8.9

1. Nov 10, 2012
    The celebration of all things Nintendo! A fun game with plenty to do. Great characters, stages and music. A must-have for Wii! The controls are responsive, with varied modes and even an excellent adventure mode that is very entertaining.
  2. Mar 9, 2012
    What this game is; is the greatest game of all time! I enjoyed brawl. SO much better than melee. It has ALOT of features in this game. From fighting with your friends to building stages. This is deserve a must buy to any wii gamer in the world. Graphics: 9.5 Gameplay: 10.0 Story: 9.0 Features: 10.0 Overall: 9.8
  3. Apr 21, 2013
    Excellent game. I would recommend it to anybody. Worth every penny. Excellent moves, great graphics, and extreme addictiveness, and nice storyline makes this game the incredible game I knew it would be
  4. Jan 8, 2011
    This game is the best crossover game there is. Mario fights Luigi? Fox fights Kirby? Link fights himself with different clothes? Nintendo characters fight each other with Sonic and Snake involved? It's all here. If you love Melee, Nintendo or just a good fighting game, then what are you doing? The single player mode, The Subspace Emissary is a story that's basically the characters have toThis game is the best crossover game there is. Mario fights Luigi? Fox fights Kirby? Link fights himself with different clothes? Nintendo characters fight each other with Sonic and Snake involved? It's all here. If you love Melee, Nintendo or just a good fighting game, then what are you doing? The single player mode, The Subspace Emissary is a story that's basically the characters have to stop an evil Army involving Master Hand, Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, King Dedede (and maybe Wolf? Not sure about him) and a whole lot of things to stop turning game characters into statues as collectibles for some evil guy. You may think it's dull, but it's not. It's the way characters interact with each other. Them mission are also really good. Ever wanted Fox in Donkey Kong Country? You can do that here. There's a whole lot more. Unfortunately, I bought a copy with a bug in it that makes it impossible to complete it. Shame that... Also unfortunately, I can't do multiplayer because a Wi-Fi tower near my house has been out of order for quite a while, but I've been told it's really good. So if you want a great fighter game, this is a great choice. Nine out of ten from me. Expand
  5. Aug 2, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10/10.........................................................................................................................
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    Bringing characters throughout Nintendo and uniting gamers anywhere in a challenge to have a wonderful time competing with each other. Who ever you play or play with you are going to have great fun no matter what. The story unites all our Nintendo heroes together fighting their way through in a wonderful plot, whether you were the bad guy in the end you would eventually reach the lastBringing characters throughout Nintendo and uniting gamers anywhere in a challenge to have a wonderful time competing with each other. Who ever you play or play with you are going to have great fun no matter what. The story unites all our Nintendo heroes together fighting their way through in a wonderful plot, whether you were the bad guy in the end you would eventually reach the last boss......spoilers Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2013
    Probably one of the greatest party games ever created. The graphics are great for a Wii game and the multiplayer and single player options guarantee that players will continue playing for a long time.
  8. May 5, 2013
    Hands down my favorite Wii game ever. It's a blast to play with friends, has crazy amounts of content and you can beat the snot out of your least favorite Nintendo characters with the incredibly tight controls. You also have 4 different controller options and can customize the controls so you can have the perfect fighting experience.
  9. Jun 26, 2013
    As a kid, I remember playing the first Super Smash Bros., saying to myself, "It just can't get better than this". Later, Melee came out and I was proven wrong. After playing Melee for a solid 100 hours, I said, "There's no way it can get any better than this!" Then, Brawl came out, and I was proven wrong yet again.

Brawl is, without a doubt, the most complete Smash Bros. game to date.

Brawl is, without a doubt, the most complete Smash Bros. game to date. There are tens of characters to play as, dozens of stages (not to mention you can build your own), hundreds of trophies, and many different gameplay modes to mess with. There's also a pretty good story mode, which is a change for the series.

The only flaw with this game is the online play with random strangers. Saying that there's lag is an understatement.

All in all, this is the best Smash Bros. yet. There's no way it can get better than this (or can it... WiiU?)
  10. Aug 16, 2013
    very amazing game. Every mode is fun. especially the adventure mode. the cutscenes are great, and I experienced no lag. The only reason that this game is rated less than a nine is because there are some crazy halo fans who are putting other games down even though halo hasn't had a decent game in years! *looks at crazychief112* but this is easily one of the best games ever released on the Wii.
  11. May 5, 2013
    This is presented excellently, the graphics look realistic and the gameplay was what I have expected, ever since playing the first two games. Nintendo has gotten serious into these type of games and have given it their best shot.
  12. May 12, 2013
    If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of.If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of. You get an expanded roster of some the most iconic Nintendo characters, plus now for the first time 3rd-party characters Snake and Sonic. With highly detailed graphics it makes watching the fighting even more enjoyable, which is also a minor problem because there's so much going on that you can't fully enjoy the detail. The biggest part this game had to offer was the fact that it had online play, which would mean that we could pown noobs anywhere now, but unfortunately that didn't really meet our expectations. Now in this one there's a story mode along with the usual material, and that is probable the not so great part of this game. it goes on for too long, and is not that entirely interesting; it is at times, just not all the time. Now for the best part: VS mode. by far the greatest 4 player fighting game to date, or the greatest I can think of. Just casual producer as always, pick your character and stage, then proceed to beat the living crap out of your friends. There was also the introduction to final smashes, which are these dazzling super moves that can clear the stage of enemies. This was always the one thing I think didn't need to be in the game; it's great though how you can just turn it off with ease, it can be seen as unfair because players could just wait for the smash ball to appear and just use that to win. Now for why I love this game. Don't you love it when you see an image from your childhood in a cool game or movie? Well for me I was excited to kick all my friends asses with Meta knight! Now though it's seen as unfair to play as him. What's also cool is that this game doesn't focus on combo's and special moves like most previous fighting games do, but instead tries to give players; or rather force others, to use strategy while fighting. Characters don't have a label on their heads saying how to be played, all characters can be played differently and can be efficient, but some have certain advantages over others, but none that are major. So in conclusion I think this is one of the best fighting games of all time; please note I said "one" of greatest, and I wish I could play it now. Expand
  13. Jul 3, 2013
    This is pretty much the greatest game of all time. It kicks Sony's shameless rip off's ass. More characters, More features, more stages, more trophies, stickers, outstanding story mode, this game is just awesome!
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    The best SSB out of all... even though some of the characters that i thought really didn't need to be on there, it was a good addition to the fray. Definitely worth your money and your free time. If you just want to see your favorite nintendo characters and guests duke it out then this is the game for you other than SSBM. Where should i start? Amazing graphics to make a more dim lookThe best SSB out of all... even though some of the characters that i thought really didn't need to be on there, it was a good addition to the fray. Definitely worth your money and your free time. If you just want to see your favorite nintendo characters and guests duke it out then this is the game for you other than SSBM. Where should i start? Amazing graphics to make a more dim look to it, absolutely no dialogue but who would notice with a great story, great music and remixes and so much more. If you haven't played this game you will love this game or just give it shot i bet you would like it. Expand
  15. Jun 22, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of my favourite games ever. There is just so much to do and it's so fun, it's hard to stop playing once you've started. Characters are quite well balanced and you'll probably find one who you really like. And this game actually just gets better the more you play it!
  16. Jun 22, 2013
    Ok, heres the deal, GET THIS AMAZING GAME, this game cannot be forgotten, and although there is a little bit of unbalance in this game, the story mode is fantastic, the online play is fun but can get annoying if people just camp, and playing with friends is the best thing ever
  17. Oct 24, 2013
    Right after I played the first match I was instantly hooked to this game, I'm pretty sure I have played this game longer then any other. The only reason i gave it a 9 is because of bad online, and some bad stages,characters, and items. But overall this game is tied with Super Mario Galaxy as my favorite Wii games.
  18. Jul 10, 2013
    With fun visuals and interesting characters to fight against each other, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is the perfect game for a video game lover. My favorite Wii game to date.
  19. Nov 3, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting/party game I've ever played. It's best with your friends when the atmosphere is so intense, that you can see in the air. Even thou there is lot of characters which won't be so familiar for most of players. Characters can still be individuals and different from others. There's lots of customisation in game modes so you can customize pretty muchSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting/party game I've ever played. It's best with your friends when the atmosphere is so intense, that you can see in the air. Even thou there is lot of characters which won't be so familiar for most of players. Characters can still be individuals and different from others. There's lots of customisation in game modes so you can customize pretty much how you want to play the game.
    +lots of characters
    + maps (try final destination)
    +playing with friends
    +skill level
    +lot's of customization options (like power ups, items n stuff)
    +gameplay is pure gold
    +music
    -if no friends, alone ain't fun to play
  20. Aug 8, 2013
    Game is pretty much the best fighting game ever made for a Nintendo console. The adventure is fantastic, and the roster is just big enough that your brain doesn't explode. If you do not have this game, I pity you.
  21. Jan 15, 2014
    This is by far my favorite fighting game (not to mention my favorite Super Smash Bros. game) it has more content then any other fighter ever and the best story (in my opinion) ever in a fighter, and that's not to mention the amazing selection of characters. This game has no competitor it's just to good.
  22. Sep 11, 2013
    All I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she'sAll I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she's even WORSE than ever!

Aside the long loading times, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a real treat. Score: 4/5.
  23. Oct 17, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW,THATS AN ORDER.This game is my favorite fighting game if a large roster,creative modes,easy to master controls,graphic that look like that the great artist leonardo da vinci painted them,music that deserves to be on it's own sound track,sounds that sound like what they should sound like,and gameplay BEYOND your wildest dreams.BUY IT NOW
  24. Jan 23, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game! For those of you who didnt like it, its obvious they are probably not nintendo fans, so get off our console and keep your complaints to yourself. no point in spoiling this meta score with biased nonsense. must have for wii owners (who like wii)...
  25. Mar 21, 2011
    Finally. I'm doing my review of a multiplayer masterpiece! On April 26, 1999, Nintendo released Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64, which is marked as the systems best multiplayer game, competing with GoldenEye. On December 2, 2001, Nintendo kicked off the start of the Gamecube days with the famous Super Smash Bros Melee, which put the N64 original to shame. Then, In 2008, NintendoFinally. I'm doing my review of a multiplayer masterpiece! On April 26, 1999, Nintendo released Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64, which is marked as the systems best multiplayer game, competing with GoldenEye. On December 2, 2001, Nintendo kicked off the start of the Gamecube days with the famous Super Smash Bros Melee, which put the N64 original to shame. Then, In 2008, Nintendo released the newest addition into the franchise, which would make the other two games look like children's toys. I'm talking of course about Super Smash Bros BRAWL, for the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo took a big step with this monster, and I have yet to meet anyone who played this game and didn't love the crap out of it. Even a friend of mine who mainly only plays shooters all the time, LOVES this game. So, what's so great about this game? Everything. First off, let's talk about the most important aspect of any game, the gameplay. It works very similarly to Melee, but a few things have been added. like the Smash Ball. This item has been loved as the best add on to the game so far. During a match, sometimes a Smash Ball will appear. If you can get it before anyone else can, you can activate your characters Smash Move. Each character has a different Smash, Link does a triforce omni-slash, Kirby cooks his enemies in a pot, Mario shoots giant fire balls that cover the whole field, and Sonic transforms into Super Sonic, that's right Sonic fans they added Sonic :) Character selection is better than ever. Unfortunately, they removed a couple of favorites like Mewtwo, Young Link, and Roy to add others like Toon Link, Ike, Wolf, and (Metal Gear fans get ready) SNAKE! Luckily they kept a few characters that entered the battlefield in Melee like Peach, Marth, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Falco. But enough about that, what about multiplayer? Well of course, it wouldn't be Smash bros without multiplayer, but they made it better. Not only does it have the classic multiplayer that Melee and Smash Bros 1 had, but they also added.....(are you ready? Ready yet? Here it comes!) ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!! Every Smash Bros fans dream come true, worldwide online multiplayer. BAM! Right in the face! Don't get too excited though, because the online multiplayer may be awesome, but it has noticeable flaws. For example: as always with the Wii, connecting with friends online is a pain with the friend codes, but once you are able to connect to a friend online, it gets a lot of fun from there. Another flaw is the fact that Smash Bros Brawl is actually pretty laggy. It's not always lagging, you'll usually come across some nicely moving games, but it has more of a chance to get laggy than most other online Wii games. One really cool thing about the online is that you can watch other matches that are going on right now. You can either be in the fight, or in the audience. A nice add on I think. One other bad thing about the online is it can take a while to find players, maybe 5 minutes at the most though. The adventure mode actually goes way beyond what Melee did. Unlike the past 2 games, Brawl follows a story in Adventure mode.While the story itself could be a bit better, it's still extremely enjoyable. It runs much like a classic platformer when adventuring, and when you get in the fights, it's a lot of fun. But my favorite add on to the new game is the trophies and stickers. I know Melee had trophies, but they weren't as addicting as these ones. Brawl has alot more trophies than Melee, as well as stickers and sountracks. All this stuff is like unlocking Xbox achievments, but you're doing it on the Wii, ON SMASH BROS!! A very epic win. Just trying to unlock all the trophies and stickers and sountracks will keep you very very VERY busy. Hope you have time to spare, it will take a REALLY long time to unlock every achievement in this game. Overall, Brawl is the best Smash bros game since the N64 classic, and is very addicting when it comes to multiplayer. You and you're friends will have a ton of fun with this monster, This game is a MUST BUY for anyone who has a Wii, or for anyone who just loves good multiplayer games. Very few flaws in this game, but not enough of them to interfere with the awesomness that it Super Smash Bros. A 10/10. Expand
  26. Apr 23, 2011
    This game is undoubtedly one of Nintendo's, if not the the entire gaming world's, finest creations. With so much to do, so many characters, and just such an enjoyable concept, this game is the best on the Wii and a contester for best game EVER. Easily a 10 out of 10, every wii owner must have it.
  27. May 28, 2011
    With so many (really good) user scores, I know my review won't make a dent in the average. Still, this is worth writing. SSBB is the best game I have ever played. I can say that with absolute confidence. Is this targeted to little kids? NO! This game is for everyone, and even MK fans would enjoy this. The story is crazy good, i mean absolutely amazing, i mean better tha anything you'veWith so many (really good) user scores, I know my review won't make a dent in the average. Still, this is worth writing. SSBB is the best game I have ever played. I can say that with absolute confidence. Is this targeted to little kids? NO! This game is for everyone, and even MK fans would enjoy this. The story is crazy good, i mean absolutely amazing, i mean better tha anything you've ever seen. The graphics are absolutely marvelously polished, and the environments look fabulous. The stages are more diverse and exciting, but don't worry! Some of the old stages from melee are back! As are some of the characters. That's where this game truly shines. There are so many characters, and all of them are fun to play with. Also, there are more items to play around with, and the new final smashes make you feel like you're going super saiyan. (Sadly, super sonic is as close as it gets) There are a few clones, but who cares? There are a ton of differences between characters, and every character is amazing. The controls are completely responsive, and don't screw around, and the camera works fine. the cutscenes look great, and really help an already great storyline. You know, I actually traded this game in? Yeah, bad idea. here i am, typing this, waiting until my birthday so i can have it again. Yes, it is good enough to provide limitless replayability, great stories, and make you want it even after hundreds of hours of play. I swear to god, if you buy something else before this, I will find you. I wish i had an eleven. TEN! Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2011
    This thing in one word: EPIC!
    According to nintendo channel, I have played this game (also including the times I accidentally left it on all night) for over 380 HOURS! It's simply the best fighting game EVER!
  29. Jul 14, 2012
    i give it a 10. it's fun, one website said it took 100 hours of game play. but that only if you're going for 100% like THE full 100% not just every character, ever perk(Known as a sticker)and every trophy.
    i don't see why people hate it. probably because they can't beat the final boss. he(if it has a gender) is very VERY hard. but one factor i like about this game is the 2 3rd party characters,*spoiler alert, if you do not want to get spoils i'll tell you when it ends*Sonic and metal snake*spoilers end here*. another thing people probably hate is because Geno(character from super mario RPG) wasn't there and Ridley and meta-ridley weren't playable.
  30. Mar 20, 2012
    Enterteining, complete, spectacular and varied. It is one of the best games of Wii, and it do not have fault. Simply it is more than you can wait in a game.
  31. Apr 4, 2012
    this is the best fighting game on the wii console, in addition mode subspace emissary gives a look of adventure fighting game to smash the ball over nintendo.En gives each character has a supreme and unstoppable attack was provided to has to see the characters suchas personne.but for sonic, pikachu, bowser, wario the finish are virtually unstoppable.
  32. Nov 12, 2012
    It has fantastic graphics,awesome arsenal and game play.I give it to each one 10/10.Overall:3/3.The buttons 1 and 2 make animations.For example:If you press the button 1 while you're using Mario it grow.
  33. Nov 4, 2012
    Well,basically this is the best game i played on the Wii,yeah,that's it. the controls are perfect,the characters are awesome,the soundtrack melts my ears,and the story is pure fun.damn,even Sonic got the honor of being into this game,Solid Snake as well.
  34. Nov 24, 2012
    The absolute best fighting game I have ever played. This game has so much content, that it doesn't even work on some Wii consoles. This is my lone problem with this game. I have brought this game to friends' houses only to find that their Wii will not run this game. Many would argue this is a hardware issue, and I agree mostly. These issues aside, SSBB is the must have fighting gameThe absolute best fighting game I have ever played. This game has so much content, that it doesn't even work on some Wii consoles. This is my lone problem with this game. I have brought this game to friends' houses only to find that their Wii will not run this game. Many would argue this is a hardware issue, and I agree mostly. These issues aside, SSBB is the must have fighting game of this console generation. 9/10 Expand
  35. Apr 7, 2013
    I got this game around 2010, and was instantly hooked. The graphics are epic, the fights are epic, and the story is super epic. I think it deserved to be the last 10 in Nintendo Power history! (R.I.P. Nintendo Power)
  36. Apr 10, 2014
    The greatest game of the entire generation. So much love and attention to detail went into making this masterpiece, sakurai has truly out did himself.

The content in this game is absolutely unbelievable.
  37. Jan 26, 2014
    Too floaty and bloated by attack lag, it's still a SSB. Smash Bros. 64 will always be my favorite. I hope the next game is more balanced. Some character's KO moves with high knock-back are too easy to use in this game.
  38. Feb 27, 2011
    Great fighting. Great Roster. Great story. Man, I have a PS3, but i would always go to my friend's house just to play this game, because it's fun as hell. Probably the best Wii game, but not nearly close to the best game ever. 10/10
  39. Oct 31, 2011
    this is probaly THE best game nintendo have made the caracters are all individual the story is apsoultly supurb and the brilliant thing is it is easy to pick up and hard to master.HANDS DOWN THE BEST GAME NINTENDO WILL EVER MAKE EXEPT FOR THE SEQUEL
  40. Jun 14, 2011
    it's the greatest game on the wii. its the reason to have a wii. and anybody who doesnt rate this a 10 or a 9 is an idiot. hell, it's just as good as halo.
  41. Feb 21, 2012
    Best fighting video game franchise in the video game history, seriously!! I had so much fun with this little gem that I cant recall bad memories of this game only enjoyable ones. Looking forward to the new Wii U super smash bros
  42. Nov 14, 2010
    The best fighting game of all time, its largest flaw lies in that it was not playtested quite enough.

The game is a fun fighting game. The single player is enjoyable, and there is some good exploration there, as well as some fun challenge. There are also single player challenges which test your skill. The real meat of the game is the competitive multiplayer, and it is excellent - the

The real meat of the game is the competitive multiplayer, and it is excellent - the best in the series. The controls are simple and intuitive, but the gameplay is very deep. Knocking foes off leads to all sorts of very interesting implications as far as gamplay is concerned, and the game is overall very enjoyable.

However, there are some flaws. Metaknight is the best character in the game, and it isn't controversial - he is simply too good. While he may not be ONLY advantageous matchups, he is very nearly so, and he can abuse the game in ways that are pretty unfun.

King Dedede has a chain grab which is incredibly obnoxious and, on a stage with walk-off edges, becomes an automatic KO if he grabs his foe. This results in these stages all being banned from competitive play, which exacerbates the issues with Metaknight, as stages with walk-off edges are his worst stages.

The supers are overpowered, resulting in them not being usable in tournament play.

Some items are really obnoxious, and because of their swinginess again are turned off in tournament play, and are even a bit obnoxious in casual play.

Overall, though, the game is great, and the flaws don't render the game bad, merely imperfect.
  43. Jan 25, 2011
    A lot of people have condemned this game because of either the disease known as fanboyism or the fact the have the attention span of an 8 year old on a sugar rush. This game has picked up on the forerunner of other companies and integrated the near perfectly. The game manages to innovate while still maintaining the core formula. The character unlocks are designed so that if you can notA lot of people have condemned this game because of either the disease known as fanboyism or the fact the have the attention span of an 8 year old on a sugar rush. This game has picked up on the forerunner of other companies and integrated the near perfectly. The game manages to innovate while still maintaining the core formula. The character unlocks are designed so that if you can not complete one criteria, there is always plan B. I rate this game a 9 only because it can et chaotic with a 4 player brawl and there's LAGGG in multiplayer wifi and lag is a worse crime than Rape X Murder Expand
  44. Nov 21, 2010
    I have to say Nintendo has improved this franchise by alot, in a good way. Smash bros has never been so addictiting and fun than ever before. I honestly loved this game, but there is one flaw that buyers should consider. After you beat this game you will be weeping for more after.
  45. Nov 3, 2011
    Phenomenal game for the ages. Best fighting Game I have ever had the opportunity to play. Only one's cutting it close are, besides Brawl's predecessors, Soul Calibur II and IV.
  46. May 29, 2013
    I really don't mind that there is almost no online multiplayer, because the regular multiplayer in this game is already fine. I really love all of those reviews about how this game is unbalanced; PSASBR is very unbalanced, making this game seem perfectly fair. I like this game more that PSASBR as well because there are obvious skill levels in this game, I can easily beat people that don'tI really don't mind that there is almost no online multiplayer, because the regular multiplayer in this game is already fine. I really love all of those reviews about how this game is unbalanced; PSASBR is very unbalanced, making this game seem perfectly fair. I like this game more that PSASBR as well because there are obvious skill levels in this game, I can easily beat people that don't play as much as me. In PSASBR, my friend came over, and was almost on par with my skills event though it was his first time playing it ever. Maybe because you get the skill from this game, and show it on PSASBR, I don't know. I've heard about 'clones,' whoever has commented about this seriously hasn't played Melee. Let's take Fox and Falco for example, in Melee, both of them have red lasers, that just touch the enemy, an their move sets are very similar. In Brawl, Falco shoots blue beams of energy, and knocks the opponent back. Whereas Fox has a red beam of energy and has the same effect as in Melee. Their down b's are also different, in Melee, Falco and Fox just held their shield in place. In brawl, Falco kicks his down b shield, and Fox does the same as he did in Melee. Same with Ganon and Cpt. Falcon, their moves are slightly different, unlike in Melee. Someone mentioned the subspace emissary? compare it to PSASBR, the only game to really compare this game to. I a really annoyed with people complaining about the music. You know what I'm going to suggest, look at PSASBR. This along with stage problems, ever try PSASBR, in that game, the stage stops after a small amount of playing on it (stock matches especially evident), in SSBB, the stage continues, and keeps pace. Whatever people say about this game, I will still ask you to refer to PSASBR, to see if it is any better. I will only start to complain if the next Super Smash Bros game is worse than this one. My Verdict is the same at 9.8/10, online is almost (if not) literally impossible to use. Expand
  47. Jul 28, 2014
    Cute and funny adventure game with a fighting mode starring nintendo classics like Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Bowser and the gang, and awesome 3rd party characters Sonic and Snake. I have had so much fun with this game with my friends and family, and is one of the better Wii games.
  48. Jan 28, 2013
    Although I now consider Nintendo to be the worst company on earth (not just videogame company, but any type of company), I do want to give them respect when they deserve it. SSB is actually an aquired taste. With the input delay, you really have to learn timing and avoid button mashing to get good. Playstation All-Stars is superior in the sense that you can actually form deep fighting gameAlthough I now consider Nintendo to be the worst company on earth (not just videogame company, but any type of company), I do want to give them respect when they deserve it. SSB is actually an aquired taste. With the input delay, you really have to learn timing and avoid button mashing to get good. Playstation All-Stars is superior in the sense that you can actually form deep fighting game combos, but SSB is better overall because it is a much bigger game with a richer history. Nintendo, I hate you, but you have made some good games in the past. Expand
  49. Oct 22, 2010
    This game is the best in the universe. Totally buy it. The graphics are amazing too, so buy it.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy iiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttt
  50. Jan 21, 2011
    Hello, this is Danny T. and this is my first review!!!!!
    SSBB Rating: 100/100
    The only reason that i giv this game a 100 out of 100 is because i cannot find any flaws at all. Don't tell me that it takes too long to load, this game is obviously loaded with tons of things to do. And you truly cannot ask for any more characters. This is probably the only game that i am going to give a
    Hello, this is Danny T. and this is my first review!!!!!
    SSBB Rating: 100/100
    Don't tell me that it takes too long to load, this game is obviously loaded with tons of things to do. And you truly cannot ask for any more characters. This is probably the only game that i am going to give a perfect rating to. Wonderful music, graphics, story (SSE), controls, and many things to do. This is my absolute favourite game.
  51. May 1, 2011
    Greatest game of all time in my opinion and I've been playing video games since day one. It is so simple, yet so complex. So fun for kids, yet so ingenious that it makes for great tournaments.
  52. May 12, 2011
    We All know Brawl is the Best in the Series sure it may have terrible loading times and Horrible online mode but still doesn't change the fact it was fun!
  53. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is amazing the best super smash bros ever i played this all summer long and smoked pot and drank beers and just had a good time and this game is amazing
  54. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Unlimited amounts of replayabiltity, battles of epic proportions, all of my favorite nintendo characters on one incredible roster, unparalleled fighting gameplay, Final smashes, 60 frames per second . . . Need I continue??
  55. Dec 4, 2014
    Truly the best game in the Smash Bros series. (At least until I played Smash for Wii U, that is) It is without a doubt, perfect. One thing people complain about is that melee was better. I don't understand why anyone would speak of such wild claims. Brawl has better characters, no annoying, uncreative clones, (the few clones left in the game were made a bit more unique), more stages thatTruly the best game in the Smash Bros series. (At least until I played Smash for Wii U, that is) It is without a doubt, perfect. One thing people complain about is that melee was better. I don't understand why anyone would speak of such wild claims. Brawl has better characters, no annoying, uncreative clones, (the few clones left in the game were made a bit more unique), more stages that have more unique gimmicks and personality to them, stage builder, Online multiplayer, more and better items, the option to change music frequency (which was incredible to me), and a masterpiece of an Adventure Mode, compared to Melee's, which is horrid. The Subspace Emissary has a beautiful story line and is completely accomplished with no speech. If that isn't a true masterpiece, I don't know what is.

People complain that Brawl has tripping, laggy internet, and poor framerate, but is devoid of wave-dashing and L-canceling. ALL of this is utter NONSENSE. The only time I had lag issues online was with my friend who lived 5 minutes away, but my whole house had wifi troubles for the brief period, as I was skyping him at the same time. If you have laggy internet matches, that's your fault, not the game's. Plus, at least brawl has online matches, unlike melee. Its better than nothing. The framerate supposedly runs at 60fps, and i never noticed it dropping. It all seemed rather fluent to me. Maybe try dusting off your wii, eh complainers? Tripping also never occurred to me as an issue, except on Icy stages, but that was the gimmick. Perhaps tripping others was put in as a tactical technique to stun the opponent, since i was never able to figure it out.

Speaking of which, I have never heard of Melee's advance techniques until a few months ago, and I had the game since 2008-ish. Wave dashing looks pointless unless you're Luigi, because theress this function in the game called normal dashing, that is equally as effective and so much easier to pull off. L-canceling actually looks useful, but it was not supposed to be in the game. It is sort of like an unpatched bug, and hence, using the technique would be cheating in a sense. Plus, its about as cheap as tripping others.

Snake is not gonna be in Smash 4. Give it up, fanboys.

Same with Ridley.

And Roy from Fire Emblem.
  56. Dec 9, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a game that you should have in your Wii collection. Its content and modes will keep you busy for a looooooooong time. Its main focus is brawling with Nintendo characters with the exception of 2 other characters that i won't mention. It contains more than 25 characters in its roster that will satisfy you for a long time. But it has problems, firstly, the on lineSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is a game that you should have in your Wii collection. Its content and modes will keep you busy for a looooooooong time. Its main focus is brawling with Nintendo characters with the exception of 2 other characters that i won't mention. It contains more than 25 characters in its roster that will satisfy you for a long time. But it has problems, firstly, the on line in this game is horrible, you can barely get connected with anyone, then there is the tripping, its annoying, unnecessary and dumb. There is a mode called The Subspace Emissary which is Adventure Mode and it is... okay. Overall, this game is a must-buy for the Wii and you will be proud to have it in your collection. Expand
  57. Dec 9, 2014
    This and Wii Sports Resort are the reasons why I still own my Wii, this game is just as good as Melee. I really like how you can use multiple controllers, even the Wii remote and nunchuck. The single player is a little bit boring but fun, gameplay is great, the 2 player is fun especially in the campaign which makes the story better.

Pros: Fun 2 player Great gameplay Good combat

Pros: Fun 2 player
    Great gameplay
    Good combat mechanics

Cons: Repitive Story
  58. Nov 21, 2014
    Best game of all time. So much content that will you keep you playing this game for ages. It's a shame that Nintendo had to shut down the online because Basic Brawl is really popular and NEVER lagged for me.
  59. Dec 3, 2014
    It's Smash Bros. It's good. The only bad things are the limits of the Stage Builder, the tripping, and how some usually cartoon-like characters were made realistic. Just a few nit-picks, but an overall amazing game.
  60. Dec 8, 2014
    If you want to play this as a family game, you'll love it because of the amount of content in it.
    If you want to play it as a competitive game, I say that this game isn't for you. It's got a lot of unnecessary things such as tripping, and some characters are simply Over-Powered.
  61. Jan 7, 2015
    This game is literally perfect, I mean PERFECT. There is nothing I didn't like about this game. There is a large variety of characters, character animations that stay true to their original games, great graphics (especially for the Wii), and a wide set of combos and smash moves. It also has a stage creator which can be a lot of fun too. This is one of the only games in which the Wii remoteThis game is literally perfect, I mean PERFECT. There is nothing I didn't like about this game. There is a large variety of characters, character animations that stay true to their original games, great graphics (especially for the Wii), and a wide set of combos and smash moves. It also has a stage creator which can be a lot of fun too. This is one of the only games in which the Wii remote and nun-chuck actually worked great with. This game is absurdly fun to play with friends and family or even by yourself! 10/10 (Masterpiece) Expand
  62. Dec 30, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a highly addicting party fighting game that I've put in over 100 hours of playing. Its only flaw is in how unbalanced everything is and The Great Maze. But other than that, this is a truly fantastic fighting game.
  63. Feb 18, 2015
    A fighting game that can last the ages, far better than the original, better than it's popular older brother, and even a fair fight against that of Smash 5. An expansive campaign mode, incredible control, amazing graphics and sound, THIS is top 5 best games of all time material, right here. A 10/10 by me.
  64. Jan 14, 2015
    The best game in the series, a huge roster, great multiplayer, plenty of replay value and the most fun multiplayer of the series, not to mention a great story mode.

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.