Super Swing Golf Wii

• Release Date: Dec 12, 2006
7.8

1. ZanzibarTRG
    Jan 26, 2007
    I really want to like this game. And it's not bad. But where it is bad, it is real bad. No way to speed up opponents turn make 18 holes go by very slowly. I'll just save. Nope. No, midgame saves either. But I could even look past this. What I cannot look past is the, well let's call it what it is, AI that is either all out dumb as a box of rocks or an Eagle-ing master, the I really want to like this game. And it's not bad. But where it is bad, it is real bad. No way to speed up opponents turn make 18 holes go by very slowly. I'll just save. Nope. No, midgame saves either. But I could even look past this. What I cannot look past is the, well let's call it what it is, AI that is either all out dumb as a box of rocks or an Eagle-ing master, the latter happening more often than not. The swing mechanics wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked. Even the slightest deviation from a perfect hit and it's an all out guess as to where the ball drops. I really did want to love this game. But, it's only for people who apparently aren't capable of feeling frustration. I know of several instances where I wanted to throw the thing through a wall simply because of the gut wrenchingly frustrating gameplay. ZTRG Expand

#18 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#20 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

1. Great characters, original courses, loads of items, and an intuitive control system, what more could you ask for? [JPN Import]
  2. Super Swing offers a lighthearted, quirky experience that may strike a chord with some players, but will probably turn off anyone looking for a traditional round of golf.
  3. Nintendo Power
    Super Swing Golf takes the same arcade-style approach as titles like "Mario Golf" and "Hots Shots Golf", yet it manages to stand out thanks largely to the controls. [Feb. 2007, p.94]