The orchestral themes are back, but many are reused or sound extremely similar to the ones in the original. Also, instead of a cute side story and unique, fully realized hub world like Galaxy 1, you get to explore Mario's head and go through a boring world/level map. So all in all, Galaxy 2 is a must-have game and stands tall as one of the best on Wii but like I said earlier: doesn't quite top Galaxy. Expand
  5. Aug 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That score over there is a huge understatement

Simply unbelievable. SMG2 is definitely the best game on the Wii, the best Mario game ever made, and maybe even the best thing Nintendo's even worked on. I don't think there's ever been a game where every single thing matched perfectly. The graphics are by far the best you're going to find on the Wii (Cosmic Cove Galaxy, anyone?), the music is only bested by the original Galaxy (Melty Monster Galaxy, Space Storm Galaxy, Sky Station), the design is just...beautiful (Melty Monster Galaxy, Flip-Out Galaxy). There's no other way to put it. Even that fat purple thing was hilarious.

I don't think there's ever been a game where the term "must-have" fits the description of the game better than Galaxy 2 does. If you own a Wii, you absolutely need this game. Even if you don't have a Wii, go out and buy one along with SMG2. You'll thank me later.
  6. Mar 11, 2013
    I cannot come close to explaining how good this game is, but i can say that it is one of the few games that actually deserves the constant 10s from user scores. The only other game that comes close to it's level is the original Super Mario Galaxy. If you own a Wii it is a crime not to have this game, if you do not have a Wii you need to get one just so you can play this game.
  7. Oct 28, 2012
    The graphics are so sharp. The gameplay is simply fun and awesome platforming 3D. More galaxies, with Yoshi, and great story. This sequel of Super Mario Galaxy must be in your hands!
  8. Nov 10, 2012
    The definition of a perfect game. The culmination of Nintendo's game design skills in the decade's finest game. The gameplay is brilliant, and the creativity and enjoyment in levels is unrivaled. The second best game on Wii, second only to the legendary The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
    Truly a must-have for all Wii owners. A must-have for all people.
  9. Nov 5, 2012
    Many would believe it not possible to improve upon the original game, but sure enough Super Mario Galaxy 2 does. everything about this game is flawless, gameplay, music, controls, are all delightful. Nintendo shows that a sequel can be better than its predecessor in the most compelling way. One of my favorite games of all time. 10/10
  10. Nov 16, 2012
    Calling this the best Wii game, Nintendo game and Mario game are all under-statements. This is, in-fact, the best video game ever made. The game-play is solid along with its creativity. With its mesmerizing soundtrack, vivid graphics and clever level design - the Mario magic still lives. It's hard to imagine a game that could possibly be any better.
  11. Dec 2, 2012
    A game you will never want to put down,Super Mario Galaxy 2 lives up to the original.Take brilliant gameplay throw in the best graphics on Wii and the best music in a game I have ever heard and you've got this game,the best game of 2010 and the best game on wii(other than super smash bros brawl).you'll be playing this long after the wii u comes out and many generations of consoles as well
  12. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. the level design is fantastic and unique. to all the people saying this game is overrated you can all go chug a FAT FAT DICK!!!!
  13. Jan 26, 2013
    Two major things. 1. This game is the current pinnacle of 3D Mario games that is a must for all Wii owners. 2. Do not play this one before the first. I made the mistake of playing this game before the first, and it made going back to the first hard. The reason? The galaxy (level) layout is radically different -- it took me a while to get into the first because of this fact. Otherwise, anTwo major things. 1. This game is the current pinnacle of 3D Mario games that is a must for all Wii owners. 2. Do not play this one before the first. I made the mistake of playing this game before the first, and it made going back to the first hard. The reason? The galaxy (level) layout is radically different -- it took me a while to get into the first because of this fact. Otherwise, an amazingly done game--easily one of my top 5 all time favorites. Expand
  14. May 5, 2013
    I'm not a huge Mario fan, but it's impossible for me to not give this a 10, it was just so expertly made that it was so much fun to play. It also has a crazy amount of extra content after you beat the final boss.
  15. Feb 9, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is awesome. its fun to play.I loved the music.the power ups were great and there was so much to do.i completed 100% of the game and never got bored.this was my first super Mario.
  16. Apr 4, 2013
    Put simply; this is the best Wii game available. And to me, personally, the beat Mario game. The levels are cool, fun, creative. New powers are awesome. End of story. Go play this game
  17. Apr 5, 2013
    It's second game of the greatest series of this generation. The level design and everything else is above perfect. Nunchuck doesn't give you the great angle to control Mario at first but once you get used to it goes smoothly.
  18. May 3, 2013
    This game is great and has all of the really good attributes of Super Mario Galaxy (see my review of Super Mario Galaxy). There are quite a few new things such as Cloud Mario, Rock Mario and Yoshi is new and has heaps of cool powers. Two player mode is really good. Some levels are really hard to complete.The game is like a mystery because there are secret stars you need to find.
  19. ERB
    Nov 22, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is back with It's new game Super Mario Galaxy 2.This game pretty much improved upon the original.The graphics is the first thing.This game's graphics are beautiful than any other games I played in 2010.The world is beautiful and creative which is awesome.The game play comes second the game is fun and entertaining and rising as the best Mario game ever.The game is fun andSuper Mario Galaxy is back with It's new game Super Mario Galaxy 2.This game pretty much improved upon the original.The graphics is the first thing.This game's graphics are beautiful than any other games I played in 2010.The world is beautiful and creative which is awesome.The game play comes second the game is fun and entertaining and rising as the best Mario game ever.The game is fun and I just love this game and in my opinion there is no smart people in our planet who thinks that this game is boring which is not.The game is fun especially when you are playing with your friends.And I promise you guys you will have a great time with your friends if you play this game with them.The story line comes third.The story is really not interesting and memorable but the story is just ignored so It really does not matter.But who cares this game is entertaining and fun so the story doesn't really matter.The world in this game is beautiful and It is probably one of the best looking game in this generation.I love this game and It gets a 9/10 from me If the story line was good it should have got a 10/10 from me.This game is entertaining and I highly recommend you people to buy this game and try playing It.Have a great time and I hope I get many likes in my review. Expand
  20. May 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played! The soundtrack of this game is addictions, the Wii Remote is particularly useful, and I haven't had any unfair death or glitch. If anyone thinks that Nintendo is terrible and unoriginal, go and pick up this game and play it. It is worth it.
  21. Jan 9, 2015
    This game is an improvement to the original in every way. Seriously, besides how short it was, this game is perfect. Great level design, perfect controls, breathtaking graphics, beautiful music. The boss fights are all creative and original. Everything in this game is imaginative, from the levels to the power-ups. A little bit more linear than one with its level selection, not that that'sThis game is an improvement to the original in every way. Seriously, besides how short it was, this game is perfect. Great level design, perfect controls, breathtaking graphics, beautiful music. The boss fights are all creative and original. Everything in this game is imaginative, from the levels to the power-ups. A little bit more linear than one with its level selection, not that that's a bad thing. If you are even slightly a platforming/Mario fan, this is a must own. The only reason not to play this game is if you really hate platforming games. Other than that, just try it out and see for yourself. Hopefully your experience will be just as good as mine. Expand
  22. Oct 23, 2013
    I like the original more but this a great sequel to game everything that was Great in the first game is back and with more galaxy's, enemies, and power ups even if you haven't played the first game or a Mario game in general if you have a Wii then get this game.
  23. Jul 5, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is by far the greatest game I've ever played.

It's not about amazing stories or graphics but simple gameplay. Of course SMG2 is absolutely beautiful and colorfull but that's not the point.

Showing new habilities, a scheme control that is totally perfect and some level designs that I have never seen in my entire life.
  24. Aug 26, 2013
    Where do I even begin? This is an incredible game, which is even better than the original Super Mario Galaxy. And Super Mario Galaxy was absolutely amazing. The thing that makes galaxy 2 successful is that it takes all the creativity that made Galaxy a superb game and not only expands on it, but completely reinvents it. The basic goal of each level is the same- grab that power star. ButWhere do I even begin? This is an incredible game, which is even better than the original Super Mario Galaxy. And Super Mario Galaxy was absolutely amazing. The thing that makes galaxy 2 successful is that it takes all the creativity that made Galaxy a superb game and not only expands on it, but completely reinvents it. The basic goal of each level is the same- grab that power star. But Galaxy 2 throws in so many new elements as well as keeping the old ones.
    Each galaxy has a particular theme that is fully stretched to all its potential- such as the shiverburn galaxy, a mix of lava and ice, with bliss platforming so perfectly crafted. Then there's the Cosmic Cove galaxy, so damn pretty it's a shame the wii isn't HD. And then there's the chompworks galaxy, a sort of intergalactic chomp factory. Throughout the 49 galaxies, you'll meet interesting and eccentric characters, and run round planets, puzzles and enemies that are full of beauty and creativity. The storyline doesn't even matter- it's the characters in it that are important in Galaxy 2. They're funny, full of eccentricity and you always want more of them. Each galaxy has a unique concept that often could be made into an entirely new videogame! The gravity-defying mechanic of galaxy is used in a variety of interesting ways, and the camera rarely lets you down.
    The bosses are challenging and it's up to you to figure out how to defeat them.
    What makes galaxy 2 so incredible is a,so that galaxy's very few issues are addressed. There weren't many of them, but there were certainly fun. The first was getting to the levels: It was cumbersome and annoying trying to get round the observatory. Now, all the levels are in the same place, easily accessible.
    Another problem had been comet levels. These special twists appeared in galaxies and replaced all the levels until you completed it. In galaxy 2, it doesn't replace the levels, and the only way to unlock these extra levels is to collect the comet medals- one in each galaxy. They offer a superb challenge to completionists.
    Galaxy 2 also lets you know when you've passed a checkpoint, unlike galaxy, when you didn't know if you'd restart from the start of the level or halfway through. Galaxy 2 also doubles the amount of the stars to collect, thanks to a secret that will reveal 120 bonus stars.
    The graphics are also incredible and spectacular- it's a feast for the eyes- and the music is played by an orchestra, which really conveys both the loneliness and vadtness of space. The music and graphics both are simply beautiful.
    Gakaxy 2 is the sequel we all wanted.
  25. Aug 6, 2013
    The sequel does well and even better than its predecessor! I would've given it a perfect score if only they included a hub area instead of a map-based level system, but that's only a minuscule element to worry about, as the levels in this sequel are much more challenging and much more fun! Well done on the sequel Nintendo!
  26. Sep 12, 2013
    I got really excited when I first heard that Nintendo was going to make a sequel to Super Mario Galaxy. When I finally played this game, I really loved it. Score: 5/5.
  27. Oct 18, 2013
    Once upon a time, I was a kid. And I stayed up all night, on May 23, 2010, waiting for more information on the game. I wasn't disappointed. The game was just as beautiful as the first, but with some of our favorite old content added (Yoshi, for one), yet still adding new ideas the scene. Amazing music, and while the graphics were not eye-popping, they were still great. I feel like this wasOnce upon a time, I was a kid. And I stayed up all night, on May 23, 2010, waiting for more information on the game. I wasn't disappointed. The game was just as beautiful as the first, but with some of our favorite old content added (Yoshi, for one), yet still adding new ideas the scene. Amazing music, and while the graphics were not eye-popping, they were still great. I feel like this was Nintendo's last good Mario game everything since then has been the same cookie-cutter 2D game (even Super Mario 3D Land was like it) and you really got a sense of exploration. What's the gimmick in this galaxy? What's the next planet? What's behind that hill or tree? This is what we're missing in the new games. Expand
  28. Nov 17, 2013
    Perfect!!! A beautiful, clever, perfectly balanced 3D platformer. I did not play it with the "classic" style hand held controller so I don't know how it felt with the WII Mote.
  29. Nov 21, 2013
    epic game from start to finish. Each level is unique and smart beyond any level design seen in any other game. The fun factor remains insanely high except for 1 or 2 levels where there is a high increas in difficulity level. but in all, its really the best game out there.
  30. Nov 21, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is probably the nest game made for the Wii. Why you ask? Well, the graphics are incredible, the music is very catchy, and there are 242 stars to collect. The first galaxy game at 120! The galaxies are also easier to find because of the smaller, yet enjoyable hub world. If you own a Wii, this is a must have game.
  31. Nov 26, 2013
    Innovavite level design.Tight Controls.Basic but challenging gameplay makes Super Mario Galaxy 2 not only a superb sequel but a proof that games are art
  32. Nov 26, 2013
    While lacking the story of the first game, this one more than makes up for it with some of the best gameplay I've ever seen in a Mario game, especially with the always-welcome Yoshi.
  33. Dec 3, 2013
    At this point I'm entirely convinced that if you own a Nintendo Wii, you absolutely must experience the Super Mario Galaxy series. The sequel, while not as entirely original as the first, does everything right (and then some). The controls are perfect, and never falter. I can't think of a single time I blamed the controls for my inability to stay alive. Plus, the game has something forAt this point I'm entirely convinced that if you own a Nintendo Wii, you absolutely must experience the Super Mario Galaxy series. The sequel, while not as entirely original as the first, does everything right (and then some). The controls are perfect, and never falter. I can't think of a single time I blamed the controls for my inability to stay alive. Plus, the game has something for everyone. Casual players will enjoy the moderate challenge necessary to merely beat the game, though those looking for a more refined experience will appreciate the fact that the game keeps on going, well past the game's ending. Expand
  34. Dec 3, 2013
    Nintendo has matched the perfection of the original Super Mario Galaxy with this equally amazing game. With more power ups, the additions of Yoshi and Luigi, and some truly spectacular level design, Super Mario Galaxy is one hell of a game.
  35. Jan 9, 2014
    Do you know how hard it is for an already perfect game to be improved on? This game did, and it did it in spades. Everything that was perfect about Galaxy was improved in Galaxy 2. While this game is an improvement, and it does not have the charm the original Galaxy hard, but that does not stop it from being one of the best sequels to a game of all time, not by a landshot.
  36. Jan 22, 2014
    One of my MOST favorite games on the Wii, besides Super Smash Bros. Brawl. OK, lemme think. there's graphics, sound, difficulty, addictiveness, depth, story and that's about all that i remember. The graphics were totally awesome. The lighting is totally in match. Every thing's highly animated and best of all, it can ALWAYS run 60 fps. The sound was made by an orchestra. could it sound anyOne of my MOST favorite games on the Wii, besides Super Smash Bros. Brawl. OK, lemme think. there's graphics, sound, difficulty, addictiveness, depth, story and that's about all that i remember. The graphics were totally awesome. The lighting is totally in match. Every thing's highly animated and best of all, it can ALWAYS run 60 fps. The sound was made by an orchestra. could it sound any better? everything sounds like it should. Yoshi's funny voice is there. Charles Martinet did an excellent job doing Mario. so and, oh, the graphics and sound are 10. OK now the difficulty. the difficulty pays a lot of homage to Super Mario 64, with a lot of Game Overs in hand. the controls are as easy as heck, though. Addictiveness makes me want to play that all day when i start up the game. i love the side quests and stuff. the depth makes this a good game to come back and do more with. SM 64 never had a secret universe, and actually just had a connected quest with the keys from Bowser. The quest in here can make it playable over, over, and OVER again. the story seems quite normal, but has a bigger twist to it. every thing's a 10, whereas story is a 9.5 for hanging on interest this time. Expand
  37. Feb 8, 2014
    Very amazing 3d models and beautiful environments, a eloquent orchestrated soundtrack, and nearly perfect controls and diverse power up really makes Super Mario Galaxy 2 one of the best games on the wiki. Hell, you can argue it's the best Mario game ever...
  38. Mar 8, 2014
    Better than its predecessor is what everyone says, and boy are they right. Improving gameplay, visuals, power-ups, and getting the MARIO series most important characters, Mario, Luigi & Yoshi back together again to save not just their world, but the whole universe from Bowser Koopa, SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 easily destroys its predecessor and all other games as the best videogame of all time.
  39. Apr 13, 2014
    Like it's predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is another masterpiece created by the genius minds at Nintendo, however as much as I love this game, I think I may actually still like the first game better which may be saying a lot since a lot of people prefer this game over the first. I do love this game, I think there is some fantastic gameplay and levels. I also love that Yoshi is playableLike it's predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is another masterpiece created by the genius minds at Nintendo, however as much as I love this game, I think I may actually still like the first game better which may be saying a lot since a lot of people prefer this game over the first. I do love this game, I think there is some fantastic gameplay and levels. I also love that Yoshi is playable in this, he controls great and this is probably one of his best appearances in a Mario game. Cool atmospheres are also present, and so much fun stars and items to collect that won me over, causing me to give this game a perfect 10/10; but there is two small details about this game that didn't seem as strong in this game as it did in the first. First off, the story; too be honest I was not impressed by this game's story, it kind of felt like a dumbed-down version of SMG1's story; I liked that the first game's story seemed more sophisticated and had some dark themes, something that this sequel's imitation story falls short on. Another thing is that the levels did feel a tad bit liner when compared to the first, there were still extremely fun at times, but it felt almost more "straight-forward" than the first. Anyway, enough of the nit-picking, these are minor things to me, but they still make me prefer the first, but I still think this game has excellent gameplay, fun challenges, beautiful music (like the first) and an experience I'll never forget. SMG2 is another essential on the Wii. Expand
  40. Aug 8, 2014
    I would rather play New. Super Luigi U, as the challenge factor in this game is very high, but has graphics that look better than HD games like CoD Black Ops and Sonic the Hedgehog (both for Xbox 360 and ps3), really fun level design and a good storyline, despite having he whole "Peach is kidnapped again and bowser has gained a new foooorm D:!!!!!!" thing that all Mario games have. AI would rather play New. Super Luigi U, as the challenge factor in this game is very high, but has graphics that look better than HD games like CoD Black Ops and Sonic the Hedgehog (both for Xbox 360 and ps3), really fun level design and a good storyline, despite having he whole "Peach is kidnapped again and bowser has gained a new foooorm D:!!!!!!" thing that all Mario games have. A pleasing experience with the best graphics ever seen on a wii game, reccomended for Nintendo fans. Expand
  41. May 25, 2014
    Nintendo hyped themselves by creating a whole new galaxy,the planets are great,the powers are great and it is one of the most re-playable and hard to complete puzzle games i have ever played
  42. Jun 2, 2014
    Although I love the first one a little more I really like this one too it's a very good sequel and very detailed to the bone and improved from the first one
  43. Jun 16, 2014
    This is a Nintendo Masterpiece, up there with Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has the best graphics to be seen on the Wii, precise and accurate control, and such a great atmosphere that it will keep any gamer, hardcore or casual, glued to their seats wanting to play even more. The Yoshi mechanic is fun and enjoyable, the new hub, called the Faceship, is of greatThis is a Nintendo Masterpiece, up there with Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has the best graphics to be seen on the Wii, precise and accurate control, and such a great atmosphere that it will keep any gamer, hardcore or casual, glued to their seats wanting to play even more. The Yoshi mechanic is fun and enjoyable, the new hub, called the Faceship, is of great detail and has a dozen of happy Lumas, Toads, and other creatures to talk to, and the galaxies help the game become a stellar platformer. You name it, this game gets it right. I could ramble on, but I would exceed the 5000 character limit by far. So I'll conclude this by saying this: Get this game. Expand
  44. Oct 5, 2014
    An amazing and awesome platformer. Its charming, creative, and just great. The controls are tight, (And this is wii controls!) and game play never get boring with the new gameplay styles. The story is... well its Mario, so not a lot there. Save the princesses. Get bowser. Just like the first, minus Rossalina. Its just simply the first game, but better. And bigger. And, well, just pureAn amazing and awesome platformer. Its charming, creative, and just great. The controls are tight, (And this is wii controls!) and game play never get boring with the new gameplay styles. The story is... well its Mario, so not a lot there. Save the princesses. Get bowser. Just like the first, minus Rossalina. Its just simply the first game, but better. And bigger. And, well, just pure beauty. If you have a Wii, this is a must have. Expand
  45. Sep 25, 2014
    amazing game i think they did a great job of bringing back everything we loved about the older mario games the graphics are great so creative and well thought out of the placements moves great hours of fun and a challenge
  46. Sep 11, 2014
    I'll never know if "Super Mario Galaxy 2" or "Super Mario Galaxy" is better because they're both absolutely amazing. It adds so much stuff from the first one that it definitely feels new and fresh. The graphics and music are better, the gameplay is still amazing, and, even better, it could have been just a cheap cash-in, but it rivals its predecessor in almost every way. If you loved theI'll never know if "Super Mario Galaxy 2" or "Super Mario Galaxy" is better because they're both absolutely amazing. It adds so much stuff from the first one that it definitely feels new and fresh. The graphics and music are better, the gameplay is still amazing, and, even better, it could have been just a cheap cash-in, but it rivals its predecessor in almost every way. If you loved the first one, you'll love this one even more. Expand
  47. Mar 28, 2015
    Two Thumbs Up and Lets Get Playing. I love this game. it is better than the 1st. the 2nd is more organized, more harder, and even has lots or secrets and puzzles. i love this game more than the 1st.
  48. Nov 11, 2014
    More of an expansion on the original then an entire new game in all.With that said, the original game was amazing game and so is this. The cloud suit is personally one of my favourite Mario suits of all time.
  49. Nov 13, 2014
    A delightful play that stays true to the spirit of Mario, this game is admirable in the sense that it focuses not on story or cinematography (although those are good things in their own right), it follows them to be Mario, not Zelda or Assassin's Creed. The game's only focus is being a good platformer and providing the player with a fun experience, even though it seems a little lackingA delightful play that stays true to the spirit of Mario, this game is admirable in the sense that it focuses not on story or cinematography (although those are good things in their own right), it follows them to be Mario, not Zelda or Assassin's Creed. The game's only focus is being a good platformer and providing the player with a fun experience, even though it seems a little lacking compared to the original galaxy. Expand
  50. Apr 11, 2015
    Cool game! I think this is one of the best Wii games ever made. Much better than the first game, even catchier music, better graphics, and even more fun gameplay!
  51. Dec 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not only the best video taken sequel to the first one and the number one best 3D Mario game out there, also one of my favourite 3D platformers of all time. The graphics and controls were pretty much the same as it was in then original. Except there are certain improvements, even though the Ice and Flying power-ups are gone, they add new ones, Cloud, Rock and Spin Drill, Cloud Mario can do a spin to create cloud-like platforms, Rock Mario can roll crush through enemies and bowling pins in your way and Spin Drill to navigate for numerous situations which were so much fun to use, hands down, you can get Yoshi again and it was a massive improvement, not only you can eat something, you can flip through swings, pull levers and use power-ups, like float, run at high speed on walls and water, and glow on light to reveal secret pathways, now this is original. The boss battles are more fun to fight as well, more creative and challenging than ever before. The levels are twice as more creative than the first one, they have a lot of creativity and they were more fun to play, a mix of linear of non-linear worlds with missions to do in each galaxy. The music was also brilliant, it was 10 times better than its predecessor, kept all the same orchestrated and synthesised music like before, some of them are epic and majestic and others can be quite catchy and enjoyable to hear in my opinion. As well as improved challenge/difficulty. One small flaw: Eve though the Prankster Comets are quite challenging, the Cosmic Comets were the hardest, every time you get to the goal, the cosmic clones will follow you and do everything what you are doing during each Galaxy you really have to do, every time you touch it, you can either get hit or die which causes frustration in my opinion. Even worse, the Grandmaster Galaxy's final mission; The Perfect Run, the hardest mission of the entire game! You can only get one life in your health metre and every time you touch something or get hit, you die and lose a life. Even worse, they are no checkpoints, every time you die, you go all the way back to square one and start all over again!! They made one of the most frustrating levels of all 3D Mario games and could give me nightmares!! Despite this, it's a masterpiece. I gave it a 10/10 Expand
  52. Dec 22, 2014
    Ingenious game. So much creativity shines through in this classic. Not many sequels outdo its predecessor but this is one of those rare exceptions. Kudos Nintendo!
  53. Jan 10, 2015
    Super Mario Galaxy may have been the best game before 2010 but when Super Mario Galaxy 2 arrived...it defined the platforming genre...again.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 lives up to all of my expectations of a fantastic platformer and a fantastic Mario game. I honestly think it's the best game ever made. That's truly all that needs to be said. I suppose I do need to elaborate though. There isn't a single bad level in the game. None of the levels are badly designed. They may be tough and they may test your skill and patience, but that's never the game's fault. The game is entirely based on skill and not luck.

Galaxy 2's bosses are better than ever even if some of them are pretty much copied and pasted from the original game. The Bowser Jr. bosses really stand out from the rest. They are perhaps some of the most unique bosses in the Mario series. The Bowser bosses are a bit of a disappointment because they're essentially the same thing over and over again but the others more than make up for it.

There's even more Power Stars to collect than ever before and that's a good thing. The new Prankster Comets provide much more replay value and add even more challenge to an already moderately difficult game. Prankster Comets can be timed challenges, changed-up bosses, and much more. They're a genius addition to the game that makes this one of the most repayable Mario games.

Let's be honest: the Comet Observatory hub in the original Mario Galaxy was a bit confusing. The new Starship Mario hub is much simpler. Guests like Yoshi, star bunnies, and Gearmos can arrive on the ship and give you helpful tips. A new world map has been added that allows you to find the galaxies and individual levels much easier. Speaking of Yoshi, the green dino's back and thanks to the pointer controls, he's much easier to control. I'm looking forward to seeing Yoshi in more 3D platformers!

Overall, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a fantastic platformer and in my opinion, the best game ever made. Everything in it is amazing from the return of Yoshi to Starship Mario to Prankster Comets and much more!
  54. Jan 10, 2015
    Warning! Best game ever. If you loved the first Mario Galaxy, I guarantee you like this 100 times more. You have to collect 120 more stars in challenging and fun, creative levels, but even after that there's 120 more stars to collect! yes the green stars. Which are hidden in every level and are fun to find and collect. this game will blow your mind! Oh and remember Yoshi? He's back.
  55. Feb 7, 2015
    Back when I still had my Wii, this was and still is my favorite Mario game. Fascinating graphics for the time, combined with great level design and challenging levels, makes this a must-have. If you have a Wii U, I highly recommend getting it on the eShop.
  56. Mar 1, 2015
    This game is awesome! Best game on my shelf tied with Super Mario Galaxy 1. The graphics were great for the Wii,the gameplay is VERY fun,the Galaxy levels were the best. I have all 242 stars in this game. 100% completed because I love the game so much. I know I conquered the whole game, but I go back to galaxies I like because of the design. I also have Rosalina on my Starship Mario.
  57. Mar 9, 2015
    Love letter to Mario. A good amount of levels with some of the best gameplay diversity in the business. Great music from the hole series. An amazing post-game that unlocks multiple hidden stars for every level to make it perfect to put in once and a while. And really nothing can beat the pure joy that comes from playing this game.
    The few flaws are just nit-picking like the 4 lives you
    The few flaws are just nit-picking like the 4 lives you always begin with when you go into your game or the routine of getting the extra lives on your spaceship but all that goes away once you start any level as you get sucked in.
  58. Mar 21, 2015
    Everything is perfect, the controls are spot on. The graphics are really cool, the bosses are somewhat challenging and gives the player a submersive experience. The levels are really colorful and bright with creativity. The story is really interesting and the power ups make the game so much fun. This game is a must buy for everyone who owns a wii, just perfect!
  59. Apr 8, 2015
    So many sequels are awful. This one complements the first without demeaning it. I can't remember when I've ever liked a game so much, because this is the best. It's like Angry Birds Space in 3D and about infinity and a half times more impressive. Even the story line and how the levels are set up are clever.
  60. Apr 24, 2015
    This one really improved on the original. Once again, only a couple of issues. One being that logic failed the title of the game. If the game is called "Super Mario Galaxy 2", you expect it to be a sequel, but nope! Reboot to a series that only had 1 game. Really? Other then that, everything was great! To bad they removed Red Star Mario. That was my favorite... onto the next review!
  61. May 3, 2015
    Es el plataformas perfecto, no jugué al Galaxy 1, y menos mal que adquirí este juegazo por la eShop de Wii U, muchísima variedad e imprescindible para los poseedores de Wii o Wii U.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.