9.1

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Like it's predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is another masterpiece created by the genius minds at Nintendo, however as much as I love this game, I think I may actually still like the first game better which may be saying a lot since a lot of people prefer this game over the first. I do love this game, I think there is some fantastic gameplay and levels. I also love that Yoshi is playable in this, he controls great and this is probably one of his best appearances in a Mario game. Cool atmospheres are also present, and so much fun stars and items to collect that won me over, causing me to give this game a perfect 10/10; but there is two small details about this game that didn't seem as strong in this game as it did in the first. First off, the story; too be honest I was not impressed by this game's story, it kind of felt like a dumbed-down version of SMG1's story; I liked that the first game's story seemed more sophisticated and had some dark themes, something that this sequel's imitation story falls short on. Another thing is that the levels did feel a tad bit liner when compared to the first, there were still extremely fun at times, but it felt almost more "straight-forward" than the first. Anyway, enough of the nit-picking, these are minor things to me, but they still make me prefer the first, but I still think this game has excellent gameplay, fun challenges, beautiful music (like the first) and an experience I'll never forget. SMG2 is another essential on the Wii. Expand
  2. Mar 8, 2014
    Better than its predecessor is what everyone says, and boy are they right. Improving gameplay, visuals, power-ups, and getting the MARIO series most important characters, Mario, Luigi & Yoshi back together again to save not just their world, but the whole universe from Bowser Koopa, SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 easily destroys its predecessor and all other games as the best videogame of all time.
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    I was originally put off by this game due to the very boring first levels. However, it gets great in "harder" levels. However the difficulty in some levels is not a good difficulty, but rather due to the less than good controls. Also the multiplayer is very boring, and after playing multiplayer for a few levels, just decided to take the levels in turns in single player mode due to the only result of the multiplayer not being fun, but an ache in your arm after pointing at the screen for hours. Expand
  4. Feb 8, 2014
    Very amazing 3d models and beautiful environments, a eloquent orchestrated soundtrack, and nearly perfect controls and diverse power up really makes Super Mario Galaxy 2 one of the best games on the wiki. Hell, you can argue it's the best Mario game ever...
  5. Feb 7, 2014
    Can't choose between this one and the first for which is Wii 's star game. This one is more of the same, but never has that been such a good thing. Play this.
  6. Jan 22, 2014
    One of my MOST favorite games on the Wii, besides Super Smash Bros. Brawl. OK, lemme think. there's graphics, sound, difficulty, addictiveness, depth, story and that's about all that i remember. The graphics were totally awesome. The lighting is totally in match. Every thing's highly animated and best of all, it can ALWAYS run 60 fps. The sound was made by an orchestra. could it sound any better? everything sounds like it should. Yoshi's funny voice is there. Charles Martinet did an excellent job doing Mario. so and, oh, the graphics and sound are 10. OK now the difficulty. the difficulty pays a lot of homage to Super Mario 64, with a lot of Game Overs in hand. the controls are as easy as heck, though. Addictiveness makes me want to play that all day when i start up the game. i love the side quests and stuff. the depth makes this a good game to come back and do more with. SM 64 never had a secret universe, and actually just had a connected quest with the keys from Bowser. The quest in here can make it playable over, over, and OVER again. the story seems quite normal, but has a bigger twist to it. every thing's a 10, whereas story is a 9.5 for hanging on interest this time. Expand
  7. PMG
    Jan 12, 2014
    This game... Is a mixed bag for me. It added Yoshi, a few new power ups for Mario and Yoshi... And that is about it. It is for me almost a rehash of the first one and it just doesn't feel as polished. It does have interesting level and boss design along with great music, but it is just soooooo easy in places. It's okay, but the game is almost just full price DLC.
  8. Jan 9, 2014
    Do you know how hard it is for an already perfect game to be improved on? This game did, and it did it in spades. Everything that was perfect about Galaxy was improved in Galaxy 2. While this game is an improvement, and it does not have the charm the original Galaxy hard, but that does not stop it from being one of the best sequels to a game of all time, not by a landshot.
  9. Dec 22, 2013
    Honestly, this game is a copy-paste of the first SMG. It's a great game on it's own, but it's basically the first game, add Yoshi, and make it slightly less magical and fun in every other area. If you want a REALLY GOOD GAME, just get the first SMG. So, don't get me wrong, this game is good, but I suggest playing the first one first.
  10. Dec 3, 2013
    Nintendo has matched the perfection of the original Super Mario Galaxy with this equally amazing game. With more power ups, the additions of Yoshi and Luigi, and some truly spectacular level design, Super Mario Galaxy is one hell of a game.
  11. Dec 3, 2013
    At this point I'm entirely convinced that if you own a Nintendo Wii, you absolutely must experience the Super Mario Galaxy series. The sequel, while not as entirely original as the first, does everything right (and then some). The controls are perfect, and never falter. I can't think of a single time I blamed the controls for my inability to stay alive. Plus, the game has something for everyone. Casual players will enjoy the moderate challenge necessary to merely beat the game, though those looking for a more refined experience will appreciate the fact that the game keeps on going, well past the game's ending. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2013
    While lacking the story of the first game, this one more than makes up for it with some of the best gameplay I've ever seen in a Mario game, especially with the always-welcome Yoshi.
  13. Nov 26, 2013
    Innovavite level design.Tight Controls.Basic but challenging gameplay makes Super Mario Galaxy 2 not only a superb sequel but a proof that games are art
  14. ERB
    Nov 22, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is back with It's new game Super Mario Galaxy 2.This game pretty much improved upon the original.The graphics is the first thing.This game's graphics are beautiful than any other games I played in 2010.The world is beautiful and creative which is awesome.The game play comes second the game is fun and entertaining and rising as the best Mario game ever.The game is fun and I just love this game and in my opinion there is no smart people in our planet who thinks that this game is boring which is not.The game is fun especially when you are playing with your friends.And I promise you guys you will have a great time with your friends if you play this game with them.The story line comes third.The story is really not interesting and memorable but the story is just ignored so It really does not matter.But who cares this game is entertaining and fun so the story doesn't really matter.The world in this game is beautiful and It is probably one of the best looking game in this generation.I love this game and It gets a 9/10 from me If the story line was good it should have got a 10/10 from me.This game is entertaining and I highly recommend you people to buy this game and try playing It.Have a great time and I hope I get many likes in my review. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is probably the nest game made for the Wii. Why you ask? Well, the graphics are incredible, the music is very catchy, and there are 242 stars to collect. The first galaxy game at 120! The galaxies are also easier to find because of the smaller, yet enjoyable hub world. If you own a Wii, this is a must have game.
  16. Nov 21, 2013
    epic game from start to finish. Each level is unique and smart beyond any level design seen in any other game. The fun factor remains insanely high except for 1 or 2 levels where there is a high increas in difficulity level. but in all, its really the best game out there.
  17. Nov 17, 2013
    Perfect!!! A beautiful, clever, perfectly balanced 3D platformer. I did not play it with the "classic" style hand held controller so I don't know how it felt with the WII Mote.
  18. Oct 23, 2013
    I like the original more but this a great sequel to game everything that was Great in the first game is back and with more galaxy's, enemies, and power ups even if you haven't played the first game or a Mario game in general if you have a Wii then get this game.
  19. Oct 18, 2013
    Once upon a time, I was a kid. And I stayed up all night, on May 23, 2010, waiting for more information on the game. I wasn't disappointed. The game was just as beautiful as the first, but with some of our favorite old content added (Yoshi, for one), yet still adding new ideas the scene. Amazing music, and while the graphics were not eye-popping, they were still great. I feel like this was Nintendo's last good Mario game everything since then has been the same cookie-cutter 2D game (even Super Mario 3D Land was like it) and you really got a sense of exploration. What's the gimmick in this galaxy? What's the next planet? What's behind that hill or tree? This is what we're missing in the new games. Expand
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    The greatest Nintendo character of all time gets the best game series ever created in the form of Super Mario Galaxy.

These games are so well crafted and fun that it might be the closest thing to a 'perfect rating' a game could ever get. Everything from the fantastic level design, worlds, characters and beautiful graphics to the breathtaking scope and Bosses makes this one of the very
    best games of all time! It well deserves the attention it gets and as always, I can't wait for Nintendo's next instalment in the Mario franchise. Expand
  21. Sep 20, 2013
    The first game deserves a 10. This second a 8.5 The game is very good, but is not "magic" and impressive like the first one. I expected more from the game, it's really good, and if it was the first game, would be a 10 too, but as a sequel, it's a bit disapointing. The game is not better than the first, it's equivalent, but it's worse because the expectations to a better game was high.

I have expected a bigger difficulty than the first game, and better boss battles, but the game is just in the same level than the first game in this aspects. Boss battles are disappointing. After defeat Bowser in the first game, we come back to fights with bosses that need only 3 easy hits to fall.

Also, after playing the first game, that has a lot of memorable worlds, it's difficult to be impressed by the worlds of this new game. We always expect for a world as one of the first game that we like, but bigger and harder and more challenging, but it almost never happens.

But the bigger problem is the difficulty, after ends the first game with all stars, and start to play this new game, it's just very easy... it should be harder...

it could also have especific worlds with a lot of levels with the star ball, the ride in the stingray, and other challenge levels that were very cool in the first game, and i was expecting more than just some new levels in this second.
  22. Sep 12, 2013
    I got really excited when I first heard that Nintendo was going to make a sequel to Super Mario Galaxy. When I finally played this game, I really loved it. Score: 5/5.
  23. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is amazing. the level design is fantastic and unique. to all the people saying this game is overrated you can all go chug a FAT FAT DICK!!!!
  24. Aug 26, 2013
    Where do I even begin? This is an incredible game, which is even better than the original Super Mario Galaxy. And Super Mario Galaxy was absolutely amazing. The thing that makes galaxy 2 successful is that it takes all the creativity that made Galaxy a superb game and not only expands on it, but completely reinvents it. The basic goal of each level is the same- grab that power star. But Galaxy 2 throws in so many new elements as well as keeping the old ones.
    Each galaxy has a particular theme that is fully stretched to all its potential- such as the shiverburn galaxy, a mix of lava and ice, with bliss platforming so perfectly crafted. Then there's the Cosmic Cove galaxy, so damn pretty it's a shame the wii isn't HD. And then there's the chompworks galaxy, a sort of intergalactic chomp factory. Throughout the 49 galaxies, you'll meet interesting and eccentric characters, and run round planets, puzzles and enemies that are full of beauty and creativity. The storyline doesn't even matter- it's the characters in it that are important in Galaxy 2. They're funny, full of eccentricity and you always want more of them. Each galaxy has a unique concept that often could be made into an entirely new videogame! The gravity-defying mechanic of galaxy is used in a variety of interesting ways, and the camera rarely lets you down.
    The bosses are challenging and it's up to you to figure out how to defeat them.
    What makes galaxy 2 so incredible is a,so that galaxy's very few issues are addressed. There weren't many of them, but there were certainly fun. The first was getting to the levels: It was cumbersome and annoying trying to get round the observatory. Now, all the levels are in the same place, easily accessible.
    Another problem had been comet levels. These special twists appeared in galaxies and replaced all the levels until you completed it. In galaxy 2, it doesn't replace the levels, and the only way to unlock these extra levels is to collect the comet medals- one in each galaxy. They offer a superb challenge to completionists.
    Galaxy 2 also lets you know when you've passed a checkpoint, unlike galaxy, when you didn't know if you'd restart from the start of the level or halfway through. Galaxy 2 also doubles the amount of the stars to collect, thanks to a secret that will reveal 120 bonus stars.
    The graphics are also incredible and spectacular- it's a feast for the eyes- and the music is played by an orchestra, which really conveys both the loneliness and vadtness of space. The music and graphics both are simply beautiful.
    Gakaxy 2 is the sequel we all wanted.
  25. Aug 6, 2013
    best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  26. Aug 6, 2013
    The sequel does well and even better than its predecessor! I would've given it a perfect score if only they included a hub area instead of a map-based level system, but that's only a minuscule element to worry about, as the levels in this sequel are much more challenging and much more fun! Well done on the sequel Nintendo!
  27. Jul 5, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is by far the greatest game I've ever played.

It's not about amazing stories or graphics but simple gameplay. Of course SMG2 is absolutely beautiful and colorfull but that's not the point.

Showing new habilities, a scheme control that is totally perfect and some level designs that I have never seen in my entire life.
  28. Jun 28, 2013
    Opening Statement:
    I have been a Mario fun, ever since I played Super Mario World, on the SNES, and the Mario Party games on the N64. True, I sucked quite a bit on those games (I was still like 3-7 when I played those games), but I still had a lot of fun. Super Mario Galaxy, I thought was an alright game, but I thought that it wasn't as good, as Sunshine, or 64. I had my fun, but I still
    wish there was more, and I wish they would have at least tried to change the plot, then the simple "Princess Peach gets kidnapped thing", but I digress. What your reading this review is my personal opinion, and an insight on what I think of Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Plot Summary:
    It's the whole "Princess Peach gets kidnapped, Mario must save her again" thing. I don't think that they were trying anything new honestly. Like it can be pretty much set anywhere in the universe, and the plot would more then likely stay the same.

Gameplay:
    You go around a 3D environment, back flipping, long jumping, and doing the stuff that Mario is known for. Like Galaxy 1, you can shake the Wii remote, to have Mario spin in mid-air to have him stay in the air longer, and better position yourself.

However, unlike Galaxy 1, you move around a map like area, to select the world you want to go to (think of it like Super Mario 3D Land, if you played it, or like Super Mario World). Not only that, but if you take the right paths, you can beat the game, by only clearing a few worlds. Of course, you still have to have the stars to access the last level in the world you are in. Their are also different power ups you can use in the different worlds, and depending on what world you are in, you can also ride Yoshi.

Aside from that however, it doesn't really feel too too, different from Galaxy 1. I wish they would have added something new, instead of using the same formula from the first Galaxy. (Wow, I used Galaxy so much, in this one review, it's not even funny)

Music and Voice Overs:
    It me put it like this: It's Mario. That should give you in idea, on how the music is.

As for the voice overs, it the same as the other Mario games. I think that they recycled the same voice overs, from the other Mario games. I'm fine with that honestly. As a long time Mario fan, I never seem to get tried of hearing that "It's-a-go!" line from the Indian plumber.

Final Thoughts:
    Over all, it's a good game. True it brings barely anything new to the table, but I still think that it is at least worth a try. The music is great, the levels are fun to play around in, and it's always fun to ride around on Yoshi. They could have at least tried to make the plot different, but I'm pretty used the whole "Peach gets kidnapped" thing by now, so it doesn't really matter.

I would give this game a 7.7/10, but I can't, so I rounded it to 8. That is going to be a thing with all my reviews.
  29. Jun 25, 2013
    The first Mario Galaxy was really hard to improve, but with this second part you have the feeling that you are in the same magical place, and even that you are in a better adventure. More original, more creative, funnier, longer... 242 stars that will take you months to get in a perfect balance of difficulty. In my opinion, the best game for Wii.
  30. Jun 24, 2013
    People constantly get angry whenever a developer releases a game that is very similar to past titles. However, when a Mario game does it, no one seems to care. I'm not sure why.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a great game, no doubt about it. The level designs are interesting, the graphics are great, and the music is outstanding. This would be a game worthy of a 10 out of 10 had we not already
    seen a game exactly like it. The original Super Mario Galaxy was a masterful and original game full of interesting concepts and ideas. It was everything I could have hoped for in a Mario game. The sequel feels like more of the same. There were only two galaxies that really wowed me when playing the game. All of the other ones just seemed bland. I found myself saying, "Hey, that's just like that one level from Super Mario Galaxy" over and over again.

It's not a bad game and it's definitely worth a purchase. It just isn't anything exceptional. In a way, it feels like DLC, for lack of a better word.
    I hope Nintendo never makes a Super Mario Galaxy 3. I'm hoping that they can find another original and compelling idea to work with.
  31. Jun 5, 2013
    I called the last one "original", this one... (sigh). I don't know if they intended this game to be EXACTLY the same as the first, than they got it right, but they completely screwed this one up. The plot is the same as the last one, the combat is the same as well and now repetitive, and everything in this game is EASY! I finished the game in under 5-hours easily without any help what-so-ever! This game was all copy n' paste! Mario is now a dead franchise and it should stay dead after this disaster! Expand
  32. Jun 3, 2013
    When I give it a 7/10, that doesn't mean I think its bad. I just think its a little overrated. In fact, my official score is 7.3 if that makes anyone feel better.

The Good:
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is technically brilliant. The music is masterful, the water effects and lighting effects are nice, but the overall best part about this game is the animation. Its just unbelievably gorgeous. The
    colors the textures. If I was rating this game based on animation, It'd get an 11/10. As I said, the music is great. There are a lot of songs in here that are stellar, but my 2 favorites are the song from the Clockworks Galaxy and The Final Bowser Battle. Also, there is a lot more freedom to run around discovering things in levels, a huge flaw I have with the original. There are these things called Comet Coins to collect which unlock a whole new set of challenges to play. My second favorite new thing they added was Chimp, a side-villain who is always harassing Mario to play his games. (Ice Skating and Bowling to name a few) These games may sound simple, but really, they're addicting and creative. And even after he gives you the star, you may go back and play said game just for the fun of it. Even small things like hidden 1-Ups and gobs of star bits can keep you in a level twice as long as you intended to be. And not only is the game creative, its really hard. A few of these levels REALLY tried my patience. The hub has been improved, too. It's like your sandbox rather than your everyday empty, bland spacecraft. There are some fun things to complete and to obtain. So, what I have just mentioned here is all the GOOD things about the game. But you may ask, "What are the bad things that take away those 27 points???" That's why we're moving onto the BAD. Duh! Duh! Duhhh!!!

The Bad:
    Well, to start, Its either you have Yoshi shown frequently in a Mario game, or I don't think its flawless. If I remember right, he only got 7 or 8 appearances. Yoshi is one of the most loveable and innocent characters in all of media. He's my favorite in the Mario series, and he really should have more appearances in this game. (12 at the very least) He's the coolest power-up in the game, too. You have his abilities to float, sprint, and my favorite, see invisible floors. And I've always loved his unique ability to eat everything. Also, I feel some of the special levels and power-ups (This is NOT counting Yoshi) are either mediocre or horrendous. The new Boo Mushroom was really goofy, and WHY would they bring back the Spring Ability?!!!!!!! Nintendo, are you deaf?! We all HATED that move. There are 2 levels in this game that I thought were just plain awful: Here's a hint: BOTH OF THEM HAD A ROLLING BALL WITH A STAR INSIDE INVOLVED. .THE ROLLING MASTERPIECE GALAXY, AND THE ROLLING COASTER GALAXY. Thank you for being abysmal. Not! Also, the Final Bowser Battle was the perfect. .way to end a game on a bad note. It was really easy and so disappointing. You would think, "Oh, crap! This is going to take forever!" 69 seconds later: "WHAT IN THE NAME OF----" Its not a nit-pick. Its a big flaw. Especially for an action adventure game. This is small, and Mario has never been about story and characters, but I think Lubba is a big step down from my 3rd favorite Mario character Rosalina, who was very complex and grand.

The Ugly:
    Unfortunately, I don't think this game is as great as the original. It just didn't feel as grand and as influential as the original. I couldn't tell you why specifically, because I really don't know. However, I have 2 theories: Number One is Super Mario Galaxy 1 that it feels more space like with the music, the art, the gameplay and so forth, and Galaxy 2 just feels like the level designs put the clouds closer to the ground.
    Theory Number 2 says its just the Nostalgic Side of me speaking.

All in all, Super Mario Galaxy 2 may not surpass its predecessor, (my opinion) but its a boatload of fun for anyone who picks it up.
    Super Mario Galaxy 1 rating: 9.6/10
    I was talking about who my favorite Mario characters were a little, so here's my top 10 favorites:
    10.Wario
    9.Waluigi
    8. Diddy Kong
    7.Nokis and Piantas
    6. Kamella (Super Mario Galaxy 1 Boss)
    5. Luigi
    4.Bowser
    3.Rosalina
    2.Bowser Jr.
    1.Yoshi!
  33. May 5, 2013
    I'm not a huge Mario fan, but it's impossible for me to not give this a 10, it was just so expertly made that it was so much fun to play. It also has a crazy amount of extra content after you beat the final boss.
  34. May 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played! The soundtrack of this game is addictions, the Wii Remote is particularly useful, and I haven't had any unfair death or glitch. If anyone thinks that Nintendo is terrible and unoriginal, go and pick up this game and play it. It is worth it.
  35. May 3, 2013
    This game is great and has all of the really good attributes of Super Mario Galaxy (see my review of Super Mario Galaxy). There are quite a few new things such as Cloud Mario, Rock Mario and Yoshi is new and has heaps of cool powers. Two player mode is really good. Some levels are really hard to complete.The game is like a mystery because there are secret stars you need to find.
  36. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is basically a waste of money in my opinion. I am truly saying this because I believe it is one of the most overrated games out there. I love how people always complain when games are copied and pasted, but except when Mario does it, it suddenly gets a free pass. I have played many Mario games, and the majority of the maps I can memorize from other games, and somehow no one notices it, and it makes me feel like the majority of Mario games are completely forgotten.

The game is way too easy, and I can say that many people want to play a game just for fun, and I can agree with that, but I do not prefer it in any way.

I hate this game on so many levels, and when Super Mario Galaxy 3 comes out, I'm not spending a pennies worth.
  37. Apr 6, 2013
    mario galaxy 2 is the best 3d platformer in history, it has it all, superb graphics, amazing art design, beautiful music and the best gameplay you can see in any console, leve it to nintendo to create an instant classic. Mario galaxy 2 is huge, after you beat the game you have a ton of things to unlock, you will put at least 40 hours into this game. is the best game on wii and the best game this generation. it's probably one of the best games of all time, you won't regret it. Expand
  38. Apr 5, 2013
    It's second game of the greatest series of this generation. The level design and everything else is above perfect. Nunchuck doesn't give you the great angle to control Mario at first but once you get used to it goes smoothly.
  39. Apr 4, 2013
    Put simply; this is the best Wii game available. And to me, personally, the beat Mario game. The levels are cool, fun, creative. New powers are awesome. End of story. Go play this game
  40. Mar 21, 2013
    It sucks to be a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, but SMG2 almost tops its predecessor. The level design is still some of the best in any video game, much of it is owed to the new powerups and the addition of Yoshi. The graphics push the Wii to its limits both in detail and style, and it's hard to find a game that looks better on any platform. The orchestral themes are back, but many are reused or sound extremely similar to the ones in the original. Also, instead of a cute side story and unique, fully realized hub world like Galaxy 1, you get to explore Mario's head and go through a boring world/level map. So all in all, Galaxy 2 is a must-have game and stands tall as one of the best on Wii but like I said earlier: doesn't quite top Galaxy. Expand
  41. Mar 11, 2013
    I cannot come close to explaining how good this game is, but i can say that it is one of the few games that actually deserves the constant 10s from user scores. The only other game that comes close to it's level is the original Super Mario Galaxy. If you own a Wii it is a crime not to have this game, if you do not have a Wii you need to get one just so you can play this game.
  42. Mar 7, 2013
    This was a lot better and long lasting than the first and the galaxies are beautiful and well crafted as well as a majestic soundtrack. The storyline feels really repetitive of the first game but I easily ignored that and continued playing the game. its just that good
  43. Mar 3, 2013
    Worst Mario game Ive played, along with the first Galaxy. I didnt like the setting in space, the lack of "open world" environments. Mario is the one game where the concept cant change too much. We need the castle, the green grass, the classic water levels etc. This felt much more sterile. The motion controls wasnt fitting in this game, it felt very gimmicky. The spin move would have felt more natural to do with a button, which would have made it more precise.

Mario 64 remains unbeaten.
  44. Mar 2, 2013
    The space where it was possible to move always seemed to be very small. Almost felt like a converted 2d game. The gravity didnt feel like a good instalment in the series, mostly irritating to be honest. I wasnt a great fan of the motion control either, felt very duckt taped and gimmicky. I hope they will let us choose the wii u pro controller for the next game. Sometimes you just want to lay still in the couch or bed without waving your hands in the air. The art style left nothing to complain about, lovely colours as usual. The setting in space didnt really appeal to me though, but it wasnt too bad since it had many places that wasnt too "spacey". The graphics left much to wish for, but it wasnt much they could do with that hardware. It does look significantly better on dolphin emulator with upscaling and some minor graphic tweaks. An OK game, but the Galaxy instalment is by far the worst in the series. Id much rather see a real sequel to Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine. This concept doesnt feel like it would entertain in a new game and missed that Mario feeling to it. Its obvious that this game was a hit among the new and younger crowd. I hope that they get to experience Mario 64 some day. I think theyll be blown away! Expand
  45. Feb 9, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is awesome. its fun to play.I loved the music.the power ups were great and there was so much to do.i completed 100% of the game and never got bored.this was my first super Mario.
  46. Feb 4, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a fun game and all, but didn't get to me the way the first did. I didn't like how the Comet Observatory was replaced with Starship Mario, and how Rosalina was replaced with Lubba. I did like the final Green Power Star montage. Overall I give this game an 8/10 stars.
  47. Jan 26, 2013
    Two major things. 1. This game is the current pinnacle of 3D Mario games that is a must for all Wii owners. 2. Do not play this one before the first. I made the mistake of playing this game before the first, and it made going back to the first hard. The reason? The galaxy (level) layout is radically different -- it took me a while to get into the first because of this fact. Otherwise, an amazingly done game--easily one of my top 5 all time favorites. Expand
  48. Dec 8, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a great game. But I keep sometimes find faults inside the game. It's hard, yet receives great reviews... I am rating this an eight because it is very hard.
  49. Dec 2, 2012
    A game you will never want to put down,Super Mario Galaxy 2 lives up to the original.Take brilliant gameplay throw in the best graphics on Wii and the best music in a game I have ever heard and you've got this game,the best game of 2010 and the best game on wii(other than super smash bros brawl).you'll be playing this long after the wii u comes out and many generations of consoles as well
  50. Nov 16, 2012
    Calling this the best Wii game, Nintendo game and Mario game are all under-statements. This is, in-fact, the best video game ever made. The game-play is solid along with its creativity. With its mesmerizing soundtrack, vivid graphics and clever level design - the Mario magic still lives. It's hard to imagine a game that could possibly be any better.
  51. Nov 10, 2012
    The definition of a perfect game. The culmination of Nintendo's game design skills in the decade's finest game. The gameplay is brilliant, and the creativity and enjoyment in levels is unrivaled. The second best game on Wii, second only to the legendary The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
    Truly a must-have for all Wii owners. A must-have for all people.
  52. Nov 5, 2012
    Many would believe it not possible to improve upon the original game, but sure enough Super Mario Galaxy 2 does. everything about this game is flawless, gameplay, music, controls, are all delightful. Nintendo shows that a sequel can be better than its predecessor in the most compelling way. One of my favorite games of all time. 10/10
  53. Oct 28, 2012
    The graphics are so sharp. The gameplay is simply fun and awesome platforming 3D. More galaxies, with Yoshi, and great story. This sequel of Super Mario Galaxy must be in your hands!
  54. Oct 24, 2012
    Truly a treat to play. While there's less of an emphasis on an overarching plot like in the first Galaxy, there's much more conniving and challenging level design to offset this. Twice as lengthy and twice as difficult as its predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 delivers on nearly all accounts and is arguably the best Mario game to date. Next generation Mario has its work cut out for it.
  55. Oct 22, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy Expansion Pack is a copy/paste sequel of the original. Aside from a few new powers and Yoshi which are around for less than a quarter of the game there's really nothing this game adds to the formula. Most of the levels are slightly upgraded from the originals or the exact same, only a few songs in the game are original, and the difficulty was nonexistent. This was thanks to game holding your hand the entire way through. I hate to see Mario's image for innovation dragged through the dirt, but Miyamoto apparently doesn't care. Instead of a great sequel that expands on the original like Super Mario Sunshine, we're given a slightly touched up version that fails to convey the sense that you're in space like the original, to provide a fair difficulty level, or any difficulty for that matter, and to provide any originality. Expand
  56. Oct 8, 2012
    Consider me "wowed." Again. Yes, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good: brilliant gravity platfoming. Incredibly tight and responsive controls. Fantastic musical score. But it's not a "me too" experience -- a significant majority of this sequel is brand new.
  57. Sep 5, 2012
    3D platforming at its best. The controls are precise, the graphics are vivid and they manage to create orignal puzzles. They improved everything from its predecessor, it is easily one of the best games of this generation.
  58. Aug 24, 2012
    Great game in theory, with excellent controls, beautiful levels, and quite a bit to lengthen the experience. The thing is, this game is just a little too similar to the first Mario Galaxy. The few new power-ups don't add too much, and several level mechanics are re-used from the first Mario Galaxy. Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2 feels a little too easy until the very end, the space theme isn't used nearly as well within the levels, the camera did not work very well at all for the Green Star missions, the gorgeous and expansive Comet Observatory has been replaced by a small and rather boring ship, and the great character Rosalina has lost her position as guide to an unfunny Luma with no backstory or anything. Basically, Super Mario Galaxy 2 tries to expand on the excellent formula of the first Mario Galaxy, but worsens it instead. Expand
  59. Aug 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That score over there is a huge understatement

Simply unbelievable. SMG2 is definitely the best game on the Wii, the best Mario game ever made, and maybe even the best thing Nintendo's even worked on. I don't think there's ever been a game where every single thing matched perfectly. The graphics are by far the best you're going to find on the Wii (Cosmic Cove Galaxy, anyone?), the music is only bested by the original Galaxy (Melty Monster Galaxy, Space Storm Galaxy, Sky Station), the design is just...beautiful (Melty Monster Galaxy, Flip-Out Galaxy). There's no other way to put it. Even that fat purple thing was hilarious.

I don't think there's ever been a game where the term "must-have" fits the description of the game better than Galaxy 2 does. If you own a Wii, you absolutely need this game. Even if you don't have a Wii, go out and buy one along with SMG2. You'll thank me later.
  60. Jul 30, 2012
    Wow...this game is critically amazing, great gameplay, excellent adventures, this game should be the best wii game all time, the problem is the wii battery needs to last at least 4 hrs or more.
  61. Jun 24, 2012
    Lots of people gush over this game, but it is nothing special.

Like its predecessor, the game, while ostensibly a 3D platformer, is missing what makes 3D platformers special - exploration. Instead, the levels are quite linear and very often, the fact that the game is 3D is rather irrelevant. Oh boy, there was a 90 degree turn in the linear path, which then continues on linearly! How
    awesome! This is the "3D" of this game for much of its gameplay, and there are sections which don't even pretend to be 3D, limiting Mario to a 2D environment.

As such, all we have are the levels, and the level design is not amazing. It isn't terrible - some of the levels are pretty fun - but it is often bland, the levels generally have a very unappealing appearance (looking quite boring), and there is usually only one path through any given level. The "secret stars" are never well hidden and are basically gimmes, resulting in many hours of bland gameplay with the occaisional really interesting bit.

This game, like its predecessor, is a step back from Mario 64. While it is better than Super Mario Galaxy, having much more interesting levels from a gameplay standpoint, the overall ugliness of the game, the lack of cohesion, and the linear levels make it feel like just a random grab bag of ideas rather than any sort of exciting or interesting whole.

This game is not terrible, but it is mediocre. There are many better games, and this game's high metacritic scores are soley due to the fact that it has the name Mario in it..
  62. Jun 24, 2012
    At last, a game that managed to do the Mario justice. After multiple attempts to succeed Super Mario 64 including a return to 2D, strapping a water gun to Mario's back(?) and even a typing game(dafuq), a game called Super Mario Galaxy struck gold. It returned to the detailed and well designed enviornments and likeable characters and dialogue. Then, this game did the impossible. It made a good direct Mario sequel. Now, as you may be wondering, how do I manage to give this game a score of 9 while everything about it is good. Well, I think it's time we admit it. Wii controls are holding it back. The traditional tight Mario controls were replaced with swinging the remote around wildly to hopefully hit some Stars.

9/10, though I would give it a 9.3 if possible on the scale
  63. Jun 15, 2012
    SMG2 may have lot of oldschool approach to menus, voices, childish dialogues etc. but it's simply brilliant at it's core, platforming mechanics. Play this, and you'll feel what what was it like when platformers ruled the world :).
  64. Jun 10, 2012
    Level design feels tight and offers a wonderful difficulty curve along with some 'tougher' stars for the pros. The addition of Yoshi works for some places, but I personally found that dinosaur to be annoying as per usual. The new power ups for Yoshi mixes it up, but it's still the same dumb looking dinosaur. Overall, a great game, but does feel like it's an extension/shuffle of the previous game.
  65. Jun 9, 2012
    A simple extension of the Galaxy concept, Super Mario Galaxy 2 can't possibly have the same impact. But it does have the same spirit, throwing new ideas at you with gleeful and impulsive abandon, leaving you breathless, scrambling happily to keep up. Even after ten minutes, Nintendo EAD's masterpiece pulls you into a universe of incredible beauty. I won't spoil the details, but this probably has the best graphics to date on the Wii and the gameplay brings me back to my childhood when simplicity was fun. In short: Graphics: 10- The best you'll see Sound: 10- Classic Mario Music Gameplay: 10- Amazing Story: 9.75- It may be an original Mario story, but its just Bowser taking Peach Overall: 10 Final Verdict: If you're reading this and you own a Wii, you better buy this game. This is the second best game ever created by Nintendo EAD, just behind The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and is the best game on the Wii to date. As stated by IGN, its "Masterful". This isn't a game that redefines the genre: this is one that rolls it up and locks it away. If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel. Expand
  66. Jun 7, 2012
    This game feels like it should have been DLC. there is just a severe lack of new content here, if you played the first game then there's no reason to buy this game.
  67. Jun 3, 2012
    Simply amazing game...nothing much,the best Wii game to date,better than the first one,it fixes more things and it's funner as ever,the graphics are really really high,for Wii standards of course,and it just blew my mind when I saw them,the sound is really detailed,good music and so much more,I,for example,love the Super Mario Bros 3 remake,but that was in the first one.The game play?So fun,and so much of a challenge.If you lose too many lives on a level,Rosalina comes out and "helps" you,(I put it in quotes because it more like makes the level for you)by getting you all the way to the star,but it will also make the normal star,a bronze one,so you need to redo the level so you can get a normal star.Pretty hard I guess.
    Graphics 10/10 Best graphics ever on the Wii,really really detailed,it more looks like a normal,old PC couldn't handle it,but this isn't on the PC
    Sound 10/10 Classic Mario music,the sound is really great,also the music matches everything
    Storyline 9.9/10 It's the same story,Peach gets kind-napped by Bowser,good ol' Mario story!
    Gameplay 10/10 The game,is really fun,as I said,it's better than the first...just that awesome...
    Overall 10/10 No other company like Nintendo can make such a perfect game,like IGN,it's a masterpiece and worth the buy
  68. May 31, 2012
    Everything a game should be. Getting all the stars means 30 hours of constantly new, fun experience. From start to end you will never be bored. The difficulty is perfect, challenging but not in a broken way. The hardcore player will be immensely challenged before getting all the starts, but rarely frustrated because it's so fun. Anyone can enjoy this game. Why? Because it's near perfect, it's a master piece, the level designs and ideas are incredible. Expand
  69. May 16, 2012
    This is the best Wii game. No really, it is! If you own a Wii, your first priority should be this game. Sure, it may be a lot like the first one, but look at how many people buy CoD rehashes. I'm glad we still have games like this.
  70. May 16, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not only better than its predecessor Super Mario Galaxy, but the best game on the Wii. So much was improved and every level is so fun. The gameplay is amazing having lots of cool things like new power-ups, much better co-op, lots of new galaxies and even Yoshi! The levels involve you getting that star at the end and it's very satisfying. Instead of going through a big hub world, you now have a small hub that lets you choose your level in a map like SMB3, it's much better. My only problem is that sometimes the game feels too much like the first one. But still it's amazing. The graphics look excellent and definitely the best on the Wii. The level design is very creative and really great. The music is still orchestrated and awesome and it has more remixes. I think the first's music was better but still Galaxy 2's music is awesome. The sound effects are great as well. This game offers a ton of content. 242 stars to collect, Luigi playable, star comets, and much more. Overall, Mario Galaxy 2 was an amazing game and certainly one of the best games I played in my life. I give this game a 98. Expand
  71. May 16, 2012
    Quite simply the best 3D Mario game I have every played. My previous favourite Mario 64 has been ousted. Galaxy 1 was a fun game too but it was lacking some level design and gameplay elements. The stages on this are really flushed out and some are very challenging. Yoshi is also a great addition and done really well unlike the disaster in mario sunshine. The one problem I had was how linear the stages are, no backtracking at all so it would be great to see what they can offer on Wii U, I would love say a mario 64 but with epic textures and graphics, galaxy 2 gameplay, and of course yoshi. Expand
  72. Apr 23, 2012
    I liked this game from the start.The story is really good I mean I like it a lot.I like how they made the different types of the flowers and mushrooms.The one that I think is the best is bee Mario.The graphics are good but sometimes it's not so good as normally.They made the stars look a little fat but I still like it.When you are flying or going to a galaxy the galaxy around you looks so so so beautiful.The characters are good and with my opinion I would give it a 9/10. Expand
  73. Mar 24, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is simply an amazing game that will continue to be remembered and cherished by gamers from the future. It will be remembered as the icon for the seventh generation of gaming. But what makes it this great? It's the advancement of knowledge and experience that the century-old Nintendo has. It may have taken mankind hundreds and hundreds of years to find out that the Earth wasn't round. But it took Nintendo just a few decades to find out that games didn't need to have flat surfaces. What we loved about the original is here, up-to-date graphics, extreme detail, orchestrated soundtracks but no
    voice acting. What really makes this a legend, is the gameplay, which we'll look into, right now.

Sphere walking, gravity-defying, launching from planet-to-planet, name them all, they are all flawless on every level. It's what builds this game. The controls are fluid, the story is fast-paced and the fun-loving Lumas of space and Toads of the the Mushroom Kingdom will make the gameplay experience memorable.

It's the culmination of 25 years that evolved Mario from a plumber fixing the sewers, to a hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and also, the hero gaming. It was he that saved video gaming after the crash of 1983 and prevented the collapse of the then-young video gaming industry. Believe what you see, it's Mario.
  74. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had an issue with the difficulty level of the original Super Mario Galaxy. It seemed like you could play through the entire game in one sitting (albeit, a very LONG sitting). With Super Mario Galaxy 2, Nintendo have actually improved on the gameplay, adding more powerups, interesting surroundings, new music and 2D inspired levels. The idea that this game was going to be released as SMG 1.5 beggars belief.

Any and all complaints regarding the original are all solved seamlessly in this (virtually new) game.

I am stuck trying for the grand-master star (1 of 2) for my final two stars. Luckily, there are TWO people who have recorded this, and posted the video on YouTube, so if you need some pointers, check them out. This may very well be the hardest platformer level ever created. After seeing the movie, you can gauge your progress through the level, because without the benefit of seeing the entire level, you have no idea how close you are to completing it (I am dangerously close).

The simple fact of the matter is: If you loved Super Mario Galaxy, you will love Super Mario Galaxy 2 MORE!

10/10 - perfection as only Shigeru Miyamoto can deliver!
  75. Mar 1, 2012
    A truly excellent Wii game that could have been harder for old school gamers. Galaxy 2 turned out to be just the right length and difficulty for anyone to have fun. You can even ride Yoshi and transform into many new forms. This could very well be the best 3d Mario game and goes right up there with N64, however not as classic as Mario 3. While not truly inspired, because it is a sequel, this game was fun, addictive, and made some improvements. It is a very solid game that should please anyone of any age. If you like collecting stars to advance to the next level, buy it. Expand
  76. Feb 20, 2012
    As close to perfection as one can possibly hope to achieve. Spectacular graphics (especially by Wii standards), a truly amazing soundtrack (contains both old and new tunes), sharp controls (as great as the original), a lengthy quest (120 stars to collect and then some), the right amount of difficulty (starts out easy but gets progressively tougher), an incredible amount of diversity (there is something new in practically every single mission), fantastic presentation (the minimal story works quite nicely here; you are almost always within the action of the levels), and most important of all, the gameplay itself takes fun to a whole new level (keeps what made the original great while also expanding upon it). Sure, there are some minor gripes I could complain about (it does not have the original's impact and the camera acts up about 1% of the time), but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still my favorite platformer of all time. If you own a Wii, you simply must buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. No excuses. Expand
  77. Feb 12, 2012
    Truly amazing. It would be hard to find a better game than this one. One of the hardest things a game developer can do is take a game, and make a sequel directly after the first one, and make it so much better. This game is the best platformer ever, and all other platformers will be compared to it from now on. This game is a must have for any gamer, hardcore or casual.
  78. Jan 17, 2012
    Definitely a great game but i just cant seem to really get into it since im playing other games like mario kart 7 and the legend of zelda skyward sword.
  79. Jan 10, 2012
    Those who say this game is bad deserve to be slapped. It's a great platformer with awesome gameplay and challenges for advanced players. A true epic.
  80. Jan 1, 2012
    To be honest, 10 out of 10 doesn't even come close to doing this game justice. Best Wii game and best platformer ever made, no question. Managed the impossible job of improving upon its predecessor.
  81. Dec 13, 2011
    this game is not what I was expecting. I thought there wold be more yoshi stages. but is was still kind of fun. so that is why I think it should be 7/10
  82. Dec 5, 2011
    I have been playing Nintendo games since I was 8 years old, when I was bought an NES for christmas. Super mario bros came with it, and I was instantly captivated. Me and my friends would obsessively play it for hours together...taking it in turns to see who could get furthest, or who could find a secret that none of us already knew. SO began my love of Nintendo, and Mario. It has been a rewarding love afair, with each game in the series capturing the same magic as that Christmas in 1989 (Except for SUper Mario Sunshine...That one was a bit ropey).

The first Super Mario Galaxy was amazing. I loved playing around with gravity, and some of the levels were expertly crafted; but...It was all a bit easy. I had come to associate Mario with a difficulty curve that catered for those of a tougher constitution. And this is where the sequal comes in. It may seem like simply a second chapter to the first game, but it is so much more. It improves upon what came before in every way. Most importantly it is a very tough cookie in places, with some of the most fiendinsh level design since the Super Mario 64.

If you consider yourself a gamer, play this game. If you are a Nintendo fan...well you must have already played and played and played it, so you know what I am talking about.
  83. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 is one of those sequels that overcome the majesty of the first game. In a single word, is an evolution of a revolution. No doubt we are facing the final platform, the best of the generation and one of the best ever. All this magnificent game makes it a Must Heave the Wii without any question. Recommended for everyone, EVERYONE, especially those who hate Mario or those who doubt that deserves a ten out of ten.______________________________________ Mario Galaxy 2 es una de esas secuelas que superan la majestuosidad de su antesesor. En una sola palabra, es la evolucion de una revolucion. Sin duda estamos ante el mejor plataforma de la generacion y uno de los mejores de todos los tiempos, Toda esta magnificencia de juego lo convierte en un Must Heave de la Wii sin cuestión alguna. Recomendado para todo el mundo, PARA TODOS, en especial para aquellos que dudan que merezca un 10 de 10 Expand
  84. Nov 28, 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 truly is the Jewel in the Wii's Crown. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this game even more than the first one, I loved that game, even saying it was the best game on the Wii. This one is more streamlined, the levels are possibly more fun and the graphics are even better. The only thing the first one has over this is the story, but Mario games aren't amazing for that anyway. This seriously is the best game on the Wii. Plus, it has Yoshi, which is always good. And the boss battles with Bowser this time are incredibly epic. Everything just works so smoothly and well, Nintendo obviously put a lot of work into this masterpiece. Best game of the generation easily. Expand
  85. Nov 27, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy was innovative but his second game was one more of the same. The only thing that was new was the Yoshi and even then it can only be used at some stages. There are many bosses who were the first game and were reused in this game which is disappointing when you expect something new. It's a fun game but expected more from him.
  86. Nov 26, 2011
    How many more dumb suits does nintendo have lined up??? I mean come on. A bee suit and a cloud suit and magical chili peppers that you feed yoshi which is a flying dinosaur! Its nothing but nonsense. Sorry mario. This series needs to cease!
  87. Nov 20, 2011
    The second installment in the Super Mario Galaxy series, it improves on a lot of things that the original game needed. The story in this one is similar to the first, very simple and somewhat compelling. The controls are flawless once more. The level design has been somehow been stepped up a notch in this game. Most of the levels are an absolute joy to play. Mario veterans will be happy with the layout from level to level, as it replicates the 2D Mario games' level selection. The orchestral score is as great as ever. The inclusion of Yoshi in this game is a welcome addition, though I wish he was more involved at times. There are so many stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2, it may be a turnoff for the non hardcore gamers playing this game. The graphics are beautiful and really use the Wii's hardware well. If I were to give a score to this game it would be 9.6. Expand
  88. Nov 18, 2011
    Gameplay
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a great gameplay the same as it prequel. Super Mario Galaxy 2 take it to the next level with new characters and features. You can now ride Yoshi and play as Luigi earlier. The boss fights are more intense especially the final boss fight with the Mighty Koopa King Bowser. The gameplay will keep you playing for hours. There also some new Power Ups such as
    Rock, Cloud, and Drill.
    Story
    The story start off at Peach Castle Ground where Mario goes to Peach but soon after Bowser appear and kidnapped her. Once again you must save Peach and return the loss Baby Luma to his mama.
    Controls
    The controls are the same and Yoshi controls are great too.
    Graphic
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 has slightly better graphic than it's prequel. It is also one of the best looking game on Wii along with Sonic Colors, Xenoblade, Zelda Skyward Sword, Metroid, Brawl and Donkey Kong.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is obviously my favorite Mario Platformer right in front of Super Mario 64, Galaxy and Bros 3. This is a must have game in your Wii Game Library.

My score for this game is 10 out of 10!! Master Piece!
  89. Nov 18, 2011
    Nintendo breaks all norm as they release a sequel of a mario game on the same console (the last time they did this was on SNES). Regardless, for those who loved Mario Galaxy will enjoy this one even more, as it includes more old features that were left out on the original, as Yoshi returns, some nostalgic stages and music are back. Nintendo really outdone themselves in the graphics (which are HD quality like), Orchestral Music Score, and a even more improved gameplay structure. Expand
  90. Nov 16, 2011
    It took Mario Galaxy, which was near flawless in every department, and made it better. It is the best game on the Wii. All the brilliance from the original is their and then some. It surpassed my unfairly high expectations. An incredible, must own game.
  91. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply a master piece. Building on Super Mario Galaxy, this game ties up loose ends such as Yoshi, harder levels, more creative worlds, and a longer replay value.

Just like the first game, this game is just bounding with rich and visual colors. This is definitely the best looking Wii game so far.

Again accompanied by an orchestra, comes another amazing soundtrack packed with very
    memorable tunes.

Of course, gameplay is done ever better with more challenging stages and the inclusion of Yoshi is just too hard to pass up.

A definite buy for all Wii owners, this game is a master piece for all to play.
  92. Nov 11, 2011
    Words cannot describe the genius of this game. This game is a testament to the creative spirit of humanity. It's hard to fathom how a Mario game can achieve such technical, artistic, and gameplay perfection, yet this game does everything right. It's charming, jam-packed with content, and simple to learn but hard to master. Just when I though Galaxy 1 was perfect, Galaxy 2 supersedes it! All other platformers, as good as they may be, pale in comparison. Expand
  93. Nov 9, 2011
    Im not a Mario fan, but this is a really good and I didn't find it repetitive at all. It has a good graphics, controls, plot, and alot more! The co-op could be better.
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    I've briefly played "Super Mario Galaxy 2" and although it was brief, I still remember the epicness from the game. Not only does the game look clean and good, but the mechanism was simple and familiar. Mario couldn't look better in any other Mario games than this one. The brilliant, pure creativity of the product was also a blast. BUY IT!!!
  95. Nov 7, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy 2, is a better game, why all kinds of aspects, the game-play is all perfect and responsive and blend all aspects of game saga of Mario for example, the battle with Bowser, save the princess Peach, inter alia... The graphics of the game are super-realistic, much more realistic that the previus game
  96. Nov 6, 2011
    I never played the 1st Super Mario Galaxy but the 2nd one is absolutely amazing. Smooth graphics, fun gameplay, and amazing design make this the best 3D Mario game yet!
  97. Nov 1, 2011
    Yoshi and Mario are back!! Very beautiful levels, some which appear to almost be in HD quality very crisp clear visuals. Game play mechanics all there just like the 1st Mario Galaxy and some added features that will make things easier such as level selection. Two new power upgrades which I loved: The Cloud suite and Rock suite very fun in certain levels which they are needed in. The best part of this game which makes it close to being better than the 1st Galaxy is of course YOSHI! That's right the little green dinosaur is back and better than ever! Simple fun for the whole family to enjoy this game will keep you busy for a few months at least. Over all an excellent game that you will want to collect and revisit. Expand
  98. Oct 27, 2011
    One of my favorite games of all time. It has all the features of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and still is so much better. It does not get repetitive compared to Super Mario Galaxy 1. I completed 1 and 2 100%. Both were awesome but Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a lot better. The levels are all different compared to 1 and power ups either return from 1 or are all new. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both awesome but 2 is so much better, Expand
  99. Oct 27, 2011
    i still prefer sm64 and sunshine i completely agree with doubledeejay
    . still one ofthe greatest games for wii, a must have
  100. Oct 23, 2011
    SMG was already real damn good. But SMG2- my god is it amazing. Improved visuals, endlessly imaginitive level design, awesome new power-ups (especially Yoshi), and more stars then ever before- you`ll fall in love all over again.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.