8.9

1. Jan 21, 2011
    Hello, this is Danny T. and this is my first review!!!!!
    SSBB Rating: 100/100
    The only reason that i giv this game a 100 out of 100 is because i cannot find any flaws at all.
    Don't tell me that it takes too long to load, this game is obviously loaded with tons of things to do. And you truly cannot ask for any more characters. This is probably the only game that i am going to give a
    perfect rating to. Wonderful music, graphics, story (SSE), controls, and many things to do. This is my absolute favourite game. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    It's just a Button-Masher, it takes up to 18 hours to unlock only about 5/2# unlockable charcters BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Terrible, Button-Masher, takes bloody hours to unlock chars, ECT ECT.

1 interesting thing is Co-Op campaign, which is fun for about 2 1/2 hours, after that you'll all be fighting over the lives and conducting friendly fire on purpose because your target didn't bring the cheetos.
  3. May 1, 2011
    Greatest game of all time in my opinion and I've been playing video games since day one. It is so simple, yet so complex. So fun for kids, yet so ingenious that it makes for great tournaments.
  4. May 12, 2011
    We All know Brawl is the Best in the Series sure it may have terrible loading times and Horrible online mode but still doesn't change the fact it was fun!
  5. Aug 7, 2011
    I don't know if I can describe how bad this game seems to me. I've played it both solo and in groups, and it just bores me to death. I liked multiplayer brawling games like this in the likes of Powerstone back in the day, but the entire feel, control-scheme, environments, and mechanics of the wntire Smash Bros. series feels like a terrible joke. It's like Monty Python invaded Nintendo and came out with the most ridiculous fighting game parody ever conceived. Is that what people like about it? I don't know, but it's charm is definitely lost on me. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2011
    Brawl is all fluff. While it's great to see lots of new characters, stages, and options, what truly makes a Smash Bros game is, let's face it, the gameplay. The Wii is a family oriented platform, and Brawl follows suit. It is easy to pick up and play, and even a new player can keep up with someone who has put lots of time into the game. Now that's great if you're a new player, but for fans who put time in it would be nice to be able to perfect a fighting style similar to what was possible in Melee. Overall, Brawl is just a soft game. Controls lag, hits don't feel satisfying, gameplay is slow - it is the non-gamer version of Melee, with loads of gratification for the newbies, enough new features to trick real gamers into buying it, and plenty of disappointment when those same gamers realize they spent $50 on what amounts to an amorphous blob of dumbed down game design. I'll stick with Melee and the original SSB. I recommend the same to anyone who considers themselves a gamer. Expand
  7. Jul 25, 2011
    Loved the new characters, stages and game modes, but the multiplayer, by itself, earned this game a zero. Now, any player, no matter how bad, can recover from devastating attacks, break combos, due to "tripping," and keep up with more competent players because of brawls painfully slow frame rate. Also, why did they take out wavedashing and L-canceling? If you dont know what either of those are go buy melee and figure it out. Expand
  8. Oct 15, 2011
    im not a huge fan of fighters, but when brawl is revived, its very good. Only 1 problem: during multiplayer, especially, even though it happens in 1 player, you can get bored after over an hour of link going hyaaaa!!! and pressing buttons, and pretending youre amazing at the game, and...

so its an 81% for me!!
  9. Nov 3, 2011
    Phenomenal game for the ages. Best fighting Game I have ever had the opportunity to play. Only one's cutting it close are, besides Brawl's predecessors, Soul Calibur II and IV.
  10. Jan 20, 2012
    Apart from the fact that the game features lots of great nintendo & co characters, maps and music, there isn't really much that this game has to offer. Mediocre gameplay and combat, below average visuals (as with the majority of wii games) and a terrible singleplayer campaign.
  11. Dec 25, 2011
    The multi-player experience is undeniably one of the best you'll ever battle online opponents or friends with. The rest of the game, although challenging, does not prove to have the same level of enjoyment
  12. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the best fighting game ever. You can play as all of your favorite characters from most Nintendo Franchises, and some "Nontendo" [play on words =~)] franchise. This has a great moment with my favorite scene from any video game ever in it. The multiplayer is the best kind ever, no one will be disappointed. The only place where it lacks is having online multiplayer with extremely long wait times, so most of the time it better (and perhaps even more challenging) to put some computer players on. Expand
  13. Apr 5, 2012
    This was my first Smash Bros. game and... I wasn't impressed. If you don't own a classic controller you're pretty much screwed, as the controls on Wiimote are some of the worst I have ever seen. The graphics and music are very nice, but the constant flashes and explosions HURT the eyes so much that I had to take a break every 1 hour of gameplay. Nevertheless, I played through the entire single player mode and it was rather average. It is a sort-off platformer game where you unlock different characters and collect stuff like stickers. Multiplayer *might* be better, but I personally didn't manage to get out much of it. Online has been completely empty every time I went on, while playing locally with my brother got old very fast (mostly due to the fact that one of us had to use the dreaded Wii Remote). Simply not worth the money, sorry. Expand
  14. Aug 2, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10/10.........................................................................................................................
  15. Jul 13, 2013
    Bringing characters throughout Nintendo and uniting gamers anywhere in a challenge to have a wonderful time competing with each other. Who ever you play or play with you are going to have great fun no matter what. The story unites all our Nintendo heroes together fighting their way through in a wonderful plot, whether you were the bad guy in the end you would eventually reach the last boss......spoilers Expand
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is amazing the best super smash bros ever i played this all summer long and smoked pot and drank beers and just had a good time and this game is amazing
  17. May 29, 2013
    I really don't mind that there is almost no online multiplayer, because the regular multiplayer in this game is already fine. I really love all of those reviews about how this game is unbalanced; PSASBR is very unbalanced, making this game seem perfectly fair. I like this game more that PSASBR as well because there are obvious skill levels in this game, I can easily beat people that don't play as much as me. In PSASBR, my friend came over, and was almost on par with my skills event though it was his first time playing it ever. Maybe because you get the skill from this game, and show it on PSASBR, I don't know. I've heard about 'clones,' whoever has commented about this seriously hasn't played Melee. Let's take Fox and Falco for example, in Melee, both of them have red lasers, that just touch the enemy, an their move sets are very similar. In Brawl, Falco shoots blue beams of energy, and knocks the opponent back. Whereas Fox has a red beam of energy and has the same effect as in Melee. Their down b's are also different, in Melee, Falco and Fox just held their shield in place. In brawl, Falco kicks his down b shield, and Fox does the same as he did in Melee. Same with Ganon and Cpt. Falcon, their moves are slightly different, unlike in Melee. Someone mentioned the subspace emissary? compare it to PSASBR, the only game to really compare this game to. I a really annoyed with people complaining about the music. You know what I'm going to suggest, look at PSASBR. This along with stage problems, ever try PSASBR, in that game, the stage stops after a small amount of playing on it (stock matches especially evident), in SSBB, the stage continues, and keeps pace. Whatever people say about this game, I will still ask you to refer to PSASBR, to see if it is any better. I will only start to complain if the next Super Smash Bros game is worse than this one. My Verdict is the same at 9.8/10, online is almost (if not) literally impossible to use. Expand
  18. Jun 19, 2013
    Probably one of the greatest party games ever created. The graphics are great for a Wii game and the multiplayer and single player options guarantee that players will continue playing for a long time.
  19. May 5, 2013
    Hands down my favorite Wii game ever. It's a blast to play with friends, has crazy amounts of content and you can beat the snot out of your least favorite Nintendo characters with the incredibly tight controls. You also have 4 different controller options and can customize the controls so you can have the perfect fighting experience.
  20. Jun 26, 2013
    As a kid, I remember playing the first Super Smash Bros., saying to myself, "It just can't get better than this". Later, Melee came out and I was proven wrong. After playing Melee for a solid 100 hours, I said, "There's no way it can get any better than this!" Then, Brawl came out, and I was proven wrong yet again.

Brawl is, without a doubt, the most complete Smash Bros. game to date.
    There are tens of characters to play as, dozens of stages (not to mention you can build your own), hundreds of trophies, and many different gameplay modes to mess with. There's also a pretty good story mode, which is a change for the series.

The only flaw with this game is the online play with random strangers. Saying that there's lag is an understatement.

All in all, this is the best Smash Bros. yet. There's no way it can get better than this (or can it... WiiU?)
  21. Aug 16, 2013
    very amazing game. Every mode is fun. especially the adventure mode. the cutscenes are great, and I experienced no lag. The only reason that this game is rated less than a nine is because there are some crazy halo fans who are putting other games down even though halo hasn't had a decent game in years! *looks at crazychief112* but this is easily one of the best games ever released on the Wii.
  22. Apr 19, 2013
    As someone who got many hours of multiplayer gaming heaven out of Melee, I was very happy to hear about how Nintendo intended to amp the next in the series.

I'm not going to repeat the points you have heard generally, yes it is fantastic, a fantastic roster, Melee's returning "clone characters" fleshed out and some great stages. It's worth buying on these alone.

The Subspace Emissary
    was a great idea on paper, but missed a trick by not taking the concept beyond some flash CG cutscenes. The bits inbetween involve standard matches and low end 80's platforming. Considering that it has key characters from the platform genre's hayday, you'd think they'd add more elements inspired by the roster of characters, maybe even some original ideas.

The biggest let down is the Online modes that are promised by Nintendo, put simply I have not had a single match since I am forever waiting for the service to match me up with other players. I have had the game since launch and still nothing... which is made worse if you have experienced how well Mario Kart Wii Online has hand this.

To sum up, the game is excellent, Subspace Emissary is a dull missed opertunatey, the fantastic multiplayer still isn't broke and the online equivalent is, unless Nintendo see fit to sort it out, which maybe unlikely since they knowingly sold it in this state after having the very same problem in Japan and the US.

I know there will be fans who won't like this when I say it, heck I'm suprised I'm saying it, but this game really is the definition of flawed genious. This game and it's publisher come from a good pedigree, but don't take everyone's word for it that it's a classic, the hype was definately a step beyond a product that European gamers were made to wait for, which is why I scored it 2 stars overall.
  23. Apr 25, 2013
    While this is the best fighting game series out on the nintendo consoles, brawl was probably one of my least favorites. While I admit that the graphics and the map/character quality is just amazing. The game has some mechanics that bring it down.

To start off, the controls will be a problem for you unless you play with either a gamecube or a classic controller, so those who have never
    played the previous SSB games are gonna have a hard time to get used to this one. And a few characters moves can be cheap and broken. (Meta Knight) And while nintendo did try to nerf some in a few updates, it still didn't even it out, some of my favorite characters are once again, banned from competitive play. Replay value can be low after a little while, but I still stuck with it to where I unlocked every character's trophies in classic mode. And now their are stickers you can collect along with trophies, and the story mode titled "Subspace Emissary" uses stickers to increase character stats and other features, giving the story mode more of an RPG element, but it's not necessary to do this. I was able to beat the story without using any stickers at all.

Online play..... Well unless your playing with Friends, don't bother, the random opponent servers are cruddy, their are major drops in frames for certain seconds, especially when performing a final smash.

And some minor elements ruin the fighting elements, such tripping when sprinting at certain points. And only the experts at the games platforming are able to obtain the smash ball, but at least it's not as bad as having a meter requiring to build up to perform your final smash.

But over all, Brawl still keeps it's best elements and still fun with friends. And I'm excited for the next one on the Wii U and 3DS.
  24. May 5, 2013
    This is presented excellently, the graphics look realistic and the gameplay was what I have expected, ever since playing the first two games. Nintendo has gotten serious into these type of games and have given it their best shot.
  25. May 12, 2013
    If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of. You get an expanded roster of some the most iconic Nintendo characters, plus now for the first time 3rd-party characters Snake and Sonic. With highly detailed graphics it makes watching the fighting even more enjoyable, which is also a minor problem because there's so much going on that you can't fully enjoy the detail. The biggest part this game had to offer was the fact that it had online play, which would mean that we could pown noobs anywhere now, but unfortunately that didn't really meet our expectations. Now in this one there's a story mode along with the usual material, and that is probable the not so great part of this game. it goes on for too long, and is not that entirely interesting; it is at times, just not all the time. Now for the best part: VS mode. by far the greatest 4 player fighting game to date, or the greatest I can think of. Just casual producer as always, pick your character and stage, then proceed to beat the living crap out of your friends. There was also the introduction to final smashes, which are these dazzling super moves that can clear the stage of enemies. This was always the one thing I think didn't need to be in the game; it's great though how you can just turn it off with ease, it can be seen as unfair because players could just wait for the smash ball to appear and just use that to win. Now for why I love this game. Don't you love it when you see an image from your childhood in a cool game or movie? Well for me I was excited to kick all my friends asses with Meta knight! Now though it's seen as unfair to play as him. What's also cool is that this game doesn't focus on combo's and special moves like most previous fighting games do, but instead tries to give players; or rather force others, to use strategy while fighting. Characters don't have a label on their heads saying how to be played, all characters can be played differently and can be efficient, but some have certain advantages over others, but none that are major. So in conclusion I think this is one of the best fighting games of all time; please note I said "one" of greatest, and I wish I could play it now. Expand
  26. Jul 22, 2013
    the best wii game out there and a great extension of the super smash bros series. The campaign mode is fun, each character is unique and well thought out. It would easily get a ten if it: A. wasn't so floaty B. didnt have tripping
  27. Jul 3, 2013
    This is pretty much the greatest game of all time. It kicks Sony's shameless rip off's ass. More characters, More features, more stages, more trophies, stickers, outstanding story mode, this game is just awesome!
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    The best SSB out of all... even though some of the characters that i thought really didn't need to be on there, it was a good addition to the fray. Definitely worth your money and your free time. If you just want to see your favorite nintendo characters and guests duke it out then this is the game for you other than SSBM. Where should i start? Amazing graphics to make a more dim look to it, absolutely no dialogue but who would notice with a great story, great music and remixes and so much more. If you haven't played this game you will love this game or just give it shot i bet you would like it. Expand
  29. Jun 22, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of my favourite games ever. There is just so much to do and it's so fun, it's hard to stop playing once you've started. Characters are quite well balanced and you'll probably find one who you really like. And this game actually just gets better the more you play it!
  30. Jun 22, 2013
    Ok, heres the deal, GET THIS AMAZING GAME, this game cannot be forgotten, and although there is a little bit of unbalance in this game, the story mode is fantastic, the online play is fun but can get annoying if people just camp, and playing with friends is the best thing ever
  31. Oct 24, 2013
    Right after I played the first match I was instantly hooked to this game, I'm pretty sure I have played this game longer then any other. The only reason i gave it a 9 is because of bad online, and some bad stages,characters, and items. But overall this game is tied with Super Mario Galaxy as my favorite Wii games.
  32. Jul 18, 2013
    The best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completely disproportionate difficulty, in a way that you think that a human being is completely unable to complete the game, but you don´t need them to see the credits of the game, just to complete the whole thing. Expand
  33. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, even though words are not spoken, and the plot lines don't quite make full sense. The music has catchy tunes that have been part of video game history for a long time, so I cannot argue with the quality. This was a great game I was able to play with another adult friend of mine. However, we only felt compelled to play this game only as part of the story mode, not really against each other. Having such deep levels of difficulty make this game stand out more, but I wish there could be more quests and things going on, instead of jacking up the difficulty levels of completing certain tasks, and generally just encouraging beating the stuffing out of each other the best. Graphics are great. Definitely a good game you can play with others. Expand
  34. Jul 1, 2013
    The sheer amount of time we had already invested in Melee was definitely partly to blame for our lack of interest. After all, Brawl didn’t showcase the same jump in features and spectacle that Melee had over the original game on the N64. It was, by and large, pretty similar to Melee, and lacked the novelty of its predecessor. However, after mulling it over in my head over the course of a couple of months, I decided that Brawl was, in my mind at least, a worse game than Melee. Still, my reasoning behind this opinion often differed from the reasoning of forum-goers and commenters across the internet (it is largely regarded that Melee is the superior game, at least as far as depth of gameplay goes). Many users complained about the dumbing-down of competitive play through the removal of certain advanced techniques, such as wave dashing, or L-canceling. However, this didn’t really apply to my friends and me: none of us had ever even attempted to wave dash, nor was the lowering of a skill-ceiling something which would effect our play with one another. Indeed, to be fair, some of the techniques that were removed appeared to depend on the exploitation of unintended design flaws.

Now, by no means was Brawl a bad game in fact, it’s very good, and well worth checking out at the very least. However, it’s by no means perfect, and in some respects, worse than its prequel. For the sake of clarity and convenience, my contentions with the game will be presented in list form.

1. The Subspace Emissary sucked. The Subspace Emissary was made out to be the Story mode option of Brawl, as well as a replacement for the Adventure mode of Melee. It boasts gorgeous CG cutscenes featuring the Brawl cast, as well as boss battles against well-known franchise villains, such as Petey Piranha and Ridley. Unfortunately, that’s about all it has going for it. The story was threadbare, the level design was repetitive and bland, the gameplay was monotonous, and it ultimately felt like a chore that had to be slogged through in order to unlock content for other modes. Embarrassingly, Melee’s Adventure mode remains a much more enjoyable and interesting experience overall, despite only lasting the guts of about 20 minutes on each run, whereas Subspace Emissary gives a play time of about 10 hours, give or take. Disc space and development time that could have been given over to other game modes was instead used up by this lackluster option. I’d like to see either a return to a short Adventure-style game mode in the sequel, or go the full hog and give each character their own short story mode la every fighting game ever interspersed with a little dialogue, the odd boss fight and bookended by some mini-cutscenes. Trying to fit the entirety of the 30-strong cast into a single story appears to be a futile and messy task, filled with compromise.

2. Cloned characters. Wolf, Falco, and Fox. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon. Toon Link and Adult Link. I have no problem with characters sharing certain elements of their playstyle with one another, but Brawl had seven characters that were practically model swaps of one another. I’m adamant in my belief that characters absolutely must have their own individual special moves. Now, I know adding cloned characters takes less effort/time/money than developing a whole new addition to the cast, but I’d happily sacrifice three clones or a game mode for an extra “true” character or two. Imagine replacing Toon/Young Link with Fierce Deity Link instead: give him a slower, stronger set of moves and movements to suit his huge, double-helix sword, maybe the ability to fire projectile discs from it somewhat similar to Link’s regular ol’ Bow n’ Arrow combo, but perhaps faster and with a shorter range. Drop the clones, and instead incorporate fresh characters with their own mechanics and tactics to be mastered.

3. Level design
    Brawl was plagued with simplistic, symmetrical levels. So many of the levels featured in the game were made up of little more than a few small platforms hovering over one larger one. “But that’s all any Smash Bros. game has ever done,” I hear you cry! Nonsense my good fellows, nonsense. Let’s take Onett from Melee for want of an example. Here, there are platforms, but they’re grounded within the universe they’re supposed to be depicting you jump across shop facades, rooftops, tree branches and clotheslines. Compare this with Spear Pillar, Lylat Cruise or Shadow Moses, which lack the organic asymmetry of Onett, and seem content to instead provide some random floating platforms placed in front of a themed background. As a result they feel sterile, shallow and artificial.

4. Smash Balls
    Some of the characters had completely overpowered Final Smash attacks like Sonic's, Fox's.

And there you have it, pretty much all of my niggles with Brawl laid out in a somewhat concise manner. If Nintendo wishes to better Melee and Brawl (at least in my eyes), they’d do well to keep some of these points in mind
  35. Jul 10, 2013
    With fun visuals and interesting characters to fight against each other, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is the perfect game for a video game lover. My favorite Wii game to date.
  36. Nov 3, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting/party game I've ever played. It's best with your friends when the atmosphere is so intense, that you can see in the air. Even thou there is lot of characters which won't be so familiar for most of players. Characters can still be individuals and different from others. There's lots of customisation in game modes so you can customize pretty much how you want to play the game.
    +lots of characters
    + maps (try final destination)
    +playing with friends
    +skill level
    +lot's of customization options (like power ups, items n stuff)
    +gameplay is pure gold
    +music
    -if no friends, alone ain't fun to play
  37. Jul 20, 2013
    Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs, trophies, and stickers even after five years of playing. Like the other games in the series, Brawl is extremely intuitive, making it the most vaudeville fighting game out there. This game is practically timeless and deserved all the hype it received. This is by and large the best Wii game ever. Expand
  38. Aug 29, 2013
    By far the best selling fighting game ever! It ha soo many contents! Lots of stages, characters, music and more! One of the best features is the Stage Builder. Yes, you can create your own stages! And there's much, much more! You can play it online, too! But 2 things of SSBB sucks: First, the annoying AI that are always going after YOU. Even if they aren't teamed up! And they're using their final smashs always on you, too! The other but smaller bad thing is the online mode, because this might by laggy. Expand
  39. Aug 8, 2013
    Game is pretty much the best fighting game ever made for a Nintendo console. The adventure is fantastic, and the roster is just big enough that your brain doesn't explode. If you do not have this game, I pity you.
  40. Jan 15, 2014
    This is by far my favorite fighting game (not to mention my favorite Super Smash Bros. game) it has more content then any other fighter ever and the best story (in my opinion) ever in a fighter, and that's not to mention the amazing selection of characters. This game has no competitor it's just to good.
  41. Dec 16, 2013
    As a stand-alone game, Brawl is great. But as a sequel to Melee, the gameplay isn't nearly as fast or fun. Can be a fun party game with the right crowd. Worth buying, but not for 50 bucks.
  42. Sep 11, 2013
    All I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she's even WORSE than ever!

Aside the long loading times, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a real treat. Score: 4/5.
  43. Apr 10, 2014
    The greatest game of the entire generation. So much love and attention to detail went into making this masterpiece, sakurai has truly out did himself.

The content in this game is absolutely unbelievable.
  44. Oct 1, 2013
    okay i guess. the story is horrible, and it takes no skill. your just pressing buttons randomly. it just leads to boring gameplay. the 2 best games on the wii are skyward sword and twilight princess
  45. Oct 17, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW,THATS AN ORDER.This game is my favorite fighting game if a large roster,creative modes,easy to master controls,graphic that look like that the great artist leonardo da vinci painted them,music that deserves to be on it's own sound track,sounds that sound like what they should sound like,and gameplay BEYOND your wildest dreams.BUY IT NOW
  46. Oct 20, 2013
    As a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING games in history Expand
  47. Mar 15, 2014
    This is my favourite fighting game alongside Marvel versus Capcom. It's accessible but deep, fun but challenging. The stages are the best I have seen from a fighting game and the characters are unique and fun. This is the best online experience on the Wii and is a must-have for any long time Nintendo fans.
  48. Dec 11, 2013
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

With fun gameplay, great graphics, and so many awards and challenges I haven't gotten them all in the 6 years I've had the game, it is the pinnacle of the Super Smash Bros. series. Brawl also has a fun story mode, which allows you to play through the Super Smash universe and save the world from Subspace.

It also
    has tons of unlockable challenges and minigame-like quests, which have kept me busy and immersed. I love this game. Expand
  49. Nov 11, 2013
    THE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario from Pokemon, Toon Link from The Legend of Zelda, Pit from Kid Icarus, and many more. They even added in Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake. It was a genius idea to add them in because 3rd party characters can create endless possibilities for the series. Visually, the game is beautiful. Many characters take on a more realistic look than they did in Melee. Stages are better than ever, and theres over 40 of them this time around! There is even a stage builder now, which allows you to get creative with your own battlefields.The new story mode, The Subspace Emissary, is a blast to play as well. There is the classic single player mode and 2-player vs modes, but also the special brawl which is more fun than ever. You can customize vs. matches further than ever. I mean, who doesn't want to play in crazy matches like "Super giant invisible whatever" fights? There are endless amounts of things to collect in the game, from stickers to trophies to cds. Decades of gaming history is in this title. The soundtrack is huge and fantastic! They even added in fighting online, which can be pretty fun too! The best thing about this game however, is that on top of its amazingly varied fighting gameplay, there is an insane amount of content in the whole package. The replay value is infinite. And its a game that can be fun both alone and with friends.

THE BAD: The online can be a little laggy at times. Some great characters from Melee unfortunately didn't make it into brawl. They are Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy.

Perhaps the best fighting game ever. MUST OWN! BUY IT!
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    This is easily the best fighting game of all time. With many characters and stages, and with a stage builder, the game rules! What more can you ask for?
  51. Dec 12, 2013
    Mario games just never fail! I have all SSB games from Nintendo 64, GameCube and the Wii. This game is fantastic, the graphics are more realistic, there are ton of characters to choose from too! The reason why I gave this a 9 and not a 10 is because of the maps arnt that great other than than it just a Better version of melee and I love you can use the GameCube controller
  52. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is by far the best game I have ever played. I started playing this game around 2010 and I have been playing it ever since. I loved Super Smash Bros. Melee. And hearing about this game made me so happy. Once you get this game, like I usually say when I review games, it will be extremely hard to put this game down. (Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out in 2014!)
  53. Dec 27, 2013
    Brawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and the stages,too.Nothing more to say. Expand
  54. Jan 8, 2014
    Hands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially with friends) and the soundtrack is just a hall down nostalgia lane. The online mode is the only issue i have, but i don't play online almost at all, so it does not bother me that much. This game for me is borderline perfect. Expand
  55. Apr 8, 2014
    I swear, some troll-faces have no sense... i mean, some of these people don't rate it like a critic and rate it on what they think made the game horrible. well, i tell you, this game is awesome! critic's rating would say.... IT'S AWESOME! graphics are mad as hell! almost HD-looking! although i though that characters spinning around going 8 directions wasn't all that detailed, but nevertheless beautiful. sound? U KIDDING ME!? all that and a bag of fries... literally! i could eat fries in a Snack-eez while playing this music through my wireless headphones :D it sounds so good, i would pay to hear them again. the music on everything sounds absolutely wonderful. the orchestra did a great job! they even did a great job recomposing and composing the original songs! GO Bramble Blast! game-play? Difficult and MAD as hell, once again. the controls are very detailed and who wouldn't love that simplified arcade feel of combo attacks? bunches of modes, especially with unlocking em. depth? yes, lots of characters and unlockables. ADDICTIVENESS??????? YES YES YES IT IS SO ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't begin to tell you how much i love it, especially online. and of course, this is the best game ever for the Wii. Expand
  56. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best game Nintendo ever made. While Melee was awesome, Brawl gives even more content to enjoy. I think it's one of the game i played the most in my whole life, especially with my brother ! Lots of fun is to expect, even without multiplayer. Can't wait for the next Smash bros !
  57. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still, it's suppose to be a game with all Nintendo characters. Overall, best fighting game I've seen, and I suggest you get it right away! Expand
  58. Jan 21, 2014
    This is by far tied for the best game i have ever played on the Wii, with the other being Super Mario Galaxy. It features all of my favorite Nintendo characters and some new ones that I have grown to love. If you are a newcomer to the Nintendo Universe. Brawl is a way to get you started on an amazing company. If you have a Wii, I would Highly Recommend getting this game. You will like every part of this game. See you on the Battlefield. Expand
  59. Mar 16, 2014
    Pretty fun, but the previous games are (in my opinion) better. It's probably my nostalgia blindness, though. I also didn't like this game's online multiplayer or story. Third party characters are a good idea, but were OP. I have (or had) my own requests for third party characters in the next one, but it aint happenin'
  60. Jan 26, 2014
    Too floaty and bloated by attack lag, it's still a SSB. Smash Bros. 64 will always be my favorite. I hope the next game is more balanced. Some character's KO moves with high knock-back are too easy to use in this game.
  61. Feb 8, 2014
    I have yet to explore all the options of the game but, so far, I'm really enjoying myself in both single player and multiplayer. Super Smash Bros Brawl is a gaming dream for quite a few of us Nintendo fans as it combines all our favourite characters in an original, easy-to-play gaming experience.
  62. Mar 31, 2014
    its a huge improvement from last game, more characters, more maps, twice as much content and overall better fighting physics. although the game is still in favor of some franchises over others, theirs still 4 mario characters and ONE sonic character?, like they dont have enough to chose from, still a very good game
  63. Feb 28, 2014
    I cannot tell you guys about how many hours I have into this game, both by myself and with my friends. I beat the Subspace Emissary a few times and have beaten every event and classic mode with every character at least 5 times, and lets not get started with playing with friends! Makes the game even better when your proness makes your friends angry but at the same time they are laughing with you. Best fighting game of all time... Period. Expand
  64. Mar 13, 2014
    How to make a game better. Easy keep the same philosophy and just add new features to make a great game even greater. I will say I like SBM better but this one for the Wii is great. Expanding to 35 characters makes this game endless fun. The story is great with a variety of given scenarios and different characters to choose from. Bringing back all star mode and the things like home run bat are nice but the main reason why any of us play this game is for the fact of the multiplier and they deliver. Forget about the online because if thats all you want out of this game then your playing the wrong game. Nintendo is not known for great online just great memorable single player gameplay. But back to the multiplier. Playing with friends is great and got even greater with additional characters and items to play as and with. All the stages as well are great and beautiful looking to play online while some offer challenges some on the other hand have great landscapes with no special features. Adding assist trophies and the smash ball are great way that make the fighting 10 times more fun. I can't say this is the best of the series but I do enjoy playing this with friends or against the computer from time to time. The reason I must say this gets a nine is due to tripping and some characters like falco, wolf, and toon link are duplicates of other better fighters. Expand
  65. Mar 21, 2014
    I'll keep it short and simple. I love the Single player mode and the new characters but, the mechanics in the game is kind of bad and feels rushed. Has flaws but not too bad.
  66. Mar 22, 2014
    this game is my all time favourite. i loved every second of playing this game. the entertainment i got from playing this was enough to satisfy any gamer or non-gamer. I had friends who wasn't into gaming but would come to my house just to play this game. The fan made project M this made this game so much more entertaining and even enough where is was able to bring this to after school clubs to play this with them. This game added so many new amazing character not seen before. Lucario, ROB, Wario all these i thought was a brilliant additions to the game.
    I cannot wait for Super Smash Bros. 4
  67. Apr 1, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a blast!!! I never owned the original on the N64, I had Melee and I liked it but this is really good. My sister and I have such a fun time playing through the different modes like Brawl mode or The Subspace Emissary (Adventure Mode). They both offer good fun and good challenges (even though I kind of suck at the Adventure Mode). This game has a lot of cool features, some we've seen before like Trophy Collecting and Events but we now have other cool things that make the game really cool; There is an online mode, I actually haven't tried it though, but it's good to see a SSB game with this feature (Better play it while you can, Wi-Fi goes out on Wii and DS this May). There is also a few other things like Old Game demos which are cool even though I wish the trials were longer and a level creator; however a lot of these extra small things I didn't take too much time with, I just mainly playing the "main events" like Brawl, Classic Mode and Subspace Emissary. The characters are also great, my favorite characters I like to play are probably Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong and a few others (Don't Judge). SSBB is without a doubt a must have on the Wii, go out buy it now! I also look forward to seeing SSB4 come out later this year on the 3DS and Wii U (I just need to get me a Wii U -_-). Expand

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.