9.1

1. Aug 28, 2011
    Improves on the original in every way, and ways you wouldn't know possible. The addition of Yoshi, new power-ups and millions of stuff besides that makes this a huge leap forward from Galaxy 1. A must have.
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 truly is the Jewel in the Wii's Crown. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this game even more than the first one, I loved that game, even saying it was the best game on the Wii. This one is more streamlined, the levels are possibly more fun and the graphics are even better. The only thing the first one has over this is the story, but Mario games aren't amazing for thatMario Galaxy 2 truly is the Jewel in the Wii's Crown. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this game even more than the first one, I loved that game, even saying it was the best game on the Wii. This one is more streamlined, the levels are possibly more fun and the graphics are even better. The only thing the first one has over this is the story, but Mario games aren't amazing for that anyway. This seriously is the best game on the Wii. Plus, it has Yoshi, which is always good. And the boss battles with Bowser this time are incredibly epic. Everything just works so smoothly and well, Nintendo obviously put a lot of work into this masterpiece. Best game of the generation easily. Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2010
    Mario is back again in this new Galaxy game because peach has been kidnapped again, YAAY. I liked super Mario Galaxy 2 a lot, but I found the first one to be a lot better for a few reasons. In this game at times I had to change the camera angle which I never had to do in the first one, also in this game some motion control levels don't work as well as in galaxy 1, there are way too many 2dMario is back again in this new Galaxy game because peach has been kidnapped again, YAAY. I liked super Mario Galaxy 2 a lot, but I found the first one to be a lot better for a few reasons. In this game at times I had to change the camera angle which I never had to do in the first one, also in this game some motion control levels don't work as well as in galaxy 1, there are way too many 2d levels, and on top of all this long jumps are much harder to pull off then in the first. All these problems are here and are annoying but that is not to say the game is not good, the game is a blast to play both alone and with a friend in the upgraded co star multiplayer mode. Galaxy 2's levels are also still very varied and with great design, but they still are noticeably worse than the first Galaxy. If Galaxy 2 came out before Galaxy one I would have given it a better review, but the fact is Nintendo took a step back with this game. I don't dislike this game, I do still love it, but its worse than the first. Collapse
  4. May 16, 2012
    This is the best Wii game. No really, it is! If you own a Wii, your first priority should be this game. Sure, it may be a lot like the first one, but look at how many people buy CoD rehashes. I'm glad we still have games like this.
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply a master piece. Building on Super Mario Galaxy, this game ties up loose ends such as Yoshi, harder levels, more creative worlds, and a longer replay value.

Just like the first game, this game is just bounding with rich and visual colors. This is definitely the best looking Wii game so far. Again accompanied by an orchestra, comes another amazing soundtrack packed with very

Again accompanied by an orchestra, comes another amazing soundtrack packed with very memorable tunes.

Of course, gameplay is done ever better with more challenging stages and the inclusion of Yoshi is just too hard to pass up.

A definite buy for all Wii owners, this game is a master piece for all to play.
  6. Feb 12, 2012
    Truly amazing. It would be hard to find a better game than this one. One of the hardest things a game developer can do is take a game, and make a sequel directly after the first one, and make it so much better. This game is the best platformer ever, and all other platformers will be compared to it from now on. This game is a must have for any gamer, hardcore or casual.
  7. Jun 25, 2013
    The first Mario Galaxy was really hard to improve, but with this second part you have the feeling that you are in the same magical place, and even that you are in a better adventure. More original, more creative, funnier, longer... 242 stars that will take you months to get in a perfect balance of difficulty. In my opinion, the best game for Wii.
  8. Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah, It's more of the same, but who cares.
    They are giving us more of what we love.
    Everything that can be said has already been said.
    the game is as perfect as possible. If you haven't bought this already, what the heck is wring with you.
    BUY THIS GAME!!!
  9. Oct 10, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy was, at the time of it's release, the best Mario game out there. It was obvious that, after Super Mario Galaxy, it would be hard to have a Mario game as memorable as that one. Being obvious was never so wrong. Super mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game out there. Tons of contents, stunning Graphics, even if the Wii is not the most powerful console of the generation, andSuper Mario Galaxy was, at the time of it's release, the best Mario game out there. It was obvious that, after Super Mario Galaxy, it would be hard to have a Mario game as memorable as that one. Being obvious was never so wrong. Super mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game out there. Tons of contents, stunning Graphics, even if the Wii is not the most powerful console of the generation, and the best soundtrack yet (in a game, at least). Super Mario Galaxy is almost a mix of the best sategs in the Mario history... with a twist. GRAVITY!
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 brings back the amazing gameplay from the 1st one and implements the most adorable DRAGON (Yes, Yoshi is a dragon, as said by himself in the game) in space. Every mission will present you a different concept. It's either having to think very carefully before spinning so you don't make wrong jumps, or simply bouncing of fruits midair. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a game as addicting as drugs. You'll finish it, and then you'll start it all over again. The game actually challenges the hardcore players with things like the Grandmaster Galaxy, and the Prankster Comets. There is also one boss that can be quite a surprise (AND annoying). Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best Mario game EVER? Why yes, it is. Is it the best Wii Game EVER? Yup. Is it worthy of perfect score? Yes,. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even worthy of being called one of the best games in the history.
  10. Sep 5, 2012
    3D platforming at its best. The controls are precise, the graphics are vivid and they manage to create orignal puzzles. They improved everything from its predecessor, it is easily one of the best games of this generation.
  11. Dec 5, 2011
    I have been playing Nintendo games since I was 8 years old, when I was bought an NES for christmas. Super mario bros came with it, and I was instantly captivated. Me and my friends would obsessively play it for hours together...taking it in turns to see who could get furthest, or who could find a secret that none of us already knew. SO began my love of Nintendo, and Mario. It has been aI have been playing Nintendo games since I was 8 years old, when I was bought an NES for christmas. Super mario bros came with it, and I was instantly captivated. Me and my friends would obsessively play it for hours together...taking it in turns to see who could get furthest, or who could find a secret that none of us already knew. SO began my love of Nintendo, and Mario. It has been a rewarding love afair, with each game in the series capturing the same magic as that Christmas in 1989 (Except for SUper Mario Sunshine...That one was a bit ropey).

The first Super Mario Galaxy was amazing. I loved playing around with gravity, and some of the levels were expertly crafted; but...It was all a bit easy. I had come to associate Mario with a difficulty curve that catered for those of a tougher constitution. And this is where the sequal comes in. It may seem like simply a second chapter to the first game, but it is so much more. It improves upon what came before in every way. Most importantly it is a very tough cookie in places, with some of the most fiendinsh level design since the Super Mario 64.

If you consider yourself a gamer, play this game. If you are a Nintendo fan...well you must have already played and played and played it, so you know what I am talking about.
  12. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 is one of those sequels that overcome the majesty of the first game. In a single word, is an evolution of a revolution. No doubt we are facing the final platform, the best of the generation and one of the best ever. All this magnificent game makes it a Must Heave the Wii without any question. Recommended for everyone, EVERYONE, especially those who hate Mario or those whoMario Galaxy 2 is one of those sequels that overcome the majesty of the first game. In a single word, is an evolution of a revolution. No doubt we are facing the final platform, the best of the generation and one of the best ever. All this magnificent game makes it a Must Heave the Wii without any question. Recommended for everyone, EVERYONE, especially those who hate Mario or those who doubt that deserves a ten out of ten.______________________________________ Mario Galaxy 2 es una de esas secuelas que superan la majestuosidad de su antesesor. En una sola palabra, es la evolucion de una revolucion. Sin duda estamos ante el mejor plataforma de la generacion y uno de los mejores de todos los tiempos, Toda esta magnificencia de juego lo convierte en un Must Heave de la Wii sin cuestión alguna. Recomendado para todo el mundo, PARA TODOS, en especial para aquellos que dudan que merezca un 10 de 10 Expand
  13. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had an issue with the difficulty level of the original Super Mario Galaxy. It seemed like you could play through the entire game in one sitting (albeit, a very LONG sitting). With Super Mario Galaxy 2, Nintendo have actually improved on the gameplay, adding more powerups, interesting surroundings, new music and 2D inspired levels. The idea that this game was going to be released as SMG 1.5 beggars belief.

Any and all complaints regarding the original are all solved seamlessly in this (virtually new) game.

I am stuck trying for the grand-master star (1 of 2) for my final two stars. Luckily, there are TWO people who have recorded this, and posted the video on YouTube, so if you need some pointers, check them out. This may very well be the hardest platformer level ever created. After seeing the movie, you can gauge your progress through the level, because without the benefit of seeing the entire level, you have no idea how close you are to completing it (I am dangerously close).

The simple fact of the matter is: If you loved Super Mario Galaxy, you will love Super Mario Galaxy 2 MORE!

10/10 - perfection as only Shigeru Miyamoto can deliver!
  14. Dec 13, 2011
    this game is not what I was expecting. I thought there wold be more yoshi stages. but is was still kind of fun. so that is why I think it should be 7/10
  15. Oct 24, 2012
    Truly a treat to play. While there's less of an emphasis on an overarching plot like in the first Galaxy, there's much more conniving and challenging level design to offset this. Twice as lengthy and twice as difficult as its predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 delivers on nearly all accounts and is arguably the best Mario game to date. Next generation Mario has its work cut out for it.
  16. Jan 10, 2012
    Those who say this game is bad deserve to be slapped. It's a great platformer with awesome gameplay and challenges for advanced players. A true epic.
  17. Feb 20, 2012
    As close to perfection as one can possibly hope to achieve. Spectacular graphics (especially by Wii standards), a truly amazing soundtrack (contains both old and new tunes), sharp controls (as great as the original), a lengthy quest (120 stars to collect and then some), the right amount of difficulty (starts out easy but gets progressively tougher), an incredible amount of diversityAs close to perfection as one can possibly hope to achieve. Spectacular graphics (especially by Wii standards), a truly amazing soundtrack (contains both old and new tunes), sharp controls (as great as the original), a lengthy quest (120 stars to collect and then some), the right amount of difficulty (starts out easy but gets progressively tougher), an incredible amount of diversity (there is something new in practically every single mission), fantastic presentation (the minimal story works quite nicely here; you are almost always within the action of the levels), and most important of all, the gameplay itself takes fun to a whole new level (keeps what made the original great while also expanding upon it). Sure, there are some minor gripes I could complain about (it does not have the original's impact and the camera acts up about 1% of the time), but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still my favorite platformer of all time. If you own a Wii, you simply must buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. No excuses. Expand
  18. Mar 24, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is simply an amazing game that will continue to be remembered and cherished by gamers from the future. It will be remembered as the icon for the seventh generation of gaming. But what makes it this great? It's the advancement of knowledge and experience that the century-old Nintendo has. It may have taken mankind hundreds and hundreds of years to find outSuper Mario Galaxy 2 is simply an amazing game that will continue to be remembered and cherished by gamers from the future. It will be remembered as the icon for the seventh generation of gaming. But what makes it this great? It's the advancement of knowledge and experience that the century-old Nintendo has. It may have taken mankind hundreds and hundreds of years to find out that the Earth wasn't round. But it took Nintendo just a few decades to find out that games didn't need to have flat surfaces. What we loved about the original is here, up-to-date graphics, extreme detail, orchestrated soundtracks but no
    voice acting. What really makes this a legend, is the gameplay, which we'll look into, right now.

Sphere walking, gravity-defying, launching from planet-to-planet, name them all, they are all flawless on every level. It's what builds this game. The controls are fluid, the story is fast-paced and the fun-loving Lumas of space and Toads of the the Mushroom Kingdom will make the gameplay experience memorable.

It's the culmination of 25 years that evolved Mario from a plumber fixing the sewers, to a hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and also, the hero gaming. It was he that saved video gaming after the crash of 1983 and prevented the collapse of the then-young video gaming industry. Believe what you see, it's Mario.
  19. Apr 23, 2012
    I liked this game from the start.The story is really good I mean I like it a lot.I like how they made the different types of the flowers and mushrooms.The one that I think is the best is bee Mario.The graphics are good but sometimes it's not so good as normally.They made the stars look a little fat but I still like it.When you are flying or going to a galaxy the galaxy around you looks soI liked this game from the start.The story is really good I mean I like it a lot.I like how they made the different types of the flowers and mushrooms.The one that I think is the best is bee Mario.The graphics are good but sometimes it's not so good as normally.They made the stars look a little fat but I still like it.When you are flying or going to a galaxy the galaxy around you looks so so so beautiful.The characters are good and with my opinion I would give it a 9/10. Expand
  20. May 16, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not only better than its predecessor Super Mario Galaxy, but the best game on the Wii. So much was improved and every level is so fun. The gameplay is amazing having lots of cool things like new power-ups, much better co-op, lots of new galaxies and even Yoshi! The levels involve you getting that star at the end and it's very satisfying. Instead of going through aSuper Mario Galaxy 2 is not only better than its predecessor Super Mario Galaxy, but the best game on the Wii. So much was improved and every level is so fun. The gameplay is amazing having lots of cool things like new power-ups, much better co-op, lots of new galaxies and even Yoshi! The levels involve you getting that star at the end and it's very satisfying. Instead of going through a big hub world, you now have a small hub that lets you choose your level in a map like SMB3, it's much better. My only problem is that sometimes the game feels too much like the first one. But still it's amazing. The graphics look excellent and definitely the best on the Wii. The level design is very creative and really great. The music is still orchestrated and awesome and it has more remixes. I think the first's music was better but still Galaxy 2's music is awesome. The sound effects are great as well. This game offers a ton of content. 242 stars to collect, Luigi playable, star comets, and much more. Overall, Mario Galaxy 2 was an amazing game and certainly one of the best games I played in my life. I give this game a 98. Expand
  21. May 31, 2012
    Everything a game should be. Getting all the stars means 30 hours of constantly new, fun experience. From start to end you will never be bored. The difficulty is perfect, challenging but not in a broken way. The hardcore player will be immensely challenged before getting all the starts, but rarely frustrated because it's so fun. Anyone can enjoy this game. Why? Because it's near perfect,Everything a game should be. Getting all the stars means 30 hours of constantly new, fun experience. From start to end you will never be bored. The difficulty is perfect, challenging but not in a broken way. The hardcore player will be immensely challenged before getting all the starts, but rarely frustrated because it's so fun. Anyone can enjoy this game. Why? Because it's near perfect, it's a master piece, the level designs and ideas are incredible. Expand
  22. Jun 3, 2012
    Simply amazing game...nothing much,the best Wii game to date,better than the first one,it fixes more things and it's funner as ever,the graphics are really really high,for Wii standards of course,and it just blew my mind when I saw them,the sound is really detailed,good music and so much more,I,for example,love the Super Mario Bros 3 remake,but that was in the first one.The game play?SoSimply amazing game...nothing much,the best Wii game to date,better than the first one,it fixes more things and it's funner as ever,the graphics are really really high,for Wii standards of course,and it just blew my mind when I saw them,the sound is really detailed,good music and so much more,I,for example,love the Super Mario Bros 3 remake,but that was in the first one.The game play?So fun,and so much of a challenge.If you lose too many lives on a level,Rosalina comes out and "helps" you,(I put it in quotes because it more like makes the level for you)by getting you all the way to the star,but it will also make the normal star,a bronze one,so you need to redo the level so you can get a normal star.Pretty hard I guess.
    Graphics 10/10 Best graphics ever on the Wii,really really detailed,it more looks like a normal,old PC couldn't handle it,but this isn't on the PC
    Sound 10/10 Classic Mario music,the sound is really great,also the music matches everything
    Storyline 9.9/10 It's the same story,Peach gets kind-napped by Bowser,good ol' Mario story!
    Gameplay 10/10 The game,is really fun,as I said,it's better than the first...just that awesome...
    Overall 10/10 No other company like Nintendo can make such a perfect game,like IGN,it's a masterpiece and worth the buy
  23. Jul 30, 2012
    Wow...this game is critically amazing, great gameplay, excellent adventures, this game should be the best wii game all time, the problem is the wii battery needs to last at least 4 hrs or more.
  24. Feb 4, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a fun game and all, but didn't get to me the way the first did. I didn't like how the Comet Observatory was replaced with Starship Mario, and how Rosalina was replaced with Lubba. I did like the final Green Power Star montage. Overall I give this game an 8/10 stars.
  25. Mar 7, 2013
    This was a lot better and long lasting than the first and the galaxies are beautiful and well crafted as well as a majestic soundtrack. The storyline feels really repetitive of the first game but I easily ignored that and continued playing the game. its just that good
  26. Jan 19, 2015
    This was a fun continuation to the super Mario galaxy franchise. But, it was nothing like the first

Pros
    -fun gameplay
    -nice bosses

Cons
    -Too hard sometimes
    -to complex

I will definitely buy super Mario galaxy 3 if it comes out.
  27. Feb 9, 2015
    This has to be one of the best games of all time. It is a totally awesome game! The level designs are awesome. The graphics are great for Wii. The power ups are fun to use. They even included Yoshi and I love him. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even better than the first and you should definitely 100% buy it!
  28. Feb 23, 2015
    OMFG This game man, I mean the first one was amazing, but hot hippity yoshi balls this one takes the mushroom. Better levels, better music, and even better Mario abilities and more creative level design makes this game so freaking good it deserves to be noted as the best mario game ever made, I played all of them ok, and this one has a special place on my fireflower. This should be enoughOMFG This game man, I mean the first one was amazing, but hot hippity yoshi balls this one takes the mushroom. Better levels, better music, and even better Mario abilities and more creative level design makes this game so freaking good it deserves to be noted as the best mario game ever made, I played all of them ok, and this one has a special place on my fireflower. This should be enough to convince you to try it out, and if not rent it. Expand
  29. Mar 22, 2015
    The people that thought Mario Galaxy couldn't be topped were proved wrong with Mario Galaxy 2 now starring Yoshi, a spaceship in the shape of Mario's head, and the best power-ups any Mario game has ever seen yet. The levels are better than ever before, with standouts including any level that stars the ingenious Cloud Flower or our friendly dino pal Yoshi. Mario Galaxy 2 is not a cheapThe people that thought Mario Galaxy couldn't be topped were proved wrong with Mario Galaxy 2 now starring Yoshi, a spaceship in the shape of Mario's head, and the best power-ups any Mario game has ever seen yet. The levels are better than ever before, with standouts including any level that stars the ingenious Cloud Flower or our friendly dino pal Yoshi. Mario Galaxy 2 is not a cheap cash-in! Don't listen to those jealous PS3 and Xbox 360 owners! Expand
  30. Jan 1, 2012
    To be honest, 10 out of 10 doesn't even come close to doing this game justice. Best Wii game and best platformer ever made, no question. Managed the impossible job of improving upon its predecessor.
  31. Aug 16, 2010

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.