8.9

1. Apr 10, 2014
    The greatest game of the entire generation. So much love and attention to detail went into making this masterpiece, sakurai has truly out did himself.

The content in this game is absolutely unbelievable.
  2. Apr 8, 2014
    I swear, some troll-faces have no sense... i mean, some of these people don't rate it like a critic and rate it on what they think made the game horrible. well, i tell you, this game is awesome! critic's rating would say.... IT'S AWESOME! graphics are mad as hell! almost HD-looking! although i though that characters spinning around going 8 directions wasn't all that detailed, but nevertheless beautiful. sound? U KIDDING ME!? all that and a bag of fries... literally! i could eat fries in a Snack-eez while playing this music through my wireless headphones :D it sounds so good, i would pay to hear them again. the music on everything sounds absolutely wonderful. the orchestra did a great job! they even did a great job recomposing and composing the original songs! GO Bramble Blast! game-play? Difficult and MAD as hell, once again. the controls are very detailed and who wouldn't love that simplified arcade feel of combo attacks? bunches of modes, especially with unlocking em. depth? yes, lots of characters and unlockables. ADDICTIVENESS??????? YES YES YES IT IS SO ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't begin to tell you how much i love it, especially online. and of course, this is the best game ever for the Wii. Expand
  3. Apr 1, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a blast!!! I never owned the original on the N64, I had Melee and I liked it but this is really good. My sister and I have such a fun time playing through the different modes like Brawl mode or The Subspace Emissary (Adventure Mode). They both offer good fun and good challenges (even though I kind of suck at the Adventure Mode). This game has a lot of cool features, some we've seen before like Trophy Collecting and Events but we now have other cool things that make the game really cool; There is an online mode, I actually haven't tried it though, but it's good to see a SSB game with this feature (Better play it while you can, Wi-Fi goes out on Wii and DS this May). There is also a few other things like Old Game demos which are cool even though I wish the trials were longer and a level creator; however a lot of these extra small things I didn't take too much time with, I just mainly playing the "main events" like Brawl, Classic Mode and Subspace Emissary. The characters are also great, my favorite characters I like to play are probably Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong and a few others (Don't Judge). SSBB is without a doubt a must have on the Wii, go out buy it now! I also look forward to seeing SSB4 come out later this year on the 3DS and Wii U (I just need to get me a Wii U -_-). Expand
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    its a huge improvement from last game, more characters, more maps, twice as much content and overall better fighting physics. although the game is still in favor of some franchises over others, theirs still 4 mario characters and ONE sonic character?, like they dont have enough to chose from, still a very good game
  5. Mar 22, 2014
    this game is my all time favourite. i loved every second of playing this game. the entertainment i got from playing this was enough to satisfy any gamer or non-gamer. I had friends who wasn't into gaming but would come to my house just to play this game. The fan made project M this made this game so much more entertaining and even enough where is was able to bring this to after school clubs to play this with them. This game added so many new amazing character not seen before. Lucario, ROB, Wario all these i thought was a brilliant additions to the game.
    I cannot wait for Super Smash Bros. 4
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    I'll keep it short and simple. I love the Single player mode and the new characters but, the mechanics in the game is kind of bad and feels rushed. Has flaws but not too bad.
  7. Mar 16, 2014
    Pretty fun, but the previous games are (in my opinion) better. It's probably my nostalgia blindness, though. I also didn't like this game's online multiplayer or story. Third party characters are a good idea, but were OP. I have (or had) my own requests for third party characters in the next one, but it aint happenin'
  8. Mar 15, 2014
    This is my favourite fighting game alongside Marvel versus Capcom. It's accessible but deep, fun but challenging. The stages are the best I have seen from a fighting game and the characters are unique and fun. This is the best online experience on the Wii and is a must-have for any long time Nintendo fans.
  9. Mar 13, 2014
    How to make a game better. Easy keep the same philosophy and just add new features to make a great game even greater. I will say I like SBM better but this one for the Wii is great. Expanding to 35 characters makes this game endless fun. The story is great with a variety of given scenarios and different characters to choose from. Bringing back all star mode and the things like home run bat are nice but the main reason why any of us play this game is for the fact of the multiplier and they deliver. Forget about the online because if thats all you want out of this game then your playing the wrong game. Nintendo is not known for great online just great memorable single player gameplay. But back to the multiplier. Playing with friends is great and got even greater with additional characters and items to play as and with. All the stages as well are great and beautiful looking to play online while some offer challenges some on the other hand have great landscapes with no special features. Adding assist trophies and the smash ball are great way that make the fighting 10 times more fun. I can't say this is the best of the series but I do enjoy playing this with friends or against the computer from time to time. The reason I must say this gets a nine is due to tripping and some characters like falco, wolf, and toon link are duplicates of other better fighters. Expand
  10. Mar 10, 2014
    Sue me for all I care. I personally think this game is better than Melee. Don't get me wrong: I love Melee, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love Brawl even more. Why? One word: content. Brawl has at least twice as much content as Melee. The addition of the Subspace Emissary mode was a brilliant one on the developer's part, and while people whine about it having pretty much no story, they probably had fun playing it whether it had a story or not. Boss Battles mode is very challenging, Stage Builder (while a little bare-bones) is a great idea, stickers and CDs will keep completionists like me busy for months, and do I even need to talk about Final Smashes? As for everything else that's an improvement on Melee, Brawl just gives us more. More characters, more stages, more modes, more trophies, and pretty much just more things to do.

Was there anything really bad about the game? Well, not really bad, just annoying. The ability to unlock every character just by playing through Subspace Emissary I think wasn't a good idea (maybe if you just unlocked ROB, Snake, and Sonic as milestones), and the online mode is really laggy, though not enough to stop you from having a good fight with folks online. And yeah, there are a couple characters I would have loved to have in the game, but I won't hold that against the game. Every single crossover fighting game that exists suffers that problem. As for the lack of L-canceling or wave dashing or other crap like that, look at it this way. Most of the people who play Super Smash Bros. probably don't play it competitively (including me though I'm a die-hard fan of the series). This stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest, and if you're still kicking ass without those mechanics, it shouldn't bother you either.

Bottom line is that Brawl is a fantastic fighting game. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and no one will change my mind. Is Brawl going to become somewhat obsolete when Smash Bros. 4 comes out for 3DS and Wii U? Of course it is, but for now, if you have a Wii or Wii U and don't own Super Smash Bros. Brawl...you, my good sir or ma'am, are out of your mind.
  11. Feb 28, 2014
    I cannot tell you guys about how many hours I have into this game, both by myself and with my friends. I beat the Subspace Emissary a few times and have beaten every event and classic mode with every character at least 5 times, and lets not get started with playing with friends! Makes the game even better when your proness makes your friends angry but at the same time they are laughing with you. Best fighting game of all time... Period. Expand
  12. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best game Nintendo ever made. While Melee was awesome, Brawl gives even more content to enjoy. I think it's one of the game i played the most in my whole life, especially with my brother ! Lots of fun is to expect, even without multiplayer. Can't wait for the next Smash bros !
  13. Feb 8, 2014
    I have yet to explore all the options of the game but, so far, I'm really enjoying myself in both single player and multiplayer. Super Smash Bros Brawl is a gaming dream for quite a few of us Nintendo fans as it combines all our favourite characters in an original, easy-to-play gaming experience.
  14. Jan 26, 2014
    Too floaty and bloated by attack lag, it's still a SSB. Smash Bros. 64 will always be my favorite. I hope the next game is more balanced. Some character's KO moves with high knock-back are too easy to use in this game.
  15. Jan 21, 2014
    This is by far tied for the best game i have ever played on the Wii, with the other being Super Mario Galaxy. It features all of my favorite Nintendo characters and some new ones that I have grown to love. If you are a newcomer to the Nintendo Universe. Brawl is a way to get you started on an amazing company. If you have a Wii, I would Highly Recommend getting this game. You will like every part of this game. See you on the Battlefield. Expand
  16. Jan 15, 2014
    This is by far my favorite fighting game (not to mention my favorite Super Smash Bros. game) it has more content then any other fighter ever and the best story (in my opinion) ever in a fighter, and that's not to mention the amazing selection of characters. This game has no competitor it's just to good.
  17. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still, it's suppose to be a game with all Nintendo characters. Overall, best fighting game I've seen, and I suggest you get it right away! Expand
  18. Jan 8, 2014
    Hands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially with friends) and the soundtrack is just a hall down nostalgia lane. The online mode is the only issue i have, but i don't play online almost at all, so it does not bother me that much. This game for me is borderline perfect. Expand
  19. Dec 27, 2013
    Brawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and the stages,too.Nothing more to say. Expand
  20. Dec 16, 2013
    As a stand-alone game, Brawl is great. But as a sequel to Melee, the gameplay isn't nearly as fast or fun. Can be a fun party game with the right crowd. Worth buying, but not for 50 bucks.
  21. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is by far the best game I have ever played. I started playing this game around 2010 and I have been playing it ever since. I loved Super Smash Bros. Melee. And hearing about this game made me so happy. Once you get this game, like I usually say when I review games, it will be extremely hard to put this game down. (Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out in 2014!)
  22. Dec 12, 2013
    Mario games just never fail! I have all SSB games from Nintendo 64, GameCube and the Wii. This game is fantastic, the graphics are more realistic, there are ton of characters to choose from too! The reason why I gave this a 9 and not a 10 is because of the maps arnt that great other than than it just a Better version of melee and I love you can use the GameCube controller
  23. Dec 11, 2013
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

With fun gameplay, great graphics, and so many awards and challenges I haven't gotten them all in the 6 years I've had the game, it is the pinnacle of the Super Smash Bros. series. Brawl also has a fun story mode, which allows you to play through the Super Smash universe and save the world from Subspace.

It also
    has tons of unlockable challenges and minigame-like quests, which have kept me busy and immersed. I love this game. Expand
  24. Nov 11, 2013
    THE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario from Pokemon, Toon Link from The Legend of Zelda, Pit from Kid Icarus, and many more. They even added in Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake. It was a genius idea to add them in because 3rd party characters can create endless possibilities for the series. Visually, the game is beautiful. Many characters take on a more realistic look than they did in Melee. Stages are better than ever, and theres over 40 of them this time around! There is even a stage builder now, which allows you to get creative with your own battlefields.The new story mode, The Subspace Emissary, is a blast to play as well. There is the classic single player mode and 2-player vs modes, but also the special brawl which is more fun than ever. You can customize vs. matches further than ever. I mean, who doesn't want to play in crazy matches like "Super giant invisible whatever" fights? There are endless amounts of things to collect in the game, from stickers to trophies to cds. Decades of gaming history is in this title. The soundtrack is huge and fantastic! They even added in fighting online, which can be pretty fun too! The best thing about this game however, is that on top of its amazingly varied fighting gameplay, there is an insane amount of content in the whole package. The replay value is infinite. And its a game that can be fun both alone and with friends.

THE BAD: The online can be a little laggy at times. Some great characters from Melee unfortunately didn't make it into brawl. They are Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy.

Perhaps the best fighting game ever. MUST OWN! BUY IT!
  25. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game so much...it's a great game for all those Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and Zelda lovers. With other characters in this game...it still makes a great enjoyable game for lots of groups of friends. The story is fascinating, as well as long, so you better be ready for some fights...there's plenty to enjoy. Also, a feature in story mode that I just started using...the Sticker Album. If you do this...you can level up your fighters with more powerful attacks. So...if you pick Intense mode...then you better get some powerful stickers. The Wi-Fi mode is inevitable. Simply great. There may be some lag...but come on, enjoy it.
    And, other countless modes of fun. My favorite is the My Music mode...the best of the best where you can enjoy your music. And...along the way is the Deletion option...now...I messed up real bad on this one. I actually...mistakenly thought it was going to do the same thing for the ''Delete Everything'' setting. So, I tested it out on Adventure...and you know what happened. I deleted my Adventure...so, that's a mistake you don't want to make. So far...this game is awesome...so buy it, enjoy it, and love it.
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    This is easily the best fighting game of all time. With many characters and stages, and with a stage builder, the game rules! What more can you ask for?
  27. Nov 3, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting/party game I've ever played. It's best with your friends when the atmosphere is so intense, that you can see in the air. Even thou there is lot of characters which won't be so familiar for most of players. Characters can still be individuals and different from others. There's lots of customisation in game modes so you can customize pretty much how you want to play the game.
    +lots of characters
    + maps (try final destination)
    +playing with friends
    +skill level
    +lot's of customization options (like power ups, items n stuff)
    +gameplay is pure gold
    +music
    -if no friends, alone ain't fun to play
  28. Oct 24, 2013
    Right after I played the first match I was instantly hooked to this game, I'm pretty sure I have played this game longer then any other. The only reason i gave it a 9 is because of bad online, and some bad stages,characters, and items. But overall this game is tied with Super Mario Galaxy as my favorite Wii games.
  29. Oct 20, 2013
    As a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING games in history Expand
  30. Oct 17, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW,THATS AN ORDER.This game is my favorite fighting game if a large roster,creative modes,easy to master controls,graphic that look like that the great artist leonardo da vinci painted them,music that deserves to be on it's own sound track,sounds that sound like what they should sound like,and gameplay BEYOND your wildest dreams.BUY IT NOW
  31. Oct 1, 2013
    okay i guess. the story is horrible, and it takes no skill. your just pressing buttons randomly. it just leads to boring gameplay. the 2 best games on the wii are skyward sword and twilight princess
  32. Sep 11, 2013
    All I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she's even WORSE than ever!

Aside the long loading times, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a real treat. Score: 4/5.
  33. Aug 29, 2013
    By far the best selling fighting game ever! It ha soo many contents! Lots of stages, characters, music and more! One of the best features is the Stage Builder. Yes, you can create your own stages! And there's much, much more! You can play it online, too! But 2 things of SSBB sucks: First, the annoying AI that are always going after YOU. Even if they aren't teamed up! And they're using their final smashs always on you, too! The other but smaller bad thing is the online mode, because this might by laggy. Expand
  34. Aug 16, 2013
    very amazing game. Every mode is fun. especially the adventure mode. the cutscenes are great, and I experienced no lag. The only reason that this game is rated less than a nine is because there are some crazy halo fans who are putting other games down even though halo hasn't had a decent game in years! *looks at crazychief112* but this is easily one of the best games ever released on the Wii.
  35. Aug 8, 2013
    Game is pretty much the best fighting game ever made for a Nintendo console. The adventure is fantastic, and the roster is just big enough that your brain doesn't explode. If you do not have this game, I pity you.
  36. Aug 2, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10/10.........................................................................................................................
  37. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, even though words are not spoken, and the plot lines don't quite make full sense. The music has catchy tunes that have been part of video game history for a long time, so I cannot argue with the quality. This was a great game I was able to play with another adult friend of mine. However, we only felt compelled to play this game only as part of the story mode, not really against each other. Having such deep levels of difficulty make this game stand out more, but I wish there could be more quests and things going on, instead of jacking up the difficulty levels of completing certain tasks, and generally just encouraging beating the stuffing out of each other the best. Graphics are great. Definitely a good game you can play with others. Expand
  38. Jul 22, 2013
    the best wii game out there and a great extension of the super smash bros series. The campaign mode is fun, each character is unique and well thought out. It would easily get a ten if it: A. wasn't so floaty B. didnt have tripping
  39. Jul 20, 2013
    Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs, trophies, and stickers even after five years of playing. Like the other games in the series, Brawl is extremely intuitive, making it the most vaudeville fighting game out there. This game is practically timeless and deserved all the hype it received. This is by and large the best Wii game ever. Expand
  40. Jul 18, 2013
    The best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completely disproportionate difficulty, in a way that you think that a human being is completely unable to complete the game, but you don´t need them to see the credits of the game, just to complete the whole thing. Expand
  41. Jul 13, 2013
    Bringing characters throughout Nintendo and uniting gamers anywhere in a challenge to have a wonderful time competing with each other. Who ever you play or play with you are going to have great fun no matter what. The story unites all our Nintendo heroes together fighting their way through in a wonderful plot, whether you were the bad guy in the end you would eventually reach the last boss......spoilers Expand
  42. Jul 10, 2013
    With fun visuals and interesting characters to fight against each other, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is the perfect game for a video game lover. My favorite Wii game to date.
  43. Jul 3, 2013
    This is pretty much the greatest game of all time. It kicks Sony's shameless rip off's ass. More characters, More features, more stages, more trophies, stickers, outstanding story mode, this game is just awesome!
  44. Jul 1, 2013
    The sheer amount of time we had already invested in Melee was definitely partly to blame for our lack of interest. After all, Brawl didn’t showcase the same jump in features and spectacle that Melee had over the original game on the N64. It was, by and large, pretty similar to Melee, and lacked the novelty of its predecessor. However, after mulling it over in my head over the course of a couple of months, I decided that Brawl was, in my mind at least, a worse game than Melee. Still, my reasoning behind this opinion often differed from the reasoning of forum-goers and commenters across the internet (it is largely regarded that Melee is the superior game, at least as far as depth of gameplay goes). Many users complained about the dumbing-down of competitive play through the removal of certain advanced techniques, such as wave dashing, or L-canceling. However, this didn’t really apply to my friends and me: none of us had ever even attempted to wave dash, nor was the lowering of a skill-ceiling something which would effect our play with one another. Indeed, to be fair, some of the techniques that were removed appeared to depend on the exploitation of unintended design flaws.

Now, by no means was Brawl a bad game in fact, it’s very good, and well worth checking out at the very least. However, it’s by no means perfect, and in some respects, worse than its prequel. For the sake of clarity and convenience, my contentions with the game will be presented in list form.

1. The Subspace Emissary sucked. The Subspace Emissary was made out to be the Story mode option of Brawl, as well as a replacement for the Adventure mode of Melee. It boasts gorgeous CG cutscenes featuring the Brawl cast, as well as boss battles against well-known franchise villains, such as Petey Piranha and Ridley. Unfortunately, that’s about all it has going for it. The story was threadbare, the level design was repetitive and bland, the gameplay was monotonous, and it ultimately felt like a chore that had to be slogged through in order to unlock content for other modes. Embarrassingly, Melee’s Adventure mode remains a much more enjoyable and interesting experience overall, despite only lasting the guts of about 20 minutes on each run, whereas Subspace Emissary gives a play time of about 10 hours, give or take. Disc space and development time that could have been given over to other game modes was instead used up by this lackluster option. I’d like to see either a return to a short Adventure-style game mode in the sequel, or go the full hog and give each character their own short story mode la every fighting game ever interspersed with a little dialogue, the odd boss fight and bookended by some mini-cutscenes. Trying to fit the entirety of the 30-strong cast into a single story appears to be a futile and messy task, filled with compromise.

2. Cloned characters. Wolf, Falco, and Fox. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon. Toon Link and Adult Link. I have no problem with characters sharing certain elements of their playstyle with one another, but Brawl had seven characters that were practically model swaps of one another. I’m adamant in my belief that characters absolutely must have their own individual special moves. Now, I know adding cloned characters takes less effort/time/money than developing a whole new addition to the cast, but I’d happily sacrifice three clones or a game mode for an extra “true” character or two. Imagine replacing Toon/Young Link with Fierce Deity Link instead: give him a slower, stronger set of moves and movements to suit his huge, double-helix sword, maybe the ability to fire projectile discs from it somewhat similar to Link’s regular ol’ Bow n’ Arrow combo, but perhaps faster and with a shorter range. Drop the clones, and instead incorporate fresh characters with their own mechanics and tactics to be mastered.

3. Level design
    Brawl was plagued with simplistic, symmetrical levels. So many of the levels featured in the game were made up of little more than a few small platforms hovering over one larger one. “But that’s all any Smash Bros. game has ever done,” I hear you cry! Nonsense my good fellows, nonsense. Let’s take Onett from Melee for want of an example. Here, there are platforms, but they’re grounded within the universe they’re supposed to be depicting you jump across shop facades, rooftops, tree branches and clotheslines. Compare this with Spear Pillar, Lylat Cruise or Shadow Moses, which lack the organic asymmetry of Onett, and seem content to instead provide some random floating platforms placed in front of a themed background. As a result they feel sterile, shallow and artificial.

4. Smash Balls
    Some of the characters had completely overpowered Final Smash attacks like Sonic's, Fox's.

And there you have it, pretty much all of my niggles with Brawl laid out in a somewhat concise manner. If Nintendo wishes to better Melee and Brawl (at least in my eyes), they’d do well to keep some of these points in mind
  45. Jun 26, 2013
    As a kid, I remember playing the first Super Smash Bros., saying to myself, "It just can't get better than this". Later, Melee came out and I was proven wrong. After playing Melee for a solid 100 hours, I said, "There's no way it can get any better than this!" Then, Brawl came out, and I was proven wrong yet again.

Brawl is, without a doubt, the most complete Smash Bros. game to date.
    There are tens of characters to play as, dozens of stages (not to mention you can build your own), hundreds of trophies, and many different gameplay modes to mess with. There's also a pretty good story mode, which is a change for the series.

The only flaw with this game is the online play with random strangers. Saying that there's lag is an understatement.

All in all, this is the best Smash Bros. yet. There's no way it can get better than this (or can it... WiiU?)
  46. Jun 22, 2013
    Ok, heres the deal, GET THIS AMAZING GAME, this game cannot be forgotten, and although there is a little bit of unbalance in this game, the story mode is fantastic, the online play is fun but can get annoying if people just camp, and playing with friends is the best thing ever
  47. Jun 22, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of my favourite games ever. There is just so much to do and it's so fun, it's hard to stop playing once you've started. Characters are quite well balanced and you'll probably find one who you really like. And this game actually just gets better the more you play it!
  48. Jun 19, 2013
    Probably one of the greatest party games ever created. The graphics are great for a Wii game and the multiplayer and single player options guarantee that players will continue playing for a long time.
  49. Jun 15, 2013
    The best SSB out of all... even though some of the characters that i thought really didn't need to be on there, it was a good addition to the fray. Definitely worth your money and your free time. If you just want to see your favorite nintendo characters and guests duke it out then this is the game for you other than SSBM. Where should i start? Amazing graphics to make a more dim look to it, absolutely no dialogue but who would notice with a great story, great music and remixes and so much more. If you haven't played this game you will love this game or just give it shot i bet you would like it. Expand
  50. May 29, 2013
    I really don't mind that there is almost no online multiplayer, because the regular multiplayer in this game is already fine. I really love all of those reviews about how this game is unbalanced; PSASBR is very unbalanced, making this game seem perfectly fair. I like this game more that PSASBR as well because there are obvious skill levels in this game, I can easily beat people that don't play as much as me. In PSASBR, my friend came over, and was almost on par with my skills event though it was his first time playing it ever. Maybe because you get the skill from this game, and show it on PSASBR, I don't know. I've heard about 'clones,' whoever has commented about this seriously hasn't played Melee. Let's take Fox and Falco for example, in Melee, both of them have red lasers, that just touch the enemy, an their move sets are very similar. In Brawl, Falco shoots blue beams of energy, and knocks the opponent back. Whereas Fox has a red beam of energy and has the same effect as in Melee. Their down b's are also different, in Melee, Falco and Fox just held their shield in place. In brawl, Falco kicks his down b shield, and Fox does the same as he did in Melee. Same with Ganon and Cpt. Falcon, their moves are slightly different, unlike in Melee. Someone mentioned the subspace emissary? compare it to PSASBR, the only game to really compare this game to. I a really annoyed with people complaining about the music. You know what I'm going to suggest, look at PSASBR. This along with stage problems, ever try PSASBR, in that game, the stage stops after a small amount of playing on it (stock matches especially evident), in SSBB, the stage continues, and keeps pace. Whatever people say about this game, I will still ask you to refer to PSASBR, to see if it is any better. I will only start to complain if the next Super Smash Bros game is worse than this one. My Verdict is the same at 9.8/10, online is almost (if not) literally impossible to use. Expand
  51. May 12, 2013
    If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of. You get an expanded roster of some the most iconic Nintendo characters, plus now for the first time 3rd-party characters Snake and Sonic. With highly detailed graphics it makes watching the fighting even more enjoyable, which is also a minor problem because there's so much going on that you can't fully enjoy the detail. The biggest part this game had to offer was the fact that it had online play, which would mean that we could pown noobs anywhere now, but unfortunately that didn't really meet our expectations. Now in this one there's a story mode along with the usual material, and that is probable the not so great part of this game. it goes on for too long, and is not that entirely interesting; it is at times, just not all the time. Now for the best part: VS mode. by far the greatest 4 player fighting game to date, or the greatest I can think of. Just casual producer as always, pick your character and stage, then proceed to beat the living crap out of your friends. There was also the introduction to final smashes, which are these dazzling super moves that can clear the stage of enemies. This was always the one thing I think didn't need to be in the game; it's great though how you can just turn it off with ease, it can be seen as unfair because players could just wait for the smash ball to appear and just use that to win. Now for why I love this game. Don't you love it when you see an image from your childhood in a cool game or movie? Well for me I was excited to kick all my friends asses with Meta knight! Now though it's seen as unfair to play as him. What's also cool is that this game doesn't focus on combo's and special moves like most previous fighting games do, but instead tries to give players; or rather force others, to use strategy while fighting. Characters don't have a label on their heads saying how to be played, all characters can be played differently and can be efficient, but some have certain advantages over others, but none that are major. So in conclusion I think this is one of the best fighting games of all time; please note I said "one" of greatest, and I wish I could play it now. Expand
  52. May 5, 2013
    Hands down my favorite Wii game ever. It's a blast to play with friends, has crazy amounts of content and you can beat the snot out of your least favorite Nintendo characters with the incredibly tight controls. You also have 4 different controller options and can customize the controls so you can have the perfect fighting experience.
  53. May 5, 2013
    This is presented excellently, the graphics look realistic and the gameplay was what I have expected, ever since playing the first two games. Nintendo has gotten serious into these type of games and have given it their best shot.
  54. May 3, 2013
    Brawl or Melee? I pick this too some many people say that is a lot of CLONES on this game that I can understand like Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Lucas, Ness but the truth is they was clones on Melee too Brawl is just smooth to a crisp movement Melee was slow in this way. Ok the good parts: nice list of people I love it I use Wolf or random nice list of levels some new some old ones from Melee game
    good controls for a gamecube one I never tired the will mote and stuff
    good story mode too I guess it's not perfect but it's a start
    great for muli-player sessions I take this to my friend's and we have a blast on it for hours

Cons:
    is the online is crap at times I know many people say it so I SAY IT AGAIN, when on online playing with random people I was hoping it would find them quick, well it don't half the time due to possible of the LAG the lag in this game kills the game so badly that it is unplayable you have found people but then you lose connection at the last second then gonna need to get more players to join again this is tedius at times I had the problem a lot mostly when you find two people it will not search anymore or it will take a long time to do so and when you waiting I used to like the music in the background but now it drives me crazy it just repeats the same sounds over and over
    you can't change anything in Brawl too in online game with anyone only 2 minutes well I think that is really to short, you can't even add them too on friends list too

Well I hoped you liked the review remember not all games is bad and if so it can improve every problem has a solution but to Brawl online they is non you can't stolve it simple a matter of waiting
  55. Apr 25, 2013
    While this is the best fighting game series out on the nintendo consoles, brawl was probably one of my least favorites. While I admit that the graphics and the map/character quality is just amazing. The game has some mechanics that bring it down.

To start off, the controls will be a problem for you unless you play with either a gamecube or a classic controller, so those who have never
    played the previous SSB games are gonna have a hard time to get used to this one. And a few characters moves can be cheap and broken. (Meta Knight) And while nintendo did try to nerf some in a few updates, it still didn't even it out, some of my favorite characters are once again, banned from competitive play. Replay value can be low after a little while, but I still stuck with it to where I unlocked every character's trophies in classic mode. And now their are stickers you can collect along with trophies, and the story mode titled "Subspace Emissary" uses stickers to increase character stats and other features, giving the story mode more of an RPG element, but it's not necessary to do this. I was able to beat the story without using any stickers at all.

Online play..... Well unless your playing with Friends, don't bother, the random opponent servers are cruddy, their are major drops in frames for certain seconds, especially when performing a final smash.

And some minor elements ruin the fighting elements, such tripping when sprinting at certain points. And only the experts at the games platforming are able to obtain the smash ball, but at least it's not as bad as having a meter requiring to build up to perform your final smash.

But over all, Brawl still keeps it's best elements and still fun with friends. And I'm excited for the next one on the Wii U and 3DS.
  56. Apr 21, 2013
    Excellent game. I would recommend it to anybody. Worth every penny. Excellent moves, great graphics, and extreme addictiveness, and nice storyline makes this game the incredible game I knew it would be
  57. Apr 19, 2013
    As someone who got many hours of multiplayer gaming heaven out of Melee, I was very happy to hear about how Nintendo intended to amp the next in the series.

I'm not going to repeat the points you have heard generally, yes it is fantastic, a fantastic roster, Melee's returning "clone characters" fleshed out and some great stages. It's worth buying on these alone.

The Subspace Emissary
    was a great idea on paper, but missed a trick by not taking the concept beyond some flash CG cutscenes. The bits inbetween involve standard matches and low end 80's platforming. Considering that it has key characters from the platform genre's hayday, you'd think they'd add more elements inspired by the roster of characters, maybe even some original ideas.

The biggest let down is the Online modes that are promised by Nintendo, put simply I have not had a single match since I am forever waiting for the service to match me up with other players. I have had the game since launch and still nothing... which is made worse if you have experienced how well Mario Kart Wii Online has hand this.

To sum up, the game is excellent, Subspace Emissary is a dull missed opertunatey, the fantastic multiplayer still isn't broke and the online equivalent is, unless Nintendo see fit to sort it out, which maybe unlikely since they knowingly sold it in this state after having the very same problem in Japan and the US.

I know there will be fans who won't like this when I say it, heck I'm suprised I'm saying it, but this game really is the definition of flawed genious. This game and it's publisher come from a good pedigree, but don't take everyone's word for it that it's a classic, the hype was definately a step beyond a product that European gamers were made to wait for, which is why I scored it 2 stars overall.
  58. Apr 7, 2013
    I got this game around 2010, and was instantly hooked. The graphics are epic, the fights are epic, and the story is super epic. I think it deserved to be the last 10 in Nintendo Power history! (R.I.P. Nintendo Power)
  59. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a big fan of these games and now this game has been up the next level by making the Wii go on line and challenge your friends or just random people.

They is a least new characters on this game some take time to know what skills they do.

On the downfall I hate this game for:

On line can be slow to connect if you playing with random players in a team got to wait at least 20 minus or so before another guy comes on and then it sometimes disconnect you off then you have to start again finding players.

And you trip a lot too on this game half a time I lost in the sudden death mode because I tripped up and a bomb landed on my head and I could not move in time to avoid it or the other player killed me.

The game is detail in the characters that is on it.

The levels is awesome and some playable enough.

The songs/music is well composed and nice to listen to.

They 's is the challenges you can do for more stuff in the game that will take you a few days to do.

The game is just great, it's fast paced with extra bits like a stage builder you can now re-create the old levels in other games but it has hardly room to make a lot of things to make it annoying for you.

Overall I personally love this game too bits.
  60. Mar 25, 2013
    It's outrageously entertaining, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the perfect game to play with a group of buddies or homies. Its got amazing characters and epic battles and moves that will make it a nonstop playing game.
  61. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is the most fun I've ever had on the Wii. When my friends come over, this is usually what we play. It is so fun to play as some of your favorite characters in gaming and compete against your friends and see who's the ultimate Brawler. The gameplay is so simple and so fun, which is what I believe to be the reason so many people adore it. The many different places you can fight in have some great surprises and may give you nostalgia attacks if you love the original games. If you have a Wii, you have to have this game. You will be playing it again and again and again. Expand
  62. Mar 14, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a Nintendo fans dream game, Featuring tons of Nintendo characters and a few non-nintendo characters being Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, Most characters are fairly well balanced, but there are a few that are a bit overpowered and some that are quite under-powered, Nonetheless this is the best example of local four player competitive play along with Mario Kart, The weakest part of Brawl is it's online play which is very laggy and is just hard to play.

This is one of the best games on Wii to play with family and friends, It's adventure mode storyline is decent for seeing all Nintendo characters together, but it is quite repetitive and the gameplay is quite boring and easy. But this is an easy recommendation for Wii or Wii U owners looking for a game to play.
  63. RNH
    Feb 2, 2013
    In my opinion, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the greatest games ever created. The game is very fun and addicting to play. The game has a wide cast of your favorite characters, from Kirby to Oilmar to even Solid Snake, and a great variety of items, stages, music, and game modes. Fighting in this game is simple but strategic, simple enough that anybody can join in the game and have a fun time, but also skill-based enough that there is a competitive metagame for it. Super Smash Bros. has changed fighting games with its unique fighting system with a backwards health bar and directional button combos. This game has tons of bonus features besides multiplayer, with single player modes such as an adventure mode, event mode, classic mode, and training mode. This is a perfect game to pull out during a party, and everyone would want to play it and also have a lot of fun. This is probably the funnest game on any system to date, and is a must-own for humble Wii owners. Expand
  64. Jan 28, 2013
    Although I now consider Nintendo to be the worst company on earth (not just videogame company, but any type of company), I do want to give them respect when they deserve it. SSB is actually an aquired taste. With the input delay, you really have to learn timing and avoid button mashing to get good. Playstation All-Stars is superior in the sense that you can actually form deep fighting game combos, but SSB is better overall because it is a much bigger game with a richer history. Nintendo, I hate you, but you have made some good games in the past. Expand
  65. Jan 21, 2013
    Absolutely flawless game, with fun to last through the ages, of all ages. Great game. So good, that it's so good. Words cannot fathom the awesomeness.
  66. Jan 19, 2013
    There are only 3 games I can say are worth getting on the Wii, and this one alone is worth the console. The roster of characters is large at 35, and while some characters have advantages over the others, I never really found it a problem since I never play competitively.

The Story mode is a nice platforming adventure while the classic mode is there for those who want a short Sweet
    experience. The v.s. mode will take up most of your time though. You'll also be able to save replays of short bouts and take screen caps in any mode at any time by just pausing the game.

The music list is larger then melee, and you now can change the odds for a track to play. Trophies make a welcome return along side stickers and CDs. A challenge wall allows you to see how to obtain more stages, songs, trophies, and stickers.

The game is beautiful. Sure it's not HD, but it's a good looking game still. Every stage looks like it's right from it's respective franchise.
  67. Jan 9, 2013
    I'm a Nintendo fan. There is no doubt about it. Super Smash Bros. is a series that had kept Nintendo fans on their feet for ages. Well...not that long. Super Smash Bros. Brawl really impressed me. All of the new playable characters have a good moveset as well as the old ones. I'm just glad that my favorite character, Mr.Game&Watch, has returned. I think the smash ball was a very interesting thing for them to add. All of the final smashes were related to the games. The assist trophy was another great thing to add. You get to see non-playable characters fight by your side. Expand
  68. Dec 29, 2012
    Maybe I'm biased towards Smash Brothers in general, but any game that can consistently entertain and satisfy me for 4 years is a great game in my book.
  69. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is amazing the best super smash bros ever i played this all summer long and smoked pot and drank beers and just had a good time and this game is amazing
  70. Nov 24, 2012
    The absolute best fighting game I have ever played. This game has so much content, that it doesn't even work on some Wii consoles. This is my lone problem with this game. I have brought this game to friends' houses only to find that their Wii will not run this game. Many would argue this is a hardware issue, and I agree mostly. These issues aside, SSBB is the must have fighting game of this console generation. 9/10 Expand
  71. Nov 12, 2012
    It has fantastic graphics,awesome arsenal and game play.I give it to each one 10/10.Overall:3/3.The buttons 1 and 2 make animations.For example:If you press the button 1 while you're using Mario it grow.
  72. Nov 10, 2012
    The celebration of all things Nintendo! A fun game with plenty to do. Great characters, stages and music. A must-have for Wii! The controls are responsive, with varied modes and even an excellent adventure mode that is very entertaining.
  73. Nov 7, 2012
    This game's focus (like the other Super Smash Bros. games before it), is on the actual battle and survival system. This time round, it includes many more attack, specials, abilities, and even a final smash; all of which I found to really bring the game up to the next level. The story, though not perfect, was also a good distraction, and provided some co-op fun, as well as giving some backstory to the characters, But, as I said, the 'brawl' is where this game shines. Expand
  74. Nov 4, 2012
    Well,basically this is the best game i played on the Wii,yeah,that's it. the controls are perfect,the characters are awesome,the soundtrack melts my ears,and the story is pure fun.damn,even Sonic got the honor of being into this game,Solid Snake as well.
  75. Oct 30, 2012
    After 3 years, I still find myself coming back to play this, which I do with no other Wii game, other than Mario Kart Wii. I love the graphics, the wide variety of characters - all unique and interesting in their own way. I love the different battle arenas from different Nintendo Games. And the orchestral music is goddamn amazing. Addictive, a load of fun, and so much to do - The Subspace Emissary is vast.
    Almost flawless.
    Oh, and yeah, Tabuu is bad-ass.
  76. Aug 13, 2012
    I liked the game is good for multiplayer is very fun and i love the story and the variable characters is good game for the wii and only the online is poor but is good the fighting mode
  77. Jul 14, 2012
    i give it a 10. it's fun, one website said it took 100 hours of game play. but that only if you're going for 100% like THE full 100% not just every character, ever perk(Known as a sticker)and every trophy.
    i don't see why people hate it. probably because they can't beat the final boss. he(if it has a gender) is very VERY hard. but one factor i like about this game is the 2 3rd party
    characters,*spoiler alert, if you do not want to get spoils i'll tell you when it ends*Sonic and metal snake*spoilers end here*. another thing people probably hate is because Geno(character from super mario RPG) wasn't there and Ridley and meta-ridley weren't playable. Expand
  78. Jul 2, 2012
    Ill give this game a meh, the game is fun, I'd admit that, but there are too many characters that outclass others, Plus, there are final smashes that are useful, while other are useless as crap. Nintendo needs to do some huge balance changes.
  79. Jun 16, 2012
    This is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and with all the characters and maps in this game it is certain that to matches of Brawl Mode will never be the same. They also added a new super attack for each character which really adds some excitement to the game and should you ever get bored with Brawl Mode you can also play Special Brawl which have been improved a lot since the last game. Even though this game is 4 years old it is still the game that i play the most on my wii and also one of my favorite games of all time. If it hadn't been for the poor online system and balance this would definetly be a 10/10, but it's still a fantastic game so i'm gonna give it 9/10. Expand
  80. Jun 10, 2012
    This came contains many of my favorite characters and some new ones that I really like playing as. With many ways to make the brawling fun, this game really delivered. But like many games this one isn't perfect. The online multiplayer is a little dull with just jumping into a battle without being able to talk or add people to a friends list. But other than that this game has everything a long time super smash brothers player wants. Expand
  81. May 5, 2012
    Its perhaps even safe to say that Super Smash Bros Brawl is the greatest game ever created. Super Smash Brawl is what you get if you combine deep gameplay with hardcoreness. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is just Melee but better, with new characters like Snake, Meta Knight, Wario and Sonic, new items like the Smash Balls and a lot of new cool stages. This is a game that you'll be playing for a very long time, perhaps even years. The only problem I have with game is - NOTHING!!! Even singleplayer can keep you entertained for months! So, if you don't have this game yet, go get it! No Wii is complete without this Expand
  82. Apr 21, 2012
    A great Nintendo game. Hands down the second best Wii game. Loads of unlockables, and more multiplayer fun than a night of Halo, the best single player and multiplayer game on the Wii system.
  83. Apr 15, 2012
    Are you ready for the best game on wii as well as the best fighting game I've ever played? I sure am! featuring a character roster that almost comes equal with the 48 characters on the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, this game has a far more diverse character roster in every respect. There's a character for absolutely every play style. (my 2 favourites are Ike from fire emblem and Snake from Metal Gear Solid) The solo aka subspace emmisary mode provides about 8 hours of fun but forgettable levels but it only really serves as a filler and a way to unlock all but 3 characters which is fine by me as the multiplayer mode is so incredibly addictive that I don't really notice it although it is quite fun to play co-op. The online mode is reasonably good except there is a lot of noobs online. The multiplayer is where this really shines as this provides as many hours of fun as your Wii and game disc can tolerate. Impossible to put down in a party environment as you don't even need any other games at your party because this is so frickin good. It's rewarding to play as every character and get good with them (except for Olimar, DeDeDe and Wario, they're beyond help) Like I used to love playing as Fox and Link in melee, now I love playing as Ike and Snake, Ike is perfect for 1 v 1 duels in my opinion, and snake is awesome fun for 3 player fights as you can just screw with the other fighters with remote mines, grenades and rocket launchers, fun to watch them get angry at you XD. There is nothing else I can say other then GET THIS GAME!!! (P.S. this is an awesome music disc for gamers with over 200 songs, it's just awesome to use this and play some classic sonic, mario, zelda, and pokemon songs as a bgm for a party) Expand
  84. Apr 10, 2012
    A good game that combines all the company mascots, see the fighting All-Stars Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Pikachu, Bowser, Link, Ike ...
    Subspace Emissary mode successfully, Event mode very well developed, but the default graphics that makes the game a little nerveu, but the game is very playable.
  85. Apr 6, 2012
    If you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a few minor issues and complaints with it, but when you think of the overall package and how it can literally keep you entertained for hundreds of hours all those flaws just seem to practically disappear, this is truly a must play title for any and all gamers, and stands out among all the other great Wii games as one of the best, it's an outstanding game. Expand
  86. Apr 5, 2012
    This was my first Smash Bros. game and... I wasn't impressed. If you don't own a classic controller you're pretty much screwed, as the controls on Wiimote are some of the worst I have ever seen. The graphics and music are very nice, but the constant flashes and explosions HURT the eyes so much that I had to take a break every 1 hour of gameplay. Nevertheless, I played through the entire single player mode and it was rather average. It is a sort-off platformer game where you unlock different characters and collect stuff like stickers. Multiplayer *might* be better, but I personally didn't manage to get out much of it. Online has been completely empty every time I went on, while playing locally with my brother got old very fast (mostly due to the fact that one of us had to use the dreaded Wii Remote). Simply not worth the money, sorry. Expand
  87. Apr 4, 2012
    I know no one will read this, but don't listen to the bad reviews. If you liked any of the other Smash Bros. games, then you'll fall in love with this game.
  88. Apr 4, 2012
    this is the best fighting game on the wii console, in addition mode subspace emissary gives a look of adventure fighting game to smash the ball over nintendo.En gives each character has a supreme and unstoppable attack was provided to has to see the characters suchas personne.but for sonic, pikachu, bowser, wario the finish are virtually unstoppable.
  89. Mar 24, 2012
    If you own a Wii, getting this game is a necessity. Period. :) You will not regret it. There's so much content in here that you'll likely be discovering more of it for years to come. Far more bang for your buck than most video games can shake a stick at. Most importantly, though, the combat is fun, fast-paced, and there's plenty of strategy involved for the hardcore gamers who like to fine-tune their strategies. GET THIS GAME. Expand
  90. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the best fighting game ever. You can play as all of your favorite characters from most Nintendo Franchises, and some "Nontendo" [play on words =~)] franchise. This has a great moment with my favorite scene from any video game ever in it. The multiplayer is the best kind ever, no one will be disappointed. The only place where it lacks is having online multiplayer with extremely long wait times, so most of the time it better (and perhaps even more challenging) to put some computer players on. Expand
  91. Mar 21, 2012
    there is no brakes to this game its so fun and i would give this a twenty because its endless and real endless fun.....you cant have a wii or cll your self a nintendo fan without having this game.......and even if you get bored you can play demo classic games and theres endless mini games....by far nintendo did its best on this game and this is probably the best game for the WII.....by owning this game yo will be a proud owner of the wii!!!!!!! Expand
  92. Mar 20, 2012
    Enterteining, complete, spectacular and varied. It is one of the best games of Wii, and it do not have fault. Simply it is more than you can wait in a game.
  93. Mar 14, 2012
    Brilliant party fighter. Simple and addictive fun. Exellent stage design, great character roster and YEARS WORTH of content. I always have a blast with this game. Its issues come in the form of balance (Ike dominates) and the Subspace Emmisary mode wasting tones of potential and being repetetive. Overall the most fun on the wii you can have
  94. Mar 12, 2012
    One of the best games ever! The game has so much to do, that you'll keep it in your Wii for a very long time. Hopefully the next Super Smash Bros. will be even better!
  95. Mar 9, 2012
    What this game is; is the greatest game of all time! I enjoyed brawl. SO much better than melee. It has ALOT of features in this game. From fighting with your friends to building stages. This is deserve a must buy to any wii gamer in the world. Graphics: 9.5 Gameplay: 10.0 Story: 9.0 Features: 10.0 Overall: 9.8
  96. Feb 21, 2012
    Best fighting video game franchise in the video game history, seriously!! I had so much fun with this little gem that I cant recall bad memories of this game only enjoyable ones. Looking forward to the new Wii U super smash bros
  97. Feb 16, 2012
    one of the best fighting games ever it has all of the classic nintendo characters that we know and love the story mode isnt the best but its probably the best fighting game story ive ever played they have all the chalenge modes from the old game and new characters such as wario pit etc. the only problem with this game is the online matchmaking the only fights you can have are the standard 2:00 mintune fights other then that its amazing Expand
  98. Jan 29, 2012
    Although this game is great for both casual and hardcore gamers, don't expect great things from this game. One of the major drawbacks is the incredibly inbalanced character roster. I'd take a balanced roster over a large roster anyday. The replay value is "meh". The music can be boring, and the stage creator isn't worth trying. Although there is some replay value, this game is not really worth your money at all unless you're a Nintendo/Smash Bros. fan. Expand
  99. Jan 21, 2012
    It's a very good fighting game, and it's also kid friendly unlike other fighters like Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat. This game is better played with friends though. Playing alone this game has a hard time keeping it's appeal, but with others it is a great game that I highly recommend. The new features in this game such as stage building and a comprehensive story line greatly increase the appeal. Online play is dreadful, but aside from that as long as there are friends to play with, I saw Brawl on. Expand
  100. Jan 20, 2012
    Apart from the fact that the game features lots of great nintendo & co characters, maps and music, there isn't really much that this game has to offer. Mediocre gameplay and combat, below average visuals (as with the majority of wii games) and a terrible singleplayer campaign.
  101. Jan 4, 2012
    The 3rd entrance in the Super Smash Bros. series is phenomenal. With such a wide cast of characters and stages, the good times can keep rolling. The music and sounds for the game are as great as you could expect a 1st party Nintendo game to have. I honestly looked for a bad thing to say about this game, and the closest I could come up with was a decent story in the Subspace Emissary, but even then, the story does an interesting job of combining all of the characters to one common goal. The online multiplayer is gruesome, but that is also do largely to the fact that Nintendo decided to go with friend codes for all of their games, which is not the actual game's fault. Even almost four years after its release, I have played close to 3 months of game time in my records. That is roughly 700 hours of game for $50.00, and I would have payed the XBOX retail value of $60.00. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already, and go pick up this game, and even a Wii if you have to. The replay value of this game will keep you entertained for many months. Collapse

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.