Super Mario Galaxy Wii

9.0

1. AnonymousMC
    Nov 19, 2007
    This game is light years above most games, it's too bad fan boys of other systems are so determined to bash it ( and anything NINTENDO). Grow up if it wasn't for Nintendo we might not be playing videogames at all! Before you bash a game try playing it, of course if you can only enjoy a game with tons of violence, blood and guts, and no imagination this will probably neverThis game is light years above most games, it's too bad fan boys of other systems are so determined to bash it ( and anything NINTENDO). Grow up if it wasn't for Nintendo we might not be playing videogames at all! Before you bash a game try playing it, of course if you can only enjoy a game with tons of violence, blood and guts, and no imagination this will probably never happen. Sorry your system of choice is getting whipped . Expand
  2. JohnM.
    Nov 21, 2007
    What more can you ask for? A unique experience, a new way to play, and it's Mario. Mario. That's all you need to make a game good. Mario. And when he's on a platformer, an even more awesome one like this, ya. Love the gravity and spherical platforms AKA planets. So, ya, it's Nintendo. Nintendo and Mario, and you know it's a good game.
  3. DesmondH.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Best Wii game out. Also, it dosn't copy R&C because of the round level or in every way ( not even close to every way). The game isn't just good because Mario is the main character either.
  4. JohnB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The lacklustre story line stops it from being one of the best games ever. The graphics are sublime and the fluid motions and the duration of the game make this a must-buy title.
  5. DustinM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Brilliantly designed and executed.
  6. MJ
    Nov 20, 2007
    Simply Brilliant. Listing the vitues of this game would take pages. Simply said, it is a masterpiece. In my opinion, the best game Nintendo has ever produced- and dare I say it- my personal candidate for the best game of all time.
  7. WayneW.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Great game. Quality title. But it's just TOO damn easy! Even the hard stuff is easy!
  8. MikeB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The reviews are right on. There is nothing to not love. Even the tough camera at times is acceptable based on the amazing graphics, and gameplay. This is a must buy!
  9. GregW.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Miyamoto once again proves that gameplay is king. This game is fun in its purest form, players will experience a truly magical feeling that is rarely felt in gaming.
  10. EttörillöB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Absolutly perfect game!!! I've finished it today ... not with the 121 star (thanx god, cuzz i'd like it were eternal) and i believe it is one of the 'prettiest' games i've ever played( & i'm a 5 gen player). Visuals, controls, scene design & the unbeliaveble music makes this game one of those you will remember for the rest of your life.
  11. BryanS.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Everything about this game is a wonder to behold! Visuals are stunning, soundtrack is beautiful, controls are fluid and its very accessible to gamers young and old.
  12. DanielV.
    Nov 25, 2007
    The visual quality is terrific for a Wii game, and the physics are really crazy-like, i was amazed at the gameplay. MUSTbuy!
  13. ColinW.
    Nov 25, 2007
    As i dreadfully trudge through th mediocre pile of games that have been released for my beloved console. My usual fan boyish attitude towards anything coming out for my wii. But my wii's soul has been re-engulfed in a flame that may be brighter than Zelda TP. It is definitly a must buy. I would almost say it's worth buying a wii for. Top of my list of game of year. Just above As i dreadfully trudge through th mediocre pile of games that have been released for my beloved console. My usual fan boyish attitude towards anything coming out for my wii. But my wii's soul has been re-engulfed in a flame that may be brighter than Zelda TP. It is definitly a must buy. I would almost say it's worth buying a wii for. Top of my list of game of year. Just above Orange Box. Expand
  14. GhostReviewer
    Nov 26, 2007
    Simply put, this is the best wii game released so far. The challenge is satisfying, the music is addictive, and the graphics and art style are beautiful. The Gameplay, however, is the real highlight of the game. They are without a doubt the most responsive controls of the system. They feel natural but not overused or gimicky. Super Mario Galaxy is definately a contender for game of the year.
  15. MatthewM.
    Nov 27, 2007
    A truly amazing game, loved every second of it! If you have a Wii, get this game NOW! the graphich are amazing, and the gameplay follows suit,not to mention one of the MOST addicting game I have ever played. BUY IT NOW!
  16. RCR
    Nov 27, 2007
    Unbelievably fun and engrossing 3D level design and gameplay. Fun, fun, fun.
  17. DonC.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Most innovative and original Mario to date. Drop your Halo 3 paddles and try out this real game, find out why the hype for other games is just stupid and also why graphics don't matter.
  18. MoP.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Having played hundreds of games in the last 30 years of gaming, starting with pong. I can honestly say this has been the most fun. Even cured my jaded middle aged palate. Thank god for Nintendo.
  19. ClintonB.
    Nov 29, 2007
    This game might just be better than Super Mario Bros. 3 which I previously though at the best game ever made. The new "suit varieties and amazing level design bring this game back to the same standard that Mario 3 set for video games in general.
  20. DanielR.
    Nov 29, 2007
    This is the best game ever, even better than Super Mario 64. Graphical perfection. Musical perfection. Gameplay perfection. Lasting perfection. Overall perfection. God.
  21. SteveJ.
    Dec 13, 2007
    This is an amazing game by all accounts. The controls feel fantastic, the Wii remote bringing something new to the table and still not feeling gimickey. The stages are all unique, and you don't have to spend too long in any one place. The graphics are tied with Metroid Prime 3 for best on the system. There are a few small downfalls, though: occasionally, though rarely, the This is an amazing game by all accounts. The controls feel fantastic, the Wii remote bringing something new to the table and still not feeling gimickey. The stages are all unique, and you don't have to spend too long in any one place. The graphics are tied with Metroid Prime 3 for best on the system. There are a few small downfalls, though: occasionally, though rarely, the upside-down platforming feels awkward, and some of the suits felt strange to use. Otherwise, though, Nintendo has blown my mind. This is one of the most fun games I have ever played. Expand
  22. AnonymousMC
    Dec 13, 2007
    This game was good and it was addicting to play. I give it an 8 the graphics are good-especiallyfor the wii and the gameplay is sweet. Let's face it though it ain't no halo and i am a halofanboy. Because i am a halofanboy can you guys plz not cus at me....
  23. DevinH.
    Dec 16, 2007
    If I was a game reviewer, I would give this game an 11 out of 10 instead of a 10 out of 10 and risk getting fired because this game is better than almost anything I've played in years and certainly superior to 99% of the stuff that they review. However I get to play whatever game I feel like playing and therefore I am going to have to be a bit harsh and give this game a 9. There are If I was a game reviewer, I would give this game an 11 out of 10 instead of a 10 out of 10 and risk getting fired because this game is better than almost anything I've played in years and certainly superior to 99% of the stuff that they review. However I get to play whatever game I feel like playing and therefore I am going to have to be a bit harsh and give this game a 9. There are four things that irritated me about this game with the last one dragging the game from a 9.5 to a 9 in my opinion. 1) The Pull Stars. 2) Lack of Control over camera angles. 3) Having to do the same exact Bowser stage again to complete the game once you obtain 120 stars. 4) Doing the purple coin challenge in the desert level. I know it sounds crazy for 1 star challenge to change your overall assessment of Mario Galaxt by a lot but hear me out. It took me around 60 tries to get the star in the desert purple coin challenge. The three coins that are on top of the Thomp's Head is an extreme and almost impossible pain in the arse to get. Everytime I couldn't get on the Thomp's head after a couple of tries, I had to try the challenge all over again because otherwise 25 years later, you would still be unsuccessfully trying to get the 3 coins since the tornado seemed to position itself in a certain place to keep you from landing on the stone's head after a few attempts. If by some miracle you land on the stone's head and get the three coins, you still have to deal with the extremely unforgiving skinny platforms, regenerating skeleton koopas, and coins hovering high in the air in the middle of nowhere with one tiny mistake sending you to your instant death in the quickstand and having to do the whole coin challenge all over again. Other than these four annoyances, this game is the most amazing video game on this galaxy that was made since 1996 and should not be missed by any gamer regardless of the kinds of games you usually play unless you just like either extremely violent or sports games. Expand
  24. LTB.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Beautiful music played, Creative worlds made. A better game, will I find? SMG you blew my mind. The magic of it can bring out a tear. This deserved Best Wii Game of the year.
  25. JakeH.
    Dec 24, 2007
    Super Mario Galaxy is in my top 3 games I have ever played. When I first heard about another Mario game, I had my doubts. I thought it would be like Super Mario Sunshine and I would get bored with it. I was wrong... big time! Super Mario Galaxy has the basic Mario storyline with Peach being kiddnaped by Bowser and Mario saving Peach. But now Nintendo threw in a new person. Rosalina. Rosy Super Mario Galaxy is in my top 3 games I have ever played. When I first heard about another Mario game, I had my doubts. I thought it would be like Super Mario Sunshine and I would get bored with it. I was wrong... big time! Super Mario Galaxy has the basic Mario storyline with Peach being kiddnaped by Bowser and Mario saving Peach. But now Nintendo threw in a new person. Rosalina. Rosy is like the fairy of the star observatory. She needs all the stars and grand stars you collect from missions to power the observatory and save Peach. Now for gameplay. The gravity in this game is superb. It will really help you travel around the galaxy. You use the Nunchuck to move and the remote to attack, jump and fire star bits you find. The star bits are everywhere. They are easy to collect. All you have to do is aim with the remote and you have some star bits. They can be fired at some enimies to stun them so you can hit them. The only thing I don't like about Super Mario Galaxy is that you can't really focus the camera. You don't have to because the camera follows nicely, but in some spots, you wish you could control the camera. My other complaint is how you swim underwater. It's hard to control and easy to get lost. All in all, Super Mario Galaxy is the best game for the Wii. Expand
  26. UweP.
    Dec 30, 2007
    Having completed the game 100 % with both Mario and Luigi now, I can definitely say that this is the best 3D platformer ever made. Contrary to both Mario 64 and Sunshine, which both featured large and somewhat empty levels, Galaxy is just a no-nonsense, superb compilation of compact levels (well, galaxies) filled to the brim with great ideas and the most satisfying, pure platforming imaginable.
  27. EricG.
    Dec 31, 2007
    Wow, superbly entertaining and just creative as can be. Everything is very beautiful and just fun and addicting to play. I can't wait until the next one to come out.
  28. JoeA.
    Dec 30, 2007
    I'd actually rather give this game a 9.5 out of 10, but I'll just have to round up for metacritic. Incredible graphics for an outdated console, classic and refined gameplay, and music that's surprisingly robust for a Mario game. My only complaint are the rare instances the camera can't find you and the moments where going upside-down forces you to switch your I'd actually rather give this game a 9.5 out of 10, but I'll just have to round up for metacritic. Incredible graphics for an outdated console, classic and refined gameplay, and music that's surprisingly robust for a Mario game. My only complaint are the rare instances the camera can't find you and the moments where going upside-down forces you to switch your movements. The game does this silhouette thing with Mario if the camera gets stuck behind something, but in some worlds, like water ones, it's just not good enough. Also, there are some sections where you get no control over the camera where control would have been most helpful. These problems, however, absolutely do not hinder the experience. Nintendo has once again refined and reinvented the platformer, giving us a better 3D Mario than Mario 64, and possibly the best Mario since Super Mario Bros. 3. Expand
  29. Mattyouwouldliketoknow
    Dec 4, 2007
    Don't listen to Dionysus J. he doesn't know what he's talking about. It looks way different than Super Mario Sunshine and looks way different than Mario 64. Galaxy has a style of its own. I strongly recommend this game.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Nov 29, 2008
    Extremely over-rated. It's by no means a bad game, but this game just bored me a little. Not sure why, it was all a little bit... un inspired. But it's still a great mario game, with lovely music and graphics, but I find Super Mario 64 DS far more enjoyable than this.
  31. EricA.
    Jan 18, 2008
    This game is so different and unique. Once you beat the game as Mario you have the option to continue playing a lot of the same levels over again but with various "comet" challenges such as enemies moving twice as fast, or you only have one health, or you have to finish the level in a certain time limit. Even after you beat all these levels and beat the game again you unlock Luigi as a This game is so different and unique. Once you beat the game as Mario you have the option to continue playing a lot of the same levels over again but with various "comet" challenges such as enemies moving twice as fast, or you only have one health, or you have to finish the level in a certain time limit. Even after you beat all these levels and beat the game again you unlock Luigi as a character and can replay the entire game over but with a Luigi that can jump higher and farther but can't stop as quickly. This makes for a more interesting and challenging game play. Expand
  32. BenHewitt
    Jan 19, 2008
    This game is the best single player game i have ever played. I have been playing games since the Amiga 500 i own a ridiculous amount of consoles, console games and PC games. Mario is absolutely stunning. Previous to this my favourite mario game was Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. Don
  33. NickC.
    Oct 19, 2008
    An excellent game, though I think Sunshine was a little more fun. There are many elements to this game however that are quite charming and will keep you coming back for more. As expected of a Mario game, the graphics are top-notch.
    Jan 27, 2008
    I never considered myself a Mario fan until I played this game. I love it so much! The critics are right; I didn't get frustrated when I died. I was excited to try again. Overall, a really fun experience. Anyone with a Wii should go out and bye one! As a hardcore Legend of Zelda fan, it's pretty rare for me to admit that it had more personality and was more fun than some of their games.
  35. AndrewC.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wow...I can't believe how many people are actually complaining about what is possibly the best game Nintendo has ever created. Every element, every little nook and cranny of the game is so polished and awesome. There are so many works of genius here and there, and the levels can be quite challenging. They are fairly short and sweet, but they are longer than those found in Super Mario Wow...I can't believe how many people are actually complaining about what is possibly the best game Nintendo has ever created. Every element, every little nook and cranny of the game is so polished and awesome. There are so many works of genius here and there, and the levels can be quite challenging. They are fairly short and sweet, but they are longer than those found in Super Mario 64 (a vastly overrated, boring platformer by all regards...though notably innovative). This game should not be compared to past Mario games, because frankly it blows them all out of the water. That's all there is to it. This game is all that is keeping me from selling my Wii and going with the Xbox 360, folks. It's AWESOME. Expand
  36. JosiahH.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I loved the game, but it SO didn't deserve a higher score than Zelda.
  37. SaifG.
    Feb 24, 2008
    I played it at my friends house. it was challengin but a lotta fun!!
  38. GioD
    Mar 15, 2008
    Absolutely unbelievable. A fantastic game from beginning to end. Every time i play it i cant help but have a huge smile on my face. The amount of creativity, uniqueness , and originality in each and every level of Super Mario Galaxy is unparalleled. It has NO EQUAL, this is platforming at damn near perfection, and i say that with no disrespect to other platform developers (Insomniac, Absolutely unbelievable. A fantastic game from beginning to end. Every time i play it i cant help but have a huge smile on my face. The amount of creativity, uniqueness , and originality in each and every level of Super Mario Galaxy is unparalleled. It has NO EQUAL, this is platforming at damn near perfection, and i say that with no disrespect to other platform developers (Insomniac, Sucker Punch, etc). One of the greatest games ever made and without a doubt, the best platformer i have ever played. Expand
  39. MatthewB.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Simply put: this is the best Wii game so far. It reminds me of the first mario games: It's simple to play and really just a lot of fun.
  40. BobbyN.
    Mar 31, 2008
    Great game wow ot just blew me away!!!!!
  41. WalterS.
    Apr 29, 2008
    It lives up to its reputation. I won't bore you with the beaten-to-death details, but I just wish every Wii game was as good as Super Mario Sunshine.
  42. JackH.
    May 24, 2008
    The graphics for this game were amazing, and the inclusion of gravity was a great twist. Another great Mario title.
  43. ManoelQ.
    Jun 11, 2008
    "Super Mario Galaxy" confirms why the console was once called Nintendo Revolution. It explores the most the possibilities of the screen in combination with the Wii-Mote. Shigeru Miyamoto really deserves the title of "Master".
  44. superrater
    Nov 4, 2009
    This game is by far the best Mario game for the Wii I have ever played. With nicely polished graphics and superb gameplay Super Mario Galaxy is really a great game. It takes many of the moves from Super Mario 64 and adds it own unique touch to the game with Mario's new star powers. The new levels are awsome too, with many different boss battles near the end of each galaxy. But there This game is by far the best Mario game for the Wii I have ever played. With nicely polished graphics and superb gameplay Super Mario Galaxy is really a great game. It takes many of the moves from Super Mario 64 and adds it own unique touch to the game with Mario's new star powers. The new levels are awsome too, with many different boss battles near the end of each galaxy. But there is just one little downturn. There isn't enough exploration in the space station which you use to fly to other galaxies. Most of marios time is spent flying into galaxies and trying to beat that level and work into the next one. This game would be completely perfect if it would have a little more freedom in it. But other than that this game is by far the best Mario Game yet. Defenitaly worth buying for any Mario fans out there. Expand
  45. ZachL
    Feb 19, 2009
    This is Mario 64 and Sunshine combined into something that is just out of this world. The graphics and sound are so perfect it totally draws me into the game. The gameplay is fun and perfect like Mario 64. This games presentation is outstanding and it wil be remembered for the rest of history. Just about every aspect of this game is perfect and if I had to choose between The Legend of This is Mario 64 and Sunshine combined into something that is just out of this world. The graphics and sound are so perfect it totally draws me into the game. The gameplay is fun and perfect like Mario 64. This games presentation is outstanding and it wil be remembered for the rest of history. Just about every aspect of this game is perfect and if I had to choose between The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Galaxy I would choose SMG as not only my favorite game ever I would say that Super Mario Galaxy is the best video game of all time PERIOD! Expand
  46. MarkF
    Feb 24, 2009
    Don't listen to the idiots who gave this game 1's and 0's. This is a EXCELLENT game. Super Mario Galaxy was named Game of the Year by IGN, GameSpot, Nintendo Power, GameTrailers, Edge and Yahoo! Games. On February 7, 2008, the game received the "Adventure Game of the Year" award from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences at the Interactive Achievement Awards.[40] the Don't listen to the idiots who gave this game 1's and 0's. This is a EXCELLENT game. Super Mario Galaxy was named Game of the Year by IGN, GameSpot, Nintendo Power, GameTrailers, Edge and Yahoo! Games. On February 7, 2008, the game received the "Adventure Game of the Year" award from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences at the Interactive Achievement Awards.[40] the graphics are VERY good and in my personal opinion look equivilant to a mid level 360 game which is a tecnical and artistic feat when you take into consideration the wii's less power. The game runs at 60 frames per second without any dips features normapping bumpmapping and NUMEROUS other special effects. THe game itself is very fun and inspired. the game makes use of gravity in numerous excellent fun ways. Also contrary to what some people who rated this game think. This game gets very challengingin the later levels. For instance,there is a fire level with alot of lava and other things that can hurt you as well as a very challenging boss at the end,and if that wasn't enough in order to get one of the stars in the level you have to complete it WITH ONLY ONE WEDGE OF HEALTH. If you get hurt even once you immediatly fail the level and have to start over from the begining. The maximum amount of health that you can have is one wedge so even if you pick up coins which would usually regain your health you won't get any higher than one wedge. On top of that,once you get all 120 stars (VERY HARD TO DO) you can play the game as luigi WHICH MAKES IT EVEN HARDER as luigi dosn't contol as well as mario. There are five "Prankster Comets" that appear periodically (Speedy, Daredevil, Cosmic, Fast Foe, and Purple). When one of them comes into orbit with a galaxy, a special challenge is initiated that leads to a Power Star. The Speedy Comet challenges the player to replay an episode (usually a slightly more difficult version) within a varying time limit. The Daredevil Comet has the player replay a section of a level while shrinking Mario's maximum health to one unit, meaning that the player must complete the objective without being damaged even once. The Cosmic Comet pits the player in a race against a doppelganger of Mario (or Luigi) to a Power Star. The Fast Foe Comet makes a galaxy's enemies more swift and thus harder to avoid. The Purple Comet, accessible only after completing the story half of the game, allots 100 purple coins (or 150, though only 100 are needed) across an area of the 15 six-star galaxies for the player to collect, sometimes within a time limit the people who say that this game is easy are saying that it is easy becuase they were able to get through the main story while only collecting the minimal amount of stars (only the easy ones). Or they are saying that because it is a popular anti Wii statement and they heven't even played the game. Expand
  47. EmilyJ
    Jul 27, 2009
    Super Mario Galaxy is a very fun game for the Wii, but it does not deserve to be the #1 game. The two player mode is horrible, but Super Mario Galaxy is extremely fun for a single player. The various galaxies are original, though when you get multiple stars in the same galaxy, I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over again. Overall, a very good game.
  48. Themane
    Nov 13, 2007
    Amazing game, unbelieveble gameplay, controls, music, galaxies' and ... everything!!!
  49. DavidG.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Most fun I have had playing a game....ever!
  50. FilazaferX
    Nov 13, 2007
    Got the Super Mario Galaxy game and you can believe the hype. It's great. It's like running around in an M.C. Escher drawing, but with color. I can honestly say I have never played anything like it and that is saying something because I have pretty much played them all.
  51. ScottS.
    Nov 13, 2007
    The best time I have had on a Nintendo System since the NES days. Those were magical days back when I was a kid. Now that I am an adult those same feeling of wonderment and excitement are back as I explore this massive and incredibly beautiful Galaxy! Thanks Nintendo! This is just so awesome! Must buy! Truely epic!
  52. RogerH.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This game is SO much fun! the Wii controls are perfect. This one's a keep-ster.
  53. MichaelK.
    Nov 14, 2007
    An amazing game. finally a game has dethroned metroid prime has the most highly rated game of the 21 century. and its from nintendo.
  54. AngeloC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    A true successor to the epic Mario 64. Enough said. Only down side to the game is that you can pass it with only 60 stars. But if you get all the 120, you get a nice big surprise at the end. Note: I haven't even collected 40 stars yet. I'm weaksauce.
  55. AustinB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    This game has yet to leave my Wii. I am constantly smiling when I play, it is an experience like no other. I don't know how Nintendo will ever make a Mario game any better than this.
  56. AdamO.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Forget Halo 3, Bioshock, HL2: The Orange Box, Mass Effect, COD 4, Crysis, and Assassin's Creed- get ready to experience one of the most brilliant works of art ever made. Mario's back, and he's at the highest limit of gaming quality- again. Mario's in space now, there's no limit, and that alone provides a truly imaginative experience like no other. Galaxy follows Forget Halo 3, Bioshock, HL2: The Orange Box, Mass Effect, COD 4, Crysis, and Assassin's Creed- get ready to experience one of the most brilliant works of art ever made. Mario's back, and he's at the highest limit of gaming quality- again. Mario's in space now, there's no limit, and that alone provides a truly imaginative experience like no other. Galaxy follows all laws of gravity, which results in some masterful gameplay. Controls are simple, using minimal motion support, making it feel much less tacked on than other games (we're looking at you Super Paper Mario), and the camera, while at times a tad bit frustrating, works very well. Of course, a good Mario game has to have good level design to support the gameplay, and Super Mario Galaxy totally owns in this category. The level design surpasses Super Mario 64 in my opinion, with a perfect blend new-school and old-school skills that you'll need. Speaking of old-school, if you were disappointed by Sunshine's presentation (like me), then Galaxy will make you happier than a clown. Also, the production values for Galaxy are outstanding, and not just for a Mario game. Amazing art design, lighting and fur effects, coupled with fully orchestrated music that harks back to the classic melodies, this game has it all. The only negative thing I could say about this game is that you only have 3 HP, making certain levels very frustrating. Other than that, this is absolutely the best game I've played in a very, very, very long time, possibly the best game ever. If this game shows any indication, Mario will be around for many, many more years. Thank you, Nintendo, for giving me an experience like none other. Expand
  57. Michael
    Nov 14, 2007
    Easily the best Wii game to date. With its stunning visuals and fresh gameplay, Mario has again defined the 3D platformer. And the co-op is anything but "tacked-on." I'm looking at you, GameDaily.
  58. AlexR.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Mario 64-2, the true sequel, and while not as groundbreaking, it actually manages to be more fun. Bravo Nintendo, bravo.
  59. SonnyD.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I get the same feeling from playing this as I get when I played Super Mario 64 all those years ago, this game will never die.
  60. JohnL.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Awesome game. I have only one gripe with this game: Yes, unfortunately it does end eventually.
  61. MatthewJ.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I don't like giving tens. A nine is just too low. From the moment you launch the game, it is clear that nothing on the Wii can beat this thing graphically. Yes, that includes Metroid Prime 3. It's hard to compare the two, but fundamentally, SMG takes the taco. The level of detail, smoothness, visual effects, and frame rate should silence a lot of the console's detractors, I don't like giving tens. A nine is just too low. From the moment you launch the game, it is clear that nothing on the Wii can beat this thing graphically. Yes, that includes Metroid Prime 3. It's hard to compare the two, but fundamentally, SMG takes the taco. The level of detail, smoothness, visual effects, and frame rate should silence a lot of the console's detractors, and make a lot of companies look really bad for not delivering better quality in their own games. I suppose there are always those who feel their masculinity is called into question by playing a game whose palette includes colors other than Blood Spray Red, Shrapnel Grey, and Feces-and-Angst Brown ("There are shiny things in it? Why don't you just put me in a rainbow shirt and put on Will and Grace?"); but those who play games for other reasons than comparing testosterone levels will find that this game is just plain good. The worlds are massive, the controls clean and familiar, and the challenges are unlike pretty much anything you've ever experienced before. If you loved Mario 3, if you loved Mario 64, you will love Galaxy. It's got that same feeling of quality, substance, and just all-out fun that both of those games had. It's a great mix of old and new; one which you owe it to yourself to play, and one you will miss playing when you're done. Expand
  62. DanielC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    A mesmerizing experience that in terms of fun alone, elevates itself above some of the best games I have ever played - even (dare i say it?) Ocarina of Time , Nintendo are worthy of all the praise they get. A game made with love and pride even if it is for money too. If it was free too, I'd try my best to give this game an 11 on principal.
  63. DanielP.
    Nov 15, 2007
    A brilliantly designed game. I've never enjoyed myself more--I've never once been disappointed in any aspect--even dying. The controls are tight and intuitive, the level design is top-notch, and the graphics and art-design are superb.
  64. DaveG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    At the risk of making one of those comments that everyone skips over, I'm gonna say that this is one of the best games I've ever played. Get passed the crappy intro and you'll be hooked.
  65. AOlsson
    Nov 16, 2007
    Brilliant! Easily the best game this year. (Not quite as good as Super Mario 64, but VERY close).
  66. MetalianLost
    Nov 16, 2007
    Historic games not appear all days (even, years). King rises again!
  67. BrandonM.
    Nov 17, 2007
    For the first time in months, I've picked up my Wii mote again and begun orchestrating my entertainment one swing at a time. The game works as a platformer wonderfully, the general level design, special levels, new power ups, and challenges, just make you forget your surroundings and love the game.
  68. NickS.
    Nov 17, 2007
    finally another game to justify buying a Wii. Mario's never looked better, gameplay's perfect, and it's a blast to play. This definitely ranks up with 64.
  69. ShawnB.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Total and complete perfection. Platformers simply have never been better than this, and I can't wait until a game finally does... something that is quite possibly impossible.
  70. AnonymousMC
    Nov 18, 2007
    Dante Peaks, I don't know why you even try. You have obviously never even played the game before. It's people like you who ruin the user ratings for games like this. Sometimes it's nice to see other people's opinion on the game excluding the reviewers, but you're just wasting your time and everyone elses.
  71. LiamM.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I agree with the camera comments, some small issues with this. Ignore the supidily low ratings this is the best platform game ever.
  72. MarvinC.
    Nov 18, 2007
    This is the most innovative game of the year, save for Portal, and it's, by far, the most fun I've had on a game yet. It's quite an experience.
  73. Dante'sLame
    Nov 19, 2007
    Good camera angles, good plot, not repetitive, good game. Your biases don't belong here. Even if you don't personally enjoy it, it is of high quality. This game is amazing. Everyone should pick it up.
  74. EvanB.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I have played this game for over 10 hours and have collected over 60 stars, and I have to say that this game is one of the top 3 games I have played of all time (along with Zelda Ocarina of Time and Super Metroid)! I daydream about it all day...it is that good! It is challenging enough for all ages. If you want to get 121 stars, it will be a genuine challenge! Highly recommended.
  75. Brian
    Nov 19, 2007
    This game is truly amazing. Those users who voted in the red have no idea of gaming history, or what it takes for a game to be good. Heck, even the most respected review websites prove them wrong. Don't listen to the Nintendo haters, buy this game. It is worth your time.
  76. CharlesB.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I have never played a game like this before, and Super Mario Galaxy just proves that nobody makes better games than Nintendo. Whose ever idea it was to take Mario into space is a freaking genius. If you call yourself a gamer you need to play this game.
  77. GlenM.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Fantastic game, better then Mario 64, even!
  78. MikeH.
    Nov 21, 2007
    I love this game, good graphics, odd camera angles, but still overall very good
  79. RoryC.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Really enjoyable and a very fun game. I do think it has been overated a little bit however, but certainly is the one of the best graphical displays the wii has produced so far. I'm not the biggest Mario fan so maybe thats why my score is below average but definately worth a rental!
  80. DylanB.
    Nov 22, 2007
    One of the best games I've ever played, and a worthy sequel to Mario 64.
  81. OliverC.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Kind of feel like I need to put my foot down on this one. Yeah the game is beautiful, full of fun content and cool ideas but it is just not more fun than Mario 64. I think the main reason for that is that the game is a joke in terms of difficulty, and all the maps are really linear. If you are looking for a challenging platformer, this is not your game. If you are looking for a fun and Kind of feel like I need to put my foot down on this one. Yeah the game is beautiful, full of fun content and cool ideas but it is just not more fun than Mario 64. I think the main reason for that is that the game is a joke in terms of difficulty, and all the maps are really linear. If you are looking for a challenging platformer, this is not your game. If you are looking for a fun and colorful romp with an old friend then this is a sure thing. Expand
  82. DavidJ.
    Nov 23, 2007
    It's a great game and I'd reccomend it to anybody.
  83. TommyD.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Games like this one come around very rarely. If Super Mario Galaxy isn't worthy of a 10 then I don't think very many games in history have ever been worthy of one. You can get caught up in childish console wars if you'd like, but when it's all said and done THIS is the game that will be remembered more than any other of the generation. No one will be talking about Games like this one come around very rarely. If Super Mario Galaxy isn't worthy of a 10 then I don't think very many games in history have ever been worthy of one. You can get caught up in childish console wars if you'd like, but when it's all said and done THIS is the game that will be remembered more than any other of the generation. No one will be talking about Crackdown or Bioshock or Metroid Prime 3 or Uncharted 10 years from now. Mario Galaxy, however, will be frozen in eternity as a meter stick by which all other platformers are measured. It has rightfully earned it's spot as a game that isn't just excellent, but that other similar games are expected to live up to. Expand
  84. SYC
    Nov 23, 2007
    Unequivically Mario Galaxy is the best game of the year. A stellar title in every respect and everything a good game should be. The only problem comes with tearing yourself away from it, which thanks to the originality exhibited in each level, is exceedingly difficult.
  85. Alec
    Nov 24, 2007
    Awesome game. Great premise, concept. The story it the generic Mario story, but that's fine. Only problem I have it the camera angles.
  86. ZombieW.
    Nov 25, 2007
    This is definitely one of my favorite Wii games. The game looks beautiful, the different power-ups are amazing, and the classic Mario music is priceless. It doesn't matter what kind of gamer you are, you will LOVE this game!
  87. BigA
    Nov 28, 2007
    As soon as I began playing this game, it took me straight back through every Mario game I have ever played and reminded me why my memories of those games are so fond. This game embodies everything classic about Mario, and then takes him to the next level of platformer games. The fluidity of the controls is like second nature, the concept of the galaxy ties in beautifully with the already As soon as I began playing this game, it took me straight back through every Mario game I have ever played and reminded me why my memories of those games are so fond. This game embodies everything classic about Mario, and then takes him to the next level of platformer games. The fluidity of the controls is like second nature, the concept of the galaxy ties in beautifully with the already developed themes of previous Mario games, and the game play is simply phenomenal. Expand
  88. JesseS.
    Nov 29, 2007
    Best Mario Game ever, and easily the best Wii game so far. This a great game, in pretty much every way I can think to grade it. It's even got a great 2-player mode, great for people like me (a long time gamer) and my daughter (she's not coordinated to play the game herself, but she loves helping me out while I play, and I really appreciate the help she can provide with the Best Mario Game ever, and easily the best Wii game so far. This a great game, in pretty much every way I can think to grade it. It's even got a great 2-player mode, great for people like me (a long time gamer) and my daughter (she's not coordinated to play the game herself, but she loves helping me out while I play, and I really appreciate the help she can provide with the second controller). So, if you've got a casual-gamer (or non-gamer) family member, give them a controller while you play. They'll have a blast figuring out all the stuff they can do. Expand
  89. Mike
    Dec 11, 2007
    I'd give this game a 9.8 The game simply doesn't surpass Super Mario 64, but it comes very very close! This is just my opinion though. I think some of the levels were way too short and not very memorable. The music was great in a few galaxies, but falls very short compared to SM64. I will say one thing, this game is definitely a reason to buy a Wii for!
  90. ThunderS.
    Dec 12, 2007
    I'm a 30 year old gamer, so I'm a bit ol'skool when I review SMG here. Ok, this game isn't a 0, nor is it a 10... I think it is a solid 8, or 8.4 in my opinion. What can I say about it someone else hasn't? I think the graphics are very nice and probably the best part of this game.. (and the wii-mote control scheme is nice too).. However, the game itself is sorta I'm a 30 year old gamer, so I'm a bit ol'skool when I review SMG here. Ok, this game isn't a 0, nor is it a 10... I think it is a solid 8, or 8.4 in my opinion. What can I say about it someone else hasn't? I think the graphics are very nice and probably the best part of this game.. (and the wii-mote control scheme is nice too).. However, the game itself is sorta far from perfect. So, what keeps this from being a 9 or 10? 'Dumbed down' lessons or tutorials that are un-necessary (namely, the manta ray part isn't skippable) and the sometimes sluggish or upside down camera is annoying. This game is great for younger gamers (and people new to gaming), but if you've played any 8-bit or 16-bit mario games, this may leave you that feeling of wanting more fun and better gameplay. Also missing is the classic physics feel and power ups. The bottom line: Bee-suit power-up?! Chesparit-ooo!!!?!!? Expand
  91. JohnC.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Amazing game! A true successor to SM64!!
  92. GeneSimon
    Dec 16, 2007
    This is the great game ever!!! A must have for all hardcore wii owners. the graphics are god. Music is best I have seen since zelda OoT. Gameplay is perfect and dosen't feel bad at all I love it. Super long game first 60 stars are as easy as most mario games, last 61 are a little harder. Mario galaxy is a fresh new turn in the world of mario, wii, Nintendo, and platforming. Highly This is the great game ever!!! A must have for all hardcore wii owners. the graphics are god. Music is best I have seen since zelda OoT. Gameplay is perfect and dosen't feel bad at all I love it. Super long game first 60 stars are as easy as most mario games, last 61 are a little harder. Mario galaxy is a fresh new turn in the world of mario, wii, Nintendo, and platforming. Highly HIGHLY recommended as a first wii game. BUY GALAXY TODAY!! Expand
  93. IsamuO.
    Dec 29, 2007
    State of digital ART Another masterpiece from the master-designer Miyamoto. EAD Tokyo show in this game "how to made THE unique game experience in this generation.
  94. DME
    Aug 11, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy is a mixed bag. It beats Super Mario Sunshine but still hasn't quite lived up to the same standard that Super Mario 64 set. Sometimes the game is fun and addicting but it also has it's moments of boredom.
    Graphics: 9/10 Nice visuals and effects
    Sound: 10/10 Everything sounds 100% Mario Story: 7/10 The princess gets kidnapped for the 3 billionth time.
    Graphics: 9/10 Nice visuals and effects
    Sound: 10/10 Everything sounds 100% Mario
    Story: 7/10 The princess gets kidnapped for the 3 billionth time.
    Gameplay: 9/10 Fun with a few bland spots.
    Overall Score: 9/10 A nice addition to the Wii library.
  95. Sep 16, 2010
    I remember getting my pre-order copy of this game. I was so excited to play it and it was definitely worth 50 dollars. the game is super mario 64 in space, although it was a bit short. One of the greatest experiences i've had in my life.
  96. Feb 7, 2014
    Another amazing piece of platforming genius from Nintendo. Like most modern Mario games, it can be quite clinical at times. But for gameplay and fun, there's little better
  97. Oct 8, 2013
    The greatest Nintendo character of all time gets the best game series ever created in the form of Super Mario Galaxy.

These games are so well crafted and fun that it might be the closest thing to a 'perfect rating' a game could ever get. Everything from the fantastic level design, worlds, characters and beautiful graphics to the breathtaking scope and Bosses makes this one of the very best games of all time! It well deserves the attention it gets and as always, I can't wait for Nintendo's next instalment in the Mario franchise.
  98. Nov 15, 2010
    Kids, this is really one of the bestest games. Lots of fun here!

The games starts with a beautiful cut-scene with no voice acting and SPACESHIPS. Big improvement from that sunshine game amirite? The graphics are also great with lots of variety: space, space, and moar! Music is the good. Level design is the greatest. It like Mario 64 on a LINEAR PATH! GENIUS! Its also very hard.
    Kids, this is really one of the bestest games. Lots of fun here!

Music is the good.
    Level design is the greatest. It like Mario 64 on a LINEAR PATH! GENIUS! Its also very hard. Sometimes, its so hard that I could swear it wasn't my fault that I went into that black hole (NOT BOTTOMLESS PITS). Gravity iz also a fun. Theres only so many uses of it and this game haz the MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Control and camera are OUT OF TEH WORLDS. So much it's almost like I'm not even controlling Moreo at all! Control haz the everything. Momentum based long-jumps from 64, SUPER spin detection, complete camera control, AND YOU HAZ DAT JUMP!

There is nothing wrong with this game at all. Great gameplay, great instruction booklet.
  99. Dec 13, 2010
    This very well could be the bet game on the Wii. It has amazing graphics, music, gameplay, control, and design. The ideas are very original and is a blast to play, albeit a little too easy to beat the main story. However, there is plenty to do afterwards. This game will have you coming back for more and more. PLAY IT.Amazing graphics, fun for the whole family, but more towards the kids.TOOThis very well could be the bet game on the Wii. It has amazing graphics, music, gameplay, control, and design. The ideas are very original and is a blast to play, albeit a little too easy to beat the main story. However, there is plenty to do afterwards. This game will have you coming back for more and more. PLAY IT.Amazing graphics, fun for the whole family, but more towards the kids.TOO SHORT TOO EASY! Everything else is GREAT about this game. I saved princess but i have still 1000 stars to collect." Hope next mario comes soon cos sunshine was so good and whit sunshine mixed whit galaxy it would be the game of the year or bigger! AMAZING Expand
  100. Jan 8, 2011
    A highly polished, first-rate platformer with plenty of creative insanity and a wonderful orchestral score to back up the action. Mario's star hunt through dozens of mini-planets is a wild and diverse journey full of color, clever level design, and more than enough challenge, should the player go for everything the game has to offer. Simple boss fights, fairly short and linear stages, andA highly polished, first-rate platformer with plenty of creative insanity and a wonderful orchestral score to back up the action. Mario's star hunt through dozens of mini-planets is a wild and diverse journey full of color, clever level design, and more than enough challenge, should the player go for everything the game has to offer. Simple boss fights, fairly short and linear stages, and Mario's traditionally slippery movement coupled with slightly awkward motion controls somewhat detract from the overall enjoyment but the experience is still overwhelmingly positive. Excellent effort from a plumber with 25 years of career under his belt already! Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.