Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

8.9

Mar 1, 2008
    Brawl is undoubtedly the best game in the history of the gaming world. There is nothing that will top this game for a long, long while in my opinion.
  2. Mr.Jackson
    Mar 10, 2008
    Nobody does it like Nintendo, and no one saw it coming! With 'Brawl', the Big N flexes its Wiis muscles and pushes it to limits not yet seen. It also shows Sony and Microsoft that its system can run with their next gen systems. From the amazing graphics and soundtrack, to its user friendliness and blazing multiplaya play, it does for the Wii what 'Goldeneye' did for Nobody does it like Nintendo, and no one saw it coming! With 'Brawl', the Big N flexes its Wiis muscles and pushes it to limits not yet seen. It also shows Sony and Microsoft that its system can run with their next gen systems. From the amazing graphics and soundtrack, to its user friendliness and blazing multiplaya play, it does for the Wii what 'Goldeneye' did for N64. Simply put, its the ULTIMATE party game. Expand
  3. JesseS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Great game :) As a multiplayer game it works nearly flawlessly (both online and with live people). Not much to gripe about unless you were expecting the Wiimote motion sensing to be used for controlling the game. I've had one slow down while playing online, but even while running slow it wasn't unplayable, just a bit annoying. It actually played a great deal like someone had Great game :) As a multiplayer game it works nearly flawlessly (both online and with live people). Not much to gripe about unless you were expecting the Wiimote motion sensing to be used for controlling the game. I've had one slow down while playing online, but even while running slow it wasn't unplayable, just a bit annoying. It actually played a great deal like someone had used the "clock" item (or whatever the thing is that slows down everyone but the person that uses it), except that all players were moving slow. But, out of 30+ games online, only one has had any problems, and it was only for about 15 seconds out of a 2 minute match. Also, the Adventure mode is actually fun and longer than I expected (my daughter and I have played for about 10 hours and are about 50% done on the easy setting). Expand
  4. JonnyK.
    Mar 7, 2008
    You really couldn't ask for much more from Nintendo, except maybe more third party characters or voice chat. other than those two flaws, the game is perfect. I've played the Japanese version and it blew my mind away.
  5. mikew
    Jan 5, 2008
    the game super smash bros. brawl is almost a perfect 10 out of 10. This game has multiplayer, which most Wii games don't ,also it has online. I t has everything inside, multi player, online , mario, "fatality" (super smash ball), trophies (achievements), story mode, battle mode, and a million others, it has many features and add on too, and most important part is, it's frickinthe game super smash bros. brawl is almost a perfect 10 out of 10. This game has multiplayer, which most Wii games don't ,also it has online. I t has everything inside, multi player, online , mario, "fatality" (super smash ball), trophies (achievements), story mode, battle mode, and a million others, it has many features and add on too, and most important part is, it's frickin FUN. I recomend buying it the first day it comes out (feb. 10. 2008) Expand
  6. AdamB.
    Feb 27, 2008
    New characters, new stages, new moves, Smash Bros. has just gotten a whole lot better!
  7. JonH.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Nintendo did good, they made a MUCH better single player and the only reason why someone wouldn't like it is because they don't have any friends but now you don't need to, theres wifi play.
  8. DennisG.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Multiplayer games don't get better than this.
  9. SamK.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This game is excellent. It took everything great about Smash Bros, and made it better. I give this game a 9.9/10 because of the lack of using the d-pad on the classic controller even if you change the control scheme, but everything else tottally makes up for it. My final thoughts. Buy this game. It is so worth the 57 bucks
  10. RoryF.
    Mar 19, 2008
    To Presen T, to say this is just a recycled melee shows that you havent even played this game, the amount of extra content in this game is huge. Not like Halo3 which is essentially "enhanced hill physics" and better graphics. Simply put, this is the game of Nintendo fans' dreams and a solid fighter in its own right.
  11. JohnS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    It is nothing but an improvement, though not groundbreaking changes, there are no faults, only issue was the concept of "you and a friend teamed up online" meant you had to have a friend with another Wii who's 12 digit friend code you must have to do so, not your friend on your couch.
  12. MichaelH.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is completely different from Melee. All the people that complain about this game obviously are taking this game too seriously or too loosely. This game will keep you playing for years and years, what with the many modes, stages, and online. Heck, I'm only halfway through with the game right now! Ican't keep my hands( or my friends hands) off of Brawl! Super Smash Bros. Brawl is completely different from Melee. All the people that complain about this game obviously are taking this game too seriously or too loosely. This game will keep you playing for years and years, what with the many modes, stages, and online. Heck, I'm only halfway through with the game right now! Ican't keep my hands( or my friends hands) off of Brawl! It's just the great. So if you're reading this, ignore all the crap other idiots have been saying and just buy this game, it'll be worth your while. If you don't understand the game, go ask someone to explain or just don't buy the game and whine about it later. It's a fun fighting game, better than street fighter and soul caliber, imho, so try it out and people...(who gave the horrible reviews), go get a life and try to actually REVIEW the game for what it's worth. Much more than half of the people here agree that this is a good game, so I'm pretty sure Brawl is not a bad game, it is indeed near perfection. Expand
  13. WesleyA.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Wonderful game, the best game ever so far. If you thought Galaxy was good, this is even better!
  14. DanielY.
    Mar 8, 2008
    The multiplayer is as good as it gets with such in depth customiztion, to the character roster and arenas. With various game modes like events, classic mode, subspace emissary, etc it will occupy have endless replay value. Online, trophies and stickers plus much more this is a must buy for Wii owners.
  15. RajendraG.
    Mar 9, 2008
    THe best fan service ever. The music brought me way back to the dawn of gaming. Subspace emissary if filled with a ton of enjoyable cut scenes, and the trophy and sticker collection mini games will last me years to come. All this tacked on top of frantic and deep fighting game with online multi player. My only regrets are the fact the the waggle capabilities of the Wiimote were not used THe best fan service ever. The music brought me way back to the dawn of gaming. Subspace emissary if filled with a ton of enjoyable cut scenes, and the trophy and sticker collection mini games will last me years to come. All this tacked on top of frantic and deep fighting game with online multi player. My only regrets are the fact the the waggle capabilities of the Wiimote were not used at all, and the awful friend code system that makes the online so anonymous, you might as well be battling the CPU. Expand
  16. TheRyan
    Mar 9, 2008
    The game offers crazy amount of action and it never lets up. Great playing solo or multiplayer. A must buy for Wii owners.
  17. CaseyM.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Very fun, but disappointing that you can't play more than one player on wifi.
  18. MikeK.
    Apr 25, 2008
    absolutely fantastic. Everything a gamer could want piled into a super-mash up fighting game.
  19. DanteR.
    Apr 25, 2008
    Far more balanced than melee and I love playing online with my friends. Great game.
  20. JohnJ.
    Apr 3, 2008
    This game is simply amazing. A real masterpiece!
  21. JohnF.
    Apr 3, 2008
    I love this game, all my family is super into it! I also love how giantbomb gave it the lowest score to maybe get more hits in there page.
  22. DarwinZ.
    Apr 4, 2008
    This is my FAVORITE game by far! it is so fun, and packs a great kick! i love it! and i'm so glad i got it! BEST EVER!
  23. CalebH.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Best game for the Wii yet and best installment in the SSB series. Chock full of Nintendo nostalgia and awesome multiplayer action. Years of enjoyment!
  24. TSwan
    May 1, 2008
    Deep as a fighter, Nintendo history class, and multiplayer game. No fight is EVER the same. Millions of collectables, online matches, definitely 100%.
  25. FabianH.
    May 3, 2008
    The people who rated it low are probably just jealous becous they couldnt get it becous its sold out. And yeah its true its almost the same but with new characters songs options and features. But if they change the gameplay too much it wouldnt be smash bros. anymore, it would just be another fighting game. Jay I know its not true that you have just as much fun with the original smash The people who rated it low are probably just jealous becous they couldnt get it becous its sold out. And yeah its true its almost the same but with new characters songs options and features. But if they change the gameplay too much it wouldnt be smash bros. anymore, it would just be another fighting game. Jay I know its not true that you have just as much fun with the original smash bros. becous it almost got no characters and much features of brawl are not in it like the stage builder. And the gameplay of brawl is faster than the other smash bros games. Expand
  26. JustinS
    May 4, 2008
    WHAT ARE SOME OF YOU PEOPLE THINKING!!!!! This is one of the greatest games out on the market. If you don't like how they are not changing anything, then go play something else. I wouldn't change anything ether if the first two where complete hits, what's the point? I say keep up the good work.
  27. NohC.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Great game, i have all 3 ssb and melee looks like a demo compared to brawl. I can play 3 hours a day. Also wifi battles are rely cool. this is not a waste of money. I give my word to all parents, its a great game your kid will live. Not a waste. 10 out of 10.
  28. SkylerO.
    Aug 15, 2008
    Excellent game. It's lack of hitstun and it's slower speed make combos non-existent. Fun for parties, but not as tournament viable as it's predecessor.
  29. AlanL.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Oh my gosh, this game is awesome! Is the best game on Wii in my opinion. Is glory to have Sonic and Snake among the team.
  30. ChristofferL.
    Jan 4, 2009
    WARNING, COMMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!! I love the game, but the game is not perfect. The one problem is the stage builder. I was suspecting a advanced stage building, but instead it was reminding me of level building on a game boy color, having the same music looping over and over and I loose imagination about how the level should be constructed. What I want is being able to make stages WARNING, COMMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!! I love the game, but the game is not perfect. The one problem is the stage builder. I was suspecting a advanced stage building, but instead it was reminding me of level building on a game boy color, having the same music looping over and over and I loose imagination about how the level should be constructed. What I want is being able to make stages similar to other pretty made stages like Brinstar, Yoshi's Island (both normal and melee), Summit, New Pork City and others by manipulating brushes, making triggers around the map and could make 3d animating backgrounds and you'll feel special when your project is done and the stage is impressive. Otherwise the stage builder the game is very replayable. I seriously love the tweaks of the characters and thier attacks. The adventure mode is okay but when you've done 50% of the game you think you're at 90% because you're in the socalled "Subspace Emissary". Graphics are brilliant and the animation is perfect, the lenght of enjoying the game is very long, but stage builder is bit of a joke, mostly because I love building stages as long you have the right tools to build a stage. I would give this game 94/100 if users had the ability to rate games between 0-100. Expand
  31. WhyNot?
    Feb 14, 2009
    First of all, let me say just one thing: Hardcore players and casual gamers may not both agree with my views. That being the case, here's my review for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. From the moment I first saw the preview for this game -- yep, almost three years ago -- I thought "Wow, this game might actually be better than Melee!". Fast-forward to getting the game two years later. My First of all, let me say just one thing: Hardcore players and casual gamers may not both agree with my views. That being the case, here's my review for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. From the moment I first saw the preview for this game -- yep, almost three years ago -- I thought "Wow, this game might actually be better than Melee!". Fast-forward to getting the game two years later. My first thoughts when I played it? "Holy crap. This IS better than Melee." The aspects that Melee had that made it such a great game are only made better by Brawl. With a new roster of characters (like Snake and Sonic), a slew of new stages (and the chance to create your own), and online capabilities, this may be the best Wii game yet. The single-player mode, for the most part, is lacking -- aside from the Subspace Emissary, I found no changes. But the one-player game isn't what I play Brawl for. It's the multiplayer. With 37 characters, matchups can be anywhere from classic (think Mario, Luigi and Peach versus Bowser) to downright hilarious. (Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic, and Mr. Game and Watch in a taunt match? Score!!) And what about the Wi-Fi capabilities? Although they are a tiny bit limited, it is nice to be able to face people who could be 12,000 miles away -- or just down the road -- without leaving your couch. Despite its minor flaws (load times, graphics could be a bit better), SSBB is definitely my first choice for games on the Wii. 97/100. Expand
  32. JamesW
    Feb 5, 2009
    It's not trying to reinvent the series, so don't expect that. What you should expect is the biggest homage to Nintendo ever, with great gameplay (single, co-op, multiplayer or online) to boot. Highly recommended.
  33. joshla
    Jan 7, 2010
    This game utilizes NONE of the Wii's controls....no shaking, no pointing, no tilting, no nothing..WHY?
  34. DustinWithrow
    Oct 8, 2006
    Looks to live up to the fun and entertainment of its predisesors with more charicters, Solid Snake, and the new super attacks it looks to be just as fun as the SSBM. The last one is still by far the best Game Cube game out there and this one dosent look far off of that for the Wii. I cant wait to get my gruby little hands on this one:)
  35. PeteyPiarna
    Sep 13, 2007
    Brawl seems to be one of the most anticipated game for the Wii. Not only does it feature better graphics then his little Gamecube brother. It features great music from the best musicians, more characters including Konami's star Solid Snake and several great environments to once again duke it out against Nintendo's superstar fighting game.

World of Warcraft brought you epic,

World of Warcraft brought you epic, Smash Bros Brawl will bring you legendary!
  36. Anonymous
    Oct 1, 2008
    Amazing game! The replay value is tremendous, as you will spend weeks trying to collect every last trophy, sticker, and achievement in the game. The variety of characters and stages is stupendous, and the Subspace Emissary adventure mode is a lot more in-depth and enjoyable than Melee's adventure mode. The graphics, animations, and environments are beautifully rendered and the music Amazing game! The replay value is tremendous, as you will spend weeks trying to collect every last trophy, sticker, and achievement in the game. The variety of characters and stages is stupendous, and the Subspace Emissary adventure mode is a lot more in-depth and enjoyable than Melee's adventure mode. The graphics, animations, and environments are beautifully rendered and the music selection is probably the best I have ever heard in any video game in my life. The only lacking part of this game is the online, which can be unreliable and laggy when playing with random people. However, this is only a minor setback to an otherwise spectacular game. Expand
  37. AckTar
    Oct 17, 2008
    It is an excellent game that would be amazing as a stand-alone game. 37 characters, a ton of stages, and generally high replay value make this a great party or tournament game. The problem, though, is that Melee is simply a better game in terms of the engine and the balance, and it is a more competitive game. People complain about it being not competitive enough, and rightfully so. Buy It is an excellent game that would be amazing as a stand-alone game. 37 characters, a ton of stages, and generally high replay value make this a great party or tournament game. The problem, though, is that Melee is simply a better game in terms of the engine and the balance, and it is a more competitive game. People complain about it being not competitive enough, and rightfully so. Buy it, but fans of Melee should NOT expect Melee 2.0. Expand
  38. HankH
    Dec 1, 2008
    This is a very fun game if you have friends to play with. A lot like Melee, but w/ better graphics and more characters. If you are planning on playing by yourself, then you should not buy this game. The story mode, which is surprisingly fun only gives you about 10 hrs of game play. The online play is just awful. 11/10 w/ other people 7/10 by yourself This averages out to 9/10 overall.
  39. Watstone
    Feb 4, 2008
    Easily the best game in the series by a wide margin. I don't think I've ever played a game with this much content - and all the content is enjoyable, particularly the music. The music in some other games is awesome, but SSBBrawl's music is in another class, several notches above other games.

Speaking as a pro player of SSBMelee, I am extremely happy with the character

Speaking as a pro player of SSBMelee, I am extremely happy with the character choices, new stages, stage builder, and the fact that many glitches and/or exploits have not survived the transition from Melee; Brawl breathes fresh air into an already magnificent franchise.
  40. DavidC.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This is a rare game in the fact that the few negatives are completely over-shadowed by the immense positives. If you have a Wii you must buy this game. If you don't have a Wii, you should go buy one and then buy this game.
  41. MarcusN.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Bar far the greatest game of the century. Sakurai done his best and we should admire his masterpiece. 10/10
  42. DJ
    Mar 10, 2008
    No one does it like Nintendo! The multiplaya is in full effect, whether at your crib with friends or online vs the world, this is a next-gen 007 Goldeneye in terms of the addiction and madness! Nintendo pushes the Wiis hardware to levels yet unseen. The graphics and music are simply fantastic and the game runs at a smooth and fast framerate. It would be nice if I could play my homies on a No one does it like Nintendo! The multiplaya is in full effect, whether at your crib with friends or online vs the world, this is a next-gen 007 Goldeneye in terms of the addiction and madness! Nintendo pushes the Wiis hardware to levels yet unseen. The graphics and music are simply fantastic and the game runs at a smooth and fast framerate. It would be nice if I could play my homies on a DS version wirelessly though. How cool would that be? Expand
  43. AllanK.
    Mar 11, 2008
    This game is so sweet! Making maps. Playing wonderful multiplayer. Great minigames and long adventure!
  44. TerryB.
    Mar 10, 2008
    The whole game is head and shoulders above melee, but it's a cruel joke that the fastest way to unlock all the characters is in that godawful Subspace Emissary mode.
  45. A.G.
    Mar 10, 2008
    A bit sluggish (think 64 style, rather than Melee) but with all the modes, challenges, and extras...Brawl will never collect dust.
  46. GioD.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Absolutely worth the wait. Its IMPOSSIBLE to write about all the good that oozes from this title so i'll make it short and sweet. Not to take anything away from Smash Bros Melee, but Brawl COMPLETELY obliterates it, and to be honest many would have been pissed if it didnt. The fan service in this game is unreal. You can literally spend hours playing this and going "Oh did you see Absolutely worth the wait. Its IMPOSSIBLE to write about all the good that oozes from this title so i'll make it short and sweet. Not to take anything away from Smash Bros Melee, but Brawl COMPLETELY obliterates it, and to be honest many would have been pissed if it didnt. The fan service in this game is unreal. You can literally spend hours playing this and going "Oh did you see that!?", "No way did that just happen!!!", "Thats a remix of the Metroid Fusion song!", "Did that character really just help me!!!???", its unbelievable how much content, items, stages, characters, music, animation, detail, and modes are packed into this disc. UNBELIEVABLE. And in the same vein as people kept playing Melee on the gamecube long LONG after its initial release (not to mention it was the best selling game for the cube), there is absolutely no reason why Brawl wouldn't be in the same category. If you bought it already you know exactly what im talking about, and if you haven't...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? One of the best, if not THE BEST, multiplayer games in history. Expand
  47. IanI.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Great game, not quite as good as melee though. Combat seems weaker and the new levels are awful, they generally move alot and like to arbitrarily kill people, not at all balanced. The new customizabillity is great, alot of settings, unfortunately you can't change anything if you want to play online (unless its a friend match) so you are stuck with a timed match, random map, with full Great game, not quite as good as melee though. Combat seems weaker and the new levels are awful, they generally move alot and like to arbitrarily kill people, not at all balanced. The new customizabillity is great, alot of settings, unfortunately you can't change anything if you want to play online (unless its a friend match) so you are stuck with a timed match, random map, with full items...which is no fun at all. Expand
  48. JonathanT.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Freaking best game on the Wii.
  49. SW
    Mar 13, 2008
    I had never played any Smash Brother games in the past. Since I had a gift card I bought it based only on the hype that surrounded the game. This game does live up to its hype. The sheer number of game modes is overwhelming for someone who has never played SSB before. Playing online is a great experience. It is very polished. The best part is that its re-playability is off the charts! I had never played any Smash Brother games in the past. Since I had a gift card I bought it based only on the hype that surrounded the game. This game does live up to its hype. The sheer number of game modes is overwhelming for someone who has never played SSB before. Playing online is a great experience. It is very polished. The best part is that its re-playability is off the charts! This truly is a game that wii owners will be playing for the life of the system. I own 14 wii games and have never given a perfect 10 to any of them, except this one. Expand
  50. Chauboy
    Mar 13, 2008
    Wow. Someone gave this game a 0 because it doesn't have Master CHIEF in it? Or is he talking about some new game like 'Cooking Mama: Halo edition'? I'm giving this game a 10 just to balance out his inane 'review'. Anyways, love the new characters. Wish there weren't so many Fox-like characters and there was more variety but it is still pretty good. This Wow. Someone gave this game a 0 because it doesn't have Master CHIEF in it? Or is he talking about some new game like 'Cooking Mama: Halo edition'? I'm giving this game a 10 just to balance out his inane 'review'. Anyways, love the new characters. Wish there weren't so many Fox-like characters and there was more variety but it is still pretty good. This is easily a game that I can spend countless days just playing against my friends. Expand
  51. SethM.
    Mar 13, 2008
    anyone who gave this game lower than a 10 is a retard.

this game is incredible, not only as looks go, but gameplay as well. the wifi capabilities take the mayhem further. the story mode was great as always and keeps you guessing. great game, nintendo really scored a hit with this one.
  52. TimB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    First of all, I want to put down the grades of 5 and down. I read all of them and they are obviously made by people that don't appreciate the type of game this is. Second, my review: This game has obvious improvements over its predecessors- the graphics are great, even compared to PS3 and 360 games; there are more characters, and all are more or less balanced all but a couple of the First of all, I want to put down the grades of 5 and down. I read all of them and they are obviously made by people that don't appreciate the type of game this is. Second, my review: This game has obvious improvements over its predecessors- the graphics are great, even compared to PS3 and 360 games; there are more characters, and all are more or less balanced all but a couple of the stages are innovative, familiar, or simple enough to be fun for the type of gameplay that will be on them, and both the multiplayer and solo modes are well developed- probably the biggest improvement over Melee. My only qualm is that the controls are hard to get used to on the wiimote, but I have my old Gamecube controllers so I just choose to ignore that small problem. Collapse
  53. AliK.
    Mar 14, 2008
    A deep single player mode and overall fantastic.
  54. CoolCanadian
    Mar 14, 2008
    Crazychief and domingo don't know what they are talking about! Its a problem with there TV's! This game is the marking point for all nintendo games and an instant classic; it will go down with Melee and Ocarina of time! The graphics (when used with a proper tv and converter) are awesome, and the gameplay is huge! If u cant see your own HP dont attack the game! ITs your own Crazychief and domingo don't know what they are talking about! Its a problem with there TV's! This game is the marking point for all nintendo games and an instant classic; it will go down with Melee and Ocarina of time! The graphics (when used with a proper tv and converter) are awesome, and the gameplay is huge! If u cant see your own HP dont attack the game! ITs your own freaking TV! and No it is not the same as gamecube if you think the graphics are the exact same again; check your tv! The new inovation is great, and the gameplay is good! clearly these guys dont know what there talking about! Expand
  55. KevinR.
    Mar 10, 2008
    A great game that follows in the amazing tradition set forward by its predecessors, Super Smash Brothers Brawl exceeds in all fields except one: why are the stages still so dull and unexciting?
  56. Munkipo0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Domingo and CrazyChief12 is the most stupidest guys ever.Just because you can't see your hp doesn't made a game a zero and of course the wiimote controls is weird. that why you use a gamecube controller for god sake. Also the game doesn't look like a gamecube game and the gameplay is fun not boring. New special ablitlties show how kick ass the game is. that a huge ton ofDomingo and CrazyChief12 is the most stupidest guys ever.Just because you can't see your hp doesn't made a game a zero and of course the wiimote controls is weird. that why you use a gamecube controller for god sake. Also the game doesn't look like a gamecube game and the gameplay is fun not boring. New special ablitlties show how kick ass the game is. that a huge ton of imagination in the game. Domingo have no imagination at all. Not Nintendo. That why Domingo give it a zero. Cause he have no imagination and he is a sony fanboy who is just jealous that the ps3 doesn't have a good game like that. Overall this is one of the best game ever and don't listen to faggot like Domingo and Crazychief112. Oh yeah you could see your hp in the game. Expand
  57. JosiahH
    Mar 16, 2008
    OK, first of all, whoever DOMINGO is can kiss off. you are obviously just some loser who sucked at the game and didn't like it for that reason ,or you just have no taste in video games. crazychief at least gave a reason why he didn't like the game. (A very bad reason but a reason all the same.) This was without a doubt ,the best wii game there is. The gameplay was amazing andOK, first of all, whoever DOMINGO is can kiss off. you are obviously just some loser who sucked at the game and didn't like it for that reason ,or you just have no taste in video games. crazychief at least gave a reason why he didn't like the game. (A very bad reason but a reason all the same.) This was without a doubt ,the best wii game there is. The gameplay was amazing and the... Lets just say that everything was amazing. There have been three games like this for the wii, Twilight princess, super mario galaxy, and super smash brothers. Smash brothers best quality was the variety in game modes, which was almost infinite. I usually think that everyone's opinion is worth hearing, but if you didn't like the game, you are wrong with no questions asked. Expand
  58. LiR.
    Mar 17, 2008
    *CONTROLS: sweet as can be. No other game gives you this much choice on how you play your game as well as let you customize what every button does if you don't like the layout. No more excuses! *GRAPHICS: beautiful, those whining about it looking like the GC are the same who said Mario Sunshine looked like Mario 64... oh please! And you gotta watch those awesome cutscenes in the *CONTROLS: sweet as can be. No other game gives you this much choice on how you play your game as well as let you customize what every button does if you don't like the layout. No more excuses! *GRAPHICS: beautiful, those whining about it looking like the GC are the same who said Mario Sunshine looked like Mario 64... oh please! And you gotta watch those awesome cutscenes in the story mode. *VALUE: The sheer value packed into this awesome dual-layered DVD (the first and so far only on the Wii) and all the unlockables are mind blowing. With online matches, map-making and constant downloads for replays, photos, etc, this game has infinite replay value. *The game is pure fan-service and does very well to cater to legions of people who have at any point been fans of Nintendo. You're bound to find many things that make you remember your childhood and just see how much butt the game kicks as you get deeper into it. If you liked any of the Smash brothers, and even if you didn't GET IT NOW! Expand
  59. TyeH.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This is by far the best game i have every played in my entire life, it is equal in awsomness to Zelda Ocarina of Time in my opinion!
  60. JohnP.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Recaptures the magic of the first two games, and then some. We had a big tournament of this game in the university bar after someone bought a Japanese Wii specifically for this. The new characters fit in well, the gameplay hasn't lost any snap or freshness and the sheer level of detail and ingenuity makes Brawl the best in the series so far.
  61. JulianA.
    Mar 20, 2008
    I think that this is by far, the best game I've played in my gaming experience. Beating all of my owned games, except Super Monkey Ball 2, It is pleasure to my ears and mind.
  62. BryanM.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Fantastic game. Musical score is by far one the best I've ever heard. Subspace Emissary, while boring and repetitive at time, is a fun fan-service for long time fans of Nintendo. Overwhelming amounts of unlockable characters, modes, trophies, stages, and other content. However, the gameplay is slowed down and the character list needs some work. Online suffers from the same issues as Fantastic game. Musical score is by far one the best I've ever heard. Subspace Emissary, while boring and repetitive at time, is a fun fan-service for long time fans of Nintendo. Overwhelming amounts of unlockable characters, modes, trophies, stages, and other content. However, the gameplay is slowed down and the character list needs some work. Online suffers from the same issues as every Nintendo game. (WHY?!?) Overall, if you have friends or are a fan of Nintendo this is a must buy other then that steer clear. Expand
  63. Derek
    Mar 20, 2008
    For those who complain that this isn't a total reinvention of the series, you're missing the point. Though you wouldn't guess from being a casual player, Melee was one of the more original and complex fighters out there. Rather than ruin near-perfection, they've simply expanded, updated, and subtly improved nearly every aspect of the game. Not to mention adding a more For those who complain that this isn't a total reinvention of the series, you're missing the point. Though you wouldn't guess from being a casual player, Melee was one of the more original and complex fighters out there. Rather than ruin near-perfection, they've simply expanded, updated, and subtly improved nearly every aspect of the game. Not to mention adding a more in depth adventure single player mode, online play, a mass of fan pleasing characters, a stage-builder, and essentially removing the presence of "clone" type character modeling (it's almost shocking how different each character feels). The character's are far better balanced this time around.... and Final Smash attacks are so much fun. This is the real deal people... more than worth the wait. Expand
  64. MarioL.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Best game for the wii for sure.
  65. AnnaS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    I enjoy this game and so does my little cousin.
  66. Samuel
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is the most revolutionary game ever to be invented you would really have to be challenged to give this game anything less than what it deserves, a 100/100
  67. ShaequanR.
    Mar 5, 2008
    How could you give this game anything less than 100%
  68. BudBlue
    Mar 5, 2008
    This game is simply amazing. The soundtrack alone is worth over $20, and I never even listen to music. I believe my only complaint is the airtight online-service. (Not being able to see names? Come on now! At least it's basically lag-free.) However, this is easily subsided by the fact that many many hours of offline play will go into this with friends and by myself. The replay value This game is simply amazing. The soundtrack alone is worth over $20, and I never even listen to music. I believe my only complaint is the airtight online-service. (Not being able to see names? Come on now! At least it's basically lag-free.) However, this is easily subsided by the fact that many many hours of offline play will go into this with friends and by myself. The replay value is endless... I still play SSB64 every once in a while. Expand
  69. R.B.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Have been playing for a month, living in Japan. Unlike Melee it doesn't feature bilingual menus, which is no problem if you're playing in your native language. (I tend to believe, despite understanding the game in Japanese, that the game is much more rewarding in English.) Aside from this, the game is perfection. There's also a wonderful quasi-handicapping ability in Have been playing for a month, living in Japan. Unlike Melee it doesn't feature bilingual menus, which is no problem if you're playing in your native language. (I tend to believe, despite understanding the game in Japanese, that the game is much more rewarding in English.) Aside from this, the game is perfection. There's also a wonderful quasi-handicapping ability in choosing one controller over another. You can play the game through any number of ways you like on a classic controller, alone or in groups or online, and then play the exact same game using the Wiimote, or with the Wiimote and nunchuk, and the game feels totally alien. The weights and movements of characters are each slightly different from Melee, which means you're not just buying the same game over again -- you're rewarded more in the gameplay department for actually pulling off combos and making strategic movements. I do think there is much room for improvement still for the series, and suspect the next release will be made on a beefed up DVD-playable 12Gb storage Wii (or future console) and will allow you not only to choose your character, but the character's renderings from original sprites up through each Smash Bros version, with corresponding physics. Or options to allow those physics and gameplay styles. The level editor and online options justify the purchase, it comes with co-op adventure mode, team play, more characters than you will be able to remember even after spoiling yourself silly on the main website and wikipedia.. and it's a nonstop unlockfest that does not stop giving, no matter how casually you play. Just a really, really enjoyable game. It's the kind of excitement you feel not just because you're playing it, but because every moment is something you'll want to tell every detail about to friends who are not there witnessing it with you. You'll want to play the game over from scratch with an audience, take videos of everything, reset your save game to zero to do it again before you've even gotten far enough into it to know what's been unlocked. Expand
  70. SidoD.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Awesome game. while the speed is slower, the mechanics are different which make it a different game than melee. this is a different game, but that is why its just awesome.
  71. KobeeH.
    Mar 7, 2008
    So far. So good. played it for about half and hour. The 10 is jumping off point til I go much much deeper. Hopefully the scare stands with my full review.
  72. DylanB.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This game is by far the strongest and most well built game on the Wii. from the minute you pick it you are going to want to keep playing it. Its a all around amazing title that lives up to melee.
  73. AlexS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This is the best console game I have ever played.
  74. FowlerS.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Great party game. Lots of options. Fun single player mode!
  75. JasonF.
    Apr 1, 2008
    As a fan of all previous SSB games, I found this one to be as enjoyable as all of the others. I rate the graphics, music and content of the game very highly, but the inflexibility (in most cases) of the map maker and the lack of quality in the online "With Anyone" is what takes away my perfect score. Never the less, I'm a huge fan of the series and have been enjoying my copy of Brawl As a fan of all previous SSB games, I found this one to be as enjoyable as all of the others. I rate the graphics, music and content of the game very highly, but the inflexibility (in most cases) of the map maker and the lack of quality in the online "With Anyone" is what takes away my perfect score. Never the less, I'm a huge fan of the series and have been enjoying my copy of Brawl since day one. I only hope Nintendo updates the online play when playing "With Anyone". Two minute four person free for alls leave a lot of room for improvement and (less importantly) the map editor comes out with new parts/backgrounds/space. Expand
  76. Michael
    Apr 13, 2008
    You know a game is awesome when the only bad thing people say about it is that 'it didnt reinvent the series'. Smash players don't want a reinvention, they want more content! We've all been spoiled by melee, and Sakurai delivers even more than any of us thought possible. I'm still playing melee, and I'll still be playing brawl in 10 years time!
  77. PritenV.
    Apr 17, 2008
    I am a pro of Melee (yes, that means a tourney player) and while I regret the loss of wavedashing and other advanced moves and techniques, I have no reason to fuss over it when Nintendo has delivered to us what is probably the best game it ever created, except for maybe Super Mario Bros. The nostalgia alone should force any reasonable fan to get this game-the Chronicle is a list of every I am a pro of Melee (yes, that means a tourney player) and while I regret the loss of wavedashing and other advanced moves and techniques, I have no reason to fuss over it when Nintendo has delivered to us what is probably the best game it ever created, except for maybe Super Mario Bros. The nostalgia alone should force any reasonable fan to get this game-the Chronicle is a list of every Nintendo game ever created! Unbelievable! This is easily the best game in the series and there can be no doubt: if you have a Wii, you need to have this game in your collection. Expand
  78. Daniel
    Apr 1, 2008
    A thoroughly fantastic and magical experience.
  79. NintendoNerds
    Apr 18, 2008
    Awesome game. The more I play it, the more addicted I come.
  80. BobAndrews
    Apr 2, 2008
    This is the best game ever rate this game a ten.
  81. JeffS.
    Apr 2, 2008
    Perfect! this game is awesome. wow whoever gives this any lower than a 7 is seriously a miserable man with no friends. the single player mode is great enough for it, BUT MULTIPLAYER OWNS. it took me a long time to complete and still i am not done...good job nintendo
  82. BrandonB.
    Apr 2, 2008
    This game sweats amazing, if you want a Wii game, and your one of the nine people that doesn't own Brawl, then go to your local retailer and get a freakin' copy already!
  83. AndyO.
    Apr 20, 2008
    A very great game. Ussualy ill expect zeros from people that live halo or ect. but im kinda shocked how people who played this jewel of a series. You need to find some good in this game. Im a big nintendo fan (even though i have been on the computer most of the time now), and the graphix and sound are very good. They kept the gameplay the same for the most part and added some nessecary A very great game. Ussualy ill expect zeros from people that live halo or ect. but im kinda shocked how people who played this jewel of a series. You need to find some good in this game. Im a big nintendo fan (even though i have been on the computer most of the time now), and the graphix and sound are very good. They kept the gameplay the same for the most part and added some nessecary features (the final smashes are just SWEET). The balance is perfect, all the extras make this game worth the buy. Dont get me started on the replayability, you will be playing this game in 5, 7, 10 years from now (exgaggeration, 4 or 5 seems reasonable). Sure... the thing is like a clone (but better!) but i think nintendo recognizes when a concept has reached its full potential. (if they can find another thing to raise the bar on this, they deserve a award) The only thing i think would need improvement is the online play (its kinda slopy, looks like it was made in a hurry) and the mapmaker (add some more depth!!!!). Expand
  84. JailS.
    Apr 25, 2008
    This is the best game on the Wii, even if the online service is rather lukewarm- But who cares, you get to beat the crud out of people from around the world or your friends, AND you get to shame them with your taunts.
  85. RobertG
    Good game over all
  86. LeonM.
    Apr 4, 2008
    Nintendo has done it again. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has done what it was promising to do for a while. After many delays it has finally come out, and to be honest, it doesn't get much better than this. The new levels are awesome, the music is awesome, the adventure mode is awesome, the new moves are awesome, the characters are awesome, ETC ETC. I simply cannot praise this game enough. Nintendo has done it again. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has done what it was promising to do for a while. After many delays it has finally come out, and to be honest, it doesn't get much better than this. The new levels are awesome, the music is awesome, the adventure mode is awesome, the new moves are awesome, the characters are awesome, ETC ETC. I simply cannot praise this game enough. Definitely worth the money. Expand
  87. GerardW.
    Apr 7, 2008
    Best bloody game ever hands-down. The only people who vote it down are the people who whine about it being "overhyped." Ridiculous, just enjoy the game!!
  88. TedAwesome
    Apr 8, 2008
    A nice selection of characters and stages Some great music A lot of unlockables Terrible, unnecessary loading times. Terrible online (With Anyone - the rest is Nintendo's fault) Wasted characters.
  89. ThomasR.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Fairly good game, not everything i'd thought i'd be. Honestly, I don't see why it's so acclaimed. The graphics are great, the music is great, and the massive selection of characters is great, but it's still the same old fighting game. Character's final smash moves are simply breathtaking, yet Subspace Emissary is absolutely horrible with no apparent storyline Fairly good game, not everything i'd thought i'd be. Honestly, I don't see why it's so acclaimed. The graphics are great, the music is great, and the massive selection of characters is great, but it's still the same old fighting game. Character's final smash moves are simply breathtaking, yet Subspace Emissary is absolutely horrible with no apparent storyline whatsoever. All in all, this game deserves nothing more than an 8.5 which I rounded down to an 8. Expand
  90. RedGreen
    May 20, 2008
    Offline-wise, this game is at perfection. Online-wise, this game is a piece of crap If you are buying this game, it is definitely not for its online capabilities. It will need to be on the PS3 or the Xbox 360. before I buy it for online play. Online - 2 Offline - 10!
  91. JoshuaM.
    May 23, 2008
    An awesome game, but there were some problems with play testing in that some of the old characters like link is pretty shit now whereas other new characters like pit and lucas are a bit overpowered. Still a really fun game to play
  92. JackH.
    May 24, 2008
    I thoroughly enjoyed Melee, so I like Brawl just as much, if not more. I'm glad that you can now create your own stages, and I only dislike 2 or 3 characters (thank god Pichu got left out). Online was a little disappointing, but overall it is one of the best games for the Wii.
  93. TomH.
    May 25, 2008
    Anyone who doest like this game because they just don't is a retard. and yes I'm talking about everyone who use the 5 immortal words 'i just don't like it'. i can understand people not liking the game its just when people cant be bothered to explain to everyone who reads it why they don't like it that is when the review becomes completely pointless and Anyone who doest like this game because they just don't is a retard. and yes I'm talking about everyone who use the 5 immortal words 'i just don't like it'. i can understand people not liking the game its just when people cant be bothered to explain to everyone who reads it why they don't like it that is when the review becomes completely pointless and unhelpful it is simply stating your opinion on something an opinion that people who don't know you don't care about all they care about is what the game is like not whether you like it or not. Expand
  94. JoshuaL.
    May 29, 2008
    This game is really exciting. I have been playing this game since I got it and there are many things to do. Some of the modes were copied from melee and are similar but they improved it and made it better. The multiplayer is a blast with friends and some of the new items and rules make it more action packed and amazing. The graphics on the characters are well detailed but I don't This game is really exciting. I have been playing this game since I got it and there are many things to do. Some of the modes were copied from melee and are similar but they improved it and made it better. The multiplayer is a blast with friends and some of the new items and rules make it more action packed and amazing. The graphics on the characters are well detailed but I don't really mind about how good or bad the graphics are, I always play this game whenever I have a chance and I enjoy playing it all the time. Expand
  95. ErnieU.
    May 4, 2008
    I thnk its the best game on this console great graphic improvment and gameplay expecially the final smash.
  96. AlecC.
    May 5, 2008
    The epitome of multi-player gaming action. Enough content to last another decade. Too much depth to be called a "Fighting Game."
  97. CalebraD.
    May 5, 2008
    The best the Wii has to offer. Worth buying a Wii for. A must have for any gamer.
  98. ManoelQ.
    Jun 11, 2008
    "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is an intense game, which makes you play for hours without wanting to stop. The game is perfect in replay and fun manners, but it has long loading screens and the Solo Mode could be a little better.
  99. CianM.
    Jun 23, 2008
    I loved this game. I have about 50-70 hours racked up and still going. In response to everyone saying it's not different enough from Melee, well what do you want? There was little that could be improved and the vast majority of sequels don't do much to change the core gameplay. This takes any problems with Melee and chucks them out the window. Anyway let's just say I loved this game. I have about 50-70 hours racked up and still going. In response to everyone saying it's not different enough from Melee, well what do you want? There was little that could be improved and the vast majority of sequels don't do much to change the core gameplay. This takes any problems with Melee and chucks them out the window. Anyway let's just say it's an easy game to play but difficult to master Expand
  100. LanceC.
    Jun 8, 2008
    The game is very fun. So fun tht it will keep your interest for many months ,or even years, to come. Although I don't believe any game can be perfect, since nothing is perfect, this game does stand up there. I do complain about the stale stage builder and Nintendo probably rushed with online gameplay. Subspace Emmissary is pretty fun for the first time, but then you will notice it The game is very fun. So fun tht it will keep your interest for many months ,or even years, to come. Although I don't believe any game can be perfect, since nothing is perfect, this game does stand up there. I do complain about the stale stage builder and Nintendo probably rushed with online gameplay. Subspace Emmissary is pretty fun for the first time, but then you will notice it sometimes get repetitive. I also think they should have kept some thing from melee, like not weakening some of the fighters, or slower speed. Overall, it is still very good and a must-have for the wii. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.