9.1

1. Aug 12, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an excellent game in all kinds of aspects, the gameplay is all perfect and responsive, the variety is impressive not only on the different gameplay mechanics encountered, but also on the environments and ideas implemented. Graphics are the best on Wii, even more polished than its predecessor`s superb engine and the animation is fluid. Best of all when talking about presentation is the overall soundtrack of the game with full orchestrated tunes that sound beautiful and suit perfectly on the different levels. Those are the basics of what makes this game great, but going into more detail the real reason for it to be a true masterpiece comes thanks to the overall brilliance implemented by Nintendo with the level designs. This are all incredibly creative, varied and best of all, almost every one has new mechanics and ideas to show, the first hour of this game has more new things than almost all other entire games. A lot of the levels are also very challenging, if there was something wrong with the original Super Mario Galaxy was that it was pretty easy as a whole, but this sequel fixed that, and as a result it is a much more balance and satisfactory game. Galaxy 2 is also much more streamlined for the better, the new hub is just a spaceship shape like Mario`s face, its very little and to access a level all is needed is press a button on the ship and a map with all the unlocked levels will unveil, there, it is as easy as point and clicking the desired level, its all very organize, so there`s no worries about starting the game after a break and dont knowing where to go. This design also makes the game a much more fluid experience since its easy and fast to go to any level, making sure to always be in the action and not traveling long distances from hub to hub to access different levels like in the original, this also makes the game all the more addicting.Galaxy 2 is also more Mario like, theres lots of references to past Mario games coming from tunes enemies and even some of the levels unlike the original which concentrated soley on the space theme most of the time. The implementation of Yoshi also expands on the game since controlling him is much more different and he has different abilities than Mario, the levels design specifically for him are really fun and approach very well those new mechanics that he introduces. Closing down, it is also fair to mention how huge this game really is with a total of 242 stars, those include the classic and basic 120 stars that consist of showing all the levels and ideas, classic Mario, but the other 120 is a very rewarding challenge that Nintendo included, if theres something to know about it is that it is extremely hard. Completing that challenge will unlock the last level with the two remaining stars which are as hard as they can be, but ultimately makes up for the most satisfactory completion of a game on recent memory. That would be an approximate of 30 hours depending on the skill, which is just truly perfect. Consider this game the ultimate Mario experience and the most fun of this generation, a perfect and reliable contender for Game of the Year 2010. Expand
  2. Oct 25, 2010
    not a great game but not a bad one after i played it i felt like i wasted my time it's not bad and i think i am seriously underrating this game the game gets tedious after the 2nd level but this is what i truly think.
  3. Jan 1, 2012
    To be honest, 10 out of 10 doesn't even come close to doing this game justice. Best Wii game and best platformer ever made, no question. Managed the impossible job of improving upon its predecessor.
  4. Aug 17, 2010
    This is one of the greatest games I've ever played. The graphics are so vivid, the game play is great with the controls, also it just brings back Mario in another awesome game! I think it's the best game that I own for the Wii besides the first one.
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    I've briefly played "Super Mario Galaxy 2" and although it was brief, I still remember the epicness from the game. Not only does the game look clean and good, but the mechanism was simple and familiar. Mario couldn't look better in any other Mario games than this one. The brilliant, pure creativity of the product was also a blast. BUY IT!!!
  6. Oct 22, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy Expansion Pack is a copy/paste sequel of the original. Aside from a few new powers and Yoshi which are around for less than a quarter of the game there's really nothing this game adds to the formula. Most of the levels are slightly upgraded from the originals or the exact same, only a few songs in the game are original, and the difficulty was nonexistent. This was thanks to game holding your hand the entire way through. I hate to see Mario's image for innovation dragged through the dirt, but Miyamoto apparently doesn't care. Instead of a great sequel that expands on the original like Super Mario Sunshine, we're given a slightly touched up version that fails to convey the sense that you're in space like the original, to provide a fair difficulty level, or any difficulty for that matter, and to provide any originality. Expand
  7. Sep 4, 2011
    Absolutely spectacular! I love how they included some of the original music from the previous game, and even made more better music for the galaxies. I love how the graphics are perfect, rather than the original, and the puzzles are very original.
  8. Nov 27, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy was innovative but his second game was one more of the same. The only thing that was new was the Yoshi and even then it can only be used at some stages. There are many bosses who were the first game and were reused in this game which is disappointing when you expect something new. It's a fun game but expected more from him.
  9. Aug 28, 2011
    Improves on the original in every way, and ways you wouldn't know possible. The addition of Yoshi, new power-ups and millions of stuff besides that makes this a huge leap forward from Galaxy 1. A must have.
  10. Aug 23, 2010
    A content packed game, with a stunning soundtrack, stunning visuals and some of the most fun you will get on Wii. This is by far the best Wii game, few other titles, if any, come close to the imagination, playfullness or perfection that Galaxy 2 achieves.
  11. Jun 24, 2012
    Lots of people gush over this game, but it is nothing special.

Like its predecessor, the game, while ostensibly a 3D platformer, is missing what makes 3D platformers special - exploration. Instead, the levels are quite linear and very often, the fact that the game is 3D is rather irrelevant. Oh boy, there was a 90 degree turn in the linear path, which then continues on linearly! How
    awesome! This is the "3D" of this game for much of its gameplay, and there are sections which don't even pretend to be 3D, limiting Mario to a 2D environment.

As such, all we have are the levels, and the level design is not amazing. It isn't terrible - some of the levels are pretty fun - but it is often bland, the levels generally have a very unappealing appearance (looking quite boring), and there is usually only one path through any given level. The "secret stars" are never well hidden and are basically gimmes, resulting in many hours of bland gameplay with the occaisional really interesting bit.

This game, like its predecessor, is a step back from Mario 64. While it is better than Super Mario Galaxy, having much more interesting levels from a gameplay standpoint, the overall ugliness of the game, the lack of cohesion, and the linear levels make it feel like just a random grab bag of ideas rather than any sort of exciting or interesting whole.

This game is not terrible, but it is mediocre. There are many better games, and this game's high metacritic scores are soley due to the fact that it has the name Mario in it..
  12. Sep 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mario was so great in level architectures, Sound and Gameplay in the Last Years. But The both galaxy Games are not so good as Mario Sunshine or Mario 64. The Levels are very boring, nothing to discover, like in the N64 and Gamecube Games. And the Levels are too short and many of them too difficult. Graphics are good for Wii and the Sound ist good to, but the Gameplay istn´t as good as in the Games before, I prefer New Super Mario bros. Wii. Expand
  13. Aug 24, 2012
    Great game in theory, with excellent controls, beautiful levels, and quite a bit to lengthen the experience. The thing is, this game is just a little too similar to the first Mario Galaxy. The few new power-ups don't add too much, and several level mechanics are re-used from the first Mario Galaxy. Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2 feels a little too easy until the very end, the space theme isn't used nearly as well within the levels, the camera did not work very well at all for the Green Star missions, the gorgeous and expansive Comet Observatory has been replaced by a small and rather boring ship, and the great character Rosalina has lost her position as guide to an unfunny Luma with no backstory or anything. Basically, Super Mario Galaxy 2 tries to expand on the excellent formula of the first Mario Galaxy, but worsens it instead. Expand
  14. Sep 13, 2011
    I really don't know what all the fuss is about. It's a great game, yes, but not nearly the best for the console, as its score would suggest. The graphics and sound are excellent. Sometimes gameplay fails at the controls (Mainly while you walk on planets and round surfaces), but it's generally solid. The story is nonexistent, which is good since Mario should be all arcade.

What really,
    REALLY makes this game's score go down is tha awful amount of hand holding. I mean, halfway through the game they're still telling you how to spin with the wiimote, some of the bosses are awfully easy to beat, and you'll find yourself just blasting through the game.

To sum up, great graphics and sound, generally solid controls, nonexistent story and a terrible lack of difficulty (huge flaw). Good game overall, worth buying.
  15. Aug 21, 2010
    Better than the original in terms of gameplay, somehow. More user-friendly, too. However, the map system and Yoshi's controls are very clunky. These are minor and don't particularly detract from the experience, which is very immersive in levels.
  16. Aug 16, 2010
    Mario is back again in this new Galaxy game because peach has been kidnapped again, YAAY. I liked super Mario Galaxy 2 a lot, but I found the first one to be a lot better for a few reasons. In this game at times I had to change the camera angle which I never had to do in the first one, also in this game some motion control levels don't work as well as in galaxy 1, there are way too many 2d levels, and on top of all this long jumps are much harder to pull off then in the first. All these problems are here and are annoying but that is not to say the game is not good, the game is a blast to play both alone and with a friend in the upgraded co star multiplayer mode. Galaxy 2's levels are also still very varied and with great design, but they still are noticeably worse than the first Galaxy. If Galaxy 2 came out before Galaxy one I would have given it a better review, but the fact is Nintendo took a step back with this game. I don't dislike this game, I do still love it, but its worse than the first. Expand
  17. Aug 29, 2010
    Mario is back once again in space for a brand new adventure, or is it? This second installment brings back the great gameplay of the first game but with new stages, storyline and a few new power ups and extras like the addition of Yoshi. The whole adventure is a fantastic fun experience that shows once again why Mario is again king of platforming, but the problem is that the game is not as exciting as it could be due to the fact that it still remains very similar to the first game, and in some aspects it does things a little worse and too simple, which are the storyline and the ship that takes you to the galaxies. And for those that say this is actually a harder sequel, I honestly felt it was in the same difficulty of the first game and even with certain bosses, easier. Still, if you loved the first Mario Galaxy and want some more, then you should definitely check this game out. Expand
  18. RJV
    Sep 25, 2011
    I cannot come close to explaining how good this game is, but i can say that it is one of the few games that actually deserves the constant 10s from user scores. The only other game that comes close to it's level is the original Super Mario Galaxy. If you own a Wii it is a crime not to have this game, if you do not have a Wii you need to get one just so you can play this game. This game is the best there is, ( and probably the best there ever will be) for the Wii, as close to perfect as you can get. Expand
  19. May 16, 2012
    This is the best Wii game. No really, it is! If you own a Wii, your first priority should be this game. Sure, it may be a lot like the first one, but look at how many people buy CoD rehashes. I'm glad we still have games like this.
  20. Jan 17, 2012
    Definitely a great game but i just cant seem to really get into it since im playing other games like mario kart 7 and the legend of zelda skyward sword.
  21. Jun 25, 2013
    The first Mario Galaxy was really hard to improve, but with this second part you have the feeling that you are in the same magical place, and even that you are in a better adventure. More original, more creative, funnier, longer... 242 stars that will take you months to get in a perfect balance of difficulty. In my opinion, the best game for Wii.
  22. Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah, It's more of the same, but who cares.
    They are giving us more of what we love.
    Everything that can be said has already been said.
    the game is as perfect as possible. If you haven't bought this already, what the heck is wring with you.
    BUY THIS GAME!!!
  23. Aug 12, 2010
    this game is so fun. i really like the creativeness of it all. the vast variety of planets you can go to is so fun. you can do so much in it, and there's so much stuff to collect. i highly recommend this game.
  24. Sep 10, 2010
    i like this game. Mostly because of the moustache to be honest.
    I also like the bits where you jump from one bit to another and that. Those bits are pretty good too.
  25. Sep 4, 2010
    Better than its predecessor in every way, shape and form. This game is a master peace; filled with pure, unadulterated joy. Make no mistake, this is Mario's greatest 3D adventure to date.
  26. Sep 4, 2010
    Buy a Wii Just for this game, It's Worth With it, trust me, I Reapet Untill you Buy it! BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME ... I Hoped you have Buyed it... If not... Expand
  27. Sep 9, 2010
    This game is awesome. That's a generic comment, but it's literally the best way to sum up this game. I would often say to myself: "Wow, that's a brilliant idea," or "This level design is amazing," and eventually I realized that I was saying these things for every single area of every single level in the game. It stays fresh ALL THE TIME and the ideas are brilliant and executed well. This is a game that doesn't try to be art, doesn't try to be different, but it doesn't need to be. It's pure fun. Expand
  28. Sep 13, 2010
    Nintendo has topped themselves again. Redefined what a true 3D platformer should play like. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is simply the best game of 2010. Play it, enjoy it, love it. It is the masterpiece you've heard it to be. A modern classic. 10/10.
  29. Oct 30, 2010
    I dont mean any offense, but if you think that this game with so much variety, ease of use, amazing sound, and lengthy gameplay time to get a bang out of your buck is anything less than as perfect as games can possibly get, then there is something wrong here.
  30. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = How did Nintendo manage to make a better game than Super Mario Galaxy?? Unbelievable!!
  31. Sep 5, 2012
    3D platforming at its best. The controls are precise, the graphics are vivid and they manage to create orignal puzzles. They improved everything from its predecessor, it is easily one of the best games of this generation.
  32. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 truly is the Jewel in the Wii's Crown. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this game even more than the first one, I loved that game, even saying it was the best game on the Wii. This one is more streamlined, the levels are possibly more fun and the graphics are even better. The only thing the first one has over this is the story, but Mario games aren't amazing for that anyway. This seriously is the best game on the Wii. Plus, it has Yoshi, which is always good. And the boss battles with Bowser this time are incredibly epic. Everything just works so smoothly and well, Nintendo obviously put a lot of work into this masterpiece. Best game of the generation easily. Expand
  33. Dec 5, 2011
    I have been playing Nintendo games since I was 8 years old, when I was bought an NES for christmas. Super mario bros came with it, and I was instantly captivated. Me and my friends would obsessively play it for hours together...taking it in turns to see who could get furthest, or who could find a secret that none of us already knew. SO began my love of Nintendo, and Mario. It has been a rewarding love afair, with each game in the series capturing the same magic as that Christmas in 1989 (Except for SUper Mario Sunshine...That one was a bit ropey).

The first Super Mario Galaxy was amazing. I loved playing around with gravity, and some of the levels were expertly crafted; but...It was all a bit easy. I had come to associate Mario with a difficulty curve that catered for those of a tougher constitution. And this is where the sequal comes in. It may seem like simply a second chapter to the first game, but it is so much more. It improves upon what came before in every way. Most importantly it is a very tough cookie in places, with some of the most fiendinsh level design since the Super Mario 64.

If you consider yourself a gamer, play this game. If you are a Nintendo fan...well you must have already played and played and played it, so you know what I am talking about.
  34. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 is one of those sequels that overcome the majesty of the first game. In a single word, is an evolution of a revolution. No doubt we are facing the final platform, the best of the generation and one of the best ever. All this magnificent game makes it a Must Heave the Wii without any question. Recommended for everyone, EVERYONE, especially those who hate Mario or those who doubt that deserves a ten out of ten.______________________________________ Mario Galaxy 2 es una de esas secuelas que superan la majestuosidad de su antesesor. En una sola palabra, es la evolucion de una revolucion. Sin duda estamos ante el mejor plataforma de la generacion y uno de los mejores de todos los tiempos, Toda esta magnificencia de juego lo convierte en un Must Heave de la Wii sin cuestión alguna. Recomendado para todo el mundo, PARA TODOS, en especial para aquellos que dudan que merezca un 10 de 10 Expand
  35. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had an issue with the difficulty level of the original Super Mario Galaxy. It seemed like you could play through the entire game in one sitting (albeit, a very LONG sitting). With Super Mario Galaxy 2, Nintendo have actually improved on the gameplay, adding more powerups, interesting surroundings, new music and 2D inspired levels. The idea that this game was going to be released as SMG 1.5 beggars belief.

Any and all complaints regarding the original are all solved seamlessly in this (virtually new) game.

I am stuck trying for the grand-master star (1 of 2) for my final two stars. Luckily, there are TWO people who have recorded this, and posted the video on YouTube, so if you need some pointers, check them out. This may very well be the hardest platformer level ever created. After seeing the movie, you can gauge your progress through the level, because without the benefit of seeing the entire level, you have no idea how close you are to completing it (I am dangerously close).

The simple fact of the matter is: If you loved Super Mario Galaxy, you will love Super Mario Galaxy 2 MORE!

10/10 - perfection as only Shigeru Miyamoto can deliver!
  36. Dec 13, 2011
    this game is not what I was expecting. I thought there wold be more yoshi stages. but is was still kind of fun. so that is why I think it should be 7/10
  37. Oct 24, 2012
    Truly a treat to play. While there's less of an emphasis on an overarching plot like in the first Galaxy, there's much more conniving and challenging level design to offset this. Twice as lengthy and twice as difficult as its predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 delivers on nearly all accounts and is arguably the best Mario game to date. Next generation Mario has its work cut out for it.
  38. Feb 12, 2012
    Truly amazing. It would be hard to find a better game than this one. One of the hardest things a game developer can do is take a game, and make a sequel directly after the first one, and make it so much better. This game is the best platformer ever, and all other platformers will be compared to it from now on. This game is a must have for any gamer, hardcore or casual.
  39. Jan 10, 2012
    Those who say this game is bad deserve to be slapped. It's a great platformer with awesome gameplay and challenges for advanced players. A true epic.
  40. Feb 20, 2012
    As close to perfection as one can possibly hope to achieve. Spectacular graphics (especially by Wii standards), a truly amazing soundtrack (contains both old and new tunes), sharp controls (as great as the original), a lengthy quest (120 stars to collect and then some), the right amount of difficulty (starts out easy but gets progressively tougher), an incredible amount of diversity (there is something new in practically every single mission), fantastic presentation (the minimal story works quite nicely here; you are almost always within the action of the levels), and most important of all, the gameplay itself takes fun to a whole new level (keeps what made the original great while also expanding upon it). Sure, there are some minor gripes I could complain about (it does not have the original's impact and the camera acts up about 1% of the time), but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still my favorite platformer of all time. If you own a Wii, you simply must buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. No excuses. Expand
  41. Mar 24, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is simply an amazing game that will continue to be remembered and cherished by gamers from the future. It will be remembered as the icon for the seventh generation of gaming. But what makes it this great? It's the advancement of knowledge and experience that the century-old Nintendo has. It may have taken mankind hundreds and hundreds of years to find out that the Earth wasn't round. But it took Nintendo just a few decades to find out that games didn't need to have flat surfaces. What we loved about the original is here, up-to-date graphics, extreme detail, orchestrated soundtracks but no
    voice acting. What really makes this a legend, is the gameplay, which we'll look into, right now.

Sphere walking, gravity-defying, launching from planet-to-planet, name them all, they are all flawless on every level. It's what builds this game. The controls are fluid, the story is fast-paced and the fun-loving Lumas of space and Toads of the the Mushroom Kingdom will make the gameplay experience memorable.

It's the culmination of 25 years that evolved Mario from a plumber fixing the sewers, to a hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and also, the hero gaming. It was he that saved video gaming after the crash of 1983 and prevented the collapse of the then-young video gaming industry. Believe what you see, it's Mario.
  42. Apr 23, 2012
    I liked this game from the start.The story is really good I mean I like it a lot.I like how they made the different types of the flowers and mushrooms.The one that I think is the best is bee Mario.The graphics are good but sometimes it's not so good as normally.They made the stars look a little fat but I still like it.When you are flying or going to a galaxy the galaxy around you looks so so so beautiful.The characters are good and with my opinion I would give it a 9/10. Expand
  43. May 16, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not only better than its predecessor Super Mario Galaxy, but the best game on the Wii. So much was improved and every level is so fun. The gameplay is amazing having lots of cool things like new power-ups, much better co-op, lots of new galaxies and even Yoshi! The levels involve you getting that star at the end and it's very satisfying. Instead of going through a big hub world, you now have a small hub that lets you choose your level in a map like SMB3, it's much better. My only problem is that sometimes the game feels too much like the first one. But still it's amazing. The graphics look excellent and definitely the best on the Wii. The level design is very creative and really great. The music is still orchestrated and awesome and it has more remixes. I think the first's music was better but still Galaxy 2's music is awesome. The sound effects are great as well. This game offers a ton of content. 242 stars to collect, Luigi playable, star comets, and much more. Overall, Mario Galaxy 2 was an amazing game and certainly one of the best games I played in my life. I give this game a 98. Expand
  44. Feb 4, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a fun game and all, but didn't get to me the way the first did. I didn't like how the Comet Observatory was replaced with Starship Mario, and how Rosalina was replaced with Lubba. I did like the final Green Power Star montage. Overall I give this game an 8/10 stars.
  45. Mar 2, 2013
    The space where it was possible to move always seemed to be very small. Almost felt like a converted 2d game. The gravity didnt feel like a good instalment in the series, mostly irritating to be honest. I wasnt a great fan of the motion control either, felt very duckt taped and gimmicky. I hope they will let us choose the wii u pro controller for the next game. Sometimes you just want to lay still in the couch or bed without waving your hands in the air. The art style left nothing to complain about, lovely colours as usual. The setting in space didnt really appeal to me though, but it wasnt too bad since it had many places that wasnt too "spacey". The graphics left much to wish for, but it wasnt much they could do with that hardware. It does look significantly better on dolphin emulator with upscaling and some minor graphic tweaks. An OK game, but the Galaxy instalment is by far the worst in the series. Id much rather see a real sequel to Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine. This concept doesnt feel like it would entertain in a new game and missed that Mario feeling to it. Its obvious that this game was a hit among the new and younger crowd. I hope that they get to experience Mario 64 some day. I think theyll be blown away! Expand
  46. Jun 3, 2013
    When I give it a 7/10, that doesn't mean I think its bad. I just think its a little overrated. In fact, my official score is 7.3 if that makes anyone feel better.

The Good:
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is technically brilliant. The music is masterful, the water effects and lighting effects are nice, but the overall best part about this game is the animation. Its just unbelievably gorgeous. The
    colors the textures. If I was rating this game based on animation, It'd get an 11/10. As I said, the music is great. There are a lot of songs in here that are stellar, but my 2 favorites are the song from the Clockworks Galaxy and The Final Bowser Battle. Also, there is a lot more freedom to run around discovering things in levels, a huge flaw I have with the original. There are these things called Comet Coins to collect which unlock a whole new set of challenges to play. My second favorite new thing they added was Chimp, a side-villain who is always harassing Mario to play his games. (Ice Skating and Bowling to name a few) These games may sound simple, but really, they're addicting and creative. And even after he gives you the star, you may go back and play said game just for the fun of it. Even small things like hidden 1-Ups and gobs of star bits can keep you in a level twice as long as you intended to be. And not only is the game creative, its really hard. A few of these levels REALLY tried my patience. The hub has been improved, too. It's like your sandbox rather than your everyday empty, bland spacecraft. There are some fun things to complete and to obtain. So, what I have just mentioned here is all the GOOD things about the game. But you may ask, "What are the bad things that take away those 27 points???" That's why we're moving onto the BAD. Duh! Duh! Duhhh!!!

The Bad:
    Well, to start, Its either you have Yoshi shown frequently in a Mario game, or I don't think its flawless. If I remember right, he only got 7 or 8 appearances. Yoshi is one of the most loveable and innocent characters in all of media. He's my favorite in the Mario series, and he really should have more appearances in this game. (12 at the very least) He's the coolest power-up in the game, too. You have his abilities to float, sprint, and my favorite, see invisible floors. And I've always loved his unique ability to eat everything. Also, I feel some of the special levels and power-ups (This is NOT counting Yoshi) are either mediocre or horrendous. The new Boo Mushroom was really goofy, and WHY would they bring back the Spring Ability?!!!!!!! Nintendo, are you deaf?! We all HATED that move. There are 2 levels in this game that I thought were just plain awful: Here's a hint: BOTH OF THEM HAD A ROLLING BALL WITH A STAR INSIDE INVOLVED. .THE ROLLING MASTERPIECE GALAXY, AND THE ROLLING COASTER GALAXY. Thank you for being abysmal. Not! Also, the Final Bowser Battle was the perfect. .way to end a game on a bad note. It was really easy and so disappointing. You would think, "Oh, crap! This is going to take forever!" 69 seconds later: "WHAT IN THE NAME OF----" Its not a nit-pick. Its a big flaw. Especially for an action adventure game. This is small, and Mario has never been about story and characters, but I think Lubba is a big step down from my 3rd favorite Mario character Rosalina, who was very complex and grand.

The Ugly:
    Unfortunately, I don't think this game is as great as the original. It just didn't feel as grand and as influential as the original. I couldn't tell you why specifically, because I really don't know. However, I have 2 theories: Number One is Super Mario Galaxy 1 that it feels more space like with the music, the art, the gameplay and so forth, and Galaxy 2 just feels like the level designs put the clouds closer to the ground.
    Theory Number 2 says its just the Nostalgic Side of me speaking.

All in all, Super Mario Galaxy 2 may not surpass its predecessor, (my opinion) but its a boatload of fun for anyone who picks it up.
    Super Mario Galaxy 1 rating: 9.6/10
    I was talking about who my favorite Mario characters were a little, so here's my top 10 favorites:
    10.Wario
    9.Waluigi
    8. Diddy Kong
    7.Nokis and Piantas
    6. Kamella (Super Mario Galaxy 1 Boss)
    5. Luigi
    4.Bowser
    3.Rosalina
    2.Bowser Jr.
    1.Yoshi!
  47. fct
    Aug 14, 2010
    Yet again Nintendo have pulled it off in making a wonderfully enjoyable experience, from the moment I started I couldn't stop myself from finishing it. The sense of accomplishment you get from beating any part of this game is extremely satisfying and it never got old, from the first star to the end I couldn't help myself in fully completing it.
    The story in this game is the same you've
    been hearing for decades, Bowser kidnaps Princess, Mario (and friends) save everybody. It may seem old but you won't mind as along the way you'll have plenty to smile about. As to be expected from the previous "Galaxy" game, it looks even more stunning and the level designs have been nothing less than ingenious in this game, some might say downright nasty on occasion, by this I mean that you may found yourself in gamer rage mode when the difficulty ramps up, but its to be expected and if anything it makes it just a little bit more satisfying when its over.
    I don't want to go into detail about what you'll find in this game as that 'll just spoil the surprise, but you'll find yourself in some pretty rad worlds with some fun toys to aid you along, and along the way you'll find a specific galaxy in the game that 'll bring a smile to your face if you've played the classic 'Super Mario 64'.
  48. Aug 22, 2010
    Galaxy 2 is even better then the first! With cool new worlds and new insane power ups including rock mario and cloud mario, this game is by far better then the first. And yoshi's back! The only down side to this game is the co-op the second play should be able to be luigie. Overall i give it a 9.8
  49. Aug 25, 2010
    One of the best Wii games, and one of the best games of the World.
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 have nice graphics, nice gameplay, and inovation. Shigeru Miyamoto is a GOD!
  50. Aug 27, 2010
    The question that is asked a lot is whether Galaxy 2 is better than its predecessor ?in every respect. I can say yes, however there is an element of no in the answer as the impact this game has on the industry is not going to be as strong as the original. Nintendo has truly delivered a sequel of epic proportions as it is more difficult (the original was a bit too easy in my opinion), more colorful and much more imaginative than ever before. With a host of new power ups such as the cloud and rock suit your going to have lots of fun and the originals return as well to a good measure. The biggest addition which is also the big game changer , is the inclusion of Yoshi. He's more than a power-up ,he is an extension to mario impressive abilities and he even has his own power ups to make him even more durable for example the hot pepper which allow Yoshi to dash at speeds that could match sonic is a joy to play with. I could go on about this game and how much it has improved, how the level concepts are strong enough to be fully fledged games, how responsive and tight the controls are, how much more streamlined the experience is, and how the presentation of this game is out of this world and how much more challenging the game is now. I Can only say that you must play this game and trust me you would not be disappointed. Nintendo has once again moved the mario platformer closer to gaming perfection. The question i am now asking myself now is what next for mario? Super mario universe? I hope so. Until then this game in my opinion is Mario's finest hour and one of the best if not best the year 2010 has given us. Expand
  51. Oct 8, 2012
    Consider me "wowed." Again. Yes, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good: brilliant gravity platfoming. Incredibly tight and responsive controls. Fantastic musical score. But it's not a "me too" experience -- a significant majority of this sequel is brand new.
  52. Aug 31, 2010
    Put simply... Nintendo crafted a masterpiece. Epic music, amazing designs and so much fun in this intensely fun game for everyone and anyone. I would recommend ANYONE out there who has a Wii... but does not have this on their game shelf to scrape up the money and buy it now. You will NOT be sorry.
  53. Sep 9, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a definite purchase for me before it was even released. After beating the first game and grabbing every star with Mario AND Luigi I couldn't wait for more new challenges in the sequel.
    Overall I gotta say this game delivered absolutely everything I expected and more. Yoshi is a fun new addition to the gameplay and adds a new dimension to the style of the game which at this point I never thought could be done considering all the new things i've experienced already.
    Also i'm super stoked that my boy Luigi still gets to have some fun once in a while.
    Mario's new power-ups are very practical and open up lots of new possibilities that still manage to set the bar higher than the first game had (my fave is the rock). The absence of Rosalina is a breath of fresh air because she was just plain creepy and not worth having around, what would you expect from someone who's stuck on a ship eating starbits forever she always seemed ready to commit suicide.

Having said all this so far, I feel like pretty much everyone giving 10's on their reviews are seeing something I haven't. I currently have 91 stars and feel like this game is not better than the first but rather a direct sequel. At one point for about 2 weeks I would have much preferred to play something else because galaxy 2 wasn't anything Universally PHENOMINAL like everyone suggests. I'm hoping that something incredible is in store for me as I get into the last quarter of the game and it isn't a case of me thinking nothing is good enough anymore. My biggest problem is that the game throws quite a few softballs and dishes out too many 1up mushrooms, at one point a ghost version of Rosalina asked me if I would like her to "direct me to the power star" after dying a few times on a quick mini game. I felt like shoving a bobomb up her ass. The bosses are more unique and entertaining but I prefer the bosses that piss me off a bit more and are more satisfying to kill like in Galaxy 1. Overall I know that once i'm finished with this game that i'll be sad it's over and want even more, but the more I play, the more I wonder why it's considered to be WAY better than the first game. It's a fantastic game no doubt, probably better for a first time galaxy player, but an absolute MUST HAVE for any nintendo/mario fanatic. You gotta play this game (and the first) to experience the second coming of the Ocarina of Time feeling of amazingness. Nintendo did everything right with the Galaxy series. PLAY IT!!!
  54. Sep 29, 2010
    After I saw this on E3, the first thing that came on my mind is that how the hell could they top Galaxy, one of the very best games on the Wii system? Consider my question irrelevant as Galaxy 2 is a complete and total superiority over Galaxy. Gameplay is completely improved with more variety, the level design is more creative, the orchestral music is more grandiose and epic and it is a more challenging, difficult game on its own. BUY IT NOW! Expand
  55. Sep 16, 2010
    I told myself that i would get every single star in this game cause i havent yet in the first one, and I spent about 30 hours playing this game. First of all it is extremely harder than the first one plus, I love how they put yoshi in this game. Nintendo's greatest game ever Besides Ocarina of time (Zelda) and maybe the first one.
  56. May 30, 2011
    I have had dreams about this game. It's that good. Every level offers so much creativity and vision; this really was a game made with love. The soundtrack is stunning, the visuals are gorgeous and the controls so so tight. This is one of my favourite games :)
  57. Sep 25, 2010
    This game is an example of epicness. Do not listen to what people say, because they are fanboys and they are mad at this game because its the second best game in the world. so stop reading my review and go buy this game.
  58. Feb 7, 2014
    Can't choose between this one and the first for which is Wii 's star game. This one is more of the same, but never has that been such a good thing. Play this.
  59. Oct 10, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy was, at the time of it's release, the best Mario game out there. It was obvious that, after Super Mario Galaxy, it would be hard to have a Mario game as memorable as that one. Being obvious was never so wrong. Super mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game out there. Tons of contents, stunning Graphics, even if the Wii is not the most powerful console of the generation, and the best soundtrack yet (in a game, at least). Super Mario Galaxy is almost a mix of the best sategs in the Mario history... with a twist. GRAVITY!
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 brings back the amazing gameplay from the 1st one and implements the most adorable DRAGON (Yes, Yoshi is a dragon, as said by himself in the game) in space. Every mission will present you a different concept. It's either having to think very carefully before spinning so you don't make wrong jumps, or simply bouncing of fruits midair. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a game as addicting as drugs. You'll finish it, and then you'll start it all over again. The game actually challenges the hardcore players with things like the Grandmaster Galaxy, and the Prankster Comets. There is also one boss that can be quite a surprise (AND annoying). Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best Mario game EVER? Why yes, it is. Is it the best Wii Game EVER? Yup. Is it worthy of perfect score? Yes,. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even worthy of being called one of the best games in the history.
  60. Oct 27, 2011
    One of my favorite games of all time. It has all the features of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and still is so much better. It does not get repetitive compared to Super Mario Galaxy 1. I completed 1 and 2 100%. Both were awesome but Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a lot better. The levels are all different compared to 1 and power ups either return from 1 or are all new. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both awesome but 2 is so much better, Expand
  61. Oct 19, 2010
    Although it felt a little too much like a giant expansion pack, Super Mario Galaxy 2 had most of the things that made the first one great. Its a little annoying to have to have a certain amount of stars to progress, but the inclusion of Yoshi and plenty of other new ideas have more than made up for it. If you loved the first, play this game immediately. If you didn't, be warned that this game is not much of an improvement over the still amazing original. Expand
  62. Mar 1, 2012
    A truly excellent Wii game that could have been harder for old school gamers. Galaxy 2 turned out to be just the right length and difficulty for anyone to have fun. You can even ride Yoshi and transform into many new forms. This could very well be the best 3d Mario game and goes right up there with N64, however not as classic as Mario 3. While not truly inspired, because it is a sequel, this game was fun, addictive, and made some improvements. It is a very solid game that should please anyone of any age. If you like collecting stars to advance to the next level, buy it. Expand
  63. Nov 4, 2010
    One of the most creative games Ive ever played! It does not let up at all from start to finish. It is constantly throwing something to new your way. This game is why i am still a Nintendo fan and why i refuse to be anything else. It is what all games should be. fun. pure and simple this game is fun from start to finish. It never gets old and keeps throwing fresh ideas at you. My only minor complaint would be there should be a little more Yoshi. Expand
  64. Feb 24, 2011
    This game delivered a similar experience to gamers and gave a well deserved challenge for veterans. Its full of takebacks from previous games, though it would have been nice to see an exact replica of it. It gives new items, worlds and techniques to bypass the diverse levels. Though I miss the hud world, I copt and enjoyed the game greatly. This is a definite must buy for Mario fans.
  65. Oct 8, 2013
    The greatest Nintendo character of all time gets the best game series ever created in the form of Super Mario Galaxy.

These games are so well crafted and fun that it might be the closest thing to a 'perfect rating' a game could ever get. Everything from the fantastic level design, worlds, characters and beautiful graphics to the breathtaking scope and Bosses makes this one of the very
    best games of all time! It well deserves the attention it gets and as always, I can't wait for Nintendo's next instalment in the Mario franchise. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    Words cannot describe the genius of this game. This game is a testament to the creative spirit of humanity. It's hard to fathom how a Mario game can achieve such technical, artistic, and gameplay perfection, yet this game does everything right. It's charming, jam-packed with content, and simple to learn but hard to master. Just when I though Galaxy 1 was perfect, Galaxy 2 supersedes it! All other platformers, as good as they may be, pale in comparison. Expand
  67. Nov 15, 2010
    An amazing entry into the Mario series. It delievers a brilliant platforming experience and I highly reccomend you play this. There are brilliant level and some good enemey designs, which provide good action. If you were annoyed with the toned down difficulty level in the original, rejoice, because you'll find it difficult, peitcuarly in the later levels. Although the original, in my opinion anyway, music track was slightly better, you'll still be blown away by some masterful pieces, and a testament to Kondo's glorious career. The only two faults I could find was the lack of thought that went into the storyline. It seemed EAD forgot about it until last minute and rushed it. A very lazy storyline which basically repeats the original. The other fault was the recycled boss fight. Still, doesn't really detract from an amazing platformer.
    If you own a Wii, you need to own this. A true Mario platformer with some new, ingenius ideas mixed with some other brilliant ones from predecessors. A brilliant experience.
  68. Nov 16, 2010
    This is a simply fabulous game to play. Nintendo have utterly surpassed themselves with this game, which builds on everything Galaxy 1 started on and improves it too.
    The story is, of course, wafer-thin at best, but the way this Mario game is set out like a storybook at the beginning is entertaining and pleasing. The graphics are stunning throughout, and the way the controls become second
    nature almost instantly gives it a great 'pick up and play' feeling. This is a game which is truly accessible to all.
    The gameplay is varied as ever, with different galaxies and planets providing the differentiation. The slightly confusing nature of the Comet Observatory in the first game is gone in Galaxy 2, replaced by a much more simplified and classic World Map.
    The 2-player mode, which was very limited in Galaxy 1, has been expanded for this game. Although your friend still plays as a Star Bit-fetching being, he/she is now a Luma instead of a generic star, and said Luma can now also collect coins, 1-Ups and other mushrooms, making this experience slightly more worthwile instead of more of a gimmick.
    My one qualm of this game is there is no form of online or battle mode, but frankly if the developers had been making up a new mode this may have affected the production of this epic game. Galaxy 2 is a quality game, and a must-have for any Wii owner.
  69. Nov 17, 2010
    Wow. Simply wow. This has to be one of the best if not THE best game I've ever played in years. Why? Well I'll tell you. After the disappointment that was the first Super Mario Galaxy I thought Nintendo wouldn't be creating another Galaxy game for Mario. How wrong I was. When this classic was announced at E3 2009 I was like, "Oh no not this again". But as time passed I decided that I should pre-order the game at GameStop so I did. And instead of being disappointed at the game I smiled and said to myself, "This is Mario Galaxy". Now you're probably thinking, "You didn't like Super Mario Galaxy?" Well I did. But as I've already said above I was disappointed. Why? Because of a couple of reasons. The first reason is that the game was WAY TOO EASY. I completed the game 100% in a week. That's including Luigi's Story was well. And all the Green Stars. And Trial Galaxies. But let's face it. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is WAY HARDER. End of story. Another problem with the first Mario Galaxy game was that it just didn't have enough. Yes it has 242 Power Stars altogether and many Galaxies to collect them in but for me the game was just too linear. Super Mario Galaxy 2 may be a bit more linear than the first but at least it has better level design and challenge. But I still adored the the music in the first Galaxy game and the bosses. Those were the things that made up to the easiness and linear style. And that's pretty much all I disliked about the first Mario Galaxy game. I would have preferred the game to be a bit more challenging. Now back to Galaxy 2. The things that make this gem so much better than the first is that it's so much more magical. The level designs in this show you how hard the developers really worked on this. The game also has an unexplainable charm to it that really makes you want to complete it. There is so much to do in this game. Yes it does have the EXACT SAME number of Power Stars as the first but half of them aren't even PROPER Power Stars. The difficulty in this game is cruel to you. Complete the game 100% without losing a Life. Not a problem in the first Galaxy but in this it'll be hell all out. Bosses, Puzzles, Gameplay and Objectives are harder in this game, fully detailed and all. It's a classic worth getting. The Grandmaster Galaxy in this is frustratingly hard. VERY. Play at your own risk. The Galaxies themselves are HUMONGOUS. Very well done. There are new Power Ups as well and they add even more fun to the Gameplay. Even Yoshi has Power Ups. Well this ends my review on Super Mario Galaxy 2. Final words? Best game on the Nintendo Wii yet. Expand
  70. Oct 23, 2011
    SMG was already real damn good. But SMG2- my god is it amazing. Improved visuals, endlessly imaginitive level design, awesome new power-ups (especially Yoshi), and more stars then ever before- you`ll fall in love all over again.
  71. Nov 24, 2010
    Perfect. All I can say. It makes me say more characters so:................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
  72. Nov 30, 2010
    This is a very good game... just not a great one. Galaxy 2 bears so many similarities to the 2007 title that you can't help but feel that this feels more like an expansion pack instead of a full-blown sequel. Case in point, the very first sub-boss is identical to one boss from the first Galaxy, right down to the pattern to defeat it. Ultimately, this familiarity really works against the game and holds it back from what it should have been. Expand
  73. Nov 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ez nagyon jó játék minden benne van ami van szóval ez jó nagyon Jà Expand
  74. Dec 1, 2010
    One of the most creative and most fun games of all times! I love this game's view on gravity but it's less open than 1 but more fun. I still miss the openess of sm64 and sunshine.
  75. Dec 19, 2010
    This is probably one of the best games I have played. Probably the best of all time. It really shows how amazing the graphics on the Wii can be. No matter how bad others make them out to be. The game play was fun and enjoyable. The storyline was alright (although who cares about story in a Mario game). Altogether it was an amazing game and an awesome sequel to the original. This game is a MUST GET. Expand
  76. May 27, 2011
    Bought this game with skepticism thinking it would just be a tacked on, rushed expansion but it was faaar me. It's a complete second game, believe it or not better than the original. At times it doesn't even feel like the first. (in a good way)
  77. Jan 15, 2011
    Even though the first time I played this game was in a store and I was kicked off in the first three minutes, it was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had. I'm also a very tough scorer, might I add. The reason this game deserves a ten is because it included hugely imaginative galaxies, like the Flash Back galaxy, where you are in a haunted mansion and it flashes a quick burst of light in time with the music. The music is great. It even has its own orchestra called "The Super Mario Galaxy Orchestra". FACT. For a Wii game, the graphics are really good. This game is nowhere near easy. There's so many stars to collect and the later galaxies are as tough as cremated steak but they reward you very well. Good luck beating this 100% in your first year. I did not get bored once in this game, and that is saying something. Of course, it does have similar bosses to the original and some often reappear but that did not bug me one single bit. Although I did kind of want to give it a lower score because of that, it's just impossible. It's that kind of game that makes you glad that you're a gamer. Expand
  78. Jan 13, 2011
    A little bit after two years worth of waiting the sequel to the critically acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy 2 is back! This game beats it's predecessor Super Mario Galaxy by FAR. It's controls are extremely easy to master making it extremely fun, it's camera controls are perfect so you'll have no problem getting out of a tight corner, and it's graphics are simply mind-blowing! Even better is it's music preformed by an Orchestra! All this put together is a perfect score of 10/10. Expand
  79. Mar 2, 2011
    All my life, I've followed the Mario franchise as a loyal fan. Sure I may not be as big a fan of Mario as I am a Zelda fan, but Mario is still one of my favorite and most beloved video game characters ever. So naturally, I was definately looking forward to getting my hands on this monster of a Mario game. Wow, what a monster it was. Seriously, Mario Galaxy 2 has got to be the best Mario game since Super Mario 64, which is my personal favorite Mario game, and also one of my most favorited games ever. I can't say for sure if Mario Galaxy 2 is better than Mario 64, it's actually a tough call, that's how amazing this game is. The little plummer dressed in red has shown with this game that he's still got it. Honestly, I can hardly find anything wrong with this game, it's nearly perfect. Some say it might actually be better than Ocarina of Time itself. Although I disagree with that, I still think that Mario Galaxy 2 is one of Nintendo's best titles. They really went all out with this game. I mean, Mario Galaxy 1 was a great game, it is still known as one of the Wii's best games. So the fact that Nintendo brought it out again and made it better? That is one heck of an accomplishment. Many elements go into play here, which include having to use gravity, just like you did in the first game. But this time, they added Yoshi. SON OF A......... FREAKIN YOSHI MAN!!!!! EPIC WIN!!!! I mean seriously, everybody loves Yoshi right? Also for you Luigi fans out there, yup, they added Luigi, AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! At certain levels, you can select to play as Luigi, which will give you bonuses in other levels. There are more levels, and more stars. Yup, Mario Galaxy 1 had 120 stars. Mario Galaxy 2 has 240 stars!! That might keep you busy for a while. :) Unlike the first game, the game is laid out more like the original Mario Bros games. You got world 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, ya know how it works. One cool thing is how your ship looks like Mario's head. Yet another epic win. :) As far as gameplay goes, it's pretty much flawless. The only issue I saw was how the pointer may sometimes have to be exactly on the star bits you collect to draw them in, making it a bit sensative, but most of the time, you won't even notice it. The other flaw I saw is the camera, which can be a little clunky at times, but hardly interferes with the game's overall greatness. Other than these flaws, the games completely great and alot of fun, and the 240 stars will take up alot of time. Some people may think that Mario's time has come, and that it's time for him to leave the building. I think that''s stupid. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is proof that as old as Mario is, he's still as great as he was 25 years ago. Mario's legacy has lived for a very long time, and I strongly believe that Mario is not even close to being done yet. Trust me, this game is considered one of the highest rated games of all time for a reason. If there is ever going to be a Super Mario Galaxy 3, count me in!! This game deserves no less than a perfect 10/10. I have also chosen Super Mario Galaxy 2 as my choice for 2010 Game of the Year. Mario my friend, you still got it. Expand
  80. Jan 26, 2011
    A bad game? No it isn't. Overhyped? Definitely. While the Mario gameplay is improved in some ways in this game, Mario has been repeating for years in terms of story and gameplay. It is far too repetitive. The game isn't amazing visually either. While this game is not bad, it is the most overhyped in 2010.
  81. Feb 26, 2011
    Simply, if you have a Wii, and do not own Super Mario Galaxy 2, go out and buy it. Not only is it the best game on the system, it is, in my opinion, the greatest video game of all time; ahead of Ocarina of Time. Having played the game all the way through, I found only one fault with the game-the fact that it eventually had to end. Graphically, it is the best on Wii. The music, whilst none of the pieces top the 'Gusty Garden Galaxy' theme from the original, is generally improved over the predecessor. The game plays like a dream, is accessible, yet challenging, will last you 50 hours or more and, without a doubt, offers a new and unique challenge on each stage. Go out and buy this game, it really is that good. Expand
  82. Mar 22, 2011
    Nothing to say about this game! Absolutely perfect in every aspect of it. The graphics are satisfying and great for the Wii's graphics capabilities, the sounds are great and amazing, the atmosphere, environment and character designs are perfect and outstanding. They really had a great job with this game. One of the masterpieces of Wii's Games. Buy this game and I swear, it is very worth it. You would really love and appreciate this game Expand
  83. Apr 2, 2011
    Ok, I might be a bit late for a review but it's not long ago that i got my Wii and I still have a lot of catching up to do. I wasn't that excited like most of you because I already played Galaxy 1 and didn't like it too much, either. The controls are a bit difficult for a man of my age *g* and I'd rather stick to the classic mario games. But my daughter loves it and I love to watch her playing. A good 8.0 for me! Expand
  84. Mar 29, 2011
    I played this game having never played the first Mario Galaxy and I got lured by high reviews to try it. At first I was surprised that the planets are linear streams from one planet to the next, which felt less immersive than the big open worlds in Super Mario 64 but I felt that the gameplay was an improvement over it (e.g. bosses are a lot better). The motion detection controls for fluzzard and the rolling ball took a while to get used to, but it works fine. I felt that the game could have been more difficult, but then it satisfied those needs later on with final world and I still haven't managed the final star 242. However, I didn't feel that challanged by most of the bosses because there is usually a powerup to be able to take extra hits before they start. Some of the green stars were placed very well. This game has some good and enjoyable moments and lasts a good 30 or so hours. Expand
  85. Jun 30, 2011
    The story is pretty much the same for a Mario game, but that's fine. The graphics are outstanding, the galaxies are beautiful, the 3D gameplay is really, really awesome, and the characters are interesting, though not important. All the power-ups are really fun, as are the comet levels, though the comet levels are incredibly hard. There are seven worlds, each with about 12? levels. This game is really long, and has a ton of replayability, trying to get every star and every comet medal. This game is just an absolute joy, and possibly the best game in the WORLD! Expand
  86. Apr 11, 2011
    The level desing! Unlike anything we have ever seen before. This game sets a new standard for platformers. There is a very good reason critics give this game a 10. This game makes excellent use of the different ways to control the character(s). Resulting in a very engaging gameplay experience.
  87. May 25, 2011
    This game is outstanding. Beautiful graphics, a wonderful orchestral soundtrack, impossibly excellent gameplay, and memorable characters. 5 minutes in and I was amazed. Nintendo had pulled out all the stops for this. If you haven't played this game, you need to. Trust me, you'll thank me later.
  88. Jul 3, 2011
    Very attractive game for all gamers. Plenty of action with difficulties easy enough for the younger audience. Orchestrated music is probably the thing that really brings this game alive. The swing commands could have been more utilized, but overall, a great game.
  89. Jun 1, 2011
    The 'expansion' pack of one of the greatest games for the Nintendo Wii, Super Mario Galaxy takes the same ideals of the previous installments while making improvements. The 'World Map' system is a great addition making it easy to access levels right away and not run around looking for the right observatory. Level design feels tight and offers a wonderful difficulty curve along with some 'tougher' stars for the pros. The addition of Yoshi works for some places, but I personally found that dinosaur to be annoying as per usual. The new power ups for Yoshi mixes it up, but it's still the same dumb looking dinosaur. Overall, a great game, but does feel like it's an extension/shuffle of the previous game. Expand
  90. Jun 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Galaxy 2 has the best level design ever imagined and realised. No surprise there, but unfortunately what prevents this game from getting full marks is the dreadful resemblance with its predecessor. It's like continuing playing the past game, and even if there are a lot of new elements, there is nothing (unlike past Mario games) that really redefines the gameplay.
    One of the best technical showing of WII, MG2 is entertaining from the beginning to the end and beyond, where you have to collect green stars shattered around the levels to completely beat the game. Which is actually almost impossible to do, but I'll let this pleasure to you to find out.
    The game remains easy, even if not like the predecessor, and we really miss the impossible levels of other platformers from Nintendo. The pace is always right, the challenges always different one another and the overall resulting experience one of the best you can get in this generation. Boring transfers from one world to the other have been eliminated and now the hub is smaller and more navigable, shrinking dead times to the minimum.
    If you have a WII it is a must have, but SMG2 fails to be a cross-age game, turning itself into a myth for younger players but just an amazing and polished time consumer for grown ups, which will eventually always prefer Super Mario 64.
  91. Aug 1, 2011
    The Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are the best games to be released on the Wii and are some of the best games to be released in the seventh generation of video game consoles. The originality in the level design is awesome and the fun that comes from the gameplay is unforgettable. There is more originally in some single levels of Galaxy than some entire games! The soundtrack of Galaxy is freaken wicked and the graphics are charmingly simple and well designed. The removal of the story makes SMG2 a better game that the first. Galaxy 2 near perfect and is one of the best single player games in years. Highly recommended!â Expand
  92. Jun 28, 2011
    Just plain amazing. About a whopping 80 hours of gameplay if you're aiming for 100%, galaxies don't feel repetitive and are incredibly well designed, excellent graphics for the wii, some familiar and new great music, and just INCREDIBLY FUN!!

Best game of the Wii. Period.
  93. Jul 15, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 manages to keep us entertained throughout the whole game with fun and interesting puzzles, hours of gameplay, and a convenient and familiar map to navigate to the level quickly. The only complaints I have are that the plot and storyline feels weak and incomplete, (Why are we going into space again?) And the challenges near and at the end of the game feel too hard to the point that it's frustrating. SMG 2 feels a little bit like SMG 1 recycled, but all the new additions to the game such as Yoshi and the new things that can happen when you spin, make this a must-have for even those who own SMG 1 Expand
  94. Jul 22, 2011
    This is one of the best Wii games of all time. The gameplay is amazing, and riding on Yoshi gives it an extra boost of awesome. The best part about the game is the soundtrack. The music makes you want to play the game for hours on end without stopping. The graphics are great, and the different mario's you can get give it another boost of awesome. Overall, a VERY good game. The only thing I didn't like was that it took me about a week to beat the regular game, without getting all the green stars, which is a little short. Collapse
  95. Nov 9, 2011
    Im not a Mario fan, but this is a really good and I didn't find it repetitive at all. It has a good graphics, controls, plot, and alot more! The co-op could be better.
  96. Oct 18, 2011
    very good a all that, but very non linear, which is why i dont like the galaxys, despite liking sunshine an 64, but a great experience all round, oh and also, when someone says "LETS PLAY THIS!!!" you feel kinda down cause u think it sucks cause u dont know whatcha doin, but as soon as u play it you will experience the mighty power of the awesomeness of........ ...... ....and the power of the heavenly....

.... and the huge awesomeness powerful ma.....

.....and....

go get out and buy if u see for 30 quid.
    use a pound to dollar converter!!!!

but if u havnt got it, get the better, original game

90%
  97. Sep 15, 2011
    This game is easily one of the greatest video games ever made. It's just amazing! Let's start with the gameplay. The gameplay is top notch! It's so much fun and addicting that no one will ever want to put it down. It's a huge improvement over the first game (even though the gameplay for the first one was still great). This one includes Yoshi, and this is by far Yoshi's best game with Mario yet. The graphics are great too, especially by Wii standards. Every single detail of this game makes it look more like an X-Box 360. However, this game is nothing like anything on the 360, it's even better! While not my personal favorite game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl still beats it), it's still an incredible game. My description of this game, in the words of Sonic Colors, Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing!!!! Expand
  98. Oct 13, 2011
    The best Wii title of 2010 and one of the best super Mario titles ever. Fans of Mario won't be disappointed. Colourful, fun and family friendly blend to make a almost perfect package.
  99. Oct 27, 2011
    i still prefer sm64 and sunshine i completely agree with doubledeejay
    . still one ofthe greatest games for wii, a must have
  100. Nov 1, 2011
    Yoshi and Mario are back!! Very beautiful levels, some which appear to almost be in HD quality very crisp clear visuals. Game play mechanics all there just like the 1st Mario Galaxy and some added features that will make things easier such as level selection. Two new power upgrades which I loved: The Cloud suite and Rock suite very fun in certain levels which they are needed in. The best part of this game which makes it close to being better than the 1st Galaxy is of course YOSHI! That's right the little green dinosaur is back and better than ever! Simple fun for the whole family to enjoy this game will keep you busy for a few months at least. Over all an excellent game that you will want to collect and revisit. Expand
  101. Jul 22, 2011

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.