8.9

1. Sep 20, 2010
    Fun as hell. If you loved Melee, you will adore this game. For some it might feel like a massive expansion pack but you just can't miss this. Completely balanced characters, easy to pick up controls and countless goodies and entertainment at its disposal. Get it.
  2. Apr 6, 2012
    If you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a fewIf you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a few minor issues and complaints with it, but when you think of the overall package and how it can literally keep you entertained for hundreds of hours all those flaws just seem to practically disappear, this is truly a must play title for any and all gamers, and stands out among all the other great Wii games as one of the best, it's an outstanding game. Expand
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Because the Wii doesn't have too many hardcore games doesn't mean is death. Smash Bros put in shame the other companies console , and always will. Exaggerated combos and attacks are a joy too watch. The addition of cameos like Sonic and Snake aren't big bomb's but make good shape to the warriors.
  4. Aug 25, 2011
    Story mode is not that awesome, but its cool that they tried to make a story and all. Me and my friends got hooked on this game at college and had tons of fun. The multiplayer is the only thing worth spending hours upon hours playing.
  5. Jun 16, 2012
    This is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and withThis is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and with all the characters and maps in this game it is certain that to matches of Brawl Mode will never be the same. They also added a new super attack for each character which really adds some excitement to the game and should you ever get bored with Brawl Mode you can also play Special Brawl which have been improved a lot since the last game. Even though this game is 4 years old it is still the game that i play the most on my wii and also one of my favorite games of all time. If it hadn't been for the poor online system and balance this would definetly be a 10/10, but it's still a fantastic game so i'm gonna give it 9/10. Expand
  6. Aug 29, 2010
    This is single-handedly the best party game in existence. Forget Guitar Hero or Rock Band, forget Mario Party or Mario Kart, forget DDR. This game has the power to intoxicate anyone that plays. Friends of mine that don't even own a video game system pick up the Wii remote and get hooked on this game and we play for hours on end. The characters are unparalleled. Nintendo has and always willThis is single-handedly the best party game in existence. Forget Guitar Hero or Rock Band, forget Mario Party or Mario Kart, forget DDR. This game has the power to intoxicate anyone that plays. Friends of mine that don't even own a video game system pick up the Wii remote and get hooked on this game and we play for hours on end. The characters are unparalleled. Nintendo has and always will have the best characters to work with. The music is so much fun to listen to while playing. Every song will get stuck in your head or take you back to the glory days of gaming. The fighting mechanic, albeit simple, is perfect. It requires skill, but at the same time is approachable and condescends the normal frustrating and confusing properties of trying to pull of combos and special moves associated with other fighting games (ie. Street Fighter, Blazblue.) I just think this is great game that anyone can pick up have fun. There are plenty of modes to keep you busy in between visits from your buddies that want to play with you. Plus the nostalgia associated with the game, is worth marveling at, with classic characters, stages, music and all kinds of other things. By far the BEST game for the Wii. Collapse
  7. Oct 27, 2011
    I think this is the Best Wii game. I have played this the most and think this a great game to play with friends. It always plays different and is enjoyable almost every time. I would advise it to anyone that likes wii or likes fighting games. I love the game and hope to play it many more times.
  8. Feb 16, 2012
    one of the best fighting games ever it has all of the classic nintendo characters that we know and love the story mode isnt the best but its probably the best fighting game story ive ever played they have all the chalenge modes from the old game and new characters such as wario pit etc. the only problem with this game is the online matchmaking the only fights you can have are the standardone of the best fighting games ever it has all of the classic nintendo characters that we know and love the story mode isnt the best but its probably the best fighting game story ive ever played they have all the chalenge modes from the old game and new characters such as wario pit etc. the only problem with this game is the online matchmaking the only fights you can have are the standard 2:00 mintune fights other then that its amazing Expand
  9. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best game Nintendo ever made. While Melee was awesome, Brawl gives even more content to enjoy. I think it's one of the game i played the most in my whole life, especially with my brother ! Lots of fun is to expect, even without multiplayer. Can't wait for the next Smash bros !
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    As a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING gamesAs a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING games in history Expand
  11. Dec 11, 2013
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

With fun gameplay, great graphics, and so many awards and challenges I haven't gotten them all in the 6 years I've had the game, it is the pinnacle of the Super Smash Bros. series. Brawl also has a fun story mode, which allows you to play through the Super Smash universe and save the world from Subspace. It also
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

It also has tons of unlockable challenges and minigame-like quests, which have kept me busy and immersed. I love this game.
  12. Nov 11, 2013
    THE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario fromTHE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario from Pokemon, Toon Link from The Legend of Zelda, Pit from Kid Icarus, and many more. They even added in Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake. It was a genius idea to add them in because 3rd party characters can create endless possibilities for the series. Visually, the game is beautiful. Many characters take on a more realistic look than they did in Melee. Stages are better than ever, and theres over 40 of them this time around! There is even a stage builder now, which allows you to get creative with your own battlefields.The new story mode, The Subspace Emissary, is a blast to play as well. There is the classic single player mode and 2-player vs modes, but also the special brawl which is more fun than ever. You can customize vs. matches further than ever. I mean, who doesn't want to play in crazy matches like "Super giant invisible whatever" fights? There are endless amounts of things to collect in the game, from stickers to trophies to cds. Decades of gaming history is in this title. The soundtrack is huge and fantastic! They even added in fighting online, which can be pretty fun too! The best thing about this game however, is that on top of its amazingly varied fighting gameplay, there is an insane amount of content in the whole package. The replay value is infinite. And its a game that can be fun both alone and with friends.

THE BAD: The online can be a little laggy at times. Some great characters from Melee unfortunately didn't make it into brawl. They are Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy.

Perhaps the best fighting game ever. MUST OWN! BUY IT!
  13. Nov 6, 2013
    This is easily the best fighting game of all time. With many characters and stages, and with a stage builder, the game rules! What more can you ask for?
  14. Dec 27, 2013
    Brawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and theBrawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and the stages,too.Nothing more to say. Expand
  15. Jan 8, 2014
    Hands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially withHands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially with friends) and the soundtrack is just a hall down nostalgia lane. The online mode is the only issue i have, but i don't play online almost at all, so it does not bother me that much. This game for me is borderline perfect. Expand
  16. Jun 30, 2014
    The definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. OtherThe definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. Other than that this thing rocks and is one of the best local multiplayer games ever, not least because of the lack of need for split screens. Expand
  17. Jul 9, 2014
    Can't help but hate the new Pokémon appearing here; generational shift, I guess. I hear my poor Jigglypuff was severely weakened. I'll see for myself, if I ever get to unlock the darn thing. There was nothing more satisfying than having other players running for their lives in Melee whenever Jigglypuff started to float their way. They'd run, but never get far. She's just such a tantalizingCan't help but hate the new Pokémon appearing here; generational shift, I guess. I hear my poor Jigglypuff was severely weakened. I'll see for myself, if I ever get to unlock the darn thing. There was nothing more satisfying than having other players running for their lives in Melee whenever Jigglypuff started to float their way. They'd run, but never get far. She's just such a tantalizing target. "I can get in one little hit, can't I? Finally teach that jerk to chase me with Jigglypuff..." Float-dodge, parry, pound, jump, Air Rest! See you in Hell, Pikachu.

Fights and fun:
    After you turn off the stupider items, brawl is amazing. I crank my handicap way up and my 3-year-old can play with me (meaning, I fight the wife or a CPU character, and the little one goes to town with Yoshi, putting everyone in eggs, flailing about at random, and giggling maniacally).

Side note:
    Dear Nintendo: Having your Nintendog jump up on the screen while I'm fighting isn't cute, it's annoying. It makes me want to build a robot puppy-body so that I can upload the puppy AI and beat it with a rolled-up newspaper. Bad puppy!. Where was I? Oh, right. Fun! Fun! Fun! Most of the bad stuff has an option to turn it off. Refreshing!

Levels:
    The levels feel smaller than in previous games, and I it's a pity that more old stages weren't brought forward into this iteration.I haven't engaged in level-building, but I expect it will help somewhat in remedying this, though the levels obviously won't have the soul and quirky events that mix things up in official levels.

Characters:
    The characters are still stellar, adding more to the roster, but cutting a few in the process. I don't see why everyone couldn't have come to the party... Most of your old favourites are back, and everyone looks slick. Some, you'll like, and some, you'll hate. Everyone will find three or four favourites and use those to build a reputation among friends and family.

Under-the-hood tinkering:
    I understand that some of what were termed "balance issues" (otherwise known in loftier circles as "Captain Falcon wins") have been corrected, and I'll grant that handling is a bit different from Melee, but overall, everything still feels about right. Some go on about the removal of the exploitable glitch that allowed a technique known as "wave-dashing", but I think this is good. Wave-dashing is dumb, and the fact that tournaments devolved into obsessive-compulsive mastering of this technique makes me glad I had nothing to do with that nonsense. It makes the game look and sound terrible when you're playing. What's wrong with you? Just go fight that little boy and those weird monsters like God intended; with fireballs and bad fashion sense.

Story mode:
    Dumb, as always. It's just there to unlock characters anyhow, right?

This is a phenomenal game. Get it. If the next one is a worthy successor, get that too. Not sure about the 3DS one. This is, at its core, a communal game; beyond just being social. Handheld gaming doesn't have the right atmosphere for that.
  18. Jul 23, 2014
    This game is fantastic. The story mode is fun, and has a great way of introducing new characters. There's all kinds of fantastic things to do and change on here, and it's the best fighting game I've played. In fact, I think this is my favorite game of all time. This game is truly amazing.

If you don't have this game, I HIGHLY recommend getting it as soon as you can. You'll be glad you did. It never gets boring, and you'll love it.
  19. Aug 4, 2014
    How to say all that's already been said? By repeating it. SMBB is an awesome game, a great fighter with some of the most interesting characters ever put on a game where you beat the hell out of your friends. It's a great game and it's better enjoyed with some good company.
  20. Sep 22, 2014
    Since when has it been cool to hate on Smash Bros? Never. And it never will be. Still one of the most wildly fun games to play with friends over or even by yourself.
  21. Aug 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant love playing this game with my brother, and I love the single player mode and the final boss with master hand, my favourite game of all time. Expand
  22. Sep 16, 2014
    super smash bros brawl is the best game on the wii. with stunning animation,great game play and better replay value than almost any game.It is one of the most fun addictive games in recent memory
  23. Sep 10, 2014
    This game is awesome. Fans of the series will enjoy this game. Although the competitive fans of the series will be negative about Brawl, this game is really good. This might be the best fighting game of all time. You can play as tons of Nintendo characters, and beat the living crap out of everyone. The character roster is amazing. Brawl also introduces an adventure mode, where you fightThis game is awesome. Fans of the series will enjoy this game. Although the competitive fans of the series will be negative about Brawl, this game is really good. This might be the best fighting game of all time. You can play as tons of Nintendo characters, and beat the living crap out of everyone. The character roster is amazing. Brawl also introduces an adventure mode, where you fight against Tabuu and subspace. It is really fun to see all your favorite Nintendo characters work together to fight evil. You will never get bored of this game. This also introduces new items including assist trophies and final smashes. I personally don't like items on, but if you really want to add chaos to your game, then go ahead. Assist trophies are even more nintendo characters joining in for a little bit to help you fight. Final smashes are great finishing moves. There are also stickers, which you can collect and use in adventure mode. There are more trophies, stages, and pokemon added. Overall, this game is worth getting. If I were you, get the game as soon as possible. I'm serious. Its that good. Expand
  24. Jul 22, 2013
    the best wii game out there and a great extension of the super smash bros series. The campaign mode is fun, each character is unique and well thought out. It would easily get a ten if it: A. wasn't so floaty B. didnt have tripping
  25. Jul 18, 2013
    The best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completelyThe best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completely disproportionate difficulty, in a way that you think that a human being is completely unable to complete the game, but you don´t need them to see the credits of the game, just to complete the whole thing. Expand
  26. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, evenThis game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, even though words are not spoken, and the plot lines don't quite make full sense. The music has catchy tunes that have been part of video game history for a long time, so I cannot argue with the quality. This was a great game I was able to play with another adult friend of mine. However, we only felt compelled to play this game only as part of the story mode, not really against each other. Having such deep levels of difficulty make this game stand out more, but I wish there could be more quests and things going on, instead of jacking up the difficulty levels of completing certain tasks, and generally just encouraging beating the stuffing out of each other the best. Graphics are great. Definitely a good game you can play with others. Expand
  27. Jul 20, 2013
    Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs,Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs, trophies, and stickers even after five years of playing. Like the other games in the series, Brawl is extremely intuitive, making it the most vaudeville fighting game out there. This game is practically timeless and deserved all the hype it received. This is by and large the best Wii game ever. Expand
  28. Aug 29, 2013
    By far the best selling fighting game ever! It ha soo many contents! Lots of stages, characters, music and more! One of the best features is the Stage Builder. Yes, you can create your own stages! And there's much, much more! You can play it online, too! But 2 things of SSBB sucks: First, the annoying AI that are always going after YOU. Even if they aren't teamed up! And they're usingBy far the best selling fighting game ever! It ha soo many contents! Lots of stages, characters, music and more! One of the best features is the Stage Builder. Yes, you can create your own stages! And there's much, much more! You can play it online, too! But 2 things of SSBB sucks: First, the annoying AI that are always going after YOU. Even if they aren't teamed up! And they're using their final smashs always on you, too! The other but smaller bad thing is the online mode, because this might by laggy. Expand
  29. Aug 21, 2014
    With enhance fighting style and classic characters in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl instantly returns a better stages,music, items, modes, and new characters in this game. With all controllers easy to play with all up to four players exactly, there is no where to play but only to party in brawl. With perfect fun stages to play from Mario to Sonic, the possibilities are endless, alsoWith enhance fighting style and classic characters in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl instantly returns a better stages,music, items, modes, and new characters in this game. With all controllers easy to play with all up to four players exactly, there is no where to play but only to party in brawl. With perfect fun stages to play from Mario to Sonic, the possibilities are endless, also with creating our own stages with each set of parts and choosing our favorite song from normal stages. And what's better with old songs from the franchise is that there is news songs and returning songs and also melee stages. With new modes such as classic mode, event matches mode, all star mode, stadium modes, story mode, and training mode. And with multiplayer online, the fun kepts getting better and more better. there is one thing I have say is that the loading in the game keeps taking too long during to prepare for a fight or classic mode, which i was ticked of about it. But anyways this game is truly the best fighting game ever made by nintendo of all times. Expand
  30. May 26, 2014
    This game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of newThis game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of new pork city & float on one side, you will see all of the CPUs ignore each other, and want you DEAD. So screw the CPUs, just play this game with friends, and everything will be well. Expand
  31. Dec 12, 2013
    Mario games just never fail! I have all SSB games from Nintendo 64, GameCube and the Wii. This game is fantastic, the graphics are more realistic, there are ton of characters to choose from too! The reason why I gave this a 9 and not a 10 is because of the maps arnt that great other than than it just a Better version of melee and I love you can use the GameCube controller
  32. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is by far the best game I have ever played. I started playing this game around 2010 and I have been playing it ever since. I loved Super Smash Bros. Melee. And hearing about this game made me so happy. Once you get this game, like I usually say when I review games, it will be extremely hard to put this game down. (Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out in 2014!)
  33. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still,This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still, it's suppose to be a game with all Nintendo characters. Overall, best fighting game I've seen, and I suggest you get it right away! Expand
  34. Mar 16, 2014
    Pretty fun, but the previous games are (in my opinion) better. It's probably my nostalgia blindness, though. I also didn't like this game's online multiplayer or story. Third party characters are a good idea, but were OP. I have (or had) my own requests for third party characters in the next one, but it aint happenin'
  35. Mar 13, 2014
    How to make a game better. Easy keep the same philosophy and just add new features to make a great game even greater. I will say I like SBM better but this one for the Wii is great. Expanding to 35 characters makes this game endless fun. The story is great with a variety of given scenarios and different characters to choose from. Bringing back all star mode and the things like home run batHow to make a game better. Easy keep the same philosophy and just add new features to make a great game even greater. I will say I like SBM better but this one for the Wii is great. Expanding to 35 characters makes this game endless fun. The story is great with a variety of given scenarios and different characters to choose from. Bringing back all star mode and the things like home run bat are nice but the main reason why any of us play this game is for the fact of the multiplier and they deliver. Forget about the online because if thats all you want out of this game then your playing the wrong game. Nintendo is not known for great online just great memorable single player gameplay. But back to the multiplier. Playing with friends is great and got even greater with additional characters and items to play as and with. All the stages as well are great and beautiful looking to play online while some offer challenges some on the other hand have great landscapes with no special features. Adding assist trophies and the smash ball are great way that make the fighting 10 times more fun. I can't say this is the best of the series but I do enjoy playing this with friends or against the computer from time to time. The reason I must say this gets a nine is due to tripping and some characters like falco, wolf, and toon link are duplicates of other better fighters. Expand
  36. Jun 5, 2014
    A great game with friends and siblings. Especially because it's a button mash game, and all ages can have fun with it. There are a wide selection of characters and it makes for interesting matches. Story mode was also surprisingly fun.
  37. Oct 16, 2014
    Best Fighting game ever!Most of the people say that they prefer Melee because it is more balanced, more combo-based, faster... guess what, guys, Super Smash Bros Brawl is THE fighting game of Nintendo!Simply A true Masterpiece!
    Game play:10/10.
    Game play:10/10.
    If you are not familiar with Super smash bros, You should remember that, in the first game, you moved with the control stick, attacked with either A or B buttons, used R for throws, and L for taunts. There are 35 characters available for you to choose, 20 of them available from the star. Each character plays in unique way, and the roster´s is incredibly balanced!
    Story mode:God bless Miyamoto! 10/10
    Solo mode 10/10:A new order and the possibility to confront Master and Crazy Hand at the same time!
    Events:10/10. I Like the events of Brawl.
    All-Star Mode: Can you beat the entire cast by yourself??? I did!
    Vs Mode:The heart of the game! 10/10
    Masterpieces and Custom Stages :10/10
    Final Score:10/10
    Could It get any better???
  38. Sep 18, 2014
    One of my most anticipated games back in the day and the main reason I bought a Nintendo Wii. I definitely would have rated this a 10 a few years ago but going back to Melee and playing Project M have given me a few gripes with this game's flow of battle compared to those other two. Regardless, the single player is the best that Smash has seen, and the roster of characters is top notchOne of my most anticipated games back in the day and the main reason I bought a Nintendo Wii. I definitely would have rated this a 10 a few years ago but going back to Melee and playing Project M have given me a few gripes with this game's flow of battle compared to those other two. Regardless, the single player is the best that Smash has seen, and the roster of characters is top notch with many awesome newcomers. It's easily the best game for the Nintendo Wii. Expand
  39. Sep 21, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the greatest video game that I have ever played. The fighting is quick, precise, satisfying, and addictive. Tons of fun game modes and a colorful cast of characters combine to create an amazing gaming experience. A lot of people criticize Brawl for its prat fall mechanic, but that's just a tiny blemish on an otherwise great game.
  40. Oct 7, 2014
    You must get this. If you liked Melee you will love this even more. Controls are easy to learn, lots of characters and modes, and awesome action. The story wasn't that awesome, but the game is just great. Awesome game to play if you're inviting some friends over.
  41. Nov 2, 2014
    you should at least play this game and 99% of time you would like any smash bros but this is the best version dispite being a wii game and i do not play wii games but the best thing about the game is the stage maker and the story
  42. Dec 25, 2010
    This game is amazing. Of course, you can't really go wrong with Nintendo games. The subspace emissary is the only thing that I find incomplete. Despite being a nice 'quest,' it can eventually feel like a long grind, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that if you aren't going to play it. That aside, I find that with 4 different control methods (Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, GCThis game is amazing. Of course, you can't really go wrong with Nintendo games. The subspace emissary is the only thing that I find incomplete. Despite being a nice 'quest,' it can eventually feel like a long grind, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that if you aren't going to play it. That aside, I find that with 4 different control methods (Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, GC Controller, Wii Classic Controller), you can easily find some type of play style you like. It may be 2 years old, but the game is so impressive that it is the best fighter on the Wii. You will NOT be disappointed. Expand
  43. Apr 4, 2012
    I know no one will read this, but don't listen to the bad reviews. If you liked any of the other Smash Bros. games, then you'll fall in love with this game.
  44. May 29, 2011
    Amazing. Just amazing. An endless cast of characters, a huge range of modes to play, and easy to learn but hard to master controls. This adds up to one awesome game. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting game of its time, and multiplayer mode just rocks.
  45. Mar 12, 2012
    One of the best games ever! The game has so much to do, that you'll keep it in your Wii for a very long time. Hopefully the next Super Smash Bros. will be even better!
  46. Aug 8, 2011
    This is SO MUCH FUN!!! Brawling against your friends is very fun, collecting trophies and stickers is another highlight and don't know where to begin on The Subspace Emissary! I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a must have on Wii!
  47. Jul 28, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games ever, alongside "Halo 3". The singleplayer is good, but the multiplayer is EXCELLENT!!!! The graphics are impressive, and many of the characters look more realistic. I like that. My only criticism would be the Stage Builder. The stage builder could be a little better. Wait. A LOT better. But other than that, this game is very, very fun. Definitely worthThis is one of the greatest games ever, alongside "Halo 3". The singleplayer is good, but the multiplayer is EXCELLENT!!!! The graphics are impressive, and many of the characters look more realistic. I like that. My only criticism would be the Stage Builder. The stage builder could be a little better. Wait. A LOT better. But other than that, this game is very, very fun. Definitely worth playing. Buy it!! Expand
  48. Jul 12, 2011
    This game is super fun. My house-mate and I play almost everyday and it never gets old. Though in my opinion it is only playable with a Gamecube controller. The variety of characters and play styles is spectacular, the maps are fun and make you pay attention, and even the campaign is fun for the most part. There are also a lot of really tough challenges that take skill to complete. 10 out of 10.
  49. Aug 18, 2011
    My favorite fighting game of all time. This game is fantastic. Years later and I still play a few times per week. This game got 2nd place on IGN's "Best game of the last decade" poll, beaten only by Majora's Mask.
  50. Sep 4, 2011
    Probably the best fighting game ever made. This game is HIGHLY addicting, and could become hazardous to your health if not taken care of. The graphics were good considering all of the stuff that had to be animated. I liked how there are less clones than in melee (the only clones being link and toon link, but there is a big difference between the two).
  51. Jan 1, 2012
    If the online was as good as it should be, this would be the best game on Wii. It's still hugely addictive still today, being the best multiplayer experience on the market.
  52. Jan 4, 2012
    The 3rd entrance in the Super Smash Bros. series is phenomenal. With such a wide cast of characters and stages, the good times can keep rolling. The music and sounds for the game are as great as you could expect a 1st party Nintendo game to have. I honestly looked for a bad thing to say about this game, and the closest I could come up with was a decent story in the Subspace Emissary, butThe 3rd entrance in the Super Smash Bros. series is phenomenal. With such a wide cast of characters and stages, the good times can keep rolling. The music and sounds for the game are as great as you could expect a 1st party Nintendo game to have. I honestly looked for a bad thing to say about this game, and the closest I could come up with was a decent story in the Subspace Emissary, but even then, the story does an interesting job of combining all of the characters to one common goal. The online multiplayer is gruesome, but that is also do largely to the fact that Nintendo decided to go with friend codes for all of their games, which is not the actual game's fault. Even almost four years after its release, I have played close to 3 months of game time in my records. That is roughly 700 hours of game for $50.00, and I would have payed the XBOX retail value of $60.00. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already, and go pick up this game, and even a Wii if you have to. The replay value of this game will keep you entertained for many months. Expand
  53. Mar 21, 2012
    there is no brakes to this game its so fun and i would give this a twenty because its endless and real endless fun.....you cant have a wii or cll your self a nintendo fan without having this game.......and even if you get bored you can play demo classic games and theres endless mini games....by far nintendo did its best on this game and this is probably the best game for the WII.....bythere is no brakes to this game its so fun and i would give this a twenty because its endless and real endless fun.....you cant have a wii or cll your self a nintendo fan without having this game.......and even if you get bored you can play demo classic games and theres endless mini games....by far nintendo did its best on this game and this is probably the best game for the WII.....by owning this game yo will be a proud owner of the wii!!!!!!! Expand
  54. May 5, 2012
    Its perhaps even safe to say that Super Smash Bros Brawl is the greatest game ever created. Super Smash Brawl is what you get if you combine deep gameplay with hardcoreness. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is just Melee but better, with new characters like Snake, Meta Knight, Wario and Sonic, new items like the Smash Balls and a lot of new cool stages. This is a game that you'll be playing for aIts perhaps even safe to say that Super Smash Bros Brawl is the greatest game ever created. Super Smash Brawl is what you get if you combine deep gameplay with hardcoreness. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is just Melee but better, with new characters like Snake, Meta Knight, Wario and Sonic, new items like the Smash Balls and a lot of new cool stages. This is a game that you'll be playing for a very long time, perhaps even years. The only problem I have with game is - NOTHING!!! Even singleplayer can keep you entertained for months! So, if you don't have this game yet, go get it! No Wii is complete without this Expand
  55. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a big fan of these games and now this game has been up the next level by making the Wii go on line and challenge your friends or just random people.

They is a least new characters on this game some take time to know what skills they do.

On the downfall I hate this game for:

On line can be slow to connect if you playing with random players in a team got to wait at least 20 minus or so before another guy comes on and then it sometimes disconnect you off then you have to start again finding players.

And you trip a lot too on this game half a time I lost in the sudden death mode because I tripped up and a bomb landed on my head and I could not move in time to avoid it or the other player killed me.

The game is detail in the characters that is on it.

The levels is awesome and some playable enough.

The songs/music is well composed and nice to listen to.

They 's is the challenges you can do for more stuff in the game that will take you a few days to do.

The game is just great, it's fast paced with extra bits like a stage builder you can now re-create the old levels in other games but it has hardly room to make a lot of things to make it annoying for you.

Overall I personally love this game too bits.
  56. Jun 21, 2011
    Amazing! Brawl just has so much to offer! This is a game that can be played for hours and hours and hours and hours without getting bored. The fighting, items, levels and characters all blow me away! The Super Smash Bros. series is only getting better and better. This game has a lot of content and is so addicting to play! It's story mode is also amazing and very very beautiful!
  57. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the best fighting game ever. You can play as all of your favorite characters from most Nintendo Franchises, and some "Nontendo" [play on words =~)] franchise. This has a great moment with my favorite scene from any video game ever in it. The multiplayer is the best kind ever, no one will be disappointed. The only place where it lacks is having online multiplayer with extremely longThis is the best fighting game ever. You can play as all of your favorite characters from most Nintendo Franchises, and some "Nontendo" [play on words =~)] franchise. This has a great moment with my favorite scene from any video game ever in it. The multiplayer is the best kind ever, no one will be disappointed. The only place where it lacks is having online multiplayer with extremely long wait times, so most of the time it better (and perhaps even more challenging) to put some computer players on. Expand
  58. Mar 24, 2012
    If you own a Wii, getting this game is a necessity. Period. :) You will not regret it. There's so much content in here that you'll likely be discovering more of it for years to come. Far more bang for your buck than most video games can shake a stick at. Most importantly, though, the combat is fun, fast-paced, and there's plenty of strategy involved for the hardcore gamers who like toIf you own a Wii, getting this game is a necessity. Period. :) You will not regret it. There's so much content in here that you'll likely be discovering more of it for years to come. Far more bang for your buck than most video games can shake a stick at. Most importantly, though, the combat is fun, fast-paced, and there's plenty of strategy involved for the hardcore gamers who like to fine-tune their strategies. GET THIS GAME. Expand
  59. Mar 10, 2014
    Sue me for all I care. I personally think this game is better than Melee. Don't get me wrong: I love Melee, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love Brawl even more. Why? One word: content. Brawl has at least twice as much content as Melee. The addition of the Subspace Emissary mode was a brilliant one on the developer's part, and while people whine about it having pretty much noSue me for all I care. I personally think this game is better than Melee. Don't get me wrong: I love Melee, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love Brawl even more. Why? One word: content. Brawl has at least twice as much content as Melee. The addition of the Subspace Emissary mode was a brilliant one on the developer's part, and while people whine about it having pretty much no story, they probably had fun playing it whether it had a story or not. Boss Battles mode is very challenging, Stage Builder (while a little bare-bones) is a great idea, stickers and CDs will keep completionists like me busy for months, and do I even need to talk about Final Smashes? As for everything else that's an improvement on Melee, Brawl just gives us more. More characters, more stages, more modes, more trophies, and pretty much just more things to do.

Was there anything really bad about the game? Well, not really bad, just annoying. The ability to unlock every character just by playing through Subspace Emissary I think wasn't a good idea (maybe if you just unlocked ROB, Snake, and Sonic as milestones), and the online mode is really laggy, though not enough to stop you from having a good fight with folks online. And yeah, there are a couple characters I would have loved to have in the game, but I won't hold that against the game. Every single crossover fighting game that exists suffers that problem. As for the lack of L-canceling or wave dashing or other crap like that, look at it this way. Most of the people who play Super Smash Bros. probably don't play it competitively (including me though I'm a die-hard fan of the series). This stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest, and if you're still kicking ass without those mechanics, it shouldn't bother you either.

Bottom line is that Brawl is a fantastic fighting game. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and no one will change my mind. Is Brawl going to become somewhat obsolete when Smash Bros. 4 comes out for 3DS and Wii U? Of course it is, but for now, if you have a Wii or Wii U and don't own Super Smash Bros. Brawl...you, my good sir or ma'am, are out of your mind.
  60. Mar 15, 2014
    This is my favourite fighting game alongside Marvel versus Capcom. It's accessible but deep, fun but challenging. The stages are the best I have seen from a fighting game and the characters are unique and fun. This is the best online experience on the Wii and is a must-have for any long time Nintendo fans.
  61. Sep 24, 2010
    Brawl is the best game in the smash bros. series. The graphics are enhanced and the music is breath taking. The game is really fun with friends and family. The characters are almost balanced but needs few tweaks. The storyline though did not reach my expectation and is awfully short. The multi-player mode is just awesome when played with friends. The online play really sucks because of theBrawl is the best game in the smash bros. series. The graphics are enhanced and the music is breath taking. The game is really fun with friends and family. The characters are almost balanced but needs few tweaks. The storyline though did not reach my expectation and is awfully short. The multi-player mode is just awesome when played with friends. The online play really sucks because of the slow connection. Bottom line: Buy this game and don't borrow it or rent because you have train yourself to kick your friends' ass. Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    Personally i'm not a fan of fighters, but the Super Smash Bros. series has always been a blast for me, especially with friends. The addition of new characters and a single player campaign ensure that Brawl isn't just Melee with a coat of paint. The amount of collectables in Brawl is astounding, and will take months to complete. The only let down would have to be the online, Mario Kart WiiPersonally i'm not a fan of fighters, but the Super Smash Bros. series has always been a blast for me, especially with friends. The addition of new characters and a single player campaign ensure that Brawl isn't just Melee with a coat of paint. The amount of collectables in Brawl is astounding, and will take months to complete. The only let down would have to be the online, Mario Kart Wii proved that the Wii can handle online and it would have been great fun to beat the **** out of someone in Germany of France, but in the time I have owned this game i have not found a single online game that was playable. Nevertheless, if you own a Wii, you owe it to yourself Expand
  63. Oct 6, 2010
    With a wide array of 38 characters, a single player campaign, a four player offline multiplayer, a comprehensive online play mode, and dozens of other game modes, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is unrivaled in the amount of content and replay value it offers.
  64. Oct 19, 2010
    This gam isn't only great for its gameplay, but for the amount of content packed into one disc. There are so many characters, stages, items, modes, and collectibles that its surprising the game doesn't explode. Amazingly, there is only minimal wait time. Brawl is exactly like Melee in the gameplay, but there are tons of new characters, including Pit, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Wario,This gam isn't only great for its gameplay, but for the amount of content packed into one disc. There are so many characters, stages, items, modes, and collectibles that its surprising the game doesn't explode. Amazingly, there is only minimal wait time. Brawl is exactly like Melee in the gameplay, but there are tons of new characters, including Pit, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Lucas, Ike, and many more along with Sonic and Solid Snake to round it out. The game has all-new Assist trophies aka dozens more Nintendo cameos. A big difference are final smashes that are jaw-dropping crazy finishing moves and each character has their own one. The game has a story mode, but it is hard to get through the whole thing because its a repetitive sidescroller and the story itself doesn't make any sense. The game allows to adjust song selections, create stages, upgrade characters with stickers, play an interesting arcade game for trophies, play short demos for classic Nintendo games, and gamble on online matches in addition to the old-standbys like event matches, Break the Targets, and Home-Run Contest. The only thing the game does wrong is the online mode because it takes forever to load up a short battle and there are no customization options. Brawl is simply an amazing game and will have you coming back for YEARS. Get it. Expand
  65. Nov 8, 2010
    Perfect. Classic. Timeless. Wonderful.
    Undoubtably the best game I've played on a Wii console.
    It's very fun playing the story mode and battling against opponents to test your skills out.
    One good thing about this game is; you won't be bored; it can be played repeatedly.
  66. Apr 13, 2011
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the best games of all time.The only things that need changes is the adventure mode and online.If that improves i will say that this is the best game of all time.I also like that there is trophies to collect from the nintedo franchise, without this it wouldnt be as fun.
  67. May 26, 2011
    It's a wonderful game. Enough said. It provides endless hours of fun to any group of people no matter how old you are. My little brothers like it, I like it, my parents like to watch it! There are some problems however, the game can be rather glitchy and a few things can get really annoying and upset the balance of the game (thank god there's a lot of settings to remedy most of this). AlsoIt's a wonderful game. Enough said. It provides endless hours of fun to any group of people no matter how old you are. My little brothers like it, I like it, my parents like to watch it! There are some problems however, the game can be rather glitchy and a few things can get really annoying and upset the balance of the game (thank god there's a lot of settings to remedy most of this). Also I could bring down my score to maybe an eight because online is so terrible, but I just forget that it even exists. This game is practically made for groups of friends, not random strangers on the Internet. Also there's plenty of new content and even a story mode that really fits in great with the rest of the game. There are some characters that will be missed from melee however. Expand
  68. Sep 13, 2011
    This is easily the greatest fighting game I've ever played. There are very few flaws with this that don't overshadow the rest of this experience. In fact, this is also the best video game I've ever played. I'm really not kidding here, this game is better than Mario and Zelda. In fact it's both of these games plus more games by Nintendo in the mix. However, it also adds Sonic theThis is easily the greatest fighting game I've ever played. There are very few flaws with this that don't overshadow the rest of this experience. In fact, this is also the best video game I've ever played. I'm really not kidding here, this game is better than Mario and Zelda. In fact it's both of these games plus more games by Nintendo in the mix. However, it also adds Sonic the Hedgehog, and Solid Snake which aren't Nintendo characters (which is a good thing), along with their own stages. Add the characters with the stages, features, adventure mode, and every other great feature, and you've got yourself an absolutely perfect game. Expand
  69. Nov 1, 2011
    My favorite multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii. Loads of fun with beating each other up, online is a real challenge! SSE mode was a lot of fun completing with family or friends. This is my favorite Smash Bros. ever made as of to date, looking forward to the 3DS version and more character selection! The level selection in this game has everything any type of Nintendo fan wants. This is aMy favorite multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii. Loads of fun with beating each other up, online is a real challenge! SSE mode was a lot of fun completing with family or friends. This is my favorite Smash Bros. ever made as of to date, looking forward to the 3DS version and more character selection! The level selection in this game has everything any type of Nintendo fan wants. This is a fantastic fun multiplayer fighting game that will have you coming back for more beating and beatings!! Expand
  70. Dec 22, 2011
    What a game! It is seriously the longest lasting game of all time, it never gets boring (coming from someone with well over 500 hours of play time). However, if I was rating the game on single player alone, it would probably get an 8/10, and the online a 7/10. But, if you have up to 3 friends (or relatives) then the game comes incredibly to life, with 35+ characters to choose from andWhat a game! It is seriously the longest lasting game of all time, it never gets boring (coming from someone with well over 500 hours of play time). However, if I was rating the game on single player alone, it would probably get an 8/10, and the online a 7/10. But, if you have up to 3 friends (or relatives) then the game comes incredibly to life, with 35+ characters to choose from and almost as many stages to fight on you will be playing for years (until the next one). It's better than the previous game and is the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Expand
  71. Nov 6, 2011
    This is one of the greatest fighting games ever made. Nintendo's greatest characters return with more action, fighting, pure awesomeness, and some twists, including Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake as the 1st playable 3rd party characters in the series.
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    Tons of content to keep the player coming back with beautiful graphics and sound with the excellent gameplay helps this become one of the greatest games on the wii and this generation.
  73. Nov 12, 2011
    The game delivers on what so many were asking for. More characters, my items, more stages, more unlockables, and a more fleshed out single-player experience. The problem lies in the gameplay itself. Yes, Nintendo has done well to eliminate irritating elements like "wave dashing" from Melee, and they've made it easier for less experienced players to pick up and play well; the problem isThe game delivers on what so many were asking for. More characters, my items, more stages, more unlockables, and a more fleshed out single-player experience. The problem lies in the gameplay itself. Yes, Nintendo has done well to eliminate irritating elements like "wave dashing" from Melee, and they've made it easier for less experienced players to pick up and play well; the problem is that the characters feel more "floaty", slower, and the attacks themselves don't feel half as satisfying as they did in Melee. Overall, a quality game, but 7 years after Melee, it's certainly a step backwards. Expand
  74. Nov 15, 2011
    A true triumph for Nintendo fans. Even though the gameplay could be a tad better and the online has a few loose ends, it still goes a long way. Packed with an adventure mode, 4 player battles, stadium games, online play, and a huge collective vault, this game is definitely worth your money.
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    This game lasted me hours of fun with my friends. The only problem would be the boring subspace emissary mode which was very limited in exploring and just not as fun as the group battles. But of course it is supposed to be a multiplayer game and it succeeds by far in that standards. Best multiplayer fighting game ever.
  76. Jun 10, 2012
    This came contains many of my favorite characters and some new ones that I really like playing as. With many ways to make the brawling fun, this game really delivered. But like many games this one isn't perfect. The online multiplayer is a little dull with just jumping into a battle without being able to talk or add people to a friends list. But other than that this game has everything aThis came contains many of my favorite characters and some new ones that I really like playing as. With many ways to make the brawling fun, this game really delivered. But like many games this one isn't perfect. The online multiplayer is a little dull with just jumping into a battle without being able to talk or add people to a friends list. But other than that this game has everything a long time super smash brothers player wants. Expand
  77. Nov 20, 2011
    When the Wii is the lone host to a great game everyone knows about it. Well guess what? Nintendo made a great game and it sits on the Wii. This is in the top 5 fighting games of all time. Right up there with Tekken 3 Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Soulcalibur. The characters are incredible and extremely fun to use. Takes away the overly abused features from Melee and gives the cast, not aWhen the Wii is the lone host to a great game everyone knows about it. Well guess what? Nintendo made a great game and it sits on the Wii. This is in the top 5 fighting games of all time. Right up there with Tekken 3 Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Soulcalibur. The characters are incredible and extremely fun to use. Takes away the overly abused features from Melee and gives the cast, not a makeover, but a booster. The story mode is an actual story and presents a simpler way to unlock characters from Melee. Each character (save one) has their weaknesses and counters. Great game from the best developer in video games. Expand
  78. Dec 24, 2011
    this is the best fighting game. Nintendo Wii might have the worst graphics and online but who cares they have the best exclusives ever! this game is so fun so addictive. the mulitiplayer is really fun and tight and the campaign is very good and long!
  79. Dec 3, 2011
    THE CAMPAIN IS AWFUL!!! but multiplayer is the most fun multiplayer ever. i know that was gramitically incorrect but this game is fantastic. i played it for a year and now i play it when ever i go to my friends house. (which is fairly often). beyond fun, cant wait for next super smash bros game but at the same time i prob wont get a WII U. :( hopefully they make it for WII too :)))
  80. Dec 29, 2012
    Maybe I'm biased towards Smash Brothers in general, but any game that can consistently entertain and satisfy me for 4 years is a great game in my book.
  81. Jan 21, 2012
    It's a very good fighting game, and it's also kid friendly unlike other fighters like Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat. This game is better played with friends though. Playing alone this game has a hard time keeping it's appeal, but with others it is a great game that I highly recommend. The new features in this game such as stage building and a comprehensive story line greatly increase theIt's a very good fighting game, and it's also kid friendly unlike other fighters like Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat. This game is better played with friends though. Playing alone this game has a hard time keeping it's appeal, but with others it is a great game that I highly recommend. The new features in this game such as stage building and a comprehensive story line greatly increase the appeal. Online play is dreadful, but aside from that as long as there are friends to play with, I saw Brawl on. Expand
  82. Apr 15, 2012
    Are you ready for the best game on wii as well as the best fighting game I've ever played? I sure am! featuring a character roster that almost comes equal with the 48 characters on the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, this game has a far more diverse character roster in every respect. There's a character for absolutely every play style. (my 2 favourites are Ike from fire emblem andAre you ready for the best game on wii as well as the best fighting game I've ever played? I sure am! featuring a character roster that almost comes equal with the 48 characters on the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, this game has a far more diverse character roster in every respect. There's a character for absolutely every play style. (my 2 favourites are Ike from fire emblem and Snake from Metal Gear Solid) The solo aka subspace emmisary mode provides about 8 hours of fun but forgettable levels but it only really serves as a filler and a way to unlock all but 3 characters which is fine by me as the multiplayer mode is so incredibly addictive that I don't really notice it although it is quite fun to play co-op. The online mode is reasonably good except there is a lot of noobs online. The multiplayer is where this really shines as this provides as many hours of fun as your Wii and game disc can tolerate. Impossible to put down in a party environment as you don't even need any other games at your party because this is so frickin good. It's rewarding to play as every character and get good with them (except for Olimar, DeDeDe and Wario, they're beyond help) Like I used to love playing as Fox and Link in melee, now I love playing as Ike and Snake, Ike is perfect for 1 v 1 duels in my opinion, and snake is awesome fun for 3 player fights as you can just screw with the other fighters with remote mines, grenades and rocket launchers, fun to watch them get angry at you XD. There is nothing else I can say other then GET THIS GAME!!! (P.S. this is an awesome music disc for gamers with over 200 songs, it's just awesome to use this and play some classic sonic, mario, zelda, and pokemon songs as a bgm for a party) Expand
  83. Mar 14, 2012
    Brilliant party fighter. Simple and addictive fun. Exellent stage design, great character roster and YEARS WORTH of content. I always have a blast with this game. Its issues come in the form of balance (Ike dominates) and the Subspace Emmisary mode wasting tones of potential and being repetetive. Overall the most fun on the wii you can have
  84. Nov 7, 2012
    This game's focus (like the other Super Smash Bros. games before it), is on the actual battle and survival system. This time round, it includes many more attack, specials, abilities, and even a final smash; all of which I found to really bring the game up to the next level. The story, though not perfect, was also a good distraction, and provided some co-op fun, as well as giving someThis game's focus (like the other Super Smash Bros. games before it), is on the actual battle and survival system. This time round, it includes many more attack, specials, abilities, and even a final smash; all of which I found to really bring the game up to the next level. The story, though not perfect, was also a good distraction, and provided some co-op fun, as well as giving some backstory to the characters, But, as I said, the 'brawl' is where this game shines. Expand
  85. Apr 10, 2012
    A good game that combines all the company mascots, see the fighting All-Stars Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Pikachu, Bowser, Link, Ike ...
    Subspace Emissary mode successfully, Event mode very well developed, but the default graphics that makes the game a little nerveu, but the game is very playable.
  86. Apr 21, 2012
    A great Nintendo game. Hands down the second best Wii game. Loads of unlockables, and more multiplayer fun than a night of Halo, the best single player and multiplayer game on the Wii system.
  87. Aug 13, 2012
    I liked the game is good for multiplayer is very fun and i love the story and the variable characters is good game for the wii and only the online is poor but is good the fighting mode
  88. Jan 19, 2013
    There are only 3 games I can say are worth getting on the Wii, and this one alone is worth the console. The roster of characters is large at 35, and while some characters have advantages over the others, I never really found it a problem since I never play competitively.

The Story mode is a nice platforming adventure while the classic mode is there for those who want a short Sweet experience. The v.s. mode will take up most of your time though. You'll also be able to save replays of short bouts and take screen caps in any mode at any time by just pausing the game.

The music list is larger then melee, and you now can change the odds for a track to play. Trophies make a welcome return along side stickers and CDs. A challenge wall allows you to see how to obtain more stages, songs, trophies, and stickers.

The game is beautiful. Sure it's not HD, but it's a good looking game still. Every stage looks like it's right from it's respective franchise.
  89. Oct 30, 2012
    After 3 years, I still find myself coming back to play this, which I do with no other Wii game, other than Mario Kart Wii. I love the graphics, the wide variety of characters - all unique and interesting in their own way. I love the different battle arenas from different Nintendo Games. And the orchestral music is goddamn amazing. Addictive, a load of fun, and so much to do - The SubspaceAfter 3 years, I still find myself coming back to play this, which I do with no other Wii game, other than Mario Kart Wii. I love the graphics, the wide variety of characters - all unique and interesting in their own way. I love the different battle arenas from different Nintendo Games. And the orchestral music is goddamn amazing. Addictive, a load of fun, and so much to do - The Subspace Emissary is vast.
    Almost flawless.
    Oh, and yeah, Tabuu is bad-ass.
  90. Mar 25, 2013
    It's outrageously entertaining, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the perfect game to play with a group of buddies or homies. Its got amazing characters and epic battles and moves that will make it a nonstop playing game.
  91. Jan 21, 2013
    Absolutely flawless game, with fun to last through the ages, of all ages. Great game. So good, that it's so good. Words cannot fathom the awesomeness.
  92. Jan 9, 2013
    I'm a Nintendo fan. There is no doubt about it. Super Smash Bros. is a series that had kept Nintendo fans on their feet for ages. Well...not that long. Super Smash Bros. Brawl really impressed me. All of the new playable characters have a good moveset as well as the old ones. I'm just glad that my favorite character, Mr.Game&Watch, has returned. I think the smash ball was a veryI'm a Nintendo fan. There is no doubt about it. Super Smash Bros. is a series that had kept Nintendo fans on their feet for ages. Well...not that long. Super Smash Bros. Brawl really impressed me. All of the new playable characters have a good moveset as well as the old ones. I'm just glad that my favorite character, Mr.Game&Watch, has returned. I think the smash ball was a very interesting thing for them to add. All of the final smashes were related to the games. The assist trophy was another great thing to add. You get to see non-playable characters fight by your side. Expand
  93. RNH
    Feb 2, 2013
    In my opinion, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the greatest games ever created. The game is very fun and addicting to play. The game has a wide cast of your favorite characters, from Kirby to Oilmar to even Solid Snake, and a great variety of items, stages, music, and game modes. Fighting in this game is simple but strategic, simple enough that anybody can join in the game and have a funIn my opinion, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the greatest games ever created. The game is very fun and addicting to play. The game has a wide cast of your favorite characters, from Kirby to Oilmar to even Solid Snake, and a great variety of items, stages, music, and game modes. Fighting in this game is simple but strategic, simple enough that anybody can join in the game and have a fun time, but also skill-based enough that there is a competitive metagame for it. Super Smash Bros. has changed fighting games with its unique fighting system with a backwards health bar and directional button combos. This game has tons of bonus features besides multiplayer, with single player modes such as an adventure mode, event mode, classic mode, and training mode. This is a perfect game to pull out during a party, and everyone would want to play it and also have a lot of fun. This is probably the funnest game on any system to date, and is a must-own for humble Wii owners. Expand
  94. Mar 14, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a Nintendo fans dream game, Featuring tons of Nintendo characters and a few non-nintendo characters being Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, Most characters are fairly well balanced, but there are a few that are a bit overpowered and some that are quite under-powered, Nonetheless this is the best example of local four playerSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is a Nintendo fans dream game, Featuring tons of Nintendo characters and a few non-nintendo characters being Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, Most characters are fairly well balanced, but there are a few that are a bit overpowered and some that are quite under-powered, Nonetheless this is the best example of local four player competitive play along with Mario Kart, The weakest part of Brawl is it's online play which is very laggy and is just hard to play.

This is one of the best games on Wii to play with family and friends, It's adventure mode storyline is decent for seeing all Nintendo characters together, but it is quite repetitive and the gameplay is quite boring and easy. But this is an easy recommendation for Wii or Wii U owners looking for a game to play.
  95. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is the most fun I've ever had on the Wii. When my friends come over, this is usually what we play. It is so fun to play as some of your favorite characters in gaming and compete against your friends and see who's the ultimate Brawler. The gameplay is so simple and so fun, which is what I believe to be the reason so many people adore it. The many different places you can fight inThis game is the most fun I've ever had on the Wii. When my friends come over, this is usually what we play. It is so fun to play as some of your favorite characters in gaming and compete against your friends and see who's the ultimate Brawler. The gameplay is so simple and so fun, which is what I believe to be the reason so many people adore it. The many different places you can fight in have some great surprises and may give you nostalgia attacks if you love the original games. If you have a Wii, you have to have this game. You will be playing it again and again and again. Expand
  96. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game so much...it's a great game for all those Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and Zelda lovers. With other characters in this game...it still makes a great enjoyable game for lots of groups of friends. The story is fascinating, as well as long, so you better be ready for some fights...there's plenty to enjoy. Also, a feature in story mode that I just started using...the Sticker Album. If you do this...you can level up your fighters with more powerful attacks. So...if you pick Intense mode...then you better get some powerful stickers. The Wi-Fi mode is inevitable. Simply great. There may be some lag...but come on, enjoy it.
    And, other countless modes of fun. My favorite is the My Music mode...the best of the best where you can enjoy your music. And...along the way is the Deletion option...now...I messed up real bad on this one. I actually...mistakenly thought it was going to do the same thing for the ''Delete Everything'' setting. So, I tested it out on Adventure...and you know what happened. I deleted my Adventure...so, that's a mistake you don't want to make. So far...this game is awesome...so buy it, enjoy it, and love it.
  97. Apr 8, 2014
    I swear, some troll-faces have no sense... i mean, some of these people don't rate it like a critic and rate it on what they think made the game horrible. well, i tell you, this game is awesome! critic's rating would say.... IT'S AWESOME! graphics are mad as hell! almost HD-looking! although i though that characters spinning around going 8 directions wasn't all that detailed, butI swear, some troll-faces have no sense... i mean, some of these people don't rate it like a critic and rate it on what they think made the game horrible. well, i tell you, this game is awesome! critic's rating would say.... IT'S AWESOME! graphics are mad as hell! almost HD-looking! although i though that characters spinning around going 8 directions wasn't all that detailed, but nevertheless beautiful. sound? U KIDDING ME!? all that and a bag of fries... literally! i could eat fries in a Snack-eez while playing this music through my wireless headphones :D it sounds so good, i would pay to hear them again. the music on everything sounds absolutely wonderful. the orchestra did a great job! they even did a great job recomposing and composing the original songs! GO Bramble Blast! game-play? Difficult and MAD as hell, once again. the controls are very detailed and who wouldn't love that simplified arcade feel of combo attacks? bunches of modes, especially with unlocking em. depth? yes, lots of characters and unlockables. ADDICTIVENESS??????? YES YES YES IT IS SO ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't begin to tell you how much i love it, especially online. and of course, this is the best game ever for the Wii. Expand
  98. Jan 21, 2014
    This is by far tied for the best game i have ever played on the Wii, with the other being Super Mario Galaxy. It features all of my favorite Nintendo characters and some new ones that I have grown to love. If you are a newcomer to the Nintendo Universe. Brawl is a way to get you started on an amazing company. If you have a Wii, I would Highly Recommend getting this game. You will likeThis is by far tied for the best game i have ever played on the Wii, with the other being Super Mario Galaxy. It features all of my favorite Nintendo characters and some new ones that I have grown to love. If you are a newcomer to the Nintendo Universe. Brawl is a way to get you started on an amazing company. If you have a Wii, I would Highly Recommend getting this game. You will like every part of this game. See you on the Battlefield. Expand
  99. Feb 8, 2014
    I have yet to explore all the options of the game but, so far, I'm really enjoying myself in both single player and multiplayer. Super Smash Bros Brawl is a gaming dream for quite a few of us Nintendo fans as it combines all our favourite characters in an original, easy-to-play gaming experience.
  100. Mar 31, 2014
    its a huge improvement from last game, more characters, more maps, twice as much content and overall better fighting physics. although the game is still in favor of some franchises over others, theirs still 4 mario characters and ONE sonic character?, like they dont have enough to chose from, still a very good game
  101. Aug 29, 2010

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.