9.1

1. Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah, It's more of the same, but who cares.
    They are giving us more of what we love.
    Everything that can be said has already been said.
    the game is as perfect as possible. If you haven't bought this already, what the heck is wring with you.
    BUY THIS GAME!!!
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an excellent game in all kinds of aspects, the gameplay is all perfect and responsive, the variety is impressive not only on the different gameplay mechanics encountered, but also on the environments and ideas implemented. Graphics are the best on Wii, even more polished than its predecessor`s superb engine and the animation is fluid. Best of all when talking aboutSuper Mario Galaxy 2 is an excellent game in all kinds of aspects, the gameplay is all perfect and responsive, the variety is impressive not only on the different gameplay mechanics encountered, but also on the environments and ideas implemented. Graphics are the best on Wii, even more polished than its predecessor`s superb engine and the animation is fluid. Best of all when talking about presentation is the overall soundtrack of the game with full orchestrated tunes that sound beautiful and suit perfectly on the different levels. Those are the basics of what makes this game great, but going into more detail the real reason for it to be a true masterpiece comes thanks to the overall brilliance implemented by Nintendo with the level designs. This are all incredibly creative, varied and best of all, almost every one has new mechanics and ideas to show, the first hour of this game has more new things than almost all other entire games. A lot of the levels are also very challenging, if there was something wrong with the original Super Mario Galaxy was that it was pretty easy as a whole, but this sequel fixed that, and as a result it is a much more balance and satisfactory game. Galaxy 2 is also much more streamlined for the better, the new hub is just a spaceship shape like Mario`s face, its very little and to access a level all is needed is press a button on the ship and a map with all the unlocked levels will unveil, there, it is as easy as point and clicking the desired level, its all very organize, so there`s no worries about starting the game after a break and dont knowing where to go. This design also makes the game a much more fluid experience since its easy and fast to go to any level, making sure to always be in the action and not traveling long distances from hub to hub to access different levels like in the original, this also makes the game all the more addicting.Galaxy 2 is also more Mario like, theres lots of references to past Mario games coming from tunes enemies and even some of the levels unlike the original which concentrated soley on the space theme most of the time. The implementation of Yoshi also expands on the game since controlling him is much more different and he has different abilities than Mario, the levels design specifically for him are really fun and approach very well those new mechanics that he introduces. Closing down, it is also fair to mention how huge this game really is with a total of 242 stars, those include the classic and basic 120 stars that consist of showing all the levels and ideas, classic Mario, but the other 120 is a very rewarding challenge that Nintendo included, if theres something to know about it is that it is extremely hard. Completing that challenge will unlock the last level with the two remaining stars which are as hard as they can be, but ultimately makes up for the most satisfactory completion of a game on recent memory. That would be an approximate of 30 hours depending on the skill, which is just truly perfect. Consider this game the ultimate Mario experience and the most fun of this generation, a perfect and reliable contender for Game of the Year 2010. Expand
  3. fct
    Aug 14, 2010
    Yet again Nintendo have pulled it off in making a wonderfully enjoyable experience, from the moment I started I couldn't stop myself from finishing it. The sense of accomplishment you get from beating any part of this game is extremely satisfying and it never got old, from the first star to the end I couldn't help myself in fully completing it.
    The story in this game is the same you've
    The story in this game is the same you've been hearing for decades, Bowser kidnaps Princess, Mario (and friends) save everybody. It may seem old but you won't mind as along the way you'll have plenty to smile about. As to be expected from the previous "Galaxy" game, it looks even more stunning and the level designs have been nothing less than ingenious in this game, some might say downright nasty on occasion, by this I mean that you may found yourself in gamer rage mode when the difficulty ramps up, but its to be expected and if anything it makes it just a little bit more satisfying when its over.
    I don't want to go into detail about what you'll find in this game as that 'll just spoil the surprise, but you'll find yourself in some pretty rad worlds with some fun toys to aid you along, and along the way you'll find a specific galaxy in the game that 'll bring a smile to your face if you've played the classic 'Super Mario 64'.
  4. Sep 10, 2010
    i like this game. Mostly because of the moustache to be honest.
    I also like the bits where you jump from one bit to another and that. Those bits are pretty good too.
  5. Aug 22, 2010
    Galaxy 2 is even better then the first! With cool new worlds and new insane power ups including rock mario and cloud mario, this game is by far better then the first. And yoshi's back! The only down side to this game is the co-op the second play should be able to be luigie. Overall i give it a 9.8
  6. Aug 23, 2010
    A content packed game, with a stunning soundtrack, stunning visuals and some of the most fun you will get on Wii. This is by far the best Wii game, few other titles, if any, come close to the imagination, playfullness or perfection that Galaxy 2 achieves.
  7. Aug 27, 2010
    The question that is asked a lot is whether Galaxy 2 is better than its predecessor ?in every respect. I can say yes, however there is an element of no in the answer as the impact this game has on the industry is not going to be as strong as the original. Nintendo has truly delivered a sequel of epic proportions as it is more difficult (the original was a bit too easy in my opinion),The question that is asked a lot is whether Galaxy 2 is better than its predecessor ?in every respect. I can say yes, however there is an element of no in the answer as the impact this game has on the industry is not going to be as strong as the original. Nintendo has truly delivered a sequel of epic proportions as it is more difficult (the original was a bit too easy in my opinion), more colorful and much more imaginative than ever before. With a host of new power ups such as the cloud and rock suit your going to have lots of fun and the originals return as well to a good measure. The biggest addition which is also the big game changer , is the inclusion of Yoshi. He's more than a power-up ,he is an extension to mario impressive abilities and he even has his own power ups to make him even more durable for example the hot pepper which allow Yoshi to dash at speeds that could match sonic is a joy to play with. I could go on about this game and how much it has improved, how the level concepts are strong enough to be fully fledged games, how responsive and tight the controls are, how much more streamlined the experience is, and how the presentation of this game is out of this world and how much more challenging the game is now. I Can only say that you must play this game and trust me you would not be disappointed. Nintendo has once again moved the mario platformer closer to gaming perfection. The question i am now asking myself now is what next for mario? Super mario universe? I hope so. Until then this game in my opinion is Mario's finest hour and one of the best if not best the year 2010 has given us. Expand
  8. Oct 8, 2012
    Consider me "wowed." Again. Yes, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good: brilliant gravity platfoming. Incredibly tight and responsive controls. Fantastic musical score. But it's not a "me too" experience -- a significant majority of this sequel is brand new.
  9. Aug 31, 2010
    Put simply... Nintendo crafted a masterpiece. Epic music, amazing designs and so much fun in this intensely fun game for everyone and anyone. I would recommend ANYONE out there who has a Wii... but does not have this on their game shelf to scrape up the money and buy it now. You will NOT be sorry.
  10. Sep 4, 2010
    Better than its predecessor in every way, shape and form. This game is a master peace; filled with pure, unadulterated joy. Make no mistake, this is Mario's greatest 3D adventure to date.
  11. Sep 4, 2010
    Buy a Wii Just for this game, It's Worth With it, trust me, I Reapet Untill you Buy it! BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME ... IBuy a Wii Just for this game, It's Worth With it, trust me, I Reapet Untill you Buy it! BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME ... I Hoped you have Buyed it... If not... Collapse
  12. Sep 9, 2010
    This game is awesome. That's a generic comment, but it's literally the best way to sum up this game. I would often say to myself: "Wow, that's a brilliant idea," or "This level design is amazing," and eventually I realized that I was saying these things for every single area of every single level in the game. It stays fresh ALL THE TIME and the ideas are brilliant and executed well. ThisThis game is awesome. That's a generic comment, but it's literally the best way to sum up this game. I would often say to myself: "Wow, that's a brilliant idea," or "This level design is amazing," and eventually I realized that I was saying these things for every single area of every single level in the game. It stays fresh ALL THE TIME and the ideas are brilliant and executed well. This is a game that doesn't try to be art, doesn't try to be different, but it doesn't need to be. It's pure fun. Expand
  13. Sep 29, 2010
    After I saw this on E3, the first thing that came on my mind is that how the hell could they top Galaxy, one of the very best games on the Wii system? Consider my question irrelevant as Galaxy 2 is a complete and total superiority over Galaxy. Gameplay is completely improved with more variety, the level design is more creative, the orchestral music is more grandiose and epic and it is aAfter I saw this on E3, the first thing that came on my mind is that how the hell could they top Galaxy, one of the very best games on the Wii system? Consider my question irrelevant as Galaxy 2 is a complete and total superiority over Galaxy. Gameplay is completely improved with more variety, the level design is more creative, the orchestral music is more grandiose and epic and it is a more challenging, difficult game on its own. BUY IT NOW! Expand
  14. Sep 13, 2010
    Nintendo has topped themselves again. Redefined what a true 3D platformer should play like. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is simply the best game of 2010. Play it, enjoy it, love it. It is the masterpiece you've heard it to be. A modern classic. 10/10.
  15. Sep 16, 2010
    I told myself that i would get every single star in this game cause i havent yet in the first one, and I spent about 30 hours playing this game. First of all it is extremely harder than the first one plus, I love how they put yoshi in this game. Nintendo's greatest game ever Besides Ocarina of time (Zelda) and maybe the first one.
  16. May 30, 2011
    I have had dreams about this game. It's that good. Every level offers so much creativity and vision; this really was a game made with love. The soundtrack is stunning, the visuals are gorgeous and the controls so so tight. This is one of my favourite games :)
  17. Oct 30, 2010
    I dont mean any offense, but if you think that this game with so much variety, ease of use, amazing sound, and lengthy gameplay time to get a bang out of your buck is anything less than as perfect as games can possibly get, then there is something wrong here.
  18. Sep 25, 2010
    This game is an example of epicness. Do not listen to what people say, because they are fanboys and they are mad at this game because its the second best game in the world. so stop reading my review and go buy this game.
  19. Oct 10, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy was, at the time of it's release, the best Mario game out there. It was obvious that, after Super Mario Galaxy, it would be hard to have a Mario game as memorable as that one. Being obvious was never so wrong. Super mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game out there. Tons of contents, stunning Graphics, even if the Wii is not the most powerful console of the generation, andSuper Mario Galaxy was, at the time of it's release, the best Mario game out there. It was obvious that, after Super Mario Galaxy, it would be hard to have a Mario game as memorable as that one. Being obvious was never so wrong. Super mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game out there. Tons of contents, stunning Graphics, even if the Wii is not the most powerful console of the generation, and the best soundtrack yet (in a game, at least). Super Mario Galaxy is almost a mix of the best sategs in the Mario history... with a twist. GRAVITY!
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 brings back the amazing gameplay from the 1st one and implements the most adorable DRAGON (Yes, Yoshi is a dragon, as said by himself in the game) in space. Every mission will present you a different concept. It's either having to think very carefully before spinning so you don't make wrong jumps, or simply bouncing of fruits midair. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a game as addicting as drugs. You'll finish it, and then you'll start it all over again. The game actually challenges the hardcore players with things like the Grandmaster Galaxy, and the Prankster Comets. There is also one boss that can be quite a surprise (AND annoying). Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best Mario game EVER? Why yes, it is. Is it the best Wii Game EVER? Yup. Is it worthy of perfect score? Yes,. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even worthy of being called one of the best games in the history.
  20. Oct 27, 2011
    One of my favorite games of all time. It has all the features of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and still is so much better. It does not get repetitive compared to Super Mario Galaxy 1. I completed 1 and 2 100%. Both were awesome but Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a lot better. The levels are all different compared to 1 and power ups either return from 1 or are all new. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 areOne of my favorite games of all time. It has all the features of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and still is so much better. It does not get repetitive compared to Super Mario Galaxy 1. I completed 1 and 2 100%. Both were awesome but Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a lot better. The levels are all different compared to 1 and power ups either return from 1 or are all new. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both awesome but 2 is so much better, Expand
  21. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = How did Nintendo manage to make a better game than Super Mario Galaxy?? Unbelievable!!
  22. Nov 4, 2010
    One of the most creative games Ive ever played! It does not let up at all from start to finish. It is constantly throwing something to new your way. This game is why i am still a Nintendo fan and why i refuse to be anything else. It is what all games should be. fun. pure and simple this game is fun from start to finish. It never gets old and keeps throwing fresh ideas at you. My only minorOne of the most creative games Ive ever played! It does not let up at all from start to finish. It is constantly throwing something to new your way. This game is why i am still a Nintendo fan and why i refuse to be anything else. It is what all games should be. fun. pure and simple this game is fun from start to finish. It never gets old and keeps throwing fresh ideas at you. My only minor complaint would be there should be a little more Yoshi. Expand
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    The greatest Nintendo character of all time gets the best game series ever created in the form of Super Mario Galaxy.

These games are so well crafted and fun that it might be the closest thing to a 'perfect rating' a game could ever get. Everything from the fantastic level design, worlds, characters and beautiful graphics to the breathtaking scope and Bosses makes this one of the very best games of all time! It well deserves the attention it gets and as always, I can't wait for Nintendo's next instalment in the Mario franchise.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    Words cannot describe the genius of this game. This game is a testament to the creative spirit of humanity. It's hard to fathom how a Mario game can achieve such technical, artistic, and gameplay perfection, yet this game does everything right. It's charming, jam-packed with content, and simple to learn but hard to master. Just when I though Galaxy 1 was perfect, Galaxy 2 supersedes it!Words cannot describe the genius of this game. This game is a testament to the creative spirit of humanity. It's hard to fathom how a Mario game can achieve such technical, artistic, and gameplay perfection, yet this game does everything right. It's charming, jam-packed with content, and simple to learn but hard to master. Just when I though Galaxy 1 was perfect, Galaxy 2 supersedes it! All other platformers, as good as they may be, pale in comparison. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2010
    An amazing entry into the Mario series. It delievers a brilliant platforming experience and I highly reccomend you play this. There are brilliant level and some good enemey designs, which provide good action. If you were annoyed with the toned down difficulty level in the original, rejoice, because you'll find it difficult, peitcuarly in the later levels. Although the original, in myAn amazing entry into the Mario series. It delievers a brilliant platforming experience and I highly reccomend you play this. There are brilliant level and some good enemey designs, which provide good action. If you were annoyed with the toned down difficulty level in the original, rejoice, because you'll find it difficult, peitcuarly in the later levels. Although the original, in my opinion anyway, music track was slightly better, you'll still be blown away by some masterful pieces, and a testament to Kondo's glorious career. The only two faults I could find was the lack of thought that went into the storyline. It seemed EAD forgot about it until last minute and rushed it. A very lazy storyline which basically repeats the original. The other fault was the recycled boss fight. Still, doesn't really detract from an amazing platformer.
    If you own a Wii, you need to own this. A true Mario platformer with some new, ingenius ideas mixed with some other brilliant ones from predecessors. A brilliant experience.
  26. Nov 16, 2010
    This is a simply fabulous game to play. Nintendo have utterly surpassed themselves with this game, which builds on everything Galaxy 1 started on and improves it too.
    The story is, of course, wafer-thin at best, but the way this Mario game is set out like a storybook at the beginning is entertaining and pleasing. The graphics are stunning throughout, and the way the controls become second nature almost instantly gives it a great 'pick up and play' feeling. This is a game which is truly accessible to all.
    The gameplay is varied as ever, with different galaxies and planets providing the differentiation. The slightly confusing nature of the Comet Observatory in the first game is gone in Galaxy 2, replaced by a much more simplified and classic World Map.
    The 2-player mode, which was very limited in Galaxy 1, has been expanded for this game. Although your friend still plays as a Star Bit-fetching being, he/she is now a Luma instead of a generic star, and said Luma can now also collect coins, 1-Ups and other mushrooms, making this experience slightly more worthwile instead of more of a gimmick.
    My one qualm of this game is there is no form of online or battle mode, but frankly if the developers had been making up a new mode this may have affected the production of this epic game. Galaxy 2 is a quality game, and a must-have for any Wii owner.
  27. Nov 17, 2010
    Wow. Simply wow. This has to be one of the best if not THE best game I've ever played in years. Why? Well I'll tell you. After the disappointment that was the first Super Mario Galaxy I thought Nintendo wouldn't be creating another Galaxy game for Mario. How wrong I was. When this classic was announced at E3 2009 I was like, "Oh no not this again". But as time passed I decided that IWow. Simply wow. This has to be one of the best if not THE best game I've ever played in years. Why? Well I'll tell you. After the disappointment that was the first Super Mario Galaxy I thought Nintendo wouldn't be creating another Galaxy game for Mario. How wrong I was. When this classic was announced at E3 2009 I was like, "Oh no not this again". But as time passed I decided that I should pre-order the game at GameStop so I did. And instead of being disappointed at the game I smiled and said to myself, "This is Mario Galaxy". Now you're probably thinking, "You didn't like Super Mario Galaxy?" Well I did. But as I've already said above I was disappointed. Why? Because of a couple of reasons. The first reason is that the game was WAY TOO EASY. I completed the game 100% in a week. That's including Luigi's Story was well. And all the Green Stars. And Trial Galaxies. But let's face it. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is WAY HARDER. End of story. Another problem with the first Mario Galaxy game was that it just didn't have enough. Yes it has 242 Power Stars altogether and many Galaxies to collect them in but for me the game was just too linear. Super Mario Galaxy 2 may be a bit more linear than the first but at least it has better level design and challenge. But I still adored the the music in the first Galaxy game and the bosses. Those were the things that made up to the easiness and linear style. And that's pretty much all I disliked about the first Mario Galaxy game. I would have preferred the game to be a bit more challenging. Now back to Galaxy 2. The things that make this gem so much better than the first is that it's so much more magical. The level designs in this show you how hard the developers really worked on this. The game also has an unexplainable charm to it that really makes you want to complete it. There is so much to do in this game. Yes it does have the EXACT SAME number of Power Stars as the first but half of them aren't even PROPER Power Stars. The difficulty in this game is cruel to you. Complete the game 100% without losing a Life. Not a problem in the first Galaxy but in this it'll be hell all out. Bosses, Puzzles, Gameplay and Objectives are harder in this game, fully detailed and all. It's a classic worth getting. The Grandmaster Galaxy in this is frustratingly hard. VERY. Play at your own risk. The Galaxies themselves are HUMONGOUS. Very well done. There are new Power Ups as well and they add even more fun to the Gameplay. Even Yoshi has Power Ups. Well this ends my review on Super Mario Galaxy 2. Final words? Best game on the Nintendo Wii yet. Expand
  28. Oct 23, 2011
    SMG was already real damn good. But SMG2- my god is it amazing. Improved visuals, endlessly imaginitive level design, awesome new power-ups (especially Yoshi), and more stars then ever before- you`ll fall in love all over again.
  29. Nov 24, 2010
    Perfect. All I can say. It makes me say more charactersPerfect. All I can say. It makes me say more characters so:................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
  30. Nov 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ez nagyon jó játék minden benne van ami van szóval ez jó nagyon Jà Expand
  31. Dec 1, 2010
    One of the most creative and most fun games of all times! I love this game's view on gravity but it's less open than 1 but more fun. I still miss the openess of sm64 and sunshine.
  32. Dec 19, 2010
    This is probably one of the best games I have played. Probably the best of all time. It really shows how amazing the graphics on the Wii can be. No matter how bad others make them out to be. The game play was fun and enjoyable. The storyline was alright (although who cares about story in a Mario game). Altogether it was an amazing game and an awesome sequel to the original. This game is aThis is probably one of the best games I have played. Probably the best of all time. It really shows how amazing the graphics on the Wii can be. No matter how bad others make them out to be. The game play was fun and enjoyable. The storyline was alright (although who cares about story in a Mario game). Altogether it was an amazing game and an awesome sequel to the original. This game is a MUST GET. Expand
  33. May 27, 2011
    Bought this game with skepticism thinking it would just be a tacked on, rushed expansion but it was faaar me. It's a complete second game, believe it or not better than the original. At times it doesn't even feel like the first. (in a good way)
  34. Jan 15, 2011
    Even though the first time I played this game was in a store and I was kicked off in the first three minutes, it was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had. I'm also a very tough scorer, might I add. The reason this game deserves a ten is because it included hugely imaginative galaxies, like the Flash Back galaxy, where you are in a haunted mansion and it flashes a quick burst ofEven though the first time I played this game was in a store and I was kicked off in the first three minutes, it was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had. I'm also a very tough scorer, might I add. The reason this game deserves a ten is because it included hugely imaginative galaxies, like the Flash Back galaxy, where you are in a haunted mansion and it flashes a quick burst of light in time with the music. The music is great. It even has its own orchestra called "The Super Mario Galaxy Orchestra". FACT. For a Wii game, the graphics are really good. This game is nowhere near easy. There's so many stars to collect and the later galaxies are as tough as cremated steak but they reward you very well. Good luck beating this 100% in your first year. I did not get bored once in this game, and that is saying something. Of course, it does have similar bosses to the original and some often reappear but that did not bug me one single bit. Although I did kind of want to give it a lower score because of that, it's just impossible. It's that kind of game that makes you glad that you're a gamer. Expand
  35. Jan 13, 2011
    A little bit after two years worth of waiting the sequel to the critically acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy 2 is back! This game beats it's predecessor Super Mario Galaxy by FAR. It's controls are extremely easy to master making it extremely fun, it's camera controls are perfect so you'll have no problem getting out of a tight corner, and it's graphics are simply mind-blowing! Even better isA little bit after two years worth of waiting the sequel to the critically acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy 2 is back! This game beats it's predecessor Super Mario Galaxy by FAR. It's controls are extremely easy to master making it extremely fun, it's camera controls are perfect so you'll have no problem getting out of a tight corner, and it's graphics are simply mind-blowing! Even better is it's music preformed by an Orchestra! All this put together is a perfect score of 10/10. Expand
  36. Mar 2, 2011
    All my life, I've followed the Mario franchise as a loyal fan. Sure I may not be as big a fan of Mario as I am a Zelda fan, but Mario is still one of my favorite and most beloved video game characters ever. So naturally, I was definately looking forward to getting my hands on this monster of a Mario game. Wow, what a monster it was. Seriously, Mario Galaxy 2 has got to be the best MarioAll my life, I've followed the Mario franchise as a loyal fan. Sure I may not be as big a fan of Mario as I am a Zelda fan, but Mario is still one of my favorite and most beloved video game characters ever. So naturally, I was definately looking forward to getting my hands on this monster of a Mario game. Wow, what a monster it was. Seriously, Mario Galaxy 2 has got to be the best Mario game since Super Mario 64, which is my personal favorite Mario game, and also one of my most favorited games ever. I can't say for sure if Mario Galaxy 2 is better than Mario 64, it's actually a tough call, that's how amazing this game is. The little plummer dressed in red has shown with this game that he's still got it. Honestly, I can hardly find anything wrong with this game, it's nearly perfect. Some say it might actually be better than Ocarina of Time itself. Although I disagree with that, I still think that Mario Galaxy 2 is one of Nintendo's best titles. They really went all out with this game. I mean, Mario Galaxy 1 was a great game, it is still known as one of the Wii's best games. So the fact that Nintendo brought it out again and made it better? That is one heck of an accomplishment. Many elements go into play here, which include having to use gravity, just like you did in the first game. But this time, they added Yoshi. SON OF A......... FREAKIN YOSHI MAN!!!!! EPIC WIN!!!! I mean seriously, everybody loves Yoshi right? Also for you Luigi fans out there, yup, they added Luigi, AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! At certain levels, you can select to play as Luigi, which will give you bonuses in other levels. There are more levels, and more stars. Yup, Mario Galaxy 1 had 120 stars. Mario Galaxy 2 has 240 stars!! That might keep you busy for a while. :) Unlike the first game, the game is laid out more like the original Mario Bros games. You got world 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, ya know how it works. One cool thing is how your ship looks like Mario's head. Yet another epic win. :) As far as gameplay goes, it's pretty much flawless. The only issue I saw was how the pointer may sometimes have to be exactly on the star bits you collect to draw them in, making it a bit sensative, but most of the time, you won't even notice it. The other flaw I saw is the camera, which can be a little clunky at times, but hardly interferes with the game's overall greatness. Other than these flaws, the games completely great and alot of fun, and the 240 stars will take up alot of time. Some people may think that Mario's time has come, and that it's time for him to leave the building. I think that''s stupid. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is proof that as old as Mario is, he's still as great as he was 25 years ago. Mario's legacy has lived for a very long time, and I strongly believe that Mario is not even close to being done yet. Trust me, this game is considered one of the highest rated games of all time for a reason. If there is ever going to be a Super Mario Galaxy 3, count me in!! This game deserves no less than a perfect 10/10. I have also chosen Super Mario Galaxy 2 as my choice for 2010 Game of the Year. Mario my friend, you still got it. Expand
  37. Sep 5, 2012
    3D platforming at its best. The controls are precise, the graphics are vivid and they manage to create orignal puzzles. They improved everything from its predecessor, it is easily one of the best games of this generation.
  38. Feb 26, 2011
    Simply, if you have a Wii, and do not own Super Mario Galaxy 2, go out and buy it. Not only is it the best game on the system, it is, in my opinion, the greatest video game of all time; ahead of Ocarina of Time. Having played the game all the way through, I found only one fault with the game-the fact that it eventually had to end. Graphically, it is the best on Wii. The music, whilst noneSimply, if you have a Wii, and do not own Super Mario Galaxy 2, go out and buy it. Not only is it the best game on the system, it is, in my opinion, the greatest video game of all time; ahead of Ocarina of Time. Having played the game all the way through, I found only one fault with the game-the fact that it eventually had to end. Graphically, it is the best on Wii. The music, whilst none of the pieces top the 'Gusty Garden Galaxy' theme from the original, is generally improved over the predecessor. The game plays like a dream, is accessible, yet challenging, will last you 50 hours or more and, without a doubt, offers a new and unique challenge on each stage. Go out and buy this game, it really is that good. Expand
  39. Mar 22, 2011
    Nothing to say about this game! Absolutely perfect in every aspect of it. The graphics are satisfying and great for the Wii's graphics capabilities, the sounds are great and amazing, the atmosphere, environment and character designs are perfect and outstanding. They really had a great job with this game. One of the masterpieces of Wii's Games. Buy this game and I swear, it is very worthNothing to say about this game! Absolutely perfect in every aspect of it. The graphics are satisfying and great for the Wii's graphics capabilities, the sounds are great and amazing, the atmosphere, environment and character designs are perfect and outstanding. They really had a great job with this game. One of the masterpieces of Wii's Games. Buy this game and I swear, it is very worth it. You would really love and appreciate this game Expand
  40. Jun 30, 2011
    The story is pretty much the same for a Mario game, but that's fine. The graphics are outstanding, the galaxies are beautiful, the 3D gameplay is really, really awesome, and the characters are interesting, though not important. All the power-ups are really fun, as are the comet levels, though the comet levels are incredibly hard. There are seven worlds, each with about 12? levels. ThisThe story is pretty much the same for a Mario game, but that's fine. The graphics are outstanding, the galaxies are beautiful, the 3D gameplay is really, really awesome, and the characters are interesting, though not important. All the power-ups are really fun, as are the comet levels, though the comet levels are incredibly hard. There are seven worlds, each with about 12? levels. This game is really long, and has a ton of replayability, trying to get every star and every comet medal. This game is just an absolute joy, and possibly the best game in the WORLD! Expand
  41. Apr 11, 2011
    The level desing! Unlike anything we have ever seen before. This game sets a new standard for platformers. There is a very good reason critics give this game a 10. This game makes excellent use of the different ways to control the character(s). Resulting in a very engaging gameplay experience.
  42. May 25, 2011
    This game is outstanding. Beautiful graphics, a wonderful orchestral soundtrack, impossibly excellent gameplay, and memorable characters. 5 minutes in and I was amazed. Nintendo had pulled out all the stops for this. If you haven't played this game, you need to. Trust me, you'll thank me later.
  43. Jun 28, 2011
    Just plain amazing. About a whopping 80 hours of gameplay if you're aiming for 100%, galaxies don't feel repetitive and are incredibly well designed, excellent graphics for the wii, some familiar and new great music, and just INCREDIBLY FUN!!

Best game of the Wii. Period.
  44. RJV
    Sep 25, 2011
    I cannot come close to explaining how good this game is, but i can say that it is one of the few games that actually deserves the constant 10s from user scores. The only other game that comes close to it's level is the original Super Mario Galaxy. If you own a Wii it is a crime not to have this game, if you do not have a Wii you need to get one just so you can play this game. This game isI cannot come close to explaining how good this game is, but i can say that it is one of the few games that actually deserves the constant 10s from user scores. The only other game that comes close to it's level is the original Super Mario Galaxy. If you own a Wii it is a crime not to have this game, if you do not have a Wii you need to get one just so you can play this game. This game is the best there is, ( and probably the best there ever will be) for the Wii, as close to perfect as you can get. Expand
  45. Nov 9, 2011
    Im not a Mario fan, but this is a really good and I didn't find it repetitive at all. It has a good graphics, controls, plot, and alot more! The co-op could be better.
  46. Sep 4, 2011
    Absolutely spectacular! I love how they included some of the original music from the previous game, and even made more better music for the galaxies. I love how the graphics are perfect, rather than the original, and the puzzles are very original.
  47. Sep 15, 2011
    This game is easily one of the greatest video games ever made. It's just amazing! Let's start with the gameplay. The gameplay is top notch! It's so much fun and addicting that no one will ever want to put it down. It's a huge improvement over the first game (even though the gameplay for the first one was still great). This one includes Yoshi, and this is by far Yoshi's best game withThis game is easily one of the greatest video games ever made. It's just amazing! Let's start with the gameplay. The gameplay is top notch! It's so much fun and addicting that no one will ever want to put it down. It's a huge improvement over the first game (even though the gameplay for the first one was still great). This one includes Yoshi, and this is by far Yoshi's best game with Mario yet. The graphics are great too, especially by Wii standards. Every single detail of this game makes it look more like an X-Box 360. However, this game is nothing like anything on the 360, it's even better! While not my personal favorite game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl still beats it), it's still an incredible game. My description of this game, in the words of Sonic Colors, Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing!!!! Expand
  48. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 truly is the Jewel in the Wii's Crown. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this game even more than the first one, I loved that game, even saying it was the best game on the Wii. This one is more streamlined, the levels are possibly more fun and the graphics are even better. The only thing the first one has over this is the story, but Mario games aren't amazing for thatMario Galaxy 2 truly is the Jewel in the Wii's Crown. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this game even more than the first one, I loved that game, even saying it was the best game on the Wii. This one is more streamlined, the levels are possibly more fun and the graphics are even better. The only thing the first one has over this is the story, but Mario games aren't amazing for that anyway. This seriously is the best game on the Wii. Plus, it has Yoshi, which is always good. And the boss battles with Bowser this time are incredibly epic. Everything just works so smoothly and well, Nintendo obviously put a lot of work into this masterpiece. Best game of the generation easily. Expand
  49. Dec 5, 2011
    I have been playing Nintendo games since I was 8 years old, when I was bought an NES for christmas. Super mario bros came with it, and I was instantly captivated. Me and my friends would obsessively play it for hours together...taking it in turns to see who could get furthest, or who could find a secret that none of us already knew. SO began my love of Nintendo, and Mario. It has been aI have been playing Nintendo games since I was 8 years old, when I was bought an NES for christmas. Super mario bros came with it, and I was instantly captivated. Me and my friends would obsessively play it for hours together...taking it in turns to see who could get furthest, or who could find a secret that none of us already knew. SO began my love of Nintendo, and Mario. It has been a rewarding love afair, with each game in the series capturing the same magic as that Christmas in 1989 (Except for SUper Mario Sunshine...That one was a bit ropey).

The first Super Mario Galaxy was amazing. I loved playing around with gravity, and some of the levels were expertly crafted; but...It was all a bit easy. I had come to associate Mario with a difficulty curve that catered for those of a tougher constitution. And this is where the sequal comes in. It may seem like simply a second chapter to the first game, but it is so much more. It improves upon what came before in every way. Most importantly it is a very tough cookie in places, with some of the most fiendinsh level design since the Super Mario 64.

If you consider yourself a gamer, play this game. If you are a Nintendo fan...well you must have already played and played and played it, so you know what I am talking about.
  50. Nov 6, 2011
    I never played the 1st Super Mario Galaxy but the 2nd one is absolutely amazing. Smooth graphics, fun gameplay, and amazing design make this the best 3D Mario game yet!
  51. Nov 7, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy 2, is a better game, why all kinds of aspects, the game-play is all perfect and responsive and blend all aspects of game saga of Mario for example, the battle with Bowser, save the princess Peach, inter alia... The graphics of the game are super-realistic, much more realistic that the previus game
  52. May 16, 2012
    This is the best Wii game. No really, it is! If you own a Wii, your first priority should be this game. Sure, it may be a lot like the first one, but look at how many people buy CoD rehashes. I'm glad we still have games like this.
  53. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply a master piece. Building on Super Mario Galaxy, this game ties up loose ends such as Yoshi, harder levels, more creative worlds, and a longer replay value.

Just like the first game, this game is just bounding with rich and visual colors. This is definitely the best looking Wii game so far. Again accompanied by an orchestra, comes another amazing soundtrack packed with very

Again accompanied by an orchestra, comes another amazing soundtrack packed with very memorable tunes.

Of course, gameplay is done ever better with more challenging stages and the inclusion of Yoshi is just too hard to pass up.

A definite buy for all Wii owners, this game is a master piece for all to play.
  54. Nov 16, 2011
    It took Mario Galaxy, which was near flawless in every department, and made it better. It is the best game on the Wii. All the brilliance from the original is their and then some. It surpassed my unfairly high expectations. An incredible, must own game.
  55. Nov 18, 2011
    Nintendo breaks all norm as they release a sequel of a mario game on the same console (the last time they did this was on SNES). Regardless, for those who loved Mario Galaxy will enjoy this one even more, as it includes more old features that were left out on the original, as Yoshi returns, some nostalgic stages and music are back. Nintendo really outdone themselves in the graphics (whichNintendo breaks all norm as they release a sequel of a mario game on the same console (the last time they did this was on SNES). Regardless, for those who loved Mario Galaxy will enjoy this one even more, as it includes more old features that were left out on the original, as Yoshi returns, some nostalgic stages and music are back. Nintendo really outdone themselves in the graphics (which are HD quality like), Orchestral Music Score, and a even more improved gameplay structure. Expand
  56. Nov 18, 2011
    Gameplay
    Gameplay
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a great gameplay the same as it prequel. Super Mario Galaxy 2 take it to the next level with new characters and features. You can now ride Yoshi and play as Luigi earlier. The boss fights are more intense especially the final boss fight with the Mighty Koopa King Bowser. The gameplay will keep you playing for hours. There also some new Power Ups such as Rock, Cloud, and Drill.
    Story
    The story start off at Peach Castle Ground where Mario goes to Peach but soon after Bowser appear and kidnapped her. Once again you must save Peach and return the loss Baby Luma to his mama.
    Controls
    The controls are the same and Yoshi controls are great too.
    Graphic
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 has slightly better graphic than it's prequel. It is also one of the best looking game on Wii along with Sonic Colors, Xenoblade, Zelda Skyward Sword, Metroid, Brawl and Donkey Kong.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is obviously my favorite Mario Platformer right in front of Super Mario 64, Galaxy and Bros 3. This is a must have game in your Wii Game Library.

My score for this game is 10 out of 10!! Master Piece!
  57. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 is one of those sequels that overcome the majesty of the first game. In a single word, is an evolution of a revolution. No doubt we are facing the final platform, the best of the generation and one of the best ever. All this magnificent game makes it a Must Heave the Wii without any question. Recommended for everyone, EVERYONE, especially those who hate Mario or those whoMario Galaxy 2 is one of those sequels that overcome the majesty of the first game. In a single word, is an evolution of a revolution. No doubt we are facing the final platform, the best of the generation and one of the best ever. All this magnificent game makes it a Must Heave the Wii without any question. Recommended for everyone, EVERYONE, especially those who hate Mario or those who doubt that deserves a ten out of ten.______________________________________ Mario Galaxy 2 es una de esas secuelas que superan la majestuosidad de su antesesor. En una sola palabra, es la evolucion de una revolucion. Sin duda estamos ante el mejor plataforma de la generacion y uno de los mejores de todos los tiempos, Toda esta magnificencia de juego lo convierte en un Must Heave de la Wii sin cuestión alguna. Recomendado para todo el mundo, PARA TODOS, en especial para aquellos que dudan que merezca un 10 de 10 Expand
  58. Jun 10, 2012
    Level design feels tight and offers a wonderful difficulty curve along with some 'tougher' stars for the pros. The addition of Yoshi works for some places, but I personally found that dinosaur to be annoying as per usual. The new power ups for Yoshi mixes it up, but it's still the same dumb looking dinosaur. Overall, a great game, but does feel like it's an extension/shuffle of the previous game.
  59. Jan 1, 2012
    To be honest, 10 out of 10 doesn't even come close to doing this game justice. Best Wii game and best platformer ever made, no question. Managed the impossible job of improving upon its predecessor.
  60. Nov 26, 2011
    How many more dumb suits does nintendo have lined up??? I mean come on. A bee suit and a cloud suit and magical chili peppers that you feed yoshi which is a flying dinosaur! Its nothing but nonsense. Sorry mario. This series needs to cease!
  61. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had an issue with the difficulty level of the original Super Mario Galaxy. It seemed like you could play through the entire game in one sitting (albeit, a very LONG sitting). With Super Mario Galaxy 2, Nintendo have actually improved on the gameplay, adding more powerups, interesting surroundings, new music and 2D inspired levels. The idea that this game was going to be released as SMG 1.5 beggars belief.

Any and all complaints regarding the original are all solved seamlessly in this (virtually new) game.

I am stuck trying for the grand-master star (1 of 2) for my final two stars. Luckily, there are TWO people who have recorded this, and posted the video on YouTube, so if you need some pointers, check them out. This may very well be the hardest platformer level ever created. After seeing the movie, you can gauge your progress through the level, because without the benefit of seeing the entire level, you have no idea how close you are to completing it (I am dangerously close).

The simple fact of the matter is: If you loved Super Mario Galaxy, you will love Super Mario Galaxy 2 MORE!

10/10 - perfection as only Shigeru Miyamoto can deliver!
  62. Oct 24, 2012
    Truly a treat to play. While there's less of an emphasis on an overarching plot like in the first Galaxy, there's much more conniving and challenging level design to offset this. Twice as lengthy and twice as difficult as its predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 delivers on nearly all accounts and is arguably the best Mario game to date. Next generation Mario has its work cut out for it.
  63. Feb 12, 2012
    Truly amazing. It would be hard to find a better game than this one. One of the hardest things a game developer can do is take a game, and make a sequel directly after the first one, and make it so much better. This game is the best platformer ever, and all other platformers will be compared to it from now on. This game is a must have for any gamer, hardcore or casual.
  64. Jan 10, 2012
    Those who say this game is bad deserve to be slapped. It's a great platformer with awesome gameplay and challenges for advanced players. A true epic.
  65. Jan 17, 2012
    Definitely a great game but i just cant seem to really get into it since im playing other games like mario kart 7 and the legend of zelda skyward sword.
  66. Jun 9, 2012
    A simple extension of the Galaxy concept, Super Mario Galaxy 2 can't possibly have the same impact. But it does have the same spirit, throwing new ideas at you with gleeful and impulsive abandon, leaving you breathless, scrambling happily to keep up. Even after ten minutes, Nintendo EAD's masterpiece pulls you into a universe of incredible beauty. I won't spoil the details, but thisA simple extension of the Galaxy concept, Super Mario Galaxy 2 can't possibly have the same impact. But it does have the same spirit, throwing new ideas at you with gleeful and impulsive abandon, leaving you breathless, scrambling happily to keep up. Even after ten minutes, Nintendo EAD's masterpiece pulls you into a universe of incredible beauty. I won't spoil the details, but this probably has the best graphics to date on the Wii and the gameplay brings me back to my childhood when simplicity was fun. In short: Graphics: 10- The best you'll see Sound: 10- Classic Mario Music Gameplay: 10- Amazing Story: 9.75- It may be an original Mario story, but its just Bowser taking Peach Overall: 10 Final Verdict: If you're reading this and you own a Wii, you better buy this game. This is the second best game ever created by Nintendo EAD, just behind The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and is the best game on the Wii to date. As stated by IGN, its "Masterful". This isn't a game that redefines the genre: this is one that rolls it up and locks it away. If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel. Expand
  67. Feb 20, 2012
    As close to perfection as one can possibly hope to achieve. Spectacular graphics (especially by Wii standards), a truly amazing soundtrack (contains both old and new tunes), sharp controls (as great as the original), a lengthy quest (120 stars to collect and then some), the right amount of difficulty (starts out easy but gets progressively tougher), an incredible amount of diversityAs close to perfection as one can possibly hope to achieve. Spectacular graphics (especially by Wii standards), a truly amazing soundtrack (contains both old and new tunes), sharp controls (as great as the original), a lengthy quest (120 stars to collect and then some), the right amount of difficulty (starts out easy but gets progressively tougher), an incredible amount of diversity (there is something new in practically every single mission), fantastic presentation (the minimal story works quite nicely here; you are almost always within the action of the levels), and most important of all, the gameplay itself takes fun to a whole new level (keeps what made the original great while also expanding upon it). Sure, there are some minor gripes I could complain about (it does not have the original's impact and the camera acts up about 1% of the time), but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still my favorite platformer of all time. If you own a Wii, you simply must buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. No excuses. Expand
  68. Mar 24, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is simply an amazing game that will continue to be remembered and cherished by gamers from the future. It will be remembered as the icon for the seventh generation of gaming. But what makes it this great? It's the advancement of knowledge and experience that the century-old Nintendo has. It may have taken mankind hundreds and hundreds of years to find outSuper Mario Galaxy 2 is simply an amazing game that will continue to be remembered and cherished by gamers from the future. It will be remembered as the icon for the seventh generation of gaming. But what makes it this great? It's the advancement of knowledge and experience that the century-old Nintendo has. It may have taken mankind hundreds and hundreds of years to find out that the Earth wasn't round. But it took Nintendo just a few decades to find out that games didn't need to have flat surfaces. What we loved about the original is here, up-to-date graphics, extreme detail, orchestrated soundtracks but no
    voice acting. What really makes this a legend, is the gameplay, which we'll look into, right now.

Sphere walking, gravity-defying, launching from planet-to-planet, name them all, they are all flawless on every level. It's what builds this game. The controls are fluid, the story is fast-paced and the fun-loving Lumas of space and Toads of the the Mushroom Kingdom will make the gameplay experience memorable.

It's the culmination of 25 years that evolved Mario from a plumber fixing the sewers, to a hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and also, the hero gaming. It was he that saved video gaming after the crash of 1983 and prevented the collapse of the then-young video gaming industry. Believe what you see, it's Mario.
  69. Apr 23, 2012
    I liked this game from the start.The story is really good I mean I like it a lot.I like how they made the different types of the flowers and mushrooms.The one that I think is the best is bee Mario.The graphics are good but sometimes it's not so good as normally.They made the stars look a little fat but I still like it.When you are flying or going to a galaxy the galaxy around you looks soI liked this game from the start.The story is really good I mean I like it a lot.I like how they made the different types of the flowers and mushrooms.The one that I think is the best is bee Mario.The graphics are good but sometimes it's not so good as normally.They made the stars look a little fat but I still like it.When you are flying or going to a galaxy the galaxy around you looks so so so beautiful.The characters are good and with my opinion I would give it a 9/10. Expand
  70. May 16, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not only better than its predecessor Super Mario Galaxy, but the best game on the Wii. So much was improved and every level is so fun. The gameplay is amazing having lots of cool things like new power-ups, much better co-op, lots of new galaxies and even Yoshi! The levels involve you getting that star at the end and it's very satisfying. Instead of going through aSuper Mario Galaxy 2 is not only better than its predecessor Super Mario Galaxy, but the best game on the Wii. So much was improved and every level is so fun. The gameplay is amazing having lots of cool things like new power-ups, much better co-op, lots of new galaxies and even Yoshi! The levels involve you getting that star at the end and it's very satisfying. Instead of going through a big hub world, you now have a small hub that lets you choose your level in a map like SMB3, it's much better. My only problem is that sometimes the game feels too much like the first one. But still it's amazing. The graphics look excellent and definitely the best on the Wii. The level design is very creative and really great. The music is still orchestrated and awesome and it has more remixes. I think the first's music was better but still Galaxy 2's music is awesome. The sound effects are great as well. This game offers a ton of content. 242 stars to collect, Luigi playable, star comets, and much more. Overall, Mario Galaxy 2 was an amazing game and certainly one of the best games I played in my life. I give this game a 98. Expand
  71. May 16, 2012
    Quite simply the best 3D Mario game I have every played. My previous favourite Mario 64 has been ousted. Galaxy 1 was a fun game too but it was lacking some level design and gameplay elements. The stages on this are really flushed out and some are very challenging. Yoshi is also a great addition and done really well unlike the disaster in mario sunshine. The one problem I had was howQuite simply the best 3D Mario game I have every played. My previous favourite Mario 64 has been ousted. Galaxy 1 was a fun game too but it was lacking some level design and gameplay elements. The stages on this are really flushed out and some are very challenging. Yoshi is also a great addition and done really well unlike the disaster in mario sunshine. The one problem I had was how linear the stages are, no backtracking at all so it would be great to see what they can offer on Wii U, I would love say a mario 64 but with epic textures and graphics, galaxy 2 gameplay, and of course yoshi. Expand
  72. May 31, 2012
    Everything a game should be. Getting all the stars means 30 hours of constantly new, fun experience. From start to end you will never be bored. The difficulty is perfect, challenging but not in a broken way. The hardcore player will be immensely challenged before getting all the starts, but rarely frustrated because it's so fun. Anyone can enjoy this game. Why? Because it's near perfect,Everything a game should be. Getting all the stars means 30 hours of constantly new, fun experience. From start to end you will never be bored. The difficulty is perfect, challenging but not in a broken way. The hardcore player will be immensely challenged before getting all the starts, but rarely frustrated because it's so fun. Anyone can enjoy this game. Why? Because it's near perfect, it's a master piece, the level designs and ideas are incredible. Expand
  73. Jun 15, 2012
    SMG2 may have lot of oldschool approach to menus, voices, childish dialogues etc. but it's simply brilliant at it's core, platforming mechanics. Play this, and you'll feel what what was it like when platformers ruled the world :).
  74. Jun 3, 2012
    Simply amazing game...nothing much,the best Wii game to date,better than the first one,it fixes more things and it's funner as ever,the graphics are really really high,for Wii standards of course,and it just blew my mind when I saw them,the sound is really detailed,good music and so much more,I,for example,love the Super Mario Bros 3 remake,but that was in the first one.The game play?SoSimply amazing game...nothing much,the best Wii game to date,better than the first one,it fixes more things and it's funner as ever,the graphics are really really high,for Wii standards of course,and it just blew my mind when I saw them,the sound is really detailed,good music and so much more,I,for example,love the Super Mario Bros 3 remake,but that was in the first one.The game play?So fun,and so much of a challenge.If you lose too many lives on a level,Rosalina comes out and "helps" you,(I put it in quotes because it more like makes the level for you)by getting you all the way to the star,but it will also make the normal star,a bronze one,so you need to redo the level so you can get a normal star.Pretty hard I guess.
    Graphics 10/10 Best graphics ever on the Wii,really really detailed,it more looks like a normal,old PC couldn't handle it,but this isn't on the PC
    Sound 10/10 Classic Mario music,the sound is really great,also the music matches everything
    Storyline 9.9/10 It's the same story,Peach gets kind-napped by Bowser,good ol' Mario story!
    Gameplay 10/10 The game,is really fun,as I said,it's better than the first...just that awesome...
    Overall 10/10 No other company like Nintendo can make such a perfect game,like IGN,it's a masterpiece and worth the buy
  75. Jun 7, 2012
    This game feels like it should have been DLC. there is just a severe lack of new content here, if you played the first game then there's no reason to buy this game.
  76. Mar 21, 2013
    It sucks to be a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, but SMG2 almost tops its predecessor. The level design is still some of the best in any video game, much of it is owed to the new powerups and the addition of Yoshi. The graphics push the Wii to its limits both in detail and style, and it's hard to find a game that looks better on any platform. The orchestral themes are back,It sucks to be a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, but SMG2 almost tops its predecessor. The level design is still some of the best in any video game, much of it is owed to the new powerups and the addition of Yoshi. The graphics push the Wii to its limits both in detail and style, and it's hard to find a game that looks better on any platform. The orchestral themes are back, but many are reused or sound extremely similar to the ones in the original. Also, instead of a cute side story and unique, fully realized hub world like Galaxy 1, you get to explore Mario's head and go through a boring world/level map. So all in all, Galaxy 2 is a must-have game and stands tall as one of the best on Wii but like I said earlier: doesn't quite top Galaxy. Expand
  77. Aug 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That score over there is a huge understatement

Simply unbelievable. SMG2 is definitely the best game on the Wii, the best Mario game ever made, and maybe even the best thing Nintendo's even worked on. I don't think there's ever been a game where every single thing matched perfectly. The graphics are by far the best you're going to find on the Wii (Cosmic Cove Galaxy, anyone?), the music is only bested by the original Galaxy (Melty Monster Galaxy, Space Storm Galaxy, Sky Station), the design is just...beautiful (Melty Monster Galaxy, Flip-Out Galaxy). There's no other way to put it. Even that fat purple thing was hilarious.

I don't think there's ever been a game where the term "must-have" fits the description of the game better than Galaxy 2 does. If you own a Wii, you absolutely need this game. Even if you don't have a Wii, go out and buy one along with SMG2. You'll thank me later.
  78. Mar 11, 2013
  79. Oct 28, 2012
    The graphics are so sharp. The gameplay is simply fun and awesome platforming 3D. More galaxies, with Yoshi, and great story. This sequel of Super Mario Galaxy must be in your hands!
  80. Nov 10, 2012
    The definition of a perfect game. The culmination of Nintendo's game design skills in the decade's finest game. The gameplay is brilliant, and the creativity and enjoyment in levels is unrivaled. The second best game on Wii, second only to the legendary The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
    Truly a must-have for all Wii owners. A must-have for all people.
  81. Nov 5, 2012
    Many would believe it not possible to improve upon the original game, but sure enough Super Mario Galaxy 2 does. everything about this game is flawless, gameplay, music, controls, are all delightful. Nintendo shows that a sequel can be better than its predecessor in the most compelling way. One of my favorite games of all time. 10/10
  82. Nov 16, 2012
    Calling this the best Wii game, Nintendo game and Mario game are all under-statements. This is, in-fact, the best video game ever made. The game-play is solid along with its creativity. With its mesmerizing soundtrack, vivid graphics and clever level design - the Mario magic still lives. It's hard to imagine a game that could possibly be any better.
  83. Dec 2, 2012
    A game you will never want to put down,Super Mario Galaxy 2 lives up to the original.Take brilliant gameplay throw in the best graphics on Wii and the best music in a game I have ever heard and you've got this game,the best game of 2010 and the best game on wii(other than super smash bros brawl).you'll be playing this long after the wii u comes out and many generations of consoles as well
  84. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. the level design is fantastic and unique. to all the people saying this game is overrated you can all go chug a FAT FAT DICK!!!!
  85. Jan 26, 2013
    Two major things. 1. This game is the current pinnacle of 3D Mario games that is a must for all Wii owners. 2. Do not play this one before the first. I made the mistake of playing this game before the first, and it made going back to the first hard. The reason? The galaxy (level) layout is radically different -- it took me a while to get into the first because of this fact. Otherwise, anTwo major things. 1. This game is the current pinnacle of 3D Mario games that is a must for all Wii owners. 2. Do not play this one before the first. I made the mistake of playing this game before the first, and it made going back to the first hard. The reason? The galaxy (level) layout is radically different -- it took me a while to get into the first because of this fact. Otherwise, an amazingly done game--easily one of my top 5 all time favorites. Expand
  86. May 5, 2013
    I'm not a huge Mario fan, but it's impossible for me to not give this a 10, it was just so expertly made that it was so much fun to play. It also has a crazy amount of extra content after you beat the final boss.
  87. Feb 9, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is awesome. its fun to play.I loved the music.the power ups were great and there was so much to do.i completed 100% of the game and never got bored.this was my first super Mario.
  88. Apr 4, 2013
    Put simply; this is the best Wii game available. And to me, personally, the beat Mario game. The levels are cool, fun, creative. New powers are awesome. End of story. Go play this game
  89. Apr 5, 2013
    It's second game of the greatest series of this generation. The level design and everything else is above perfect. Nunchuck doesn't give you the great angle to control Mario at first but once you get used to it goes smoothly.
  90. Apr 6, 2013
    mario galaxy 2 is the best 3d platformer in history, it has it all, superb graphics, amazing art design, beautiful music and the best gameplay you can see in any console, leve it to nintendo to create an instant classic. Mario galaxy 2 is huge, after you beat the game you have a ton of things to unlock, you will put at least 40 hours into this game. is the best game on wii and the bestmario galaxy 2 is the best 3d platformer in history, it has it all, superb graphics, amazing art design, beautiful music and the best gameplay you can see in any console, leve it to nintendo to create an instant classic. Mario galaxy 2 is huge, after you beat the game you have a ton of things to unlock, you will put at least 40 hours into this game. is the best game on wii and the best game this generation. it's probably one of the best games of all time, you won't regret it. Expand
  91. May 3, 2013
    This game is great and has all of the really good attributes of Super Mario Galaxy (see my review of Super Mario Galaxy). There are quite a few new things such as Cloud Mario, Rock Mario and Yoshi is new and has heaps of cool powers. Two player mode is really good. Some levels are really hard to complete.The game is like a mystery because there are secret stars you need to find.
  92. May 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played! The soundtrack of this game is addictions, the Wii Remote is particularly useful, and I haven't had any unfair death or glitch. If anyone thinks that Nintendo is terrible and unoriginal, go and pick up this game and play it. It is worth it.
  93. Jun 25, 2013
    The first Mario Galaxy was really hard to improve, but with this second part you have the feeling that you are in the same magical place, and even that you are in a better adventure. More original, more creative, funnier, longer... 242 stars that will take you months to get in a perfect balance of difficulty. In my opinion, the best game for Wii.
  94. Jul 5, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is by far the greatest game I've ever played.

It's not about amazing stories or graphics but simple gameplay. Of course SMG2 is absolutely beautiful and colorfull but that's not the point.

Showing new habilities, a scheme control that is totally perfect and some level designs that I have never seen in my entire life.
  95. Aug 26, 2013
    Where do I even begin? This is an incredible game, which is even better than the original Super Mario Galaxy. And Super Mario Galaxy was absolutely amazing. The thing that makes galaxy 2 successful is that it takes all the creativity that made Galaxy a superb game and not only expands on it, but completely reinvents it. The basic goal of each level is the same- grab that power star. ButWhere do I even begin? This is an incredible game, which is even better than the original Super Mario Galaxy. And Super Mario Galaxy was absolutely amazing. The thing that makes galaxy 2 successful is that it takes all the creativity that made Galaxy a superb game and not only expands on it, but completely reinvents it. The basic goal of each level is the same- grab that power star. But Galaxy 2 throws in so many new elements as well as keeping the old ones.
    Each galaxy has a particular theme that is fully stretched to all its potential- such as the shiverburn galaxy, a mix of lava and ice, with bliss platforming so perfectly crafted. Then there's the Cosmic Cove galaxy, so damn pretty it's a shame the wii isn't HD. And then there's the chompworks galaxy, a sort of intergalactic chomp factory. Throughout the 49 galaxies, you'll meet interesting and eccentric characters, and run round planets, puzzles and enemies that are full of beauty and creativity. The storyline doesn't even matter- it's the characters in it that are important in Galaxy 2. They're funny, full of eccentricity and you always want more of them. Each galaxy has a unique concept that often could be made into an entirely new videogame! The gravity-defying mechanic of galaxy is used in a variety of interesting ways, and the camera rarely lets you down.
    The bosses are challenging and it's up to you to figure out how to defeat them.
    What makes galaxy 2 so incredible is a,so that galaxy's very few issues are addressed. There weren't many of them, but there were certainly fun. The first was getting to the levels: It was cumbersome and annoying trying to get round the observatory. Now, all the levels are in the same place, easily accessible.
    Another problem had been comet levels. These special twists appeared in galaxies and replaced all the levels until you completed it. In galaxy 2, it doesn't replace the levels, and the only way to unlock these extra levels is to collect the comet medals- one in each galaxy. They offer a superb challenge to completionists.
    Galaxy 2 also lets you know when you've passed a checkpoint, unlike galaxy, when you didn't know if you'd restart from the start of the level or halfway through. Galaxy 2 also doubles the amount of the stars to collect, thanks to a secret that will reveal 120 bonus stars.
    The graphics are also incredible and spectacular- it's a feast for the eyes- and the music is played by an orchestra, which really conveys both the loneliness and vadtness of space. The music and graphics both are simply beautiful.
    Gakaxy 2 is the sequel we all wanted.
  96. Aug 6, 2013
    best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  97. Sep 12, 2013
    I got really excited when I first heard that Nintendo was going to make a sequel to Super Mario Galaxy. When I finally played this game, I really loved it. Score: 5/5.
  98. Nov 17, 2013
    Perfect!!! A beautiful, clever, perfectly balanced 3D platformer. I did not play it with the "classic" style hand held controller so I don't know how it felt with the WII Mote.
  99. Nov 21, 2013
    epic game from start to finish. Each level is unique and smart beyond any level design seen in any other game. The fun factor remains insanely high except for 1 or 2 levels where there is a high increas in difficulity level. but in all, its really the best game out there.
  100. Nov 21, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is probably the nest game made for the Wii. Why you ask? Well, the graphics are incredible, the music is very catchy, and there are 242 stars to collect. The first galaxy game at 120! The galaxies are also easier to find because of the smaller, yet enjoyable hub world. If you own a Wii, this is a must have game.
  101. Sep 4, 2010

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.