Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

8.9

1. mikew
    Jan 5, 2008
    the game super smash bros. brawl is almost a perfect 10 out of 10. This game has multiplayer, which most Wii games don't ,also it has online. I t has everything inside, multi player, online , mario, "fatality" (super smash ball), trophies (achievements), story mode, battle mode, and a million others, it has many features and add on too, and most important part is, it's frickinthe game super smash bros. brawl is almost a perfect 10 out of 10. This game has multiplayer, which most Wii games don't ,also it has online. I t has everything inside, multi player, online , mario, "fatality" (super smash ball), trophies (achievements), story mode, battle mode, and a million others, it has many features and add on too, and most important part is, it's frickin FUN. I recomend buying it the first day it comes out (feb. 10. 2008) Expand
  2. AdamB.
    Feb 27, 2008
    New characters, new stages, new moves, Smash Bros. has just gotten a whole lot better!
  3. JonH.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Nintendo did good, they made a MUCH better single player and the only reason why someone wouldn't like it is because they don't have any friends but now you don't need to, theres wifi play.
  4. DennisG.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Multiplayer games don't get better than this.
  5. SamK.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This game is excellent. It took everything great about Smash Bros, and made it better. I give this game a 9.9/10 because of the lack of using the d-pad on the classic controller even if you change the control scheme, but everything else tottally makes up for it. My final thoughts. Buy this game. It is so worth the 57 bucks
  6. RoryF.
    Mar 19, 2008
    To Presen T, to say this is just a recycled melee shows that you havent even played this game, the amount of extra content in this game is huge. Not like Halo3 which is essentially "enhanced hill physics" and better graphics. Simply put, this is the game of Nintendo fans' dreams and a solid fighter in its own right.
  7. WesleyA.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Wonderful game, the best game ever so far. If you thought Galaxy was good, this is even better!
  8. TheRyan
    Mar 9, 2008
    The game offers crazy amount of action and it never lets up. Great playing solo or multiplayer. A must buy for Wii owners.
  9. JohnJ.
    Apr 3, 2008
    This game is simply amazing. A real masterpiece!
  10. JohnF.
    Apr 3, 2008
    I love this game, all my family is super into it! I also love how giantbomb gave it the lowest score to maybe get more hits in there page.
  11. DarwinZ.
    Apr 4, 2008
    This is my FAVORITE game by far! it is so fun, and packs a great kick! i love it! and i'm so glad i got it! BEST EVER!
  12. CalebH.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Best game for the Wii yet and best installment in the SSB series. Chock full of Nintendo nostalgia and awesome multiplayer action. Years of enjoyment!
  13. TSwan
    May 1, 2008
    Deep as a fighter, Nintendo history class, and multiplayer game. No fight is EVER the same. Millions of collectables, online matches, definitely 100%.
  14. JustinS
    May 4, 2008
    WHAT ARE SOME OF YOU PEOPLE THINKING!!!!! This is one of the greatest games out on the market. If you don't like how they are not changing anything, then go play something else. I wouldn't change anything ether if the first two where complete hits, what's the point? I say keep up the good work.
  15. NohC.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Great game, i have all 3 ssb and melee looks like a demo compared to brawl. I can play 3 hours a day. Also wifi battles are rely cool. this is not a waste of money. I give my word to all parents, its a great game your kid will live. Not a waste. 10 out of 10.
  16. SkylerO.
    Aug 15, 2008
    Excellent game. It's lack of hitstun and it's slower speed make combos non-existent. Fun for parties, but not as tournament viable as it's predecessor.
  17. AlanL.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Oh my gosh, this game is awesome! Is the best game on Wii in my opinion. Is glory to have Sonic and Snake among the team.
  18. JamesW
    Feb 5, 2009
    It's not trying to reinvent the series, so don't expect that. What you should expect is the biggest homage to Nintendo ever, with great gameplay (single, co-op, multiplayer or online) to boot. Highly recommended.
  19. joshla
    Jan 7, 2010
    This game utilizes NONE of the Wii's controls....no shaking, no pointing, no tilting, no nothing..WHY?
  20. AckTar
    Oct 17, 2008
    It is an excellent game that would be amazing as a stand-alone game. 37 characters, a ton of stages, and generally high replay value make this a great party or tournament game. The problem, though, is that Melee is simply a better game in terms of the engine and the balance, and it is a more competitive game. People complain about it being not competitive enough, and rightfully so. Buy It is an excellent game that would be amazing as a stand-alone game. 37 characters, a ton of stages, and generally high replay value make this a great party or tournament game. The problem, though, is that Melee is simply a better game in terms of the engine and the balance, and it is a more competitive game. People complain about it being not competitive enough, and rightfully so. Buy it, but fans of Melee should NOT expect Melee 2.0. Expand
  21. DavidC.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This is a rare game in the fact that the few negatives are completely over-shadowed by the immense positives. If you have a Wii you must buy this game. If you don't have a Wii, you should go buy one and then buy this game.
  22. MarcusN.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Bar far the greatest game of the century. Sakurai done his best and we should admire his masterpiece. 10/10
  23. DJ
    Mar 10, 2008
    No one does it like Nintendo! The multiplaya is in full effect, whether at your crib with friends or online vs the world, this is a next-gen 007 Goldeneye in terms of the addiction and madness! Nintendo pushes the Wiis hardware to levels yet unseen. The graphics and music are simply fantastic and the game runs at a smooth and fast framerate. It would be nice if I could play my homies on a No one does it like Nintendo! The multiplaya is in full effect, whether at your crib with friends or online vs the world, this is a next-gen 007 Goldeneye in terms of the addiction and madness! Nintendo pushes the Wiis hardware to levels yet unseen. The graphics and music are simply fantastic and the game runs at a smooth and fast framerate. It would be nice if I could play my homies on a DS version wirelessly though. How cool would that be? Expand
  24. AllanK.
    Mar 11, 2008
    This game is so sweet! Making maps. Playing wonderful multiplayer. Great minigames and long adventure!
  25. TerryB.
    Mar 10, 2008
    The whole game is head and shoulders above melee, but it's a cruel joke that the fastest way to unlock all the characters is in that godawful Subspace Emissary mode.
  26. A.G.
    Mar 10, 2008
    A bit sluggish (think 64 style, rather than Melee) but with all the modes, challenges, and extras...Brawl will never collect dust.
  27. IanI.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Great game, not quite as good as melee though. Combat seems weaker and the new levels are awful, they generally move alot and like to arbitrarily kill people, not at all balanced. The new customizabillity is great, alot of settings, unfortunately you can't change anything if you want to play online (unless its a friend match) so you are stuck with a timed match, random map, with full Great game, not quite as good as melee though. Combat seems weaker and the new levels are awful, they generally move alot and like to arbitrarily kill people, not at all balanced. The new customizabillity is great, alot of settings, unfortunately you can't change anything if you want to play online (unless its a friend match) so you are stuck with a timed match, random map, with full items...which is no fun at all. Expand
  28. SW
    Mar 13, 2008
    I had never played any Smash Brother games in the past. Since I had a gift card I bought it based only on the hype that surrounded the game. This game does live up to its hype. The sheer number of game modes is overwhelming for someone who has never played SSB before. Playing online is a great experience. It is very polished. The best part is that its re-playability is off the charts! I had never played any Smash Brother games in the past. Since I had a gift card I bought it based only on the hype that surrounded the game. This game does live up to its hype. The sheer number of game modes is overwhelming for someone who has never played SSB before. Playing online is a great experience. It is very polished. The best part is that its re-playability is off the charts! This truly is a game that wii owners will be playing for the life of the system. I own 14 wii games and have never given a perfect 10 to any of them, except this one. Expand
  29. AliK.
    Mar 14, 2008
    A deep single player mode and overall fantastic.
  30. TyeH.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This is by far the best game i have every played in my entire life, it is equal in awsomness to Zelda Ocarina of Time in my opinion!
  31. JulianA.
    Mar 20, 2008
    I think that this is by far, the best game I've played in my gaming experience. Beating all of my owned games, except Super Monkey Ball 2, It is pleasure to my ears and mind.
  32. MarioL.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Best game for the wii for sure.
  33. AnnaS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    I enjoy this game and so does my little cousin.
  34. Samuel
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is the most revolutionary game ever to be invented you would really have to be challenged to give this game anything less than what it deserves, a 100/100
  35. ShaequanR.
    Mar 5, 2008
    How could you give this game anything less than 100%
  36. KobeeH.
    Mar 7, 2008
    So far. So good. played it for about half and hour. The 10 is jumping off point til I go much much deeper. Hopefully the scare stands with my full review.
  37. AlexS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This is the best console game I have ever played.
  38. FowlerS.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Great party game. Lots of options. Fun single player mode!
  39. Michael
    Apr 13, 2008
    You know a game is awesome when the only bad thing people say about it is that 'it didnt reinvent the series'. Smash players don't want a reinvention, they want more content! We've all been spoiled by melee, and Sakurai delivers even more than any of us thought possible. I'm still playing melee, and I'll still be playing brawl in 10 years time!
  40. Daniel
    Apr 1, 2008
    A thoroughly fantastic and magical experience.
  41. NintendoNerds
    Apr 18, 2008
    Awesome game. The more I play it, the more addicted I come.
  42. BobAndrews
    Apr 2, 2008
    This is the best game ever rate this game a ten.
  43. JeffS.
    Apr 2, 2008
    Perfect! this game is awesome. wow whoever gives this any lower than a 7 is seriously a miserable man with no friends. the single player mode is great enough for it, BUT MULTIPLAYER OWNS. it took me a long time to complete and still i am not done...good job nintendo
  44. BrandonB.
    Apr 2, 2008
    This game sweats amazing, if you want a Wii game, and your one of the nine people that doesn't own Brawl, then go to your local retailer and get a freakin' copy already!
  45. RobertG
    Good game over all
  46. ErnieU.
    May 4, 2008
    I thnk its the best game on this console great graphic improvment and gameplay expecially the final smash.
  47. AlecC.
    May 5, 2008
    The epitome of multi-player gaming action. Enough content to last another decade. Too much depth to be called a "Fighting Game."
  48. CalebraD.
    May 5, 2008
    The best the Wii has to offer. Worth buying a Wii for. A must have for any gamer.
  49. NathanW.
    Jul 1, 2008
    It's effectively a love letter to Nintendo fans after over 20 years of wonderful treats and treasures, crammed full of references and easter eggs that will make you smile like a clown on nitrous oxide.
  50. DivineStorm
    Jul 5, 2008
    Probably one of the best games ever. Maybe even better than tekken 3,castlevania symphony of the night,super mario galaxy and metroid prime.
  51. JosephAhrens
    Nov 28, 2008
    I like how there are more characters and places, and how many more weapons are included. I also like the smash ball and smash powers of every character in the game. The story mode can get frustrating, so, I take some time off from playing it for 5 hours. Overall, it is a pretty good game.
  52. BryanPope
    Jan 30, 2008
    With the combination of heroes and villains from some of the most epic games from now to 20 years ago, dozens of beautifully orchistrated music and a TON of maps from several memorable occasions in gaming history, not to mention a solid background of 2 already masterfully crafted fighting games, Brawl is expected to be a perfect game, and anyone dares admit it.
  53. JermaulW.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This game has the everything that melee didn't. The only characters that i don't like are Jigglypuff, Sonic, and . I love everybody else. It also helps that I'm really good at it. I tested it out on online (friend got to it) and is was tested out as a level 26. THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!
  54. ClovisJunior
    Feb 28, 2008
    This game its perfect. Best Wii game I ever played... A realy MUST HAVE !!
  55. SergioA.
    Feb 29, 2008
    It was just put together so amazingly.
  56. DavisWonders
    Feb 8, 2008
    I've only had the game for three days now, and I can easily and honestly say it is the best game on the Wii. It easily beats out its predecessors, SSB and SSBM, by a long shot. It's easily three games in one with the Sub Space Emissary, more than 300 songs (wow), and the multiplayer aspect, not to mention online. It is truly a masterpiece and a must have.
  57. JamesH.
    Mar 11, 2008
    It's more than likely the reason you bought a Wii. And if you didn't know about it's predecessor, Melee, and you're not sure about this one, trust me, It's worth your 50 bones. Hope to see you all on wifi play. (If Nintendo's servers can ever handle the load)
  58. Tyler
    Mar 10, 2008
    Awesome Awesome Awesome. It takes a while to get used to, but once you do, its a smooth ride. If this game doesnt deserve a 10 NOTHING DOES.
  59. KhoiP.
    Mar 10, 2008
    It's decent for a Nintendo game. It didn't improve on much, but neither do First Person Shooters (Bioshock, Resistance and the original Halo are the only ones that did that come to mind), or other fighting games (Street Figther just added new people, Soul Calibur added new people). I gave it a 10 because it was great in my eyes and should yield the same score as other games that It's decent for a Nintendo game. It didn't improve on much, but neither do First Person Shooters (Bioshock, Resistance and the original Halo are the only ones that did that come to mind), or other fighting games (Street Figther just added new people, Soul Calibur added new people). I gave it a 10 because it was great in my eyes and should yield the same score as other games that receive high marks for the same amount of improvement.I do love this game though. The online fighting makes the game worthwhile. Expand
  60. FilazaferX.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Games that give you great multi-player, single player, and online gaming are the only ones that deserve a 10 out of 10. This game does all of that. Sometimes you will be playing and you might think, "This could get boring and repetitive." Minutes later you will have a great, classic battle or find a new challenge to beat. Nintendo at it's best always finds new ways to keep you Games that give you great multi-player, single player, and online gaming are the only ones that deserve a 10 out of 10. This game does all of that. Sometimes you will be playing and you might think, "This could get boring and repetitive." Minutes later you will have a great, classic battle or find a new challenge to beat. Nintendo at it's best always finds new ways to keep you interested. This game does that and I know I will get my $50 worth. I would like to see them take this one step further. How about a smash brothers online in a much larger map? 32 players would be possible if it was online and all of the players weren't on screen together at the same time. Just a thought, now go buy the game. Expand
  61. JoE.
    Mar 13, 2008
    If you have a wii go buy it. end of story. ignore all the zeros, those are from people who sit in their room playing wow all day with no friends and are likely to become homocidal maniacs. or are emos, whatever floats your boat. if you liked melee youll love this one.
  62. BriannaK.
    Mar 13, 2008
    People who think this is not much of a step up from melee's graphics need to play one of the melee stages available in Brawl. You'll feel like barfing, the difference is that profound.
  63. DanA.
    Mar 14, 2008
    One of the most amazing games ever made. Not as good as Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess, but definitely securing it's third place spot on the Wii's game library.
  64. JeddyB.
    Marvelous good fun.
  65. BrianM.
    Mar 14, 2008
    One of the best smash bros within it's series.
  66. DiegoR.
    Mar 15, 2008
    One of the few must own games on the Wii. Steady framerate despite all the action with the fighters and the background. Roster is steady enough, and newcomers like Olimar and Snake give a whole new feeling to the game when fighting with, or against, them.
  67. JustinE.
    Mar 15, 2008
    This game is great. I never had melee but I have the original and it's a huge step-up. Although I haven't got online to work for some reason, and the stage builder is pretty bad, it's a great game. The original had multiplayer and a very short solo mode, but brawl has a long solo mode that took about 14 hours to beat. The multiplayer is great and there are so many This game is great. I never had melee but I have the original and it's a huge step-up. Although I haven't got online to work for some reason, and the stage builder is pretty bad, it's a great game. The original had multiplayer and a very short solo mode, but brawl has a long solo mode that took about 14 hours to beat. The multiplayer is great and there are so many unlockables. This game will probably never be traded in :D Expand
  68. JayM.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hours and hours of fun. Best party game ever made.
  69. DerikH.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Very impressive game, I have been waiting a long time for this to come out. I enjoy getting together with my friends often to play this just as we had with melee. GJ nintendo!
  70. Mr.Thuku
    Mar 2, 2008
    This is true love to all the people who own a wiiits like Miyamoto went to the promise land praised god for the perfect game and actually got it and returned to the present day.
  71. KaJa
    Mar 2, 2008
    Brawl is a super smash bros. so it is awesome! The Super Smash Bros series is Nintendo's best series and will always be the best until it dies!
  72. RyanB.
    Mar 22, 2008
    This is a great game however, Its may as well be on Game Cube. There is nothing more frustrating than using any of the Wii remote configurations with or without the nunchuck. But overall I find the controls to be very sluggish and unresponsive as you will find yourself struggling to turn around and attack in the intended direction. Controls aside this game is just pants loads of fun.
  73. SamG.
    Mar 3, 2008
    This game is so incredibly awesome. The characters are great and the storylline is very entertaining! The music is good and theirs a lot of it and the stages are fun and interesting
  74. ScottW.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is quite possibly the best game of this generation, the best game on the Wii, the best selling game on the Wii and Game of the Year! Everyone must buy a Wii and this game!
  75. JamesL.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Amazing game, must buy.
  76. LukeP.
    Mar 6, 2008
    This game is really fun and I love it. Its my favorite game ever and I love smash!
  77. VivD.
    Mar 9, 2008
    It's a classic! Hard to top out.
  78. ZackD.
    Apr 23, 2008
    Brawl really achieves what was expected from it. Not only is the mulitplayer just as good as melee (with extra characters to make it better), but the new one player modes make the game endless fun.
  79. RandyY.
    Apr 29, 2008
    There is really nothing bad I can say.
  80. JordiR.
    Apr 3, 2008
    This game is amazing and I think it's the best fight game I played ever.
  81. MickyW
    Apr 4, 2008
    Best Smash Bros game to date.
  82. Starfox
    Apr 8, 2008
    Of course we were all expecting Brawl to be a great game but I was absolutely blown away when I first played this! The graphics are really quite good for the Wii and the massive amount of maps and characters is great! I love playing with other people most, but Subspace Emissary is probably one of the most fun single player story modes I've ever seen. The story is actually Of course we were all expecting Brawl to be a great game but I was absolutely blown away when I first played this! The graphics are really quite good for the Wii and the massive amount of maps and characters is great! I love playing with other people most, but Subspace Emissary is probably one of the most fun single player story modes I've ever seen. The story is actually surprisingly good! Great job Nintendo, you pulled off what is possibly one of the greatest games of all time! Expand
  83. BengtL.
    May 1, 2008
    It's absolutely fantastic!
  84. Maslab
    May 21, 2008
    Very fun, especially when Mario beats Peach in to a bloody submission. However, it really is just more of the same, and the use of the Wii motion sensing would've been really fun.
  85. NicholasA.
    May 20, 2008
    It's a pretty great game, I'm not sure whether it's better than melee competitively though.
  86. NicolasB.
    May 6, 2008
    The mere multitude of features this game holds is recognition enough to buy this game. The gathering of Nintendo's most nostalgic of characters brings the new 2D/3D fighter to a whole new level with the lot of modes one (and their friends') can do. The multiplayer, whether it's just you playing against computer players or an all out brawl with your friends, offers the main The mere multitude of features this game holds is recognition enough to buy this game. The gathering of Nintendo's most nostalgic of characters brings the new 2D/3D fighter to a whole new level with the lot of modes one (and their friends') can do. The multiplayer, whether it's just you playing against computer players or an all out brawl with your friends, offers the main dish to the feast that is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Especially in this mode you get the maximum replay value which you'll find yourself going back to years to come. Now most of this is basic knowledge to anyone at this point but the nostalgia that Nintendo gives the gamer in this gamer could make Nintendo Fanboy froth at the mouth. In fact, the first game in the series is what turned me on to the esteemed lineage of Nintendo games. A must buy, for anyone, and make sure you clear your calender too. You won't be leaving the house for awhile. Expand
  87. TimJ.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Great game, great action.
  88. AlexM.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Good...no... great, no... AMAZING game. it lasts forever, and is even greater fun with more than one person. you can have tournaments, bets, and who knows what else. just get it. Trust me.
  89. EtuS.
    Jun 8, 2008
    This is just awesome! The best game ever!
  90. JoshuaD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    I've had this game for at least 4 months now, and I still don't have all the challenges complete. When my friends come over, the first thing we do is play ssbb. Good job Nintendo for making one of the best video games that the Wii has to offer.
  91. Novi4ekNone
    Jul 24, 2008
    good game
  92. MarkusK.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Better than wished.
  93. mohammada
    Dec 18, 2009
    i like smash bros rumble very very much and i play smash bros rumble all day because smash bros rumble is the top rated game and it is the best game in the world please send me smash bros romble latest version because i love smash bros very very much it is also avery entertaining game please send me it's latest version right now please please please.
  94. Tjthegamer
    Nov 12, 2008
    Brawl is clearly the best fighting game on the Wii even for years to come. Brawl offers infinate replayability with it's never ending trophey and sticker collection and online muiltiplayer modes. Add the much impressive Subspace emissionary, chaotic muiltiplayer, and level builder (which could use some work...), and you've got one great experiance for Wii not to be missed.
  95. RobertC.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Although the game retains most of its solid gameplay, Nintendo seems to have forgotten what made the game so fun in the first place. They attempt to make the game faster with near auto-tech and near auto-L/jump cancel as well as shorthops. But they changed a lot of it to make it less enjoyable. Now, characters that used to be fun as slow but powerful (bowser) is ridiculously fast and Although the game retains most of its solid gameplay, Nintendo seems to have forgotten what made the game so fun in the first place. They attempt to make the game faster with near auto-tech and near auto-L/jump cancel as well as shorthops. But they changed a lot of it to make it less enjoyable. Now, characters that used to be fun as slow but powerful (bowser) is ridiculously fast and overpowered. Hard to kill Kirby is not absolutely lethal. Ganon is extremely powerful as well as fast in terms of l-cancel. Other characters that used to be fast and enjoyable (what made Melee so fun) are now boring and some even slower. Falco is now significantly slower and less powerful with most of his movesets different/weaker/useless. Marth now has less reach than before and is less powerful with tip. Shorthop is now higher, defeating the purpose of shorthopping in the first place. New characters are boring and unsatisfying. Warrio is unexciting. Snake is a huge letdown. ZSamus is basically Sheik. What Nintendo seems to have done is made slow and less useful characters in Melee extremely fast and powerful, while making useful characters and fast characters much slower and less useful/powerful. A lot of movesets that used to kill, can no longer kill (for example: Falco's down-A). Nintendo has closed the gap between great characters and slow/crappy characters to, ultimately, make a whole game based on mediocre characters that just aren't as exciting as Melee. Expand
  96. JimmyC.
    Feb 29, 2008
    Had the chance to try this out, and it's awesome! I didn't know there was room, but it's a vast improvement over melee in just about everything.
  97. MaxG.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Amazing game with unlimited replayability. The only immediate downside was the seemingly floaty physics compared to Melee, but it's something you quickly get used to and move beyond. Fighting at it's finest, and the Wii at its best.
  98. KasilB.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Despite a disappointing character roster (compared to many peoples' expectations, at least), this game is amazing. From SSE to Co-op modes and online, this game vastly improves from the predecessors while still keeping the general gameplay the same and the tradition alive.
  99. RyneG.
    Mar 13, 2008
    don't listen to Crazychief112, he don't know what he talking, this is one of the best game ever, and if you don't like the wii remote you can just use the gamecube controller, or the classic wii remote, so like I say before don't listen to Crazychief112
  100. KRBeeL.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Yes. This game is quite enjoyable when you have company around, but when you play by yourself, this game is quite average. What didn't work for me is the way Nintendo nelfed up some of the characters. Marth's blade is short now. Fox and Falco moves aren't like they use to be, not to mention Fox has been downgraded into an average fighter. Even though this could be the very Yes. This game is quite enjoyable when you have company around, but when you play by yourself, this game is quite average. What didn't work for me is the way Nintendo nelfed up some of the characters. Marth's blade is short now. Fox and Falco moves aren't like they use to be, not to mention Fox has been downgraded into an average fighter. Even though this could be the very LAST Smash Bros game, it deserves a good score. Sakurai did say he want this game to be FUN and enjoyable and I respect that. Expand
  101. May 12, 2013
    If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of.If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of. You get an expanded roster of some the most iconic Nintendo characters, plus now for the first time 3rd-party characters Snake and Sonic. With highly detailed graphics it makes watching the fighting even more enjoyable, which is also a minor problem because there's so much going on that you can't fully enjoy the detail. The biggest part this game had to offer was the fact that it had online play, which would mean that we could pown noobs anywhere now, but unfortunately that didn't really meet our expectations. Now in this one there's a story mode along with the usual material, and that is probable the not so great part of this game. it goes on for too long, and is not that entirely interesting; it is at times, just not all the time. Now for the best part: VS mode. by far the greatest 4 player fighting game to date, or the greatest I can think of. Just casual producer as always, pick your character and stage, then proceed to beat the living crap out of your friends. There was also the introduction to final smashes, which are these dazzling super moves that can clear the stage of enemies. This was always the one thing I think didn't need to be in the game; it's great though how you can just turn it off with ease, it can be seen as unfair because players could just wait for the smash ball to appear and just use that to win. Now for why I love this game. Don't you love it when you see an image from your childhood in a cool game or movie? Well for me I was excited to kick all my friends asses with Meta knight! Now though it's seen as unfair to play as him. What's also cool is that this game doesn't focus on combo's and special moves like most previous fighting games do, but instead tries to give players; or rather force others, to use strategy while fighting. Characters don't have a label on their heads saying how to be played, all characters can be played differently and can be efficient, but some have certain advantages over others, but none that are major. So in conclusion I think this is one of the best fighting games of all time; please note I said "one" of greatest, and I wish I could play it now. Collapse

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.