8.9

1. Sep 20, 2010
    Fun as hell. If you loved Melee, you will adore this game. For some it might feel like a massive expansion pack but you just can't miss this. Completely balanced characters, easy to pick up controls and countless goodies and entertainment at its disposal. Get it.
  2. Dec 25, 2010
    This game is amazing. Of course, you can't really go wrong with Nintendo games. The subspace emissary is the only thing that I find incomplete. Despite being a nice 'quest,' it can eventually feel like a long grind, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that if you aren't going to play it. That aside, I find that with 4 different control methods (Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, GC Controller, Wii Classic Controller), you can easily find some type of play style you like. It may be 2 years old, but the game is so impressive that it is the best fighter on the Wii. You will NOT be disappointed. Expand
  3. Apr 4, 2012
    I know no one will read this, but don't listen to the bad reviews. If you liked any of the other Smash Bros. games, then you'll fall in love with this game.
  4. Apr 6, 2012
    If you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a few minor issues and complaints with it, but when you think of the overall package and how it can literally keep you entertained for hundreds of hours all those flaws just seem to practically disappear, this is truly a must play title for any and all gamers, and stands out among all the other great Wii games as one of the best, it's an outstanding game. Expand
  5. Jul 14, 2011
    Because the Wii doesn't have too many hardcore games doesn't mean is death. Smash Bros put in shame the other companies console , and always will. Exaggerated combos and attacks are a joy too watch. The addition of cameos like Sonic and Snake aren't big bomb's but make good shape to the warriors.
  6. May 29, 2011
    Amazing. Just amazing. An endless cast of characters, a huge range of modes to play, and easy to learn but hard to master controls. This adds up to one awesome game. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting game of its time, and multiplayer mode just rocks.
  7. Aug 25, 2011
    Story mode is not that awesome, but its cool that they tried to make a story and all. Me and my friends got hooked on this game at college and had tons of fun. The multiplayer is the only thing worth spending hours upon hours playing.
  8. Mar 9, 2012
    What this game is; is the greatest game of all time! I enjoyed brawl. SO much better than melee. It has ALOT of features in this game. From fighting with your friends to building stages. This is deserve a must buy to any wii gamer in the world. Graphics: 9.5 Gameplay: 10.0 Story: 9.0 Features: 10.0 Overall: 9.8
  9. Mar 12, 2012
    One of the best games ever! The game has so much to do, that you'll keep it in your Wii for a very long time. Hopefully the next Super Smash Bros. will be even better!
  10. Jun 16, 2012
    This is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and with all the characters and maps in this game it is certain that to matches of Brawl Mode will never be the same. They also added a new super attack for each character which really adds some excitement to the game and should you ever get bored with Brawl Mode you can also play Special Brawl which have been improved a lot since the last game. Even though this game is 4 years old it is still the game that i play the most on my wii and also one of my favorite games of all time. If it hadn't been for the poor online system and balance this would definetly be a 10/10, but it's still a fantastic game so i'm gonna give it 9/10. Expand
  11. Aug 29, 2010
    This is single-handedly the best party game in existence. Forget Guitar Hero or Rock Band, forget Mario Party or Mario Kart, forget DDR. This game has the power to intoxicate anyone that plays. Friends of mine that don't even own a video game system pick up the Wii remote and get hooked on this game and we play for hours on end. The characters are unparalleled. Nintendo has and always will have the best characters to work with. The music is so much fun to listen to while playing. Every song will get stuck in your head or take you back to the glory days of gaming. The fighting mechanic, albeit simple, is perfect. It requires skill, but at the same time is approachable and condescends the normal frustrating and confusing properties of trying to pull of combos and special moves associated with other fighting games (ie. Street Fighter, Blazblue.) I just think this is great game that anyone can pick up have fun. There are plenty of modes to keep you busy in between visits from your buddies that want to play with you. Plus the nostalgia associated with the game, is worth marveling at, with classic characters, stages, music and all kinds of other things. By far the BEST game for the Wii. Expand
  12. Aug 8, 2011
    This is SO MUCH FUN!!! Brawling against your friends is very fun, collecting trophies and stickers is another highlight and don't know where to begin on The Subspace Emissary! I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a must have on Wii!
  13. Jul 28, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games ever, alongside "Halo 3". The singleplayer is good, but the multiplayer is EXCELLENT!!!! The graphics are impressive, and many of the characters look more realistic. I like that. My only criticism would be the Stage Builder. The stage builder could be a little better. Wait. A LOT better. But other than that, this game is very, very fun. Definitely worth playing. Buy it!! Expand
  14. Jul 12, 2011
    This game is super fun. My house-mate and I play almost everyday and it never gets old. Though in my opinion it is only playable with a Gamecube controller. The variety of characters and play styles is spectacular, the maps are fun and make you pay attention, and even the campaign is fun for the most part. There are also a lot of really tough challenges that take skill to complete. 10 out of 10.
  15. Aug 18, 2011
    My favorite fighting game of all time. This game is fantastic. Years later and I still play a few times per week. This game got 2nd place on IGN's "Best game of the last decade" poll, beaten only by Majora's Mask.
  16. Sep 4, 2011
    Probably the best fighting game ever made. This game is HIGHLY addicting, and could become hazardous to your health if not taken care of. The graphics were good considering all of the stuff that had to be animated. I liked how there are less clones than in melee (the only clones being link and toon link, but there is a big difference between the two).
  17. Jan 1, 2012
    If the online was as good as it should be, this would be the best game on Wii. It's still hugely addictive still today, being the best multiplayer experience on the market.
  18. Nov 30, 2011
    Why do I still use my Wii despite me having a PS3 and XBOX360? four words: Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
    Though nowadays I don't play it, It is etched onto my mind as 'epic'. It has a very connecting, lively storyline, how would Mario meet Ganondorf? How do all the villans and heroes from all of nintendo's top franchises and Solid Snake and Sonic team up? Thats the storyline called the Subspace
    Emissary.

I was absolutely overwhelmed to say the least, you can brawl for moths at a time without getting the least bored. Every characters move-set was uniquely designed, it feels different playing with each character. They introduce us to each characters background in cutscenes, and the level at which it assimilated me into the story made me feel like a part of the nintendo family in a matter of hours despite being a total stranger before.

What really made me feel strong is that every character put aside their differences to face that one enemy who could destroy the universe otherwise. If there's one thing I've learned: "United we stand, Divided we fall.'

A must buy for anyone who loves any kind of fighting and who seeks ways to pass time, Oh did i forget to mention that it had an awesome multiplayer? Despite so many entries since 2008, a very few have managed to match-up/ surpass SSBB!! Thanks Nintendo, for this overwhelming treat!
  19. Jan 4, 2012
    The 3rd entrance in the Super Smash Bros. series is phenomenal. With such a wide cast of characters and stages, the good times can keep rolling. The music and sounds for the game are as great as you could expect a 1st party Nintendo game to have. I honestly looked for a bad thing to say about this game, and the closest I could come up with was a decent story in the Subspace Emissary, but even then, the story does an interesting job of combining all of the characters to one common goal. The online multiplayer is gruesome, but that is also do largely to the fact that Nintendo decided to go with friend codes for all of their games, which is not the actual game's fault. Even almost four years after its release, I have played close to 3 months of game time in my records. That is roughly 700 hours of game for $50.00, and I would have payed the XBOX retail value of $60.00. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already, and go pick up this game, and even a Wii if you have to. The replay value of this game will keep you entertained for many months. Expand
  20. Mar 21, 2012
    there is no brakes to this game its so fun and i would give this a twenty because its endless and real endless fun.....you cant have a wii or cll your self a nintendo fan without having this game.......and even if you get bored you can play demo classic games and theres endless mini games....by far nintendo did its best on this game and this is probably the best game for the WII.....by owning this game yo will be a proud owner of the wii!!!!!!! Collapse
  21. May 5, 2012
    Its perhaps even safe to say that Super Smash Bros Brawl is the greatest game ever created. Super Smash Brawl is what you get if you combine deep gameplay with hardcoreness. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is just Melee but better, with new characters like Snake, Meta Knight, Wario and Sonic, new items like the Smash Balls and a lot of new cool stages. This is a game that you'll be playing for a very long time, perhaps even years. The only problem I have with game is - NOTHING!!! Even singleplayer can keep you entertained for months! So, if you don't have this game yet, go get it! No Wii is complete without this Expand
  22. Nov 10, 2012
    The celebration of all things Nintendo! A fun game with plenty to do. Great characters, stages and music. A must-have for Wii! The controls are responsive, with varied modes and even an excellent adventure mode that is very entertaining.
  23. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a big fan of these games and now this game has been up the next level by making the Wii go on line and challenge your friends or just random people.

They is a least new characters on this game some take time to know what skills they do.

On the downfall I hate this game for:

On line can be slow to connect if you playing with random players in a team got to wait at least 20 minus or so before another guy comes on and then it sometimes disconnect you off then you have to start again finding players.

And you trip a lot too on this game half a time I lost in the sudden death mode because I tripped up and a bomb landed on my head and I could not move in time to avoid it or the other player killed me.

The game is detail in the characters that is on it.

The levels is awesome and some playable enough.

The songs/music is well composed and nice to listen to.

They 's is the challenges you can do for more stuff in the game that will take you a few days to do.

The game is just great, it's fast paced with extra bits like a stage builder you can now re-create the old levels in other games but it has hardly room to make a lot of things to make it annoying for you.

Overall I personally love this game too bits.
  24. Jun 21, 2011
    Amazing! Brawl just has so much to offer! This is a game that can be played for hours and hours and hours and hours without getting bored. The fighting, items, levels and characters all blow me away! The Super Smash Bros. series is only getting better and better. This game has a lot of content and is so addicting to play! It's story mode is also amazing and very very beautiful!
  25. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the best fighting game ever. You can play as all of your favorite characters from most Nintendo Franchises, and some "Nontendo" [play on words =~)] franchise. This has a great moment with my favorite scene from any video game ever in it. The multiplayer is the best kind ever, no one will be disappointed. The only place where it lacks is having online multiplayer with extremely long wait times, so most of the time it better (and perhaps even more challenging) to put some computer players on. Expand
  26. Mar 24, 2012
    If you own a Wii, getting this game is a necessity. Period. :) You will not regret it. There's so much content in here that you'll likely be discovering more of it for years to come. Far more bang for your buck than most video games can shake a stick at. Most importantly, though, the combat is fun, fast-paced, and there's plenty of strategy involved for the hardcore gamers who like to fine-tune their strategies. GET THIS GAME. Expand
  27. Mar 10, 2014
    Sue me for all I care. I personally think this game is better than Melee. Don't get me wrong: I love Melee, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love Brawl even more. Why? One word: content. Brawl has at least twice as much content as Melee. The addition of the Subspace Emissary mode was a brilliant one on the developer's part, and while people whine about it having pretty much no story, they probably had fun playing it whether it had a story or not. Boss Battles mode is very challenging, Stage Builder (while a little bare-bones) is a great idea, stickers and CDs will keep completionists like me busy for months, and do I even need to talk about Final Smashes? As for everything else that's an improvement on Melee, Brawl just gives us more. More characters, more stages, more modes, more trophies, and pretty much just more things to do.

Was there anything really bad about the game? Well, not really bad, just annoying. The ability to unlock every character just by playing through Subspace Emissary I think wasn't a good idea (maybe if you just unlocked ROB, Snake, and Sonic as milestones), and the online mode is really laggy, though not enough to stop you from having a good fight with folks online. And yeah, there are a couple characters I would have loved to have in the game, but I won't hold that against the game. Every single crossover fighting game that exists suffers that problem. As for the lack of L-canceling or wave dashing or other crap like that, look at it this way. Most of the people who play Super Smash Bros. probably don't play it competitively (including me though I'm a die-hard fan of the series). This stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest, and if you're still kicking ass without those mechanics, it shouldn't bother you either.

Bottom line is that Brawl is a fantastic fighting game. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and no one will change my mind. Is Brawl going to become somewhat obsolete when Smash Bros. 4 comes out for 3DS and Wii U? Of course it is, but for now, if you have a Wii or Wii U and don't own Super Smash Bros. Brawl...you, my good sir or ma'am, are out of your mind.
  28. Apr 21, 2013
    Excellent game. I would recommend it to anybody. Worth every penny. Excellent moves, great graphics, and extreme addictiveness, and nice storyline makes this game the incredible game I knew it would be
  29. Mar 15, 2014
    This is my favourite fighting game alongside Marvel versus Capcom. It's accessible but deep, fun but challenging. The stages are the best I have seen from a fighting game and the characters are unique and fun. This is the best online experience on the Wii and is a must-have for any long time Nintendo fans.
  30. Sep 24, 2010
    Brawl is the best game in the smash bros. series. The graphics are enhanced and the music is breath taking. The game is really fun with friends and family. The characters are almost balanced but needs few tweaks. The storyline though did not reach my expectation and is awfully short. The multi-player mode is just awesome when played with friends. The online play really sucks because of the slow connection. Bottom line: Buy this game and don't borrow it or rent because you have train yourself to kick your friends' ass. Expand
  31. Mar 21, 2012

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.