8.9

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest Mario games period. It does everything that a Mario game should do, but does it tremendously. The platforming is challenging but still accessible to new comers and the level design oozes with creativity. One second you could be surfing with penguins and the next you are fighting against a giant robot. The motion controls are used just as much as they should be. They are primarily used for firing star bits and doing spins. The game is huge with 120 stars to collect and a second game where you play as Luigi. No level feels poorly designed and considering how many levels there are, that is saying a lot. The story is your standard Peach get captured adventure. However, what makes this story different is the character of Rosalina who has a very interesting backstory. The graphics look very polished and the soundtrack is incredible. However, what makes this game great is one thing, the fun factor. When it comes down to it, what makes a game is the gameplay and how much fun it's and Galaxy delivers in spades. If you haven't played this game yes, there is no excuse. It is one of the highest rated games of all time for a reason. Expand
  2. Aug 6, 2013
    This is by far one of the most amazing experiences on the Wii! At first, being a Mario fan, I thought this game looked a little too strange and would mess up what I always loved, but I'm happy to say that it offered another level of innovation and fun!

It adds a new theme to that fun Mario atmosphere that we always loved! This is by far one of the best games on the Wii.
  3. Aug 29, 2013
    The game is incredible with tons of levels, great gameplay, solid controls, surprisingly responsive motion controls, great bosses, average characters, a Luigi mode, and great new power ups this game is really the definitive game on the Wii (excluding cross over games).
  4. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the most fun games that i have ever play on wii
    super mario galaxy is a must game that i enjoyed playing i love using luigi in both games once you beat game as mario however the mission are challenge but still fun
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    let me start this off by saying that super mario galaxy is one of the best games of all time, it just might be the best game of all time and it is without a doubt the best mario game ever. now the story is basic, bowser wants peach so he takes here into space. and the gameplay, it's amazing, you control mario on an incredible adventure through space and you'll go through all kinds of galaxies that are very different from each other, the galaxies are the levels of this game. and the objective of the game is like super mario sunshine, find the shine sprite, however in this game you're finding power stars which are like shine sprites. when you start the game you are greeted with one of the best cutscenes in any video game ever. then you go on an adventure that mario and you will never forget. there are over 40 galaxies to explore in this game, and they are so great, one of my favorite galaxies is the honeyhive galaxy, this galaxy has you trying to protect the bees from their enemies the manabugs, and another galaxy called the ghostly galaxy is like luigi's mansion all over again, only this time you play as mario and you have to find luigi in a haunted mansion. and probably my all time favorite galaxy the one made out of toys, you also platform on a gaint 8-bit mario, that is probably to this day the best level in any super mario game to this day. the controls are also great and you use the wii remote to point at the screen and collect star bits, star bits are to super mario galaxy, what blue coins are super mario sunshine, if you collect enough of them you can unlock extra levels. and the music in this game is BEAUTIFUL. the orchestra that played this music is great, yes i said that an orchestra played music for a super mario game. this is one of the best games i have ever played, the best game on the wii, the best game of 2007, and the best mario game. this game is a masterpeice and i HIGHLY recomend this to anyone. this game gets a 10 out of 10 score perfect not one thing is wrong with this game. Expand
  6. Sep 7, 2013
    Fantastic game! Very lengthy, great 'story' long enough to totally enjoy, and still things left to do after you get Bowser. Camera angles got a little bit funky at times, but that's my only complaint. Solid Mario game.
  7. Sep 12, 2013
    The first time I ever laid my eyes on this awesome Mario game was back in 2007 on Halloween (No Joke).
    I am really surprised with this Mario game, I played it and loved it. Score: 4/5.
  8. Sep 17, 2013
    A masterpiece in platforming. Sure, the story is definitely nothing novel worthy, but the graphics are masterful. Everything looks amazing. The controls are flawless, the replay value is high, and the camera is almost always in the right position. Probably one of the best parts of the game is its soundtrack. It is truly wonderful to listen to. Buy the soundtrack if you can. The difficulty is very consistent except for maybe a couple boss fights and some of the purple coin levels. If you own a Wii or Wii U, get to GameStop, BuyBacks, Amazon, or any retailer that sells this game. It is worth every single penny. Expand
  9. Oct 18, 2013
    Super mario galaxy is an impressive game Mario's leap into space is an adventure like no other The graphics in this game are beautiful the best on wii .the soundtrack and level design is phenomenal and the gameplay is flawless You should buy it now as is one of the best games in history 9.7/10
  10. Oct 19, 2013
    Esse jogo e muito bom,por causa de sua dificudade,historia,etc... mas tem uns que dizem que e ruim esse jogo maravilhoso jogo de wii.
  11. Jan 22, 2014
    A true masterpiece. I have played this game so much when i was younger... My childhood favorite! The mechanics, gameplay, all executed perfectly. I love this game!
  12. Dec 3, 2013
    Pure perfection. That's all there is to be said. The power ups are amazing and really enhance the gameplay, and each level brings on something new, creative, and challenging. Super Mario Galaxy is a must have for anyone who has a wii, or anyone who appreciates video games, for that matter.
  13. Jan 4, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. This game takes everything Super Mario 64 had, and made this 10 times better. Probably the only game that outdoes it last gen was galaxy 2.
  14. Jan 2, 2014
    Probably one of the most imaginative and well designed games I have ever played, seemingly designed for children, but more than just a little fitting for anyone more mature. This game offers fantastic platforming segments, as well as interesting level design and a touching story on the side.

The main story is, of course, rather more of the same; princess gets kidnapped, Mario goes to
    rescue her. But what sets this game apart from the others lies in the game mechanics; it sees you jumping from planet to planet, gathering star bits (seemingly the currency in the game) and navigating elaborate obstacles and challenges. This game is more than just jumping and dodging; some involve clever tactics, others require you to search the environment for clues.

This game is also far from small; you must gather around 200 stars to fully accomplish the game, and not all of those will come easy to you, as is obvious in Mario galaxy's almost punishing bonus challenges, which appear in the form of "prankster comets". These offer special challenges to levels you have previously completed, such as only being able to take one hit of damage, or racing against time. Difficult, but certainly a welcome challenge.

Overall, fantastic, very nearly flawless game. It is well deserving of a perfect score, and of all the great scores it seems to have attained from official critics. Nintendo does it again.
  15. Jan 9, 2014
    What can i say about the game that has not already been said? This game is a masterpiece in gaming and a landmark in modern gaming. Everything about Galaxy is perfect, just absolutely everything. I don't have a single complaint about this game. Get this is game if you don't have it.
  16. Jan 9, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy is an excellent game. The graphics are amazing, and with 120 stars to collect, the game will definitely keep the player entertained for a long time.
    Amazing graphics, music, gameplay, control, and design.
  17. PMG
    Jan 31, 2014
    This game is easy, but to me it still is the best WII game. With so many big and interesting levels, bosses like King fin, Boulder geist and Bowser, the sweet power ups, Rosalina and the comet observatory all help to make this my favorite Mario game ever.
  18. Jan 30, 2014
    Such gaming goodness! So satisfying to collect the stars and the level design makes me go all gooey.. The only issue I have is with control - controlling Mario underwater can be tough.
  19. Feb 3, 2014
    Hands down the best game Nintendo have ever created. This game is the pinnacle of their creative brilliance and every minute was entertaining, unique and a pleasure to play. It has the appeal of the other 3D Mario games but excels in it's own ideas which are not present in many Nintendo games today. It's amazing, if you haven't played it please do.
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    Great Game! It was my first Wii game that I played, I absolutely love it, it's a ton of fun! I think everyone should buy it! really good graphics! really good storyline for a Mario game ( not bashing Mario story writers)
  21. Feb 14, 2014
    Favorite game of all time finished it 13 times and still can't get enough also it is a huge leap for Nintendo now all we need is super mario galaxy 3 to save the wii u
  22. Feb 27, 2014
    The best wii game ever released. pitch perfect platforming and stunning graphics and art design for a wii game nintendo has set a high bar for itself with this gem.
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    The greatest game of all time is what people, and it's easy to see why. With a never-thought of-gameplay, beautiful visuals that makes HD games look bland, and Bowser at his cruelest, this is game is a must have for any generations.
  24. Feb 27, 2014
    My all time favorite. I remember my joy of when I got my Wii on Christmas day 2007, and then just a few hours later when the rest of my family came over I unwrapped this masterpiece. It became my entire childhood and to this day I have never played a game that had come any where close to matching it. It was probably one of the saddest days of my life when stupid me broke the disc, I was traumatized for days.

This game proved with its graphics that 480p can be gorgeous and that HD doesn't matter. Its incredible controls cannot be matched by any other. The music puts you to tears every time and unlike most titles, the soundtrack is worth buying. This game here is what made me a gamer.

This game here showed me the beautiful light of Nintendo. And I will treasure this game for the rest of my life. Just a few months ago I got a new copy of the game and pulled all nighters playing it and felt emotions I will probably never feel again. I will never get over my feelings for this masterpiece that we have all experienced.
  25. Apr 11, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy is without a doubt one of the greatest Mario games ever made. First off the story is really good, even for just a generic "Bowser kidnaps Peach", it does more with some cool themes and even a little bit of darkness to it, I also like the character, Rosalina, and later on in the game you will hear of a back story about her with I think is something I really like that they put in a Mario game. The Gameplay is pretty much near-flawless, it controls fine and there is some great levels and designs; speaking of designs, this game has some of the best graphics on the Wii, it almost looks HD! I also like that Luigi is in this game after his absence in SM64 and SMS, he was pretty fun to play. Overall SMG is one of the greatest Mario games and one of the greatest Wii games out there. An essential game to add to your Wii Library. Expand

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.