The Beatles: Rock Band Wii

8.9

1. BrendanB
    Dec 1, 2009
    For any beatles or non beatles fan, this game is truly amazing, the best graphics seen so far in a instrumental game, an amazing setlist, possibly the beginning of a new beatles revolution. Overall an excellent game.
  2. EfestioneEfestionis
    Sep 28, 2009
    Great game, either for beatles fans and non beatles fans. The tracklist is very good(though a little short), the graphics are the same as the hd versions and the gameplay is excellent like any Rockbnd title.
  3. JamesSmith
    Sep 18, 2009
    This is the best game I have played on the Wii, hands down and has some of the very best graphics I have seen on this console. Amazing, one of those rare games which comes along every so often and blows your mind with the possibilities of the future.
  4. JohnC.
    Sep 11, 2009
    Graphics are pretty important in this game because of the dreamscape. The WII version suffers in this department compared to ps3/360.
  5. Sep 21, 2012
    I love it!! This game is perfect for any Beatles fan who really wants to get into the music. I know I did!! Being able to play all of Harrison's amazing guitar solos was really awesome. Plus, all of the extra videos and content really makes it worth the low cost!
  6. Apr 20, 2014
    And alas, The Beatles: Rockband... for Wii. Being an absolute Beatles fanatic, I bought this game (For Wii, because that's all I have...). Anyway, It's brilliant, entertaining, and just plain fun the whole way. The game includes studio recordings (studio chat), fun and interesting dreamscapes, real footage, DLC, Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more! All in all, it has a very high replay value andAnd alas, The Beatles: Rockband... for Wii. Being an absolute Beatles fanatic, I bought this game (For Wii, because that's all I have...). Anyway, It's brilliant, entertaining, and just plain fun the whole way. The game includes studio recordings (studio chat), fun and interesting dreamscapes, real footage, DLC, Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more! All in all, it has a very high replay value and it earns a 10 from me. Expand
  7. Nov 27, 2012
    Flawless port of TB:RB to Wii. The only downside slightly higher DLC prices since they can't be bought in packs. That's it. Everything else is a perfect port of the PS360 versions and captures everything that makes the game great. The game doesn't contain any OMGWFTBBQ hard tracks; it's not about mastering another combination of 5 buttons anymore. Instead it's about using your fake guitarFlawless port of TB:RB to Wii. The only downside slightly higher DLC prices since they can't be bought in packs. That's it. Everything else is a perfect port of the PS360 versions and captures everything that makes the game great. The game doesn't contain any OMGWFTBBQ hard tracks; it's not about mastering another combination of 5 buttons anymore. Instead it's about using your fake guitar or drum set as a tool to experience the Beatles' music in an entirely new way; you see how each instrumental part shapes the song and creates a hook, mood, or tone. While Guitar Hero: Aerosmith was essentially just Guitar Hero with Aerosmith tracks, (which was just fine at the time) this game sets an entirely new standard for music gaming. You're not just playing Beatles tracks in the game. You're experiencing what the Beatles are all about.

The game's whole art style has shifted to a lighter, brighter yet reflective tone, unlike the cartoony over-the-top style of Guitar Hero or the more serious and focused Rock Band 2. It runs on the RB2 engine without being an obvious re-skinning, unlike World Tour's spin-offs. The earlier songs you play are done in famous venues in Beatles' history, but thing get REALLY awesome once you start to move towards their studio period. Each song from that period has an exclusive "dreamscape" built entirely around that song, and it makes the game a complete visual treat. Some are based on in-jokes: Yellow Submarine is filled with gags and references to the animated movie. But many are built entirely around the song's structure: While My Guitar Gently Weeps does this BEAUTIFULLY. The music, of course, is all the Beatles. If you like the Beatles, you will love this soundtrack. If you can't stand the Beatles, you obviously shouldn't buy this game (and you probably failed the Turing test as well, because nearly everybody likes the Beatles to some degree.) If you're lukewarm about the Beatles, check it out. It will only improve your opinion of them. There is a reason that they are often considered to be the greatest band of all time.

The Wii version features full online multiplayer; even with the Wii's clunky friend codes, you're still able to join a band with your online friends and the gameplay from there is just as good as it is in Rock Band 2. The gameplay is unchanged except for vocal harmonies; I've found them tricky and they need practice, plus they can't be done online unless your friends are standing right beside you. You won't use them often. But on those occasions when you CAN get three people singing in the same room... the experience is magical. Overall, this game is excellent. The already great Rock Band gameplay is there, but it's not the focus of the game. There's a reason that this game is The Beatles: Rock Band and not Rock Band: The Beatles. This is more than a video game. This is art. If you have plastic instruments still, buy this game.
  8. Apr 4, 2014
    beatles are the number rovk peace band alive today . its a fun game for family sing crazy songs and sing with your family and enjoy it please
    Grade A+
  9. LucasS
    Jan 7, 2010
    I'm a bit of a music game obsessive. While other people have dismissed it (or at least more recent games), as simple cash-ins, and while this may be true, The Beatles: Rock Band is, in my opinion, the third best thing ever done with Beatles music, and the best Rock Band/Guitar Hero game on the market to date. Unless you are not a fan of the Beatles. Of course, giving higher points to I'm a bit of a music game obsessive. While other people have dismissed it (or at least more recent games), as simple cash-ins, and while this may be true, The Beatles: Rock Band is, in my opinion, the third best thing ever done with Beatles music, and the best Rock Band/Guitar Hero game on the market to date. Unless you are not a fan of the Beatles. Of course, giving higher points to a game for a soundtrack in this day and age, where the market for such games is huge would be unfair, so I avoided putting a 10, which I would have had I not taken the aforementioned fact into consideration. Why? The graphics, especially for the Wii, are excellent. They show the Beatles as they get older, and the Dreamscapes are masterpieces (Especially the black-and-white theater of When I'm 64 and Oh! Darling (Yes, I got some DLC, which is another brilliant part of the game. The range of DLC available is everything the Beatles ever did, or, it will be soon.), the movie referencing Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Peppers, and even *that* tree.)The fact that they use only the remastered tracks puts the sound quality waaaaay up. The gameplay is unchanged (except the vocal harmonies, which are fine, except some people have yet to grasp the concept of singing in harmony), so if you don't like that, this game will suck for you. The collectibles available are a must for any Beatles fan, and are interesting for those who like that sort of trivia too. A brief word on the Guitar Hero/Rock Band war: I used to be a GH-only kind of guy. Now, I have switched to Rock Band. I appreciate both, but the attention to detail and extras that have gone into this game are amazing. The effort that goes into DLC is also above and beyond that of Guitar Hero. They aren't rushing them out the door. However, these days, it's a race between the two to pick up more and more famous artists of the past. I hope Rock Band do even half as good a job with the rumored Queen/The Who games. In conclusion: This game is really, really good, unless you hate the Beatles/Rock Band-style games. Expand
  10. ZacharyK.
    Dec 27, 2009
    I love the Beatles and I love all of their songs. This game is also awesome because of the awesome gameplay, graphics, art, and multiplayer which is accessible both offline and online. I just wish that more songs were included on the game that you don't exactly have to purchase. Overall, this newly found Rock Band experience must be played!!
  11. JoshH
    Oct 15, 2009
    It's a weird word, but this is an attractive video game. The songs are fun to play, and whilst they're not the hardest of songs available, they're still extremely fun. However, if you're not a Beatles fan, then there is no point. If you are, brilliant.
  12. PatrickP.
    Oct 3, 2009
    The Beatles certainly have their fair share of classics and the formula is still as fun as ever, but I can't let go of the feeling that the Rock Band and Guitar Hero franchises are due for an innovation over-hall. Still, I can't argue with a great new music game every three months.
  13. Jun 24, 2015
    This game is good and I'm a Beatles fan. However, I prefer the regular Rock Band. In order to like this game, you have to like the Beatles because there are no songs from any other artist on this game other than Beatles songs unlike Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

#22 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009

For those who have a love or even just a fondness for the Fab Four, Harmonix has created a fantastic tribute. It won't teach you the full history of the world's most celebrated band nor give you even a quarter of their extraordinary catalogue of music, but it's still great.
    If you love, like, or are even lukewarm on the band, grab it. Playing through the songs you've likely heard for your entire life gives you a new appreciation for the level of musicianship and songwriting on display. Somehow, Harmonix found a way to make the greatest band of all time even better.
  3. The Beatles are worth every penny, especially for fans of the Fab Four. This game delivers one of the most phenomenal music experiences, outside of hopping into a time machine and watching them perform live, we're likely to see during this phase of our digital age.