Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

8.9

1. Brian
    Jun 9, 2008
    Truly the best of the series so far. Vastly imroved graphics, smash balls, and the new Subspace Emissary make this one of the best games on the Wii. No other game has had all my relatives on one HD TV and watch us Brawl till there is no tomorrow! A large amount of characters, items, stages, and modes keeps this game so fresh through out the days I play. Also, the challanges the game has Truly the best of the series so far. Vastly imroved graphics, smash balls, and the new Subspace Emissary make this one of the best games on the Wii. No other game has had all my relatives on one HD TV and watch us Brawl till there is no tomorrow! A large amount of characters, items, stages, and modes keeps this game so fresh through out the days I play. Also, the challanges the game has is the closest thing to Xbox 360's Achievements the Wii can get. The only downside to this is the online. When you play "With Anyone", it almost never gets me with another Brawler quick, and sometimes it disconnects. "With Friends" is slightly better, but sometimes it is very laggy. JUST BY THIS GAME!! Expand
  2. NathanW.
    Jul 1, 2008
    It's effectively a love letter to Nintendo fans after over 20 years of wonderful treats and treasures, crammed full of references and easter eggs that will make you smile like a clown on nitrous oxide.
  3. totlmstr
    Jul 3, 2008
    It's not the absolute best game out there; I agree with the people who say "It can get boring after a while", as that it can. The two major downsides to the game is the low replayablity it has, and the fact that "Microsoft fanboys" (looks that way for most bad ratings, since a stupid person among them said that Halo 3 has more guns, etc.; how did that get there?) will rate it badly It's not the absolute best game out there; I agree with the people who say "It can get boring after a while", as that it can. The two major downsides to the game is the low replayablity it has, and the fact that "Microsoft fanboys" (looks that way for most bad ratings, since a stupid person among them said that Halo 3 has more guns, etc.; how did that get there?) will rate it badly for no apparant reason (Ex.: a guy in the reviews said "you can't even see your own HP", which is the reason to his low score; wow). Single-player, on the other hand, is the one thing that raises the bar for SSBB. SSE (one guy among the reviews said "Space Station Emassary," lol). It actually is the best thing in the game, but it only lasts for less than 5 hours if you want to finish quickly. Then again, raise the bar to Intense mode on it and you got a killer 'sub'-game (i.e., 2 games in one; perfect). Also, Intense mode on any game mode (Boss Battles, for example) makes any mode extremely challenging, but frustrating, and that makes me come back for more. AI is incredible, to say the least. On Level 9 AI in 4-Vs., Sonic, for example, is jawdroping. He seriously goes nuts on the stage, making him an excellent fighter to fight against. My personal favorite in the game is Lucario, since his attacks can be more powerful to a point where he's over-powered (300% and Last-place can instant-KO anyone over 50%). And you do not want to miss out on Snake's Codec messages: they're too hilarious. I believe it's the single-player that's better than the multi-, since there's not a lot of variation between the fighters (3 Fox Clones?!). If only Nintendo removed the clones in the game, or at least made the clones different from each other (Toon Link to have the Phantom Hourglass would've been great), then it would've gotten a higher score. Then again, who's the guy complaining about a 94-rated game: fanboys? Expand
  4. DivineStorm
    Jul 5, 2008
    Probably one of the best games ever. Maybe even better than tekken 3,castlevania symphony of the night,super mario galaxy and metroid prime.
  5. HugoZ
    Oct 8, 2009
    SSBB is just a great game. It's especially fun if you can get the wii's weird connection to work, and play online with friends or even total strangers. But the single player experience is definitely good too. But some of the requirements for new types to play take a bit too long. 200 special brawls to get new special settings for special brawl? However, this game is a game SSBB is just a great game. It's especially fun if you can get the wii's weird connection to work, and play online with friends or even total strangers. But the single player experience is definitely good too. But some of the requirements for new types to play take a bit too long. 200 special brawls to get new special settings for special brawl? However, this game is a game i'll remember, and if it had a good and clear tutorial, and not just a controls list, it would have made a score of 10. But I feel that it doesn't deserve a 10 rating because of a few flaws. But overall, it's the best game for the wii you can have, and it's a must for anyone who played the previous Super Smash Bros. games. Expand
  6. MattC
    Jul 22, 2009
    This game repolishes and remasters the smash bros. series. For people that say nothing has changed or the game is horrible, you either haven't given it a chance or have no friends to play it with. Levels are 10x more interactive than in brawl, each character has a smash attack (not in any other games) Of COURSE it's going to be similiar to melee, its a SEQUEL. Halo 3 isn't This game repolishes and remasters the smash bros. series. For people that say nothing has changed or the game is horrible, you either haven't given it a chance or have no friends to play it with. Levels are 10x more interactive than in brawl, each character has a smash attack (not in any other games) Of COURSE it's going to be similiar to melee, its a SEQUEL. Halo 3 isn't a completely different game than Halo 2. It's just improved. Yes the online sucks and the stat screens are unorganized, but the playability of this game is incredible. I have played the game over 150 hours since it's come out and still play it with my friends to this day. A game that you can still play after almost 2 years, is WELL worth the money. Expand
  7. CodyT
    Jan 21, 2010
    This game.........is absolutely incredible! It has a good 60-80 hours of play time just to unlock everything, and then hundreds more hours of sheer replay value. The characters are all balanced, and insane amount of stages add to the fun. Wow. Just wow.
  8. Vetle
    Nov 25, 2008
    The Super Smash Bros. series made a new epoch inside fighting games, but also multiplayer generally. Brawl continues the trend and brings us a game wich will be played for the following 5 years. The game is simply made of the competetive play calibre. However, it was rather disappointing in some ways, for example the online play wich was haunted by massive lagg. And as we know, in Smash The Super Smash Bros. series made a new epoch inside fighting games, but also multiplayer generally. Brawl continues the trend and brings us a game wich will be played for the following 5 years. The game is simply made of the competetive play calibre. However, it was rather disappointing in some ways, for example the online play wich was haunted by massive lagg. And as we know, in Smash Bros. you have to be 100 percent precise at all time to win the match wich is kinda hard with this lagg haunting us. Nevertheless! Best fighting game evah and pwns ass! Woah! 10/10! Expand
  9. JosephAhrens
    Nov 28, 2008
    I like how there are more characters and places, and how many more weapons are included. I also like the smash ball and smash powers of every character in the game. The story mode can get frustrating, so, I take some time off from playing it for 5 hours. Overall, it is a pretty good game.
  10. BryanPope
    Jan 30, 2008
    With the combination of heroes and villains from some of the most epic games from now to 20 years ago, dozens of beautifully orchistrated music and a TON of maps from several memorable occasions in gaming history, not to mention a solid background of 2 already masterfully crafted fighting games, Brawl is expected to be a perfect game, and anyone dares admit it.
  11. JermaulW.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This game has the everything that melee didn't. The only characters that i don't like are Jigglypuff, Sonic, and . I love everybody else. It also helps that I'm really good at it. I tested it out on online (friend got to it) and is was tested out as a level 26. THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!
  12. MikePlowright
    Feb 19, 2008
    Anyone who doesn't vote this a 10 clearly just wants to make their Halo 3 have a higher score. This game is unbeatable. So much content, so much balance, so many moves to master. Keep in mind this is coming from a person who mains Yoshi, and even if he is considered to be the worst in the game I still believe this is the most balanced game out there.
  13. SamK
    Feb 27, 2008
    One of the deepest, most intuitive games ever created. No other game rewards you for playing as much as the Smash series does. Still no game like it, or more fun. I will be playing this game for hours a week every week until the next sequel comes out, as I did with Melee from 2001 to 2008.
  14. ClovisJunior
    Feb 28, 2008
    This game its perfect. Best Wii game I ever played... A realy MUST HAVE !!
  15. SergioA.
    Feb 29, 2008
    It was just put together so amazingly.
  16. TraceMartel
    Feb 5, 2008
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl has acheived perfection in its series and is more exciting and fun now more than ever. With easy to use controls, tons of game modes, hundreds of unlockables, over 40 stages to brawl at, and a variety of characters to choose from; this game will have you coming back for more and more over the years to come.
  17. ApicalMeristem
    Feb 7, 2008
    Brawl is the funnest game I've had in ages, and it's far better than Melee and the original.

Anyone who says it's just Melee with a few more features is ignorant and likely hasn't actually touche it or given it a chance. It's got immense replay value to last for years, and Smash actually has a great single player mode this time. It's the absolutely best

It's the absolutely best looking game on the Wii right now. Everything is completely smooth, real time, crisp and surprisingly detailed.

With 287 music tracks, over 600 trophies, over 600 stickers, 35-40 (depending on how you take transformations) characters, and a myriad of modes to play with, Brawl will be sure to enthrall players for years to come. Brawl has surpassed my own expectations, and it'll like surpass yours too.
  18. DavisWonders
    Feb 8, 2008
    I've only had the game for three days now, and I can easily and honestly say it is the best game on the Wii. It easily beats out its predecessors, SSB and SSBM, by a long shot. It's easily three games in one with the Sub Space Emissary, more than 300 songs (wow), and the multiplayer aspect, not to mention online. It is truly a masterpiece and a must have.
  19. JamesH.
    Mar 11, 2008
    It's more than likely the reason you bought a Wii. And if you didn't know about it's predecessor, Melee, and you're not sure about this one, trust me, It's worth your 50 bones. Hope to see you all on wifi play. (If Nintendo's servers can ever handle the load)
  20. KevinG.
    Mar 11, 2008
    While the game is mixed graphically, it's clearly a step up from the GameCube game, but not by as much as most would have thought; although, the sheer amount of content in the game and the amount of new content in the game, all of which is enjoyable, really adds to the entire gameplay experience. Most games just add things to make a game longer and usually force you to complete While the game is mixed graphically, it's clearly a step up from the GameCube game, but not by as much as most would have thought; although, the sheer amount of content in the game and the amount of new content in the game, all of which is enjoyable, really adds to the entire gameplay experience. Most games just add things to make a game longer and usually force you to complete useless tasks so you can say you spent that money of yours properly because of the time you spent in the game. The worst part is, it's obvious Sakurai doesn't favor the Wiimote at all. Being a veteran Smash player w/ over 9600 hours in Melee and quite a few in the first game, I can clearly state that the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo is already the favorite of mine. My complaint lies in Sakurai's hatred of the Wiimote and most developer's candid use of it. It was used well in Resident Evil 4, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Mario Galaxy to name a few yet, Super Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't even have pointer functionality. I found myself constantly moving the pointer as well as the analog stick to point at objects on the screen, even when realizing I was doing it because it is so natural to point at things with the controller. I quit playing Melee for the last couple years because of the controls becoming boring as I was hitting the limits of the controller itself. I still thing Brawl is fun and that's really all that matters, but could it have hurt to at least play around w/ some innovative Wiimote functionality? Adding in waggle for smash attacks is the same as allowing smash attacks on the C-Stick; it just makes players claim it is cheating thus making it unusable unless you play alone or with beginners. But much of the game was improved and the balancing is even far better than the last game which only had balance problems because of glitch exploits, at least from my experience. The AI has improved greatly so much so that it's smart and not just so inhuman where you would pull off a fully charged blaster special attack using Samus and the AI would immediately block or dodge it as if it was reading the button presses in your mind. It wasn't always like that, but 90% of the time it was. It's good to know that Brawl at least lets playing with the AI not get boring even though they added in online play. Bonus mode was also exempt from this game as well as more Solo modes and variations of them. It would've added more to the single-player experience most players have who do not play online. This game deserves a 10 for fun, but a 0 for innovation. I don't think it's fair to grade a game on it's failure to innovate, but in this day and age, especially on the Wii, use the Wiimote and use it well just as only a handful of Wii games have. I guess I would have to say then, it's better to not include something you couldn't get right, but at least include what you could have (pointer functionality in the menus). Expand
  21. DavidP.
    Mar 11, 2008
    While it isn't an amazing technical achievement in the least, if you're just looking for a fun game, especially to play with friends, Nintendo has truly created a masterpiece in Brawl.
  22. MikeB.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Fun, but shallow, as usual. Most new characters are passable at best, and Wario at worst. However, the lengthy(Over eight hours!) Adventure Mode, Stage Editor and obscenely large soundtrack justify the package. Awesome for parties.
  23. Tyler
    Mar 10, 2008
    Awesome Awesome Awesome. It takes a while to get used to, but once you do, its a smooth ride. If this game doesnt deserve a 10 NOTHING DOES.
  24. KhoiP.
    Mar 10, 2008
    It's decent for a Nintendo game. It didn't improve on much, but neither do First Person Shooters (Bioshock, Resistance and the original Halo are the only ones that did that come to mind), or other fighting games (Street Figther just added new people, Soul Calibur added new people). I gave it a 10 because it was great in my eyes and should yield the same score as other games that It's decent for a Nintendo game. It didn't improve on much, but neither do First Person Shooters (Bioshock, Resistance and the original Halo are the only ones that did that come to mind), or other fighting games (Street Figther just added new people, Soul Calibur added new people). I gave it a 10 because it was great in my eyes and should yield the same score as other games that receive high marks for the same amount of improvement.I do love this game though. The online fighting makes the game worthwhile. Expand
  25. JasonH.
    Mar 10, 2008
    As far as Super smash bros is concerned this is by far the best yet, as far as fighting games are concerned you can not get more crazy fun and action than this game and ass far as Wii games are concerned this game is a must own. The fighting system is more balanced than previous iterations by making the heaver characters resilient to flinching from small hits, the single player/co op game As far as Super smash bros is concerned this is by far the best yet, as far as fighting games are concerned you can not get more crazy fun and action than this game and ass far as Wii games are concerned this game is a must own. The fighting system is more balanced than previous iterations by making the heaver characters resilient to flinching from small hits, the single player/co op game is perhaps the longest and most engrossing in the fighting game genre full of cgi and crazy bosses and the stickers even allow you to make your characters stronger in a semi rpg fashion. There is online multiplayer and even a level builder not to mention a wide variety of unlockable songs stages characters and trophies. This is a dream to any Nintendo fan or Wii owner ever. Expand
  26. StaceyG.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Great game...done nothing but play it since we got it. The unlockables seem to have no end, and we have just as much fun playing co-op as we do single player.
  27. TifaN.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Amazing game! This game is EPIC! The characters are really fun to play with and its quite easy to get good. It reminds me of the good old days...When you look back at the other Super Smash games, you could tell it improved a lot! You could play for hours and not get bored!
  28. MikeN.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Excellent. Even better than expected. Great multiplayer.
  29. FilazaferX.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Games that give you great multi-player, single player, and online gaming are the only ones that deserve a 10 out of 10. This game does all of that. Sometimes you will be playing and you might think, "This could get boring and repetitive." Minutes later you will have a great, classic battle or find a new challenge to beat. Nintendo at it's best always finds new ways to keep you Games that give you great multi-player, single player, and online gaming are the only ones that deserve a 10 out of 10. This game does all of that. Sometimes you will be playing and you might think, "This could get boring and repetitive." Minutes later you will have a great, classic battle or find a new challenge to beat. Nintendo at it's best always finds new ways to keep you interested. This game does that and I know I will get my $50 worth. I would like to see them take this one step further. How about a smash brothers online in a much larger map? 32 players would be possible if it was online and all of the players weren't on screen together at the same time. Just a thought, now go buy the game. Expand
  30. MattL.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Love the characters and all the upgrades to the maps. Online play keeps me playing online with all my friends across the country. Crazychief112 is a retard. I own a xbox360 and love it to death, yet its obvious he's blinded by halo3 to see past any games that don't involve master chief. Get over yourself, indulge in other games. Also, don't be a retard and use just the Love the characters and all the upgrades to the maps. Online play keeps me playing online with all my friends across the country. Crazychief112 is a retard. I own a xbox360 and love it to death, yet its obvious he's blinded by halo3 to see past any games that don't involve master chief. Get over yourself, indulge in other games. Also, don't be a retard and use just the wiimote. There are 3 other different controller schemes: wiimote + nunchuck, GC controller or classic. God forbid you spend the brain cells to research that yourself. Have fun on the short bus. Expand
  31. JoE.
    Mar 13, 2008
    If you have a wii go buy it. end of story. ignore all the zeros, those are from people who sit in their room playing wow all day with no friends and are likely to become homocidal maniacs. or are emos, whatever floats your boat. if you liked melee youll love this one.
  32. JeremyC.
    Mar 13, 2008
    THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!! Packed with a plethora of modes including: Versus, Classic, WiFi mode, Single-player and co-op mode Adventure mode, All-Star mode, Boss Battle Mode, Stadium challenges, and many more. Over a dozen newcomers and a total of 35 characters, including the amazingly anticipated Sonic the Hedgehog. More than 40 stages. AND the Adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!! Packed with a plethora of modes including: Versus, Classic, WiFi mode, Single-player and co-op mode Adventure mode, All-Star mode, Boss Battle Mode, Stadium challenges, and many more. Over a dozen newcomers and a total of 35 characters, including the amazingly anticipated Sonic the Hedgehog. More than 40 stages. AND the Adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary has such amazing CG clips in-between intensive gameplay. I have been waiting for this game for Months, Even Years! And now that it has finally come, I could not be any happier. I was shocked to hear that this game was given any less than a 10.0 by ANY person or association. Plus Crazycheif112 , the reason your character moves to the left when you press up on the Wii remote is because you have to hold the Wii remote sideways.... Expand
  33. BriannaK.
    Mar 13, 2008
    People who think this is not much of a step up from melee's graphics need to play one of the melee stages available in Brawl. You'll feel like barfing, the difference is that profound.
  34. CozmikM.
    Mar 13, 2008
    I was a bit angered at the fact some of the old characters were taken out, even though some clones still remain... and I still am, but that is really all superficial. This game is an addictive blast, and even though the multiplayer is, yes, a bit shallow, it lets you play against friends which is really what you want to do. Wii owners, no joke here, a MUST buy! In reference to I was a bit angered at the fact some of the old characters were taken out, even though some clones still remain... and I still am, but that is really all superficial. This game is an addictive blast, and even though the multiplayer is, yes, a bit shallow, it lets you play against friends which is really what you want to do. Wii owners, no joke here, a MUST buy! In reference to "Crazychief112's" review. This guy is a total idiot because he is exemplar of the Xbox generation. All he wants is MC? That is enough to give the game an 8? He complains about the controls? Well then use a Gamecube controller, there are 4 ways to play the game, don't bitch about 1 of them. In reference to "Domingo's" review. Yea, the game looks exactly the same on Gamecube, but all sequels do. How come I never heard bitching about Halo having the same look, it's because all sequels have that. And how does new abilities mean the game is pathetic, next time they can have no abilities if it will please you, idiot. Lastly, no imagination, they have levels and people from every corner of the Nintendo universe, I'm sorry but they can't be fighting the flood in story mode, or fighting Nero from Devil May Cry, it is a N I N T E N D O game, so if your review consists of bitching about stupidity, then save it. Buy this game any Nintendo fans, you will NOT regret it. Expand
  35. DanA.
    Mar 14, 2008
    One of the most amazing games ever made. Not as good as Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess, but definitely securing it's third place spot on the Wii's game library.
  36. JeddyB.
    Marvelous good fun.
  37. Sammy
    Mar 14, 2008
    Smash is simply fantastic. There is a character for everyone, adn this is a game with serious replay value, as it will be enjoyed half a decade from now. It has a few weak spots, as its adventure mode has gorgeous cutscenes but repetitive gameplay, and the online suffers from frequent lag. The classic controller and Gamecube pad work well as controllers, although the other two setups are Smash is simply fantastic. There is a character for everyone, adn this is a game with serious replay value, as it will be enjoyed half a decade from now. It has a few weak spots, as its adventure mode has gorgeous cutscenes but repetitive gameplay, and the online suffers from frequent lag. The classic controller and Gamecube pad work well as controllers, although the other two setups are horrendous. But don't let these minor complaints sway you from buying this game, its a multiplayer masterpiece. Expand
  38. JalexD.
    Mar 14, 2008
    As far as Wii games go, this is second only to 'Twilight Princess' (though, you'll probably be playing this more because of the multiplayer) and even better than 'Super Mario Galaxy.'
  39. BrianM.
    Mar 14, 2008
    One of the best smash bros within it's series.
  40. DiegoR.
    Mar 15, 2008
    One of the few must own games on the Wii. Steady framerate despite all the action with the fighters and the background. Roster is steady enough, and newcomers like Olimar and Snake give a whole new feeling to the game when fighting with, or against, them.
  41. JustinE.
    Mar 15, 2008
    This game is great. I never had melee but I have the original and it's a huge step-up. Although I haven't got online to work for some reason, and the stage builder is pretty bad, it's a great game. The original had multiplayer and a very short solo mode, but brawl has a long solo mode that took about 14 hours to beat. The multiplayer is great and there are so many This game is great. I never had melee but I have the original and it's a huge step-up. Although I haven't got online to work for some reason, and the stage builder is pretty bad, it's a great game. The original had multiplayer and a very short solo mode, but brawl has a long solo mode that took about 14 hours to beat. The multiplayer is great and there are so many unlockables. This game will probably never be traded in :D Expand
  42. SirA.
    Mar 15, 2008
    One of the best games in the Super Smash Bros. series, this game has so many things to do from collecting stickers to building stages to actually fighting plus online to play against friends or anyone and before you complain that the online is laggy remember that the online is free & most battles don't lag. There are added third party characters Metal Gear solid, Snake & Sonic the One of the best games in the Super Smash Bros. series, this game has so many things to do from collecting stickers to building stages to actually fighting plus online to play against friends or anyone and before you complain that the online is laggy remember that the online is free & most battles don't lag. There are added third party characters Metal Gear solid, Snake & Sonic the hedgehog, you can unlock new things by doing certain things. They added a Subspace Emmisary Mode & Kept the original Classic mode, They kept break the targets, multiman brawl & homerun contest & added in multiplayer so you can play these modes with a friend. So many things to do you wouldn't be able to do it all in one day. The gameplay slowed down a little and I like it more than Melee. Expand
  43. TuanX.
    Mar 16, 2008
    One of the greatest games ever!
  44. bradkeena
    Mar 16, 2008
    alright, first of all, crazychief112, you are an idiot you were doing it wrong, hold the wiimote sideways ya dummy. Second of all, you can see your hp, if your playing stamina which is the only mode that has hp

The game is superb, ridiculous depth and a bajillion million unlockables such as stages, trophies, charaters, and stickers make the game have very high replayability. Classic

Classic mode is fun is always, but mutiplayer with friends is the main draw. But online play, as in all nintendo games is horrible. The subspace emissary is fairly enjoyable, but it is much better in coop. Great game, worth $100 dollars, but its only $50 :-) Only the second game on wii that ive loved
  45. AaronG
    Crazychef112 gave it a0:
    I give this game a zero because you can't even see your own HP, wtf. I think that even if this game had Master Chef it would get an 8. Only because his shooting is awesome. the controls feel wierd and when i kept pushing up on the wiimote my man kept moving left? Worst game ever.
    ^^^^^^Hasnt played the game. Dont listen to this numbnuts, hes still jerking
    Crazychef112 gave it a0:

^^^^^^Hasnt played the game.
    Dont listen to this numbnuts, hes still jerking off to halo despite its incredibly poor sequels. SSMB is the best game since mario 3. Its near perfect and anyone who doesnt realise that is an xbox lobing moron.^^^^case in point, master "chef" here
  46. JayM.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hours and hours of fun. Best party game ever made.
  47. DerikH.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Very impressive game, I have been waiting a long time for this to come out. I enjoy getting together with my friends often to play this just as we had with melee. GJ nintendo!
  48. COlinWright
    Mar 17, 2008
    @ crazychef. First your an rtard. Your holding the remote wrong dumb ass. Its going to the left because your supposed to hold it sideways.
    okay back down to brawl. This game may be one pf the greatest fighting games of all time. The SSE may get a little annoying at times but is the perfect mesh of an actual "storyline" to a fighting game. It is cool to see a fighting game work in a story. Online is almost lag-free.
    THe character selection is great (although im angry at the fact theres no Roy) And to all those saying Nintendo has no imagination, are you f---ing serious? I'm betting none of you played Galaxy. And if you don't like like final smashes, you can just turn them off. So stop pissing your pants over your own stupidity to not figure that out
  49. LouisF.
    Mar 19, 2008
    This is one of the greatest games ever since the first Super Smash Bros. and completley exceeding Melee. It has lots more characters, stages and a real story-like classic mode, including the old style as well.
  50. BrianD.
    Mar 19, 2008
    LOL I love all the 0-3 scores of these trolls who obviously haven't played the game. Particularly the one who claims he "cant see his health". Of course he could just be plain stupid.
  51. Mr.Thuku
    Mar 2, 2008
    This is true love to all the people who own a wiiits like Miyamoto went to the promise land praised god for the perfect game and actually got it and returned to the present day.
  52. KaJa
    Mar 2, 2008
    Brawl is a super smash bros. so it is awesome! The Super Smash Bros series is Nintendo's best series and will always be the best until it dies!
  53. JaredH.
    Mar 20, 2008
    I consider the graphics to be a worthy improvement from Melee, considering that this is a series that cannot become incredibly. Smash has always been the fighting series that rewards button-mashing the least, and Brawl is no different. This is something I respect the series for. The online play is predictably disappointing, however, Smash has always been much of a group/party game so this I consider the graphics to be a worthy improvement from Melee, considering that this is a series that cannot become incredibly. Smash has always been the fighting series that rewards button-mashing the least, and Brawl is no different. This is something I respect the series for. The online play is predictably disappointing, however, Smash has always been much of a group/party game so this will not be a problem for most. The character list is pretty wide with a few less clones this time around. I consider this an excellent continuation of the Smash franchise. Expand
  54. RyanB.
    Mar 22, 2008
    This is a great game however, Its may as well be on Game Cube. There is nothing more frustrating than using any of the Wii remote configurations with or without the nunchuck. But overall I find the controls to be very sluggish and unresponsive as you will find yourself struggling to turn around and attack in the intended direction. Controls aside this game is just pants loads of fun.
  55. [Anonymous]s
    Mar 23, 2008
    Holy crap guys Brawl. Having now played it for a couple weeks, I have come to the conclusion that while a worthy successor to the franchise, Brawl falls short of ideal in some areas. First, the good: The core gameplay elements that make the franchise great in the first place are still around, with some minor tweaking that seems to improve upon, rather than detract from, the gameplay. The Holy crap guys Brawl. Having now played it for a couple weeks, I have come to the conclusion that while a worthy successor to the franchise, Brawl falls short of ideal in some areas. First, the good: The core gameplay elements that make the franchise great in the first place are still around, with some minor tweaking that seems to improve upon, rather than detract from, the gameplay. The multiplayer still rocks, the characters are still absurd and hilarious, and the amount of fanservice and nintendo nostalgia is staggering. A couple things the game does wrong, or not all the way right: Online. I'm sure this is a common complaint, but the online is severely gimped. The lack of options while playing online, the total absence of player to player communication, the horrendous matchmaking, and some very irksome lagging issues all make the "with anyone" nearly unplayable. "With friends" is better, but still not great, as the entering of friend codes and the need for an outside communication method to set up a match can get rather tiresome. The lag seems to be less of an issue when playing with friends online, but it is still very present. There are more rule options for with friends play, however, which saves it from being completely pointless, and I actually use it regularly. The other area in which Brawl falls short is the single player. This should be obvious to anyone who's played any game in the series before, Smash brothers is very much a multiplayer franchise. Subspace Emmisary, while relatively fun to play through once, if taken on its own is a rather weak attempt at a single player campaign (although admittedly not nearly as weak as the adventure mode in melee). The gameplay gets repetitive at times, and the seemingly senseless reduction in running speed for every character prolongs the gameplay unnecessarily. When taken as part of the Brawl package, SSE certainly isn't bad, and adds some hours to the game before you're only playing multiplayer matches, but is by no means perfect. Overall, Brawl is certainly a fine game. If you already like the Smash Brothers series, then pick it up, you won't regret it. If you don't understand what all the fuss surrounding the series is about, Brawl isn't really going to sway you, but it might be worth taking a look at nonetheless. This game certainly doesn't deserve a 10 or even a 9, but despite being largely imperfect, it is a great game that will keep you playing for a good while. Expand
  56. FranciszekK.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fanboy Present T. blatantly hasn't played this game. Nintendo have proven their worth yet again, and released what is undoubtedly another contender for Game of the Year. If this were the case that only Nintendo fanboys would like this, then it wouldn't be scoring so highly everywhere.
  57. TomA.
    Mar 25, 2008
    I'm just like everyone else. I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. And like a ton of other people, I got the the game the day it came out. This is by far the Wii's best game. It has the best graphics on the system (even better than Mario Galaxy), over thirty playable characters, and it's playable online. Unfortunately, the online multiplayer I'm just like everyone else. I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. And like a ton of other people, I got the the game the day it came out. This is by far the Wii's best game. It has the best graphics on the system (even better than Mario Galaxy), over thirty playable characters, and it's playable online. Unfortunately, the online multiplayer isn't perfect. It'll lag, it'll kick you off, it'll make you wait a long time for someone to play with...but when it does work, oh boy does it rock. It's so much fun playing with others, be it in the same room or not. The multiplayer is where most of the fun is at. The single player Classic mode is back and as fun as ever, and there's a new Adventure mode, that'll last you about ten hours, with an actual storyline and impressive, gorgeous cutscenes. Unfortunately, the story itself for the Adventure Mode seems like a crappy Kingdom Hearts-esque fanfiction gone awry, and towards the end it becomes an exercise in controller-snapping frustration. It'd probably be better with a second player (the mode supports two players), as the fights don't become clusterf***s, but the mode ain't perfect either.Another thing this mode gets wrong is that it makes it way too easy to unlock characters. I personally would rather unlock them by satisfying certain conditions during the course of the game. It almost feels like cheating, it's so easy. You could totally avoid the Adventure mode if you'd rather unlock them the way I would've wanted to. It should also be worth mentioning that Nintendo will never make cutscenes this good for a game ever again, so it's kind of a drag that the mode they were used for ended up being not all that grand. And some characters, like R.O.B. and Jigglypuff, are totally unnecessary for this game. They aren't very good characters. But still...the fun that's had playing with others eclipses any of the game's faults. Just make sure you have a Classic or a Gamecube controller handy. Expand
  58. JoakimN.
    Mar 27, 2008
    THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DRAGGING THE SCORE OF THIS GAME DOWN (With user votes 6 or below) . Deserve a LIFETIME sentence in a supermax Prison. Its a CRIME to give this game less then maximum score
  59. SamG.
    Mar 3, 2008
    This game is so incredibly awesome. The characters are great and the storylline is very entertaining! The music is good and theirs a lot of it and the stages are fun and interesting
  60. ScottW.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is quite possibly the best game of this generation, the best game on the Wii, the best selling game on the Wii and Game of the Year! Everyone must buy a Wii and this game!
  61. GerardS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    A truly amazing game. So much effort has been put into Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where every aspect of the game is perfect, or very close to. The presentation, the graphics, the sound, the gameplay and the replay value are all excellent. This game will be played for many, many years.
  62. JamesL.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Amazing game, must buy.
  63. ArturoC.
    Mar 6, 2008
    I think this is a really awesome game based on its new characters, new stages, and all of the things is going to be new. When I saw the trailers I was really surprised. It should be the game of the year.
  64. LukeP.
    Mar 6, 2008
    This game is really fun and I love it. Its my favorite game ever and I love smash!
  65. VivD.
    Mar 9, 2008
    It's a classic! Hard to top out.
  66. JonathanA.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Truly spectacular. It ups the competetive feel of the series, but doesn't lessen its accessibility or fun. The roster is superb, with assuredly someone that will click with your play style, and not a single weak entry (even previously weaker fighters like jigglypuff and zelda rock in this game). The stages are stunning, filled with eye-candy and destructible, constantly morphing Truly spectacular. It ups the competetive feel of the series, but doesn't lessen its accessibility or fun. The roster is superb, with assuredly someone that will click with your play style, and not a single weak entry (even previously weaker fighters like jigglypuff and zelda rock in this game). The stages are stunning, filled with eye-candy and destructible, constantly morphing environments that match the intensity of the brawling. A focus on midair combat also increases the amount of strategy employed by everyone. This, including the insurmountable amount of extra content, online fighting, and the numerous enjoyable single player modes, will make your head spin in wonderment. This is a game that every Nintendo fan will surely enjoy, casual and hardcore alike. Expand
  67. GameM.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl is definitely worth the money. Even though its been called overrated and a cash cow, the action and many variant modes will keep you playing for hours. The graphics, while below that of PS3 and Xbox 360, are superb from a Wii standpoint. Plenty of modes to play, as well as online options that are excellent. The only annoying thing about the game is the 12 digit Super Smash Brothers Brawl is definitely worth the money. Even though its been called overrated and a cash cow, the action and many variant modes will keep you playing for hours. The graphics, while below that of PS3 and Xbox 360, are superb from a Wii standpoint. Plenty of modes to play, as well as online options that are excellent. The only annoying thing about the game is the 12 digit friend codes you must share to play with your friends, and the Subspace Emmissary (story mode) is a little boring, however, you need to play through it to unlock characters and stages. An overall good experience. Expand
  68. AnthonyB.
    Apr 13, 2008
    I've always been a fan of the SSB. series. Brawl was definitely did justice to the series. Melee was definitely a bit too fast paced, and the original just wasn't smooth. In Brawl however, combining the smoothness of melee, and the speed of the original, it makes the gameplay a lot more appealing to beginners, and still be playable for veterans. Still staying to the simple 2 I've always been a fan of the SSB. series. Brawl was definitely did justice to the series. Melee was definitely a bit too fast paced, and the original just wasn't smooth. In Brawl however, combining the smoothness of melee, and the speed of the original, it makes the gameplay a lot more appealing to beginners, and still be playable for veterans. Still staying to the simple 2 button attacks, but with incredible amount of depth. I didn't expect much from a Wii motion sensing game, because this is an all out BRAWL fighter. Using motion sensing would make the game a bit to slippery, and for the hardcore, that's not very good. The lead director stated that "If this was a 1st party Nintendo game, we would definitely have included motion sensing." Which Brawl is not, it's a 2nd party game. Comparing Halo 2 to Halo 3, the control scheme isn't that different either, and so is the sixaxxis to the dual shock 2. My favorite character (Link), was a bit nerfed, which only made my matched harder, which I like that. In Melee, I was hauling so much *ss, not in Brawl, I have to try just a bit more. It goes to show, they definitely were able to balance the characters out more. Some people just aren't good at this game. The people that say it's boring, I agree... when I'm playing by myself. Playing the lvl9 com players does get a bit repetitive. But that's the point, this game is a party game. Go to a college party, Cod 4/Halo3/Rock Band/ Guitar Hero... and now Brawl, is going to be at that party. Playing with friends is what made the game so fun in the first place. When you're with your friends, it's just a blast. The single player... is meh. It's a 10 hour long experience, and you kinda have to force your way through it. But comparing the greatness of the mutiplayer. The near infinite amount of unlockables, and the customizations. It's a game that everyone Wii user should get. Expand
  69. SiriusB.
    Apr 16, 2008
    Its really fun. Simple as that, If you really want to analyse every little aspect then go ahead. I just know that its fun whilst still being able to be a competitive fighting game.
  70. Peter
    Apr 20, 2008
    Spartian Gamer1342 What do you think this game is? Doom 3? This game is awesome. More unlockables than you can find in a safehouse, though the Wii Remote alone would sour some of the experience.
  71. ZackD.
    Apr 23, 2008
    Brawl really achieves what was expected from it. Not only is the mulitplayer just as good as melee (with extra characters to make it better), but the new one player modes make the game endless fun.
  72. RandyY.
    Apr 29, 2008
    There is really nothing bad I can say.
  73. JordiR.
    Apr 3, 2008
    This game is amazing and I think it's the best fight game I played ever.
  74. MickyW
    Apr 4, 2008
    Best Smash Bros game to date.
  75. Starfox
    Apr 8, 2008
    Of course we were all expecting Brawl to be a great game but I was absolutely blown away when I first played this! The graphics are really quite good for the Wii and the massive amount of maps and characters is great! I love playing with other people most, but Subspace Emissary is probably one of the most fun single player story modes I've ever seen. The story is actually Of course we were all expecting Brawl to be a great game but I was absolutely blown away when I first played this! The graphics are really quite good for the Wii and the massive amount of maps and characters is great! I love playing with other people most, but Subspace Emissary is probably one of the most fun single player story modes I've ever seen. The story is actually surprisingly good! Great job Nintendo, you pulled off what is possibly one of the greatest games of all time! Expand
  76. BengtL.
    May 1, 2008
    It's absolutely fantastic!
  77. Maslab
    May 21, 2008
    Very fun, especially when Mario beats Peach in to a bloody submission. However, it really is just more of the same, and the use of the Wii motion sensing would've been really fun.
  78. NicholasA.
    May 20, 2008
    It's a pretty great game, I'm not sure whether it's better than melee competitively though.
  79. KyleF.
    May 22, 2008
    This game takes everything that made the other Super Smash Bros games amazing and does the unthinkable: makes it better. It's amazingly well balanced, gameplay is refined to a tee, I can't think of a better game.
  80. Ptolemy
    May 23, 2008
    Its a love letter to all Nintendo fans. Its got great multiplayer and tons of stuff for the completionist in you. I can't give it a perfect score because its not for everyone. But, for dyed in the wool Nintendo fans, its a perfect 10 all the way.
  81. JoshS.
    May 23, 2008
    This game is so much better than the previous ones. It shows you don't have to change anything to make a game better.
  82. AnonymousConnor
    May 24, 2008
    All these people who say it's overrated obviously are mentally challenged or they need to hang themselves from meathooks. Easily earns a 10.
  83. NicolasB.
    May 6, 2008
    The mere multitude of features this game holds is recognition enough to buy this game. The gathering of Nintendo's most nostalgic of characters brings the new 2D/3D fighter to a whole new level with the lot of modes one (and their friends') can do. The multiplayer, whether it's just you playing against computer players or an all out brawl with your friends, offers the main The mere multitude of features this game holds is recognition enough to buy this game. The gathering of Nintendo's most nostalgic of characters brings the new 2D/3D fighter to a whole new level with the lot of modes one (and their friends') can do. The multiplayer, whether it's just you playing against computer players or an all out brawl with your friends, offers the main dish to the feast that is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Especially in this mode you get the maximum replay value which you'll find yourself going back to years to come. Now most of this is basic knowledge to anyone at this point but the nostalgia that Nintendo gives the gamer in this gamer could make Nintendo Fanboy froth at the mouth. In fact, the first game in the series is what turned me on to the esteemed lineage of Nintendo games. A must buy, for anyone, and make sure you clear your calender too. You won't be leaving the house for awhile. Expand
  84. AlvinH.
    Jun 1, 2008
    Someone gave it a 0 which is just being ignorant and it made me really angry because for what's out for the Wii right now it's the best of the best.
  85. TimJ.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Great game, great action.
  86. AlexM.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Good...no... great, no... AMAZING game. it lasts forever, and is even greater fun with more than one person. you can have tournaments, bets, and who knows what else. just get it. Trust me.
  87. Chris
    Jun 5, 2008
    People that say this is just a clone of the old games with better graphics haven't played the previous games. Melee was much faster paced and used a much more sensitive jump system that made shorthopping difficult. Brawl uses a slower fighting system that increases recovery chance over melee. Its easier for new people to pick up brawl but at the same time, it made it impossible to be People that say this is just a clone of the old games with better graphics haven't played the previous games. Melee was much faster paced and used a much more sensitive jump system that made shorthopping difficult. Brawl uses a slower fighting system that increases recovery chance over melee. Its easier for new people to pick up brawl but at the same time, it made it impossible to be a true pro of brawl. The difference between and average player and a pro in melee was huge. In brawl, its not nearly as big of a difference. Overall, its a good game but its not going to be as competitive unfortunately. Expand
  88. EtuS.
    Jun 8, 2008
    This is just awesome! The best game ever!
  89. JoshuaD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    I've had this game for at least 4 months now, and I still don't have all the challenges complete. When my friends come over, the first thing we do is play ssbb. Good job Nintendo for making one of the best video games that the Wii has to offer.
  90. SeanH.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This is the greatest multiplayer game ever created. There is no contest. Brawl also improved in every way over Melee. When I look back on it, melee was pretty bad due to wavedashing and complete imbalance. This game, however, is solid and balanced. The best additions are Sonic, snake, Pokemon Trainer (should have been in smash instead of Pikachu all these years. Pikachu is in it just This is the greatest multiplayer game ever created. There is no contest. Brawl also improved in every way over Melee. When I look back on it, melee was pretty bad due to wavedashing and complete imbalance. This game, however, is solid and balanced. The best additions are Sonic, snake, Pokemon Trainer (should have been in smash instead of Pikachu all these years. Pikachu is in it just because of the anime and not the game). The best addition is Olimar as Pikmin is my fav franchise. The new characters are also much more varied than before= way more fun. This coupled with an insane amount of modes and options as well as huge amounts of Nintendo Nistalgia, make this a must own for anyone who cares even a smidgen about gaming. Expand
  91. Novi4ekNone
    Jul 24, 2008
    good game
  92. NicholasT.
    Jul 29, 2008
    This game is the embodiment of everything the Smash Bros.-series strived to be in it's previous iterations, and this time it manages to do everything better than it's successors. Besides the inclusion of online and a wealthy single-player mode (which can also be played with a friend), it retains the pure fun of the previous games and also expands on it with more variation This game is the embodiment of everything the Smash Bros.-series strived to be in it's previous iterations, and this time it manages to do everything better than it's successors. Besides the inclusion of online and a wealthy single-player mode (which can also be played with a friend), it retains the pure fun of the previous games and also expands on it with more variation between the characters and more of the classic chaos of the Super Smash Bros.-series. Expand
  93. MarkusK.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Better than wished.
  94. JoshV.
    Jul 8, 2008
    This game is great it takes the fun of Melee and times it by 100. It adds a giant 1player mode, more characters, stages, a crazy amount of music, and many many more.
  95. ydiermot
    Jul 8, 2008
    It is a very good game, but i dont think its the greatest game ever or whatever. im not a nintendo fanboy, and i only play smash bros 64 once and never played the gamecube one, but still its a very good game, probably the best fighting game ive played. although i enjoyed mario kart wii more maybe because you use the remote capabilities more but thats just me. however the online for smash It is a very good game, but i dont think its the greatest game ever or whatever. im not a nintendo fanboy, and i only play smash bros 64 once and never played the gamecube one, but still its a very good game, probably the best fighting game ive played. although i enjoyed mario kart wii more maybe because you use the remote capabilities more but thats just me. however the online for smash bros is really crap i have found, while mario karts runs more smoothly and quickly. Expand
  96. JettersB.
    Aug 1, 2008
    Even though I've only played the first game a few times, I still got into the game once I got a Gamecube and Melee to go with it. Brawl is one of the best games you can get for the Wii in a slew of terrible games that seem to pop up for the Wii every week. The controls are basic, so even people who don't play fighting games much less any video games can learn the basics. The new Even though I've only played the first game a few times, I still got into the game once I got a Gamecube and Melee to go with it. Brawl is one of the best games you can get for the Wii in a slew of terrible games that seem to pop up for the Wii every week. The controls are basic, so even people who don't play fighting games much less any video games can learn the basics. The new adventure mode, called Subspace Emissary, is one of the many interesting features that's been put into Brawl. Even though it's pretty fun, it get's repetitive going through maze after maze fighting enemies made specifically for this mode. It's not all bad, but the plot, enemies and levels could've been better. Multiplayer is likely what the Super Smash Bros. franchise is so well-known for. Brawl took it up a notch by adding Co-op modes to many of the previously one-player exclusive modes, like Home-run Contest (where you try to send a Sandbag flying for the longest distance) and Event matches (where you fight under certain conditions). Another new feature is playing online, where you can play other people across the globe. Only problem is the online support: It takes a while to find other people and matches also have disconnecting lag (not that other online games don't, but Brawl has them more frequently). Aside from that, multiplayer still rules. Many people here might say that "Brawl is just like the other games, but with more features and characters" or some other reason. Brawl is still the way it is because that's the basis for the gameplay, like the Mario games, yet I don't hear people complaining about Super Mario World being just like the earlier games. Most of the other complaints from these reviewers are complaints from non-gamers who don't read the manual, Half-baked complaints over the stupidest things, or Xbox fans who've likely never played it and are deliberately giving it bad reviews just to promote their egos. All in all, whether you like fighting games or not, whether you're a fan of the Smash series or this is your first game, whether you're a long-time Nintendo fan or a newcomer, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is definately worth trying out. Expand
  97. SqueM.
    Aug 28, 2008
    This game is surely the best of the series though it has it's problems (like long loading times, online etc.) but even that doesn't make it one of the best fighting games in existence. Super Smash Bros. Brawl rocks and will be recommended to Nintendo and fighting fans and maybe everyone even.
  98. EdF
    Sep 22, 2008
    First off, for all the people who said it's boring: you just have no friends. I've played this game nearly every day with my friends for at least an hour since it came out and I'm still addicted. Next, all you people who say that nothing has changed since the series started, tell me what should change. The thing is this isn't just a normal fighting game. Most of the First off, for all the people who said it's boring: you just have no friends. I've played this game nearly every day with my friends for at least an hour since it came out and I'm still addicted. Next, all you people who say that nothing has changed since the series started, tell me what should change. The thing is this isn't just a normal fighting game. Most of the things that could be added would just get it closer and closer to being your average crappy fighter that nobody even cares about. Asides from that they have tried their hardest to make as much additions as they could, but do any fighting games really change that much? *cough*SoulCalibur3-4almostnochange*cough* Also, all you people who say it's a button masher, you obviously just suck. If I tried to button mash with my friends, I wouldn't last 10 seconds. This is a great game that is deeper and more complex than most people give it credit for. The only problem isn't with the game, it's with the people that play it and jump to conclusions that either nothing has changed or that it's just another button masher. They are the real problem. Expand
  99. ChrisG.
    Nov 24, 2009
    Good, but not Great. I pre-ordered this with great anticipation, as soon as I could. Nintendo gave it like a year's wait when they announced it, to the day it was released. I was tense, waiting to get my hands on this game after playing it's two great prequels. On getting it, I popped that fucker in, and braced for epic. What did I get? One step backwards. Now, I may seem like Good, but not Great. I pre-ordered this with great anticipation, as soon as I could. Nintendo gave it like a year's wait when they announced it, to the day it was released. I was tense, waiting to get my hands on this game after playing it's two great prequels. On getting it, I popped that fucker in, and braced for epic. What did I get? One step backwards. Now, I may seem like i'm coming off aggressive, but the person behind this keyboard happens to be a huge fan of this series. For me to type this up, says alot. The graphics, were an improvement, sure. But it was sadly tainted with a dull-look, it looked less colorful than SSBM, it lacked the lustour and life that its prequel had. The gameplay was essentially the same, same moves, (changed moveset for some characters) and only added a 'smash ball' which allows said user to summon a finishing move. Most of these finishing moves were uneffective, and a better job of killing the enemy off could be done with a well-timed smash attack. The characters, well they added a few new ones, but at the cost of REMOVING some fond ones, like Roy, Dr.Mario, Mewtwo and Young link, But hey, don't worry. They sortof added them back but under different names like. Ike, Lucario, Toon-link. The wi-fi sucked. It simply, sucked. It lagged, like crazy. People disconnect, like crazy, the community are mostly comprised of 10 year olds, waiting for a match took 5 solid minutes. The story was okay, it was innovative where it came to adding characters into the story, but the plot sucked, it never told you as to why R.O.B. blew shit up, it never said who tabuu was, it never said why Bowser and Ganon became so rich, they bought a huge space cannon and plotted domination. The sound, was fuckin' A. soundtrack artists from sega, konami, square enix and other companies chipped in to make it a eargasm. In short, if this was too long to read, It's essentially the same game, with no pro's but a smash ball. The 'new characters' arent as they seem, half of them are re-skinned favorites like Mewtwo, and Roy. And half of the time, they're two of the same character (ness and lucas) 8/10, only because it RESEMBLES the epic that was melee Expand
  100. JordanG
    Oct 12, 2009
    Best fighting game ever made? Yes. In my eyes Soul Calibur II is the only thing that comes close. The fast paced, hectic action is easy to play and when on multiplayer it plays like nothing else. Seriously, this and Halo 3 are the two best games to ever bring out at a party

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.