Super Mario Galaxy Wii

9.0

1. Sep 4, 2017
    Not too many games are perfect, but you can't get much more perfect than this game. The sound tracks, almost every single one has been stuck in my head for the past 10 years since it was released. The graphics, absolutely stunning. For a Wii Game, I would still say this game looks better than the majority of XBox 1 and PS4 games in terms of art and beauty. Each level, incredibly funNot too many games are perfect, but you can't get much more perfect than this game. The sound tracks, almost every single one has been stuck in my head for the past 10 years since it was released. The graphics, absolutely stunning. For a Wii Game, I would still say this game looks better than the majority of XBox 1 and PS4 games in terms of art and beauty. Each level, incredibly fun and satisfying in their own ways. This game is Perfect. You can tell by every aspect of this game that Nintendo poured their hearts out to make something beyond compare to any other game. The only thing I would change is making the game more difficult. But, they did that in super Mario galaxy 2! I recommend this game to every single person on the planet. An experience so great that it brings me to tears to think about the fun I had back when the game was first released. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2017
    After the masterpiece of Mario Sunshine they make another amazing hit! The motion controls actually work very well! The only problem with the game is probably the enemies. The enemies to me (not the bosses) aren't so great I mean they're decent but they have flaws. Anyways fantastic game!
  3. Aug 29, 2017
    The best Mario game of all time. This game is an absolute masterpiece, and it is perfect in so many ways that I don't even know where to start. The graphics barely show any age, even 10 years after its release. The visuals in general are mesmerizing, and I found myself gazing out into the beautiful, massive skyboxes many times over. Perhaps the most overlooked part of this game is itsThe best Mario game of all time. This game is an absolute masterpiece, and it is perfect in so many ways that I don't even know where to start. The graphics barely show any age, even 10 years after its release. The visuals in general are mesmerizing, and I found myself gazing out into the beautiful, massive skyboxes many times over. Perhaps the most overlooked part of this game is its music; the soaring, atmospheric melodies written by Yokota and Kondo are unlike anything I have ever heard in a video game. From the welcoming chorus of Good Egg Galaxy, to the beautiful atmospheric soundscapes of Space Junk Galaxy and the Gateway Galaxy, to the climactic opera-like final battle theme, this soundtrack is unforgettable, and may just be my favorite video game soundtrack of all time. The controls are standard 3D Mario, but I feel that Galaxy takes a step up in terms of control responsiveness and accuracy. I feel more control over Mario in this game than I do in Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. The environments, as I mentioned, are masterfully varied and concisely designed. They feel large, but never unnecessarily so. It is an absolute joy to explore and discover them; the visuals blend with the atmospheric music so nicely. The story, while not necessarily driving the game, is still compelling, thought-provoking, and at times surprisingly heavy, especially near the end of the game. All in all, this game is an absolute masterpiece and one of, if not THE best Nintendo title to date. It is a must play for any Nintendo fan. Rest in piece Iwata, and THANK YOU for this game. Expand
  4. Aug 12, 2017
    Super Mario galaxy: 3D Mario back in 1996 on the N64 was pretty impressive, people were mind blowned how Nintendo could make a 3D Mario game, 2002 on the GameCube Mario sunshine continues that delicious 3D taste of Mario. 2007 Mario galaxy for the Wii, most people consider this to be the best Wii game, I can agree to that, Nintendo brought back everything that was good about 3D Mario inSuper Mario galaxy: 3D Mario back in 1996 on the N64 was pretty impressive, people were mind blowned how Nintendo could make a 3D Mario game, 2002 on the GameCube Mario sunshine continues that delicious 3D taste of Mario. 2007 Mario galaxy for the Wii, most people consider this to be the best Wii game, I can agree to that, Nintendo brought back everything that was good about 3D Mario in the past and gave us more of that in this Godlike adventure, not a single flaw comes on top of my head. Expand
  5. Jul 18, 2017
    Obra maestra, sin duda si tienes una wii tienes que tener este juego. Much contenido, diseño de plataformas impecable y dificultad elevada! Que lo disfruteis ;)
  6. Jul 13, 2017
    This game is just outstanding. It has a very nicely executed story, some very creative areas to explore, a decent cast of characters for a Mario game, interesting gameplay mechanics and a majestic soundtrack. However, it does indeed have some problems that keep me from giving it a 10. Most of the time, the game is pretty easy, and you can beat it quite quickly. You can go to Bowser withThis game is just outstanding. It has a very nicely executed story, some very creative areas to explore, a decent cast of characters for a Mario game, interesting gameplay mechanics and a majestic soundtrack. However, it does indeed have some problems that keep me from giving it a 10. Most of the time, the game is pretty easy, and you can beat it quite quickly. You can go to Bowser with only 60 stars, and easily miss the rest of the game. The final level is almost as easy as automatic levels in Mario Maker. The Comet Observatory, while beautiful, is just way too big, taking very long to go to the domes. It feels weird to have 6 save files. And to play as Luigi, you have to play the entire game all over again. But the game is still amazing, and you will enjoy it a lot. Expand
  7. Jul 3, 2017
    A Galaxy game in mario game is fabulous. Collect the star to finish the game and have Luigi, i finish the game and i play the 2 after. all the Mario galaxy are special and my favourite is the one
  8. Jun 25, 2017
    Incluso 10 años despues de su lanzamiento sigue siendo simplemente perfecto. Una joya atemporal y uno de los mejores Marios (y eso es decir muchisimo).
  9. Jun 17, 2017
    One of the greatest Wii games of all time, only bested by it's successor. i have rarely had THIS much enjoyment from a game, and it truly blew me away playing it for the first time.
  10. Jun 2, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best 3D platformers ever made.The game features incredible spin and gravity mechanics which makes this adventure different to other mario games.With the memorable 121 levels, great boss battles and unique power ups this is the must have wii game.
  11. May 26, 2017
    This game is the best platformer game to ever be created. Anyone giving it 0s or even less than a 9 is just a stupid freak that for some reason hates Nintendo. Each Galaxy is ingeniously designed to be unqiue and fun, and the platforming mechanics (which include movement and jumping) are incredibly smooth, especially for a 3D platformer. Best Mario game, best Nintendo game, best game period.
  12. May 18, 2017
    EL gran juego que todas las consolas de Nintendo deben recibir. Añade cosas interesantes centradas en los Wii Remote sin perder la esencia de Mario o sentirse muy incomodo como era el caso de Zelda.
    Los niveles solo el Mirador tenía el estilo de Mario pero aún así estan muy bien diseñados. Le pongo un 93/100
  13. May 7, 2017
    I consider it a masterpiece. The childish dream that you never want to end is absolutely brilliant. Consider it one of the best platformers ever. I mean it.
  14. Apr 18, 2017
    This is well and truly my favourite platformer of all time. My only criticism would be it's lack of story, but that's to be expected from Mario games. It has addictive gameplay, extremely beautiful visuals for it's hardware, and one of the few games that (in my opinion) deserves a sequel. If you are looking, for Mario at it's best, I would certainly recommend this one.
  15. Apr 17, 2017
    One of the best 3D Mario games ever. Period.
    It is only matched (and even beaten) in quality by its sequel.
    This game will whisk you off to many beautiful galaxies to hunt down power stars and rescue princess peach from Bowser at the centre of the universe.
    If that previous sentence didn't have you curious, this game isn't for you.
  16. Apr 16, 2017
    One of the most fun games of all time. Easy to pick up and play, but also some serious challenge if you go for all the stars. I still rank this and Super Mario Galaxy 2 as the best Mario Games, with Mario Sunshine in a close 2.
  17. Apr 8, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is a true pinnacle of 3D Mario games. Even more than Mario 64 and Sunshine. With an epic storyline, amazing graphics, highly imaginative designs, excellent gameplay, a lot of missions and challenges to beat, creative power-ups, solid controls and breathtaking musical soundtrack by Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo. If you played 3D Mario games before and if you ever own aSuper Mario Galaxy is a true pinnacle of 3D Mario games. Even more than Mario 64 and Sunshine. With an epic storyline, amazing graphics, highly imaginative designs, excellent gameplay, a lot of missions and challenges to beat, creative power-ups, solid controls and breathtaking musical soundtrack by Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo. If you played 3D Mario games before and if you ever own a Nintendo Wii, this is a must-own for your collection. I gave it a 10 out of 10. Expand
  18. Apr 2, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is a masterpiece. There is not one flaw with the game. If feels fresh and new it's really the first time since Sunshine that they have added new enemies rather than us fighting the same old goomba or koopa. The story was great and Rosalina was the perfect new Mario character we've been waiting for. Overall it's one of the best games of all time while being fun for all ages.
  19. Mar 25, 2017
    Mario 3d platformers have now been around for more than 20 years. In 1996, we got our first experience with Mario in 3d (hell, basically our first experience with 3d console gaming in general) with Super Mario 64. The game was fantastic for the time and still is great today even though it hasn't held up too well thanks to the poorly designed N64 controller. 6 years later in 2002 we gotMario 3d platformers have now been around for more than 20 years. In 1996, we got our first experience with Mario in 3d (hell, basically our first experience with 3d console gaming in general) with Super Mario 64. The game was fantastic for the time and still is great today even though it hasn't held up too well thanks to the poorly designed N64 controller. 6 years later in 2002 we got Super Mario Sunshine, which was released to very mixed views. Some, like myself, thought it was a huge step up from Mario 64 in both controls and gameplay, but others found it massively inferior to Mario 64, though still good. But then in 2007, we got 3d platforming at its absolute finest.

Super Mario Galaxy is the single most well-designed, well-written, and perfectly controlling 3d platformer to ever come into existence. This game has without a doubt the most creativity of any Mario game to date, thanks to the anti-gravity mechanic and the huge supply of different worlds that can be played. Every level is something different and never feels a total drag or too difficult. But aside from the amazing gameplay, there is an amazing character known as Rosalina, who I believe is without a doubt the best Mario character ever introduced thanks to here having a great personality and design, and a fantastic backstory, unlike a certain other princess. A lot of people like to say that the second mario galaxy game is superior to this one in every way, but I completely disagree. This game was one of the most innovative and creative Mario games ever made, while galaxy 2 copied this games style and gameplay while only adding in a few new gameplay elements.

In conclusion, Super Mario Galaxy is the best experience you will ever have with a 3d platformer (and maybe even any Mario game), and it is definitely the Mario 3d platformer that has stood the test of time the best.
  20. Mar 25, 2017
    heh, do i even need to say anything about this game? Nintendo has done it again with this game...i dont know what it has that impresses me. maybe its the story, maybe its the awesome anti-gravity mechanics, maybe its the beautiful music, maybe its the nostalgia...I dont know! But, this game, will be forever in my heart, as the best mario...no, the best nintendo...no, the BEST GAME IN EXISTENCE!!!!
  21. Mar 18, 2017
    O jogo é simplesmente fantástico, não tem muito o que falar, simplesmente jogue. O jogo é perfeito do inicio ao fim, não enjoa nunca. Vale muito a pena.
  22. Mar 6, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite game of all time. This game is perfect in every way. Super Mario Galaxy proved that Nintendo can still make masterpieces.
  23. Mar 5, 2017
    Being a dye-in-the-wool Nintendo fan, I have always enjoyed the new Mario titles that seem to be the stalwart of the franchise. I spent way too many hours of my life playing the original Super Mario Bros. (plus sequels), as well as Super Mario World for the SNES. Then, as with most people, Super Mario '64 absolutely blew me away with its 3-D graphic interface. However, I was disappointedBeing a dye-in-the-wool Nintendo fan, I have always enjoyed the new Mario titles that seem to be the stalwart of the franchise. I spent way too many hours of my life playing the original Super Mario Bros. (plus sequels), as well as Super Mario World for the SNES. Then, as with most people, Super Mario '64 absolutely blew me away with its 3-D graphic interface. However, I was disappointed in the Gamecube effort Super Mario Sunshine, which just didn't seem to have the right "Mario feel" to it. Super Mario Galaxy, however, brought me back into the Mario "universe" (excuse the pun) big time!

The controls and premise of this game harkens back to the revolutionary Mario '64, in which players must collect stars (or, in this case, star creatures) in a variety of different ways. The graphics are pristine, the cut scenes are fun, and the controls are easy to pick up and play.

Though panned as being a "kids game", Mario Galaxy offers something for both the beginning and advanced gamers. By collecting 70 of the 120 total stars (a task that is by no means impossible), Bowser can be defeated and effectively "end" the game. However, more advanced games can shoot for the full 120 stars and see the "true" ending.

Overall, this game is another success in the long line of the Mario franchise. After mixed reviews for Mario Sunshine, Nintendo went back to the basics in this game and created a masterpiece. I'm looking forward to the next installment (rumored to be a sequel to this game?!).
  24. Feb 5, 2017
    Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game ever made. Super Mario Galaxy's graphics, soundtrack and controls are amazing. It tops all the previous Mario games such as Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World.
  25. Feb 3, 2017
    Mario always outdoes himself. Galaxy is easily one of the top 10 best games of all-time, if not higher. Anything you could want from Mario is here. The beautiful graphics and amazing levels make this a must play for anyone with a love of games.
  26. Feb 2, 2017
    Anyone who rates this game below an 8 is a moron, this is a sensational video game. The atmosphere, the graphics, the different worlds, the music all make for a near perfect, brilliant video game. Some problems include some uninspired late game galaxies and the purple coin comets. This game is also very linear, so anyone who enjoyed running around the big open worlds in Super MarioAnyone who rates this game below an 8 is a moron, this is a sensational video game. The atmosphere, the graphics, the different worlds, the music all make for a near perfect, brilliant video game. Some problems include some uninspired late game galaxies and the purple coin comets. This game is also very linear, so anyone who enjoyed running around the big open worlds in Super Mario 64/Sunshine will be somewhat disappointed. Regardless, if you enjoyed those games, you will love this game, I promise. Expand
  27. Jan 17, 2017
    Un chef d'oeuvre de la wii le meilleur mario de un scénario émouvant et un gameplay superbe on ne peut rien reprocher a ce jeu juste 20/20 j'espérée que mario odyssée sera a son niveau !
  28. Dec 24, 2016
    The last main Mario game to be truly great. Full of creativity, wonder and emotion. Super Mario Galaxy one of the few representations of why video games can be great.
  29. Oct 23, 2016
    phenomenal orchestrated music, subtle yet tragic atmosphere, incredible level design are only some the things that make this game an absolute marvel. The quality of this game is just unreal, you really have to play it to understand how good it is. Super Mario Galaxy is the best platformer experience, the best game Nintendo has ever made and one of the best games ever made. It is a timelessphenomenal orchestrated music, subtle yet tragic atmosphere, incredible level design are only some the things that make this game an absolute marvel. The quality of this game is just unreal, you really have to play it to understand how good it is. Super Mario Galaxy is the best platformer experience, the best game Nintendo has ever made and one of the best games ever made. It is a timeless masterpiece that everybody must play. Expand
  30. Oct 8, 2016
    Super Mario Galaxy is a phenomenal game. The visuals are great by Wii standards, the controls are responsive and the story, while nothing special, adds a back-story to the new character, Rosalina. The level design is spectacular, only beaten by the level design of the sequel, and the soundtrack is just as phenomenal, if not more so, as the rest of the game.

Super Mario Galaxy is well

Super Mario Galaxy is well worth your time and is one of the greatest games of all time.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.