Super Mario Galaxy Wii

8.9

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2079 Ratings

1. Mar 24, 2011
    when it comes to platforming games mario has been king for along time . mario 64 is probubly the greatest of all time in that area. SMG not so much. its still a good game with some nice level desighn's . the controls are decent although it still leaves me wishing i could just use a damn game cube controllor over the wii's , the camera is dreadful for the most part since you are runningwhen it comes to platforming games mario has been king for along time . mario 64 is probubly the greatest of all time in that area. SMG not so much. its still a good game with some nice level desighn's . the controls are decent although it still leaves me wishing i could just use a damn game cube controllor over the wii's , the camera is dreadful for the most part since you are running around on small planets it does a sky view which just makes it feel kinda off and made me wish for the mario 64 camera (all be it not great was far better then this) its also kinda easy but most mario games are but not this easy . its still a fun game that captures for the most part the mario magic but it isnt as good as mario 64 or super mario 3 or world and just a hair better then sunshine . Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2010
    This game is strictly mediocre. While it is okay for a while, it suffers from several large problems. The biggest problem is that, while it is a 3D platformer, it lacks exploration - the game is extremely linear, and most levels have to be completed in a single way. Worse, this game is inferior to previous titles in the series - Mario 64 had a lot of exploration in it, but this game lacksThis game is strictly mediocre. While it is okay for a while, it suffers from several large problems. The biggest problem is that, while it is a 3D platformer, it lacks exploration - the game is extremely linear, and most levels have to be completed in a single way. Worse, this game is inferior to previous titles in the series - Mario 64 had a lot of exploration in it, but this game lacks that exploration aspect. You can't randomly go for other stars, and the stars aren't clever in any way. The worlds are sadly less interesting than the Mario 64 equivalents.

The much-vaunted planetary aspect SEEMS like it would be cool, but it almost always is actually a total letdown - almost all the planets with their gravity are lame, and only in a few places in the game can you actually do cool things with them, and I strongly suspect the team actually never intended for me to be able to do what is ACTUALLY fun with the gravity.

The game is also extremely easy - many modern games are very easy, but this game is exceedingly so. Bafflingly, it still has a lives system, despite the fact that it is utterly irrelevant - you have effectively infinite lives, and yet they remain in the game for no good reason. Moreover, it is so easy you are never going to game over.

The central staging area is also less enjoyable than what has been present in other games - in this game, the central staging area is like the levels, boring. In Mario 64, the castle was an interesting place to explore in its own right, being its own "level" of sorts with its own secrets, but the spaceship is just a boring place without interesting places to put its levels, and you progress through it in a very linear and not very interesting fashion.

Perhaps the biggest letdown is the repetitive worlds - there is one world which shows up twice, and it was only okay the first time. The second time, it is simply tedious and uninteresting. Other sections of the game are a bit overly repetitive as well.

While there are some fun areas in the game, most of it is just boring and not clever, and the game is actually worse than Mario 64, a game a decade older in the same series.

This game is greatly overrated. I'd recommend against purchasing it.
  3. Oct 13, 2014
    It's really hard to control Mario and camera sometimes, leading to frustrating moments. Also, I am not a fan of the concept "repeat the same level 10 times and always do something slightly differently", I prefer platformers where each level is a unique experience.
  4. Apr 1, 2016
    Still good... but SO OVERRATED!

Still good... but SO OVERRATED!

Ok, the game is good. But it's not perfection. The nun chuck and wiimote combo isn't the worst or best control scheme ever. The story is the generic "Bowser wants to take over Peach and the world." AT LEAST 3D WORLD ACTUALLY WAS DIFFERENT WITH THE SPRIXIES! Many stars take 15-30 minutes to obtain to the point where it feels grueling. The gravity works good...but just good. But hey... the graphics and shading is good
  5. Sep 27, 2015
    It meets Nintendo's high standards of quality, and you're almost guaranteed to have fun with this game, but all that goes without saying. This game is clearly trying to be another Mario 64 and it fails to do so. Mario 64 allows you to explore each level like an adventure game. In Mario Galaxy, you have to pick which star you're going for before you even start the level, and then it's justIt meets Nintendo's high standards of quality, and you're almost guaranteed to have fun with this game, but all that goes without saying. This game is clearly trying to be another Mario 64 and it fails to do so. Mario 64 allows you to explore each level like an adventure game. In Mario Galaxy, you have to pick which star you're going for before you even start the level, and then it's just linear like an old-fashioned Mario game. There are plenty of cool gimmicks, but the lack of risks on the developers' parts makes this game a whitewashed experience. Expand
  6. Sep 24, 2012
    i thought this game was good but not THAT good why did the critics give it such a high score? there are a load of other games that i think deserve a higher score and this game gets a 97?! lets be serious people. the are game that deserve this score like ratchet and clank or littlebigplanet really better games.
  7. Aug 7, 2011
    This is easily the best platformer I have ever played. It feels like it raises the bar to a level that I would never need another platformer again. In all fairness, I am not a big fan of platform games so I don't spend a lot of time with the genre, but this is just one of those quality games that goes above and beyond traditional expectations of a particular genre. The only real problem IThis is easily the best platformer I have ever played. It feels like it raises the bar to a level that I would never need another platformer again. In all fairness, I am not a big fan of platform games so I don't spend a lot of time with the genre, but this is just one of those quality games that goes above and beyond traditional expectations of a particular genre. The only real problem I have with it is the label. Do we really need another Super Mario? Please Nintendo, call it anything you want and make the main character look like anyone else but please move on from Mario/Zelda/Metroid. These same game mechanics could easily be used with a new IP to freshen things up a bit. It's getting to the point where I can't bare to look at another one of these three brands unless it comes with a 90+ consensus review score to help me see past the same increasingly irritating main character. Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    What happened in here? This game is so wrong, too few levels and when they are easy, literally, THEY ARE VERY EASY, but they want them to be hard... OMG THEY ARE VERY, VERY HARD. And the game has many incoherences. The design of the planets are wonderful, I admit that, but when I play in them, I get dizzy. The good thing is that the new power and hilarious, and makes the game fun.
  9. Nov 15, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy will be fun for younger players but if you grew up with Super Mario 64 you know very well that this is just a rip off of older better games. Nintendo needs to do something new instead of recycling old ideas.
  10. Nov 10, 2015
    What a disappointment this game is. it's just a dumbed down 3d platformer. the wiimote sucks for this game. And you cant even do all the cool moves you could do in mario 64, you know, in 1996? It confines you to a little area so you don't get lost and dont feel too bad about yourself if you suck at it. This is the Nintendo audience now, soccer moms and children.
  11. Sep 5, 2015
    This game sucks.
    Super Mario Galaxy is, in some places, a decently good game. However, most of the game is unappealing and colourless, there are huge difficulty spikes, and the levels are mostly heartless and have only two stars. Six star levels only appear occasionally. Overall, this game is not deserving the attention it gets, and should only be sold for a tenner.
  12. Oct 21, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy is a must have for everyone. It's visuals are amazing and the music is brilliant (if not exactly fitting.) The gameplay doesn't stray far away from it's roots; it also has a few clever levels. The difficulty level is brilliant but a bit too hard for children. I don't really like the controls much; they feel a bit weird for me, and shaking the wii remote gets a bitSuper Mario Galaxy is a must have for everyone. It's visuals are amazing and the music is brilliant (if not exactly fitting.) The gameplay doesn't stray far away from it's roots; it also has a few clever levels. The difficulty level is brilliant but a bit too hard for children. I don't really like the controls much; they feel a bit weird for me, and shaking the wii remote gets a bit tiresome. At some parts, the controls are absolutely awful.

This doesn't stop me from recommending it though. Please by this game. ITS BRILLIANT!
  13. Mar 9, 2011
    It's definitely one of the better titles on the Wii, but it obviously lacks in some areas, such as polish, freedom, and re-playability. Unlike Super Mario 64, I feel like the game is linear, not letting you solve many problems on your own. While it is a fantastic attempt, it ABSOLUTELY does not deserve the flood of 100's critics game it, putting it higher than even Half-Life 2.
  14. YerkK.
    Jul 9, 2008
    I will agree with everyone that the game looks nice and really has the mario fairytale gloom radiating from it.. but I also want to point out the less than average qualities the game offers, as I feel those are ignored or underrated. - the unique functionality of the wii-mote is hardly used - Coop mode is crap. Ok, it's actually more of a spectator mode, but that leaves the I will agree with everyone that the game looks nice and really has the mario fairytale gloom radiating from it.. but I also want to point out the less than average qualities the game offers, as I feel those are ignored or underrated. - the unique functionality of the wii-mote is hardly used - Coop mode is crap. Ok, it's actually more of a spectator mode, but that leaves the multiplayer component to be near non-existent. - Graphics aren't exactly edge-breaking. They're nice enough though and create a fairy-tale atmosphere. - There's too much restrictions for the sake of balancing. It's much like a linear platform game without giving the players real room to be creative, there's usually only one way to beat the game. - It's rather repetitive. The gameplay might be rather innovating, but the rest of the game is old. There are also a lot of positive points, but they're easy enough to find... My main concern is the very limited usage of the wii functions, which leaves me to conclude a good 7 is high enough for this game. Expand
  15. TaharulI.
    Apr 3, 2008
    It was so easy. The ending is poor. Never have i been so disappointed in a mario game. I lent it to my relatives and they got bored with it in a day.
  16. SimonG.
    Mar 31, 2008
    I
  17. LeeH.
    Mar 3, 2008
    I thing this game is okay. Nothing more, nothing less. People make such a big deal saying it's awesome and unbeatable, but I think it's way over-rated. Some of the levels are extremely long and boring, whereas others couldn't be more fun. The controls are also awkward and different to get the handle of, but once you do, it's easy. I don't think this could be rated I thing this game is okay. Nothing more, nothing less. People make such a big deal saying it's awesome and unbeatable, but I think it's way over-rated. Some of the levels are extremely long and boring, whereas others couldn't be more fun. The controls are also awkward and different to get the handle of, but once you do, it's easy. I don't think this could be rated over a 7, but it's an alright game. Expand
  18. PolH.
    Jan 20, 2009
    I do miss the old platformers...this game was extremely easy for me, and it is obvious that it was created for children. But why are we surprised? The wii is obviously for non-gamers, and taking this under consideration, this is a decent game. If you are a gamer this game is not for you, and neither is the console.
  19. AnonymousMC
    Nov 18, 2007
    It's a good game and fun for the wii. But how it has 98 average score, the highest at present on metacritic above the likes of Assassin's Creed (which has a better storyline, lightyears ahead in graphics even if Mario is cartoony and Call of Duty 4 etc i just do not understand.
  20. JustinR.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This game isn't as great as everyone says it is. The storyline is kinda boring and it gets awfully repetitive going after star after star after star. It's definitely one of the better games for Wii, though, as most games out for this console positively blow.
  21. ChisameS.
    Jan 28, 2008
    The graphics are really, really good, but I have to agree with Brad~ The levels are much too easy and short...I wish they were a bit more challenging and long.
  22. DaveH.
    Feb 15, 2008
    It's great fun at first and the level designs are clever. But I found the controls clunky and the gameplay too simplistic to withstand even its modest length before it gets repetitive (which is less than halfway through). There again, this has always been the way I've felt about Mario games, having being grown up with Sonic games and I probably shouldn't knock it too much It's great fun at first and the level designs are clever. But I found the controls clunky and the gameplay too simplistic to withstand even its modest length before it gets repetitive (which is less than halfway through). There again, this has always been the way I've felt about Mario games, having being grown up with Sonic games and I probably shouldn't knock it too much as Mario Galaxy better than 99% percent of platformers around these days, ESPECIALLY the new Sonic. The soundtrack is also very good and the Luma creatures are nothing short of adorable. However, I maintain that this game does nothing to bring platform gaming into the seventh-generation and its shortcomings are probably a symptom of the the datedness of the said genre. The last platform games I honestly enjoyed were Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and Rayman 2. Expand
  23. DaveS.
    Feb 20, 2008
    Great game, I really do love it, but i gotta agree, while some areas are very hard a majority of the game is easy. I've witnessed or played all 121 stars. The camera angles were a bummer sometimes too. Other than that it was creative and enjoyable.
  24. WilliamC
    Mar 26, 2008
    Its a good game but not great at all!!It doesn't deserve the first place!!Its really repetitive and really NOT addictive!!BORIN sometimes!! really ordinary.
  25. ChrisK.
    Mar 7, 2008
    it's a good game, but when it comes to the platform genre, psychonauts beats this game in every aspect but graphics.
  26. SamC.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Quite a good game but i think its greatly over rated. It doesn't take advantage of the wiimote and theres nothing that would make me want to play it non stop.
  27. DorS.
    May 5, 2008
    Boring game, even didn't finish it because its so boring.
  28. JohnN.
    Jul 17, 2008
    Easily one of the most annoying, frustrating games I've ever played. It is a shining example of how you should never, ever fully trust review sites. The game is clearly marketed towards children, and yet it is far too difficult in places and generally extremely frustrating. How Nintendo thought this would be a good idea is beyond me. I can only assume they didn't mean to make it Easily one of the most annoying, frustrating games I've ever played. It is a shining example of how you should never, ever fully trust review sites. The game is clearly marketed towards children, and yet it is far too difficult in places and generally extremely frustrating. How Nintendo thought this would be a good idea is beyond me. I can only assume they didn't mean to make it annoying - and that it's just terribly design. The life system is truly, shockingly terrible. I don't care how many lives you want to give me - how about a proper health system instead? Two minor mistakes from knocking into retarded caterpillars and you're flashing red with an incredibly annoying sound can go on for ages until you take a detour from what you're doing and go desperately try to find a coin, lest you make 1 more tiny mistake by not waggling at the exact right time against a worthless fodder creature and have to start all over again. Expand
  29. js
    Mar 31, 2009
    I have got to say that this game is really overrated, if you like a simple platformer I guess youd like it, but it is not an absolute classic. for gods sake, mario is the single most overrated character of all time! He hardly ever speaks, has no personality, never interacts or does anything anyone could ever relate to. Really look at him honestly without the hype and marketing and ask I have got to say that this game is really overrated, if you like a simple platformer I guess youd like it, but it is not an absolute classic. for gods sake, mario is the single most overrated character of all time! He hardly ever speaks, has no personality, never interacts or does anything anyone could ever relate to. Really look at him honestly without the hype and marketing and ask yourself, is he really the greatest character. I expect a lot of people will reflexively say hes great but maybe a few will see what I mean. And I dont hate mario compulsively either but M64 is still the best one and I would rather play that anyday. This game is overly simplified and immensely repetitive. If you like that whatever but I want more in a game, especially something so damn overrated. Think If any other character tried this same game would it even get a 50? cmon! and you may call me a Wii hater and PS fanboy for this but I would rather play the original ratchet and clank over again than this anyday. Expand
  30. Jasonh.
    Jun 12, 2009
    So I didn't like this game. Before I get my head bitten off by a bunch of fanboys, I'd like to point out that I absolutely loved mario 64 and hell, even Mario Sunshine. Mario 64 had awesome powerups, worlds that were incredible and unique (the clock world, the cavern world, the big and small world...) and exploring these areas was half the fun. Galaxy almost entirely strips away So I didn't like this game. Before I get my head bitten off by a bunch of fanboys, I'd like to point out that I absolutely loved mario 64 and hell, even Mario Sunshine. Mario 64 had awesome powerups, worlds that were incredible and unique (the clock world, the cavern world, the big and small world...) and exploring these areas was half the fun. Galaxy almost entirely strips away the fun of exploration. Everything about this game is so straightforward. Nearly every power up is only placed under certain circumstances to be used in a certain way. To give an example, you'll only get the fireflower (yeah the brought it back, but it sucks) when you need to burn a couple of torches. You'll only get the spring suit when you must bounce to higher areas. Gone are the days when you could get a flying cap to sail around the stage, or a fireflower to just burn some enemies. The worlds are also not nearly as immersive, partially do to the linear gameply, but can also be attributed to the fact that most of them can be entirely walked around in a minute. They're that small, and lack cohesion as many of the worlds are actually a series of smaller planets. Expand
  31. KayN.
    Jun 14, 2009
    I'm not sure why but I REALLY found it hard to get enjoyment out of this game, a lot of aspects just stopped me. First the mediocre gameplay is what got me, I experienced severe cases of boredom doing silly tasks such as launching yourself onto planets or flinging yourself towards shiny objects, while interactive, it is hard to find enjoyment out of tasks you are doing. What's I'm not sure why but I REALLY found it hard to get enjoyment out of this game, a lot of aspects just stopped me. First the mediocre gameplay is what got me, I experienced severe cases of boredom doing silly tasks such as launching yourself onto planets or flinging yourself towards shiny objects, while interactive, it is hard to find enjoyment out of tasks you are doing. What's worse is these tasks become repetitive over time, it's basically the same thing. You often have to re-visit annoying planets to perform different tasks. The action in this game is fairly basic, honestly I can't see much difference from 64 and Sunshine, maybe a less annoying combat system, instead of spin and crush have something unique, Mario is being re-used in the same way he just jumps on things. This isn't a big problem, the main aspect of this game is platforming, and the controls are sensitive, one wrong move and you've missed your target completely, this will happen countless times because the controls are messed up pretty bad. Now sometimes a good story can drive pretty mediocre gameplay, but sadly no, Galaxy is as every Mario game has been: Save the Princess. This lackluster creativity for a story is what makes the game worse. Most things in this game are pretty childish. There was some enjoyment but I was forcing myself through the game to see if it would improve. Mario Galaxy has to be one of the most overrated games in history, while most people give it perfect scores, they ignore the basic problems of this game, how it is just Mario 64 with space themes, how the controls fail or how the levels become tedious. People also forget Ratchet and Clank has used alot of the formulas that Nintendo have implemented in this game and Ratchet and Clank remains the superior title, mainly because you play as characters you actually like and it has a story that isn't for 6 year olds. When it comes to platforming, stick to some Naughty Dog titles and DON'T follow the reviews. There is no guaranteed enjoyment in this game. Only if you are a die hard SM64 fan that wants to see the same stuff re-used. Expand
  32. VitorB
    Jul 25, 2009
    64 was so much better, the new power ups s*ck, you can only use the power ups for a couple of seconds and u only use the fire flower to light up some torches. Is it only me or these new levels don't say "Mario" at all, it's like your almost not playin Mario anymore, even sunshine was better 64 was way better than galaxy hands down they ruined the Mario World with this Galaxy 64 was so much better, the new power ups s*ck, you can only use the power ups for a couple of seconds and u only use the fire flower to light up some torches. Is it only me or these new levels don't say "Mario" at all, it's like your almost not playin Mario anymore, even sunshine was better 64 was way better than galaxy hands down they ruined the Mario World with this Galaxy Theme, starts instead of coins, nooo that's so wrong! Expand
  33. NotmuchFun
    Aug 7, 2009
    Oh god, this game has no business at the top of the wii games list. All Galaxy is, is a watered down version of mario 64 with several gimmicks. While 64's worlds were wide open, with the option of obtaining several stars in one go (which may or may not include the mission star) Galaxy's worlds are extremely linear. Power ups are only given when necessary and quickly disapear Oh god, this game has no business at the top of the wii games list. All Galaxy is, is a watered down version of mario 64 with several gimmicks. While 64's worlds were wide open, with the option of obtaining several stars in one go (which may or may not include the mission star) Galaxy's worlds are extremely linear. Power ups are only given when necessary and quickly disapear afterwards. Everything in this game is stifled, and the amount of freedom that can be enjoyed is scant. Even camera control is severely limited, and I often couldn't even see if i was positioned to squish a goomba. Expand
  34. CoreyS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    The gameplay and graphics are very good but its just way too easy. Theres almost as many 1-ups as coins. I beat it in three days!
  35. TamaraT.
    Nov 20, 2007
    After speaking to various people who all played the game, they all commented on how amazing the idea of a spherical level is, and said thats what made the game great. The idea of a round level with interesting gravity is nice, but Ratchet and Clank did that; many years ago. After playing, i found that the WiiMote, as usual, is used poorly, and the game overall looks pretty but didnt have After speaking to various people who all played the game, they all commented on how amazing the idea of a spherical level is, and said thats what made the game great. The idea of a round level with interesting gravity is nice, but Ratchet and Clank did that; many years ago. After playing, i found that the WiiMote, as usual, is used poorly, and the game overall looks pretty but didnt have enough other than looks and childish style to keep me amused. Its great that its a new Mario game, but the reason the ratings are high is for the that Mario is a main character. Expand
  36. DionysusJ.
    Nov 28, 2007
    It's a fun game... This is true. But after games like Ratchet & Clank Future and Uncharted, it's hard not to be spoiled by the gorgeousness that is high-definition. SMG is a definite buy with great level design, but honestly it looks no different than Super Mario Sunshine... or even Mario 64 in some areas. Slightly over-hyped, but still recommended.
  37. B.S.M.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Seriously, this is far from a perfect 10 many reviewers seem to be giving it. It is not a bad game either, just a good game. Would rate it a 7.4 I think. Game could barely hold my interest near the end when collecting enough stars to finish it. And I have no desire collecting everything. I would actually recommend players to rent this one if they are not totally convinced with the videos Seriously, this is far from a perfect 10 many reviewers seem to be giving it. It is not a bad game either, just a good game. Would rate it a 7.4 I think. Game could barely hold my interest near the end when collecting enough stars to finish it. And I have no desire collecting everything. I would actually recommend players to rent this one if they are not totally convinced with the videos and what people are saying so far. Expand
  38. TedA.
    Dec 27, 2007
    It's by far the best looking game on Wii. Best gameplay? No way. It's incredibly easy and won't take you long to complete it (even the 'special' 2nd run through). The camera is dreadful; sure it's nice not bother having to adjust it constantly but it seems to find the most ridiculous places to settle down at - mostly with a huge ledge just out of sight. The It's by far the best looking game on Wii. Best gameplay? No way. It's incredibly easy and won't take you long to complete it (even the 'special' 2nd run through). The camera is dreadful; sure it's nice not bother having to adjust it constantly but it seems to find the most ridiculous places to settle down at - mostly with a huge ledge just out of sight. The controls are nice, but the Spin Attack seems to be an easy way for Nintendo to add a new level of simplicity. Whatever happened to Mario jumping on his enemies? If you have a Wii by all means rent it (you'll probably complete it in 3 days). If you have another console, ignore this. Oh and let me say - I prefered Sunshine a lot more. The hub world in Galaxy is terribly dull compared to Sunshine and SM64. The levels are linear and small compared to Sunshine/SM64's wide areas to run around in. 6.9/10. Expand
  39. RayB.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Meh. Ratchet and Clank beats it Old Skool. That's right, I didn't like it. Take that Nintendo fanboys, your precious platformer doesn't hold a candle to shootin' stuff with missiles. AVAST!
  40. RobertoR.
    Jun 11, 2008
    The art direction is second to none. There was no shortage of creative thinking in the making of this game. That said, getting all the stars can become a bit of a chore, especially towards the end. After I beat the main game, I quit playing. I just didn't see the fun in getting 120 stars.
  41. RobertC
    Nov 8, 2009
    Mario Galaxy is a game that had many great ideas. Unfortunately, this game plays like a full priced set of gimmicks, from the controls all the way down to the platforming.
  42. MikeV.
    Dec 24, 2007
    The game is very innovative but it is so extremely easy its ridiculous. Because of this complete easiness I only give it a 7. Nintendo seems to be targeting more casual gamers and are sacraficing the fun-factor/challenge for a "pretty" game.
  43. Feb 25, 2011
    While at least somewhat impressive on all fronts, Galaxy suffers from repetition, extreme linearity and lack of details. Controlling Mario is a little messy with strange tacked-on IR pointing (which, on the other hand, brings about some welcome multitasking), some minor jumping and falling stickiness and not too smooth underwater controls. Did complete and enjoy. Inferior to Mario 64,While at least somewhat impressive on all fronts, Galaxy suffers from repetition, extreme linearity and lack of details. Controlling Mario is a little messy with strange tacked-on IR pointing (which, on the other hand, brings about some welcome multitasking), some minor jumping and falling stickiness and not too smooth underwater controls. Did complete and enjoy. Inferior to Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 2. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.