Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

8.9

1. JustinB.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Amazing.. that's really all I can say.
  2. SpartianGamer1342
    Mar 25, 2008
    This game sucks. Halo has better fps controls, better graphics, better online, a larger selection of guns.
  3. BryanM.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Fantastic game. Musical score is by far one the best I've ever heard. Subspace Emissary, while boring and repetitive at time, is a fun fan-service for long time fans of Nintendo. Overwhelming amounts of unlockable characters, modes, trophies, stages, and other content. However, the gameplay is slowed down and the character list needs some work. Online suffers from the same issues as Fantastic game. Musical score is by far one the best I've ever heard. Subspace Emissary, while boring and repetitive at time, is a fun fan-service for long time fans of Nintendo. Overwhelming amounts of unlockable characters, modes, trophies, stages, and other content. However, the gameplay is slowed down and the character list needs some work. Online suffers from the same issues as every Nintendo game. (WHY?!?) Overall, if you have friends or are a fan of Nintendo this is a must buy other then that steer clear. Expand
  4. BenP.
    Mar 24, 2008
    SSBB really didn't do it for me - it's a bit of fun for a while, but I really don't see why everyone rates it so well? It just seems like another random button-masher fighting game that I got sick of 10 years ago. And it doesn't seem to be very well adapted to the Wii. why are there no motion sensitive controls? Why can't I choose options on the screen with the SSBB really didn't do it for me - it's a bit of fun for a while, but I really don't see why everyone rates it so well? It just seems like another random button-masher fighting game that I got sick of 10 years ago. And it doesn't seem to be very well adapted to the Wii. why are there no motion sensitive controls? Why can't I choose options on the screen with the wii-mote, like all the other games? This is not even half the game that Mario Galaxy is. Expand
  5. LydellF.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Never cared for this series, and had to actually be at my cousin's house to see the new one in action. Tried out the adventure mode and couldn't resist the Old School charm especially with Kid Icarus. I bought one within 24 hours.
  6. FranciszekK.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fanboy Present T. blatantly hasn't played this game. Nintendo have proven their worth yet again, and released what is undoubtedly another contender for Game of the Year. If this were the case that only Nintendo fanboys would like this, then it wouldn't be scoring so highly everywhere.
  7. [Anonymous]s
    Mar 23, 2008
    Holy crap guys Brawl. Having now played it for a couple weeks, I have come to the conclusion that while a worthy successor to the franchise, Brawl falls short of ideal in some areas. First, the good: The core gameplay elements that make the franchise great in the first place are still around, with some minor tweaking that seems to improve upon, rather than detract from, the gameplay. The Holy crap guys Brawl. Having now played it for a couple weeks, I have come to the conclusion that while a worthy successor to the franchise, Brawl falls short of ideal in some areas. First, the good: The core gameplay elements that make the franchise great in the first place are still around, with some minor tweaking that seems to improve upon, rather than detract from, the gameplay. The multiplayer still rocks, the characters are still absurd and hilarious, and the amount of fanservice and nintendo nostalgia is staggering. A couple things the game does wrong, or not all the way right: Online. I'm sure this is a common complaint, but the online is severely gimped. The lack of options while playing online, the total absence of player to player communication, the horrendous matchmaking, and some very irksome lagging issues all make the "with anyone" nearly unplayable. "With friends" is better, but still not great, as the entering of friend codes and the need for an outside communication method to set up a match can get rather tiresome. The lag seems to be less of an issue when playing with friends online, but it is still very present. There are more rule options for with friends play, however, which saves it from being completely pointless, and I actually use it regularly. The other area in which Brawl falls short is the single player. This should be obvious to anyone who's played any game in the series before, Smash brothers is very much a multiplayer franchise. Subspace Emmisary, while relatively fun to play through once, if taken on its own is a rather weak attempt at a single player campaign (although admittedly not nearly as weak as the adventure mode in melee). The gameplay gets repetitive at times, and the seemingly senseless reduction in running speed for every character prolongs the gameplay unnecessarily. When taken as part of the Brawl package, SSE certainly isn't bad, and adds some hours to the game before you're only playing multiplayer matches, but is by no means perfect. Overall, Brawl is certainly a fine game. If you already like the Smash Brothers series, then pick it up, you won't regret it. If you don't understand what all the fuss surrounding the series is about, Brawl isn't really going to sway you, but it might be worth taking a look at nonetheless. This game certainly doesn't deserve a 10 or even a 9, but despite being largely imperfect, it is a great game that will keep you playing for a good while. Expand
  8. NathanL.
    Mar 23, 2008
    Very little difference from Melee. Poor utilization of the wii's capabilities, in fact I can't stand playing it on the wiimote and have to use the GC controller. It's just the same game with a few new characters.
  9. RyanB.
    Mar 22, 2008
    This is a great game however, Its may as well be on Game Cube. There is nothing more frustrating than using any of the Wii remote configurations with or without the nunchuck. But overall I find the controls to be very sluggish and unresponsive as you will find yourself struggling to turn around and attack in the intended direction. Controls aside this game is just pants loads of fun.
  10. DylanR.
    Mar 22, 2008
    An allright game, fun multiplayer, lame one player. But the problem is this is the EXACT same game I bought 7 years ago for the gamecube. Sure there are a few very minor improvements but these are truly just minor additions that could have neem added in a mod. For all the delays and hype I was expecting something amazing and new but received something mediocore and old
  11. JaredH.
    Mar 20, 2008
    I consider the graphics to be a worthy improvement from Melee, considering that this is a series that cannot become incredibly. Smash has always been the fighting series that rewards button-mashing the least, and Brawl is no different. This is something I respect the series for. The online play is predictably disappointing, however, Smash has always been much of a group/party game so this I consider the graphics to be a worthy improvement from Melee, considering that this is a series that cannot become incredibly. Smash has always been the fighting series that rewards button-mashing the least, and Brawl is no different. This is something I respect the series for. The online play is predictably disappointing, however, Smash has always been much of a group/party game so this will not be a problem for most. The character list is pretty wide with a few less clones this time around. I consider this an excellent continuation of the Smash franchise. Expand
  12. JulianA.
    Mar 20, 2008
    I think that this is by far, the best game I've played in my gaming experience. Beating all of my owned games, except Super Monkey Ball 2, It is pleasure to my ears and mind.
  13. Derek
    Mar 20, 2008
    For those who complain that this isn't a total reinvention of the series, you're missing the point. Though you wouldn't guess from being a casual player, Melee was one of the more original and complex fighters out there. Rather than ruin near-perfection, they've simply expanded, updated, and subtly improved nearly every aspect of the game. Not to mention adding a more For those who complain that this isn't a total reinvention of the series, you're missing the point. Though you wouldn't guess from being a casual player, Melee was one of the more original and complex fighters out there. Rather than ruin near-perfection, they've simply expanded, updated, and subtly improved nearly every aspect of the game. Not to mention adding a more in depth adventure single player mode, online play, a mass of fan pleasing characters, a stage-builder, and essentially removing the presence of "clone" type character modeling (it's almost shocking how different each character feels). The character's are far better balanced this time around.... and Final Smash attacks are so much fun. This is the real deal people... more than worth the wait. Expand
  14. CurtisR.
    Mar 20, 2008
    Bad ai, bad controls, Space Station Emassary Sucks, unbalanced characters. This game is attrocious.
  15. BrianD.
    Mar 19, 2008
    LOL I love all the 0-3 scores of these trolls who obviously haven't played the game. Particularly the one who claims he "cant see his health". Of course he could just be plain stupid.
  16. RoryF.
    Mar 19, 2008
    To Presen T, to say this is just a recycled melee shows that you havent even played this game, the amount of extra content in this game is huge. Not like Halo3 which is essentially "enhanced hill physics" and better graphics. Simply put, this is the game of Nintendo fans' dreams and a solid fighter in its own right.
  17. LouisF.
    Mar 19, 2008
    This is one of the greatest games ever since the first Super Smash Bros. and completley exceeding Melee. It has lots more characters, stages and a real story-like classic mode, including the old style as well.
  18. Brent
    Mar 19, 2008
    Wow, I do not see what is so great about this game. I played it for a few hours the other day and it feels and looks the same as the gamecube version a few years ago. It's so repetative and simple it gets boring after a short time. It doesn't even make use of the motion sensors. In my opinion this has got to be one of the most over rated games of all time.
  19. FedorE.
    Mar 18, 2008
    i'll preface by saying smash bros melee is still my favortive game on the cube. but I'm not impressed w/ brawl. the graphics look more aliased than the gc version, but now there's load screens. i haven't yet found a lag free online game, and no wifi stats bothers me. the wiimote controls are terrible. you basically need to attach a gc controller to play properly. i'll preface by saying smash bros melee is still my favortive game on the cube. but I'm not impressed w/ brawl. the graphics look more aliased than the gc version, but now there's load screens. i haven't yet found a lag free online game, and no wifi stats bothers me. the wiimote controls are terrible. you basically need to attach a gc controller to play properly. i'm disappointed with all additions except for the new characters. Expand
  20. ZacH.
    Mar 18, 2008
    This game was the fastest-selling game ever. Packed with as much content as a dual-layer dvd can hold, it has everything you could ever want from the series. The new story mode, "Subspace Emissary", the map builder mode, and being able to play online makes it that much better.
  21. PresenT.
    Mar 18, 2008
    This game was fantastic 5 years ago, but I don't accept a recycled game with a few new characters. Online isn't customizable, character list is now very unbalanced, and the new modes leave so much to be desired. Sorry Nintendo, you've seemed to fool everyone else, but not me. Shallow, a failure at best.
  22. COlinWright
    Mar 17, 2008
    @ crazychef. First your an rtard. Your holding the remote wrong dumb ass. Its going to the left because your supposed to hold it sideways.
    okay back down to brawl. This game may be one pf the greatest fighting games of all time. The SSE may get a little annoying at times but is the perfect mesh of an actual "storyline" to a fighting game. It is cool to see a fighting game work in a story. Online is almost lag-free.
    THe character selection is great (although im angry at the fact theres no Roy) And to all those saying Nintendo has no imagination, are you f---ing serious? I'm betting none of you played Galaxy. And if you don't like like final smashes, you can just turn them off. So stop pissing your pants over your own stupidity to not figure that out
  23. TomP.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Okay, I'd like to start this review off by saying Crazychief112, you must have the brain of a two year old, and the tastes of a dirt-eating semi retarted hamster. Okay, it's called a DAMAGE METER, shows how much damage you have.(obviously) Also, just because a game has Master *Cheif* (Not Chef) doesn't mean that it's gonna be excellent, when the lego Halo thatOkay, I'd like to start this review off by saying Crazychief112, you must have the brain of a two year old, and the tastes of a dirt-eating semi retarted hamster. Okay, it's called a DAMAGE METER, shows how much damage you have.(obviously) Also, just because a game has Master *Cheif* (Not Chef) doesn't mean that it's gonna be excellent, when the lego Halo that bungie's working on comes out, youcan go get it, I'll pass. Also it's not a shooting game! It's a fighter! and, you have the contols set to just the one wii controll, not even the nunchuk, so you have to tilt it over! (again, oviously) this game wasn't even built for these kinds of controls, or even the wii-mote in general, so anybody who gives this game a bad review because of controller issues, you can just be grouped in the same category as "cheify" over there. This game was built with either the classic controller or primarily the gamecube controller (My personal favorite, then again, I had been playing melee it's release up until this game came out.)

...Anyways. In my opinion this game isn't perfect, the characters, as many melee players may have noticed,ARE slower paced, which is actually somewhat nice or 1 on 1's. otherwise, but for 4 player action, it seems a tad akward. not a big complain really once you get used to it. also, don't judge the subspace emissary a representation of this game as a whole. iI's obviously meant for beating the crap out of your friends, at which, it's superb. In fact, it's easily my favorite fighting game since the last SSB because it's one of the simplest fighting games to learn (No large and tedious combo's and special moves to look up) but still incorporates a large amount of skill once you start getting better at the game. and all of the extra content is astounding, the subspace emmissary, the huge selection of music, (customisable for each stage in fact) the improvement of ceratin characters and character selection, the stage building, along with all of the already nice stages, the inclusion of online, (however poor), The cool final smashes, and the trophy game, (And LOADS of trophies) make this game absoloutely astounding.
    Some of my complaints though would have to be that I thought they should have added a frequency selection for each individual item, as there were way to many smash balls and other overpowered items, which made brawls, especially the four player ones, too erratic.also you should have had the option to go through an ethernet cable for online as well. For those of us without WI Fi, (I happen to currently be using some unknown neighbors internet connection for the game, quite laggy.) and that each character doesn't have an individual target test, the ___ man brawls are battling used character models, and the home run test is too easy with the force field, (All you have to do is throw the bat!) Still, all minor compaints compared to all of the prelisted extras.These make this game a 10, and more than enough to keep me playing Super Smash Bros. games for another 6 to 7 years.
  24. EvanB.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Yahoo Games and thewiire.com both gave this game a "10", so I thought I would increase the score. I have played this game for over 10 hours now, and it is FANTASTIC! The best replay value I have ever seen in a game!
  25. DerikH.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Very impressive game, I have been waiting a long time for this to come out. I enjoy getting together with my friends often to play this just as we had with melee. GJ nintendo!
  26. JayM.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hours and hours of fun. Best party game ever made.
  27. LiR.
    Mar 17, 2008
    *CONTROLS: sweet as can be. No other game gives you this much choice on how you play your game as well as let you customize what every button does if you don't like the layout. No more excuses! *GRAPHICS: beautiful, those whining about it looking like the GC are the same who said Mario Sunshine looked like Mario 64... oh please! And you gotta watch those awesome cutscenes in the *CONTROLS: sweet as can be. No other game gives you this much choice on how you play your game as well as let you customize what every button does if you don't like the layout. No more excuses! *GRAPHICS: beautiful, those whining about it looking like the GC are the same who said Mario Sunshine looked like Mario 64... oh please! And you gotta watch those awesome cutscenes in the story mode. *VALUE: The sheer value packed into this awesome dual-layered DVD (the first and so far only on the Wii) and all the unlockables are mind blowing. With online matches, map-making and constant downloads for replays, photos, etc, this game has infinite replay value. *The game is pure fan-service and does very well to cater to legions of people who have at any point been fans of Nintendo. You're bound to find many things that make you remember your childhood and just see how much butt the game kicks as you get deeper into it. If you liked any of the Smash brothers, and even if you didn't GET IT NOW! Expand
  28. Ryan
    Mar 17, 2008
    This is waay overrated. Looks just like the gamecube, gameplay isn't much different either and boring. The Wiimote makes it harder to control this time around. There's not much depth to this fighting game. Tekken and SoulCalibur are the ones you should be playing!
  29. GeneG.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Didn't play Melee; clearly I'm in the minority on that one; but I have already got more enjoyment out of this game than I did out of the similarly priced Halo 3. This is a lovingly crafted game with hours and hours of enjoyment. I'm glad I bought it.
  30. TheNumberQ.
    Mar 16, 2008
    I have to say, I've played the series since the beginning, and this one really disappoints me. I gave it a one just because its better than most of the other trash being made for the wii.
  31. bradkeena
    Mar 16, 2008
    alright, first of all, crazychief112, you are an idiot you were doing it wrong, hold the wiimote sideways ya dummy. Second of all, you can see your hp, if your playing stamina which is the only mode that has hp

The game is superb, ridiculous depth and a bajillion million unlockables such as stages, trophies, charaters, and stickers make the game have very high replayability. Classic

Classic mode is fun is always, but mutiplayer with friends is the main draw. But online play, as in all nintendo games is horrible. The subspace emissary is fairly enjoyable, but it is much better in coop. Great game, worth $100 dollars, but its only $50 :-) Only the second game on wii that ive loved
  32. JosiahH
    Mar 16, 2008
    OK, first of all, whoever DOMINGO is can kiss off. you are obviously just some loser who sucked at the game and didn't like it for that reason ,or you just have no taste in video games. crazychief at least gave a reason why he didn't like the game. (A very bad reason but a reason all the same.) This was without a doubt ,the best wii game there is. The gameplay was amazing andOK, first of all, whoever DOMINGO is can kiss off. you are obviously just some loser who sucked at the game and didn't like it for that reason ,or you just have no taste in video games. crazychief at least gave a reason why he didn't like the game. (A very bad reason but a reason all the same.) This was without a doubt ,the best wii game there is. The gameplay was amazing and the... Lets just say that everything was amazing. There have been three games like this for the wii, Twilight princess, super mario galaxy, and super smash brothers. Smash brothers best quality was the variety in game modes, which was almost infinite. I usually think that everyone's opinion is worth hearing, but if you didn't like the game, you are wrong with no questions asked. Expand
  33. TuanX.
    Mar 16, 2008
    One of the greatest games ever!
  34. AaronG
    Crazychef112 gave it a0:
    I give this game a zero because you can't even see your own HP, wtf. I think that even if this game had Master Chef it would get an 8. Only because his shooting is awesome. the controls feel wierd and when i kept pushing up on the wiimote my man kept moving left? Worst game ever.
    ^^^^^^Hasnt played the game. Dont listen to this numbnuts, hes still jerking
    Crazychef112 gave it a0:

^^^^^^Hasnt played the game.
    Dont listen to this numbnuts, hes still jerking off to halo despite its incredibly poor sequels. SSMB is the best game since mario 3. Its near perfect and anyone who doesnt realise that is an xbox lobing moron.^^^^case in point, master "chef" here
  35. KalP.
    Mar 15, 2008
    I didn't get it. This game is so overrated. The gameplay is so chaotic and out of control...you can't even focus, see where you are on the screen cause there's so much going on! The controls are bland and especially awkward being able to pick 4 different types of controllers to use from. If you want a great fighting game, I'd go back to Street Fighter. This was not I didn't get it. This game is so overrated. The gameplay is so chaotic and out of control...you can't even focus, see where you are on the screen cause there's so much going on! The controls are bland and especially awkward being able to pick 4 different types of controllers to use from. If you want a great fighting game, I'd go back to Street Fighter. This was not worth my time. Good graphics and presentation though. Expand
  36. Denis
    Mar 15, 2008
    Fanboys giving this a 0 are so obviously just that, fanboys. Well, this is the most fun I've had with a game in ages. 4 player local multiplayer rocks, and it's pick up and play mechanics give people a chance to join in easily. Total fanservice package which plays excellently. Thanks Nintendo!
  37. KRBeeL.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Yes. This game is quite enjoyable when you have company around, but when you play by yourself, this game is quite average. What didn't work for me is the way Nintendo nelfed up some of the characters. Marth's blade is short now. Fox and Falco moves aren't like they use to be, not to mention Fox has been downgraded into an average fighter. Even though this could be the very Yes. This game is quite enjoyable when you have company around, but when you play by yourself, this game is quite average. What didn't work for me is the way Nintendo nelfed up some of the characters. Marth's blade is short now. Fox and Falco moves aren't like they use to be, not to mention Fox has been downgraded into an average fighter. Even though this could be the very LAST Smash Bros game, it deserves a good score. Sakurai did say he want this game to be FUN and enjoyable and I respect that. Expand
  38. JustinE.
    Mar 15, 2008
    This game is great. I never had melee but I have the original and it's a huge step-up. Although I haven't got online to work for some reason, and the stage builder is pretty bad, it's a great game. The original had multiplayer and a very short solo mode, but brawl has a long solo mode that took about 14 hours to beat. The multiplayer is great and there are so many This game is great. I never had melee but I have the original and it's a huge step-up. Although I haven't got online to work for some reason, and the stage builder is pretty bad, it's a great game. The original had multiplayer and a very short solo mode, but brawl has a long solo mode that took about 14 hours to beat. The multiplayer is great and there are so many unlockables. This game will probably never be traded in :D Expand
  39. DiegoR.
    Mar 15, 2008
    One of the few must own games on the Wii. Steady framerate despite all the action with the fighters and the background. Roster is steady enough, and newcomers like Olimar and Snake give a whole new feeling to the game when fighting with, or against, them.
  40. JonH.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Nintendo did good, they made a MUCH better single player and the only reason why someone wouldn't like it is because they don't have any friends but now you don't need to, theres wifi play.
  41. Munkipo0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Domingo and CrazyChief12 is the most stupidest guys ever.Just because you can't see your hp doesn't made a game a zero and of course the wiimote controls is weird. that why you use a gamecube controller for god sake. Also the game doesn't look like a gamecube game and the gameplay is fun not boring. New special ablitlties show how kick ass the game is. that a huge ton ofDomingo and CrazyChief12 is the most stupidest guys ever.Just because you can't see your hp doesn't made a game a zero and of course the wiimote controls is weird. that why you use a gamecube controller for god sake. Also the game doesn't look like a gamecube game and the gameplay is fun not boring. New special ablitlties show how kick ass the game is. that a huge ton of imagination in the game. Domingo have no imagination at all. Not Nintendo. That why Domingo give it a zero. Cause he have no imagination and he is a sony fanboy who is just jealous that the ps3 doesn't have a good game like that. Overall this is one of the best game ever and don't listen to faggot like Domingo and Crazychief112. Oh yeah you could see your hp in the game. Expand
  42. SirA.
    Mar 15, 2008
    One of the best games in the Super Smash Bros. series, this game has so many things to do from collecting stickers to building stages to actually fighting plus online to play against friends or anyone and before you complain that the online is laggy remember that the online is free & most battles don't lag. There are added third party characters Metal Gear solid, Snake & Sonic the One of the best games in the Super Smash Bros. series, this game has so many things to do from collecting stickers to building stages to actually fighting plus online to play against friends or anyone and before you complain that the online is laggy remember that the online is free & most battles don't lag. There are added third party characters Metal Gear solid, Snake & Sonic the hedgehog, you can unlock new things by doing certain things. They added a Subspace Emmisary Mode & Kept the original Classic mode, They kept break the targets, multiman brawl & homerun contest & added in multiplayer so you can play these modes with a friend. So many things to do you wouldn't be able to do it all in one day. The gameplay slowed down a little and I like it more than Melee. Expand
  43. DudeR.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Only brainwashed Nintendo kids love smashing their buttons for stupid Mario characters. The roster is so boring and rehashed from their entire game lineup and if you really need to play this over over decent games than I feel sorry for you.
  44. Sammy
    Mar 14, 2008
    Smash is simply fantastic. There is a character for everyone, adn this is a game with serious replay value, as it will be enjoyed half a decade from now. It has a few weak spots, as its adventure mode has gorgeous cutscenes but repetitive gameplay, and the online suffers from frequent lag. The classic controller and Gamecube pad work well as controllers, although the other two setups are Smash is simply fantastic. There is a character for everyone, adn this is a game with serious replay value, as it will be enjoyed half a decade from now. It has a few weak spots, as its adventure mode has gorgeous cutscenes but repetitive gameplay, and the online suffers from frequent lag. The classic controller and Gamecube pad work well as controllers, although the other two setups are horrendous. But don't let these minor complaints sway you from buying this game, its a multiplayer masterpiece. Expand
  45. JeddyB.
    Marvelous good fun.
  46. DanA.
    Mar 14, 2008
    One of the most amazing games ever made. Not as good as Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess, but definitely securing it's third place spot on the Wii's game library.
  47. BrianL.
    Mar 14, 2008
    I don't understand the 0's for this game. Oddly enough, most of those 0 ratings come from people complaining that Brawl is only an extension to Melee. My respone is: NO FREAKIN CRAP. Since the original title on the N64 the controls and style of the game has been the same. Nintendo did what they could do for the game. Make it cleaner, make more modes/maps/characters/options. But I don't understand the 0's for this game. Oddly enough, most of those 0 ratings come from people complaining that Brawl is only an extension to Melee. My respone is: NO FREAKIN CRAP. Since the original title on the N64 the controls and style of the game has been the same. Nintendo did what they could do for the game. Make it cleaner, make more modes/maps/characters/options. But honestly, if you're walking into this expecting a different game than Melee (why would you?) don't buy this. Expand
  48. BrianM.
    Mar 14, 2008
    One of the best smash bros within it's series.
  49. CoolCanadian
    Mar 14, 2008
    Crazychief and domingo don't know what they are talking about! Its a problem with there TV's! This game is the marking point for all nintendo games and an instant classic; it will go down with Melee and Ocarina of time! The graphics (when used with a proper tv and converter) are awesome, and the gameplay is huge! If u cant see your own HP dont attack the game! ITs your own Crazychief and domingo don't know what they are talking about! Its a problem with there TV's! This game is the marking point for all nintendo games and an instant classic; it will go down with Melee and Ocarina of time! The graphics (when used with a proper tv and converter) are awesome, and the gameplay is huge! If u cant see your own HP dont attack the game! ITs your own freaking TV! and No it is not the same as gamecube if you think the graphics are the exact same again; check your tv! The new inovation is great, and the gameplay is good! clearly these guys dont know what there talking about! Expand
  50. AliK.
    Mar 14, 2008
    A deep single player mode and overall fantastic.
  51. JalexD.
    Mar 14, 2008
    As far as Wii games go, this is second only to 'Twilight Princess' (though, you'll probably be playing this more because of the multiplayer) and even better than 'Super Mario Galaxy.'
  52. TimothyF.
    Mar 14, 2008
    Brawl doesn't impress the way Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Twilight do. SSE's bland level design makes the mode really tedious to go through, and the story seems thrown together. Coin Launcher is gimmicky and repetitive. The rest of the modes are largely the same old as in previous installments. I haven't gone online yet, but having played probably around 1000 Smash matches in Brawl doesn't impress the way Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Twilight do. SSE's bland level design makes the mode really tedious to go through, and the story seems thrown together. Coin Launcher is gimmicky and repetitive. The rest of the modes are largely the same old as in previous installments. I haven't gone online yet, but having played probably around 1000 Smash matches in Melee and 64, the concept just doesn't excite me that much any more. Expand
  53. BriannaK.
    Mar 13, 2008
    People who think this is not much of a step up from melee's graphics need to play one of the melee stages available in Brawl. You'll feel like barfing, the difference is that profound.
  54. INTERWEBUSER
    Mar 13, 2008
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, also known as Dairantou Smash Brothers X in Japan (which this review is based off of) is one of the most anticipated titles ever in the history of video games. It is often glorified to be Nintendo's representative game, the one masterpiece where all of its flagship characters and rich history all come together in one ultimate package. Unfortunately, beyond Super Smash Bros. Brawl, also known as Dairantou Smash Brothers X in Japan (which this review is based off of) is one of the most anticipated titles ever in the history of video games. It is often glorified to be Nintendo's representative game, the one masterpiece where all of its flagship characters and rich history all come together in one ultimate package. Unfortunately, beyond the shiny cover and massive hype, Brawl is a title that has evolved minimally in the past seven years, stripped away many good features, and taken several steps backwards from its predecessors. The core of the game is what you've come to expect: a four-player brawl featuring your favorite Nintendo characters, as well as two third-party newcomers, Snake and Sonic. Each character has an array of regular attacks, B-button Smashes, and a special move known as a Final Smash. The Final Smash is, essentially, almost an assured one-hit K.O. to one's opponents. The only catch is that in order to use it, one must break a rainbow-colored item called the Smash Ball. The Smash Ball flies around the arena, is hard to capture, and takes quite a few beatings before its effects can be applied to a character. In most cases, the Final Smash is a cheap, extremely overpowered item, except it takes even less skill to use than, for example, the Hammer in the original Smash. It's almost impossible to dodge a Pokemon Trainer's Triple Finish on a flat stage, whereas with a hammer, one actually has to chase after his opponents and make contact with them to take advantage of it. Final Smashes aside, the game plays largely identically to its two predecessors, with minor differences due to the new physics engine. While some E for All game show attendees have expressed concerns about the game feeling slower-paced than Melee, players will get used to it, and this should not be a major issue to non-competitive players. The Brawl character lineup features a total of 35 fighters, 21 of which are available from the start and 14 which need to be unlocked. The 20 veteran fighters have largely retained their original movesets, and clones still have not been done away with. While the lineup (which will not be spoiled here) has drawn massive criticism for its character selection, I will not dwell on that. My obsession over the lineup is actually quite limited, as I care more about what they have to bring to the table in terms of gameplay. Of these 35 fighters, only three have actually added any new strategic elements to the franchise: Zero Suit Samus, whose transformation adds a speed vs. power, long-range vs. short-range tradeoff; Pokemon Trainer, whose three rotating Pokemon, each with their own limited stamina, require thinking ahead to use effectively; and Captain Olimar, whose multicolored Pikmin all have their individual strengths and weaknesses. The rest, especially ones such as Sonic, were included in Brawl largely for fanservice and add little to the gameplay. There are 41 arenas to fight on, ten of which were taken directly from Melee. Disappointingly, they are nothing you wouldn't have come to expect: there are vertically-scrolling stages; there are horizontally-scrolling stages; there are stages with environmental hazards; and there are stages that move around various spots in a larger area. All of these ideas have been done before. Rumble Falls feels like Icicle Mountain redux. There's Norfair with its rising and falling lava, similar to Brinstar in Melee. The Mute City stage in Melee that takes you on around a giant F-Zero racetrack with several stops is now back again in the form of Port City. While there is a stage editor, it is quite restrictive and does not allow you to make elaborate arenas like the official ones: you're limited to a static 10x12 grid with limited interactive elements. The Wi-Fi battle options are far from flawless: searching for players can take up to minutes (though there is a Sandbag you can perform your moves on to alleviate the waiting time); tedious friend code-entering is required to battle your friends (though this is a global complaint for Nintendo's Wi-Fi titles, not just Brawl); and there is sometimes a bit of lag during battle. Subspace Emissary, the highlight of Brawl's single-player modes, is little more than a glorified, extended Adventure Mode. The gameplay still consists of long, sidescrolling sections interleaved with occasional brawls and, at the end of each world, a boss battle. These boss battles are taken directly from the characters' representative franchises and include favorites such as Petey Piranha from Mario and Rayquaza from Pokemon. These boss battles are the high point of SSE, but outside of these battles, the gameplay is still very limited and similar to that of its predecessors. You defeat enemies in your way, jump over obstacles, and collect fallen items along your path. The plot, written by Nojima Kazushige of Final Fantasy fame, relies on cutscenes instead of dialogue and is often times confusing and ambiguous, especially the resolution (which, again, won't be spoiled here.) Subspace can take up to 6-10 hours for a first playthrough, depending on the difficulty level, and doing so unlocks most of the hidden characters. After beating it once to 100% completion, there is little incentive to play through it again, unless you want maximize your high score or fight against CPUs with more hit points. Classic Mode may as well have been ported over directly from Melee. Once again, you have about 12 stages with bonus levels scattered once every few matches and culminating with the Master Hand's showdown. As you'd have come to expect, the stages are nothing new, consisting of the same old objectives: 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 1 vs. multiple, 1 vs. metal, and multiple vs. 1 giant character. Master Hand uses the exact same attacks as in Melee and even has the same hit points for each difficulty setting. This time, the only bonus level is Target Smash. Snag the Trophies, Race to the Finish, and Board the Platforms are nowhere to be seen, and the few Target Smash stages are now shared amongst all characters, instead of each character having his/her own unique stage as in 64 and Melee. The varied, sometimes wacky bonuses that appear upon clearing each stage in Melee (and whose collection led to unlocking the most prized trophy, the Diskun) have also been removed: one's score is now entirely dependent on the time remaining and damage dealt. Events are still largely the same old, with two notable changes. First, there are now 60 or so events, a third of which are designated as multiplayer "coop" events, which you complete with the assistance of your friend. Second, the events now have difficulty settings. Objectives include simply defeating one or more CPUs, defeating CPU(s) within a certain time, and racing to the end of a side-scrolling stage: in other words, nothing we haven't seen before. The coop seems tacked-on and unnecessary, and many of these 2P events could have easily been 1P events if you didn't care to do more fighting on your own. Similarly, the Home Run Contest and Multi-Man Brawl options are the same as in Melee, except now with coop. While coop in Home Run Contest has allowed for strategic combos and even greater records, the coop in Multi-Man does not really add much to the gameplay for similar reasons as with Events. Multi-Man consists of the same modes: 10-man and 100-man, speed tests in which the player tries to defeat a set number of CPUs in the fastest time possible; 3-minute, 15-minute, and Endless Brawl, endurance tests in which the player tries to defeat as many CPUs as possible in the allotted time limit; and Cruel Brawl, a mode that features CPUs at the highest difficulty. The rest of the Vault's features feel extremely tacked on. If you recall the weird trophy-unlocking requirements in Melee that no one would ever have thought of, they're now in their own Challenges section. The game now outlines the exact objectives you need to complete to unlock a certain trophy or collectible. Masterpieces, which are time-limited demos of Nintendo classics like Super Mario Bros. and Star Fox 64, serve little purpose except to advertise the Wii's Virtual Console. Chronicle is little more than a laundry list of titles Nintendo has released in its almost 30 year game-making history; you may as well head directly to Nintendo.com's game list for the most up-to-date and comprehensive database. The quality of Brawl's soundtrack is quite varied. There is the main theme, complete with vocals, which truly gives the game an epic feel. It appears on the menu and at least a dozen remixes of it exist, including a dark, sinister version of it on Final Destination. While there are a lot of selections in My Music to choose from, about half are just taken directly from old games, while the other half consists of remixes of dubious quality. Simply put, many of the remixes, while arranged by famed composers, do not really do their originals justice. The fast-paced, cheery-sounding Ocarina of Time medley would have sounded out of place in the original game. The Song of Time in the medley lacks the ethereal, somewhat sorrowful mood within the Temple of Time. Saria's Song, which should evoke a melancholy feeling of a lost friend, is strikingly unfitting when played at such a fast tempo. In addition, the transitions between the various ocarina songs seem forced and do not flow well. The slow, sinister castle theme from Super Mario World was converted into an upbeat techno track. Nearly all of the music appears to be synthesized, not recorded by a live orchestra, as was the case in Super Mario Galaxy. Brawl's soundtrack is a prime example where nostalgia or quantity does not imply quality. At the end of the day, it all boils down to one verdict: too much rehashing, and too little "new" content, filler aside. Of course, there's the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," but personally, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of disappointment. Franchises are meant to evolve, especially a 10-year-old one like Smash Bros. For those who wanted a Melee 1.1, that's great, but I'd rather have stuck to the original instead of shelling out another $50 for a limited upgrade. Expand
  55. JeremyC.
    Mar 13, 2008
    THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!! Packed with a plethora of modes including: Versus, Classic, WiFi mode, Single-player and co-op mode Adventure mode, All-Star mode, Boss Battle Mode, Stadium challenges, and many more. Over a dozen newcomers and a total of 35 characters, including the amazingly anticipated Sonic the Hedgehog. More than 40 stages. AND the Adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!! Packed with a plethora of modes including: Versus, Classic, WiFi mode, Single-player and co-op mode Adventure mode, All-Star mode, Boss Battle Mode, Stadium challenges, and many more. Over a dozen newcomers and a total of 35 characters, including the amazingly anticipated Sonic the Hedgehog. More than 40 stages. AND the Adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary has such amazing CG clips in-between intensive gameplay. I have been waiting for this game for Months, Even Years! And now that it has finally come, I could not be any happier. I was shocked to hear that this game was given any less than a 10.0 by ANY person or association. Plus Crazycheif112 , the reason your character moves to the left when you press up on the Wii remote is because you have to hold the Wii remote sideways.... Expand
  56. JoE.
    Mar 13, 2008
    If you have a wii go buy it. end of story. ignore all the zeros, those are from people who sit in their room playing wow all day with no friends and are likely to become homocidal maniacs. or are emos, whatever floats your boat. if you liked melee youll love this one.
  57. zKeeper12
    Mar 13, 2008
    You can't get much better than this. This game is amazing! Fighting against your friends, killing each other over a Smash Ball, killing them every other time, literally dodgeing a bullet with a split- second button tap and then killing the idiot shooting at you- what more can you ask for? All the control schemes are great, as long as you read the freakin manual(!) and the You can't get much better than this. This game is amazing! Fighting against your friends, killing each other over a Smash Ball, killing them every other time, literally dodgeing a bullet with a split- second button tap and then killing the idiot shooting at you- what more can you ask for? All the control schemes are great, as long as you read the freakin manual(!) and the customization is great! All the fights are completely different, and you really never get bored. The only weak link is the Subspace Emissiary mode. I am about a third through that mode and the only reason I'm going on is to unlock Sonic. Overall, no one in their right mind wouldn't give this game a TEN, BABY!!! Expand
  58. MarkC.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Typical Nintendo Rehash of an older game. It is however a fun game. Yes, i had fun with all the other Smash Brothers and I did with this one but in no way did it deserve all these 10/10's. Nostalgia isnt a reason to give a perfect score to a game thats been duplicated 2 times before. If people actually reviewed this game without saying "wow theres Mario and other childhood characters Typical Nintendo Rehash of an older game. It is however a fun game. Yes, i had fun with all the other Smash Brothers and I did with this one but in no way did it deserve all these 10/10's. Nostalgia isnt a reason to give a perfect score to a game thats been duplicated 2 times before. If people actually reviewed this game without saying "wow theres Mario and other childhood characters fighting" and see it for what it is, they'll see its a good party brawler but not perfect. Expand
  59. MattL.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Love the characters and all the upgrades to the maps. Online play keeps me playing online with all my friends across the country. Crazychief112 is a retard. I own a xbox360 and love it to death, yet its obvious he's blinded by halo3 to see past any games that don't involve master chief. Get over yourself, indulge in other games. Also, don't be a retard and use just the Love the characters and all the upgrades to the maps. Online play keeps me playing online with all my friends across the country. Crazychief112 is a retard. I own a xbox360 and love it to death, yet its obvious he's blinded by halo3 to see past any games that don't involve master chief. Get over yourself, indulge in other games. Also, don't be a retard and use just the wiimote. There are 3 other different controller schemes: wiimote + nunchuck, GC controller or classic. God forbid you spend the brain cells to research that yourself. Have fun on the short bus. Expand
  60. SW
    Mar 13, 2008
    I had never played any Smash Brother games in the past. Since I had a gift card I bought it based only on the hype that surrounded the game. This game does live up to its hype. The sheer number of game modes is overwhelming for someone who has never played SSB before. Playing online is a great experience. It is very polished. The best part is that its re-playability is off the charts! I had never played any Smash Brother games in the past. Since I had a gift card I bought it based only on the hype that surrounded the game. This game does live up to its hype. The sheer number of game modes is overwhelming for someone who has never played SSB before. Playing online is a great experience. It is very polished. The best part is that its re-playability is off the charts! This truly is a game that wii owners will be playing for the life of the system. I own 14 wii games and have never given a perfect 10 to any of them, except this one. Expand
  61. RyneG.
    Mar 13, 2008
    don't listen to Crazychief112, he don't know what he talking, this is one of the best game ever, and if you don't like the wii remote you can just use the gamecube controller, or the classic wii remote, so like I say before don't listen to Crazychief112
  62. Chauboy
    Mar 13, 2008
    Wow. Someone gave this game a 0 because it doesn't have Master CHIEF in it? Or is he talking about some new game like 'Cooking Mama: Halo edition'? I'm giving this game a 10 just to balance out his inane 'review'. Anyways, love the new characters. Wish there weren't so many Fox-like characters and there was more variety but it is still pretty good. This Wow. Someone gave this game a 0 because it doesn't have Master CHIEF in it? Or is he talking about some new game like 'Cooking Mama: Halo edition'? I'm giving this game a 10 just to balance out his inane 'review'. Anyways, love the new characters. Wish there weren't so many Fox-like characters and there was more variety but it is still pretty good. This is easily a game that I can spend countless days just playing against my friends. Expand
  63. TimB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    First of all, I want to put down the grades of 5 and down. I read all of them and they are obviously made by people that don't appreciate the type of game this is. Second, my review: This game has obvious improvements over its predecessors- the graphics are great, even compared to PS3 and 360 games; there are more characters, and all are more or less balanced all but a couple of the First of all, I want to put down the grades of 5 and down. I read all of them and they are obviously made by people that don't appreciate the type of game this is. Second, my review: This game has obvious improvements over its predecessors- the graphics are great, even compared to PS3 and 360 games; there are more characters, and all are more or less balanced all but a couple of the stages are innovative, familiar, or simple enough to be fun for the type of gameplay that will be on them, and both the multiplayer and solo modes are well developed- probably the biggest improvement over Melee. My only qualm is that the controls are hard to get used to on the wiimote, but I have my old Gamecube controllers so I just choose to ignore that small problem. Expand
  64. CozmikM.
    Mar 13, 2008
    I was a bit angered at the fact some of the old characters were taken out, even though some clones still remain... and I still am, but that is really all superficial. This game is an addictive blast, and even though the multiplayer is, yes, a bit shallow, it lets you play against friends which is really what you want to do. Wii owners, no joke here, a MUST buy! In reference to I was a bit angered at the fact some of the old characters were taken out, even though some clones still remain... and I still am, but that is really all superficial. This game is an addictive blast, and even though the multiplayer is, yes, a bit shallow, it lets you play against friends which is really what you want to do. Wii owners, no joke here, a MUST buy! In reference to "Crazychief112's" review. This guy is a total idiot because he is exemplar of the Xbox generation. All he wants is MC? That is enough to give the game an 8? He complains about the controls? Well then use a Gamecube controller, there are 4 ways to play the game, don't bitch about 1 of them. In reference to "Domingo's" review. Yea, the game looks exactly the same on Gamecube, but all sequels do. How come I never heard bitching about Halo having the same look, it's because all sequels have that. And how does new abilities mean the game is pathetic, next time they can have no abilities if it will please you, idiot. Lastly, no imagination, they have levels and people from every corner of the Nintendo universe, I'm sorry but they can't be fighting the flood in story mode, or fighting Nero from Devil May Cry, it is a N I N T E N D O game, so if your review consists of bitching about stupidity, then save it. Buy this game any Nintendo fans, you will NOT regret it. Expand
  65. SethM.
    Mar 13, 2008
    anyone who gave this game lower than a 10 is a retard.

this game is incredible, not only as looks go, but gameplay as well. the wifi capabilities take the mayhem further. the story mode was great as always and keeps you guessing. great game, nintendo really scored a hit with this one.
  66. KasilB.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Despite a disappointing character roster (compared to many peoples' expectations, at least), this game is amazing. From SSE to Co-op modes and online, this game vastly improves from the predecessors while still keeping the general gameplay the same and the tradition alive.
  67. TifaN.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Amazing game! This game is EPIC! The characters are really fun to play with and its quite easy to get good. It reminds me of the good old days...When you look back at the other Super Smash games, you could tell it improved a lot! You could play for hours and not get bored!
  68. Crazychief112
  69. JonathanT.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Freaking best game on the Wii.
  70. FilazaferX.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Games that give you great multi-player, single player, and online gaming are the only ones that deserve a 10 out of 10. This game does all of that. Sometimes you will be playing and you might think, "This could get boring and repetitive." Minutes later you will have a great, classic battle or find a new challenge to beat. Nintendo at it's best always finds new ways to keep you Games that give you great multi-player, single player, and online gaming are the only ones that deserve a 10 out of 10. This game does all of that. Sometimes you will be playing and you might think, "This could get boring and repetitive." Minutes later you will have a great, classic battle or find a new challenge to beat. Nintendo at it's best always finds new ways to keep you interested. This game does that and I know I will get my $50 worth. I would like to see them take this one step further. How about a smash brothers online in a much larger map? 32 players would be possible if it was online and all of the players weren't on screen together at the same time. Just a thought, now go buy the game. Expand
  71. Domingo
    Mar 12, 2008
    The game is a flop. It looks exactly the same as gamecube. The game play is just boring and the new special abilities show you how pathetic the game really is. The fact that there is no imagination left in Nintendo is just really sad. If the game was about 30 dollars cheaper I'd give it a 5.
  72. IanI.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Great game, not quite as good as melee though. Combat seems weaker and the new levels are awful, they generally move alot and like to arbitrarily kill people, not at all balanced. The new customizabillity is great, alot of settings, unfortunately you can't change anything if you want to play online (unless its a friend match) so you are stuck with a timed match, random map, with full Great game, not quite as good as melee though. Combat seems weaker and the new levels are awful, they generally move alot and like to arbitrarily kill people, not at all balanced. The new customizabillity is great, alot of settings, unfortunately you can't change anything if you want to play online (unless its a friend match) so you are stuck with a timed match, random map, with full items...which is no fun at all. Expand
  73. KevinG.
    Mar 11, 2008
    While the game is mixed graphically, it's clearly a step up from the GameCube game, but not by as much as most would have thought; although, the sheer amount of content in the game and the amount of new content in the game, all of which is enjoyable, really adds to the entire gameplay experience. Most games just add things to make a game longer and usually force you to complete While the game is mixed graphically, it's clearly a step up from the GameCube game, but not by as much as most would have thought; although, the sheer amount of content in the game and the amount of new content in the game, all of which is enjoyable, really adds to the entire gameplay experience. Most games just add things to make a game longer and usually force you to complete useless tasks so you can say you spent that money of yours properly because of the time you spent in the game. The worst part is, it's obvious Sakurai doesn't favor the Wiimote at all. Being a veteran Smash player w/ over 9600 hours in Melee and quite a few in the first game, I can clearly state that the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo is already the favorite of mine. My complaint lies in Sakurai's hatred of the Wiimote and most developer's candid use of it. It was used well in Resident Evil 4, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Mario Galaxy to name a few yet, Super Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't even have pointer functionality. I found myself constantly moving the pointer as well as the analog stick to point at objects on the screen, even when realizing I was doing it because it is so natural to point at things with the controller. I quit playing Melee for the last couple years because of the controls becoming boring as I was hitting the limits of the controller itself. I still thing Brawl is fun and that's really all that matters, but could it have hurt to at least play around w/ some innovative Wiimote functionality? Adding in waggle for smash attacks is the same as allowing smash attacks on the C-Stick; it just makes players claim it is cheating thus making it unusable unless you play alone or with beginners. But much of the game was improved and the balancing is even far better than the last game which only had balance problems because of glitch exploits, at least from my experience. The AI has improved greatly so much so that it's smart and not just so inhuman where you would pull off a fully charged blaster special attack using Samus and the AI would immediately block or dodge it as if it was reading the button presses in your mind. It wasn't always like that, but 90% of the time it was. It's good to know that Brawl at least lets playing with the AI not get boring even though they added in online play. Bonus mode was also exempt from this game as well as more Solo modes and variations of them. It would've added more to the single-player experience most players have who do not play online. This game deserves a 10 for fun, but a 0 for innovation. I don't think it's fair to grade a game on it's failure to innovate, but in this day and age, especially on the Wii, use the Wiimote and use it well just as only a handful of Wii games have. I guess I would have to say then, it's better to not include something you couldn't get right, but at least include what you could have (pointer functionality in the menus). Expand
  74. DavidP.
    Mar 11, 2008
    While it isn't an amazing technical achievement in the least, if you're just looking for a fun game, especially to play with friends, Nintendo has truly created a masterpiece in Brawl.
  75. Dark
    Mar 11, 2008
    You've played this game before, back when it was called "Super Smash Bros. Melee" - consider Brawl as something of an "expansion pack" and you'll enjoy it. But don't expect anything spectacular.
  76. AllanK.
    Mar 11, 2008
    This game is so sweet! Making maps. Playing wonderful multiplayer. Great minigames and long adventure!
  77. MaxG.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Amazing game with unlimited replayability. The only immediate downside was the seemingly floaty physics compared to Melee, but it's something you quickly get used to and move beyond. Fighting at it's finest, and the Wii at its best.
  78. DylanM.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Not even close to Melee in terms of fun, but production values are through the roof.
  79. MattC.
    Mar 11, 2008
    better than melee. not as fast but has the final smashes, assists, a much better selection of characters, better stages.. and some old ones, better graphics, and more game modes. subspace isn't anything special.. but its not terrible either.. and the cutscenes are great! also the music in this game is amazing. I also think it's more nostalgic than the others. overall a great better than melee. not as fast but has the final smashes, assists, a much better selection of characters, better stages.. and some old ones, better graphics, and more game modes. subspace isn't anything special.. but its not terrible either.. and the cutscenes are great! also the music in this game is amazing. I also think it's more nostalgic than the others. overall a great game. btw. Sonic and sSnake are insane! Expand
  80. AdamF.
    Mar 11, 2008
    The gameplay is as addicting as ever, the music is some of the best ever concieved on a video game. SSBB is completely stuffed with features and overflows with Nintendo love. Although it's clearly aimed at old school fanboys, Brawl is a masterful game no matter who you are. Buy it. It's for your own good.
  81. StaceyG.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Great game...done nothing but play it since we got it. The unlockables seem to have no end, and we have just as much fun playing co-op as we do single player.
  82. JamesH.
    Mar 11, 2008
    It's more than likely the reason you bought a Wii. And if you didn't know about it's predecessor, Melee, and you're not sure about this one, trust me, It's worth your 50 bones. Hope to see you all on wifi play. (If Nintendo's servers can ever handle the load)
  83. GioD.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Absolutely worth the wait. Its IMPOSSIBLE to write about all the good that oozes from this title so i'll make it short and sweet. Not to take anything away from Smash Bros Melee, but Brawl COMPLETELY obliterates it, and to be honest many would have been pissed if it didnt. The fan service in this game is unreal. You can literally spend hours playing this and going "Oh did you see Absolutely worth the wait. Its IMPOSSIBLE to write about all the good that oozes from this title so i'll make it short and sweet. Not to take anything away from Smash Bros Melee, but Brawl COMPLETELY obliterates it, and to be honest many would have been pissed if it didnt. The fan service in this game is unreal. You can literally spend hours playing this and going "Oh did you see that!?", "No way did that just happen!!!", "Thats a remix of the Metroid Fusion song!", "Did that character really just help me!!!???", its unbelievable how much content, items, stages, characters, music, animation, detail, and modes are packed into this disc. UNBELIEVABLE. And in the same vein as people kept playing Melee on the gamecube long LONG after its initial release (not to mention it was the best selling game for the cube), there is absolutely no reason why Brawl wouldn't be in the same category. If you bought it already you know exactly what im talking about, and if you haven't...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? One of the best, if not THE BEST, multiplayer games in history. Expand
  84. MikeN.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Excellent. Even better than expected. Great multiplayer.
  85. JasonH.
    Mar 10, 2008
    As far as Super smash bros is concerned this is by far the best yet, as far as fighting games are concerned you can not get more crazy fun and action than this game and ass far as Wii games are concerned this game is a must own. The fighting system is more balanced than previous iterations by making the heaver characters resilient to flinching from small hits, the single player/co op game As far as Super smash bros is concerned this is by far the best yet, as far as fighting games are concerned you can not get more crazy fun and action than this game and ass far as Wii games are concerned this game is a must own. The fighting system is more balanced than previous iterations by making the heaver characters resilient to flinching from small hits, the single player/co op game is perhaps the longest and most engrossing in the fighting game genre full of cgi and crazy bosses and the stickers even allow you to make your characters stronger in a semi rpg fashion. There is online multiplayer and even a level builder not to mention a wide variety of unlockable songs stages characters and trophies. This is a dream to any Nintendo fan or Wii owner ever. Expand
  86. A.G.
    Mar 10, 2008
    A bit sluggish (think 64 style, rather than Melee) but with all the modes, challenges, and extras...Brawl will never collect dust.
  87. KhoiP.
    Mar 10, 2008
    It's decent for a Nintendo game. It didn't improve on much, but neither do First Person Shooters (Bioshock, Resistance and the original Halo are the only ones that did that come to mind), or other fighting games (Street Figther just added new people, Soul Calibur added new people). I gave it a 10 because it was great in my eyes and should yield the same score as other games that It's decent for a Nintendo game. It didn't improve on much, but neither do First Person Shooters (Bioshock, Resistance and the original Halo are the only ones that did that come to mind), or other fighting games (Street Figther just added new people, Soul Calibur added new people). I gave it a 10 because it was great in my eyes and should yield the same score as other games that receive high marks for the same amount of improvement.I do love this game though. The online fighting makes the game worthwhile. Expand
  88. Tyler
    Mar 10, 2008
    Awesome Awesome Awesome. It takes a while to get used to, but once you do, its a smooth ride. If this game doesnt deserve a 10 NOTHING DOES.
  89. MikeB.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Fun, but shallow, as usual. Most new characters are passable at best, and Wario at worst. However, the lengthy(Over eight hours!) Adventure Mode, Stage Editor and obscenely large soundtrack justify the package. Awesome for parties.
  90. TerryB.
    Mar 10, 2008
    The whole game is head and shoulders above melee, but it's a cruel joke that the fastest way to unlock all the characters is in that godawful Subspace Emissary mode.
  91. DJ
    Mar 10, 2008
    No one does it like Nintendo! The multiplaya is in full effect, whether at your crib with friends or online vs the world, this is a next-gen 007 Goldeneye in terms of the addiction and madness! Nintendo pushes the Wiis hardware to levels yet unseen. The graphics and music are simply fantastic and the game runs at a smooth and fast framerate. It would be nice if I could play my homies on a No one does it like Nintendo! The multiplaya is in full effect, whether at your crib with friends or online vs the world, this is a next-gen 007 Goldeneye in terms of the addiction and madness! Nintendo pushes the Wiis hardware to levels yet unseen. The graphics and music are simply fantastic and the game runs at a smooth and fast framerate. It would be nice if I could play my homies on a DS version wirelessly though. How cool would that be? Expand
  92. DavidC.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This is a rare game in the fact that the few negatives are completely over-shadowed by the immense positives. If you have a Wii you must buy this game. If you don't have a Wii, you should go buy one and then buy this game.
  93. JesseS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Great game :) As a multiplayer game it works nearly flawlessly (both online and with live people). Not much to gripe about unless you were expecting the Wiimote motion sensing to be used for controlling the game. I've had one slow down while playing online, but even while running slow it wasn't unplayable, just a bit annoying. It actually played a great deal like someone had Great game :) As a multiplayer game it works nearly flawlessly (both online and with live people). Not much to gripe about unless you were expecting the Wiimote motion sensing to be used for controlling the game. I've had one slow down while playing online, but even while running slow it wasn't unplayable, just a bit annoying. It actually played a great deal like someone had used the "clock" item (or whatever the thing is that slows down everyone but the person that uses it), except that all players were moving slow. But, out of 30+ games online, only one has had any problems, and it was only for about 15 seconds out of a 2 minute match. Also, the Adventure mode is actually fun and longer than I expected (my daughter and I have played for about 10 hours and are about 50% done on the easy setting). Expand
  94. JohnS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    It is nothing but an improvement, though not groundbreaking changes, there are no faults, only issue was the concept of "you and a friend teamed up online" meant you had to have a friend with another Wii who's 12 digit friend code you must have to do so, not your friend on your couch.
  95. SamK.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This game is excellent. It took everything great about Smash Bros, and made it better. I give this game a 9.9/10 because of the lack of using the d-pad on the classic controller even if you change the control scheme, but everything else tottally makes up for it. My final thoughts. Buy this game. It is so worth the 57 bucks
  96. DennisG.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Multiplayer games don't get better than this.
  97. KevinR.
    Mar 10, 2008
    A great game that follows in the amazing tradition set forward by its predecessors, Super Smash Brothers Brawl exceeds in all fields except one: why are the stages still so dull and unexciting?
  98. Mr.Jackson
    Mar 10, 2008
    Nobody does it like Nintendo, and no one saw it coming! With 'Brawl', the Big N flexes its Wiis muscles and pushes it to limits not yet seen. It also shows Sony and Microsoft that its system can run with their next gen systems. From the amazing graphics and soundtrack, to its user friendliness and blazing multiplaya play, it does for the Wii what 'Goldeneye' did for Nobody does it like Nintendo, and no one saw it coming! With 'Brawl', the Big N flexes its Wiis muscles and pushes it to limits not yet seen. It also shows Sony and Microsoft that its system can run with their next gen systems. From the amazing graphics and soundtrack, to its user friendliness and blazing multiplaya play, it does for the Wii what 'Goldeneye' did for N64. Simply put, its the ULTIMATE party game. Expand
  99. JonathanA.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Truly spectacular. It ups the competetive feel of the series, but doesn't lessen its accessibility or fun. The roster is superb, with assuredly someone that will click with your play style, and not a single weak entry (even previously weaker fighters like jigglypuff and zelda rock in this game). The stages are stunning, filled with eye-candy and destructible, constantly morphing Truly spectacular. It ups the competetive feel of the series, but doesn't lessen its accessibility or fun. The roster is superb, with assuredly someone that will click with your play style, and not a single weak entry (even previously weaker fighters like jigglypuff and zelda rock in this game). The stages are stunning, filled with eye-candy and destructible, constantly morphing environments that match the intensity of the brawling. A focus on midair combat also increases the amount of strategy employed by everyone. This, including the insurmountable amount of extra content, online fighting, and the numerous enjoyable single player modes, will make your head spin in wonderment. This is a game that every Nintendo fan will surely enjoy, casual and hardcore alike. Expand
  100. RajendraG.
    Mar 9, 2008
    THe best fan service ever. The music brought me way back to the dawn of gaming. Subspace emissary if filled with a ton of enjoyable cut scenes, and the trophy and sticker collection mini games will last me years to come. All this tacked on top of frantic and deep fighting game with online multi player. My only regrets are the fact the the waggle capabilities of the Wiimote were not used THe best fan service ever. The music brought me way back to the dawn of gaming. Subspace emissary if filled with a ton of enjoyable cut scenes, and the trophy and sticker collection mini games will last me years to come. All this tacked on top of frantic and deep fighting game with online multi player. My only regrets are the fact the the waggle capabilities of the Wiimote were not used at all, and the awful friend code system that makes the online so anonymous, you might as well be battling the CPU. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.