• Publisher: Tecmo
  • Release Date: Dec 12, 2006
7.8

1. DanielR.
    Jul 8, 2007
    too cute, too slow, and despite what others are insisting (and I doubt any of them have ever picked up an actual golf club) nothing like a real golf swing 'mechanic'.... is a golf swing mechanic sort of like a quantum mechanic?. All in all after two hours of ownership of this game I am wishing I had tried it out by renting it first. Shows you what I get for reading and believing too cute, too slow, and despite what others are insisting (and I doubt any of them have ever picked up an actual golf club) nothing like a real golf swing 'mechanic'.... is a golf swing mechanic sort of like a quantum mechanic?. All in all after two hours of ownership of this game I am wishing I had tried it out by renting it first. Shows you what I get for reading and believing ohter peoples reviews. Expand
  2. MatthewC.
    Mar 8, 2007
    This great is incredibly hard, but very fun! I can attest to the fact that you DO get better and "used to it". No, this isn't "golf" exactly as it is in real life. This is more fun. The swing mechanic isn't exactly like real golf, but Super Swing Golf is SO much closer to real golfing than Wii Sports Golf. Super Swing Golf does take some getting used to... and does incorporate This great is incredibly hard, but very fun! I can attest to the fact that you DO get better and "used to it". No, this isn't "golf" exactly as it is in real life. This is more fun. The swing mechanic isn't exactly like real golf, but Super Swing Golf is SO much closer to real golfing than Wii Sports Golf. Super Swing Golf does take some getting used to... and does incorporate somewhat of a learning curve, but I think once you get the hang of this game, TRUE fans of golf will LOVE IT. In conclusion, Super Swing Golf is very hard, but very fun as well. Expand
  3. KDep
    Dec 15, 2006
    Yet again Gamespot is whining. You can tell the reviewers are PS3 fanboys... I really like this game so far. It's not stupid easy like Tiger Woods games and it looks and plays very well. Graphics are nice, load times are pretty decent, and gameplay is awesome. I'll try and use this to stay in golf form over the winter (sorta...). Go and get it.
  4. DS
    Jan 16, 2007
    I may have been spoiled by playing Pangya on the computer (Albatross 18 for the English version), but the controls in the Wii version just don't make up for the fun of playing online, which is sadly missing in this wiimake.
  5. ZanzibarTRG
    Jan 26, 2007
    I really want to like this game. And it's not bad. But where it is bad, it is real bad. No way to speed up opponents turn make 18 holes go by very slowly. I'll just save. Nope. No, midgame saves either. But I could even look past this. What I cannot look past is the, well let's call it what it is, AI that is either all out dumb as a box of rocks or an Eagle-ing master, the I really want to like this game. And it's not bad. But where it is bad, it is real bad. No way to speed up opponents turn make 18 holes go by very slowly. I'll just save. Nope. No, midgame saves either. But I could even look past this. What I cannot look past is the, well let's call it what it is, AI that is either all out dumb as a box of rocks or an Eagle-ing master, the latter happening more often than not. The swing mechanics wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked. Even the slightest deviation from a perfect hit and it's an all out guess as to where the ball drops. I really did want to love this game. But, it's only for people who apparently aren't capable of feeling frustration. I know of several instances where I wanted to throw the thing through a wall simply because of the gut wrenchingly frustrating gameplay. ZTRG Expand
  6. ClaudeR.
    Dec 18, 2006
    Great golf game, very addictive ounce you get the hang of it.
  7. EdwardH.
    Dec 16, 2006
    think about it like mini golf with a ton of unlockable content bonuses and secrets and you wont be disappointed. very fun.
  8. BushidoV.
    Dec 18, 2006
    This game is ridiculously fun - much, much better swing mechanics than wii golf and once you get into it there are thousands of items characters and powerups to unlock.
  9. DjFIL
    Dec 19, 2006
    This game is good. I love this swing mechanic... I can't believe how precise the control feels. The putting is tough, and so is the Pangya Festa opponents. It's cartoony golf, with a realistic feel. Only wish it had online play... and more characters to choose from for single/multiplayer.

1. Great characters, original courses, loads of items, and an intuitive control system, what more could you ask for? [JPN Import]
  2. Super Swing offers a lighthearted, quirky experience that may strike a chord with some players, but will probably turn off anyone looking for a traditional round of golf.
  3. Super Swing Golf takes the same arcade-style approach as titles like "Mario Golf" and "Hots Shots Golf", yet it manages to stand out thanks largely to the controls. [Feb. 2007, p.94]