Super Paper Mario Wii

7.9

1. KurtizW.
    May 29, 2007
    Simple smooth clean colorful graphic with original 2D -> 3D concept...I love the slight RPG and puzzle solving element of the game...by far my fav Wii game for now!
  2. Apr 1, 2016
    A great game with a great art style. Game play is ok, but story and writing are amazing. Bet you never expected a Mario title to be basically based on religion. 2D-3D concept is simple and presented well... but it shouldn't be a selling point for this almost-flawless Wii title.
  3. May 15, 2016
    Stunning. I must say one - this game actualy final awesomepart from Paper Mario series. Normal Graphis, cute platforming gameplay, and wonderful storyline. I think even Legend of Zelda not have so storyline, how Super Paper Mario. Actually this game stand in second place in my favorite Paper Mario games))
  4. AndrewL.
    Jan 14, 2009
    I knew when buying it it wasnt the gamecube/n64 style it used to be and i was still disappointed. fingers are still crossed for a new turn based paper mario on the wii, however the gameplay is surprisingly fun, its a shame its so short though! paper mario games are usually so long, for such a visually simple game it should definitely have been expanded, a LOT. i often wish i never traded I knew when buying it it wasnt the gamecube/n64 style it used to be and i was still disappointed. fingers are still crossed for a new turn based paper mario on the wii, however the gameplay is surprisingly fun, its a shame its so short though! paper mario games are usually so long, for such a visually simple game it should definitely have been expanded, a LOT. i often wish i never traded it back but unfortunately immediately after beating it i felt like id never touch it again. after all there is a LOT of story based on mystery to plow through, once you already know the big secret (which was obvious within the 2nd or 3rd chapter) its just a lot of boring chatter to skip through. still, the game is a nice one to keep, i sure wish it was still in my collection, just for funsies. Expand
  5. AaronC.
    Apr 15, 2007
    Stunning. I had to keep playing to find out what happens, not like FF7 where you didn't enjoy playing to find out, but you will be enjoying SPM.
  6. FojakV
    Apr 16, 2007
    Great game, innovative, engaging. The strory in the beginning is a bit slow. Decent graphics, good scheme control and continues the quality of any other Mario related games. Play it now !!
  7. JamalJ.
    Apr 17, 2007
    It rocks. Best game out for the Wii right now no question.
  8. May 25, 2011
    It's really too bad this game gets overlooked, because this game is among the best titles you'll get for Wii. Sure, it lacks the traditional Paper Mario RPG elements, but the unique press-a-button-to-turn-2D-into-3D gameplay is innovative and great. Knock-your-socks-off dialogue is great.
  9. Jul 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I feel we will never come across a game in general like super paper mario. going into some rooms thinking.... what? am i supposed to wait, but than realizing you have to flip into 3-D. and the final boss*spoiler alert* how dimentio just tries to kill count bleck is just awesome*spoilers end here*and i don't know which this game is.. more colorful or more dark? oh well but all in all, a great game. Expand
  10. Sep 30, 2012
    There are games like Super Paper Mario that are terribly misjudged, just because the game is a Action RPG-Platformer means that the game is going to have bad quality, in fact, the game is one of the best Wii games and RPG of this gen.

Let's start off with the gameplay, the factor that drew people away from the game, it is pretty good, despite not being the turn-based combat we all know and love, the platforming brings a breath of fresh air to the Paper Mario franchise, it may not be as good as the normal combat, but it is very fun and somewhat addictive, and the menu interface is overall pretty accesible and easy to use, the gameplay is overall good and fresh.

The presentation, menus are slick and the humor is again there just better than ever, the dialogue is pretty funny, combined with the great story that includes plot twists, emotional moments and GREAT villains, the presentation is of high standards.

The graphics, something i always liked about the Paper Mario franchise was the charming visual style it had, it's still there, the paper characters and very nice backgrounds in 2-D mode, in 3-D mode it still looks pretty nice just not as good as the 2-D mode because the backgrounds in 3-D mode are somewhat empty, overall the graphics are good.

The music, simply fantastic, this game has some of the most underrated soundtracks of any game, and the soundtrack is absolutlely FANTASTIC, the songs fit every situation, level or bosss battle perfectly, this is honestly one of the best soundtracks i´ve heard from any video game, as such, it's a fantastic soundtrack as i mentioned twice before.

The replay value is decent, there's some sidequests here and there and some above-average after game content to keep you playing some extra hours of this game, so you should not quit the game inmediately.

Overall Super Paper Mario is a greatly underrated title, and you should give the game a try, trust me, stop whining about the gameplay and play the game for what it is, a fresh Paper Mario with nostalgic 2-D sidescrolling elements, overall my score for the game is: 9.2
  11. Oct 20, 2013
    This is one of, if not the best Mario games out there. It combines 2D platforming and RPG elements well. Its dialogue is quite long but can be very funny and very well written. There is tons of collectibles, unique and interesting enemies and fun boss fights. A must-have for any Mario fan.
  12. Feb 13, 2016
    Those who dislike this game probably only played the first 1/2 chapters of the game. Granted, they are the weakest chapters in the game, but after that it really picks up. I mean, you get to go into space!
    The music, like most Nintendo games is brilliant. I can't think of a single Nintendo game off the top of my head with bad music.
    The story is incredible (especially for a Mario game):
    The story is incredible (especially for a Mario game): not just plain ol' cookie-cutter "Bowser kidnaps Peach: Mario save Peach". I'm looking at YOU, Sticker Star.
    The gameplay. Oh boy, the gameplay. It's a platformer, unlike the other Paper Mario series, with some RPG elements in it (level ups, increasing HP bar etc.). It's still as good as the other games, and it expands on the partner system: you get Pixls (the equivalent of partners), and different characters to play as (Mario, Peach, Bowser & Luigi). You're not stuck as one character and only one character the whole game. I'm looking at YOU, Sticker Star.
    In general, almost everything about this game is good. The only things I don't really like are the first two chapters and the fact that you don't get Luigi until near the end of the game, but that's pretty much it.
    I mean, you get to go into space!
  13. Mar 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's quite different from the original style, but surprisingly, it's my 2nd favorite.
    Instead of a RPG it's a platformer, but the story is even better than TTYD's. It's more emotional, and i bet some people cried at the ending. The story is brilliant, the creativity is extreme for this game, it's fantastic.
    While it's a platformer with "levels" on it, it has a leveling up system where your HP and POW will increase by time, so the original gameplay is not totally let down. And the fact that you can control 4 (Mario, Peach, Bowser and Luigi) different characters WITH a partner (Which you can select on the menu) and Tippi (Which is actually a partner too) is brilliant. And there are vital secrets which you need to find with the help of Tippi, or else you won't be able to progress trough the story.

As i said, it's my 2nd favorite Paper Mario game, but wait... Paper Mario was a RPG not a platformer, how can you consider that a Paper Mario game? Because of its charm, the charm that this game has makes it a Paper Mario game.
  14. Mar 22, 2015
    Unlike most, I played this game's successor Paper Mario: Sticker Star after this one. Thankfully, I found Super Paper Mario to be superior in almost every way.

Since this game is an RPG, it would naturally have an in-depth and engaging story (though Sticker Star begs to differ). SPM delivers with the best story in a Mario game to date, even if that's not too hard to beat. It has innovative gameplay as well. The switching from 2D to 3D mechanic never got old to me and it always opened up new puzzles and pathways.

Super Paper Mario's soundtrack may not be quite as memorable as Sticker Star's but it still holds up with its funky 8-bit like tunes. The Pixls in the game are pixelated fairies that each have specific abilities. One can grab things and one can search for invisible objects, adding a fresh take on the gameplay.

Overall, Super Paper Mario is definitely a game to pick up for your Wii (or Wii U) library. It's a polished game that I can easily recommend over Sticker Star.
  15. Mar 20, 2015
    This game is great. A good start for the Paper Mario Series if ya missed out on the N64 Version. The graphics are okay. The "3D" walking thing is good. The story is awesome. The characters and design were awesome. Super Paper Mario is a VERY great game but I have not played it in AGES.
  16. Jul 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really don't understand how one of the reviewers gave 0 points to this masterpiece. This game may not be a classic Paper Mario game, but overall the best Mario game there. The gameplay is amazing and fun, the humour is really good, and the best thing about this game is the best story to be ever told in a Mario game. It's a story about (SPOILERS) a person losing hope in life who doesn't see a sense in living anymore. It's a story about love and obsession. The final boss was very climatic and had a really good music. Expand
  17. Mar 12, 2016
    It has a nice new mechanic with the 2D to 3D switching and while it can be a little finicky it works well. I do not like how the turn based battles were removed and i feel that they really could have fit well as it brings it closer to generic Mario play style. Granted I loved how involved the Mario characters were in the plot, each one of them had a purpose. There were extremelyIt has a nice new mechanic with the 2D to 3D switching and while it can be a little finicky it works well. I do not like how the turn based battles were removed and i feel that they really could have fit well as it brings it closer to generic Mario play style. Granted I loved how involved the Mario characters were in the plot, each one of them had a purpose. There were extremely interesting villains, the love and betrayal in this game were so good. The reason that this game is not getting a 10 of 10 is because of the combat system becoming in world as compared to the last paper Mario, and maybe the lack of variety in locations. It was still good though and i have played through it a few times, so I would recommend it. Expand
  18. Mar 12, 2016
    While this wasn't quite as focused on exploration like TTYD, I loved this game. I thought the three d mechanic worked well for what it was trying to accomplish and add a good level of depth. My main complaint was that it felt too much like a regular Mario game with the 2d side scrolling. However, the game's story and powerful array of character really brought it to life and made the gameWhile this wasn't quite as focused on exploration like TTYD, I loved this game. I thought the three d mechanic worked well for what it was trying to accomplish and add a good level of depth. My main complaint was that it felt too much like a regular Mario game with the 2d side scrolling. However, the game's story and powerful array of character really brought it to life and made the game memorable. Expand
  19. Jun 12, 2016
    This game is one the best mario games that i have ever played. It has amazing puzzles and beatiful levels. Th3 thing that i liked the most is that it isn't like any of most of mario games. Specifically, the story is nothing like the classic one and the game is written very well. I enjoyed a lot this game and i believe that is one of the best out there for the wii console.
  20. Oct 16, 2012
    Here's my take on this game: The gameplay is fairly simple, but can get REALLY fun. I admit, it is a somewhat easy game, but that's not what compels you to keep playing. That's the story's job. This game has one of the most compelling stories I've ever seen in a video game, let alone a Mario game. It'll occasionally throw a curveball at you, be it a plot twist, character revelation, etc.Here's my take on this game: The gameplay is fairly simple, but can get REALLY fun. I admit, it is a somewhat easy game, but that's not what compels you to keep playing. That's the story's job. This game has one of the most compelling stories I've ever seen in a video game, let alone a Mario game. It'll occasionally throw a curveball at you, be it a plot twist, character revelation, etc. Despite being a Mario game, it can get surprisingly dark, especially in worlds 2, 5, and 6. Combined with beautiful artwork, good level design, and multiple ways of playing, this is a game that is an experience you won't want to miss. Unless you're, I don't know, a prick who hates creativity and a good story? Expand
  21. ForrestJ.
    Jul 16, 2009
    This game is the best game ever. I love how it's rpg but you don't have to take turns attacking and defending, you can attack and avoid way easier than other and it's hilarious and will keep bordome away. One said you could beat it in a weekend, well I think he's a video game addict and got very little extra's cause it's a long funny and game that I think is This game is the best game ever. I love how it's rpg but you don't have to take turns attacking and defending, you can attack and avoid way easier than other and it's hilarious and will keep bordome away. One said you could beat it in a weekend, well I think he's a video game addict and got very little extra's cause it's a long funny and game that I think is the best game ever. Expand
  22. Oct 26, 2012
    Hard game, good game like all Mario's games! A lot of time of play. Fantastic graphic! !
  23. Dec 12, 2011
    Another game I have yet to play, but I have seen the trailer and it does look fun. Better than the first 2 But of course I can't say until I've played it and know what it's truly like. But from reviews it seems fun.
  24. Nov 8, 2012
    This game certainly stands out in the Paper Mario series and even in the entire collection of available Wii games. If you liked the original and/or TTYD for it's RPG elements, this may or may not be a better game for you. Seeing as they changed most of the RPG elements (mostly the fighting style). Although, there is still a progressive story just like the first two. The biggest change,This game certainly stands out in the Paper Mario series and even in the entire collection of available Wii games. If you liked the original and/or TTYD for it's RPG elements, this may or may not be a better game for you. Seeing as they changed most of the RPG elements (mostly the fighting style). Although, there is still a progressive story just like the first two. The biggest change, like I already mentioned, is the battle system. Unlike the first two Paper Mario games, this one has no "getting into battle, choosing weapons" stuff. Basically, like most other Mario games, there is a simple way of defeating enemies. By stomping on them. Although, the game adds new features such as switching from a 2-D perspective to a 3-D perspective, which I found very unique. Pretty good graphics and pretty smooth gameplay included. In the end, the game might not be the best Paper Mario game in my opinion, but it certainly is worth a try, even if you are uncomfortable with the lack of RPG elements, because you might like it. I give it a 9/10. Expand
  25. Nov 29, 2012
    Super Paper Mario is a wildly original and innovative addition to the paper mario library. The gameplay is kept fresh by changing the style of play entirely. Instead of a turn based battle system, mario now traverses 2d environments with the ability to flip into 3d to solve puzzles and find new areas, and the battles are now real time. The story has once again been improved. This gameSuper Paper Mario is a wildly original and innovative addition to the paper mario library. The gameplay is kept fresh by changing the style of play entirely. Instead of a turn based battle system, mario now traverses 2d environments with the ability to flip into 3d to solve puzzles and find new areas, and the battles are now real time. The story has once again been improved. This game features one of the darkest and best stories of any mario game. Other notable additions, without spoiling anything, is the inclusion of playing as characters besides mario. The party members are back, but unfortunately they are given little roles besides puzzle solving and have little personality. Despite all of these changes, this game does not match the greatness of its two prequels. The story is slow at times, the dialogue lengthy, and the gameplay can get repetitive later on. However, although this cannot compare to the near perfection of its two prequels, super paper mario is a great, fresh game that changes up the paper mario formula. Expand
  26. BlockHR
    Apr 10, 2007
    Once you get past the cutesiness and skip some of the admittedly stupid story scenes (although there are random LOLs in there) the gameplay is cracking, the effects are fresh and it makes perfect use of the wiimote (i.e. doesn't force it on you, just accentuates gameplay). great if you are going to explode before galaxy comes out. if you liked paper mario AT ALL this is by far the Once you get past the cutesiness and skip some of the admittedly stupid story scenes (although there are random LOLs in there) the gameplay is cracking, the effects are fresh and it makes perfect use of the wiimote (i.e. doesn't force it on you, just accentuates gameplay). great if you are going to explode before galaxy comes out. if you liked paper mario AT ALL this is by far the best wii game to come out yet Expand
  27. SamJ.
    Apr 21, 2007
    This game just has great gameplay. Two thumbs up!
  28. GregK.
    Jul 12, 2007
    Another Nintendo classic. An interesting blend of platforming and rpg. I have to disagree with some of the others, the level design is excellent. Switching between 2d and 3d is a brilliant innovation. I just wish you could do it with more than just Mario. All in all a must have for wii owners and Mario fans alike.
  29. AnonymousMC
    Jul 15, 2007
    A brilliant game which, like the others in the series, I aim to beat multiple times. So far, its a a hard choice between this and Twilight Princess for the best game on the Wii so far. This game rocks! From its poor, yet, somehow, hilarious puns, to stunning art nouveau visuals ( Look at the trees ^^), joined with innovative yet simple gameplay design! I love it!
  30. Ian
    Sep 4, 2007
    A great game. It plays like the super mario bros of old but has rpg elements like the older paper mario games. its really enjoyable. and I actually like the dialogue which is really funny (although it did stretch on). the problem is that the game, although fun, is far too easy for hardcore gamers to last more then a weak and a half and the game was originally for the gamecube, so it A great game. It plays like the super mario bros of old but has rpg elements like the older paper mario games. its really enjoyable. and I actually like the dialogue which is really funny (although it did stretch on). the problem is that the game, although fun, is far too easy for hardcore gamers to last more then a weak and a half and the game was originally for the gamecube, so it didn't really fully take advantage of the wii's motion features. Expand
  31. JulianA.
    May 4, 2008
    Awesome game. I love the way you can switch between 2-D and 3-D. I also love the creepiness of the Void, and the switch blocks. It has so many cool features and levels, I love it!
  32. WayneKerr
    Apr 10, 2009
    i like all mario games
    this one had way too much dialogue but everything else is fun. the ending was annoying but apparently you can get tippi back by collecting all the catch cards. then you get a pixl who takes you to where tippi and count bleck are. Im trying it now :)
  33. JoshC.
    Oct 19, 2007
    I picked this up cheap (£20) because it was on offer. I would happily have paid almost double that. The gameplay, graphics, story (what i've seen of it) and concept are all superb. And above all else, this a game that is just so gleeful in what it does it's impossible not to love it, I waited to pick it up because i was unsure of what to expect, I shouldn't have and I picked this up cheap (£20) because it was on offer. I would happily have paid almost double that. The gameplay, graphics, story (what i've seen of it) and concept are all superb. And above all else, this a game that is just so gleeful in what it does it's impossible not to love it, I waited to pick it up because i was unsure of what to expect, I shouldn't have and neither should anyone else. Expand
  34. TomP.
    Apr 16, 2007
    Really fun game. One of the best on the Wii. If you love the gameplay of the older mario games, you should check this one out.
  35. MikeK.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Great old school gameplay. Tons of unskippable text and repetitive fetch quests keep it from being perfect.
  36. KevinC.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Great game. In my oppinion, out of all of the Wii games so far, it is only bested by Zelda (and maybe Wii Sports, but that's a different genre all-together). It is fun and addicting. My only comlaint is that at times the dialogue gets a little long-winded.
  37. KDep
    Apr 24, 2007
    Why are you reading this? You're wasting valuable SPM playing time... Seriously it's that good. I can't recommend this game enough, especially coming from an old NES fan. There's a lot of nostalgia in this game for the older gamers and lots of new and fun stuff as well. Music is great, learning curve is excellent and the game is funny and exciting. Go and get it - NOW!
  38. TroyB.
    Apr 6, 2007
    This is the best Paper Mario game yet, and a very unique game incorporating so many different elements from very different but equally classic genres, making it an instant classic in my opinion. Easily the sleeper hit of the season!
  39. AshleyA.
    May 22, 2007
    Excellent and so much mario and friends fun, the pixls are awesome too! best wii game i have played yet..
  40. JoeB.
    May 6, 2007
    this is a fun and exciting game. there is alot of talking at some parts but still a nessesity for your wii
  41. Lolrandomname
    Jun 15, 2007
    Awesome game! Yes, it's a bit slow in parts, but most of it was fun. And there is admittedly maybe a BIT too much text, but most of it is funny. Simply an awesome game, with a nice mix of rpg and platforming elements. Btw, to the people scoring this low: "I like going online and complaining about games I haven't played."
  42. NathanB.
    Jun 17, 2007
    This first world is a little boring, and there is too much talking throughout- but overall it is a breath of life into a world platform games that continue to use the same formulas. With game play that lasts nearly 30 hours, and tons of side projects- you won't be disappointed.
  43. ScottH.
    Jun 20, 2007
    Gameplay is solid but switching between characters is interuptive.
  44. JesseS.
    Jun 4, 2007
    Not perfect, but a lot of fun. Great level design. Occasionally a bit wordy. And, yeah, there are a few parts that seem needlessly repetitive (Hamster wheel and "please" task, I'm looking at you). But, overall, we've had a blast playing it.
  45. KenA.
    Jul 17, 2007
    The game is fun for the right player, just like any other game out there. For those that are complaining about it, you likely didn't research the game before buying it. That's your fault, not NIntendos.
  46. ZackeryM.
    Jul 5, 2007
    This game has an exelent plot and it's fun, Ive beat it 7 times.
  47. DanW.
    Aug 8, 2007
    This is easily one of the best offerings for the Wii. The art is amazing, the story will keep you interested, and the gameplay is addictive and completely original. I will admit that a few of the stages are tedious and you should certainly be allowed to skip dialogue if you wish, but most of the stages are excellently designed and the dialogue is hilarious so you should only really wish This is easily one of the best offerings for the Wii. The art is amazing, the story will keep you interested, and the gameplay is addictive and completely original. I will admit that a few of the stages are tedious and you should certainly be allowed to skip dialogue if you wish, but most of the stages are excellently designed and the dialogue is hilarious so you should only really wish to skip it if you are replaying a section of the game. The RPG elements are toned down from previous entries in the series especially compared to Super Mario RPG from which the idea for the series originated. Most people will not complain about this due to the fact that RPGs are more of a niche genre, but it will be somewhat dissapointing to those fans who have followed the series from the beginning. Expand
  48. Bowie
    Sep 23, 2007
    Sheer, sheer brilliance! What a worthy way to while away a whole week! I couldn't decide between 9 and 10, but since fellow reviewer Marty M. (3/10) hasn't ACTUALLY played the game (his description shows he didn't even make it to the third Pure Heart -- there IS ground-pounding in this game!), I thought I'd balance his inaccurate grading by giving Super Paper Mario a Sheer, sheer brilliance! What a worthy way to while away a whole week! I couldn't decide between 9 and 10, but since fellow reviewer Marty M. (3/10) hasn't ACTUALLY played the game (his description shows he didn't even make it to the third Pure Heart -- there IS ground-pounding in this game!), I thought I'd balance his inaccurate grading by giving Super Paper Mario a full 10. It deserves it through and through, though. Thoroughly engrossing adventure. Expand
  49. VechaK.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Really loved this game. those who complain about it having 'too many' rpg elements...why are you playing this game? Stick to the traditional mario for you 'fast paced' action while those of us who enjoy at least a little story in our game enjoy the game for what it is...Mario with RPG elements. Even My girlfriend who doesn't like rpgs enjoyed this game. So Really loved this game. those who complain about it having 'too many' rpg elements...why are you playing this game? Stick to the traditional mario for you 'fast paced' action while those of us who enjoy at least a little story in our game enjoy the game for what it is...Mario with RPG elements. Even My girlfriend who doesn't like rpgs enjoyed this game. So don't see the problem with those who think the rpg elements found in this game are so horrible. 10 for rpg/mario fans 5 for Traditional Mario fans. Collapse
  50. RyanO.
    Jan 22, 2008
    Great game, good retro feel. Tricky puzzles to figure out. an My 9 year old loves it Was never that big fan of mario but this has changed it around Flippin fantastic.
  51. SkyeL.
    Apr 17, 2008
    The game is simply amazing there is nothing about I don't like. I love the story line and how you can flip from 2-D to 3-D and how you can play peach and bowser and so much more. Nintendo I give you a whole ten this is your best game ever.
  52. JoshS.
    May 23, 2008
    Great game. The story was pretty good and the gameplay was unique(if it wasn't, then it was to me). The only problem was that some places were too simple and the bosses were easy if you had the right item. It WASN'T as good as Paper Mario 2.
  53. ScottM.
    Oct 13, 2009
    Alright, lets face it, Super Paper Mario is a great game. But the thing about it is that it doesn't have the RPG battling style like the two previous Paper Mario games did. But it really wasn't all that bad. Like the previous Paper Mario games, you can complete it in less than 24 hours. The story is Fantastic. Especially the chemistry between Timpani and Blumiere. And the fact Alright, lets face it, Super Paper Mario is a great game. But the thing about it is that it doesn't have the RPG battling style like the two previous Paper Mario games did. But it really wasn't all that bad. Like the previous Paper Mario games, you can complete it in less than 24 hours. The story is Fantastic. Especially the chemistry between Timpani and Blumiere. And the fact that Count Bleck really wasn't all that evil, it was just his past that made him think that way. And they put enough detail about that by doing something a little less noticable: The fact that Count Bleck never Punished his minions. The worst thing was probably when O'Chunks had to sing that song 1,000 times, but it was Nastasia that issued that punishment, not the Count. As for partners, you have the pixls. At first they're pretty cool, but then you start to miss the original partners like the goombas, koopas, etc. Another problem is when you start to travel to Flopside. Its not that bad, but its like, first you come out of the door on the to of Flipside Tower, then you go down two floors, then you go throught the Mirror Hall, then you get to Flopside. The you go to wherever the Heart Pillar is, then the door opens back where you started, so you have to retrace your steps. I believe that starts in Chapter 5. So for three chapters, you have to do that. So much dialogue, but if your used to the other games in the series, you should be fine. Some of the stuff that they say is actually pretty funny. I decide to rate this an 8. Expand
  54. TitaniumDragon
    Jan 26, 2009
    A solid platformer, calling it an RPG would be strange. It isn't an RPG in any sense. It is a platformer, and a pretty decent one; the 2D-3D flip is pretty cool, and the Pixls add in some neat elements for interacting with levels. The game, while fun, has its flaws. Firstly, it is far too easy. I know the standards for difficulty have dropped, but the game is much too easy and really A solid platformer, calling it an RPG would be strange. It isn't an RPG in any sense. It is a platformer, and a pretty decent one; the 2D-3D flip is pretty cool, and the Pixls add in some neat elements for interacting with levels. The game, while fun, has its flaws. Firstly, it is far too easy. I know the standards for difficulty have dropped, but the game is much too easy and really needed its difficulty cranked up a couple notches, as you really would be hard-pressed to die given the amount of coins and healing items the game rains upon you like manna from heaven. There are other segments where you have to spend good portions of time backtracking, which is always boring. Secondly, there are parts where there is some monotony. World two has a section where you have to run in a hampster wheel for about five minutes to get some money to escape from an area. Any time I go to get some rubber bands to hold down one button on my controller and go do something else, the game has failed. Its really unfun and there's nothing necessary about the sequence; had it taken thirty seconds (or been a cutscene with text) it would have been fine, but it wasn't and it really just felt awful and immersion breaking (not to mention monotonous). Thirdly, the game has some secrets with no real "giveaways". The only way to find some secrets is to jump down every single hole in the entire game (which I'm doing). While you have so many HP it doesn't really matter, its a bit of stupid tedium which could have been easily done away with by using the actual useful Wiimote function (pointing at the screen) reveal that, hey, that hole is a secret! Fourth, the Wiimote felt pretty tacked on. Pointing was a fine mechanic, but shaking the Wiimote was just stupid. The story is pretty funny, which really does help out the game; it wouldn't be this high if the story wasn't as amusing as it is. Overall, a solid game, but marred by some amount of tedium and monotony. Expand
  55. SM
    Feb 12, 2009
    The 3rd game in the Paper Mario series is easily the most unique Mario gme there is. This game has enough side stuff to make the game fun. The uniqness of this game is very original witht things such as evil luigi and the fact that mario gets blown up!
  56. BrendanS.
    Dec 16, 2007
    This game is a good brain teaser. It really gets you thinking and with 3D AND 2D, well, you can't get much better than that!
  57. PaulD.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Unlike the original Paper Mario, for the N64, this is more of a platformer than rpg. That either can be a good thing or not depending on your disposition. Personally, I found the mixture of elements entertaining, even though I crave a real wii rpg experience. The characters and story were funny and kept me interested enough to play till the end credits. Francis the nerdy chameleon is Unlike the original Paper Mario, for the N64, this is more of a platformer than rpg. That either can be a good thing or not depending on your disposition. Personally, I found the mixture of elements entertaining, even though I crave a real wii rpg experience. The characters and story were funny and kept me interested enough to play till the end credits. Francis the nerdy chameleon is unforgettable! The artwork was charming and is a nice departure from the all-polygon formula. The only drawback is that you can beat this game in a weekend, which is too short for the moolah. Expand
  58. SarahK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    I like this game because you get into all different levels and you can flip in 3-D. You can find Princess Peach. It's really fun.
  59. WallyF.
    Apr 13, 2007
    I'm just over ten hours into this game. It is everthing I hoped it would be, and then some. It's funny... the GameDaily review says that the 2D->3D switching makes the game too easy. Quite the opposite. The player is forced to remember where everything is in the level and how that switch will effect various elements. (For example, a shell that, in 2D mode, bounces back and forth I'm just over ten hours into this game. It is everthing I hoped it would be, and then some. It's funny... the GameDaily review says that the 2D->3D switching makes the game too easy. Quite the opposite. The player is forced to remember where everything is in the level and how that switch will effect various elements. (For example, a shell that, in 2D mode, bounces back and forth between two barriers suddenly runs the entire length of the level when you switch to 3D.) The paradigm switches often have a head-trip feel to them. The only thing that keeps this from being a "10" to me is the dialogue. It's hilarious (just wait till you meet Count Bleck!), but there's entirely too much of it. At the beginning of the game, you have to wade through what feels like 20 minutes of cut-scenes just to start playing. And you don't want to quickly skip through any of it, because as I said, it's very endearing dialogue. Expand
  60. KareemA.
    Apr 13, 2007
    I can simply say that this is the best Wii game after The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's a must get title... Buy one...Buy them all...*echoes*
  61. KenH.
    Apr 25, 2007
    Amazing game! A breath of fresh air to the 2d gaming world. We need more games like this on all consoles.
    May 15, 2007
    Best...level...design...EVER! i've never played a mario platformer before {sue me}, so i didn't really have a standard for judgement, but my god, the levels are designed so FREAK'n well it's crazy. The 2d 3d parts can be so brilliant in some parts. The vertical tree level was especially amazing.
  63. AdamO.
    Aug 31, 2007
    It's been a long time since we got a Paper Mario game. Finally, the wait is over. If you're expecting an expansive RPG experience, this game isn't for you. But if you're in the mood for some top-notch platforming, then come along and play this great game. With past Paper Mario games, there was tons of humor and dialogue, and Intelligent Systems delivers. A little too It's been a long time since we got a Paper Mario game. Finally, the wait is over. If you're expecting an expansive RPG experience, this game isn't for you. But if you're in the mood for some top-notch platforming, then come along and play this great game. With past Paper Mario games, there was tons of humor and dialogue, and Intelligent Systems delivers. A little too much dialogue hurts though. That's the biggest problem with this game, but let's get to the positives. The gameplay is reminiscent of classic Mario games, and the ability to play as Bowser, Peach, and Luigi, with the use of "pixls", revolutionizes this classic fun. However, the biggest change is the ability to change from 2-D to 3-D, which is always fun and stays fresh. While the game isn't that hard (none of the past titles were either), you'll likely want to try and get through the Pit of 100 trials, and get catch cards. Replay value and loads of dialogue are the games biggest problems, but otherwise the game is a mind-blowing take on the classic Mario formula, and the game makes you laugh out loud. Easily one the best games on Wii. Expand
  64. NoahC.
    Oct 14, 2008
    This is one of those games that I thought I would hate but I absolutely love Super Paper Mario the only negative is that it has little to no replay value.
  65. Katieg
    Jun 22, 2008
    Reaallllly a relief after Paper Mario 2. That was a load of crap. SPM isn't quite as good as the first one, but the way they mapped it all out looks nice. A few of the classic moves are missing from your immediate use, but usually a pixl or switching characters does the same thing. There are a lot of different things, some parts that are a bit tricky [I had to use a walkthrough in, Reaallllly a relief after Paper Mario 2. That was a load of crap. SPM isn't quite as good as the first one, but the way they mapped it all out looks nice. A few of the classic moves are missing from your immediate use, but usually a pixl or switching characters does the same thing. There are a lot of different things, some parts that are a bit tricky [I had to use a walkthrough in, what is it, 8-2? Where you have to move the pipe] But overall it's a very entertaining game. Expand
  66. Chris
    Jun 23, 2008
    Good game and great new concept. I liked the creativity of the 2D to 3D and it was used well, but wasn't near as good as Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
  67. MellieH
    Jul 22, 2008
    This is a great game I would recomend it to ages between 6-14 because you have to be able to read and I haven't olayed any of the other Mario Bros. games, but compared to my other wii games this one is one of my favorite.
  68. DanielK.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I have just played the game all the way through and I love it. There is way more depth to it than I thought there would be. Hidden Jokes, Easter Eggs. I have never seen a sequel completely change from the previous games, and even more than that pull it off to where it is even better. Content: 10, Creativity: 10, Visual 10
  69. RoverT.
    Dec 27, 2008
    A very good game. The large amount of strategy and puzzles involved prevent it from being too easy. A great story line that doesn't let you stop without finding out what happens. The only drawbacks are that it doesn't use the Wii's motion senor to it's fullest and the cut away scenes last quite long.
  70. Nov 13, 2011
    The Paper Mario series has long been the benchmark of video game creativity. the 2D to 3D puzzles in Super Paper Mario are sometimes pure devious, the music is among the most catchy ever, it plays like a dream, and although it's not at good as it's GameCube cousin, it is easily one of the best Wii games that will ever be made.
  71. Oct 18, 2010
    I have to be honest; the plot is better than Super Mario Galaxy. Although it's quite repetitive and get's a bit boring after a while, that didn't stop me from finishing the game from beginning to end. Even though it's pretty good, that doesn't explain some of the confusion you may have in the game, but it does not really hurt it too much.
  72. Nov 9, 2010
    I Love this game, when it comes the the entire series, i just cannot get enough of it.
    i know the whole Paper mario 64 inside out and now i know this one well as well tho i think it should have stayed turn based it was well seeing mario... well turn super
    this was a good callaboration with new and old
    Nice job "Intelligent Systems"!!!
  73. Apr 17, 2011
    I did enjoy the game, quite a lot, but I have played and beaten both the original Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door and I much say they were much better. Better story, combat, depth and replay value. They dropped the really nice action command RPG game-play and replaced it with a fairly oversimplified action game. The 2D - 3D element was fairly cool but became too predictable and didn'tI did enjoy the game, quite a lot, but I have played and beaten both the original Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door and I much say they were much better. Better story, combat, depth and replay value. They dropped the really nice action command RPG game-play and replaced it with a fairly oversimplified action game. The 2D - 3D element was fairly cool but became too predictable and didn't provide much proper challenge, but there were bits that did give me some good entertainment through some clever puzzles and interesting level designs and I have to say that it is a good game, just in hindsight I found myself thinking all the way through - this could've worked better as a continuation to TYD... now I'm not afraid of change, but there were elements of Thousand Year Door that could've been done better that they could have applied to this game. What instead we got was a good game - but really, feels like a missed opportunity to be a great game. Expand
  74. Jun 27, 2011
    Gameplay is very easy, but very varied. 2d/3d worlds are fun and controls very intuitive. There's a great variety of weapons, personalities, mini-games, and game mechanics. There are way more mysteries in the game for any one reasonable person to find in a play-through, and that makes trying new tactics in the game very fun. Dialogue is superior to most Wii games, fwiw - with plenty of witGameplay is very easy, but very varied. 2d/3d worlds are fun and controls very intuitive. There's a great variety of weapons, personalities, mini-games, and game mechanics. There are way more mysteries in the game for any one reasonable person to find in a play-through, and that makes trying new tactics in the game very fun. Dialogue is superior to most Wii games, fwiw - with plenty of wit and unexpected personality. Character depth should have been developed more, but there was enough to empathize with characters. Definitely agree with others on that "Hamster Wheel" section of the game -- and there are quite a few other examples of drawing the game out for no reason other than to frustrate the player and waste his/her time without enjoyment. Puzzles aren't too difficult, but sometimes needed objects are placed in bizarre areas forcing you to go through everything five times for a couple hours, then realize you needed to go further back in a way which doesn't seem to make sense. There's excellent variety to the atmospheres created in the game. Some parts of the game just feel unbalanced -- there are rewards for tediously hunting treasure, finding recipes, and playing mini-games, but they don't make any significant impact on gameplay, while spending an hour in a type of gladiator pit breaks the game, making the character uber-powerful. SPM has the typical Mario problem of pits which give no indication of if they're useful or not supposed to be jumped in -- a very bizarre skinner box technique. Overall, a very fun game, and the only Wii game of over ten which I actually played to the end. Expand
  75. Oct 4, 2011
    Super Paper Mario is an outstanding game but not quite up to the standards set by its two predecessors. The game's charming visuals are beautiful and colorful but not nearly as impressive as Paper Mario The Thousand year Door for GameCube, and the game's 3-D sections aren't really all that impressive either. The audio is wonderful, cheesy video game sound effects, and wonderful fittingSuper Paper Mario is an outstanding game but not quite up to the standards set by its two predecessors. The game's charming visuals are beautiful and colorful but not nearly as impressive as Paper Mario The Thousand year Door for GameCube, and the game's 3-D sections aren't really all that impressive either. The audio is wonderful, cheesy video game sound effects, and wonderful fitting music. The game is a good length, but could've been longer, and thankfully has tons of sidequests to perform. The gameplay isn't nearly as good as the other Paper Mario games and actually completely different. Super Paper Mario focuses on platforming rather than RPG, and therefore loses some of the Paper Mario charm. Turn based battles are missed and take away from the game's gameplay. The story is great and will keep you into the game for quite a while. Super Paper Mario may not be as good as the two games that started the franchise, but it is still a must buy. Plus, the box art is simply amazing!

Pros: Fantastic audio, colorful graphics, engaging story, good length, good level designs
    Cons: No turn based battles, partners aren't fun, 2D to 3D is creative, but falls flat

Total Score: 9.0
  76. Jul 11, 2012
    I was disappointed at the lack of the previous paper mario combat style but the familiar mario 2D style was interesting. compared to previous Mario rpg's the story isn't that great, while good it didn't live up to Paper mario: The thousand year door. overall it's a good game, and a great addition to the wii's library.
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    Super Paper Mario features slightly faster and different gameplay than the previous Paper Mario games That is not a bad thing at all. It is not turn based like the others, , and the graphics look great.
  78. Mar 4, 2013
    One of my all time favorites. Great level design, nice story, cool and engaging gameplay. Best mario game since super mario world in my opinion, despite being text heavy, and certainly the best of the series.
  79. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is a brilliant platformer puzzler game that should be looked and bought by all Mario and RPG fans. SPM has left the common formula of the PERFECT Paper Mario Turn Based Battles, and has gone a new route, a new experiment. The story mode of this game is roughly 30-35 hours, excluding other things you can do afterwards (100ahemtrials). It does a good job of mixing an NSMB game withThis game is a brilliant platformer puzzler game that should be looked and bought by all Mario and RPG fans. SPM has left the common formula of the PERFECT Paper Mario Turn Based Battles, and has gone a new route, a new experiment. The story mode of this game is roughly 30-35 hours, excluding other things you can do afterwards (100ahemtrials). It does a good job of mixing an NSMB game with the wonderful charm of Paper Mario. The puzzles can really make you think, and the story being the deepest of the four paper marios. The text may be a bother to skip through, but reading it carefully will engulf you in the story and make you understand it more. Most people here are giving bad ratings because they don't take the time to read it enough, or they just don't like changes. I recommend this to all RPG and Mario fans for the wii! Brilliant game!

Gameplay: 9/10
    Story: 9.5/10
    Music: 9.5/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Length: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10
  80. Jun 28, 2013
    Super Paper Mario is a very original game! The gameplay is incredibly unique, there are lots of fun characters, the art style is cute, and it's challenging, but not so challenging that you never are able to finish it. A heavily recommended game!
  81. Nov 9, 2013
    Most of the Mario games out there have the basic storyline: Peach has been kidnapped by Bowser, and Mario must save her. While that's the standard story, the Paper Mario series strays from that path and takes on its own story.
    This is the only Paper Mario game I've played, so it'll be reviewed as an individual game rather than a sequel.
    The story of this game is that an evil sorcerer

The story of this game is that an evil sorcerer named Count Bleck has used to the powers of the Chaos Heart to open a void in the dimensions that would soon destroy all worlds. Mario, with the help of a butterfly named Tippi, must find all of the Pure Hearts to cancel out the Chaos Heart. While you're playing the game, there'll be little cutscenes that are nothing but texts on a black screen. These scenes narrate a tragic love story and actually play a big part in the overall conclusion. Throughout the game, there are many humorous scenes and events that actually make me laugh out loud. At the same time, there are moments that shock me, and some that even make me want to cry. Most Mario games are unoriginal with their stories, but this one is truly deep, worthy of a novel.

In Super Paper Mario, you go through the side-scrolling 2-D world. There is a twist though: you get to flip it to 3-D and see the world in that perspective. There are limits to the ability, but. it contributes to the puzzle solving aspect of this game. Another factor in the puzzle solving of the game are little helpers called Pixls. You find a few of these little fairy-type creatures and they all have their own power, including making you super thin, allowing you to float over surfaces, and one being a giant hammer. There are other powers and if you're ever having trouble, all of these unique personalities might help you in your troubles. Also, you don't just get to play as Mario, but Peach, Luigi, and even Bowser. You can switch over from one to the other if ever the puzzle calls for it as each of them has their own unique ability as well.

I must make it clear that in order to play this game, you must have a certain level of patience. This is a twenty hour game and about four of those hours can be you figuring out where you're supposed to go and what you're supposed to do, wandering around blindly and hoping that you'll stumble across the answer. When you do find the answer though, it makes you feel very satisfied with your problem solving skills. And in the 3-D world, while it's cool that you can do that, it's not very detailed. It feels like a barren wasteland and it doesn't do much for me. In fact, there were some parts of the game that seemed to be put there just to consume your time.

While it's a puzzle solving game, it's also an RPG where defeating enemies levels you up, giving you more life and more strength. You can buy items or pick them up from place to place, all serving their special purpose such as healing you or making you more powerful for a certain amount of time. The mechanics of this particular RPG are simple but it's presented very well.

The soundtrack of this game is wonderful in my opinion. Like I said, you might be spending hours on end finding out where you're supposed to go. That's what happened to me. And the soundtrack made it bearable, with some worlds having a jumpy, distorted but cheerful sounding tone, and others having a grand orchestral arrangement set up. All of it, even the boss fights, sets the mood of each world wonderfully and I don't have any complaints.

It's not the very best Mario game I've played, but it's certainly up there. If you have patience for running around and wasting your time on trivial activities, I say pick this game up. It has a beautiful story and nice (even if flawed) gameplay mechanic.
  82. Jun 27, 2014
    I've never liked RPGs, and I still don't. So when I played this game, I was happy to se that it was a platformer, but with a storyline of an RPG, and even the leveling ups. Which really makes the game "deeper" if you really want to say that. Anyways, you can get these things called Pixls, and they can do things ranging from protecting you from spikes, giving you a hammer, making you goI've never liked RPGs, and I still don't. So when I played this game, I was happy to se that it was a platformer, but with a storyline of an RPG, and even the leveling ups. Which really makes the game "deeper" if you really want to say that. Anyways, you can get these things called Pixls, and they can do things ranging from protecting you from spikes, giving you a hammer, making you go faster & ect... Which really makes backtracking a joy, because you can use these abilities never seen before in that level, sometimes its mandatory, which, isn't as bad as you think. Expand
  83. Jan 14, 2014
    Most people think that Paper Mario isn't as good as other Mario games- but it is that good! People should try it! It's a really good good game. He looks really small and he doesn't get big when he gets a mushroom, he just gets more points. You have to fight Count Bleck at the very end. That's the part I'm in fact right now stuck on.

jonah age 5
  84. May 4, 2015
    Overall, it's an enjoyable game. Super Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door on Gamecube, however, is my preference.
    This game does indeed have its charms though and it is well-made overall; however, it does have its flaws. I have to say, one of the most annoying things for me is how it keeps making a beeping sound when you're on low health.
  85. Feb 9, 2014
    I Absolutely LOVE this game! horrible graphics but yet the best game ever! I like the fact that Mario is 2d and totally paper like! I got stuck on one crappy level... but its okay. my Mario love!
  86. Apr 2, 2014
    Be prepared as you jump into this game, because if you were a fan of the first two Paper Mario games and you bought this game without looking at any gameplay already and expect it to have the gameplay of the first two games, you will be severely disappointed. For Super Paper Mario has a totally new style of gameplay that I know has made many Paper Mario fans enraged. For the gameplay isBe prepared as you jump into this game, because if you were a fan of the first two Paper Mario games and you bought this game without looking at any gameplay already and expect it to have the gameplay of the first two games, you will be severely disappointed. For Super Paper Mario has a totally new style of gameplay that I know has made many Paper Mario fans enraged. For the gameplay is now mostly sidescrolling with no turn-based battling but gameplay controls of like a traditional side-scroller Mario game; however there are still a few RPG elements still present, the game still has shops and HP and some other things and it's even as long as a typically RPG and it also has a very sophisticated story. Speaking of the story, the story in this game is amazing, I won't spoil anything, but this game has a very well written story, it even has some pretty dark themes even for a typical "E for Everyone" Mario game; not to mention, the ending ties the story well together and is even a bit of a tear jerker. Overall Super Paper Mario is sure to disappoint Paper Mario fans, but if you treat it like an individual Mario game, you will find that Super Paper Mario is an excellent game! Another Wii game I'd recommend. Expand
  87. Jun 22, 2014
    It's really unfortunate that this game is so overlooked. To me, this game gets far too much hate. I think it's time for me to put in my two cents.. Most people's opinions on this game are sorely based on nostalgia. I guarantee if this game didn't have the title of "Paper Mario", everyone would've loved it. Because of the two previous games being masterpieces, it really raised expectationsIt's really unfortunate that this game is so overlooked. To me, this game gets far too much hate. I think it's time for me to put in my two cents.. Most people's opinions on this game are sorely based on nostalgia. I guarantee if this game didn't have the title of "Paper Mario", everyone would've loved it. Because of the two previous games being masterpieces, it really raised expectations for a sequel. I will say, though, my thoughts are different for Sticker Star. The idea seems forced. As if someone was like, "Paper... paper..... STICKERS!! Omfg genius"
    Anyway, Super Paper Mario, to me, is a brilliant game. It's awesome in it's own right. It has plenty of replay value. The story is amazing, and so is the dialogue. Yes, it is one of the easiest games I have ever played, but I had a blast playing it. I've played through it a considerable amount of times, and it has yet to get old.
    It's really fun trying to find all the secrets. One of my only complaints, is why do you have to go through Flopside's Pit of 100 Trials twice? XD and Chapter 6 is a bit boring :P
  88. Jul 16, 2014
    Super Paper Mario is a fun game. It has a great story and a awesome music track. For those of you who still haven't played this game yet, you are missing out in a perfect game.
  89. Jul 13, 2015
    This game is a step down from the original two, but not by much. Chapter 7 is the best chapter of the game. I would recommend this game to anybody who is a fan of the series.
  90. Nov 15, 2015
    Its a departure from the last but still enjoyable the music fits the areas perfectly the characters
    would have rated 10 if it wasnt for the NAVI butterfly thing
  91. Mar 23, 2015
    Simply fun, funny, cool and awesome. This is the best game on the Wii to me, the only problem with it is; Always carry an Ipad when playing because the puzzles are really hard to solve and almost clueless. Overall, it's the best Paper Mario game ever made.
  92. Mar 20, 2015
    This is one of the best mario games i have ever played. i enjoyed playing out the entire game.if you are a mario fan i am sure you will enjoy playing this wonderful game.
  93. Nov 27, 2015
    Super Paper Mario really delivers the awesomeness although it isn't entirely an RPG.The graphics are really good and some of the music is really catchy!This is a must own for anyone who has a Wii or Wii U as it is stunning!
  94. Dec 27, 2015
    You got to admit it though. It does pretty much continue on to be a great Paper Mario game --- albeit not better than the original and the Thousand-Year Door but definitely better than Sticker Star --- and it'll bring in what's waiting for you.
  95. Mar 12, 2016
    Super Paper Mario is a departure from the traditional Paper Mario style of gameplay, abandoning the old turn-based battles in favor of an Action RPG system combining platforming with an RPG-style battle system. In place of badges, players now get a set of characters with their own abilities. The most notable is Mario's own, the ability to "flip" between 2D and 3D, revealing hidden areas orSuper Paper Mario is a departure from the traditional Paper Mario style of gameplay, abandoning the old turn-based battles in favor of an Action RPG system combining platforming with an RPG-style battle system. In place of badges, players now get a set of characters with their own abilities. The most notable is Mario's own, the ability to "flip" between 2D and 3D, revealing hidden areas or platforms and adding an extra layer to what would otherwise be fairly basic platforming. Partners have been replaced with Pixls, floating companions that with special effects such as allowing you to grab and throw items, turn into a bomb or a floating platform, or letting you turn sideways to get through narrow passages. While fun, the Pixls have much less personality than the partners in past games did, making them nice for gameplay but not so nice to have as characters.

The plot is interesting, but more serious this time, focusing on stopping the end of all worlds. The series' usual humor is still present, but sometimes clashes a bit with some of the more serious moments. As in past games, each chapter has its own sub-plot and location. The characters are as lively and unique as always, with many of the new characters having a "blocky" look to them, a visual quirk shared by the new locations.

Overall, Super Paper Mario is a great game, but the new gameplay feels a little weaker thanks to being very reminiscent of the main Mario games, and the tonal dissonance present in the cutscenes at times weakens the plot a little. Still, if you enjoyed the earlier Paper Mario games, like platformers, or just appreciate games with a good story and characters, Super Paper Mario is definitely a game worth playing.
  96. Aug 20, 2016
    Although it's very different to the first two Paper Mario games in terms of mechanics, this isn't by any means a bad game, it's actually well made, with nice easter eggs from the first 2 games, and very cool story, places and characters. The 2D to 3D feature is cool yet a bit annoying to use sometimes, and partners lack the charisma they had in the past two entries. Being able to controlAlthough it's very different to the first two Paper Mario games in terms of mechanics, this isn't by any means a bad game, it's actually well made, with nice easter eggs from the first 2 games, and very cool story, places and characters. The 2D to 3D feature is cool yet a bit annoying to use sometimes, and partners lack the charisma they had in the past two entries. Being able to control Bowser, Mario, Luigi and Peach is very nice, and going on in the story is nice although there are some very time-consuming and annoying parts. Expand
  97. Jun 19, 2016
    Ótimo jogo, se você quer gastar algum tempo jogando um jogo bem desafiador, engraçado e com uma ótima história, você já encontrou o jogo perfeito.
  98. Jul 18, 2016
    The 3rd entry in the beloved series known as "Super Paper Mario". Things have gotten weird with the game play. Instead of the traditional turn-based battle system, it is instead a 2D-Platformer. It may sound like a bad change but it still managed to put everything else that made a "Paper Mario" game as great as the first two entries.

The plot is arguably the best in the series (I'm

The plot is arguably the best in the series (I'm gonna tell you 'cause that's the fun of first playing a game). Added with enriching characters and alot of humor, it feels more like watching a movie. With that being said, the text in the game does get really long at times, so be prepared to do a whole lot of reading.

It also managed to put partners in the game. Not as lively as characters like Kooper or Goombella, but still have SOME sort of personality. They also incorporated items in the game. And let's not forget, Peach and Bowser join forces with Mario to save the day! Each one has their own special abilities. Mario can flip into a 3-Dimensional world to solve the majority of the puzzles. Peach can float and use her indestructible parasol. Bowser can deal double damage and can breath fire. There's also a secret character: IT'S-A-WARIO!! WAHAHAHAHAH!!! Nah, that was just a joke. But seriously there is a secret character.

While the battle system was cut in half, everything else stayed, and to it's core, it's still a true "Paper Mario". And was the last "Paper Mario" game until the whole series broke apart.

#2 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#3 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Play Magazine
    It feels and looks polished, considerate, and expensive. [Apr 2007, p.40]
  2. Anyone with half a heart will absolutely fall in love with the characters, the graphics, the dialogue, the old-school shout-outs to previous games, the little visual effects lingering in the skies of every world... the love just keeps plopping out of the speakers at an incredible rate. For every annoying, excessively long fetch quest or mundane puzzle, there's a huge, cutesy payoff that makes all the trouble worthwhile.
    It controls tightly and uses the Wii remote in a smart manner without stepping into forced territory. The new 2D-to-3D dynamic is built around clever and surprisingly complex puzzles that will challenge and impress you. And it all comes together to make Super Paper Mario a highly enjoyable title, whether you want to call it a platformer, an RPG, or something in-between.