8.9

1. DecepticonPom
    Mar 9, 2008
    I've always kinda thought that if you divide what you pay for a game by the number of hours you spend playing it until you either get bored or complete it, then that's the value for money factor. I paid AUD$80 and have spent days on this game and the end is still comfortably some way away. GREAT fun, great value, totally worth it.
  2. AnonymousMC
    Jul 1, 2009
    Just Brilliant! I have to admit i first thought this game sucked as hell and they raped Mario because they tooked all of his atacks away , the only thing you can do is spin around and my first thought of the music was just BAH and putted it so quick as possible out. And i played super mario 64 and Super mario sunshine(And found all of his stars in both games, yeah!) where you have lots ofJust Brilliant! I have to admit i first thought this game sucked as hell and they raped Mario because they tooked all of his atacks away , the only thing you can do is spin around and my first thought of the music was just BAH and putted it so quick as possible out. And i played super mario 64 and Super mario sunshine(And found all of his stars in both games, yeah!) where you have lots of attacks and further so you can understand my reaction about this change.. But then i picked it up again and play it further and further and when you get used to the sound it sounds pretty well though. And the game itself is also a much better then my first impression, you have maybe less attacks but sooo more power ups those who are so much fun by the way. And i'm happy that the controls are the same or even better then the other mario games, it's just so much fun to jump around with mario and explore each galaxy! And then the special remote not to forget, it's veeeery handy and well done and a nice adjective to the game. Whole the game together it's just again a very nice Mario game and to my opnion, those are the best games! So i've got a new favorite game<3 Expand
  3. John
    Nov 15, 2007
    The best game for Wii. Period. Fun to cotnrol, superb music. the best graphic for wii at this moment. buy it
  4. AnonymousMC
    Nov 8, 2007
    I've been playing the Japanese version of this, and I think it's one of the best games to be released in a long time. Everything hits the right note, the music is triumphant, the graphics are lovely and the gameplay is better than Mario's other 3D outings.
    I can't fault this game.
  5. KingKong
    Dec 3, 2007
    Who ever rated this game below 9/10, proves that they dont know much about video games, next to a freshy. This Game has it all! from best clarity and innovation to royal platformers; interms of visual, gameplay, competitiveness, simplicity, involvement and addictiveness. Mario is Fit for a KING of all games to this present and future, hands down.
  6. RobB.
    Jan 5, 2008
    I'll start by saying I love Mario. I have owned, played, and finshed every Super Mario game since his days with Luigi on the NES. I even love the Mariokart series, so I may not be the most unbiased reviewer. I'll start by saying I love this game. The controls are great with very few exceptions. The visuals are Fantastic. And the game play is superb. I play my own game, I play I'll start by saying I love Mario. I have owned, played, and finshed every Super Mario game since his days with Luigi on the NES. I even love the Mariokart series, so I may not be the most unbiased reviewer. I'll start by saying I love this game. The controls are great with very few exceptions. The visuals are Fantastic. And the game play is superb. I play my own game, I play with my kids, I play this game with my wife. Buy it and you will not regret it. Collapse
  7. PetriT.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Great, long lasting quality entertainment.
  8. Thyzz
    Jun 30, 2008
    Greatest game for the Wii in existence. I don't know why some people don't even give this a 10.
  9. LeeB.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Great game. This game is fun with one player and two players. With 120 stars (121 when you play as Luigi) this game will keep you busy and you will want to play it more than once. Ten stars all around.
  10. AnonymousMC
    Oct 1, 2009
    hands down the best f***ing game i have ever played. unreal how awesome this game is. wow. if you pass on buying this game, kick your own ass. there is not a single flaw other than my 6 yearold is so addicted to it, i think we may have to buy an extra wii.
  11. AndyH
    Oct 8, 2009
    This game ate my weekend. I started playing it on my housemate's Wii on Friday afternoon, the next thing I know I've got four stars left to go and it's 3AM the following Monday. I commend any game that can charm and immerse me so deeply I go over 48 hours without using the toilet and I don't notice.
  12. glotero
    Apr 4, 2009
    Every aspect of this games is very well done. the gameplay is perfect, the level design is perfect and very interesting, graphics are great. in my opinion galaxy could easily fit as a good looking xbox 360 tittle. the only letdown is the story which is the same as always, but if you have been playing mario for the last 2 decates you know that this kind of games are not about exposition Every aspect of this games is very well done. the gameplay is perfect, the level design is perfect and very interesting, graphics are great. in my opinion galaxy could easily fit as a good looking xbox 360 tittle. the only letdown is the story which is the same as always, but if you have been playing mario for the last 2 decates you know that this kind of games are not about exposition they are about perfect and enjoyable gameplay. galaxy atmosphere is incredible enjoyable it really makes you feel like in space but with a marioish feel, each level is unique and memorable. super mario galaxy is the best game of this generation. gta4 is very overated. oh yes, the music of galaxy is great aswell! in my opinion the best soundtrack for a videogame, well competing with super smash bros brawl. Expand
  13. Jamesb
    Sep 5, 2009
    As one of the only people I know to 100% complete the game, I know that this is one of the most fun, action packed games I have ever played. With 120 levels across around 40 different galaxies, this game has nearly everything a Mario fan could possibly want, and then some.
  14. PaulD.
    Nov 13, 2007
    There's no point in explaining the awesomeness of this game. It's like trying to define perfection. To put it simply, the closest gaming has come to a religious experience. Yeahoo!!
  15. AaronP.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Awesome game. Great gameplay and a classic storyline. Mario's back!
  16. KevinE.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Whoever gives this game a score in the red either hasn't played the game or is biased toward Mario. This is the best game of the year and I've played several of them. 3rd party developers I hope you're paying attention. This is how you make a great game on the Wii.
  17. MichaelF.
    Nov 26, 2007
    This is not my favorite game of all time. It doesn't have the emotional intensity of FFVII or the beauty of Okami; it doesn't have the deep sadness of Shadow of the Colossus or the gorgeous physicality of Gears (or God) of War. At the same time, from a pure gaming standpoint, Super Mario Galaxy is most definitely the best game I've ever played. The odd off level aside, the This is not my favorite game of all time. It doesn't have the emotional intensity of FFVII or the beauty of Okami; it doesn't have the deep sadness of Shadow of the Colossus or the gorgeous physicality of Gears (or God) of War. At the same time, from a pure gaming standpoint, Super Mario Galaxy is most definitely the best game I've ever played. The odd off level aside, the game is stuffed to the brimming with pared down runs of perfect platforming and mind-bending physics. It undeniably excels at every little aspect of its being; platformers will never be the same. Expand
  18. AnonymousMC
    Nov 27, 2007
    This game is the most pure fun experience ever. It will make you never want to go back to playing a violent FPS ever, and will make you never want to play a game which is not as high quality as it,. The only bad thing about it is the lifespan. I've played it for 4 hours and have already got 19 of the 120 power stars. BEST GAME EVER.
  19. AnonymousMC
    Nov 4, 2007
    Yet another Mario game that doesn't just ride the franchise name to the status of a "classic" but earns it with great gameplay that will leave anyone & everyone smiling, and thats just by watching it in action. Just wait till you get a chance to play for yourself.
  20. DG.
    Dec 5, 2007
    Amazing game play...graphics...great overall!
  21. Bauermill
    Dec 6, 2007
    Somehow this game blows away Super Mario 64 and possibly all other Mario games with it's graphics, gameplay, story, challenge, and straight up fun! A must have for anyone who owns a Wii. It gets my vote for game of the year.
  22. ClayA.
    Oct 1, 2008
    Super Mario Galaxy presents, as the box says, an adventure of cosmic proportions. This could not be any more true, and Super Mario Galaxy is quite possibly the greatest game that has ever been made or ever will be. Do not miss out on a game you will not soon forget.
  23. JonathanA.
    Jan 12, 2008
    Wow. This game soars. A true experience, memorable and exhilarating, whether blasting off to a new planetoid to face some gravity-defying, mind-bending puzzle, to walking off a ledge only to find yourself on the other side and with a whole slew of new secrets and things to explore, to just twirling around in the hub-world and dancing with the luma-stars. Hehe. It brings out the kid in me. Wow. This game soars. A true experience, memorable and exhilarating, whether blasting off to a new planetoid to face some gravity-defying, mind-bending puzzle, to walking off a ledge only to find yourself on the other side and with a whole slew of new secrets and things to explore, to just twirling around in the hub-world and dancing with the luma-stars. Hehe. It brings out the kid in me. Mario, you're the man. Expand
  24. KristofferM.
    Jan 2, 2008
    An amazing game which undoubtedly will be remembered as an era-defining classic.
  25. Darkhorse
    Jan 4, 2008
    I gave this as a gift to my kids with the Wii and also played it with them. I had Game Boy and 64 where I played the old version of Mario. This game had come a long way and my gosh I've never seen a game where you can't stop trying 'til you achieve your goal. I'm not progressing through the game faster than others but doesn't matter as sometimes I just walk around I gave this as a gift to my kids with the Wii and also played it with them. I had Game Boy and 64 where I played the old version of Mario. This game had come a long way and my gosh I've never seen a game where you can't stop trying 'til you achieve your goal. I'm not progressing through the game faster than others but doesn't matter as sometimes I just walk around the galaxy enjoying the graphics. Expand
  26. JPH.
    Jan 6, 2008
    Awesome game play -- plenty challenging for an experienced gamer yet intuitive enough for a novice to enjoy. Another Mario hit from Nintendo.
  27. RaquelM.
    Jan 7, 2008
    One of the games who shows that creativity, innocence, and originality, can be unlimited when it comes to innovating the universe of gaming.Not universe... galaxy ! A true masterpiece, that reminds you of the old times, but doesn't forget to give you a diferent and completely new view of an epic and remarkable game, called "Super Mario 64".
  28. DaveC.
    Feb 17, 2008
    From the start to the end there is never a dull moment in the game. Any one who has beaten the game will know that you get plenty of Mario and Luigi action. There are a lot of games that try to add replay value. They try to give the game more length by adding bonus items and other useless things you must accomplish. With Super Mario Galaxy that is not the case. You get all 120 stars and From the start to the end there is never a dull moment in the game. Any one who has beaten the game will know that you get plenty of Mario and Luigi action. There are a lot of games that try to add replay value. They try to give the game more length by adding bonus items and other useless things you must accomplish. With Super Mario Galaxy that is not the case. You get all 120 stars and you never get board doing it. Then you unlock Luigi get all the start again and beat the last level. The camera angles were not a problem at all. The controls became second nature and added extra effect to the game. Any body that didn't give this game 100/100/10/10 probably didn't beat the entire game. When I saw i could replay the game with Luigi I thought it would be stupid and pointless. That was not the case. It was a far different experience from Mario which made playing thru the game a second time just as fun as the first. The last bonus level was a good reward too. The only thing bad that comes from this game is I will probably never find a game that can offer as much thrill as this one. Ps. Most Mario games don't have multilayer, and for 5-10 year olds with other siblings it will add something fun for the kid waiting to do. Expand
  29. AnonymousMC
    Feb 2, 2008
    I have no clue why i`ve waited so long befor i bought my wii ... its just so great. Ever since the n64 with mario64, zelda, mario kart, goldeneye007 i`ve rarely had as much fun playing a video game. There are great games for PC that are considerably on the same lvl in terms of awesomeness ( Halflife1+2 / Fallout1+2 just ot name two ), but for SMG absolute happiness comes into it aswell.
  30. WrangeW.
    Feb 20, 2008
    THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED! Mario galaxy is so awesome! it has awsome graphics, great sound, easy controls, and is an extremely fun game! No one will EVER forget Mario Galaxy!
  31. JamieS.
    Feb 3, 2008
    A superb game. A MUST MUST MUST have for all Wii owners. However the swimming controls are a complete joke.
  32. JULIEN.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This game was fantastic, so relieved today to get all 120 starts. I played it with my 10 yr old son, who I had to bribe (in £s) to help me especially, purple coins Toy Town, and the Cosmic levels. My husband did the roller-ball level, and when he had completed it after the millionth try, he came downstairs ashen, with palpitations saying I can't believe it and need a stiff This game was fantastic, so relieved today to get all 120 starts. I played it with my 10 yr old son, who I had to bribe (in £s) to help me especially, purple coins Toy Town, and the Cosmic levels. My husband did the roller-ball level, and when he had completed it after the millionth try, he came downstairs ashen, with palpitations saying I can't believe it and need a stiff drink. Bit sad its finished but I have Luigi now to look forward to, hear we go again!!! he was Expand
  33. ChrisD.
    Mar 23, 2008
    Someone totally different...Nintendo really shows that they know how to innovate. Even after being in the gaming industry for so many years now they still managed to pop something out that has no equal, and really blows my mind. This game is really hard to describe...it's a platformer just like many Mario games before, but it plays like no other platformer I've seen, and its Someone totally different...Nintendo really shows that they know how to innovate. Even after being in the gaming industry for so many years now they still managed to pop something out that has no equal, and really blows my mind. This game is really hard to describe...it's a platformer just like many Mario games before, but it plays like no other platformer I've seen, and its really really fun. The addition of a co-op play is very ingenious, and adds alot to the fun of playing Galaxy. Expand
  34. MylesS.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Welcome to the future Platform Genre. When it comes to bringing platforming into the next generation, we can always rely on Nintendo's plump Italian plumber. From the opening, I was instantly amused by Mario's drunken little waddle down the street, but instantly stunned by the graphics. Mario has never looked better! The game proceeded to thrill me over and over with the level Welcome to the future Platform Genre. When it comes to bringing platforming into the next generation, we can always rely on Nintendo's plump Italian plumber. From the opening, I was instantly amused by Mario's drunken little waddle down the street, but instantly stunned by the graphics. Mario has never looked better! The game proceeded to thrill me over and over with the level variety and amazing orchestral score. As I got further into the game, I had many underlying fears. Would the game play die down? Would the ending suck? Let's just say that when I finished the game, my fears blew out the window. The action is relayed to you from beginning to end. Is it without flaws? Of course not. I feel like I'm the millionth parroteer of the fact that the camera angles are dodgy at times. I found the game horrendously frustrating at some points. For instance, the lack of quick save functions in challenges means that you must start again, no matter how close you got to the end before that minor mishap. Also Surfing is downright insane. I took all this with good grace. What I called Expand
  35. JoeJ
    Apr 28, 2008
    Sorry people, but to all the naysayers who don't give this a 10, they clearly don't realize just how difficult it is to create a masterpiece like Galaxy. This is why Big N is still king.
  36. AdamT.
    Apr 4, 2008
    An absolute must have game. Utter genius in every respect and I find it hard to think of anything that I could have improved on. You will not regret buying this game (unless you don't own a Wii). I hope Nintendo see fit to bring out an expansion because I for one would buy it.
  37. CalvinC.
    May 1, 2008
    I understand that many people believe that this game only got high scores because it's a Mario game. They are only looking at the outside, and don't deserve to play great games. This game could have had Bubsy in it, and it STILL would have kicked ass. The innovation, controls, and execution are near flawless. However, the flaws (lack of camera control, very easy, dull co-op) are I understand that many people believe that this game only got high scores because it's a Mario game. They are only looking at the outside, and don't deserve to play great games. This game could have had Bubsy in it, and it STILL would have kicked ass. The innovation, controls, and execution are near flawless. However, the flaws (lack of camera control, very easy, dull co-op) are just nit-picking issues. In short, this game is FUN. Remember that? F-U-N? What games used to be before they became akin to a second job? Expand
  38. DougL
    May 23, 2008
    Mario and platformer fans alike I say unto you "WAAAA-HOO!". Best game of it's type hands down.
  39. VelimirS.
    Jun 11, 2008
    Simply put it's by far the Best video game ever. Ever.
  40. JacoH.
    Jun 5, 2008
    I agree with Calvin C. Gaming is about F-U-N, and this game is the ultimate fun game. Brilliant!
  41. RhodyT.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Seriously one of the greatest games ever made. There are no serious flaws. It's easy enough to get through without much difficulty, but if you want to do everything, there are some really tough challenges for those of us who like them. The graphics are gorgeous, the level design is second to none, the music is fully orchestrated and absolutely epic. Everyone needs to play this game. Seriously one of the greatest games ever made. There are no serious flaws. It's easy enough to get through without much difficulty, but if you want to do everything, there are some really tough challenges for those of us who like them. The graphics are gorgeous, the level design is second to none, the music is fully orchestrated and absolutely epic. Everyone needs to play this game. Mario's still got it after all these years. Back and better than ever. Expand
  42. PatrickP
    Oct 3, 2009
    There will likely never be another Wii game that will come close to the sheer amount quality, polish, and brilliance of Super Mario Galaxy. With nearly flawless controls, excellent design work, a superb soundtrack, and the most incredible graphics you'll find on the system, this is as close to perfect as games come.
  43. Ian
    Feb 20, 2009
    Stunning stage design, clever enough to keep you constantly on guard, and fast paced enough to hold your attention through the duration of the game - and beyond. Not only are the stages beautifully crafted and the musical score a sterling compliment to the visual, but the originality of the objectives and tasks will never fail to please your sense of accomplishment. This is, by all means, Stunning stage design, clever enough to keep you constantly on guard, and fast paced enough to hold your attention through the duration of the game - and beyond. Not only are the stages beautifully crafted and the musical score a sterling compliment to the visual, but the originality of the objectives and tasks will never fail to please your sense of accomplishment. This is, by all means, the best you can take from a video game, period. Expand
  44. AnonymousMC
    Mar 9, 2009
    This is an awesome family game. My eight year old and I enjoy it tremendously. I would like to know what these "gamers" expect from a Mario platform game. Of course it's been made for children! Duh...go back to your blood and guts games. Don't give it a zero simply because it's a family game.
  45. DaveB
    Apr 16, 2009
    This has to be one of the best Mario games I've ever played. I've played Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Brothers (the original). In my opinion, this is, undoubtable, the best three dimensional Super Mario game ever released. It's just that much fun to play for me. It feels fresh, new, and has amazing Wii This has to be one of the best Mario games I've ever played. I've played Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Brothers (the original). In my opinion, this is, undoubtable, the best three dimensional Super Mario game ever released. It's just that much fun to play for me. It feels fresh, new, and has amazing Wii Remote controls that I feel are a perfect fit for making the player feel more like they are in space with Mario. As for the story, I find the true story in the game to be amazingly deep. The true story, in my opinion, is the story Rosalina tells the player (if they so choose, that is). I must say that I was close to shedding a tear after I read it. Very deep and a welcome addition to not just the Mario game, but to any game released after this. Having an optional story would satisfy two crowds at once. You can satisfy the players that just want to play a game with no regard for who someone is or why they are there and you can satisfy the gamer that is deep into storyline knowledge. It's a win-win situation. The visuals are astounding. This is such a beautiful game that uses many colors from the color wheel that get neglected so much in more "epic" games. It's so inviting and engaging that, at times, I would take around 3 seconds to just stand and look around in first person view. The soundtrack is, probably, the best soundtrack I've heard this generation of video games. Astounding renditions of the memorable and classic Super Mario tunes fans know and love are fantastically coupled with the ear-candy that is the Good Egg Galaxy and the Gusty Garden Galaxy tunes. At times, I even considered buying the soundtrack to this game! If I could rate this game higher than a 10, I'd do it. This is, in my opinion, the best Super Mario game ever created. Nintendo Tokyo and Shigeru Miyamoto should be proud of themselves for making the most memorable experience a Wii owner will have. Just be sure to not try to speedrun through the game. The game will lose it's spark and the player will miss out on a fantastic experience. Try to stop every enemies' head, collect as many coins and star bits as you can, and make sure that you play with the gravity in the game whenever you can. The physics are very well done. Expand
  46. ArjendeH
    Apr 3, 2009
    Super Mario Galaxy delivers an astonishing game that is virtually flawless in every observable way. Incredible graphics and beautiful music are just the icing on top of this marvelous cake of glorious platforming gameplay. With the best among old and new ideas combined, how can you not agree that this is the best game the market has seen for a long time?
  47. AnonymousMC
    Apr 6, 2009
    ANYONE WHO GAVE THIS UNDER AN 8 MUST NOT BE PLAYING THIS GAME!...I was not a fan of Mario 64 and have hesitated for a long time to buy this game - now I can not put it down. This game is incredible! A load of fun! A+++. If you own a Wii and have been hesitant because you did not get into the hype of Mario 64 - Give this a try - even at its worst it is an 8
  48. ElliottW
    Jul 7, 2009
    The real marmite game! I don't think it's the best mario game- the only thing stopping it win that honor is that the whole game is very linear- it's an opposite to 64, in a way. People who moan about the fact there's no story need to remember that Mario games don't NEED a story- it's not an RPG, remember! As Miyamoto himself says, storyline can be a The real marmite game! I don't think it's the best mario game- the only thing stopping it win that honor is that the whole game is very linear- it's an opposite to 64, in a way. People who moan about the fact there's no story need to remember that Mario games don't NEED a story- it's not an RPG, remember! As Miyamoto himself says, storyline can be a distraction. But the bottom line is, if you like Mario games, get this game. If you like platformers, get this game. If you are into shooters, don't bother- you won't be able to appreciate it. Don't let the other reviewers change your mind! (COUGH, Obvious PS3 fanboys, COUGH) Kidding! Expand
  49. FélixD
    Aug 28, 2009
    I'm gonna tell you this right now; everyone who gives a note that is less than 8/10 should not be playing video games, because they don't play games for fun. You see, Super Mario Galaxy is a Mario game. Mario games are made to be fun, and this one sets the proportions of fun to a whole new level. Let's just start off with the gameplay; Being the best feature of Super Mario I'm gonna tell you this right now; everyone who gives a note that is less than 8/10 should not be playing video games, because they don't play games for fun. You see, Super Mario Galaxy is a Mario game. Mario games are made to be fun, and this one sets the proportions of fun to a whole new level. Let's just start off with the gameplay; Being the best feature of Super Mario Galaxy, it shows simple, yet perfectly responsitive controls. There are even hidden moves which can be useful for the hardcore players out there. Then, there's the graphics, which are absolutely insane beyond belief. I never expected a Mario game to look so good AND have a perfect, 60 frame per second graphical orgasm for the Wii. What about the music? A perfect balance between completely new orchestrated songs and old-school synthetised remixes of old Mario songs. Let's not forget the 120 stars to collect with Mario, THEN the same 120 stars to collect again, but this time with Luigi, which makes the game harder as he slides easily if you let him go. Bottom line, Super Mario Galaxy is the perfect Mario game, and in my oppinion, no other game can produce as much emotion and epicness as this game. Expand
  50. JordanG
    Sep 21, 2009
    This game blew me away from start to finish. It's original and unique, easy to pick up but can be played for hours on end. It is the perfect balance of Mario style platforming combined with buckets full of new gameplay elements. Possibly the greatest Mario game ever. Even if it wasn't the first ever 3D Mario game, a factor that caused many a gamer to shiver in abslute joy, it This game blew me away from start to finish. It's original and unique, easy to pick up but can be played for hours on end. It is the perfect balance of Mario style platforming combined with buckets full of new gameplay elements. Possibly the greatest Mario game ever. Even if it wasn't the first ever 3D Mario game, a factor that caused many a gamer to shiver in abslute joy, it had an impact on me unlike any other game. Best game on Wii? Yes. Expand
  51. AnonymousMC
    Nov 13, 2007
    A pure Masterpiece. Nintendo FTW.
  52. TonyS.
    Nov 14, 2007
    This game is perfect, and the game we've all been waiting for! Masterpiece, and definitely not only the game of the year, but best game in many years! Get it NOW!
  53. DiegoM.
    Nov 14, 2007
    An absolute masterpiece. The level desing and art direction of this game are unmatched, fantastic visuals. Beautiful orchestrated music, and superb gameplay make from Mario Galaxy the best game of this decade in my humble opinion.
  54. ChrisA.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Truly the best Mario game ever, and also a game that will go down in history as one of the best games ever made - like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Brothers 3 before it. There simply are no flaws with this game, if you like Mario: you will love this game; if you love Mario, then this game is your nirvana.
  55. DanA.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I had been hyped for this game since day one. The best part about it is that no amount of hype can do it justice. This has exceeded my expectations for a Wii game, a Mario game, a 3D Platformer, and so much more. Super Mario Galaxy is by far the best game this year, superior to even God of War 2, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4. It never fails to impress, and even with minor camera I had been hyped for this game since day one. The best part about it is that no amount of hype can do it justice. This has exceeded my expectations for a Wii game, a Mario game, a 3D Platformer, and so much more. Super Mario Galaxy is by far the best game this year, superior to even God of War 2, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4. It never fails to impress, and even with minor camera flaws and a lack of an original story, it's as close to perfect as a game has been in a long time. Expand
  56. AlexD.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This is the reason to own a Wii, best game this decade.
  57. Caitiexobc8ox
    Nov 16, 2007
    This game was the best out of all the games I own for Wii. It's great graphics and exciting settings don't make you sick of it in an hour and makes Mario look like a whole new player.
  58. AndreaC.
    Nov 16, 2007
    The best game of the year, without a doubt. Visionary, new, fresh. I love it.
  59. KevinG.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Debate will continue to rage over whether or not this game is "one of the best of all time" and worthy of some of the more extreme ratings out there (one prominent reviewer gave it an 11 out of 10). Having played the game, I must admit that it's one of the more fun and exciting experiences I've had in gaming in years. The variety of things to do and the execution in which Debate will continue to rage over whether or not this game is "one of the best of all time" and worthy of some of the more extreme ratings out there (one prominent reviewer gave it an 11 out of 10). Having played the game, I must admit that it's one of the more fun and exciting experiences I've had in gaming in years. The variety of things to do and the execution in which it's handled is impeccable. The music is playing in my head 24 hours a day, and the graphics are very, very good. I think what is causing many of the super-high reviews though, isn't so much the quality of the game but the fact that it reminds people of Super Mario 64. This is a game that people have wanted a proper sequel to for years, and other than the good-but-different Mario Sunshine, we haven't had a new 3-D mario game that could compare to the N64 original. I think a lot of these reviews are based in nostalgia more than anything else. Not that there's really anything wrong with that. Mario Galaxy is without a doubt a fantastic game, whether or not it deserves 11 points out of ten. Expand
  60. AnonymousMC
    Nov 17, 2007
    Es realemente emocionante y unico, la experiencia que siente saltar de planeta en planeta, la movilidad, los colores y mario son fantasticos, y realmente en todo el juego siempre hay algo nuevo... cada galaxia es diferente y por cada una un poder diferente. realmente asombroso! no es el juego del año, es el juego de 10 años
  61. JorgeC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    I believe this is the overall the best Wii game out there in the market. Intense graphics compare to sunshine and other previous mario games. Same characters and same storyline doesn't ever get boring. I give this game a 10 beyond the galaxy.
  62. VN
    Nov 17, 2007
    Mesmerising experience from the off. It blew me away straight away. And the sound is emphatic. Plus its not another first person shooter...
  63. DRaGMaReC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Es el mejor juego de Mario que se ha creado, en el catálogo de Wii solo es superado por Zelda Twilight Princess, un poco sencillo al principio pero conseguir las 120 estrellas no es tarea facil.
  64. TerranS.
    Nov 18, 2007
    The best platformer I have ever played- and that includes Mario 64. Galaxy does an excellent job of combining problem solving with skill, with a pace that calls on the player to constantly evaluate both. Its colorful visuals make excellent use of the Wii's graphical capabilities, and appeal to all ages of gamers. The audio can be a bit "kiddish" at times, but it's never The best platformer I have ever played- and that includes Mario 64. Galaxy does an excellent job of combining problem solving with skill, with a pace that calls on the player to constantly evaluate both. Its colorful visuals make excellent use of the Wii's graphical capabilities, and appeal to all ages of gamers. The audio can be a bit "kiddish" at times, but it's never overwhelming, and the excellent gameplay and graphics more than make up for that negligible "lapse". The only other complaint is the camera, but I haven't played a 3D platformer yet where I have not had some complaint about the camera, and overall Galaxy's works to strengthen the game's immersion factor, making it a little more acceptable. Overall, Galaxy offers the best platforming experience around, and the Wii only complements the experience with its spot-on controls (even Ray Surfing feels amazing) and upgraded graphics (I have yet to encounter a point in Mario Galaxy where I cared that the Wii has "inferior" graphics, because the graphical design in Mario Galaxy more than makes up for its technical "inferiority"). Expand
  65. Mario
    Nov 19, 2007
    First of all, I laugh at "Dante Peaks" pitiful effort at trying to make this game look bad. He is obviously a stupid PS3 or Xbox360 fanboy that hasn't even played the game and just wants to lower the score. He gave it a score of 1/10. Give me a break you idiot! This game is an absolute masterpiece. Easily the best game on the Wii. Bad camera angles, bad plot and very repetitive says First of all, I laugh at "Dante Peaks" pitiful effort at trying to make this game look bad. He is obviously a stupid PS3 or Xbox360 fanboy that hasn't even played the game and just wants to lower the score. He gave it a score of 1/10. Give me a break you idiot! This game is an absolute masterpiece. Easily the best game on the Wii. Bad camera angles, bad plot and very repetitive says Dante Peaks? Absolutely not. Graphics, sound/music, gameplay is absolutely amazing. If you have a Wii but not this game, go and get it! This game will go down in history as a very important and remarkable mario game just as Mario 64 did before it. Expand
  66. BrandonJ.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I feel like a child again. That is the best feeling anyone can ever get from a game. No other game has did this to me since... I was a kid. The music is breathtaking at some parts, like fighting Bowser, and the gameplay is amazing. It does take a little time to get used to, but when you do, you will be playing the best game on Wii, if not, one of the best games ever.
  67. JeremyJ.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Reaffirms my faith in Nintendo's ability to make games of more quality and freshness than any other company. The game is, in a word (a very un-Mario word): epic. The only complaint I might have had was "too easy"...but if you think about it...how many people got to experience getting all 120 shines in Super Mario Sunshine, the exponentially harder 3D Mario game? I myself never Reaffirms my faith in Nintendo's ability to make games of more quality and freshness than any other company. The game is, in a word (a very un-Mario word): epic. The only complaint I might have had was "too easy"...but if you think about it...how many people got to experience getting all 120 shines in Super Mario Sunshine, the exponentially harder 3D Mario game? I myself never acheived that rating until Galaxy came along, and it's a great feeling. Besides, there's always that "little extra something" for getting all 120 stars that makes the game slightly more difficult asecond time around. Expand
  68. SpoodQ.
    Nov 20, 2007
    To the person who says it copied ratchett and clank : Excuse me? You do know Mario was a 3D platformer long before your little furries ever where, and if anything they are copying him, correct? Disregarding comments from people who should stop playing video games just right now, this game is almost perfect. Sheer brilliance. Excellent graphics, music, gameplay, and evironments. Even the To the person who says it copied ratchett and clank : Excuse me? You do know Mario was a 3D platformer long before your little furries ever where, and if anything they are copying him, correct? Disregarding comments from people who should stop playing video games just right now, this game is almost perfect. Sheer brilliance. Excellent graphics, music, gameplay, and evironments. Even the lack of cinematics and developed story can't keep me from rating this a 10! Expand
  69. TomM.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Great game, took 64's innovation and charm to heart, but yet still expanded and innovated upon it in more ways with planets, gravity, and new moves. An epic, must-own title for anyone who considers themselves a gamer.
  70. DavidK.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Excellent mario game, full of original gameplay, yet classic, music enemies, settings powerups and fun. amazingm yet undeniably far far to easy, no where near the challenge as MArio 64 was but i would say has more WOW factor, considering the controlls and gravity effects, and suprisingly excellent visuals
  71. dcartist
    Nov 26, 2007
    Fantastic game. Well deserving of a 10. Amazing control, lots of imagination... seamless. My only nitpick is with that very sad and haunting storybook that is a cliffhanger all the way through if you start reading it early. Having a sad lonely kid looking for his mom who has "left forever"... without a resolution until you finish more game... bad idea. Luckily the storybook is totally skippable.
  72. SteveM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I love video games, so I tend to get caught up in a game and give it a shining 10 for a review, out of passion, and then only in hindsight am I able to pick out the flaws. I need not worry about that regarding this game. This game is as perfect as games come. I enjoy the graphics and love the music, but seriously, that is all irrelevant...that's not why you should play this game. I love video games, so I tend to get caught up in a game and give it a shining 10 for a review, out of passion, and then only in hindsight am I able to pick out the flaws. I need not worry about that regarding this game. This game is as perfect as games come. I enjoy the graphics and love the music, but seriously, that is all irrelevant...that's not why you should play this game. Don't even play it because it's a "Mario" game. Play it for the genius level deisgn and gameplay...because that's what games are REALLY all about, and this game nails it. Expand
  73. Taurus
    Dec 11, 2007
    What an awesome, awesome game. A must-buy for all the Wii owners, and if you don't own a Wii, here's a great reason to buy one.
  74. MarkR.
    Dec 11, 2007
    I got the same impression of "Hardcore Gamer Magazine". When I play this game I fell like a crafter had reachd its highest skill point. It is an awesome game, beautiful to look at, just great music and controls and fun all the way through. I highly recommend it.
  75. PALAFOXP
    Dec 12, 2007
    Super Mario Galaxy stands proudly as the second best game from Nintendo. Why? Because its excellent design, innovation, controls, and graphics. Some reviewers claim this is not the best Mario game yet, others just lower the score of the game by just saying the camera, and easy-level issues, but it's not enough. Although this game is not perfect, it really entertains. The soundtrack Super Mario Galaxy stands proudly as the second best game from Nintendo. Why? Because its excellent design, innovation, controls, and graphics. Some reviewers claim this is not the best Mario game yet, others just lower the score of the game by just saying the camera, and easy-level issues, but it's not enough. Although this game is not perfect, it really entertains. The soundtrack is just amazing, with orchestrated tunes and background sounds that perfectly fit each Galaxy. I give this game a 10, because this game really amazed me, and will amaze everyone who plays it 'till the end. Expand
  76. Bishman
    Dec 23, 2007
    Now Super Mario Galaxy is the true sequel to Mario 64. It does everything Mario 64 does but better. Not only is the art direction amazing, Nintendo raises the bar on what you think a platform game can do. And it is simply fun. When I'm playing, I have to laugh and smile because this game is just too fun.
  77. BradleyG.
    Dec 4, 2007
    I have yet to find a flaw in this game. For those of you who feel it is not as "pretty" as compared to other games out today, take a look again. For how little power the Wii has as compared to its graphically massive competition, it does very well for itself. Also, when you're such a shallow gamer to put graphics in front of fun, then go play Lair for a third time keep you're I have yet to find a flaw in this game. For those of you who feel it is not as "pretty" as compared to other games out today, take a look again. For how little power the Wii has as compared to its graphically massive competition, it does very well for itself. Also, when you're such a shallow gamer to put graphics in front of fun, then go play Lair for a third time keep you're opinion to yourself. Expand
  78. LuisR.
    Dec 5, 2007
    This game is a Mario geek fantasy come true. I keep reading a lot of comparisons to Mario 64, and there are definitely similarities. One thing that definitely sets this apart from Mario 64 is the lack of repetition. Every star within each stage has it's own areas, so it doesn't feel like you're running around the same parts of the level trying to figure out how to get the This game is a Mario geek fantasy come true. I keep reading a lot of comparisons to Mario 64, and there are definitely similarities. One thing that definitely sets this apart from Mario 64 is the lack of repetition. Every star within each stage has it's own areas, so it doesn't feel like you're running around the same parts of the level trying to figure out how to get the star. It definitely made Mario 64 feel tedious for me at times, but I have been playing Mario Galaxy non-stop, and even after having defeated Bowser I'm having a blast trying to get the rest of the stars. Expand
  79. AnonymousMC
    Dec 5, 2007
    This is very close to being my favorite single player game of all time (Shadow of the Colossus and HL2 are up there as well). I am ridiculously addicted - after getting 120 stars I didn't even take a break before starting again. The major appeal here is variety: There are a ton of different galaxies covering all the stock themes and more. But more than that, each star feels like it isThis is very close to being my favorite single player game of all time (Shadow of the Colossus and HL2 are up there as well). I am ridiculously addicted - after getting 120 stars I didn't even take a break before starting again. The major appeal here is variety: There are a ton of different galaxies covering all the stock themes and more. But more than that, each star feels like it is its own level, whereas in SM64 each star was a part of the overarching level. I can see why someone might like SM64's system better, but I actually greatly prefer Galaxy's. The only problem with Galaxy is that it's a little bit too easy. There were a few stars where I lost more than one life, but it would have been nicer if the difficulty consistently scaled up as you progressed. Sweet Sweet Galaxy (one of the first stars in the game) is probably one of the hardest, while some of the last galaxies were not difficult at all. But, that's an extremely minor gripe. Expand
  80. JulianM.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Great overall game! I loved Mario 64 and this was just the substitute I needed! If you like Mario 64, pick this up! The use of the Wii Remote is also very fun. Great graphics. I reccommend you pick it up!
  81. TomS.
    Dec 8, 2007
    The Wii may not be the best system, some may not even consider it a real game machine, but reguardless of that this is a game and a great one at that. Don't believe the hype over Halo 3 or Assassins Creed, Super Mario Galaxy is truly one of those rare games that makes you remember how gaming got to where it is today. Galaxy's uses the Wii controls the way they should be, The Wii may not be the best system, some may not even consider it a real game machine, but reguardless of that this is a game and a great one at that. Don't believe the hype over Halo 3 or Assassins Creed, Super Mario Galaxy is truly one of those rare games that makes you remember how gaming got to where it is today. Galaxy's uses the Wii controls the way they should be, minimally. This is not waggle a thon, not junk free ware like the other Wii games, this is a truly great game that anyone who owns a Wii should have. Expand
  82. TomD.
    Dec 9, 2007
    I never give out 10's. This game is a ten and it is not a shooter like the four nominees at the VGA's. Pure bliss not a 3rd person shooter a platformer thru and thru. NES had Super Mario Bros. SNES Super Mario World N64 Super Mario 64 Gamecube had Sunshine sorry cube Wii has the defining game of this generation.
  83. AxewhipeS.
    Jan 15, 2008
    Great game for a great system. This game combines both 3D & some 2D like gameplay and adds new items & new ways to play into the mix. You need this game if you have a Wii.
  84. FGT
    Jan 22, 2008
    Simply superb. The creativity and effort put into this game shows all the way through. Amazing how each world keeps throwing new awesome unexpected stuff at you.
  85. ChrisC.
    Jan 5, 2008
    Utterly brilliant - a masterpiece. Definitely Nintendo's greatest work ever. With stunning graphics, beautiful artistic levels, controls that actually make sense and pure unlimited fun and challenge, Super Mario Galaxy is 2007's Game of the Year in my opinion. Everything we love about the Mario franchise and more.
  86. TimB.
    Feb 25, 2008
    This is by far the best nintendo game I've ever played. The boards are challenging but not too difficult. The interaction between Mario, the enemies, and the boards is very entertaining. And I couldn't believe the number of levels and drastic differences between them. I can only hope that Super Smash Brothers is half as good as this game. If you buy only 1 game for the Wii... This is by far the best nintendo game I've ever played. The boards are challenging but not too difficult. The interaction between Mario, the enemies, and the boards is very entertaining. And I couldn't believe the number of levels and drastic differences between them. I can only hope that Super Smash Brothers is half as good as this game. If you buy only 1 game for the Wii... make it this one. Expand
  87. JeddyB.
    Mar 14, 2008
    Perfection.
  88. jimmyb
    Apr 11, 2008
    This is an amazing game with enough varied and cleverly thought-out content to keep many gamers happy for a considerable amount of time.
  89. FredericoF.
    Apr 13, 2008
    This game is just impressive how it had to be. We have to be happy that we are living this year to play it at its release, because in 10 years we will be calling it of a classic that anybody will NEVER forget.
  90. JeremiahO.
    Apr 18, 2008
    Great game, could not put down the Wiimote. Not the greatest 2nd player setup but the GF enjoyed helping me find stars and what not. Now that it's been a few months I might go back and play it through with Luigi on my new 42" plasma.
  91. BowserK.
    May 11, 2008
    This game is awesome on so many levels, it's not even funny! Those who are saying "It's not that great", and especially those who are trying to claim that it sucks, have no idea what they're talking about.
  92. JoshS.
    May 23, 2008
    Loved the game. It was amazing and I really couldn't see anything wrong with it except the change in control when you go upside down and stuff.
  93. DylanS.
    May 4, 2008
    Nintendo did the smart thing - They noticed that a lot of people enjoyed the original Super Mario 64, and so basically remade it with a new story and better graphics. They included many of the attributes they loved about the previous Mario game, such as the aspect of flying for example. It also goes to show many people that Mario's still the king of Video Games and no time soon will Nintendo did the smart thing - They noticed that a lot of people enjoyed the original Super Mario 64, and so basically remade it with a new story and better graphics. They included many of the attributes they loved about the previous Mario game, such as the aspect of flying for example. It also goes to show many people that Mario's still the king of Video Games and no time soon will he be dethroned in the Video Game world. Expand
  94. SpenserW.
    May 9, 2008
    Simply put, this is the greatest game to come out in 2007. It has great graphics, an amazing new twist on the platforming genre, and a musical score that will judge all Nintendo games from this point on. A phenomenal game in every respect, and the only one that I have consistently gone back to play after I have beaten it.
  95. MattDa.
    Jun 1, 2008
    Amazing well designed and totally enjoyable from start to finish. It mat fairly simple to get to 60 stars but to complete it to 120 stars will test anyone, yet even at it's difficulties it's still hugely enjoyable.
  96. Eded
    Jun 8, 2008
    Best Game Ever Created in the History of Man kind.
  97. D::D
    Nov 2, 2009
    apparently trolls don't know that MARIO isnt EVEN SUPPOSE TO HAVE A DAM SToryline how retarded can they be seriously people play mario for the gameplay. Well no duh its targeted for kids its not for hardcore fanatics
  98. DarPower1
    Nov 20, 2009
    i dont understand what people are talking about when they say that graphics are like gamecube. apparently not, compare ssbm to ssbb especially in scenic graphics and they'll understand how stupid they are. the atmospher of the plannets with the nice warm happy like style of the mini plannets especially at the gate level, the graphics are superb . i feel like people dont understand i dont understand what people are talking about when they say that graphics are like gamecube. apparently not, compare ssbm to ssbb especially in scenic graphics and they'll understand how stupid they are. the atmospher of the plannets with the nice warm happy like style of the mini plannets especially at the gate level, the graphics are superb . i feel like people dont understand that nintendo isnt trying to be realistic because if mario was on PS3 or FAILbox they will see how ugly that would look. the nice colors and non violent feeling (coming from a bond,Matrix,superman fan) makes the whole game dumb and halo 1-3 are overrated and copied Metroid for those fanatics that like FAILbox. Expand
  99. BenD
    Mar 16, 2009
    Improves upon the formula in almost every way. The control scheme has been simplified, which sounds bad, but in reality, it gets rid of the extra attacks like punching and sliding that were rarely used anyway. The new attacks, spin jumps and shooting stars at foes with the WiiMote, work great and you'll find yourself using them more often than you'd think. Most of the stages Improves upon the formula in almost every way. The control scheme has been simplified, which sounds bad, but in reality, it gets rid of the extra attacks like punching and sliding that were rarely used anyway. The new attacks, spin jumps and shooting stars at foes with the WiiMote, work great and you'll find yourself using them more often than you'd think. Most of the stages feel more 2-dimensional in nature, giving the game a classic feel, but there are still a good number of stages that allow for more free roaming. There are a few moments, such as a few puzzles, that feel out of place in a Mario game, but they're fun, nonetheless. The gravity feature could be considered a mere gimmick by some, but even then, it's such a fun one, you'll hardly care. Even in more linear stages, you'll find yourself messing around and wasting time just because it's fun. The boss battles are great, but some feel too easy. In fact, the game on the whole isn't too difficult - that is, until you delve into the special missions that put fresh spins on already completed levels. Was that one boss too easy? Try beating him without getting hit once. The level of challenge also feels much more fair and balanced - unlike in the other two games, where I always found one or two stars that were insanely hard, but for all the wrong reasons. The graphics are great and really help set the mood for the area you're in. They're always colorful, and help make locales feel alive. The camera is one of the best automated ones I've seen, although it's still cumbersome at times. One feature of the game that cannot be overstated is the music. It's mostly orchestrated, and it's all amazing. A few times it feels a little overdramatic (yeah, it's a Bowser battle, but do we really need the choir?), but it fits in well. The story is... well, it's Mario. Who the heck cares? For what it's worth, though, the story is a little more detailed. Overall, I can't see why people dislike this game. There are times when I read reviews and I think "I disagree with your low score, but I understand it." But with SMG, I can't find a major fault in the whole experience. Unless you hate fun, in which case, this game is the bane of your existance. Expand
  100. ThierryK
    Jun 23, 2009
    Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube was a great game, but it lacked a bit of that "old Mario magic" which made Super Mario 64 a timeless classic. Now comes Super Mario Galaxy, and the magic is back. All the important things about the game's perfected controls and audiovisual representation has been told, but what truly makes this game a classic of the ages, is the combination of Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube was a great game, but it lacked a bit of that "old Mario magic" which made Super Mario 64 a timeless classic. Now comes Super Mario Galaxy, and the magic is back. All the important things about the game's perfected controls and audiovisual representation has been told, but what truly makes this game a classic of the ages, is the combination of everything that happens in the players FEELINGS when playing it. This is what only a few games can achieve, and the mediocre disney- type fooling around Ratchet & Clank is really not among those, even it is basically a "good" game. With Super Mario galaxy, only three games has affected my feelings such a way: Zelda: Ocarina of time and Twilight princess, and Final Fantasy VII. To be in league with these magnificent games speaks for itself: Mario's adventure in space is one of the best games ever made. Expand

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.