Super Mario Galaxy Wii

9.0

1. MJ
    Nov 20, 2007
    Simply Brilliant. Listing the vitues of this game would take pages. Simply said, it is a masterpiece. In my opinion, the best game Nintendo has ever produced- and dare I say it- my personal candidate for the best game of all time.
  2. WayneW.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Great game. Quality title. But it's just TOO damn easy! Even the hard stuff is easy!
  3. MikeB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The reviews are right on. There is nothing to not love. Even the tough camera at times is acceptable based on the amazing graphics, and gameplay. This is a must buy!
  4. GregW.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Miyamoto once again proves that gameplay is king. This game is fun in its purest form, players will experience a truly magical feeling that is rarely felt in gaming.
  5. EttörillöB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Absolutly perfect game!!! I've finished it today ... not with the 121 star (thanx god, cuzz i'd like it were eternal) and i believe it is one of the 'prettiest' games i've ever played( & i'm a 5 gen player). Visuals, controls, scene design & the unbeliaveble music makes this game one of those you will remember for the rest of your life.
  6. BryanS.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Everything about this game is a wonder to behold! Visuals are stunning, soundtrack is beautiful, controls are fluid and its very accessible to gamers young and old.
  7. DanielV.
    Nov 25, 2007
    The visual quality is terrific for a Wii game, and the physics are really crazy-like, i was amazed at the gameplay. MUSTbuy!
  8. ColinW.
    Nov 25, 2007
    As i dreadfully trudge through th mediocre pile of games that have been released for my beloved console. My usual fan boyish attitude towards anything coming out for my wii. But my wii's soul has been re-engulfed in a flame that may be brighter than Zelda TP. It is definitly a must buy. I would almost say it's worth buying a wii for. Top of my list of game of year. Just above As i dreadfully trudge through th mediocre pile of games that have been released for my beloved console. My usual fan boyish attitude towards anything coming out for my wii. But my wii's soul has been re-engulfed in a flame that may be brighter than Zelda TP. It is definitly a must buy. I would almost say it's worth buying a wii for. Top of my list of game of year. Just above Orange Box. Expand
  9. GhostReviewer
    Nov 26, 2007
    Simply put, this is the best wii game released so far. The challenge is satisfying, the music is addictive, and the graphics and art style are beautiful. The Gameplay, however, is the real highlight of the game. They are without a doubt the most responsive controls of the system. They feel natural but not overused or gimicky. Super Mario Galaxy is definately a contender for game of the year.
  10. MatthewM.
    Nov 27, 2007
    A truly amazing game, loved every second of it! If you have a Wii, get this game NOW! the graphich are amazing, and the gameplay follows suit,not to mention one of the MOST addicting game I have ever played. BUY IT NOW!
  11. RCR
    Nov 27, 2007
    Unbelievably fun and engrossing 3D level design and gameplay. Fun, fun, fun.
  12. DonC.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Most innovative and original Mario to date. Drop your Halo 3 paddles and try out this real game, find out why the hype for other games is just stupid and also why graphics don't matter.
  13. MoP.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Having played hundreds of games in the last 30 years of gaming, starting with pong. I can honestly say this has been the most fun. Even cured my jaded middle aged palate. Thank god for Nintendo.
  14. ClintonB.
    Nov 29, 2007
    This game might just be better than Super Mario Bros. 3 which I previously though at the best game ever made. The new "suit varieties and amazing level design bring this game back to the same standard that Mario 3 set for video games in general.
  15. DanielR.
    Nov 29, 2007
    This is the best game ever, even better than Super Mario 64. Graphical perfection. Musical perfection. Gameplay perfection. Lasting perfection. Overall perfection. God.
  16. SteveJ.
    Dec 13, 2007
    This is an amazing game by all accounts. The controls feel fantastic, the Wii remote bringing something new to the table and still not feeling gimickey. The stages are all unique, and you don't have to spend too long in any one place. The graphics are tied with Metroid Prime 3 for best on the system. There are a few small downfalls, though: occasionally, though rarely, the This is an amazing game by all accounts. The controls feel fantastic, the Wii remote bringing something new to the table and still not feeling gimickey. The stages are all unique, and you don't have to spend too long in any one place. The graphics are tied with Metroid Prime 3 for best on the system. There are a few small downfalls, though: occasionally, though rarely, the upside-down platforming feels awkward, and some of the suits felt strange to use. Otherwise, though, Nintendo has blown my mind. This is one of the most fun games I have ever played. Expand
  17. AnonymousMC
    Dec 13, 2007
    This game was good and it was addicting to play. I give it an 8 the graphics are good-especiallyfor the wii and the gameplay is sweet. Let's face it though it ain't no halo and i am a halofanboy. Because i am a halofanboy can you guys plz not cus at me....
  18. DevinH.
    Dec 16, 2007
    If I was a game reviewer, I would give this game an 11 out of 10 instead of a 10 out of 10 and risk getting fired because this game is better than almost anything I've played in years and certainly superior to 99% of the stuff that they review. However I get to play whatever game I feel like playing and therefore I am going to have to be a bit harsh and give this game a 9. There are If I was a game reviewer, I would give this game an 11 out of 10 instead of a 10 out of 10 and risk getting fired because this game is better than almost anything I've played in years and certainly superior to 99% of the stuff that they review. However I get to play whatever game I feel like playing and therefore I am going to have to be a bit harsh and give this game a 9. There are four things that irritated me about this game with the last one dragging the game from a 9.5 to a 9 in my opinion. 1) The Pull Stars. 2) Lack of Control over camera angles. 3) Having to do the same exact Bowser stage again to complete the game once you obtain 120 stars. 4) Doing the purple coin challenge in the desert level. I know it sounds crazy for 1 star challenge to change your overall assessment of Mario Galaxt by a lot but hear me out. It took me around 60 tries to get the star in the desert purple coin challenge. The three coins that are on top of the Thomp's Head is an extreme and almost impossible pain in the arse to get. Everytime I couldn't get on the Thomp's head after a couple of tries, I had to try the challenge all over again because otherwise 25 years later, you would still be unsuccessfully trying to get the 3 coins since the tornado seemed to position itself in a certain place to keep you from landing on the stone's head after a few attempts. If by some miracle you land on the stone's head and get the three coins, you still have to deal with the extremely unforgiving skinny platforms, regenerating skeleton koopas, and coins hovering high in the air in the middle of nowhere with one tiny mistake sending you to your instant death in the quickstand and having to do the whole coin challenge all over again. Other than these four annoyances, this game is the most amazing video game on this galaxy that was made since 1996 and should not be missed by any gamer regardless of the kinds of games you usually play unless you just like either extremely violent or sports games. Expand
  19. LTB.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Beautiful music played, Creative worlds made. A better game, will I find? SMG you blew my mind. The magic of it can bring out a tear. This deserved Best Wii Game of the year.
  20. JakeH.
    Dec 24, 2007
    Super Mario Galaxy is in my top 3 games I have ever played. When I first heard about another Mario game, I had my doubts. I thought it would be like Super Mario Sunshine and I would get bored with it. I was wrong... big time! Super Mario Galaxy has the basic Mario storyline with Peach being kiddnaped by Bowser and Mario saving Peach. But now Nintendo threw in a new person. Rosalina. Rosy Super Mario Galaxy is in my top 3 games I have ever played. When I first heard about another Mario game, I had my doubts. I thought it would be like Super Mario Sunshine and I would get bored with it. I was wrong... big time! Super Mario Galaxy has the basic Mario storyline with Peach being kiddnaped by Bowser and Mario saving Peach. But now Nintendo threw in a new person. Rosalina. Rosy is like the fairy of the star observatory. She needs all the stars and grand stars you collect from missions to power the observatory and save Peach. Now for gameplay. The gravity in this game is superb. It will really help you travel around the galaxy. You use the Nunchuck to move and the remote to attack, jump and fire star bits you find. The star bits are everywhere. They are easy to collect. All you have to do is aim with the remote and you have some star bits. They can be fired at some enimies to stun them so you can hit them. The only thing I don't like about Super Mario Galaxy is that you can't really focus the camera. You don't have to because the camera follows nicely, but in some spots, you wish you could control the camera. My other complaint is how you swim underwater. It's hard to control and easy to get lost. All in all, Super Mario Galaxy is the best game for the Wii. Expand
  21. UweP.
    Dec 30, 2007
    Having completed the game 100 % with both Mario and Luigi now, I can definitely say that this is the best 3D platformer ever made. Contrary to both Mario 64 and Sunshine, which both featured large and somewhat empty levels, Galaxy is just a no-nonsense, superb compilation of compact levels (well, galaxies) filled to the brim with great ideas and the most satisfying, pure platforming imaginable.
  22. EricG.
    Dec 31, 2007
    Wow, superbly entertaining and just creative as can be. Everything is very beautiful and just fun and addicting to play. I can't wait until the next one to come out.
  23. JoeA.
    Dec 30, 2007
    I'd actually rather give this game a 9.5 out of 10, but I'll just have to round up for metacritic. Incredible graphics for an outdated console, classic and refined gameplay, and music that's surprisingly robust for a Mario game. My only complaint are the rare instances the camera can't find you and the moments where going upside-down forces you to switch your I'd actually rather give this game a 9.5 out of 10, but I'll just have to round up for metacritic. Incredible graphics for an outdated console, classic and refined gameplay, and music that's surprisingly robust for a Mario game. My only complaint are the rare instances the camera can't find you and the moments where going upside-down forces you to switch your movements. The game does this silhouette thing with Mario if the camera gets stuck behind something, but in some worlds, like water ones, it's just not good enough. Also, there are some sections where you get no control over the camera where control would have been most helpful. These problems, however, absolutely do not hinder the experience. Nintendo has once again refined and reinvented the platformer, giving us a better 3D Mario than Mario 64, and possibly the best Mario since Super Mario Bros. 3. Expand
  24. Mattyouwouldliketoknow
    Dec 4, 2007
    Don't listen to Dionysus J. he doesn't know what he's talking about. It looks way different than Super Mario Sunshine and looks way different than Mario 64. Galaxy has a style of its own. I strongly recommend this game.
  25. AnonymousMC
    Nov 29, 2008
    Extremely over-rated. It's by no means a bad game, but this game just bored me a little. Not sure why, it was all a little bit... un inspired. But it's still a great mario game, with lovely music and graphics, but I find Super Mario 64 DS far more enjoyable than this.
  26. EricA.
    Jan 18, 2008
    This game is so different and unique. Once you beat the game as Mario you have the option to continue playing a lot of the same levels over again but with various "comet" challenges such as enemies moving twice as fast, or you only have one health, or you have to finish the level in a certain time limit. Even after you beat all these levels and beat the game again you unlock Luigi as a This game is so different and unique. Once you beat the game as Mario you have the option to continue playing a lot of the same levels over again but with various "comet" challenges such as enemies moving twice as fast, or you only have one health, or you have to finish the level in a certain time limit. Even after you beat all these levels and beat the game again you unlock Luigi as a character and can replay the entire game over but with a Luigi that can jump higher and farther but can't stop as quickly. This makes for a more interesting and challenging game play. Expand
  27. BenHewitt
    Jan 19, 2008
    This game is the best single player game i have ever played. I have been playing games since the Amiga 500 i own a ridiculous amount of consoles, console games and PC games. Mario is absolutely stunning. Previous to this my favourite mario game was Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. Don
  28. NickC.
    Oct 19, 2008
    An excellent game, though I think Sunshine was a little more fun. There are many elements to this game however that are quite charming and will keep you coming back for more. As expected of a Mario game, the graphics are top-notch.
    Jan 27, 2008
    I never considered myself a Mario fan until I played this game. I love it so much! The critics are right; I didn't get frustrated when I died. I was excited to try again. Overall, a really fun experience. Anyone with a Wii should go out and bye one! As a hardcore Legend of Zelda fan, it's pretty rare for me to admit that it had more personality and was more fun than some of their games.
  30. AndrewC.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wow...I can't believe how many people are actually complaining about what is possibly the best game Nintendo has ever created. Every element, every little nook and cranny of the game is so polished and awesome. There are so many works of genius here and there, and the levels can be quite challenging. They are fairly short and sweet, but they are longer than those found in Super Mario Wow...I can't believe how many people are actually complaining about what is possibly the best game Nintendo has ever created. Every element, every little nook and cranny of the game is so polished and awesome. There are so many works of genius here and there, and the levels can be quite challenging. They are fairly short and sweet, but they are longer than those found in Super Mario 64 (a vastly overrated, boring platformer by all regards...though notably innovative). This game should not be compared to past Mario games, because frankly it blows them all out of the water. That's all there is to it. This game is all that is keeping me from selling my Wii and going with the Xbox 360, folks. It's AWESOME. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.