Super Mario Galaxy Wii

8.9

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1984 Ratings

1. Nov 1, 2011
    My personal favorite title for the Nintendo Wii console. Super Mario Galaxy has mechanics during the game play that will absorb all gravity like a black hole. The levels with the shooting stars, galaxy music that makes you feel like your a floating Mario out in space, and over all level designs that will pull you into the game like never before. This game revolutionized Platformers for allMy personal favorite title for the Nintendo Wii console. Super Mario Galaxy has mechanics during the game play that will absorb all gravity like a black hole. The levels with the shooting stars, galaxy music that makes you feel like your a floating Mario out in space, and over all level designs that will pull you into the game like never before. This game revolutionized Platformers for all future generations. I loved it and collected all the stars even with Luigi. Fun fun and more fun! Highly Recommended!!! Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2011
    No Doubt about it Super mario Galaxy is a great game With awesome graphics nice looking graphics One bad thing is it could have slightly more characters but the Amazing galaxy of LOOP-DE-LOOP is a great part so a great single plyer game one thing would let it down the multiplayer is discraceful all you do is point at stars so This Is a must buy Single Player 3D Platformer B 8/10 80%
  3. Nov 19, 2011
    Not the best Mario game, but still fantastic. The gameplay is the same as previous 3D Mario's with additional perks, but that's not a bad thing. The graphics are fantastic for an early Wii game and playing it doesn't feel like a chore. However, the most spectacular part about it is the level design. The creators really got inventive when it came to all the different, beautiful levels. TheNot the best Mario game, but still fantastic. The gameplay is the same as previous 3D Mario's with additional perks, but that's not a bad thing. The graphics are fantastic for an early Wii game and playing it doesn't feel like a chore. However, the most spectacular part about it is the level design. The creators really got inventive when it came to all the different, beautiful levels. The gravity places a whole new experience never seen before in a Mario game. Expand
  4. Nov 8, 2011
    This game looks great. There are some pretty good reflection effects in the water and the crystals, all the old characters and enemies are more detailed than ever before and the new ones fit in.
    The camera system doesn't give you much control over which direction it's facing and at times takes it away completely, but the game usually does a very good job with the camera. However, there were two times when the camera spontaneously decided that it would be a great help to me to have a wall blocking out my sight of Mario, nearly causing me to fall down into a black hole.
    The soundtrack mostly consists of original compositions, although there are a few remixes of older Mario tunes, namely the original Super Mario Bros. theme and the Super Mario Bros. 3 theme, both of which I prefer to the originals.
    There are some tracks which would seem out of place in any other Mario game but feel right at home in Galaxy. Some tracks are dynamic, as in, they change depending on what you're doing. For example, one track plays with different instruments when you're underwater.
    The game has the same basic story as all the previous Mario games: Bowser kidnaps Peach and Mario has to go and rescue her. The biggest differences are the setting (space), Rosalina and that we get to know Bowser's motives.
    There's also a bit of back story about the Star Festival that's being celebrated at the beginning of the game and the much more important Rosalina's storybook, which is the only part of the game with any character development. It's probably the most mature story told by a Mario game in the main franchise (although that doesn't say much).
    The controls are rather simple, although movement takes a little getting used to when you're doing it upside-down.The biggest change is the integration of motion controls into the game, which it does rather unobtrusively. You shake the Wii Remote to do a spin attack, you point at the screen to grab star bits or grab a pull star and you press B while pointing at the screen to throw the star bits, and that's the full extent of the motion controls while playing the main game.
    There are also some galaxies with different controls that only use the motion controls to perform actions such as manta surfing, ball rolling and moving bubbles by blowing air at them. The motion controls are implemented well into these actions. The only one I have a problem with is the manta surfing one, where you control the manta by twisting the Wii Remote left and right, and if you do it too fast, the game interprets it as a shake, which is a jump when you're manta surfing. This can lead to deaths that could have been easily avoided by having more traditional controls in these segments.
    The ball rolling segments are much less obtrusive, and the only problem I have with it is that it's hard to stop, which you do by holding the Wii Remote upright, but this is a pretty minor complaint. It would have been improved by being controlled with the analog stick, but it's better than the manta surfing stages, since the game only uses the motion controls for rolling the ball, so you won't be making any accidental jumps.
    The bubble stages are definitely the best of the three. Mario is trapped inside a bubble which you can move by blowing air at it, an action which involves pointing at the screen and pressing A to blow air at it from the on-screen cursor. I never once felt that these segments would have been better by using the analog sicks, and they might even be better with the motion controls.
    Thanks to the addition of planetoids and gravity, Super Mario Galaxy features some of the most creative level design in years. There is an entire planetoid shaped like a question mark, one shaped like an 8-bit Mario and one shaped like Yoshi's head.
    Just like previous Mario games, whenever you get a star, you get taken back to the hub world. However, unlike previous Mario games, when you go back to the same galaxy to get the next star, the world is significantly changed (although there are a few exceptions), which makes it feel like there's a real reason to have to go back.The boss battles are usually like a sort of final exam on some skill you learned, usually earlier within the same galaxy. This time around there are less bosses that are just bigger versions of smaller enemies, and there are small changes in their behaviour after hitting them enough times to make the fight slightly harder, such as bringing smaller enemies to help them out.
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    Mario's definitive adventure on the Nintendo Wii is a gem. The story in Super Mario Galaxy is very simple yet sort of compelling. The controls in the game are flawless as you leap and bound all over the universe. The concept of walking on a spherical object and eventually walking upside down is great. The level design in this game is astonishing. You could say that the gameplayMario's definitive adventure on the Nintendo Wii is a gem. The story in Super Mario Galaxy is very simple yet sort of compelling. The controls in the game are flawless as you leap and bound all over the universe. The concept of walking on a spherical object and eventually walking upside down is great. The level design in this game is astonishing. You could say that the gameplay possibilities are endless. For me at least, the only problem with the game was that after you beat the main boss, I was not compelled to collect any more stars, although the additional galaxies were some of the expertly crafted ones. This is the first Mario game to have an orchestral score, and I gotta say its amazing. It adds so much to the wonderment of the great beyond you play in. If I were to give a proper score to this game it would be a 9.6. Expand
  6. Nov 16, 2011
    Excellent in every department for me, with great graphics, great sound, and great levels. Add to those things with good controls and that Nintendo magic and creativity, and you have this masterpiece.
  7. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is what all game are designed to ultimately do: be fun and enjoyable. It's been a while since I've played a game that was this fun and exciting. Galaxy offers beautiful graphics, great dynamic gameplay, new innovation to the Mario franchise and a solid 35+ hours of gameplay. I would highly recommend to all Wii owners. One of the top games of this generation
  8. Nov 18, 2011
    Nintendo brings back the Mario classic to the Nintendo Wii with Super Mario Galaxy! Super Mario Galaxy goes back to similar roots as Super Mario 64, distancing itself in terms of gameplay from Super Mario Sunshine, exploration has never been better. Although its different from Sunshine, the gameplay does have the same basic controls except the use of FLUDD, you have the wii mote to use toNintendo brings back the Mario classic to the Nintendo Wii with Super Mario Galaxy! Super Mario Galaxy goes back to similar roots as Super Mario 64, distancing itself in terms of gameplay from Super Mario Sunshine, exploration has never been better. Although its different from Sunshine, the gameplay does have the same basic controls except the use of FLUDD, you have the wii mote to use to spin attack and to target falling star shards. Fans of the Mario series will surely enjoy this instant classic as the storyline is lighthearted, music score is one of the best ever made, gameplay is fluid, graphics are dream like! Expand
  9. Nov 27, 2011
    The visuals are astonishing and well fitted for the Wii. The game is fun and satisfying and the environment is divers but not anything new to the Mario franchise. Other then this, the number one problem is the insanely easy difficulty. You will need no guide or any particular skill to beat this game. Which is a downer for the more game advanced people. But it is still worth buying just toThe visuals are astonishing and well fitted for the Wii. The game is fun and satisfying and the environment is divers but not anything new to the Mario franchise. Other then this, the number one problem is the insanely easy difficulty. You will need no guide or any particular skill to beat this game. Which is a downer for the more game advanced people. But it is still worth buying just to see the wonders of Mario in 3D. Expand
  10. Nov 27, 2011
    This is perfection in gaming, delivered as only Nintendo know how. Music, graphics, and the ever-changing gameplay make this game very hard to stop playing. There is plenty of fanboy service with characters and old tunes revamped. There is nothing you could do to make this a better game. It is sheer perfection, and thoroughly deserving of my 10 rating. There are complaints that it is tooThis is perfection in gaming, delivered as only Nintendo know how. Music, graphics, and the ever-changing gameplay make this game very hard to stop playing. There is plenty of fanboy service with characters and old tunes revamped. There is nothing you could do to make this a better game. It is sheer perfection, and thoroughly deserving of my 10 rating. There are complaints that it is too easy, and certain boss fights are WAY too easy, but this does not detract from the game at all. Those complaints are dealt with in SMG2 anyways. Expand
  11. Feb 15, 2013
    One of the best video games of all time! This is how all mario platformers should be! My favorite mario game ever! There's no other game like this! Except the less than steller sequal, lol get it? I know you do
  12. Dec 12, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games on Wii for a vast variety of reasons. From the bright colourful graphics to the absolutely astounding gameplay, Galaxy took me in its arms and drove me through an epic adventure of hop-and-bop wonder.

The graphics are utterly amazing, pushing the hardware to its limits- we have high polygon models, deep and well defined textures and a bright and cheery colour palette. The orchestrated music adds to this deeply atmospheric and space-driven world, with themes to fit every Galaxy you visit.

But the gameplay is where this game truly comes into its own- with a good challenge and plenty of variety in the platforming puzzles you must overcome, I was really amazed. The tight controls lent themselves to the mind-warping gravity-based platforming. In addition, there is a ton of content in this game- with 120 stars spread over 40 or so galaxies, you won't be putting this game down in a hurry!

This game is a joy to play- from the adventurous levels based on exploration to some of the trickiest platforming this side of Shinobi, I can utterly recommend Super Mario Galaxy! Play it now, if you haven't already :)
  13. Jan 20, 2012
    Because of the extremely creative and fun level design, I'm giving this an 8 / 10. Otherwise I have never really been that much a fan of mario. For a wii game, the visuals are quite impressive aswell.
  14. Dec 25, 2011
    One of the best games on the Wii, beautiful, adventurous and a bright torch for the future of the Super Mario platform series. The control scheme takes some time to feel comfortable with. When you are comfortable, prepare for the gaming experience few games are able to deliver.
  15. Dec 30, 2012
    With it's beautiful graphics, the orchestrated score, the influential gameplay, Super Mario Galaxy captures a sense of magic unseen in the Mario world recently.
  16. Jan 8, 2012
    I cannot understand people who have written a bad review, with a score lower than 8. I love Super Mario old style; there were a lot of Mario's games, for NES, SNES, GB...without forgetting New Super Mario bros Wii...But now, with the power of the Wii, I think they had a wonderful idea. Super Mario Galaxy is almost perfect: the first stars are a little bit easy to take, but then becomeI cannot understand people who have written a bad review, with a score lower than 8. I love Super Mario old style; there were a lot of Mario's games, for NES, SNES, GB...without forgetting New Super Mario bros Wii...But now, with the power of the Wii, I think they had a wonderful idea. Super Mario Galaxy is almost perfect: the first stars are a little bit easy to take, but then become increasingly difficult; there are beatiful levels and scenary, different types of difficulties,news skills, a lot of stars (several hidden),excellent graphics, and it's a game that take you many many hours,if you want take all stars...it's not A game.........it's THE GAME!!!!!!! Thank you Shigeru Miyamoto and Saturu Iwata (and all Nintendo Team)!! Expand
  17. May 16, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games on the Wii. The gamplay, sound, and design is excellent and replayability is high. Sure, there are some problems but still is a wonderful game!! I give it a 95.
  18. Jul 16, 2012
    Quite possibly Mario's finest adventure. Extremely creative & brilliant level design, fun new power-ups, fantastic orchestral themes, charming story and plenty of content make this not only one of the best games on Wii, but one of the best game's ever made.
  19. Jul 29, 2012
    The greatest space adventure video game I ever play.When all the light of the planetarium comes I feel a different feeling of the game;and it changes while I advanced it.A good plot and difficulty of the levels.
  20. Jul 31, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the 2 games that in my opinion is absolutely PERFECT. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
    People say this is a terrible game I disagree. Those guys are call of duty fanboys.
  21. Feb 21, 2013
    A really beatuiful and innovative game, that reinvents the mario franchise once again. There was the original, then mario 64, and now, mario galaxy is the next revolutionary turn in the franchise. The games design is extremely creative and intuitive, the controls are perfect, and the game feels fresh and new. The graphics are also good, especially on the given hardware. This game is anA really beatuiful and innovative game, that reinvents the mario franchise once again. There was the original, then mario 64, and now, mario galaxy is the next revolutionary turn in the franchise. The games design is extremely creative and intuitive, the controls are perfect, and the game feels fresh and new. The graphics are also good, especially on the given hardware. This game is an amazing wii title, and one very easily reccomendable. Expand
  22. Sep 2, 2012
    This is pretty much the only game that I sat for 3 straight days playing and beat. It was worth it though because at the time the Wii was temporary and I had to get this epic game in. Super Mario Galaxy is almost as magical as Mario 64, which means a whole hell of a lot. This game is not just for young kids, it is truly a challenging and downright fun game to play, one of the best the WiiThis is pretty much the only game that I sat for 3 straight days playing and beat. It was worth it though because at the time the Wii was temporary and I had to get this epic game in. Super Mario Galaxy is almost as magical as Mario 64, which means a whole hell of a lot. This game is not just for young kids, it is truly a challenging and downright fun game to play, one of the best the Wii has to offer. If you own a Wii I am sure you already played this game, if you haven't your missing out. Expand
  23. Sep 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In brief, the narrative revolves around Mario collecting Power Stars by flying to various Galaxies from six different domes within the Comet Observatory that act as way points to them. These Stars fuel the Observatory, which Bowser damaged beyond movement speed whilst capturing Princess Peach, who he flew to the center of the universe to start a new galaxy there with her as his bride. Rosalina, the guardian of the universe, along with the Luma, whom she also protects, ask Mario to help them recover the Power Stars and Grand Stars from Bowser's forces, and in return, promise him the Comet Observatory will fly him to the center of the universe to stop Boswer and save the Princess. With help from the Luma, Rosalina, The Toads of the Toad Brigade, other friends, and even Luigi, Mario rushes to collect as many Power Stars as he can, before it's too late.
    I could write an entire review on just the positives, but in the interest of fairness (and time,) I will try to limit my gushing

First off, let me say that for all the Nintendo fans out there, Mario is back, and in a big way. The sheer expanse of the worlds that you play through are so vast that sometimes it can be overwhelming. Yet, with the new storyline, power-ups, and moves to play around with, even old Mario fans will experience something new. The gameplay is either nearly flawless, or just plain is. I might go with the latter. The player controls Mario with the Nunchuck, and uses the Wii Remote to jump and spin, as well as to point at the screen to collect Star Bits. Every level not only has a Power Star at the end, but occasionally will have a bonus Star that activates when a Comet randomly flies over that Galaxy. Be on the eye for Hungry Lumas as well, both in the Observatory, and out in the Galaxy. If you feed them Star Bits, they will help you advance through the game, or transform into a Galaxy themselves, giving Mario another opportunity to collect a Star. In addition to all that, once you rescue Luigi from a Haunted Mansion (haha,) he'll occasionally collect Stars for you from different Galaxies, and gives them to you. That is, once you rescue him from whatever Galaxy he's found the Star. Green Stars are extremely difficult Stars to get, and are very rare. Collecting all three adds to challenging extra game content. Finally, collecting Grand Stars opens up a new dome in the Observatory. I would describe the controls as intuitive, fun, and a good use of the full capabilities of the controller. All of the fresh ways to play keep the game exciting in my opinion. In addition to Mario's old abilities, new ones like being able to spin by shaking the Wii Remote, and firing Star Bits that you find throughout the levels. The new power-ups like Ghost Mario add new content, and new challenge. There are very few problems with the game, but one might be the fact that when you turn off or reset your Wii, you loose all of the extra lives that you earned, however this can be overlooked, considering a Mail Toad gives you 5 free lives every time you start you game again, should you find him in the Comet Observatory. This has been done in other Mario games with little upset. Another minor complaint is the Co-Star mode, or two player mode. While it may be fun for a while to have a friend join you and fire Star Bits at enemies, or maybe stop a hazard from hitting you, it slowly looses its appeal. Then again, it is still entertaining, and in reality, I don't know how they could have fit two characters on the screen at once, or what other character they could have even used. So this point is mostly invalid. The only other complaint I have really is that, while the gravity mechanic in the game is usually very tight, when Mario is in between planets or even two objects with gravitational pull, Mario is sort of pulled back and forth, making him land on neither object. But even still this is nitpicking, and rarely happens at all.

Honestly, what can you say about Super Mario Galaxy that hasn't already been said? The controls are consistently tight, the musical score is superb, the level design and gameplay are better than they are in any other 3D Mario game, and it has an incredible game feel. But beating it once is not enough! Upon full completion of the game (all 120 Power Stars,) the focus shifts to Luigi and the player can go through the whole story again with the green younger brother. He even controls differently for a challenge.
  24. Apr 28, 2013
    The Super Mario Galaxy series is one of the best series there is on video game world.This is the first one and for me the less brilliant one.Compairing to the 2nd title this has less powerups and a little bit less of creativity.But is still one of the funniest games for the WiI excellent visuals, story and sound.this is a game for the new and old fans of the italian plumber cause itsThe Super Mario Galaxy series is one of the best series there is on video game world.This is the first one and for me the less brilliant one.Compairing to the 2nd title this has less powerups and a little bit less of creativity.But is still one of the funniest games for the WiI excellent visuals, story and sound.this is a game for the new and old fans of the italian plumber cause its innovative and it brings back the greatest Mario we can get 3D. Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2012
    An absolute masterpiece of a platformer. Complete with mind-bending jumps, beautiful worlds, and amazing gameplay. A camera issue here and there as well as a very large hub that can make going from galaxy to galaxy a little tedious shouldn't be enough to distract the player from the adventure at hand. A must have title for Wii owners. 9/10
  26. Nov 19, 2012
    i love this game, no words. It's the kind of the tht i play, and replay. cos it's not only fun and fantastic, it's something different. If you want to spend your money in something different, fun and spectacular, spend it on it.
  27. Dec 23, 2012
    Best Wii game I have played. Better than 2 (because all that did was add Yoshi and new levels), and just fantastic. One of the best games I have ever played in my life, everything about it was fantastic. Graphics, gameplay, story, all great.
  28. May 1, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is an amazing game. The graphics are fantastic and there is plenty to do, with over 120 stars to collect it's not a short game by any means. There is the wide variety of worlds. There are water, ice, fire, grassland galaxies, and a lot more and each galaxy is unique. It's a FUN game and it's a break from the usual FPS and action game out their. I've been a gamer forSuper Mario Galaxy is an amazing game. The graphics are fantastic and there is plenty to do, with over 120 stars to collect it's not a short game by any means. There is the wide variety of worlds. There are water, ice, fire, grassland galaxies, and a lot more and each galaxy is unique. It's a FUN game and it's a break from the usual FPS and action game out their. I've been a gamer for about 30 years now and I'm only discovering the joys of wii at this stage. I would recommend them to any gamer hardcore and casual alike, you won't be dissapointed. I find it very relaxing to play. Expand
  29. Dec 29, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy é sem sombra de dúvidas um jogo indispensável para os proprietários do Ninendo Wii. Seu visual 3D, combinado com as músicas e toda a arte dos cenários é quem dão o ar da graça deste jogo, mesmo que o jogador tenha alguns problemas com a câmera. Mas não deixa de ser um dos grandes clássicosSuper Mario Galaxy é sem sombra de dúvidas um jogo indispensável para os proprietários do Ninendo Wii. Seu visual 3D, combinado com as músicas e toda a arte dos cenários é quem dão o ar da graça deste jogo, mesmo que o jogador tenha alguns problemas com a câmera. Mas não deixa de ser um dos grandes clássicos da série Super Mario. Expand
  30. Jan 26, 2013
    Made the huge mistake of playing this after the sequel--that was unfair to the game. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I got through several levels I was hooked. It is a wonderful game, that really is easy to jump in and out of--a great thing when you can't always dedicate your life to a game. The level design is great, and it has just enough vintage touch to be cool (andMade the huge mistake of playing this after the sequel--that was unfair to the game. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I got through several levels I was hooked. It is a wonderful game, that really is easy to jump in and out of--a great thing when you can't always dedicate your life to a game. The level design is great, and it has just enough vintage touch to be cool (and not sadly dependent). Overall this is a top 5 game--still prefer the sequel better, but a must play. Expand
  31. Feb 9, 2013
    Quite literally a perfect game that has no flaws, what else can I say? It has amazing controls that don't force wiimote waggle and allow for perfect platforming. The soundtrack is the best in a Mario game, i'll go ahead and say its the best in a Nintendo game. The graphics are pretty much on par with most 360/PS3 games in SD and the galaxies are all magical. One of my Favorite games of allQuite literally a perfect game that has no flaws, what else can I say? It has amazing controls that don't force wiimote waggle and allow for perfect platforming. The soundtrack is the best in a Mario game, i'll go ahead and say its the best in a Nintendo game. The graphics are pretty much on par with most 360/PS3 games in SD and the galaxies are all magical. One of my Favorite games of all time and definitely the best game on Wii! Expand
  32. Feb 4, 2013
    Although most Wii games have recently gone out of date due to the more-improved consoles such as Xbox 360, I must say that Super Mario Galaxy may possibly be the greatest video game for Wii, or the greatest over all consoles in my opinion. I have just recently beat the game, although I am now facing the re-run with Luigi, and Super Mario Galaxy contains some of my favorite characters likeAlthough most Wii games have recently gone out of date due to the more-improved consoles such as Xbox 360, I must say that Super Mario Galaxy may possibly be the greatest video game for Wii, or the greatest over all consoles in my opinion. I have just recently beat the game, although I am now facing the re-run with Luigi, and Super Mario Galaxy contains some of my favorite characters like Bowser, Luma, Star Bunny, and Rosalina. The graphics are acceptable from a 2007 Wii game, and I must say Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite in the Super Mario video game series! I'd give it a 10/10 stars. Expand
  33. Jun 25, 2013
    It's hard to explain why this game is good. Maybe it's the amazing level designs, the pick up and play nature, the phenomenal orchestrated music, or the outstanding charm of the game. These factors all seem to come together, creating one of the greatest games on Wii and one of the greatest games of this generation.

Words alone cannot explain this game. You just have to play it yourself.
  34. Mar 14, 2013
    One of the best games on Wii and just one of the best games in general, the level design in Super Mario Galaxy is some of the best, if you are a platformer fan and have not played this game you are missing out on a true gem, Whilst getting the first 60 stars is pretty easy to do, getting the full 120 stars is challenging and will give you hours of playtime. The graphics are great despiteOne of the best games on Wii and just one of the best games in general, the level design in Super Mario Galaxy is some of the best, if you are a platformer fan and have not played this game you are missing out on a true gem, Whilst getting the first 60 stars is pretty easy to do, getting the full 120 stars is challenging and will give you hours of playtime. The graphics are great despite being in SD, I never looked at the game and thought that it had to be in HD to look good, Nintendo knows how to optimize there hardware to look fantastic. If you have a Wii or Wii U then pick this up for one of the best designed games ever made. Expand
  35. Mar 30, 2013
    Visually stunning graphics combined with a great soundtrack make this a very beautiful game to look at. Admittedly, this game is "Super Mario 64" in space, but that's not necessarily a negative thing.
  36. May 3, 2013
    I spent heaps of hours playing this game because it is so imaginative and fun. The ship is really cool and there are heaps of stars to collect. You have to help Mario find Rosalina to win the game. What I really liked about it was the items like Bee Mario, a cool Star Mario, a Boo Mario and he has a cool trick where he can turn invisible and go through walls. There are also an Ice MarioI spent heaps of hours playing this game because it is so imaginative and fun. The ship is really cool and there are heaps of stars to collect. You have to help Mario find Rosalina to win the game. What I really liked about it was the items like Bee Mario, a cool Star Mario, a Boo Mario and he has a cool trick where he can turn invisible and go through walls. There are also an Ice Mario and Fire Mario with a 20 second time limit. The Spring Mario that lets you jump really high. This made the game exciting. Expand
  37. Jun 12, 2013
    Where do I start with this?

This game is amazing and really has to be seen to be believed. I was initially sceptical about the whole planets/space theme, but my god does it work. Each level or "galaxy" is broken down into several islands/floating planet things, with each having their own obstacles to negotiate. The key to this game though, is that generally speaking, you can go
    Where do I start with this?

Each level or "galaxy" is broken down into several islands/floating planet things, with each having their own obstacles to negotiate. The key to this game though, is that generally speaking, you can go "under" the level as well across it as you normally would. This is extremely difficult to describe and has to be seen to really understand it. This key feature introduces a whole new dimension to the game, and gives it staggering potential for level design. It is very weird at first with the controls and camera leaving you unsure initially, but it doesn't take long at all to get used to them.

The other thing about this game that really stands out is it's visuals. This game is absolutely gorgeous, and I was playing it without the HD component cable! As is typical of a mario game, the colours are so rich and everything looks perfectly designed. The music as well, is typical mario, and effortlessly combines the feel of 16-bit gaming with grandiose, scene-perfect music.

Finally, the controls are extremely intuitive and are pretty much the same as Mario 64 & Sunshine. This helps, as the game is different enough as it is with all the gravity/camera shifting to deal with.

Another plus point, is that the controls aren't over "Wii'd". What I mean by this is that on Super Monkey Ball, everything is controlled "Wii-style". For instance, to scroll through the menus you need to tilt the remote left and right. JUST SET IT UP TO USE THE D-PAD! Not everything needs to be incorporated into the remote! Thankfully, Mario Galaxy keeps things simple and uses these useful features where appropriate, rather than for everything. Like Resident Evil 4, the nunchuk and remote combo works effortlessly without over-complicating anything.

Bottom line is, why are you reading this? Go out there and buy this now!
  38. Jul 2, 2013
    Sorry how I posted a half finished review. I meant to click check spelling because I misspelled exalted. But I wasn't paying attention and clicked submit. So let's pick up where I left off. .

is and how complex is her backstory. You can actually read exactly what happened to her once you access the library in the hub. And also, the game is a technical masterpiece for not only its stellar animation, but for its super catchy tunes, notably the Gusty Garden Galaxy. And replay value is very strong in this title. You'll find yourself doing things as crazy and exciting as finding different colored stars to doing things as simple and fun as collecting coins and reading mail from Princess Peach. So that's all my good stuff with the title. Now let's get the bad over with: you'll be pleased to know there's hardly anything that's bad.

The Bad:

Well, there's 2 nit-picks that I have with the title: One is that I wish there was bonus content within the levels.(Stuff besides stars, star BITS, coins 1-ups, etc. Not that it won't keep you occupied)And two is that the hub world is pretty empty besides a few toads and lumas. But hey, hub worlds aren't the main focus of the game. My ideas aside, Super Mario Galaxy still rocks.

The Ugly:

None! :D

So overall, I really love this one. There is no such thing as a perfect game (I just stated my flaws)and that's understandable, but for what it is, came pretty close. My original score is 9.6/10, but since this STUPID thing doesn't have midpoints, I'll be nice and give it a perfect 10.
  39. May 18, 2013
    One of the best games of all time. The soundtrack is amazing, the graphics are impressive, the fun is big, originality is huge and the controls are perfect.
  40. Jun 5, 2013
    Finally, a mario game that actually tries to be a little different! I like it when a franchise tries to be original, and this definitely helps. The mario franchise has been a hit 'n miss since 'Sunshine' but mario galaxy might just be the game that brings the franchise back up!
  41. Jun 29, 2013
    Mario games are truly one of a kind. With amazing atmosphere and a very fun platforming game play, like all the other Mario games, Mario galaxy has done it again.
  42. Jun 20, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game, with fun new characters, exciting worlds, cool power-ups, and an amazing soundtrack, however, one thing I would love to see change is there be difficulty settings(If there are any, I could not see them), as I feel that some of the levels might be a bit too hard for someone who is not the best gamer or for someone who is a little kid. However, it doesSuper Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game, with fun new characters, exciting worlds, cool power-ups, and an amazing soundtrack, however, one thing I would love to see change is there be difficulty settings(If there are any, I could not see them), as I feel that some of the levels might be a bit too hard for someone who is not the best gamer or for someone who is a little kid. However, it does offer quite a bit for those who can only complete half of the galaxies, so, even if you aren't a great gamer and might have trouble with certain levels, it's still a game I recommend. Expand
  43. Mar 12, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy came out in 2007. To this day, I still am playing this game. As a Mario fan, this game took what I love and made it better. A great game that to this day, still holds its value! 8/10
  44. Jan 2, 2014
    Probably one of the most imaginative and well designed games I have ever played, seemingly designed for children, but more than just a little fitting for anyone more mature. This game offers fantastic platforming segments, as well as interesting level design and a touching story on the side.

The main story is, of course, rather more of the same; princess gets kidnapped, Mario goes to rescue her. But what sets this game apart from the others lies in the game mechanics; it sees you jumping from planet to planet, gathering star bits (seemingly the currency in the game) and navigating elaborate obstacles and challenges. This game is more than just jumping and dodging; some involve clever tactics, others require you to search the environment for clues.

This game is also far from small; you must gather around 200 stars to fully accomplish the game, and not all of those will come easy to you, as is obvious in Mario galaxy's almost punishing bonus challenges, which appear in the form of "prankster comets". These offer special challenges to levels you have previously completed, such as only being able to take one hit of damage, or racing against time. Difficult, but certainly a welcome challenge.

Overall, fantastic, very nearly flawless game. It is well deserving of a perfect score, and of all the great scores it seems to have attained from official critics. Nintendo does it again.
  45. Dec 19, 2015
    The people who say this game is horrible are insane.This game remains one of the best wii games on the "planet".Get it?Planet?Because the game takes place in the galaxy?Yeah your right i suck at puns.
  46. AnonymousMC
    Apr 1, 2008
    The only thing stopping this game getting 10 is the fact that once you've got the 120 stars and completed it, you unlock luigi, you then have to do it all over again. I don't think i can justify playing a whole game through again. That said, this has to be the best game ever, quite simply, if you own a wii you MUST buy this game!
  47. AnonymousMC
    Jul 1, 2009
    Just Brilliant! I have to admit i first thought this game sucked as hell and they raped Mario because they tooked all of his atacks away , the only thing you can do is spin around and my first thought of the music was just BAH and putted it so quick as possible out. And i played super mario 64 and Super mario sunshine(And found all of his stars in both games, yeah!) where you have lots ofJust Brilliant! I have to admit i first thought this game sucked as hell and they raped Mario because they tooked all of his atacks away , the only thing you can do is spin around and my first thought of the music was just BAH and putted it so quick as possible out. And i played super mario 64 and Super mario sunshine(And found all of his stars in both games, yeah!) where you have lots of attacks and further so you can understand my reaction about this change.. But then i picked it up again and play it further and further and when you get used to the sound it sounds pretty well though. And the game itself is also a much better then my first impression, you have maybe less attacks but sooo more power ups those who are so much fun by the way. And i'm happy that the controls are the same or even better then the other mario games, it's just so much fun to jump around with mario and explore each galaxy! And then the special remote not to forget, it's veeeery handy and well done and a nice adjective to the game. Whole the game together it's just again a very nice Mario game and to my opnion, those are the best games! So i've got a new favorite game<3 Expand
  48. AnonymousMC
    Nov 8, 2007
    I've been playing the Japanese version of this, and I think it's one of the best games to be released in a long time. Everything hits the right note, the music is triumphant, the graphics are lovely and the gameplay is better than Mario's other 3D outings.
    I can't fault this game.
  49. AnonymousMC
    Oct 1, 2009
    hands down the best f***ing game i have ever played. unreal how awesome this game is. wow. if you pass on buying this game, kick your own ass. there is not a single flaw other than my 6 yearold is so addicted to it, i think we may have to buy an extra wii.
  50. AnonymousMC
    Nov 27, 2007
    This game is the most pure fun experience ever. It will make you never want to go back to playing a violent FPS ever, and will make you never want to play a game which is not as high quality as it,. The only bad thing about it is the lifespan. I've played it for 4 hours and have already got 19 of the 120 power stars. BEST GAME EVER.
  51. AnonymousMC
    Nov 4, 2007
    Yet another Mario game that doesn't just ride the franchise name to the status of a "classic" but earns it with great gameplay that will leave anyone & everyone smiling, and thats just by watching it in action. Just wait till you get a chance to play for yourself.
  52. ShaneK.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Loved it! I was very disappointed with Sunshine but makes up for more of it. Although, the only flaw is it's difficulty. It's very easy and has little replay value. A solid 9!
  53. RaquelM.
    Jan 7, 2008
    One of the games who shows that creativity, innocence, and originality, can be unlimited when it comes to innovating the universe of gaming.Not universe... galaxy ! A true masterpiece, that reminds you of the old times, but doesn't forget to give you a diferent and completely new view of an epic and remarkable game, called "Super Mario 64".
  54. DaveC.
    Feb 17, 2008
    From the start to the end there is never a dull moment in the game. Any one who has beaten the game will know that you get plenty of Mario and Luigi action. There are a lot of games that try to add replay value. They try to give the game more length by adding bonus items and other useless things you must accomplish. With Super Mario Galaxy that is not the case. You get all 120 stars and From the start to the end there is never a dull moment in the game. Any one who has beaten the game will know that you get plenty of Mario and Luigi action. There are a lot of games that try to add replay value. They try to give the game more length by adding bonus items and other useless things you must accomplish. With Super Mario Galaxy that is not the case. You get all 120 stars and you never get board doing it. Then you unlock Luigi get all the start again and beat the last level. The camera angles were not a problem at all. The controls became second nature and added extra effect to the game. Any body that didn't give this game 100/100/10/10 probably didn't beat the entire game. When I saw i could replay the game with Luigi I thought it would be stupid and pointless. That was not the case. It was a far different experience from Mario which made playing thru the game a second time just as fun as the first. The last bonus level was a good reward too. The only thing bad that comes from this game is I will probably never find a game that can offer as much thrill as this one. Ps. Most Mario games don't have multilayer, and for 5-10 year olds with other siblings it will add something fun for the kid waiting to do. Expand
  55. AnonymousMC
    Feb 2, 2008
    I have no clue why i`ve waited so long befor i bought my wii ... its just so great. Ever since the n64 with mario64, zelda, mario kart, goldeneye007 i`ve rarely had as much fun playing a video game. There are great games for PC that are considerably on the same lvl in terms of awesomeness ( Halflife1+2 / Fallout1+2 just ot name two ), but for SMG absolute happiness comes into it aswell.
  56. WrangeW.
    Feb 20, 2008
    THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED! Mario galaxy is so awesome! it has awsome graphics, great sound, easy controls, and is an extremely fun game! No one will EVER forget Mario Galaxy!
  57. JamieS.
    Feb 3, 2008
    A superb game. A MUST MUST MUST have for all Wii owners. However the swimming controls are a complete joke.
  58. JULIEN.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This game was fantastic, so relieved today to get all 120 starts. I played it with my 10 yr old son, who I had to bribe (in £s) to help me especially, purple coins Toy Town, and the Cosmic levels. My husband did the roller-ball level, and when he had completed it after the millionth try, he came downstairs ashen, with palpitations saying I can't believe it and need a stiff This game was fantastic, so relieved today to get all 120 starts. I played it with my 10 yr old son, who I had to bribe (in £s) to help me especially, purple coins Toy Town, and the Cosmic levels. My husband did the roller-ball level, and when he had completed it after the millionth try, he came downstairs ashen, with palpitations saying I can't believe it and need a stiff drink. Bit sad its finished but I have Luigi now to look forward to, hear we go again!!! he was Expand
  59. RobG
    Mar 14, 2008
    An excellent game inside and out.
  60. JarvisH.
    Mar 2, 2008
    A great game, one of the better games on the wii thus far, but ultimately it gets a bit boring. I think the game was highly overrated and in no way deserved a better score than zelda twilight princess, maybe not even metroid prime 3.
  61. ChrisD.
    Mar 23, 2008
    Someone totally different...Nintendo really shows that they know how to innovate. Even after being in the gaming industry for so many years now they still managed to pop something out that has no equal, and really blows my mind. This game is really hard to describe...it's a platformer just like many Mario games before, but it plays like no other platformer I've seen, and its Someone totally different...Nintendo really shows that they know how to innovate. Even after being in the gaming industry for so many years now they still managed to pop something out that has no equal, and really blows my mind. This game is really hard to describe...it's a platformer just like many Mario games before, but it plays like no other platformer I've seen, and its really really fun. The addition of a co-op play is very ingenious, and adds alot to the fun of playing Galaxy. Expand
  62. MylesS.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Welcome to the future Platform Genre. When it comes to bringing platforming into the next generation, we can always rely on Nintendo's plump Italian plumber. From the opening, I was instantly amused by Mario's drunken little waddle down the street, but instantly stunned by the graphics. Mario has never looked better! The game proceeded to thrill me over and over with the level Welcome to the future Platform Genre. When it comes to bringing platforming into the next generation, we can always rely on Nintendo's plump Italian plumber. From the opening, I was instantly amused by Mario's drunken little waddle down the street, but instantly stunned by the graphics. Mario has never looked better! The game proceeded to thrill me over and over with the level variety and amazing orchestral score. As I got further into the game, I had many underlying fears. Would the game play die down? Would the ending suck? Let's just say that when I finished the game, my fears blew out the window. The action is relayed to you from beginning to end. Is it without flaws? Of course not. I feel like I'm the millionth parroteer of the fact that the camera angles are dodgy at times. I found the game horrendously frustrating at some points. For instance, the lack of quick save functions in challenges means that you must start again, no matter how close you got to the end before that minor mishap. Also Surfing is downright insane. I took all this with good grace. What I called Expand
  63. JustinM.
    Apr 25, 2008
    Fantastic game! Only thing keeping it from a perfect score is the POV can mess you up sometimes. Plus the 3D isn't all it could be. Sometimes hard to tell what's near and what's far away. Minor stuff really, though.
  64. JoeJ
    Apr 28, 2008
    Sorry people, but to all the naysayers who don't give this a 10, they clearly don't realize just how difficult it is to create a masterpiece like Galaxy. This is why Big N is still king.
  65. JoeL.
    Apr 30, 2008
    The game has some new things that will keep you interested for a couple hours or so, but it is a kids game. I liked it but can only handle one level or so and then I am bored and go back to my Xbox 360.
  66. AdamT.
    Apr 4, 2008
    An absolute must have game. Utter genius in every respect and I find it hard to think of anything that I could have improved on. You will not regret buying this game (unless you don't own a Wii). I hope Nintendo see fit to bring out an expansion because I for one would buy it.
  67. CalvinC.
    May 1, 2008
    I understand that many people believe that this game only got high scores because it's a Mario game. They are only looking at the outside, and don't deserve to play great games. This game could have had Bubsy in it, and it STILL would have kicked ass. The innovation, controls, and execution are near flawless. However, the flaws (lack of camera control, very easy, dull co-op) are I understand that many people believe that this game only got high scores because it's a Mario game. They are only looking at the outside, and don't deserve to play great games. This game could have had Bubsy in it, and it STILL would have kicked ass. The innovation, controls, and execution are near flawless. However, the flaws (lack of camera control, very easy, dull co-op) are just nit-picking issues. In short, this game is FUN. Remember that? F-U-N? What games used to be before they became akin to a second job? Expand
  68. DougL
    May 23, 2008
    Mario and platformer fans alike I say unto you "WAAAA-HOO!". Best game of it's type hands down.
  69. VelimirS.
    Jun 11, 2008
    Simply put it's by far the Best video game ever. Ever.
  70. JacoH.
    Jun 5, 2008
    I agree with Calvin C. Gaming is about F-U-N, and this game is the ultimate fun game. Brilliant!
  71. totlmstr
    Jul 3, 2008
    I have to admit: it is a pretty game. In fact, I thought it was going to be another Mario adventure (Sunshine was a disappointment, so I thought this was going to be a letdown), but I was wrong. Believe it or not, I finished the first story (there's two, if you didn't know, and there are 242 Stars total!) in four days at 10 hours/day. Plainly addicted to it. To sum up quickly, I I have to admit: it is a pretty game. In fact, I thought it was going to be another Mario adventure (Sunshine was a disappointment, so I thought this was going to be a letdown), but I was wrong. Believe it or not, I finished the first story (there's two, if you didn't know, and there are 242 Stars total!) in four days at 10 hours/day. Plainly addicted to it. To sum up quickly, I loved the Bowser battles and most of the galaxies (loved Toy Time Galaxy and the Battlefield Galaxies), but they ended up being a bit on the easy side (fluctuates; sometimes too easy, sometimes god-awful hard. Go to the Green Star Galaxy and you'll be pushing yourself to max.). Still, the game looks good and plays great on Multi-Star mode. It is awesome. Oh, and if you're one of the guys who didn't play to the last level, or if you didn't like the last level, then you're stupid not to. Expand
  72. Tina
    Aug 9, 2008
    Very simple to complete and the randomness of the extra starts you are able to maintain was just frustrating cause the comet would disappear if you dont get into it right away and the 100 coins is such a downer especially when you are near 99 or 98 coins and you die... Fun and worthwhile but probably a game I could play once after I beat it which was like a day or 2
  73. RhodyT.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Seriously one of the greatest games ever made. There are no serious flaws. It's easy enough to get through without much difficulty, but if you want to do everything, there are some really tough challenges for those of us who like them. The graphics are gorgeous, the level design is second to none, the music is fully orchestrated and absolutely epic. Everyone needs to play this game. Seriously one of the greatest games ever made. There are no serious flaws. It's easy enough to get through without much difficulty, but if you want to do everything, there are some really tough challenges for those of us who like them. The graphics are gorgeous, the level design is second to none, the music is fully orchestrated and absolutely epic. Everyone needs to play this game. Mario's still got it after all these years. Back and better than ever. Expand
  74. PatrickP
    Oct 3, 2009
    There will likely never be another Wii game that will come close to the sheer amount quality, polish, and brilliance of Super Mario Galaxy. With nearly flawless controls, excellent design work, a superb soundtrack, and the most incredible graphics you'll find on the system, this is as close to perfect as games come.
  75. Ian
    Feb 20, 2009
    Stunning stage design, clever enough to keep you constantly on guard, and fast paced enough to hold your attention through the duration of the game - and beyond. Not only are the stages beautifully crafted and the musical score a sterling compliment to the visual, but the originality of the objectives and tasks will never fail to please your sense of accomplishment. This is, by all means, Stunning stage design, clever enough to keep you constantly on guard, and fast paced enough to hold your attention through the duration of the game - and beyond. Not only are the stages beautifully crafted and the musical score a sterling compliment to the visual, but the originality of the objectives and tasks will never fail to please your sense of accomplishment. This is, by all means, the best you can take from a video game, period. Expand
  76. AnonymousMC
    Mar 9, 2009
    This is an awesome family game. My eight year old and I enjoy it tremendously. I would like to know what these "gamers" expect from a Mario platform game. Of course it's been made for children! Duh...go back to your blood and guts games. Don't give it a zero simply because it's a family game.
  77. DaveB
    Apr 16, 2009
    This has to be one of the best Mario games I've ever played. I've played Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Brothers (the original). In my opinion, this is, undoubtable, the best three dimensional Super Mario game ever released. It's just that much fun to play for me. It feels fresh, new, and has amazing Wii This has to be one of the best Mario games I've ever played. I've played Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Brothers (the original). In my opinion, this is, undoubtable, the best three dimensional Super Mario game ever released. It's just that much fun to play for me. It feels fresh, new, and has amazing Wii Remote controls that I feel are a perfect fit for making the player feel more like they are in space with Mario. As for the story, I find the true story in the game to be amazingly deep. The true story, in my opinion, is the story Rosalina tells the player (if they so choose, that is). I must say that I was close to shedding a tear after I read it. Very deep and a welcome addition to not just the Mario game, but to any game released after this. Having an optional story would satisfy two crowds at once. You can satisfy the players that just want to play a game with no regard for who someone is or why they are there and you can satisfy the gamer that is deep into storyline knowledge. It's a win-win situation. The visuals are astounding. This is such a beautiful game that uses many colors from the color wheel that get neglected so much in more "epic" games. It's so inviting and engaging that, at times, I would take around 3 seconds to just stand and look around in first person view. The soundtrack is, probably, the best soundtrack I've heard this generation of video games. Astounding renditions of the memorable and classic Super Mario tunes fans know and love are fantastically coupled with the ear-candy that is the Good Egg Galaxy and the Gusty Garden Galaxy tunes. At times, I even considered buying the soundtrack to this game! If I could rate this game higher than a 10, I'd do it. This is, in my opinion, the best Super Mario game ever created. Nintendo Tokyo and Shigeru Miyamoto should be proud of themselves for making the most memorable experience a Wii owner will have. Just be sure to not try to speedrun through the game. The game will lose it's spark and the player will miss out on a fantastic experience. Try to stop every enemies' head, collect as many coins and star bits as you can, and make sure that you play with the gravity in the game whenever you can. The physics are very well done. Expand
  78. ArjendeH
    Apr 3, 2009
    Super Mario Galaxy delivers an astonishing game that is virtually flawless in every observable way. Incredible graphics and beautiful music are just the icing on top of this marvelous cake of glorious platforming gameplay. With the best among old and new ideas combined, how can you not agree that this is the best game the market has seen for a long time?
  79. AnonymousMC
    Apr 6, 2009
    ANYONE WHO GAVE THIS UNDER AN 8 MUST NOT BE PLAYING THIS GAME!...I was not a fan of Mario 64 and have hesitated for a long time to buy this game - now I can not put it down. This game is incredible! A load of fun! A+++. If you own a Wii and have been hesitant because you did not get into the hype of Mario 64 - Give this a try - even at its worst it is an 8
  80. ElliottW
    Jul 7, 2009
    The real marmite game! I don't think it's the best mario game- the only thing stopping it win that honor is that the whole game is very linear- it's an opposite to 64, in a way. People who moan about the fact there's no story need to remember that Mario games don't NEED a story- it's not an RPG, remember! As Miyamoto himself says, storyline can be a The real marmite game! I don't think it's the best mario game- the only thing stopping it win that honor is that the whole game is very linear- it's an opposite to 64, in a way. People who moan about the fact there's no story need to remember that Mario games don't NEED a story- it's not an RPG, remember! As Miyamoto himself says, storyline can be a distraction. But the bottom line is, if you like Mario games, get this game. If you like platformers, get this game. If you are into shooters, don't bother- you won't be able to appreciate it. Don't let the other reviewers change your mind! (COUGH, Obvious PS3 fanboys, COUGH) Kidding! Expand
  81. FélixD
    Aug 28, 2009
    I'm gonna tell you this right now; everyone who gives a note that is less than 8/10 should not be playing video games, because they don't play games for fun. You see, Super Mario Galaxy is a Mario game. Mario games are made to be fun, and this one sets the proportions of fun to a whole new level. Let's just start off with the gameplay; Being the best feature of Super Mario I'm gonna tell you this right now; everyone who gives a note that is less than 8/10 should not be playing video games, because they don't play games for fun. You see, Super Mario Galaxy is a Mario game. Mario games are made to be fun, and this one sets the proportions of fun to a whole new level. Let's just start off with the gameplay; Being the best feature of Super Mario Galaxy, it shows simple, yet perfectly responsitive controls. There are even hidden moves which can be useful for the hardcore players out there. Then, there's the graphics, which are absolutely insane beyond belief. I never expected a Mario game to look so good AND have a perfect, 60 frame per second graphical orgasm for the Wii. What about the music? A perfect balance between completely new orchestrated songs and old-school synthetised remixes of old Mario songs. Let's not forget the 120 stars to collect with Mario, THEN the same 120 stars to collect again, but this time with Luigi, which makes the game harder as he slides easily if you let him go. Bottom line, Super Mario Galaxy is the perfect Mario game, and in my oppinion, no other game can produce as much emotion and epicness as this game. Expand
  82. JordanG
    Sep 21, 2009
    This game blew me away from start to finish. It's original and unique, easy to pick up but can be played for hours on end. It is the perfect balance of Mario style platforming combined with buckets full of new gameplay elements. Possibly the greatest Mario game ever. Even if it wasn't the first ever 3D Mario game, a factor that caused many a gamer to shiver in abslute joy, it This game blew me away from start to finish. It's original and unique, easy to pick up but can be played for hours on end. It is the perfect balance of Mario style platforming combined with buckets full of new gameplay elements. Possibly the greatest Mario game ever. Even if it wasn't the first ever 3D Mario game, a factor that caused many a gamer to shiver in abslute joy, it had an impact on me unlike any other game. Best game on Wii? Yes. Expand
  83. AnonymousMC
    Nov 13, 2007
    A pure Masterpiece. Nintendo FTW.
  84. TonyS.
    Nov 14, 2007
    This game is perfect, and the game we've all been waiting for! Masterpiece, and definitely not only the game of the year, but best game in many years! Get it NOW!
  85. DiegoM.
    Nov 14, 2007
    An absolute masterpiece. The level desing and art direction of this game are unmatched, fantastic visuals. Beautiful orchestrated music, and superb gameplay make from Mario Galaxy the best game of this decade in my humble opinion.
  86. ChrisA.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Truly the best Mario game ever, and also a game that will go down in history as one of the best games ever made - like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Brothers 3 before it. There simply are no flaws with this game, if you like Mario: you will love this game; if you love Mario, then this game is your nirvana.
  87. SAmuelM.
    Nov 14, 2007
    The ONLY two things wrong with this game are: 1> You can't control the camera very well 2> See number 1.
  88. DanA.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I had been hyped for this game since day one. The best part about it is that no amount of hype can do it justice. This has exceeded my expectations for a Wii game, a Mario game, a 3D Platformer, and so much more. Super Mario Galaxy is by far the best game this year, superior to even God of War 2, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4. It never fails to impress, and even with minor camera I had been hyped for this game since day one. The best part about it is that no amount of hype can do it justice. This has exceeded my expectations for a Wii game, a Mario game, a 3D Platformer, and so much more. Super Mario Galaxy is by far the best game this year, superior to even God of War 2, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4. It never fails to impress, and even with minor camera flaws and a lack of an original story, it's as close to perfect as a game has been in a long time. Expand
  89. AlexD.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This is the reason to own a Wii, best game this decade.
  90. Caitiexobc8ox
    Nov 16, 2007
    This game was the best out of all the games I own for Wii. It's great graphics and exciting settings don't make you sick of it in an hour and makes Mario look like a whole new player.
  91. AndreaC.
    Nov 16, 2007
    The best game of the year, without a doubt. Visionary, new, fresh. I love it.
  92. KevinG.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Debate will continue to rage over whether or not this game is "one of the best of all time" and worthy of some of the more extreme ratings out there (one prominent reviewer gave it an 11 out of 10). Having played the game, I must admit that it's one of the more fun and exciting experiences I've had in gaming in years. The variety of things to do and the execution in which Debate will continue to rage over whether or not this game is "one of the best of all time" and worthy of some of the more extreme ratings out there (one prominent reviewer gave it an 11 out of 10). Having played the game, I must admit that it's one of the more fun and exciting experiences I've had in gaming in years. The variety of things to do and the execution in which it's handled is impeccable. The music is playing in my head 24 hours a day, and the graphics are very, very good. I think what is causing many of the super-high reviews though, isn't so much the quality of the game but the fact that it reminds people of Super Mario 64. This is a game that people have wanted a proper sequel to for years, and other than the good-but-different Mario Sunshine, we haven't had a new 3-D mario game that could compare to the N64 original. I think a lot of these reviews are based in nostalgia more than anything else. Not that there's really anything wrong with that. Mario Galaxy is without a doubt a fantastic game, whether or not it deserves 11 points out of ten. Expand
  93. AnonymousMC
    Nov 17, 2007
    Es realemente emocionante y unico, la experiencia que siente saltar de planeta en planeta, la movilidad, los colores y mario son fantasticos, y realmente en todo el juego siempre hay algo nuevo... cada galaxia es diferente y por cada una un poder diferente. realmente asombroso! no es el juego del año, es el juego de 10 años
  94. JorgeC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    I believe this is the overall the best Wii game out there in the market. Intense graphics compare to sunshine and other previous mario games. Same characters and same storyline doesn't ever get boring. I give this game a 10 beyond the galaxy.
  95. VN
    Nov 17, 2007
    Mesmerising experience from the off. It blew me away straight away. And the sound is emphatic. Plus its not another first person shooter...
  96. DRaGMaReC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Es el mejor juego de Mario que se ha creado, en el catálogo de Wii solo es superado por Zelda Twilight Princess, un poco sencillo al principio pero conseguir las 120 estrellas no es tarea facil.
  97. TerranS.
    Nov 18, 2007
    The best platformer I have ever played- and that includes Mario 64. Galaxy does an excellent job of combining problem solving with skill, with a pace that calls on the player to constantly evaluate both. Its colorful visuals make excellent use of the Wii's graphical capabilities, and appeal to all ages of gamers. The audio can be a bit "kiddish" at times, but it's never The best platformer I have ever played- and that includes Mario 64. Galaxy does an excellent job of combining problem solving with skill, with a pace that calls on the player to constantly evaluate both. Its colorful visuals make excellent use of the Wii's graphical capabilities, and appeal to all ages of gamers. The audio can be a bit "kiddish" at times, but it's never overwhelming, and the excellent gameplay and graphics more than make up for that negligible "lapse". The only other complaint is the camera, but I haven't played a 3D platformer yet where I have not had some complaint about the camera, and overall Galaxy's works to strengthen the game's immersion factor, making it a little more acceptable. Overall, Galaxy offers the best platforming experience around, and the Wii only complements the experience with its spot-on controls (even Ray Surfing feels amazing) and upgraded graphics (I have yet to encounter a point in Mario Galaxy where I cared that the Wii has "inferior" graphics, because the graphical design in Mario Galaxy more than makes up for its technical "inferiority"). Expand
  98. Mario
    Nov 19, 2007
    First of all, I laugh at "Dante Peaks" pitiful effort at trying to make this game look bad. He is obviously a stupid PS3 or Xbox360 fanboy that hasn't even played the game and just wants to lower the score. He gave it a score of 1/10. Give me a break you idiot! This game is an absolute masterpiece. Easily the best game on the Wii. Bad camera angles, bad plot and very repetitive says First of all, I laugh at "Dante Peaks" pitiful effort at trying to make this game look bad. He is obviously a stupid PS3 or Xbox360 fanboy that hasn't even played the game and just wants to lower the score. He gave it a score of 1/10. Give me a break you idiot! This game is an absolute masterpiece. Easily the best game on the Wii. Bad camera angles, bad plot and very repetitive says Dante Peaks? Absolutely not. Graphics, sound/music, gameplay is absolutely amazing. If you have a Wii but not this game, go and get it! This game will go down in history as a very important and remarkable mario game just as Mario 64 did before it. Expand
  99. BrandonJ.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I feel like a child again. That is the best feeling anyone can ever get from a game. No other game has did this to me since... I was a kid. The music is breathtaking at some parts, like fighting Bowser, and the gameplay is amazing. It does take a little time to get used to, but when you do, you will be playing the best game on Wii, if not, one of the best games ever.
  100. JeremyJ.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Reaffirms my faith in Nintendo's ability to make games of more quality and freshness than any other company. The game is, in a word (a very un-Mario word): epic. The only complaint I might have had was "too easy"...but if you think about it...how many people got to experience getting all 120 shines in Super Mario Sunshine, the exponentially harder 3D Mario game? I myself never Reaffirms my faith in Nintendo's ability to make games of more quality and freshness than any other company. The game is, in a word (a very un-Mario word): epic. The only complaint I might have had was "too easy"...but if you think about it...how many people got to experience getting all 120 shines in Super Mario Sunshine, the exponentially harder 3D Mario game? I myself never acheived that rating until Galaxy came along, and it's a great feeling. Besides, there's always that "little extra something" for getting all 120 stars that makes the game slightly more difficult asecond time around. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.