Super Mario Galaxy Wii

9.0

1. MattS.
    Oct 11, 2008
    This game is a complete waste of time - the graphics are o.k., but they make no difference to an uninspired platformer such as Galaxy. Do yourslef a favour and go buy Mario 64 - it's exactly the same as this.
  2. MarlonB.
    Oct 16, 2008
    "sigh" Mario has lost his edge. I would definitly say that mario is better in 2d. jumping on enemies, no life bar, not as many dumb power-ups that ruin the gamplay, 2d were his glory days. plus this game is targeted for children... LAME!!!
    Dec 9, 2007
    Galaxy uses play mechanics from a 10 year old game and graphics from a 5 year old game, and doesn't even have a great storyline to salvage it from the depths of un-originality. It was nice, but won't be deserving of any Game of the Year awards, even if it wins them.
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    sorry Nintendo but super Mario Galaxy is way to easy to beat and it doesn't help that mario's new fighting style is saddling. everything is very easy to beat and the boss battles are nothing to talk about for they are also easy. of course theirs the perk of very memorable levels and the graphics are a nice touch to the game ,but the game was just to easy for my liking. and why in the hecksorry Nintendo but super Mario Galaxy is way to easy to beat and it doesn't help that mario's new fighting style is saddling. everything is very easy to beat and the boss battles are nothing to talk about for they are also easy. of course theirs the perk of very memorable levels and the graphics are a nice touch to the game ,but the game was just to easy for my liking. and why in the heck did they add the 2 player option that literally does nothing to help out much in the game just shooting star-bits all over the place. sorry nintendo you lost me with this game Expand
  5. ja
    Mar 4, 2008
    The game exudes the why bother playiing appeal from the moment you turn on and the story is garbage
  6. AndrewM
    Aug 29, 2009
    Boring gameplay, abysmal story, , unnecessary prophecies and gimmicks, oh, and Mario fans are going to attack people that don't like the new Mario games? This game has it all!
  7. wetweg
    Apr 12, 2008
    This game is sucky and overrated.
  8. JamesK.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Great to look at, might be amazing for younger players. Anyone 20+ will get bored along the way. When is Nintendo going to try something different? Mario 64 in space is not original.
  9. tb
    Jan 10, 2009
    I love platformers and i really looked forward 2 this game but its no ratchet. if this game had better graphics and much better art direction (that transported you to amazing worlds like platformers are supposed to), if the camera was better and the planetoids and swimming levels were all gone and replaced with fun levels that used the motion controls, Galaxy could have been a great game. I love platformers and i really looked forward 2 this game but its no ratchet. if this game had better graphics and much better art direction (that transported you to amazing worlds like platformers are supposed to), if the camera was better and the planetoids and swimming levels were all gone and replaced with fun levels that used the motion controls, Galaxy could have been a great game. Its a bad game, but a major improvement over the equalley mundane but even harder to control Sunshine. Expand
  10. ShaunQ.
    Feb 26, 2008
    This is getting boring now. Can't nintendo think of anything else or do they still have to rely on kids buying games with characters that have been used hundreds of times before. Once again Mario returns to yet another pointless and easy mission to save the princess who has been captured (again) just like he has for all the other hundreds of games. The only people who can find this This is getting boring now. Can't nintendo think of anything else or do they still have to rely on kids buying games with characters that have been used hundreds of times before. Once again Mario returns to yet another pointless and easy mission to save the princess who has been captured (again) just like he has for all the other hundreds of games. The only people who can find this game/series fun anymore are children (really really young children), people who just like walking on planets that take 10 steps to go around and catch a star while killing one enemy or brain dead people (which is actually a bit like the second one). If you want to waste your money on something repetitive then by all means get this but if you still like mario and really want to play it then play an older one (it is the same game basically). Expand
  11. Marko
    Dec 9, 2007
    If this game had a tagline, it would be "I Can't Believe We're Still Getting Away With This!" Nintendo had a good thing going with Mario64, then they just flatlined after that. Add prettier graphics and planet hopping and you've got Galaxy. Not only that, but Nintendo's definition of "replay value" is forcing you to play though the game twice if you want to see a If this game had a tagline, it would be "I Can't Believe We're Still Getting Away With This!" Nintendo had a good thing going with Mario64, then they just flatlined after that. Add prettier graphics and planet hopping and you've got Galaxy. Not only that, but Nintendo's definition of "replay value" is forcing you to play though the game twice if you want to see a little bit more content. At least Nintendo's Zelda games inject originality and storyline into each one; there's definite quirks to each. You could look at any given screenshot and tell which Zelda you're looking at. Not so with Mario; it's just business as usual. Rent this game if you must, but a few hours into it, you'll realize that you've been had yet again by the Mario team. Expand
  12. Jun 7, 2011
    Ok, I ask myself "Who the hell would rate this game high. I mean yeah i used to play it...(Mario that is) But then I turned 8 years old! The amount of games that are being sold is appalling (For Mario)
    This is so outrageous and stupid that I just can't rate it!
  13. Mar 2, 2013
    The space where it was possible to move always seemed to be very small. Almost felt like a converted 2d game. Constantly dealing with gravity wasnt a great move either, it kind of ruined the experience. I wasnt a great fan of the motion control either, felt very duckt taped and gimmicky. The art style left nothing to complain about, lovely colourful environments. The setting in space didntThe space where it was possible to move always seemed to be very small. Almost felt like a converted 2d game. Constantly dealing with gravity wasnt a great move either, it kind of ruined the experience. I wasnt a great fan of the motion control either, felt very duckt taped and gimmicky. The art style left nothing to complain about, lovely colourful environments. The setting in space didnt really appeal to me, it didnt have the Mario feeling to it. The green grass, castles and trees is just much more fitting. The graphics left much to wish for, but it wasnt much they could do with that hardware. It does look significantly better on dolphin emulator with upscaling and some minor graphic tweaks. An OK game, but Id rather see a full blown remake of Mario 64 with 1080p resolution.

Its not a bad game, but its the Galaxy instalment is by far the worst in the series. I was a sceptic to Mario Sunshine when it came, but after playing this I realize how much better it was. Its obvious that the new and younger crowd loved this game. I hope that they some day get the chance to play Mario 64 and see how much better it can be.
  14. Alan
    Mar 29, 2009
    Sad to see Mario drop to this level. Shooting Mario from one little piece of rock to another is not what Mario is about. The opening level of Toadstool's castle feels like Mario 64 and makes you think another epic is in store but it fails to live up to that promise and delivers a quite frankly shocking game.
  15. TechniM.
    Dec 7, 2007
    This rainbow colored whack-a-mole style game with little depth, but a lot of attitude. It might make a good stocking stuffer for the younger Wii owners.
  16. Dudeson
    Nov 13, 2007
    Basically copies Ratchet and Clank in every way.
  17. AnonymousMC
    Nov 21, 2007
    I played this game for about 2 hours and then booted crysis back up! i usually like this style of game but this just failed to engage me.

i pride myself on having as little bias as possible and i think this is fanboy overhype, it should stop so people like me with no platform/series preference arent dissapointed.

yours regretfully (for wasting my money) david.
  18. hl
    Mar 15, 2008
    I returned this to gamestop in my 7 day window it was that inane. severe letdown. unlike smash brothers, which delivered.
  19. Aug 26, 2013
    I've tried playing this game twice but brought it back in the next few days. The first time was because you couldn't save in between. The second time was because once I'd finished the second level it wouldn't let me do anything (It probably would've but I didn't know how to do it. The game looks great but far too hard.
  20. Nov 7, 2012
    Played this and don't seem why it gets so much praise. I was bored to tears in 25 minutes. It seems like people just bought the game as a replacement for Mario 64. This doesn't impress
  21. Mar 3, 2013
    Worst Mario game Ive played, along with the second Galaxy. I didnt like the setting in space, the lack of "open world" environments. Mario is the one game where the concept cant change too much. We need the castle, the green grass, the classic water levels etc. This felt much more sterile. The motion controls wasnt fitting in this game, it felt very gimmicky. The spin move would have feltWorst Mario game Ive played, along with the second Galaxy. I didnt like the setting in space, the lack of "open world" environments. Mario is the one game where the concept cant change too much. We need the castle, the green grass, the classic water levels etc. This felt much more sterile. The motion controls wasnt fitting in this game, it felt very gimmicky. The spin move would have felt more natural to do with a button, which would have made it more precise.

Mario 64 remains unbeaten.
  22. Jul 9, 2013
    I got it I HATE THIS STUPID GAME. Why? the 2nd player only gets to collect star WHICH IS STUPID that is why I hate this STUPID GAME. If I made a bottom 10 Mario games, it WILL BE #1
  23. DantePeaks
    Nov 17, 2007
    Bad camera angles, bad plot, very repetative, bad game.
  24. Nov 22, 2011
    I don't know why this game is so loved it just an overrated piece of crap. Sure the game looks nice I wish I could say the same for the gameplay its so broken. I find my self slipping off platforms and also falling through them. Sometimes I don't know where to go or I find out to late and I'm dead. The gameplay is as repetitive as ever. This was supposed to be the true worthy successor toI don't know why this game is so loved it just an overrated piece of crap. Sure the game looks nice I wish I could say the same for the gameplay its so broken. I find my self slipping off platforms and also falling through them. Sometimes I don't know where to go or I find out to late and I'm dead. The gameplay is as repetitive as ever. This was supposed to be the true worthy successor to Mario 64. Ha this game isn't worthy enough to be the sequel to Hotel Mario. Expand
  25. Dec 27, 2011
    I'm a long time Mario fan all the way from Super Mario Bros (NES) to Mario 64. This game just doesn't cut it. 1) It's really easy. I beat the third bowser in about ten hours or so and hardly ever died. 2) It's really repetitive; nearly the entire game focuses on the gravity based physics of jumping from planet to planet. Maybe it's more fun if you play while dropping acid? 3) Since whenI'm a long time Mario fan all the way from Super Mario Bros (NES) to Mario 64. This game just doesn't cut it. 1) It's really easy. I beat the third bowser in about ten hours or so and hardly ever died. 2) It's really repetitive; nearly the entire game focuses on the gravity based physics of jumping from planet to planet. Maybe it's more fun if you play while dropping acid? 3) Since when does Mario get a story? This game seems to be designed for small children... a huge letdown for older fans Expand
  26. JohnS.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Horrible, the graphics were bad and the wii remote is very hard to use. This was by far one of the worst games I have ever played!

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.